George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

+49
Saveria
mel01
monaco
HRC2016
premiere
Duffy
Way2Old4Dis
George Fan
amaretti
laetval
fluffy
janieb
waewaewae
Barbara Garabedian
m4rose
FuturoST
theminis
Missa
blubelle
madsky
pattygirl
Henway
rmrmmm
Picachu
Bidbod
cindigirl
very vera
Dior
phys major
LornaDoone
lucy
Mazy
Maggy
Lakin460
Lighterside
lelacorb
Atalante
fava
Joanna
party animal - not!
annemarie
it's me
Best in Category
silly girl
LyndaGirl
NotAvailable
OofOof
watching
Katiedot
53 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

Post by mel01 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 00:54

Way2Old4Dis, you put it exactly as i felt. Totally agree with your point. However I understand why some fans here don't like it (I have no problem with it, wonder whether this whole thing will be mentioned during the Golden Globes)...many years ago when Cindy did Playboy for the 2nd time then the following year when she posed nude for "W" mag, I thought "what was she thinking" and was embarassed for her. But when I saw it in perspective, there was actually nothing bad abour it, at least the public and the media didn't think so, and in fact till today I still love her W cover pic and thinks it's a great shot, it really stands the test of time and will be something to remember.
Maybe they made this video also to capture themselves at this point of their lives, while they're still relatively young. I must say the fact George involved Stacy in this video elevates her position in his life - as a serious/longterm significant other.

Last edited by mel01 on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:53; edited 1 time in total

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 7 Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

Post by party animal - not! Sat 12 Jan 2013, 00:59

Yep

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Sat 12 Jan 2013, 01:05

I also think that the video meant: We're together. This is Stacy role in George's life.
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sat 12 Jan 2013, 01:08

I think he enjoys playing the field to much. he is like a boy in an ice cream store with all 31 flavors. he will find someone else

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 12 Jan 2013, 01:13

Have to agree with Vera. I think if Eli or Sarah had been with him when this tequila was being marketed, they too would have been in the video. I do think Stacy is going to be around for a while but I don't think her being in the video has any greater emphasis other than she's with him now and he did the video now.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 12 Jan 2013, 01:50

I've just had a vision of the girls in the bed scene....
Cindy as she was and EC doing her Giraffe impersonation with her head on the pillow !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 12 Jan 2013, 02:03

Best in Category wrote:

If he will do part 2. which I believe is the case if and as this turns out to be success, he could replace both of the females. To make it easier for everyone, just relying on old ones - Krista allen & elisabeth canalis and more action, would be more interesting.

monaco wrote:Late to the party as usual. It's all a bit of nonsense really - would have been funnier if a shocked Rande would have caught George and Stacy in bed together Wink

I think you both have just written what would have been a MUCH better promo. Rande and Cindy opening a series of doors to find George in bed with each of his previous girlfriends! So much funnier, although it would be an hour long. Very Happy
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Saveria Sat 12 Jan 2013, 02:33

I have to admit I'm a little bit torn about this whole thing.

On the one hand -- finally -- we get to see Stacey on film, which now justifies her being called an "actress" on award shows, so Yeay on that one.

But on the other hand -- there's nothing funny about drinking irresponsibly. So I was a bit surprised (and disappointed) with the premise of this ad. When someone is as creative as George, I was expecting something a little bit more intelligent.

One thing is for sure -- opinions are always subjective, so we will just have to agree to disagree.

Perhaps Part Two will be more titillating -- I'm gonna want to see more of George, in less compromising positions. Can't he play basketball or something, be all hot and sweaty and sexy, and (of course) drunk and then fall off a cliff or something? That could also drive the point home, don't you think?

Just saying.

Saveria
Saveria
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sat 12 Jan 2013, 02:54

I hear george and randy drink a bottle of tequila while they watch cindy and Sk get it on...so the video isn't as racy as the facts...
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 12 Jan 2013, 03:33

If you were promoting alcohol by means of car accidents, nobody would buy your product.
But promoting it with hot and sexy actors is a green light. First time I saw it, I didnt really have a feeling except "strange". Then I watched it again and "got it". I think it's quirky and funny. Now, if they were all nekked in bed . . . maybe not so funny. But I got the impression that everyone just passed out in bed after a fun night at home with friends and nothing really happened but sleep. One point I got was to "stay at someone's home and drink, not drive".
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by GCfollower Sat 12 Jan 2013, 03:37

I actually think it is serious and a true story. I have felt that for some time. I am done with GC, he has turned into, sorry to say a pretentious show off, and used to be considered the "nice guy". Stacy has done something to him and his affiliation with Rande and Cindy. There are pictures of Stacy hugging Rande so tight with her hand on his neck, and bodies hugging and Cindy and GC right next to them after dinner, I mean it just looks so real... I would not doubt it at all... Ben Weiss is in on it too, I would think, he totally cheats on his wife and that is just so sad, I feel so sorry for her. Ben cheats on FB and is quiet raunchy with the ladies. He uses his status as GC's friend to do it.... this entire group disgusts me...they have turned into self rightous jerks...Sorry but I used to think GC was so awesome and not anymore, just garbage. see GC going down fast because of the people he runs with so fast through life. He said in Jan 2011, I have stopped drinking cleaning up my diet etc., now he and Stacy Beer Pong which is dangerous for alcohol poisoning and he drinks like a fish, you never hear about him with his family and I am fully aware that his friend Ben Weiss is a big drug user or was...so I would not put it past em all... I think it is all so fake... Stacy promotes healthy snacks and eating yet, she fasts, diets, is an alcoholic and promotes to people to starve themselves fasting, gee how healthy. I could go on and on, but this group needs to go away, they are far from authentic, far from classy and just plain trash, sorry I do not mean to be so mean, and I am not, but that is what I see, Pride comes before the fall and GC is falling fast, so sad he is just in some evil groups of people, all the other friends of his seem to be mellow and not acting like fools... I just think a short film this trashy promoting sleeping with each others partners is too close to what they really do... and promotes to the public that that is ok... how irresponsible to say the least and childish and just gross.

GCfollower
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by GCfollower Sat 12 Jan 2013, 04:02

Stacy has made it into legendary status with Ben Weiss and Cindy and Rande, she plays it well, she has manipulated and strategized this thing so well that if you try to even meet GC or say something on FB Casamigos page, you get major attitude from CIndy and whomever is editing the FB page which is prob hands on Rande/GC. All of them have very much turned GC's image upside down because now he is just acting like a real jerk, hahah kinda thing, I am on a jet going all over and snapping pics etc., and that is so not him...until now. Ben really is on instagram and he says I love you to Stacy alot, strange...she really forced her way and may never leave... It sure looks like she will either force a baby or marriage and GC is just worn by this demon. I think she is highly dark spirited and an evil person, a wolf in sheeps clothing, gaining the world, selling her soul and destroying Clooney in the process. He did not see her coming, and I see her promoting his drinking and sexual escapades so he does get worn out and she can take over the empire... sorry but I see some serious yuck in his life and it is soooo soooo sad...he has such a nice family in Kentucky and he is never with them, probably due to Stacy sucking the life out of him. I am sad to see this, he always seems so sad yet giving and compassionate towards all and now he is stuck up and full of himself...

GCfollower
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 12 Jan 2013, 04:05

I guess you aren't going to be buying his tequila then?

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sat 12 Jan 2013, 04:11

GCfollower wrote:Stacy has made it into legendary status with Ben Weiss and Cindy and Rande, she plays it well, she has manipulated and strategized this thing so well that if you try to even meet GC or say something on FB Casamigos page, you get major attitude from CIndy and whomever is editing the FB page which is prob hands on Rande/GC. All of them have very much turned GC's image upside down because now he is just acting like a real jerk, hahah kinda thing, I am on a jet going all over and snapping pics etc., and that is so not him...until now. Ben really is on instagram and he says I love you to Stacy alot, strange...she really forced her way and may never leave... It sure looks like she will either force a baby or marriage and GC is just worn by this demon. I think she is highly dark spirited and an evil person, a wolf in sheeps clothing, gaining the world, selling her soul and destroying Clooney in the process. He did not see her coming, and I see her promoting his drinking and sexual escapades so he does get worn out and she can take over the empire... sorry but I see some serious yuck in his life and it is soooo soooo sad...he has such a nice family in Kentucky and he is never with them, probably due to Stacy sucking the life out of him. I am sad to see this, he always seems so sad yet giving and compassionate towards all and now he is stuck up and full of himself...

Actually you may be onto something because i and a lot of others have specifically said whenever they are together he looks work out and washed out but when he is alone he looks so much happier. She is most likely sucking him dry emotionally. that is very sad. that worries me for George's well-being even if he is too into the beauty of her to see it.

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 12 Jan 2013, 04:21

@OofOof....I think maybe we know WHY they ran short of the tequila already! I think a few COH posters may have been nipping at the bottle a little too much...hahahahahaha
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sat 12 Jan 2013, 04:27

Drink 2 Drink 3

Actually I am sober and had a very bad day. trying to unwind

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by GCfollower Sat 12 Jan 2013, 04:48

OofOof ouch...well I actually do not drink Tequila, but thanks! Not sure why you targeted me for saying the truth, but people will see, the darkness and fakeness of these people in GC's life and how it is turning his life upside down. The video was tacky, bad acting, poor humor and promoting bad messages to impressionable young people. I thought it was low grade and trashy, certainly not Classy at all as GC has always tried to come across, then again he had alcohol on the red carpet when he was with Elisabetta in his jacket pocket and he was wasted, so maybe he really does have serious drinking issues, just sayin...I wish him well but he has some things to get through apparently....called get the negative BS out of your life GC.

GCfollower
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Sat 12 Jan 2013, 05:22

playfuldeb wrote:If you were promoting alcohol by means of car accidents, nobody would buy your product.
But promoting it with hot and sexy actors is a green light. First time I saw it, I didnt really have a feeling except "strange". Then I watched it again and "got it". I think it's quirky and funny. Now, if they were all nekked in bed . . . maybe not so funny. But I got the impression that everyone just passed out in bed after a fun night at home with friends and nothing really happened but sleep. One point I got was to "stay at someone's home and drink, not drive".

Could understand your thoughts here but if that was how it was to look why is Cindy in a negligee and Stacy looking as if she was nude? If you passed out would you not be in what you had on at the time?

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 12 Jan 2013, 06:28

GCfollower wrote:if you try to even meet GC or say something on FB Casamigos page, you get major attitude from CIndy and whomever is editing the FB page which is prob hands on Rande/GC.
I'm sorry, did you really just say that you went to THEIR page, insulted them and are now surprised they didn't welcome you with open arms? Can you hear what you're saying?

Their social media (facebook, twitter etc) is run by a company called CA Creative. They've got a team to look after that side of things for them; George and Rande are way too busy (and George isn't even into social media).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 12 Jan 2013, 08:21

" darkness and fakeness on these people..." oh well,

Have you considered that there is 3 people who are just using his name big time - their own won´t do a thing?

Super model from 80´s-90´s. Mr. nobody who owns nightclubs what ever... ex-wrestler. What line of business they can do together? This for example. Anything to make little money while people still recall their names dimly.

Bad judgement from Clooney´s side. He should have just kept "friendship" as it is, not mix business and swings in to it... JMHO just not worth it.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:40

Info on the Gerber Group - the company behind Rande's endeavours. For a bit of background. Looks like Rande, whilst a founding partner of the company, is more the PR face than the brains as he doesn't hold an office within the group at least on their website. Or maybe he just doesn't advertise his position due to all the publicity that comes with a very famous wife. Also the napkins with quotes on them is also on the gerber Group site, not just the tequila site.

Scott Gerber CEO
Maria Teresa Ferrer Managing Partner / Director of Human Resources / Office Manager
Oliver Kroll MANAGING PARTNER / DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Noah Weinstein Managing Partner / Director of Special Events
Jeff Isaacson MANAGING PARTNER / DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Raphael Chejade-Bloom Managing Partner / Director of Marketing & Entertainment
Vincent Mauriello Managing Partner
Rob Goldstein DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & EVENTS - SOUTHEAST REGION

Rande and Scott Gerber founded Gerber Group in 1991. Scott now manages the company and its full portfolio of properties. The same year, the group opened its first property, The Whiskey, at the Paramount Hotel.

History
1991: Gerber Group opened its first venue, The Whiskey, at the Paramount Hotel in New York City. This property is credited with starting the boutique hotel category.

1992: The group continued its success, launching Morgans Bar at the Morgans Hotel in New York City. Expanding to the west coast, Gerber Group also opened The Whiskey Los Angeles at the Sunset Marquis Hotel, followed by the legendary Sky Bar at the Mondrian Hotel in Los Angeles.

1995: Moving beyond nightlife, Gerber Group was approached by Giorgio Armani to restructure and redesign his Armani Cafes, located in Boston, Costa Mesa, Los Angeles and San Francisco.

1996: Armani Café NYC opened.

1997: Whiskey Park opened upon Donald Trump tasking Gerber Group with infusing life into his Trump Parc building, located on Central Park South.

1998: A deal was signed with Starwood Hotels & Resorts as they were in the process of creating a distinctive new hotel brand — the now renowned W Hotels Worldwide. The alliance led to the rapid expansion of the Gerber Bars in W Hotels around the country and properties were opened at several W Hotels in New York including Lexington, The Court, The Tuscany, Times Square, and Union Square. Properties were also opened at W Hotels in Los Angeles, Boston, New Orleans, Mexico City and Chicago – at both the City Center and Lakeshore locations.

2001: The Whiskey opened in the Green Valley Ranch Resort in Las Vegas.

2004: Stone Rose Lounge opened in the Time Warner Center in New York.

2006: The second Stone Rose Lounge opened at the Sofitel Los Angeles. Other openings that year included Midnight Rose and The Penthouse in the historic Hotel Reina Victoria, now ME Madrid; The Beachhouse, Rose Bar and Maxim Beach, a partnership with Maxim magazine, all located at ME Cancun and Cherry, a nightclub at Red Rock Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.

2007: Forming a partnership with Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Gerber Group opened the third Stone Rose Lounge at the Fairmont Hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona.

2008: As a result of working with Noble Investment Group, Whiskey Park and Living Room opened at the W Midtown Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia.

2009: Gerber Group opened Whiskey Blue at the W Buckhead in Atlanta, Georgia; Whiskey Blue, Living Room and WET at the W Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Whiskey Blue, Living Room and Red2One at the W Santiago, Chile.

2010: Stone Rose Bar & Grill opened in the Delta Terminal of New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport.

2011: Lilium, a fresh reinterpretation of Gerber Group’s iconic principal property, The Whiskey, opened in the W Hotel – Union Square in New York City.

2012: THE LCL: Bar & Kitchen opened in the Westin New York Grand Central.

[/url]Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:46

A couple of articles

Nightclub Confidential High Profile Success that is Gerber Group
July 20, 2012By: Steve Lewis

Nightlife is often dependent on the vision of one or a few individuals. And the Gerber Group's beginnings can be traced back to one high profile person. Rande Gerber, a top male model, was the operator and face of The Whiskey at the Paramount Hotel in 1991. The Paramount is arguably one of the first boutique hotels and Whiskey was the hot spot to see and be seen. In 1998, Rande married top model Cindy Crawford and his brand recognition expanded exponentially.

Scott Gerber, at first an investor, came into run the Gerber Group with serious plans on expansion. The exported brand needed to transcend the individual without feeling like a franchise. It must carry the cache, style and vision of the founders without them physically being tied to the venue. Expansion requires systems and the hiring and training of managers and executives who can further the brand.

Noah Weinstein has been made managing partner / director of special events of Gerber Group. He joined them in 2004 and is now responsible for managing the company’s extensive calendar of celebrity, corporate and VIP-driven events. He oversees the brand’s overall marketing strategy, image development and cross-promotional opportunities. Nightclub Confidential sat down with Weinstein to get an in-depth look at the success of Gerber Group.

Nightclub Confidential (NCC): Gerber Group was the first trendy hospitality brand to roll out in multiple locations and often found in partnership with hotel. Today, Gerber Group has expanded to how many locations? And how are you as managing partner able to ensure quality control over so many venues?

Noah Weinstein: We have 22 venues globally. We've developed strong partnerships and those relationships often lead to new opportunities. When we begin a new project, we have a corporate opening team which oversees the build-out and hires and trains our new staff. We typically import experienced existing staff and property managers to help with this process. Those trainers stay in place until we're comfortable with the quality of the product we're offering our guests.

NCC: As a global company what stays the same and how does the Gerber Group cater or adjust to local conditions?

Weinstein: There's a general continuity in our venues. The points of service are identical or very similar. When we come into a market, we work diligently to absorb the local culture and weave it into the product our guests will eventually experience. This might be a region of the world, which would dictate so much of what we do or simply how people in a neighborhood prefer to drink and eat, meaning more or less casual, sharing what they order, etc. The most important thing is to understand and respect the local values. Pay attention to the locals or they won't be paying attention to you for long.

NCC: What can be said about Rande and Scott that hasn't been said?

Weinstein: Obviously, Scott and Rande are very smart, accomplished men and I respect them tremendously. What you don't know is how important family is to each of them. The importance placed on family carries over to how we run Gerber Group. They've shown me that being a titan of industry and a great father and husband are not mutually exclusive.

NCC: How did a nice guy like you end up in all these places? When you were in school did this industry have an appeal?

Weinstein: Did you just call me a nice guy, Steve? I studied Communication, Public Relations and History in college. As a student, I had little interest in hospitality and my career began by accident. Growing up in New York City, I returned home after graduation and doors opened, literally, when I went out at night. I began hosting small get togethers for friends who weren't as well connected, a relative term, as I was. I wanted my people to experience the VIP treatment as I had – skipping the long lines, getting a great table, free drinks or bottles, etc. I was fascinated by the combination of entertainment-like production and real hospitality - actually being hospitable to your guests. Lounges and clubs in the late nineties and early 2000s were much less homogeneous than today. I enjoyed bringing together people from all walks of life, sitting back and watching their interactions. In 2001, I was working in the clubs at night and at a boutique PR firm during the day. The owner of the PR firm was forced to layoff two employees. Instead of seeing a colleague lose their job, I walked in to the boss' office, told him I was quitting because I had another opportunity and co-founded Gotham Event Management with my best friend. We ran our events, marketing and promotions company for seven years before I joined Gerber Group.

NCC: Nowadays, some say, hospitality can be learned from books/courses. For a young guy, you're old school…what do you say?

Weinstein: Although I learned the business on the job, I think a formal education in hospitality can be valuable. However, I believe the best way to learn this business is to immerse yourself in it. There are so many talented, creative people in our industry. I've been fortunate to watch many of them do it right. People such as yourself (Steve Lewis), some of whom didn't necessarily know it, taught me invaluable lessons. I was also lucky to work for some of the best operators in New York City. Many of them are considered polarizing figures, but I think that is because they're passionate about what they do. I still have valued relationships with most of those people today. The one commonality between all these successful operators is they surrounded themselves with great talent. At Gerber Group, we have an incredible pool of talent. Whether it's our corporate staff or the ladies and gentlemen working our doors, everyone on our team is capable of great things.

NCC: Bottle service has taken over much of the business. You ran top bottle service spots before joining Gerber Group. How does this translate into your work at Gerber?

Weinstein: I do come from a bottle service background and I appreciate the economics involved. I've always said there are bottle buyers and bottle sellers. Today, I can afford to buy a few bottles but I'll always be a bottle seller. When I came to Gerber Group, I welcomed the notion that every guest is a VIP and shouldn't have to buy bottles to be treated as such. I'm very happy when a group takes a tables and drinks cocktails all night. I know they'll have a great time and will be back to see us again soon. While we do have venues where bottle service is popular, in those places we're accommodating the local culture and we tend not to enforce offensive minimums.

NCC: Music has increasingly become a worldwide common language, how do you program music and adjust on local levels?

Weinstein: I believe music is one of the most important aspects of the social experience we aim to create. While we've traditionally skewed rock and roll, we spend a good deal of time and effort focusing on what's next while not forgetting our past. Members of our team travel to major music festivals to help determine what works best for our brands. Our programming is tailored to each location: the music at Whiskey Blue in New Orleans is different from the music at Lilium in the W Union Square. That said, you're unlikely to hear a chart-topper in our bars but you will hear some music you know and some you're being exposed to for the first time. Additionally, it's not just the songs we play but the tempo and level that are important. A room that's too loud or too quiet can be uncomfortable or awkward.

We also have great relationships with talented DJs and music management companies. We host film premieres and exclusive private events where we secure top DJs, many of which I've become friends with over the years. Stone Rose Lounge in Time Warner Center is the Official Lounge of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. For this partnership, we program well-known DJs every night for a week each Spring and Fall.

NCC: Rooms with views (i.e. hotel rooftops) are becoming increasingly attractive. How do you look at this trend?

Weinstein: Rooftops are great if executed properly. A few years ago a rooftop in New York City virtually guaranteed success. Today, with much more competition, rooftop operators are forced to step up their game. Outdoor spaces have great potential but also present unique challenges relating to service, décor, and weather. An experienced rooftop operator will overcome these challenges and capitalize regardless of the weather.

We have our eye on truly unique rooftop opportunities here in New York. In the meantime, we have spectacular rooftop and outdoor spaces around the world: Whiskey Park NY's outdoor café on Central Park South, WET in Fort Lauderdale, Whiskey Blue in Atlanta, Whiskey Bar & Grill in Chicago and Red2One in Santiago are just a few.

NCC: How global are your systems? Can a bartender or waitron move from one place to another and be fairly familiar with the way things are done?

Weinstein: Our systems are indeed global. In fact, our managers and staff often relocate to another city and continue to work for us. It's great be able to reward our loyal team members with new opportunities and support them when their lives take them to different places where we operate.

NCC: What are the next hot cities or what cities are becoming super-hot?

Weinstein: We've operated in some of the hottest cities in the world. We're very careful to ensure each opportunity is a good match for our team and our brands. We're more concerned with longevity than trends.

LINK

An Interview with Scott Gerber, Principal, Gerber Group

Editors’ Note
Scott Gerber began his career in the bar business in 1991 as a partner in The Whiskey at the Paramount Hotel, which later became the company’s signature brand. Gerber formed a partnership with Starwood Hotels & Resorts to develop the W brand, which now features Gerber Group venues throughout the U.S. and in select properties internationally. Prior to founding the company, Gerber was a principal at the real estate firm, Peter R. Friedman Ltd. Gerber has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Crain’s New York Business, among others. He holds a B.S. in Finance and Real Estate from the University of Arizona.

Company Brief
Gerber Group encompasses 23 iconic venues internationally under such brands as Whiskey Park, Whiskey Blue, Living Room, and Stone Rose Lounge. Rande Gerber founded Gerber Group in 1991, in which his brother Scott Gerber was one of the original investors. Today, Scott Gerber manages the company and its full portfolio of properties. Gerber Group ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is positioned to continue its significant growth in the U.S., Europe, and South America as the preferred partner to Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Host Hotels & Resorts, Accor, W Hotels® Worldwide, Sofitel Luxury Hotels, Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Related Companies, and Noble Investment Group.

What is it that differentiates Gerber Group?

In an industry that can be extremely fickle, we have managed to create longevity over the past 20 years for our brands by rebuffing the tendency to create the new “it” bar. Instead, we concentrate on creating a consistent feel while adapting to local demographics worldwide. We have also built great relationships with our hotel partners. We’ve been involved with Starwood Hotels & Resorts for 12 years. The partnership is widely credited for changing the landscape of the nightlife industry by creating unique, innovative venues that have redefined ‘hotel bar.’ The alliance led to the rapid expansion of the Gerber Bars in W Hotels around the country. It’s not always the easiest business to partner in because there are many risks; however, due to the fact that our bars are so profitable, they’ve become an important part of the hotel business model by helping to increase food and beverage revenue, as well as occupancy rates.

Whiskey Blue, New York

How do you keep your venues relevant?

We do not create trendy bars, but bars that are on trend. Longevity is generated by cultivating a consistent feel through great service, music selection, and overall ambiance. Mostly, we make sure the music is always current and interesting – this does not mean top 40. The executive team relentlessly travels to the top music festivals around the country researching music culture. We try to offer what’s next to keep the customers wanting more with everything from DJ’s to live bands, producing a multilayered performance experience. We also hire great staff and keep them engaged to ensure passion for their work and quality interaction with guests. Our liquor tastes the same as everyone else’s; it’s the staff that keeps customers coming back for a consistently enjoyable experience.

In an industry that typically sees significant staff turnover, how do you find and engage that talent you need?

Lilium interior, New York

We have 700 people who work for us, but we treat them like family – if someone has a problem, we’re compassionate about it. We have had staff with family out of the country and they can’t necessarily go see them, so we’ll pick up the tab to have them fly there. Then they really watch out for you.

We give people opportunities to transfer if we’re opening a new bar – employees are going to Paris to train and we have a place in Santiago, Chile so they can go there as well.

Also, when you have Gerber Group on your resume and you want to move on, it’s a good calling card.

Do you see opportunities for the group internationally?

By happenstance, we recently consulted on a deal with Barry Sternlicht (Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Starwood Capital Group) in Paris, but we’re also looking at Panama City. In addition to recently reopening Lilium, we will be opening more properties in New York, and potentially San Diego, Boston, and Washington, D.C. Both nationally and internationally, the hotels typically approach us and we evaluate each opportunity.

Stone Rose Lounge sitting area, Los Angeles

Is it a challenge to make your venues approachable while retaining their allure?

When we first started in the business, because of our partnership with Ian Schrager, there was that velvet rope culture. Our attitude changed quickly – we embrace people. We want to bring everyone in; we don’t want our places to be intimidating. They can be at times, but hopefully it’s not because of the attitude we’re putting forth.

Do you lean one way or the other on stand-alone properties versus hotels?

We lean towards hotels because we have established great partnerships with them. Hotel customers spend the majority of their time in the places that serve food and drinks; therefore, we are an amenity to the guests. Our business from Sunday through Wednesday – when many bars are closed – is significant because hotel traffic drives a steady stream of customers. We have looked at freestanding deals, but we get along well with our GMs and act as a seamless department of the hotel even though we are a third-party operator.

Was the opening of Lilium successful and what is your outlook for the venue?

Yes, the opening of Lilium has been very successful. We are attracting a younger, hipper clientele, due in large part to the downtown location on Park Avenue South, which draws a more eclectic crowd (artists, musicians, models, etc.). It’s more of a “club” than most of our other properties and features notable and up-and-coming DJ’s throughout the week. While not designed as a dance club, the sexy, dark, brooding vibe of the space keeps people moving. Combined with the renovation of the hotel and restaurant, I’m sure the business will continue to grow.

Where will the business be five years from now?

There will be a lot more venues added to our portfolio in the next five years, and as our brands continue to evolve, we want to make sure each endeavor uniquely represents who we are. We have the ability to open 10 venues a year if they’re scheduled properly. I would like to continue to expand with my current partners; there is a lot of opportunity because they get what we do and continue to leverage our talents and expertise in food and beverage. Ultimately, they let us do what we do best.•

Link

An Interview with Gerber Group’s Mystery Man, Scott Gerber

A few years back, when I was a partner in SLDesign, I had the pleasure of working with Scott and Rande Gerber, who hired us to work on their rooftop at the W Hotel Buckhead. Rande Gerber is, of course, that former ex-model who is married to Cindy Crawford and is the face of such brands as the Whiskey, Whiskey Blue, Whiskey Sky, Whiskey Park, Whiskey Bar and Grill, Wetbar, Underbar...you get the idea. He also heads up those Stone Rose joints. With somewhere near 30 properties worldwide, Gerber Group is one of the world’s top hospitality brands.

The Gerber group just opened three new venues in the new W Santiago and a Stone Rose Bar and Grill at the JFK Delta terminal. They also offer the midnight bar collection, which is a complete line of seven essential cocktail mixers "made with all the finest all natural ingredients." With all these amazing achievements and projected developments, Rande Gerber and the Gerber group are household names. However, my Chihuahua has almost as much name recognition as Rande's brother and partner Scott Gerber.

A google search of his name took me to a ton of Rande links. But Scott Gerber is responsible for directing all of the business operations, including new business development, negotiating partnerships, liaison with property owners, overseeing management and coordinating construction of the properties. He is a gentleman and a scholar with a BS in finance from the University of Arizona. I caught up with Scott yesterday and shot him a couple of questions. He's a very busy guy.

I googled you and found practically nothing. It basically just refers people to your brother Rande or the Gerber group. Why do you prefer being in the background? It’s much safer that way. [Laughs]. I run the business end of the business. Rande is more involved with the design and aesthetic.

W e all know that Rande is much more than just a pretty face. Is there a clear separation of duties? Yes, there's a clear delineation. Rande wouldn’t get involved with the day-to-day operations.

How many places are you operating and how many more are in the works? We operate 30 properties and we’re having conversations about 10 more. Probably we'll start up 5 of these this year.

This JFK Stone Rose Bar and Grill fascinates me. Nowhere in my experience is food and service worse than at an airport. I guess that’s changing. Tell me about your synergy with Delta.
Our midnight bar collection is being served on Delta flights. Instead of just getting a little bottle and a mixer we make margaritas and cosmos. We teamed with Delta on this and it’s an in-flight revolution. I travel every other week and I know what has been available to a traveler. Were often waiting for a plane for one, two or even five hours. At Stone Rose we have a full bar and menu so you have a relaxed and stylish spot while you are waiting. Our menu gives you a great sandwich or steak and a variety of bites like buffalo mozzarella salad, buffalo wings. Much more than the typical traveling fare.

I guess with increased security we are all forced to spend more time in the airports waiting. Did that extra time factor into your decision to open an airport location?
Of course. Travelers are told to be there two hours before their flight. Everyone comes at least one hour early. We wanted to provide something besides the cheesy places that are currently the norm. You can now get a great drink and food while you wait for your plane. Delta asked us to get involved as they try to take their brand more upscale. They even have David Barton exercise facilities at their terminal at JFK.

As hospitality drives the major hotel chains, the Gerber group is the big kid on the block. The Stone Rose in JFK raises the bar and creates a whole new market for food and beverage brands. I’m sure that very soon other hospitality groups will get into the act. Will it be long before we see Pure at the Las Vegas airport? Or Tao, LAX? How about La Esquina, LaGuardia?
Customers want things the way they want them, and that means everywhere. They want Whole Foods not Met Foods. They want high end design and style in their boutique hotel, not just in the room, but in the clubs and restaurants that bring the beautiful locals to them. Luxury, boutique brands, with increasingly enhanced amenities, will be available to them wherever they go. Thank god I have a place to hang and eat at JFK. The Delta brand means something more to me today than it did the last time I traveled. What a great idea. If I ever find myself in Santiago, Chile, maybe visiting my friend Lindsey Risk, I’ll stay at The W and visit the Gerber Group’s Whiskey Blue, W Lounge and Red 2 One. I know I can expect high design, great service and an understanding of my needs.
[url=http://www.blackbookmag.com/good-night-mr-lewis-1.109/an-interview-with-gerber-group-8217-s-mystery-man-scott-gerber-1.38454]link
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Sat 12 Jan 2013, 14:10

It's getting too complicated. Just a note: if Stacy was so "good", it would be somewhere else right now.
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 12 Jan 2013, 14:32

Fascinating, Watching. Thank you!

The Delta terminal at JFK is brilliant - if only everywhere was like that. They really know a thing or two about customer satisfaction

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 12 Jan 2013, 17:00

Henway wrote:Could understand your thoughts here but if that was how it was to look why is Cindy in a negligee and Stacy looking as if she was nude? If you passed out would you not be in what you had on at the time?

Good point Hen. And I'm trying not to think of Stacy sitting around nude drinking while everybody else at least had some clothes on! Or maybe she was trying out for a Playboy spread. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 12 Jan 2013, 17:19

Thanks Watching! Very interesting.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 12 Jan 2013, 18:48

Thanks watching, clarifying.

It´s so funny how these bar/restaurant/nightclub owners always appear to find "new concept" how to " satisfy customers". Uniq way to experience how to drink, eat and maybe socialize in "well designed" athmosphere.
In reality places like that all look the same (bangkok, paris, new york, copenhagen, cap verde...) and no I don´t think spring rolls and mozzarella is so revolutionary Razz

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:31

What I found the most interesting about Watching's post on the Gerber Group (thank you watching!) is the fact that Rande has very little to do with the business. He is simply the face, which fits with my view of him, which I admit isn't very positive. He's all image and appearance and marrying a super model and hanging with a mega star like George has obviously helped his "brand name" recognition. Even with the first bar, it was his brother who provided the money and business acumen.

I feel terrible saying something negative about someone I don't know, but the guy seems like a huge opportunist.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:41

Well, we don't know how much he has to do with the business i e shares he has in the business, how many board meetings he attends.

But I would guess as it's a family business he's pretty involved in
ways we have no idea about.

The likeness between brothers is uncanny, isn't it?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:43

Ohn and he has a degree in marketing, rather than finance

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:52

Sorry to say I still think the guy is a player and opportunist and based on what his brother says above, it seems clear that while he's the face of the biz, he is not involved with running it. His brother sounds like he got the brains and Rande (with an E as Lorna likes to say Very Happy ) got the face.

And, that face looks like it's full of fillers. The reason George looks so much older than Rande, in addition to the fact he suffered the injury while filming syriana, is that Rande is probably dying his hair and taking either HGS or roids for more definition.

I know guys, I'm starting to sound like the IMDB nut jobs about Rande but he just rubs me the wrong way! Guess I'll remember what my Mom told me and if I cant say something nice about the guy, say nothing at all!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 12 Jan 2013, 23:06

I know what you are saying about Rande, there is something that I feel is not right with him. He does seem to be envious of George.

OofOof
Rande but he just rubs me the wrong way
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 13 Jan 2013, 06:50

OofOof wrote:And, that face looks like it's full of fillers. The reason George looks so much older than Rande, in addition to the fact he suffered the injury while filming syriana, is that Rande is probably dying his hair and taking either HGS or roids for more definition.
I think George looks good for his age. Rande is definitely dyeing his hair - he's 50 already so there's no way he's not naturally grey. He was born April 27, 1962.

Hair colour does make a difference but there's not much George can do about it now. He's famous for being grey so if he suddenly hits the hair dye now, I think there'd be a lot of negative comments.

What looks great at 30 (and grey hair at 30 is stunning because of the contrast between 'old' hair but a young face) is not so special at 50. What to do?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 13 Jan 2013, 07:25

I actually like his hair grey. I think when he's wasted or tired, his age shows more, not to mention hanging around people who are 20 years younger! What to do? Maybe get some sleep, drink a little bit less and hang with the friends who've stood by him for years, rather than those who seem to be with him for other reasons.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 13 Jan 2013, 07:55

cindigirl wrote:
Henway wrote:Could understand your thoughts here but if that was how it was to look why is Cindy in a negligee and Stacy looking as if she was nude? If you passed out would you not be in what you had on at the time?

Good point Hen. And I'm trying not to think of Stacy sitting around nude drinking while everybody else at least had some clothes on! Or maybe she was trying out for a Playboy spread. LOL

Not to mention the same room is used for all three scenes. If it were Cindy & Rande's room (as per first scenario of Rande finding G in his bed with his wife), why was G walking into the room in the second scenario as if it was his bedroom to find the women?
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 13 Jan 2013, 07:59

watching wrote:Not to mention the same room is used for all three scenes. If it were Cindy & Rande's room (as per first scenario of Rande finding G in his bed with his wife), why was G walking into the room in the second scenario as if it was his bedroom to find the women?
LOL! I think we're not meant to notice that. As I said before, it's just an advert and doesn't stand up to much rigorous questioning!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 13 Jan 2013, 08:02

OofOof wrote:His brother sounds like he got the brains and Rande (with an E as Lorna likes to say Very Happy ) got the face.

And, that face looks like it's full of fillers. The reason George looks so much older than Rande, in addition to the fact he suffered the injury while filming syriana, is that Rande is probably dying his hair and taking either HGS or roids for more definition.

If you look at the link to the interview with the brother in that post with the articles, there is a pic of the brother and the facial structure between him and Rande is the same. Not saying Rande hasn't done his share of fillers / botox though. But he was given a head start being genetically blessed with strong and classically handsome features.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 13 Jan 2013, 08:08

Have to admit I didn't look at the link--find Rande to be such a vacuous and uninteresting person, it was all I could do to read the articles that Watching provided for us.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 13 Jan 2013, 08:13

"OofOof
Rande but he just rubs me the wrong way" I am with you on this one.
I have met less than 10 male models all together in my life and unfortunately they all sounded like they have been lobotomized.

Whatever. This connection is maga turn off for me.

What follows is that I am starting to question coming projects. All this doesn´t sit well with demanding tasks like MM. Guy who likes to spend so much time with these people and then go on and do something which requires understanding and knowledge...it is just no beliavable.

Haven´t read the book MM, just know the subject of it and I am having serious doubts.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 13 Jan 2013, 08:16

Katiedot wrote:
watching wrote:Not to mention the same room is used for all three scenes. If it were Cindy & Rande's room (as per first scenario of Rande finding G in his bed with his wife), why was G walking into the room in the second scenario as if it was his bedroom to find the women?
LOL! I think we're not meant to notice that. As I said before, it's just an advert and doesn't stand up to much rigorous questioning!

For a guy so detailed and exacting when directing a film, he really didn't seem to think this one through when making it.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 13 Jan 2013, 08:24

Best in Category wrote:"OofOof
Rande but he just rubs me the wrong way" I am with you on this one.
I have met less than 10 male models all together in my life and unfortunately they all sounded like they have been lobotomized.

Whatever. This connection is maga turn off for me.

What follows is that I am starting to question coming projects. All this doesn´t sit well with demanding tasks like MM. Guy who likes to spend so much time with these people and then go on and do something which requires understanding and knowledge...it is just no beliavable.

Haven´t read the book MM, just know the subject of it and I am having serious doubts.

Best, I'm starting the think that Grant is the detail oriented and exacting one who keeps G on task. Grant is involved in his producing company and the company makes and is involved in quality product.

George decides to make tequila and then in his wisdom, to create and direct the commercial and it turns out nowhere near his usual standard.

Maybe Rande encourages him to do this type of thing, maybe it is all George's idea and he was admanant.

Or Grant is the one who keeps him on an even keel and can rein him when he gets too celeb-y and self indulgent.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 13 Jan 2013, 08:28

Suspect George is an expert compartmentalizer (is that a word?). He is a dichotomy. He surrounds himself with really smart people in one area of his life, and then seems to enjoy hanging with people who seem less intellectually stimulating, if you know what i mean. The fact he hangs with Rande and the women he chooses for relationships does give me pause, I must admit. But then I read some of those tweets from regular people talking about how he's the most decent celeb they've ever met. I guess he's like all of us. He's not perfect.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 13 Jan 2013, 08:59

Yeah I know what you mean. And some people have the opposite, obsession to hang with overspecialized people like themselves. Nearly asking you if you have Ph.D. before they condenscend to talk with you. And usually their spouses are the same.

Talking about less decent celebs. My friend sent me this some time ago:

Sean Penn Undergoes Asshole Surgery

Los Angeles, CA – Sean Penn has announced that he has undergone surgery to receive a larger asshole.

“I just felt like I had outgrown my old one,” Penn told reporters. “It was holding me back. I have more antagonistic, disgusting Hollywood arrogance inside me, but I just couldn’t express it properly. With my new expanded asshole, I will finally be able to do myself justice.”

The surgery, which took only an hour, is the first of its kind, although judging from the buzz in Hollywood, will likely not be the last. Celebrities from Michael Moore James Cameron to Madonna have expressed interest in the procedure. Interestingly, as excited as Hollywood gets about new surgeries, they have yet to rally behind another new procedure that promises to enlarge the brain.

“We kind of prefer not to know how the real world works,” an anonymous celebrity confessed. “That allows us to spend our time championing pathetic causes and being progressive and unrealistic, while still feeling relevant.”

Penn’s doctor was impressed by the simplicity of the surgery. “I think Penn was the perfect candidate for the procedure’s debut,” he said. “My work was made easy by the raw material already there.”

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 13 Jan 2013, 09:27

OofOof wrote:Suspect George is an expert compartmentalizer (is that a word?). He is a dichotomy. He surrounds himself with really smart people in one area of his life, and then seems to enjoy hanging with people who seem less intellectually stimulating, if you know what i mean. The fact he hangs with Rande and the women he chooses for relationships does give me pause, I must admit. But then I read some of those tweets from regular people talking about how he's the most decent celeb they've ever met. I guess he's like all of us. He's not perfect.
True, he's not perfect.

Also, I'm not sure that it's really a dichotomy in his life. We all have different personalities, depending on the situation, how we're feeling and who we're with. How many of us revert to a 7-year old child within minutes of coming home to the parents' place for Christmas? How many of us can be a capable grown up adult when being the first on the scene to a car accident but fall to pieces if we see a spider in the bathtub? How many of us would go to great lengths to avoid physical violence but would fight like a tiger if anyone tried to harm your child?

There's no reason at all why smart, humanistic, caring George can't also enjoy reality TV and, for that matter, the company of reality TV celebrities.

Don't forget, he actually knows these people and what they're really like. We're only going on public appearances.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 13 Jan 2013, 14:42

Best in Category wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. And some people have the opposite, obsession to hang with overspecialized people like themselves. Nearly asking you if you have Ph.D. before they condenscend to talk with you. And usually their spouses are the same.

Talking about less decent celebs. My friend sent me this some time ago:

Sean Penn Undergoes Asshole Surgery

Los Angeles, CA – Sean Penn has announced that he has undergone surgery to receive a larger asshole.

“I just felt like I had outgrown my old one,” Penn told reporters. “It was holding me back. I have more antagonistic, disgusting Hollywood arrogance inside me, but I just couldn’t express it properly. With my new expanded asshole, I will finally be able to do myself justice.”

The surgery, which took only an hour, is the first of its kind, although judging from the buzz in Hollywood, will likely not be the last. Celebrities from Michael Moore James Cameron to Madonna have expressed interest in the procedure. Interestingly, as excited as Hollywood gets about new surgeries, they have yet to rally behind another new procedure that promises to enlarge the brain.

“We kind of prefer not to know how the real world works,” an anonymous celebrity confessed. “That allows us to spend our time championing pathetic causes and being progressive and unrealistic, while still feeling relevant.”

Penn’s doctor was impressed by the simplicity of the surgery. “I think Penn was the perfect candidate for the procedure’s debut,” he said. “My work was made easy by the raw material already there.”

Have to agree, perfect candidate for an asshole widening procedure. You could add Jeremy Piven to the short list of celebs who would also be candidates. Only difference with Piven is that he doesn't feign interest in anything but himself so I have less disdain for him than Sean Penn the "humanitarian".
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 13 Jan 2013, 16:47

watching wrote:
Katiedot wrote:

For a guy so detailed and exacting when directing a film, he really didn't seem to think this one through when making it.
Tsk,tsk,tsk... Didn't you guys see the sign on the door? "Swinger's Room"
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 13 Jan 2013, 16:56

The more I think about it I kind of think he was going for a

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice kind of movie.....should have had all four of them in bed together....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sun 13 Jan 2013, 17:32

Or Grant is the one who keeps him on an even keel and can rein him when he gets too celeb-y and self indulgent. [/quote]

Self-indulgent. That's it, that's the word I've been looking for since I saw the ad. Thank you, Watching. I think George tends to be smug and self-indulgent at times, and this is a perfect example. Makes me want to NOT want to buy the tequila.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynisca Sun 13 Jan 2013, 20:35

Some priceless opinions above: especially LornaDoone, watching, premiere, & most others who find this inappropriate.

He's "borrowed" from incidental realism advertising of Nespresso & the Norwegian ads, which use him (the brand/ actor) George Clooney as the focus of their scenarios.

Why it's a fail, IMO:
* inappropriate age group to be getting so trashed on Tequila, you pass out with anyone. Not in mid 40s & early 50s.
* corny
* puerile
* if promoting a new quality, boutique Tequila brand, this ad gives it sleazy, toxic cheap innuendo.
* reeks of desperation to push through shock element.
* unbalanced; Crawford & Gerber are husband & wife for years. Clooney elevates status of current girlfriend to same level? He's a real life parody.

On a positive note, soft camera lens & dim lighting camouflage....
Cindy Crawford looks great. No wonder she became a supermodel.
She looks younger & sexier than Clooney's girlfriend Stacey Keibler.

Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 13 Jan 2013, 20:58

Great comments Cynisca. Have to say, based on your comments and others that I suspect he isn't marketing his tequila to the demographic on this blog Very Happy

Think they're shooting for the 20 somethings up to mid 30's. Problem for them is that their tequila is probably going to be priced for the demographics represented on this blog. If nothing else, Rande has enough clubs to sell the stuff on a regular basis.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next