George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

+49
Saveria
mel01
monaco
HRC2016
premiere
Duffy
Way2Old4Dis
George Fan
amaretti
laetval
fluffy
janieb
waewaewae
Barbara Garabedian
m4rose
FuturoST
theminis
Missa
blubelle
madsky
pattygirl
Henway
rmrmmm
Picachu
Bidbod
cindigirl
very vera
Dior
phys major
LornaDoone
lucy
Mazy
Maggy
Lakin460
Lighterside
lelacorb
Atalante
fava
Joanna
party animal - not!
annemarie
it's me
Best in Category
silly girl
LyndaGirl
NotAvailable
OofOof
watching
Katiedot
53 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos Empty George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos tequila

Last Updated: 12:52 AM, January 9, 2013

Amigos George Clooney and Rande Gerber will star with their main squeezes, Stacy Keibler and Cindy Crawford, in a short film to launch tequila brand Casamigos.

The one-minute flick, we hear, titled “It Could Happen, Please Drink Responsibly,” was directed by Clooney and his “Argo” producing partner Grant Heslov.

The starry mini-movie was even shot on location at one of Clooney’s homes, and sources say it’s “loosely based on a true story,” which involves the stars hopping into bed in various odd couplings.

Clooney and Gerber were spotted in Dallas on Monday night at a margarita mecca called the Iron Cactus as part of a national tour they’re on to meet with spirits executives.

Gerber’s also about to nationally launch Caliche Rum with Puerto Rican distiller Roberto Serralles. Clooney — unveiled yesterday as a presenter at Sunday’s Golden Globe Awards — and Gerber are said to have been privately creating their own house tequila for years with a master distiller after they both built homes in Mexico. Upon perfecting the potion, the pair decided to make it available for the masses.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

Post by watching Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:15

No. Just no. If that is serious, I will be done once and for all.

Sidenote - NY Post has had a lot of articles about them in recent days.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:16

“loosely based on a true story,” which involves the stars hopping into bed in various odd couplings.
Do they even think about how this is going to sound???????!

watching wrote:Sidenote - NY Post has had a lot of articles about them in recent days.
That's what happens when you're a friend of the Gerber's and needing publicity.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:26

"The starry mini-movie was even shot on location at one of Clooney’s homes, and sources say it’s “loosely based on a true story,” which involves the stars hopping into bed in various odd couplings."

Good god, Rande is going to ruin George's reputation. Maybe this is normal for George but this just seems beneath him.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:29

I'm guessing it will be a "story" of the guys getting drunk together then falling into the wrong bed as they are vacationing together. And the end of the film would be them realising the next morning they are in the wrong bed but the sell point is that if you drink their tequila, you too could wake up with Cindy Crawford or Stacy Keibler in your bed.

Fucking hell - it all seems so very self-indulgent and smug.

Last edited by watching on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:31; edited 1 time in total
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:30

Yes well, on your own thread about Stan's info on publicity, it says that the agencies have a LOT of control over what gets printed, especially about his client. That the publicist sends out the "wild" stories to create publicity. It seems right on cue to me, as its about time to start ramping up the publicity in the nastiest ways to get them back in the saddle of the paps. Then all Stan has to do later is deny it.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaGirl Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:34

Hope this does not happen. If so, George has lost his ever-lovin' mind! Rolling Eyes Mad
LyndaGirl
LyndaGirl
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:34

If it is the case, Stacy is clearly going to be around for all of 2013.

This is one I want Gossip Cop to deny in the next 24 hours.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:41

This is what happens when I don't sleep. I get up and come online....if true I will be very disappointed. I guess he thought it will be like those bank commercials---funny. Sad

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:42

watching wrote:If it is the case, Stacy is clearly going to be around for all of 2013.
Sad to say I agree with you here. If it's true (and I have every finger crossed that it's not) then she's a long-term fixture.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:47

Frankly, the whole thing seems to be orchestrated by Rande. I just don't get why he's so close to someone who is so consumed with fame. His other old friends seem so nice. Rande looks like a "player" and in some of those pics above, he reminds me of my old next door neighbor who used to drink all day long--his face was perennially red. Yuck.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:52

Katiedot wrote:
watching wrote:If it is the case, Stacy is clearly going to be around for all of 2013.
Sad to say I agree with you here. If it's true (and I have every finger crossed that it's not) then she's a long-term fixture.

If they are trying to get a distribution deal now, they would be aiming for a late spring / summer release. And if she is part of the promotion, he isn’t going to split with her whilst he is using her image to help sell his booze. And he wouldn’t have involved her if he wasn’t certain that he wanted to keep her around whilst he is selling the booze and trying to get it out into the marketplace which could easily takes months if not years to get a foothold in.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 09 Jan 2013, 08:42

Well, why change? That would be extra work and hassle for everyone.

In a meanwhile

She looks nearly her best now. With couple of adjustments and Voilà!

Could lose some weight still. And stop using hair extensions. Hair color is tricky, because she is not blond and dark hair ages her. Some lighter shade of natural color, but without the skunk stripes around the face “for the highlighting effect). Professionals can help.

It requires both personality and looks to be able to look sexy in a classy dress. So she should pick a little daring but simple gown in that respect.(simple because all the extras make her look bigger, sexy because otherwise she looks just boring). Business like, classy, minimalist. Less make-up. Less tanning. Lower heels. He looks short beside her.

If I was her I would get a treatment to get rid of the wrinkles. Just anything to make her look fresh. And I would establish a style or particular way I dress.

If I was him (G) I would not allow her to speak any of those awards and ceremonies. Simply too embarrassing.

So that is my recipe suggestion for the day. sunny

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 08:54

watching wrote:And if she is part of the promotion, he isn’t going to split with her whilst he is using her image to help sell his booze. And he wouldn’t have involved her if he wasn’t certain that he wanted to keep her around whilst he is selling the booze and trying to get it out into the marketplace which could easily takes months if not years to get a foothold in.
Yeah Right
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 09 Jan 2013, 09:10

Reasonable yes and no.

Timberlake has his own tequila and not "married to the promotions for it".
Man decides how it goes - right.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 09 Jan 2013, 09:45

silent
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:06

OofOof wrote:Frankly, the whole thing seems to be orchestrated by Rande.

It may have been Rande's original idea but G has chosen to go along with it. His image is being used. His name is on the product. He would have invested funds in the product. If G wanted out but didn't want to hurt Rande's feelings, he could have used the excuse that one of his many business managers, lawyers, PR people and/or his agent as an excuse. That it wouldn't be good for his image. That is doesn't work with Brand Clooney. If he wanted out, he would have had a number of people he could have used to deflect that he wasn't into it and that he didn't think it was a stellar idea. Hell he could have used Nespresso as the excuse of him being signed to an exclusive beverage deal with them so he was forbidden contractually from being part of any other beverage endorsement. Unless he reads G's contracts, Rande wouldn't know otherwise.

The people of G's payroll are there to protect him so if he had said to anyone "I need an out here without ruining my decade long friendship", it would have been crafted for him in a heartbeat. Didn't happen so he must be on board. They have been building this since they built the Cabo homes. How long has that been?

He is on the road with him trying to sell it. His choice. Let's hope the tequila loving public is willing to purchase it. Because they can't just be trading on George's fame on this as that never works for booze. Might get interest in the first place but if the product is crap, it will die and then only be served in Rande's bars, Italy (George as their adopted son) and a couple of random countries wanting to claim exclusive rights to something created by a celebrity.

How many celeb created booze products last more than a year or two on the open market in the States or other 1st world countries? How many actually turn a profit?

OofOof wrote:
I just don't get why he's so close to someone who is so consumed with fame.

Unlike his choice in girlfriends....
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:13

George is not a stupid man , he obviously feels it is a good product and they have been working on it for years. Rande seems to be a good business man so they are working together on this. I wish them good luck on this venture , there are so many brands out there .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:50

I've been thinking about this some more.

Looking on the positive side, I'm not sure that this is being done for the money. I've no idea what the profitability (if any) of such a venture is and even if it does net them $$$$ I have faith in George that'll he'll put it to good use - not just private jets and parties in Vegas.

I rather think it's something that's come about organically - they've enjoyed drinking it and thought it would be cool to share with the world. Rande has had success (I assume) with his rum launch so they decided to go ahead. After that, the (Gerber inspired) marketing has just kind of rushed ahead.

Does that seem feasible?

As for the supposed promo with Stacy and co, well, I've got no explanation for that, but will wait to see it before I totally condemn it. Maybe it'll turn out to be funny and not smug a la Oceans 12 (aka Oceans-come-and-watch-us-have-a-great-holiday-14)?

Pink glasses? Straw clutching?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:01

Mm. Wonder if they're in touch with the DNB creative team. Or more along the lines of the Modern Family spoof?

If it turns out to be an ad, that's. quite a lot of expensive air time.

Do we know if there's a similar promotion for Caliche Rum?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:16

Yes, if it were done as seemingly promoted, it would be pure sleaze. He does hang with sleaze tho, and thats been something that bothers me a bit. He is also an alcoholic. Can't live without the stuff. maybe for a short time but its in his blood. Like my father and his before him. I understand alcoholics, but don't like it one bit. I really don't like the sleaze that seems to permeate his life either.

But I love many of his films and approve of his humanitarian efforts. He seems like a good man in most ways, but not real sure about how good he is as a man for a woman. Lover maybe, but you know, no woman can last long with someone who doesn't really care about her.

George Clooney, big star, Hollywood Icon, famed for his many lovers as a womanizer, does humanitarian deeds, drinks too much, lets sleaze cling to him. There is something missing here. But what is so missing in his life that he doesn't seem to care too much how his life and how his reputation is effected by sleazy activities???
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:25

Katie, do we have this?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:26

Hope it works! Many thanks to Frenchiesfans.canalblog

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:32

Promo with these people... would you be interested in it if George was not in it? But just 3 of them. Seriously.

Caliche sounds like cliché... just saying

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 12:02

party animal - not! wrote:Katie, do we have this?

Yep, in the Miami thread. Thanks!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 09 Jan 2013, 12:04

Joanie...are you saying George is an alcoholic ??
I don't think he is .
He jokes a lot about drinking now and usually that means he's not.
I'd imagine since his terrible injury and health scare a few years ago he's cut down a lot.
But alcoholic ? No way !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 12:12

Some posters think he is alcoholic, some don't. Happy to start a new thread (or you can if you like) if people want a discussion about it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 09 Jan 2013, 13:10

Wow, he is really going all in on this tequila. Gotta say I am surprised.

Best in Category wrote:

Could lose some weight still. And stop using hair extensions. Hair color is tricky, because she is not blond and dark hair ages her. Some lighter shade of natural color, but without the skunk stripes around the face “for the highlighting effect). Professionals can help.

It requires both personality and looks to be able to look sexy in a classy dress. So she should pick a little daring but simple gown in that respect.(simple because all the extras make her look bigger, sexy because otherwise she looks just boring). Business like, classy, minimalist. Less make-up. Less tanning. Lower heels. He looks short beside her.

If I was her I would get a treatment to get rid of the wrinkles. Just anything to make her look fresh. And I would establish a style or particular way I dress.

I don't believe she needs to lose weight-- too thin already. As for the other "improvements" she should do what she wants--not to keep him or please anyone else.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 09 Jan 2013, 13:14

I have a feeling it is true. Lara Spencer just talked about it and she is a friend of his. No denials so far. Should be interesting to see what he says on the red carpet at the GG.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 09 Jan 2013, 13:44

I wanna read a comment of a tequila connaisseur ! Wiki Link I'm still looking for one ! Basketball
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 09 Jan 2013, 14:03

OofOof wrote:"The starry mini-movie was even shot on location at one of Clooney’s homes, and sources say it’s “loosely based on a true story,” which involves the stars hopping into bed in various odd couplings."

Good god, Rande is going to ruin George's reputation. Maybe this is normal for George but this just seems beneath him.

What does true story? Stacy fucks with Rande andGeorge with Cindy? Someone had thought it could happen! Let me say that I find all this in bad taste. George is falling down!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 09 Jan 2013, 14:21

Rande is a very successful business man who started out as a male model and has turned his investments into a multimillion dollar franchise. And his own rum brand has done well enough to go national already after just a short time on the market.

I think George could have done a lot worse with investing his money in more risky ventures, than with Rande. And since George's life seems to be one big "anecdote" at times...when he's on vacation anyway, I think the advertising campaign probably was born out of one of those experiences which seemed funny at the time. Grant also had a hand in directing it, so I would say they've thought it through and it's probably well made, with a little good fun and the slapstick comedy that George seems to have a penchant for.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 09 Jan 2013, 14:52

Woo hooo!
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 15:13

Well HellllloooOOOOO Stacy! If this is all true, she's done better than any gf in recent memory! Gotten the golden scepter extended by George, so to speak. JMHAO
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 09 Jan 2013, 15:58

I think Sk is perfect for this film. What better than adding another
drunk to the team. cheers

and Gerber Whistle (I'll hold back)

facepalm

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 09 Jan 2013, 16:51

The article sounds mortifying for sure, but as I always say, I will wait to hear it from George’s own mouth; I have a tendency to believe in him. I have a hard time believing it is as the NY Post describes the Ad Beside from the fact that I choose to see the better of someone until proved wrong; Cindy has two children at a very impressionable ages. It is hard for me to imaging a Mother letting something deprecating to hurt her children not to mention all her own endorsements.

it would also be horrible to think that George would do something that would also hurt his family. NO there is more to this story.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 09 Jan 2013, 17:10

This is a first for me...I have to disagree with you Lighterside! I don't see Rande as a successful businessman. I see him as someone who's traded off his wife's fame, and continues to do so, in his nightclub business. He was a mediocre, unknown model before he married Cindy. He uses his friendship with George to promote himself and his clubs. He's had more failures than successes. The last venture they tried together was the casino. I would agree it appears George made money off that failure, but let's face it, rich people seldom lose even when they fail at something.

Of all Georges life, the one thing that gives me pause, more than the GF's is his close friendship with Rande. Rande is a famewhore and a player. There are too many young women who've accused him of sexual harassment for me o believe he's a hapless victim. Maybe we see George with Rande more than any other friends because Rande makes sure they get photographed together. I don't know. But he sure seems to hang with him more than any other friend. And, IMHO, Rande isn't good for him on either a private or professional level.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 09 Jan 2013, 17:21

Oofoof: I get the same feeling of it. I think you are right.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 09 Jan 2013, 17:33

fava wrote:Wow, he is really going all in on this tequila. Gotta say I am surprised.

Best in Category wrote:

I don't believe she needs to lose weight-- too thin already. As for the other "improvements" she should do what she wants--not to keep him or please anyone else.

Yes you are right too, when she gets the invitation card posted to her, then she can do as you suggest. But now, I believe, George is the one, who gets the invitation and she is avec ( and that avec could be anyone, just anyone). It makes a difference. Are you saying she is more important than G? That it is all about her and what she likes? And yes, she could lose some weight because she still looks big.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:14

OofOof wrote:This is a first for me...I have to disagree with you Lighterside! I don't see Rande as a successful businessman. I see him as someone who's traded off his wife's fame, and continues to do so, in his nightclub business. He was a mediocre, unknown model before he married Cindy. He uses his friendship with George to promote himself and his clubs. He's had more failures than successes. The last venture they tried together was the casino. I would agree it appears George made money off that failure, but let's face it, rich people seldom lose even when they fail at something.

Of all Georges life, the one thing that gives me pause, more than the GF's is his close friendship with Rande. Rande is a famewhore and a player. There are too many young women who've accused him of sexual harassment for me o believe he's a hapless victim. Maybe we see George with Rande more than any other friends because Rande makes sure they get photographed together. I don't know. But he sure seems to hang with him more than any other friend. And, IMHO, Rande isn't good for him on either a private or professional level.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. You may deem Rande's character to be lacking but I'm talking about the subject from a strictly economic, dollars and cents point of view. Rande HAS been very successful with the launch of his rum label, so much so that he is now expanding it nationally...doesn't sound like a dismal outcome to me.

Whether or not he was a "cutting edge" model like his wife, notwithstanding, what he HAS done is make good investments with the money he earned and has gotten excellent enough returns on them that he is a multimillionaire in his own right, without reference to his wife's income...again, I find that to be successful and a good outcome on money invested as an accountant.

As for the casino venture, if I'm not much mistaken that took a dive as an investment right about the same time as the economic misfortune in this country and getting out with a considerable "profit" again from a strictly financial point of view is a very good outcome and extraction from a situation that could easily have become a "colossal" economic loss.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:24

Personally, I'm pleased George ISN'T connected
to a gambling casino !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:28

Who knows what consenting adults do behind closed doors, but I'm thinking guy fantasy, and they think it will be funny. Clooney's frat-boy is showing again.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:38

I believe, based on the article Katie posted that the casino venture was sold in 2006, before we all woke up and discovered George Bush had no clothes on.

Guess we will have to disagree Lighter. Obviously I'm not a rich party girl so I guess there's no reason I would've heard of Rande Gerber but, like Stacy, before I came to this site, I'd never heard of the man. I have only heard of his rum via this website. I spent several days in Portland, Seattle and LA this past month. The rum was not available in any club or restaurant I visited. Rande is very good at marketing. That's his talent, no doubt. And, I have no doubt his rum is served in all his clubs. But, my point is that Rande strikes me as someone who looks out for Rande first. We see all the "life and style" articles where he touts his "success.". Is it real?

Yes, I would agree he's done well with his clubs. But the ones that are the most successful seem to be ones he sold partially or wholly to bigger hotel chains. He also relies heavily on the Hollywood set to make his clubs desirable to the rich folks among us. If they move on, his clubs will go under.

I guess it's a moot point. You're right. He's a good business man. But just because he says he is successful or because some magazine says he's successful, means nothing. Donald Trump is portrayed as a successful businessman who claims to be worth billions.

For me, character does matter. Rande may have made millions with his clubs. I still think he's a vacuous, self centered sexist who loves being at the center of attention.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:49

Well, if they didn't want this sort of comment they shouldn't have said what they said. thanks Henway for this find:

George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Swing With Cindy Crawford And Rande Gerber?

We all pretty much assume George Clooney has a thing for Cindy Crawford, right? It’s sort of a no-brainer. For starters, she’s Cindy Crawford so who wouldn’t? And then, save for Stacy Keibler, all of George Clooney’s girlfriends tend to look oddly like the supermodel. He likes ‘em tall, skinny, brown-haired and game. But could there be more to this flirtation?

Page Six reported that George and long-time friend and Cindy Crawford’s husband, Rande Gerber, are going into business together. They have created their own house tequila and are ready to start bottling and selling – and marketing.

Here’s where the awkwardness comes in. George and Rande shot a one-minute flick for Casamigos on location at one of Clooney’s homes, describing it as “loosely based on a true story.” It’s titled, “It Could Happen, Please Drink Responsibly.”

On hearing that I figured it involved George hopping into Rande’s Porsche after one too many or some other rich people shenanigans but the guys aren’t swapping cars, they’re swapping wives.

Apparently the flick shows the stars getting into bed in various couplings. I figured there would only be two odd couplings there – George Clooney/Cindy Crawford vs. Rande Gerber/Stacy Keibler but perhaps there’s also some Rande on George action as well.

So… if this is loosely based are we to gather that this busted up version of musical chairs happens all the time when these four get together during their many vacations together.

Does George Clooney swing? How do you think Stacy Keibler likes that? She has to like it. If she’s not on board then the next girl will be. Trust. I’ve heard kinky things about George throughout the years and this really doesn’t compare to some of the crazy things whispered around so I’m not totally surprised.

But I could just be assuming all over the place. George and Cindy’s relationship could be totally platonic. This commercial could be nothing but harmless fun. But still… it makes you wonder. I know what I believe! What about you?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:58

The idea is sleazy (not funny if that's what they intended) so I'm going to hope it was an idea they ran past and decided not to go with.

I do agree with the poster who said Cindy has two kids. What kind of example is that to pass on to her daughter? "Hey, pumpkin, yes, I know, your friends are laughing at you at school because I'm shown on a commercial in bed with someone other than your daddy. But it's okay to simulate wife-swapping in an ad as long as it's to sell Daddy and Uncle George's tequila."

I'm hoping that's not what we are going to be seeing.

This is for a campaign for responsible drinking?

Drink responsibly cause you might end up in bed with someone else's wife? That's supposed to be the message?

So what's the tagline for the product going to be?

"Casamigos, the tequila that brings out the sleaze in you!"

"Casamigos, the tequila that makes it easier to wife swap!"

How about the Spanish tagling?

"Casamigos, su casa es mi casa and su esposa es mi esposa para la noche?

Give me a fucking break!

All I can say if it's true then maybe both George and Rande (with an e) should step back from the fucking bottle, sober up and really take a hard look at what a laughing stock they all will be.

Twiiter will be alight with more taglines than I can come up with. But hey, if they subscribe to the "even bad publicity is good as long as it makes us money" motto, then who cares what happens to their reputations.

**shakes head, walks away in disgust.**

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:06

If George releases a film loosely based on rumors that have been following George around, it seems to me he is trying to tell the world and his next conquest what she has to be willing to participate in..I don't know if page six has some insider information on George and his team are feeding them information to keep there mouths shut, or George has now fried his brain with his alcohol use...Maybe he can now participate in a sex tape because that is where I see this going...I mean could u see how much money they could make off of that....How low can someone sink for money???? Not at all funny but then alot of things George says and does are not funny...He seems to have a college kids mentality...Sadly it isn't the college kids who follow him!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:07

My two cents. I started following GC because he was cute and I was attracted to him. I also started following him around the time he went to Darfur the first time after seeing him talk about his visit there. I actually was upset by his Oscar speech because he said he was "proud to be out of touch", I thought he was a smug idiot who had no idea what real people were going through, albeit a cute idiot.

When I saw he went to Darfur my opinion started to change because I thought his ideals had changed. The only thing I have real trouble with is his relationships because they don't fit the noble person I thought he was.

That being said I am under no delusion he is perfect. Some people here seem to think he is "perfect", that he can do no wrong, that he is a "hero". I don't see him that way. I have enjoyed some of his work but not all. I think he can tend to over act. When I hear or read how people think he is so smart and successful (and not just the people here but other people in media) I cringe. He really isn't smart about marketing or film making, although he is not dumb either.

I know that sounds like I am talking out of two sides of my mouth but I do have a point. I find that the work he has done for other people is far better than what he has done himself. Yes GNGL was well done (although I haven't seen it) but Leatherheads was a disappointment with overacting and a bad script. The best thing about it were the costumes and the music (although I do have an issue with one of the songs). IOM was a good movie, not great but good. I felt he just copied things from other filmmakers without improving on what they have done. I also felt it was just one big cliche. A good story that could/should have been better. Again he is starts out smart but then doesn't follow through.

Most of his success, IMO, has come from films he has just acted in or as in the case of Argo produced. I am not sure he could have given Argo the same treatment as Ben Affleck. I know because it is his production he was heavily involved but BA was still the director and major force.

I think for all the "nice guy" qualities he possess he is also a bit arrogant.

I know this is a forum for people who love all things GC, the problem I have is that he is made out to be something he is not. I am not altogether convinced this "video" is the right way to market his tequila. He seems to think things are funny that might not be and it sounds, to me, that it can blow up in his face. Again I am not as sure that he knows the correct way to market things.

He tried so hard to get an Oscar last year that by the end of all the photo ops, articles and interviews he just looked desperate.

We waited so long to see new photos of him but all these photos did to me was see how tired and strained he has become.

All that being said to paraphase a movie line "I can't quit him" at least not yet. I know I will get those who totally disagree with me and I get that, I just need them to understand that I don't believe he is perfect or a hero --- in some ways he is just a cute guy. Sometimes I wish I didn't know anything about him and just kept him as just some nice eye candy to look at.

(Here is my usual disclaimer---having a bad day and feeling very snarky). Sad

Last edited by silly girl on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : was busy commentating and didn't see Katie's post....the same kinds of comments are all over twitter...bad form....)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:09

They'll be very lucky if the press stick to just the George/Cindy swinging angle. After all, if a foursome swing, they swing - in all directions if you know what I mean? and it's not as though Cindy is free from lesbian accusations.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:21

Silly the media is paid to build George up...It's all a money making racket... George sold himself to the devil years ago for fame and fortune and he's got...in this life!!! He has himself admitted he's going to hell...By his actions lately he sure seems to want to secure that position...
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:27

I have also heard people on this website who have meet George and say how great he looks in person. I have meet George quite a few times and every time I seem him he looks older and sadder, maybe I can read him better than others, or people are just in denial...You can really see how his life style is affecting him..It seriously makes my heart sad...
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next