George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

+49
Saveria
mel01
monaco
HRC2016
premiere
Duffy
Way2Old4Dis
George Fan
amaretti
laetval
fluffy
janieb
waewaewae
Barbara Garabedian
m4rose
FuturoST
theminis
Missa
blubelle
madsky
pattygirl
Henway
rmrmmm
Picachu
Bidbod
cindigirl
very vera
Dior
phys major
LornaDoone
lucy
Mazy
Maggy
Lakin460
Lighterside
lelacorb
Atalante
fava
Joanna
party animal - not!
annemarie
it's me
Best in Category
silly girl
LyndaGirl
NotAvailable
OofOof
watching
Katiedot
53 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

Post by LornaDoone Thu 10 Jan 2013, 18:37

Lighterside wrote:He isn't doing this to raise money for Sudan...they originally designed the tequila because THEY enjoy drinking it...not for any other reason.

Then, when it turned out so well from the distiller, they decided to share it with the public, instead of making it just for themselves.

WHERE does it say they did this to raise money for the So. Sudan? What George DOES say in the short clip is that the money HE makes from this venture will go to aide the Satellite Project, which is HIS pet project...not Rande's. Don't conflate the two as one because nothing could be further from the truth.

I believe someone mentioned that he stated that to a reporter that was from one of the entertainment shows that would air the clip. I may be mistaken but that's what I gleaned from other postings.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 10 Jan 2013, 18:42

They're not mocking marriage or promoting adultery. It's simply, "Drink too much, and weird, possibly bad, things can happen to you."

I don't think they set out to make a Scared Straight public service announcement. And CCrawford probably has a decent handle on what works for her, her marriage, and her family.

Chill. Have a drink.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 10 Jan 2013, 18:47

Best in Category wrote:

For the hard liquor one very good market is Russia (and later the neighboring countries). Not US. They have a long tradition of drinking and do not need much advertisement to push them do so.

So the market is very big and welcoming. You just have to convince them to change vodka to tequila. This can be achieved by effective pricing.

One way to do it is (now that french actors are getting citizenships there) and Putin has been willing to meet them in person: to send George there, to sit down with him and have a little drink to lessen (possible) differences in their characters. And discuss how this tequila hits all the shelves there. And the rest is history Very Happy

I agree that hard liquor sales would probably be good in Russia, don't know about tequila being a good substiture for vodka. Vodka has the advantage of not being smelled on ones breath as easily as other liquors and tequila can give you quite an upset stomach and major hangover. Maybe it's the natural sugars in the tequila?

In any case, it's not something I would buy anyway since I long ago left the bartending industry and with tequila in particular, just the smell of it makes me sick (due to when I was very young and stupid on a day in May many years ago). I never had it again since.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 18:48

i am going to agree with lorna and i am pretty chilled out today.
She took the words right outta my mouth anyway

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 10 Jan 2013, 18:56

@Casamigos is now promoting SK's appearance in the film quoting nypost article

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 18:57

Hey Lorna....so the "loosely based on a true story" started
with you then ? Lol

Make sure you get your royalties !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:03

Yeah, well, to each his own. The vast majority of people who drink don't wind up killing someone or beating their wives, and making an ad for a recreational/social alcohol product promotes nothing except the purchase and enjoyment of said alcoholic product, so I'm surprised by the amount and depth of the criticism here.

Did anyone vilify George for the Mercedes ad? After all, cars kill a lot of people.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:06

LornaDoone wrote:
Lighterside wrote:He isn't doing this to raise money for Sudan...they originally designed the tequila because THEY enjoy drinking it...not for any other reason.

Then, when it turned out so well from the distiller, they decided to share it with the public, instead of making it just for themselves.

WHERE does it say they did this to raise money for the So. Sudan? What George DOES say in the short clip is that the money HE makes from this venture will go to aide the Satellite Project, which is HIS pet project...not Rande's. Don't conflate the two as one because nothing could be further from the truth.

I believe someone mentioned that he stated that to a reporter that was from one of the entertainment shows that would air the clip. I may be mistaken but that's what I gleaned from other postings.

No what he said is that his portion of the money will go to the project. They have maintained in the articles from the beginning that this tequila was made for their own consumption and then they decided to market it because it turned out so well...not the other way around that it was made so there would be profits for the project.

And personally, I believe what their mocking is the idea that they "swing" to begin with. I don't think it's meant to mock marriage as much as all the constant media and other postings which seem to speculate that because George is close friends with the Gerbers, this kind of behavior must go on. I know I've read that at least a million times in more ways than one from the gossip rags and I think this is an "in your face" response in George's typical laughing at himself type of parody. Much like the bits with him in bed with John Stewart, the sitcom guys and other opening skits from award shows have been in the past.

Last edited by Lighterside on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : errors)
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:25

How does a Mercedes-Benz commercial compare to a tacky video that George put out there which has nothing to do with drinking responsibly??? He thought it was funny because of all the gossip about his sexual life...its not funny it only reinforces the gossip...classless...I have a great sense of humor this is not cute to me at all...but to each his own....
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:27

It is just a retweet...they have retweet a few different articles. Oh and CC has tweeted about it too....waiting to see SK's comment....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:30

a good wife+ supporting your husband = cheating on your spouse

'integrity matters" ides of march... i guess that quote went out the window

Last edited by very vera on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:32; edited 1 time in total

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:31

@Lorna...here is the original story:

New York Post

George Clooney, Stacy Keibler to co-star

Amigos George Clooney and Rande Gerber will star with their main squeezes, Stacy Keibler and Cindy Crawford, in a short film to launch tequila brand Casamigos. The one-minute flick, we hear, titled “It Could Happen, Please Drink Responsibly,” was directed by Clooney and his “Argo” producing partner Grant Heslov. The starry mini-movie was even shot on location at one of Clooney’s homes, and sources say it’s “loosely based on a true story,” which involves the stars hopping into bed in various odd couplings. Clooney and Gerber were spotted in Dallas on Monday night at a margarita mecca called the Iron Cactus as part of a national tour they’re on to meet with spirits executives. Gerber’s also about to nationally launch Caliche Rum with Puerto Rican distiller Roberto Serralles. Clooney — unveiled yesterday as a presenter at Sunday’s Golden Globe Awards — and Gerber are said to have been privately creating their own house tequila for years with a master distiller after they both built homes in Mexico. Upon perfecting the potion, the pair decided to make it available for the masses.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:38

I've never been accused of being a prim snob but I think this video is just the silliest thing I've ever seen, watching people waking up to see their significant other in bed with a friend.

Has anyone seen the latest Gossip Cop article?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Thu 10 Jan 2013, 19:59

Why such rigor, phys? It's just for fun. Lots of happy
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:01

Joanna wrote:Hey Lorna....so the "loosely based on a true story" started
with you then ? Lol

Make sure you get your royalties !

Nope, didn't end up in somebody's bed - ended up praying to the porcelain god for two days and have never touched the stuff since.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:09

I guess because I never cared for George until he started his efforts in darfur...I really can't seem to blend the two seperate Georges together..nor do I want to..if that makes sense..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:13

Has anyone shown the video to their other half ?

My hubby just watched it 3 times and said it was very funny...

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:14

I like the ad. I agree that everyone finds in it what he wants.
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:19

Joanna wrote:Has anyone shown the video to their other half ?

My husband laughed. He said it pretty good. It's just advertising!
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:23

phys major wrote:I guess because I never cared for George until he started his efforts in darfur...I really can't seem to blend the two seperate Georges together..nor do I want to..if that makes sense..

And that's my rub too. I followed George before Darfur and when he made stupid comments or made stupid choices with his drinking and women, then it was just him that was being affected.

And when he started his efforts for Darfur I thought, okay, maybe now he'll grow the fuck up and start doing something that could possibly positively affect the lives of millions of people who are suffering.

But so far, that really hasn't happened. All of his actions, IMO, as a visual and vocal advocate need to be above reproach. That's why I have issues with the sleaze pictures of his girlfriends. Have integrity, be above reproach so that people will focus on your words and efforts there instead of spending time ranting and railing about his choices of sleazy girlfriends and his ill-concieved attempts at being funny.

Personally, I believe that if George wants to live a sleaze life - then go ahead and do so -- but then he should STOP the efforts for Darfur and let someone with more integrity take over.

Yes, people follow cause he's famous - but there are other famous people out there who don't carry the stink of his bad choices and perhaps Darfur would be better served by them.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:25

It will be enough if you imagine that George is a creative person and deals with more than one thing. Very Happy
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:27

The video will also be fun (do not know) but when I vosto George to bed with Cindy I thought, fuck how old with all those wrinkles on the neck looks like a grandfather sexy man that I love! Girls stroke came to me! sex? but what sex, sleep is better![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:35

Personally I can't stand the movie star George...I find him obnoxious and arrogant..the humanitarian George has my attention and respect...but the two seem to be blending into one and not the good one....I just don't like it...I am definitely with you on this on lorna..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:37

Its just and ad for a drink that tries in a silly way to loosely say, drink responsibly or... anything could happen. And yes, maybe a thumbs it at all the dif gossip about his lifestyle. But i do hope Cindy's kids don't have too much imagination about it.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:41

Well of course he would Joanna he's a man....lol
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:41

If there were so many people of integrity ready to step in on behalf of the people of Darfur, we'd have seen them by now and people like Clooney could just go on with their sleazy lives.

Please.

Families, fighters, and advocates in South Sudan don't give half a crap that the money that's helping to save them comes from selling tequila through a tongue- in-cheek ad.

Sean Penn curses, drinks, and hits people. Should he stop helping in Haiti because he's not a nice enough guy?

I don't understand holding people who are doing their best to contribute to the World to an impossible standard of "perfection," which is as subjective as anything you can name.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:43

Joanna wrote:Has anyone shown the video to their other half ?

Lol!

MEN?!?!?

They all love this kind of thing. Drinking till they can't stand up,
girl on girl. And the idea of swopping partners? pirat

Right now, George is their hero. Way to go Tequila team. Not worthy

They all probably are having their fingers crossed hoping that
they will have a similar experience.

Maybe I should give it a try too. I might
get lucky too and end up in bed with a couple of male hotties. cheers
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:53

you know what phys major... i am with you. I gave you a greenie and to think i worked on ides of march with him.

way 2 - accept this video is just wrong

Last edited by very vera on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:21; edited 1 time in total

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:54

Hey....stop disrespecting my hubby...Lol

Only I can do that ya know ! Lightsabre fight
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:00

Lol, Jo!

'What's good for the goose is good for the gander'

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:08

Still debate about advertising?
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:12

Way2Old4Dis wrote:If there were so many people of integrity ready to step in on behalf of the people of Darfur, we'd have seen them by now and people like Clooney could just go on with their sleazy lives.

Please.

Families, fighters, and advocates in South Sudan don't give half a crap that the money that's helping to save them comes from selling tequila through a tongue- in-cheek ad.

Sean Penn curses, drinks, and hits people. Should he stop helping in Haiti because he's not a nice enough guy?

I don't understand holding people who are doing their best to contribute to the World to an impossible standard of "perfection," which is as subjective as anything you can name.

Thumbs up!
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:19

I agree with what you say Way2 about the people in Darfur and the others in the mountains that George visited....they needed the world to know what's happening to them and the publicity given by
George, John and originally Nick have helped.
I'm quite sure if someone tells them about the fun advertising video we've been watching they're not going to put their hands up in horror and say...."Never come here again and shoot down that Satellite today !"
So can only "saints" help the needy then ? There's not many of those around apparently, so not much would be done if that we're the case IMO.

It's been interesting to read all the comments and I for one have not had GTC on a pedestal after over 20 years of following him.
But I know it's sometimes difficult to accept the "feet of clay" for some people, so I understand some of the emotions being expressed.

But, at the end of the day, we've had a laugh...haven't we ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:31

Maggy wrote:Lol, Jo!

'What's good for the goose is good for the gander'

True...that's me....fighting him....BTW !

Didn't want any misunderstandings Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:34

Well said joanna

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:35

Laughing
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 10 Jan 2013, 22:52

very vera wrote:...

way 2 - accept this video is just wrong

Okay, sure ... ' cause I'm the kind of person who accepts that I'm wrong just because somebody tells I am and they know better.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:07

i didn't say you were wrong i said the video is wrong and i don't know any better than joe schmoo.

I am not the only one who did not like the video. just curious... why are you singling me out. do my comments bother you more than others?

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:12

Didn't think the film was anything other than George's sense of humor, many people think he does so why not give than something to talk about. Now people all over the world know about his new tequila.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:14

Putin?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:16

Ype, and they've sold out on Day 1, according to their Twitter account

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:17

very vera wrote:i didn't say you were wrong i said the video is wrong and i don't know any better than joe schmoo.

I am not the only one who did not like the video. just curious... why are you singling me out. do my comments bother you more than others?

Nope. In fact, I rarely pay attention to names; I just answer. But your post was directed at me by name, so I responded in kind.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:21

It felt like you point blank singling me OUT!

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:25

Okay, I'm done with this. So not worth it. Take care.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:43

whew i felt like i was being harrassed

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:56

Just weighing in here - I thought the ad was sleazy and cheesy. It honestly reminded me of what a couple of half-drunk college guys would have come up with for a class project. Then when I read that a couple of husbands thought it was funny, it occurred to me that this must be "guy" humor which has no sublety at all, jmo. But Cindy and Stacy, this is when you step in, tell the guys it's really not that funny, and talk them out of it.

Also, George has more chemistry with Randeee than with anyone else I've seen him with.

Ready, aim, fire at me!
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Fri 11 Jan 2013, 00:07

it's me wrote:Putin?

Yes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back in 1980´s people wanted to get out of that country, now they want to get in....

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 11 Jan 2013, 00:14

Drunk
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Fri 11 Jan 2013, 00:16

I liked the ad. Yes, I think it's a "guy" humor. But it's advertising, and its purpose has been fulfilled. Stacy and Cindy? Perhaps they did not mind when he played there.
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 11 Jan 2013, 00:29

Way2Old4Dis wrote:If there were so many people of integrity ready to step in on behalf of the people of Darfur, we'd have seen them by now and people like Clooney could just go on with their sleazy lives.

Please.

We can agree to disagree - I think Sean Penn is a sleaze too. I just am tired of celebs using disadvantaged people to try to bolster their crappy images. As if doing that gives them a pass on all the other sleazy things they do.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next