George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

General Chitchat for September.

+10
sisieq
blubelle
Dior
it's me
cindigirl
lucy
sandwiches
MyGirlKylie
Katiedot
pattygirl
14 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 Empty Re: General Chitchat for September.

Post by cindigirl Fri 09 Sep 2011, 00:02

Thanks to all. The worst is yet to come. The rivers haven't crested yet, not until around Saturday. Some rivers, near Paterson, Fairfield and Little Falls, NJ are expected to crest around 17 feet. This is almost like New Orleans with Katrina.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

General Chitchat for September. - Page 3 Empty Re: General Chitchat for September.

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 12 Sep 2011, 18:26

Ugggh...been having Internet issues and just now getting back online.

Looks like I haven't missed much, just the SK chatter. LoL
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 12 Sep 2011, 18:31

Nice to see you back Mygirl. All you missed is a lot of snarking on Stacy. I'm sure she's nice enough, although not for our George. Her fashion sense if off the wall. I wonder if he was aware of how she was going to present herself at the TIFF party.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 13 Sep 2011, 01:13

Just had to share this. I went to Kmart to kill some time while my daughter was in dance class tonight and there was some old man peeing in the parking lot when I came out. Shocked

LMAO
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 16:46

Hi Girls, good to read all the stuff you posted while I was unavailable. Peeked in a few times for a few minutes, but couldn't spend any real time perusing. Had a very busy week and have sort of OD'd on family. Daughter from NM arrived late, in that tremendous rain we were having from Lee. As it was raining so hard, I needed my son-in-law to do the driving, so when we picked her up went back to his house. (Daughter was surprise Bday gift for her sister, and wasn't supposed to be until next day at lunch). Walked into their house, and son-in-law said that I wanted to show her Bday present. Well, she was definitely surprised, let me tell you. Actually screamed and also cried. It was a fun week, very exhausting but rewarding too. She flew home this am. Miss her already.
Now, though, I can come back into the fold and enjoy my friends again. cheers bounce Very Happy
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 16:52

So good to see you here again. Glad you had family time. We've been mainly going on and on about Stacy and the TIFF. We've been having fun with Stacy and her style (hair, dress). She seems like a party girl (a little off-base sometimes) but fun.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 16:57

I did get to look in a few times, but that gets confusing. I kept losing trends of thought. I'll get back into the swing of things though. Just need a lttle time to readjust mind processing. I did miss everybody though.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 17:08

The general opinion of mostly everybody is that Stacy is going after G. At the TIFF he never looked happy standing by her and it seemed like he was avoiding her. I thought it was outrageous that she wore at least 4" heels and, my God, that beehive on her head making her look 3" taller. There were some videos of the TFF meetings which were good, although IMO in that one conference where he humiliated the People magazine reporter I was really surprised at him. Must have been in a bad mood that day.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 13 Sep 2011, 20:50

maybe

who knows....
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 13 Sep 2011, 22:16

Welcome back Pattygirl. Glad you had a nice time with your family.

MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2011, 22:24

Less chit chat!
Get back to work the lot of you.
I don't pay you to loiter around in cyberspace.

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Tue 13 Sep 2011, 22:57

Stan Rosenfield wrote:Less chit chat!
Get back to work the lot of you.
I don't pay you to loiter around in cyberspace.

As soon as I receive a cheque from you I'll get back to work. Laughing
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 23:30

@sandwiches Thumbs up!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 14 Sep 2011, 01:02

Where did Stan go? Did we scare him off? We were just starting to have fun with him. Darn.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 14 Sep 2011, 01:08

Glad to be back MGK, had an exhausting great time. Will take several days to get back on track. Kept falling asleep at my laptop while playing catch-up. Have so many opinions buzzing around in my head, don't know where to start. Very Happy
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 14 Sep 2011, 05:02

cindigirl wrote:Where did Stan go? Did we scare him off? We were just starting to have fun with him. Darn.
Hah! I told her/him to change her/his username because I don't allow impersonation on this site.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 14 Sep 2011, 20:26

Got a couple of new jokes:

1. Finkelstein and Jesus

Jesus was wandering around Jerusalem when he decided that he really needed a new robe.

After looking around for a while, he saw a sign for Finkelstein, the Tailor..
So, he went in and made the necessary arrangements to have Finkelstein prepare a new robe for him. A few days later, when the robe was finished, Jesus tried it on -- and it was a perfect fit!

He asked how much he owed.

Finkelstein brushed him off: "No, no, no, for the Son of God there's no charge!

However, may I ask for a small favor. Whenever you give a sermon, perhaps you could just mention that your nice new robe was made by Finkelstein, the Tailor?"

Jesus readily agreed and as promised, extolled the virtues of his Finkelstein robe whenever he spoke to the masses.

A few months later, while Jesus was again walking through Jerusalem , he happened to walk past Finkelstein's shop and noted a huge line of people waiting for Finkelstein's robes.

He pushed his way through the crowd to speak to him and as soon as Finkelstein spotted him he said: "Jesus, Jesus, look what you've done for my business!

Would you consider a partnership?"

"Certainly," replied Jesus.

"Jesus & Finkelstein it is."

"Oh, no, no," said Finkelstein.

"Finkelstein & Jesus.

After all, I am the craftsman."

The two of them debated this for some time.

Their discussion was long and spirited, but ultimately fruitful -- and they finally came up with a mutually acceptable compromise.. A few days later, the new sign went up over Finkelstein's shop:

Lord & Taylor[i]

2. The Bathtub Test

During a visit to my doctor, I asked him, "How do you determine whether or not an older person should be putin an old people's home?"

"Well," he said, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the person to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it is bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No" he said. "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

ARE YOU GOING TO PASS THIS ON .... OR DO YOU WANT THE BED NEXT TO MINE?

pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Thu 15 Sep 2011, 00:09

Love them Patty.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 15 Sep 2011, 01:09

Lmao at the bathtub one.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 15 Sep 2011, 01:13

They were both great thanks PG.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 02:10

Thanks. Couldn't get the pic of Lord & Taylor to copy, so just put words in. I tried several different ways, just wouldn't go.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 15 Sep 2011, 04:33

I saw this as one of my friends' facebook update status which I'm going to borrow soon:

I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Sep 2011, 06:27

grande! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 15 Sep 2011, 08:48

Here's another good one:

Gentlemen: they only juggle at the circus. So if you're juggling women, that doesn't make you a man, it makes you a clown
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:23

Katiedot wrote:I saw this as one of my friends' facebook update status which I'm going to borrow soon:

I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.

LoL. I had this one as my FB status a while back. I love that Status Shuffle app on there.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 15 Sep 2011, 22:20

I'm curious, you know all the really nice outfits they wear in the Ross, TJ Max, and Marshall's commercials that have been airing for the back-to-school outfits and now "fashion week"? Okay, who has gone to one of those stores and found those exact same outfits? I have found and bought some decent clothes at those stores (when I'm lucky), so not trying to embarrass anyone for admitting they shop there.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 15 Sep 2011, 22:23

sisieq, same for my shopping trips at those stores, it's luck,9 out of 10 times.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 15 Sep 2011, 22:38

Another Question Does anyone think/know if the K Sisters are going to wear the clothes they are now selling in Sears? Wouldn't it be funny if someone asks Kim K, while walking a Red Carpet or making a paid appearance if its one of her Sears line. In the past, Sears use to carry nice clothes. Anyone been there yet and seen their clothes?

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 16 Sep 2011, 00:50

When they had that red carpet event right before the wedding, I think, they all wore "the line", but since I'm not in to fashion, I wouldn't know what the rest of their line is like. However, I find it really hard to believe that when they're out and about, they are wearing their line all the time. I've heard them talk about other designers and how they LOVE to wear their clothes. They just want us, Jane Q Public to buy their clothes so they can pocket the $$$s!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 16 Sep 2011, 01:26

melbert wrote:They just want us, Jane Q Public to buy their clothes so they can pocket the $$$s!
I almost was going to add that. Thanks for saying for me!!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 16 Sep 2011, 01:55

Can you see any of those "names" who have clothing lines or furniture lines using them? Imagine Cindy Crawford wearing her clothing line or using the furniture she touts, or Kathy Ireland. Ha ha ha! That would be something to see.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 16 Sep 2011, 02:46

Someone over at CU said that she went to Sears and bought some of the Kardashian stuff. Said it wasn't the same "quality" as some of the stuff she bought directly from QVC for the Dash line. Don't know, don't care. Like I said awhile back, I don't go shopping, and I certainly am not going to line their pockets with my hard-earned $$s!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Fri 16 Sep 2011, 15:22

I hate shopping for clothes, which is why I own a lot of jeans and t-shirts. I don't shop at Sears anyway.
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:42

I hate clothes shopping. Usually I buy online. Love stores like Coldwater Creek, especially when they are having their really great sales. Love it when I can get a top or pants that ranges in price from $50. to $80. for $10. to $20. and get free shipping too. Then I buy through ebates.com and get a % cash back, too. It makes it fun. Then I can try on at home, and if not right, I can just take back to the store. Quality of clothes is great and they fit well, too.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 16 Sep 2011, 20:15

sandwiches wrote:I hate shopping for clothes, which is why I own a lot of jeans and t-shirts. I don't shop at Sears anyway.

Yeah Right

And there's no way in hell that I would buy anything the Kartrashians are selling. They rank right up there with the Lohans. Don't even get me started... Censored
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 16 Sep 2011, 20:30

oh, I forgot a couple of jokes for you:

A chicken & an egg are lying in bed. The chicken happily smokes while the egg looks a bit pissed off. The egg mutters "Well, I guess we answered THAT question!"

My Shampoo says,"For extra volume and body." So I'm oing to start using Dawn dish-washing soap. It says, "dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove.

MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 16 Sep 2011, 20:48

Good going, MGK. LMAO, especially over first one. Took me a second to get it, but perfect laugh. Use Dawn all the time, hasn't worked for me. Maybe I should drink it! Razz
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 17 Sep 2011, 17:04

@cindigirl - I am sooo sorry!! It hit me last night that I made a post the other day that came across so very wrong. I don’t remember the thread, but we were teasing each other about being “lost”. My train of thought was that I wanted to post “I’m with her” or “we’re together in this” – something to that effect. Prior to that I was looking through the list of emoticons and saw the “I’m with”. Being in a hurry because I was at work, the “stupid” part truly didn’t register.

My home computer has been down and had to wait until I got to my part-time weekend job. Your comment/reply back truly didn’t bother me. I thought it was funny. I truly am sorry and never meant to hurt your feelings. Being in a rush I just wasn’t thinking properly. Again, I just can’t tell you enough how sorry I am!!!! Embarassed

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 18 Sep 2011, 00:58

Thanks sis for your apology. I did take offense at that. I have to know someone a bit longer before they can call me "lost" LOL. My reply was a bit offensive to you because I reacted and I apologize to you. I've often been mis-construed as being lost because I am laid back and basically quiet. But as they say still waters run deep. My son calls me passively-aggressive. Still trying to figure out exactly what the hell that means. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 18 Sep 2011, 03:53

PG, bought a area rug from the Cindy Crawford line at Rooms To Go Outlet (no returns) when I got it home I realized I had just bought a very cheap rug for to much money. I've seen better quality at Wal- Mart, or Target.

MGK, loved your jokes!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sun 18 Sep 2011, 18:13

lucy wrote:PG, bought a area rug from the Cindy Crawford line at Rooms To Go Outlet (no returns) when I got it home I realized I had just bought a very cheap rug for to much money. I've seen better quality at Wal- Mart, or Target.

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Been a busy weekend over here. We've dug up and replaced some shrubs and started getting a jump on the fall yard work. I have mulch coming this week so I'll finish that up and get the pool closed next weekend. Then the yard work will be done and we can get some motorcycle rides in since it's not so humid. Very Happy
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 18 Sep 2011, 18:21

Sounds like a busy time for you. I am in a condo and all that good stuff is done for me. For a fee of course. LOL

I went to a high school football game yesterday. One of the cheerleaders was the top of the pyramid and fell, falling on her bottom. She got right up though, nothing hurt but her pride. One of the boys in the band fell right over onto his drums. He was OK too. Well, it is high school. The kids were great.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 18 Sep 2011, 19:19

Here's a cute joke my girlfriend emailed me.

The Obedient Wife!

There was an immigrant man who had worked all his
life, had saved all of his money, and was a real "miser"
when it came to his money.
Just before he died, he said to his wife..."When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the casket with me. I want to take my money to the after life with me."
And so he got his wife to promise him, with all of her
heart, that when he died, she would put all of the money
into the casket with him.
Well, he died. He was stretched out in the casket,
his wife was sitting there - dressed in black, (what else), and her best friend was sitting next to her.
When they finished the ceremony, and just before the undertaker got ready to close the casket, the wife said, "Wait just a moment!"
She had a small metal box with her; she came over with the box and put it in the casket.

Then the undertaker locked the casket down and they rolled it away. So her friend said, "Girl, I know you were not fool enough to put all that money in there with your husband." The loyal wife replied, "Listen, I cannot go back on my word. I promised him that I was going to put that money in the casket with him.."

You mean to tell me you put that money in the casket with him??"
"I sure did," said the wife. "I got it all together, put it into my account, I wrote him a check.... If he can cash it, then he can spend it."

AMEN!

Last edited by cindigirl on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 20:03; edited 1 time in total
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 18 Sep 2011, 19:27

That was great, cindi. LMAO, Gonna send it out to my friends now.
The moral is don't try to screw your wife over. She'll get the best of you somehow.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 18 Sep 2011, 20:02

Glad you liked it patty. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 18 Sep 2011, 20:09

Great joke cindigirl, love HS games my girls were in Marching Band had a hoot going to games and contest!

MGK, wish I had some grass to take care of after the drought here in Texas all my grass is dead. We finally got a good soaking rain on Friday turned my yards to a muddy playground for the dogs.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 18 Sep 2011, 20:14

Hi Lucy, I talked to my girlfriend in Texas today. She said they finally got some rain but only about 2 inches fell. She's in Frisco, just north of Dallas. Hope you Texans get some rain soon.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sun 18 Sep 2011, 21:50

Lucy, our grass was dead and crunchy but we got that rain from TS Lee so its ok again. Hope you guys get some relief soon.

LoL at the joke, Cindi.

MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 18 Sep 2011, 22:19

Anther joke my girlfriend sent me: She's got a ton of 'em. LOL

A Priest and a Rabbi were sitting next to each other on an airplane.
After a while, the Priest turned to the Rabbi and asked, "Is it still a requirement of your faith that you not eat pork?" The Rabbi responded, "Yes, that is still one of our laws."
The Priest then asked, "Have you ever eaten pork?"
To which the Rabbi replied, "Yes, on one occasion I did succumb to temptation and tasted a ham sandwich."
The Priest nodded in understanding and went on with his reading.

A while later, the Rabbi spoke up and asked the Priest, "Father, is it still a requirement of your church that you remain celibate?"
The Priest replied, "Yes, that is still very much a part of our faith."
The Rabbi then asked him, "Father, have you ever fallen to the temptations of the flesh?"
The Priest replied, "Yes, Rabbi, on one occasion I was weak and broke my faith." The Rabbi nodded understandingly and remained silent, thinking, for about five minutes.

Finally, the Rabbi said, "Beats the shit out of a ham sandwich, doesn't it?"

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Sep 2011, 23:25

LOL!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next