George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
General chitchat for August - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
General chitchat for August - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
General chitchat for August - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
General chitchat for August - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
General chitchat for August - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
General chitchat for August - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
General chitchat for August - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
General chitchat for August - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
General chitchat for August - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

General chitchat for August

+20
Clooney
janieb
marina
LornaDoone
sarah ali
Ello
Vilma
Natascha
Dexterdidit
sandwiches
it's me
Katiedot
fluffy
melbert
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
lucy
pattygirl
lelacorb
sisieq
24 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

General chitchat for August - Page 3 Empty Re: General chitchat for August

Post by Vilma Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:18

cindigirl wrote:Vilma, hope I didn't sound snarky on my previous comment. I was just kidding you. Smile

Oh no. You did not sound snarky at all.
Vilma
Vilma
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:55

Damn Cindi, how did you miss Clive Owen? He's been around, and been hot, for centuries - I just looked, since Chancer on British TV, 1991 - decades then, eek. He was in a great film, Croupier, that bugged the hell out of me watching it trying to think what it reminded me of and it was the same film. They released it twice in the UK and didn't tell anyone, didn't tell me anyway. Children of Men is a great film and that's whatsisname who's doing Gravity, Spanish fellow. Photographic memory, me, but I'm not good with names.

Just recently I realised I find his voice incredibly monotonous which was a blow. Also he was in Closer, with Jude Law and Nathalie Portman and was it Julia Roberts? Everyone in that film should have been sent home from Hollywood and told not to come back. If you see one Clive Owen film, don't make it that one, see the Bourne one he was in, then you have Matt Damon as an insurance policy, if you also get the monotonous thing.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 06 Aug 2011, 22:13

He was in Duplicity w/ Julia Roberts. Was pretty good in it too.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Sat 06 Aug 2011, 22:26

Yes that was good. He was in that bank heist film, the Inside job? I must have seen that movie 4 times, never figured out what was going on. Jodie Foster's entire role was incomprehensible.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 22:36

groupier, closer and duplicity, derailed, beyond borders and the list goes on and on...

Ello: Inside man

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sun 07 Aug 2011, 01:29

melbert wrote:
At least I know who he is Cindi!!!! lol But, I agree, I have major Clooneyitis and so far, THERE IS NO CURE!!!!

I only know Clive Owen from one thing. He did a funny BMW commercial with Madonna. He looks yummy. Not as yummy as G though.

That Clooneyitis gives me a fever. Wink

MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 02:00

Katie, forgive for going totally off topic...

Vilma, I am listening the blower's daughter which reminded me of closer, which reminded of Clive Owen Give hearts talking about him, have you read the "from the desk of Clive Owen" threads at celebitchy? hilarious! and his package is called there "Musk d’CliveDong"

Last edited by LouisLane on Sun 07 Aug 2011, 02:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilma Sun 07 Aug 2011, 06:32

Clive who? I was supposed to focus on George while I'm in here. But I must answer that last question - I'm crazy about those letters "from the desk of Clive Owen". They are EXTREMELY hilarious. Did you miss me my biscuits? There's always a letter when CO is caught on camera somewhere. And love that Musk d'CliveDong. I love you There should be letters from George too, that would be fun. We should write some.
Vilma
Vilma

Back to top Go down

General chitchat for August - Page 3 Empty temptemptemp

Post by Ello Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:22

Thanks for that Louis, that's hilarious!
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Sun 07 Aug 2011, 22:24

hey vilma! nice icon , where did u find it???
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 22:51

You're welcome Ello! You wanna have a test of "from the desk of Clive owen'?
Hello, my darling ladies-slash-bitches. I’m in London, thinking about you. That’s why I look so sad! I wish you were here with me, walking down these dark, London streets, wrapped up in my jacket. I wish we were on our way back to the hotel, where you could bask in The Clive and the Musk d’CliveDong. The sheets are clean, and the sex is filthy.
http://www.celebitchy.com/170435/from_the_desk_of_clive_owen_bilingual_biscuit_dreams/

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 08 Aug 2011, 00:12

Oh lordy! Who is Clive Owen? One of the most rugged, handsome men I've ever seen.

@Cindigirl you're just be facetious right?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0654110/

If I remember correctly, George once commented about Clive in a very positive way.

I wouldn't mind seeing the two of them in a film together!

Julie Roberts commented in an interview about George and Clive.

http://www.celebitchy.com/36508/julia_robert_says_george_clooney_is_obsessed_with_clive_owen/

[From Esquire]

Some of the best parts are the interviews with people Clive’s worked with. Julia Roberts, Mike Nichols and Spike Lee all talk about Clive with something resembling awe. Nichols talks about Clive’s particularly British experience as an actor who doesn’t care about reaction. Spike talks about how he knew he had to cast Clive because he was one of the few actors who wouldn’t get mowed down by Denzel Washington. And Julia talks about how George Clooney is obsessed with Clive. I’m just going to do the greatest hits from these sections:

Mike Nichols, who directed Closer, thinks of it as a sort of ruddy professionalism. “Clive’s the best example of the actor stripped of the cum-Strasberg, cum-Actors-Studio torture of emotion,” he says. “Here’s a guy who comes to work, gets his coffee, knows his lines. Then someone will say ‘Action,’ he’ll terrify everyone in the room, then we cut, and he picks up his coffee again. It’s a job. Clive is full of feeling, don’t get me wrong… British actors are utterly different animals. You talk to a British actor and he’ll tell you about the night before very matter-of-factly: ‘I f*@&ed her three times.’ They don’t care about your reaction. And you’ll say, ‘Hmm, you f*@%ed her three times. How did it feel?’ and they’ll be blank. ‘Feel? Feel? What’s feeling got to do with it?’ They don’t cart around their emotions about the job. They have lives. Clive has to go home at the end of the day, he has his family. That’s where his feeling resides.”

“George Clooney is obsessed with Clive,” says Julia Roberts, who stars with Owen in the upcoming Duplicity, as she did in Closer in 2004. “Every good-guy actor talks about Clive as one of their very favorites. Because he’s English, because his successes have stood on the shoulders of his talents alone, because he hasn’t just been carried away by popular culture. He’s almost the most free of all of those guys. People just allow him to do what he does…The only surprise about Clive was how absolutely ferocious he could be on camera. When we shot Closer, he used to make me cry. He’s a kind of emotional terrorist, so vicious. The thing about Clive is the happiness and security he has in real life is what allows him to go into a room and grab everyone’s attention effortlessly. The secret is, everyone is really attracted to contentment.”

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 08 Aug 2011, 00:45

"Oh lordy! Who is Clive Owen? One of the most rugged, handsome men I've ever seen.
@Cindigirl you're just be facetious right?"

I'm sorry if I sound facetious, but am wondering why we're talking so much about Clive Owen on a Clooney blog. If he's so popular doesn't he have a blog of his own? Or maybe we can make a new topic called Clive Owen?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 08 Aug 2011, 00:47

I personally don't care about Clive myself, Cindi, but, it seems appropriate here as this is a general area and if some want to talk about him, here is the right place. And, since George seems smitten with him, I guess it does relate to George.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 08 Aug 2011, 01:00

Hi Mel According to "House Rules" No, 9 (unless I read it wrong) the criteria is that the discussions must be reserved for Clooney related items.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 01:31

Thanks for understanding Mel and yes, he is one of the actors George admires.

Sorry Cindi, I will no longer go off topic. But I thought it would be ok to go a bit off topic since it is the general chitchat in the party at the kitchen. I guess we all should remind ourselves to not talk about anything not related to George since it breaks the house of rules # 9. Thanks for the reminder as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 08 Aug 2011, 03:03

Now, now girls - no pissing matches!! I have gone to the front page and copied this:

Party in the kitchen
'Cos no matter how good the party, somehow we always end up chatting in the kitchen. This is the place for non-Clooney related stuff (gasp! is there such a thing?!). Rants and raves, inspirations and conundrums, feel free to unleash here.

So, in my opinion, anyone can talk about ANYTHING here. Very Happy
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 03:08

melbert wrote:Now, now girls - no pissing matches!! I have gone to the front page and copied this:

Party in the kitchen
'Cos no matter how good the party, somehow we always end up chatting in the kitchen. This is the place for non-Clooney related stuff (gasp! is there such a thing?!). Rants and raves, inspirations and conundrums, feel free to unleash here.

So, in my opinion, anyone can talk about ANYTHING here. Very Happy
cheers too many rules to watch out for... and exceptions to them lol!

ps: meanwhile, watching One fine day again!

Last edited by LouisLane on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 03:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 08 Aug 2011, 03:12

Not really LL. Katie did put up the different sections (and well done I think), so all aspects of George can be cussed and discussed. The Kitchen is for all non-George things, even though he meanders through occasionally. We've got to have rules in every game we play.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 03:16

melbert wrote:Not really LL. Katie did put up the different sections (and well done I think), so all aspects of George can be cussed and discussed. The Kitchen is for all non-George things, even though he meanders through occasionally. We've got to have rules in every game we play.
Thumbs up!

Phew!!! That's why I thought we could go off topic here... anyway, I just wanted to make sure I was not breaking the rules and i was not upsetting anyone either Give Flowers2

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 08 Aug 2011, 03:21

You're OK LL, you're OK!!!! Thumbs up!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 08 Aug 2011, 03:37

No one's upset! I created this part of the forum (the kitchen) as a specific place for non-George Clooney chat.

I know that we often go off topic, so I bring those bits of conversation over here where those who want to chat about other stuff can do so to their heart's content.

The rest of the forum is specifically for and about George.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilma Mon 08 Aug 2011, 05:01

sarah ali wrote:hey vilma! nice icon , where did u find it???

Hi Sarah, I made the icon myself. Making icons and wallpapers is sooooo addictive.

Last edited by Vilma on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 08:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Vilma
Vilma

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 08 Aug 2011, 13:24

Ladies, I apologize for getting off on all the many Clive Owen posts here. Not an excuse but we were in middle of a very severe thunderstorm here and I was really nervous. I realize they were posted on Party in the Kitchen and although I'm not a CO fan I should be more tolerant of those who are.

Sorry This big
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 08 Aug 2011, 13:53

No no no no, I think I moved them to party in the kitchen (did I? I can't remember now) because they were off topic.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 08 Aug 2011, 15:17

Louis, Is your avatar a pic of your family? If so, they are truly beautiful. Must be a joy to you.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 08 Aug 2011, 16:10

Patty, because Louis is not on line right now, I guess I can answer your question about her avator. It's a pic of Nick, Nina, George and Ada when they were young.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 08 Aug 2011, 16:40

cindigirl wrote:Patty, because Louis is not on line right now, I guess I can answer your question about her avator. It's a pic of Nick, Nina, George and Ada when they were young.
Thanks cindi, didn't look that closely so didn't recognize it. Don't see small that good anymore.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 17:53

thanks Cindi for answering! Clooney family pic. When I first saw this pic I was what?! his mother's hair is similar to mine (mine is darker though) and in other pics she resembles my mom a little bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 08 Aug 2011, 18:24

Happy Monday ladies. Love seeing the old Clooney family pics. George looks so much like his father.

MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2011, 01:35

Happy Monday back at you, MGK! Happy week to all! sunny cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 09 Aug 2011, 20:10

Hey ladies. Went to the doc yesterday for my sinus/throat issues. Apparently it's allergies since there was no infection. Sinuses are better but now I'm coughing my fool head off. Uggghh, I'm getting on my own nerves with the cough. LoL

Seems like it's been slow around here except the Sk speculations. George needs to give us something to work with here. Hardy har har. Wink

I have officially begun the back to school countdown. 8 more days, thankyouverymuch. I love my daughter but we've had too much togetherness this summer. LoL
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 20:54

MyGirlKylie wrote:Hey ladies. Went to the doc yesterday for my sinus/throat issues. Apparently it's allergies since there was no infection. Sinuses are better but now I'm coughing my fool head off. Uggghh, I'm getting on my own nerves with the cough. LoL

Seems like it's been slow around here except the Sk speculations. George needs to give us something to work with here. Hardy har har. Wink

I have officially begun the back to school countdown. 8 more days, thankyouverymuch. I love my daughter but we've had too much togetherness this summer. LoL

I sympathize with your ailment. The coughing is the pits. Hope you have a good bladder. When I get like that I have to wear Poise. Especially bad at night. Mine aren't allergies though - sinus is my down fall.

We up in northeast have till after Labor Day for that relief. My daughter, however, has been counting down since July4th. (School ended the Tues. before). Two boys constantly fighting.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 21:06

I'll be glad when fall arrives. I'm tired of summer heat and humidity. Yesterday A/C guy told me It was 104 degrees here. Still at my daughter's house and didn't have real air conditioning until this morning when I got up. A/C man didn't put enough freon in. So today it's cool outside and 74 degrees inside. Freezing my butt off. Beagle is giving me the evil eye, think it's time to feed him.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 21:27

Was over in NJ today, son to airport, then south through horrible rain to Raritan Center area. Thankfully, I wasn't driving. My daughter drove, but it was nail biting rain. It cooled it off nicely, humidity was horrible till rains came. Let's enjoy it while we can. You know it's gonna revert back again.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 09 Aug 2011, 21:44

It cooled off to 92 here today. Thursday and Friday are supposed to be in the mid 80s with lower humidity. Can't wait. Maybe we can actually get outside.

MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 21:50

We usually get your weather a couple of days later. Son lived in KY for a while, granddaughter still there teaching. Pretty much same weather as yours, MGK. Hope you get some real relief and that it lasts more than a couple of days.

pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 09 Aug 2011, 22:23

What part of KY, Patty? We used to go to Louisville to a farm show at the fair grounds/expo center. I love passing through the Lexington area. If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to buy a horse farm up there. I should probably start playing the lottery though...lol
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2011, 22:44

Weather here in Boston is fine. It cooled off with the rain we are getting int he past few days. It poured cats and dogs in the middle of the afternoon yesterday. Then, it stopped and it was sunny again. I was thinking: where this comes from? Smile.

Anyway, the weather is nice here and I can walk to work and come back home on foot as well, yayyy, Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 02:38

cindigirl wrote:Ladies, I apologize for getting off on all the many Clive Owen posts here. Not an excuse but we were in middle of a very severe thunderstorm here and I was really nervous. I realize they were posted on Party in the Kitchen and although I'm not a CO fan I should be more tolerant of those who are.

Sorry This big
I did not even see this comment up to now, thanks! sorry for the thunderstorm.
Just don't post when you are nervous, affraid lol!

No no no no, I think I moved them to party in the kitchen (did I? I can't remember now) because they were off topic..
Katie, I think you moved, it was somewhere else either in welcoming newbies or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 02:49

MyGirlKylie wrote:What part of KY, Patty? We used to go to Louisville to a farm show at the fair grounds/expo center. I love passing through the Lexington area. If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to buy a horse farm up there. I should probably start playing the lottery though...lol

Lexington. Really is a beautiful area. Love the horse farms, all so beautiful. Hope you win that lottery.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 10 Aug 2011, 04:11

Texas is close to 40 days of triple digit temps, can't remember when it rained last, so ladies enjoy the wet while you can. Trees are dying all over Texas, it's so sad.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 13:08

Same here Lucy. We dont have it nearly as bad as you but it has been some time since we've had rain. The leaves are turning yellow and falling off the trees here. I'm so ready for fall.

Patty, love it up there. My daughter loves it when we go by the retired race horse farm especially in the spring because all the foals are out playing.

Last edited by MyGirlKylie on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 13:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 14:58

Don't know why things can't be evenly distributed. Those damaging flash floods are so grossly unfair. Why can't 3/4 of that water by spread throughout the regions with so much heat devistation. T X, NM, AZ in SW, KY, TN, AL, MS, GA, etc. Why can't we all get some nice, soft, cleansing rains (not deluges) so all our land can be green and beautiful. So not fair!!!!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 15:25

Yeah Right

There's no happy medium. We go from one extreme to another.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 15:59

It poured here yesterday too. Well, at least I don't have to water the outside flowers. LOL

Watered inside flowers, fed bunnies, fed dogs, vacuumed, swept hardwood floors, dusted furniture. I don't know how my daughter keeps up with this big house and holds down two jobs. Well I can say she doesn't take after me. Oy vei, I can hardly wait to go home on Friday and resume my couch potato status. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 16:10

And you were hoping for a bit of a vacation, huh?
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 16:18

Yes, "hope springs eternal" but doesn't always work out. No, no vacation for this lady. Well, my daughter didn't "order" me to do these things - she just suggested them "if I want to keep busy."

Now since when have I ever wanted to "keep busy?"
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 17:55

You should tell her you keep plenty busy, just taking care of her babies. We really know that you keep busy just chating with us girls
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 17:58

Patty LOL but chatting with you ladies is a vacation for me. Just fun
cheers
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down