George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Poking fun at Amals shoe wear
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Sep 2024, 19:34 by benex

» Aston Martin Vanquish, una presentazione da grande cinema
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Sep 2024, 18:29 by benex

» People Mag: 13 photos of George and Brad over the years
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Sep 2024, 11:11 by annemariew

» George and Amal Clooney Light Up Wolfs Premiere Carpet in Chic Date Night Looks
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 EmptyWed 04 Sep 2024, 17:20 by benex

» Venezia Red Carpet Wolfs Streaming
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 EmptyMon 02 Sep 2024, 20:18 by benex

» Brad & George double date in Venice 2024 (People mag)
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 EmptySun 01 Sep 2024, 20:43 by annemariew

» Amal Clooney arrive à la soirée Cartier
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 EmptySun 01 Sep 2024, 19:48 by benex

» George and Brad's Wolfs salary
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 EmptySun 01 Sep 2024, 17:19 by annemariew

» George arrive in Venice
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 EmptySat 31 Aug 2024, 19:04 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED

+49
Luca
Love hides in his hair.
Stonehenge who?
ace
Way2Old4Dis
Cece42
Pita428
Margaret
JJ2
fava
Maggy
Rach Clooney
erik23
silly willy
Rose
Lighterside
isogotit
Atalante
Missa
Katiedot
sparkie
Bidbod
Carla97
Boshkash
Pari
jd68
Sevens
playfuldeb
Mazy
justpassinthrough
Alisonfan
LornaDoone
iamnoone
annemarie
Butterfly
melbert
hathaross
lelacorb
theminis
ktsue2002
What Would He Say
babygirl2
silly girl
LizzyNY
Picachu
Joanna
party animal - not!
Nicky80
Catie
53 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:39

George has said he would not run for office too many skeletons in his closet. He would know better he has no private life now that would be a night mare.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED

Post by What Would He Say Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:45

scratch 

I see you are all making wedding plans while I was out... well hate to burst your bubbles BUT...

George is almost 75 proof Irish and here is how it goes... The longer a bachelor leaves it, the longer the engagement. So we are looking at 52/53 that according to my Irish Bachelor App is a seven year engagement. No rush to book the band 'eh. I did a quick deduction for his non- Irish bits,(they are very small by comparison) but still 7 years!

A near relative of mine, a lovely lady, was engaged to be married 4 times one engagement lasted 22 years. She died wondering, as they say.

Then there is that inflatable female fantasist inside me that says "What if it's all a prank?" He did say he was working on a biggy to get Tina and Co; maybe they were asked to be The Bridesmaids last week. OR maybe Amal pranked George and just got the biggest ring in Walmarts and stuck it on the appropriate spot... aha.

RESPECT.... Wink
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:49

Oh dear....wwhs has been at the Irish 
Hooch cupboard again.    Drink 2 

Never mind dear, a long lay down in a darkened room 
 will make everything seem better again.

LOL!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:50

I think Amal is pregos, that would explain why she lost weigh.

Soon we'll see a little baby bump.

(I want a girl, fingers crossed she will look like her mom)
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:55

Oh good Lord! Let's hope that's NOT the reason!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:57

People are just grasping at straws out of desperation
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:58

WWHS - Hasn't last night worn off yet?!!  LOL! 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:59

Lorna....I think Maggy is with wwhs and they've found the secret Irish Hooch cupboard now.
Methinks it's going to be a long night for some.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:00

He has never stated he is interested in public office (the oppositi in fact), and frankly if he is, he should know how to handle a situation like the Steve Wynn one better. I don't think he would ever win anyway--too polarizing and too much of a "Hollywood" liberal.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:08

what kind of irish hooch is it? jameisons? I've always had a soft spot for glenmorangie m'self but its beyond my budget right now!

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:11

I mentioned that in another post I made. I think that is why the sudden plans, me think
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:15

@ iamnoone, after the first Poitín.... you can't remember the rest.

@Lizzy just topping up Smile

After 3 Poitín's and you really don't care, even if Stan got engaged to George.... Very Happy Shocked Very Happy
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:16

playfuldeb wrote:I mentioned that in another post I made. I think that is why the sudden plans, me think

I've missed something... what did you mean Play?
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:18

But please don't add Absinthe, girls!!

Celebitchy now have 240 odd comments attached to the news - and Perez Hilton has a giant heart and a Yay!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:19

Do you think Amal will let him have his bike trip to Ireland?... I volunteer to be the eyes in the back of her head.... I'm close and cheap!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:22

I don't think Amal will wait seven years for a wedding I also don't see George waiting that long.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:23

Ok ladies, lets please stay on topic, which is George and Amal are engaged!!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:24

I think it's very unlikely Amal is pregnant. If George were capable of impregnating a woman, at this point there'd be dozens of little Georgies running around all over the world. He dated too many gold diggers for someone not to have tried an "oops" moment.  

I'm not sure why there has to be some underlying motive behind the engagement.  Neither of them is in their twenties; it's not their first time at the rodeo.  At this point in their lives they know what they want in a partner, and probably don't see any point in dilly-dallying when they've found it.  Warren Beatty followed a similar dating pattern and he's now been married for over 20 years; in fact, he was 55 when he married.  No reason the same can't be true for George.

My guess would be a non-denominational, quick ceremony (George isn't religious and I doubt he decide to spend his life with someone who was extremely so).  The reception, on the other hand, may go on for days.Wink

I hope they follow the Beyonce/JayZ model of never even confirming their engagement until the wedding is over.  I would bet the wedding happens very quickly, if only because I'd imagine he'd want to avoid Amal being stalked all the time.  He's usually in Italy by his birthday, right?  Maybe it'll happen sooner than we think.  In fact, maybe the recent boys-only weekend in Cabo was a low-key bachelor party?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:26

I hope the ring is gorgeous and George did a good job picking it. I would hate to see something like Brad has come up with with both his engagements.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:34

party animal - not! wrote:I think it's one of the Ferrer brothers, Gabriel, who's married to Debbie Boone.......but don't hold me to that.

you are correct PA-N.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:49

I believe I remember correctly that Brad designed the rings he gave his wives.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:53

what would he say wrote:
playfuldeb wrote:I mentioned that in another post I made. I think that is why the sudden plans, me think

I've missed something... what did you mean Play?

From page 3 of this thread "Maybe she accidentally got pregnant and George is doing the right thing? Oh Boy! There is another rumor to take shape !! "

But (siiigh) I feel so ignored at times, like above !! NOT !!! (giggle)
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:58

I could see His Nibs and Amal choosing the ring together - I think he'd hate to get it wrong!! Altho if he chose the earrings he has brilliant taste!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 23:01

pan,wwhs n' all I started an irish hooch thread in party in the kitchen forum. I'd like to continue our conversation about said subject without derailing the topic of THIS thread.

I hope there's a picture of the ring somewhere, and no i agree I seriously doubt she's pregnant.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 28 Apr 2014, 00:21

@ iamnoone.... absolutely....

My biggest concern with George and Amal getting engaged IS will my Funbucket (George) turn all serious and grouchy and old for his age.  Will Funbucket never download another Fart App, or forge friends stationary... no more pooing in the litter tray, no more skinny dipping by moon light or jumping in the lake in your best bib and tucker just for fun!

DARLING FUNBUCKET.... don't change, don't fade away.....X Sad X
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 28 Apr 2014, 00:24

He's been dating Amal since at least October and pulled a prank on Tina Fey and Amy Poehler during the time he's been with her.  I don't think funbucket George is going away any time soon.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Mon 28 Apr 2014, 00:28

lorna & wwhs I hope he keeps his giggly inner little boy active too, keeps the pranks etc.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 28 Apr 2014, 00:28

Nice article in the Sydney Morning Herald. They've managed to talk to Geoffrey Robertson QC who recruited Amal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 6 Empty George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged ???

Post by JJ2 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 00:32

This is on the Comcast front page. Don't know if its true or not as I haven't been following the news on this gal. This was posted Friday April 26, 2014.

George Clooney Engaged to Amal Alamuddin After Whirlwind Courtship
Loading... Share No Thanks Must Read?Thank YouYes     0 Email Story Print Natalie Finn and Melanie Bromley, eonline
20 hours ago

entertainment-eonline-20140427-b535153
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin
Never say never!

George Clooney is engaged to lawyer Amal Alamuddin after barely seven months of dating, according to People .

E! news has learned from two separate sources that the two are headed to the altar. Clooney's British ladylove was first spotted flashing a "massive" ring on her left ring finger Thursday, while dining at Malibu restaurant Nobu with Cindy Crawford and her husband Rande Gerber, one source told E! News.

In the middle of dinner that evening, the couple told pal Edward Norton "we're engaged!" when he approached their table. The actor went on to congratulate them with kisses.

The handsome couple were first romantically linked in October when they looked cozy at a dinner party together, the pair presumably bonding over their shared concern for global human rights and work with the United Nations.

This will be the second trip down the aisle for the 52-year-old Clooney, who was married to Talia Blasam from 1989 to 1993—after which he vowed never to do such a thing again. Or so the Hollywood legend goes.

PHOTOS: George Clooney's lady friends through the years

"I haven't had aspirations in that way, ever," the Oscar-winning director and producer  told  Esquire  last year, setting the record straight. "I was married in 1989. I wasn't very good at it. I was quoted as saying I'll never get married again pretty much right after I got divorced and then I've never talked about it since."

Clooney has been almost as famous for his serial monogamy as his varied work on the big and small screens. He last dated Stacy Keibler for two years before they amicably called it quits last July. She is  expecting her first child with husband Jared Pobre, whom she married last month.

And now Clooney's relationship status is no longer up in the air.

He and Alamuddin vacationed in the Seychelles together in March  and went on safari in Tanzania before returning to the States for your average lounge-and-restaurant date nights in New York and Los Angeles.

Alamuddin, who was born in Lebanon and grew up in Great Britain, is already a hit with Clooney's nearest and dearest, too. They were spotted grabbing sushi with Emily Blunt and John Krasinski a few weeks ago.

NEWS: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt

Looks like she passed the friends test!

Shortly after they first sparked speculation about the nature of their relationship, Clooney's longtime rep, Stan Rosenfield, assured inquiring minds that  the pair were just friends . (And that Clooney wasn't dating  Katie Holmes or anyone else he happened to be mentioned in the same sentence with at the time.)

"He wants Amal to be able to prosecute cases without being hassled because she had one dinner with George and four others," Rosenfield said. "I even asked George if these rumors were true and he said he never comments on his private life, but in the interest of stopping the harassment of all three of these women, he felt he should."

Congratulations to George and his future bride!

PHOTOS: Celeb weddings we can't wait for

© 2014 E! Entertainment Television, Inc. All rights reserved., [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by LornaDoone on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 00:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved new post on same topic to previously posted thread on the same topic)

JJ2
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Mon 28 Apr 2014, 00:52

what would he say wrote:scratch 

I see you are all making wedding plans while I was out... well hate to burst your bubbles BUT...

George is almost 75 proof Irish and here is how it goes... The longer a bachelor leaves it, the longer the engagement. So we are looking at 52/53 that according to my Irish Bachelor App is a seven year engagement. No rush to book the band 'eh. I did a quick deduction for his non- Irish bits,(they are very small by comparison) but still 7 years!

A near relative of mine, a lovely lady, was engaged to be married 4 times one engagement lasted 22 years. She died wondering, as they say.

Then there is that inflatable female fantasist inside me that says "What if it's all a prank?" He did say he was working on a biggy to get Tina and Co; maybe they were asked to be The Bridesmaids last week. OR maybe Amal pranked George and just got the biggest ring in Walmarts and stuck it on the appropriate spot... aha.

RESPECT.... Wink

I was thinking the same thing, that she brought herself a ring to force him to marry her. I feel sorry for him as he doesn't know what he has gotten himself into with her. With the things that her mother has been posting on facebook calling him her son-in-law. her mother has planned this for a long time. it wouldn't surprise me if she is pregnant as he would do the right thing by her.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 28 Apr 2014, 00:58

OMG! Now SHE bought her own ring?

People let's get off Fantasy Island - please!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 28 Apr 2014, 01:02

@Lorna & WWHS -I don't think he could stop pranking if he tried. It's too much a part of who he is. She'd better get used to whoopie cushions and all the rest or she'll be walking on eggshells forever, waiting for the next prank to happen. Wasn't there an ex-gf who said he wasn't allowed to prank her? Now she's an ex. Could that be why?

@Margaret - I seriously doubt she bought herself a ring to force his hand.Imo, that would be all he needed to kick her out the door. How freakin manipulative! He'd never put up with that. And if her mother is really going crazy on Facebook, someone should (and probably will) tell her to cool it. He'll have a fit.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 01:04

Oh man, first George gets engaged, now Lorna kicks us off Fantasy Island.....this weekend just sucks!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 28 Apr 2014, 01:09

Bought her own ring what, this is getting really ridiculous. George is in love and proposed he gave her a ring. As for her mother calling him her son in law he nearly is.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 01:10

I just hope he is happy.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 01:19

It looks like poor George will have to marry her, other wise her Father and Mother will hunt him down. He will never find a place to hide. LOL

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 28 Apr 2014, 02:40

Now here's a slightly different headline from Forbes magazine:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 28 Apr 2014, 02:45

............the Enron connection!........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:15

Looks like a friend of Mama Baria is confirming it on her FB page.
Pita428
Pita428

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:17

Mom said she can't comment , it is very private.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:22

So how did Amal Alamuddin tame George Clooney? By playing VERY hard to get
By NATALIE CLARKE

PUBLISHED: 00:23 GMT, 28 April 2014 | UPDATED: 03:20 GMT, 28 April 2014
Just how does a girl pull off an engagement to the most eligible man in the world, whose name is synonymous with the words heart-throb and commitment-phobe?

Ask Amal Alamuddin, a beautiful and brilliant barrister, who is reported to have done just that with George Clooney.

As an adviser to former UN Secretary general Kofi Annan, now the special envoy to Syria, no doubt her knowledge on the subject of the war there impressed Clooney, who is a highly vocal political campaigner.
But according to one well-informed source, what clinched it for Miss Alamuddin was not her vision for world peace but the strategy she deployed when Clooney pursued her.

It was the oldest trick in the book: she played hard to get.

‘Clooney asked her out for dinner and she put him off twice, saying she was too busy, before accepting the third time,’ said  the source.

‘She was operating on the lines of “treat ‘em mean, keep ‘em keen” and clearly it worked. Clooney was beguiled by her and she had the upper hand.

‘What he likes about her is that she treats him normally. He’s so used to being fawned over that it’s refreshing for him. And of course she is a brilliant human rights lawyer – but quite an operator too, you might say. She has met a whole bunch of A-listers through him and is seemingly quite cool about it, though you suspect she’s loving it.’

And while an engagement within seven months is swift by most standards, it is astonishing by Clooney’s.
Until now, it seemed Clooney was destined to go through life with an interchangeable mix of models, actresses and cocktail waitresses – and most recently, Stacy Keibler, a female wrestler – on his arm.

But he will be 53 next month and perhaps even he has grown tired of saying he will never marry again. From 2000, there was periodic speculation that Clooney would marry another Brit, Lisa Snowdon.

But now he could finally make it down the aisle again with Miss Alamuddin.

Photographs of the actor and his girlfriend on holiday in Tanzania last month, decked out like a pair of extras in Raiders of the Lost Ark, certainly bear witness to assertions they are smitten with each other.

After Tanzania, the couple relaxed in the Seychelles and visited New York for a romantic stay at the Carlyle Hotel. Then they are said to have flown out to Dubai together, where George met Miss Alamuddin’s family.

Yesterday, her mother, Baria, said: ‘I’m  so sorry but I can’t comment. She is my daughter and you understand it is  very private.’
But maybe not for much longer.

According to a friend, Miss Alamuddin is very sociable and great at networking.

‘She goes to all the right parties,’ said the friend. ‘She’s assiduous at making the right connections.’

As a specialist in international and human rights law, her list of high-profile clients includes WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, in his fight against extradition to Sweden where he is accused of sex offences.

Whether Miss Alamuddin has had any other serious relationships is not known.

When she topped a list of London’s most beautiful barristers last year, she was described thus: ‘Amo, Amas, Amal. These are three short words that come to mind when thinking about this dazzling beauty.’

According to a friend, she is a ‘man’s woman’, forthright in her opinions, and hugely ambitious.

Clearly, she is a woman who draws attention wherever she goes. If – and it is a big if – she does become Mrs Clooney, there will be a great deal more attention.

Somehow you suspect that she won’t  mind  a bit.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sevens on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 06:45; edited 2 times in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:24

Hi everyone. I am happy for him, but I am still waiting for him to say it. I am not going hunting for answers since I believe he will eventually let us know the truth.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:29

Part of me still really wants to go back to our "Are they breaking up" argument. Oh well, congrats George and Amal!!! Please don't forget about your fans George. We love you too.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:30

Asked about the engagement news yesterday, her parents' housekeeper beamed a large smile and said: 'I don't know.' But a neighbour said: 'I'm really happy for her – who wouldn't be happy with George Clooney as their husband?'

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:37

Carmen Pedrosa is the woman's name I tried to post a link, but I AM clueless, sorry.
Pita428
Pita428

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:42

The Mail were claiming they were engaged, the article is about how she hooked him, and yet they end the article with "if - and it's a big if -she becomes Mrs. Clooney". A little schizophrenic, don't you think? All the media outlets are hedging their bets in case it doesn't happen or it isn't true. They seem as confused as we are. I wish they'd announce it already.

They also, imo, paint her as much more savvy and ambitious than before. Knows how to network, goes to the right parties, etc..Seems she's not quite so sheltered and inexperienced as she appeared before.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:45

And the dirt digging begins in ernest
Pita428
Pita428

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:51

I feel we need to laugh. These made me laugh.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:54

Those were funny.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 28 Apr 2014, 05:20

Missa wrote:So I think there are quite a few of us here who should take our moment to..."gloat" might not be the right word, but something close to it.  How many times did we say over the last few years, "If only George would find a woman that doesn't need his connections, someone who's successful in her own right, someone outside Hollywood, that would be the girl for him."  And look, seven months after beginning to date that woman, they're engaged!  

I also want to point out that when we had that picture of the notary public at George's house earlier this year, and I joked he was notarizing their pre-nup - gonna assume that was true.  Wink

With no denial at this point, I think we have to be pretty certain this is true.  And that it's real - we may disagree about the real nature of his previous relationships, but there's no way he's getting engaged to a woman for publicity purpose or because of a few jokes at his expense.  (BTW, Amal's not that much older than the other girls, so this doesn't have any bearing on the joke Amy and Tina told at the Globes).  
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your words of common sense and wisdom. Just what I wanted to say, but you put it so much better than I could!

what would he say wrote:"Nothing changes here on COH" Do you hear me Ms Katie....
I hear you! I won't change anything on the forum, but I'm sure it'll change.

Just look at the nature of conversations on the board. We always claim we like George for more than just sexual reasons; "it's his film work, " we tell ourselves, "his humanitarian interests" that make him of so much interest to us etc etc etc. And yet, the threads about his humanitarian work, his films, even his interviews are deadly quiet. But never the girlfriend threads.

I can see the spike and drops in visitors to the site and I can tell you that 100% of all the increases in hits on this forum have been due to George and news about a girlfriend. Honestly speaking, I can tell you statistically that what most of us are here for is to talk about George's love life.

I don't know why that's somehow treated as a shameful secret. He's a good looking man, and it's not just his looks but his all-round appeal that makes him so attractive. I think for many of us he's a de facto boyfriend/partner albeit an imaginary one.

Which brings me to my next point:

Lighterside wrote:Seriously, all kidding aside...isn't this what everyone always wanted for him from the beginning?  I know I've read that at least 1000 times on these forums over the years.
Yep, everyone's said that and yet when he finally does date a 'suitable' woman, suddenly she's unsuitable! Why? I think it's sexual jealousy. No woman is ever going to be right for George because if we can't have him (and no, I don't think there are many on this site deluded enough to genuinely think she's got a chance of dating George) then no one can.

In the past it's always been easy to pull the girlfriend apart because of their "low level achievements", their apparent intellectual lack-of-capacity, their nude photos etc etc. These things made it really easy for the haters to sneer at.

With Amal we're going to have to try a lot harder to find reasons to dislike her, but I see that true to form we're finding some.

LizzyNY wrote: Wasn't there an ex-gf who said he wasn't allowed to prank her? Now she's an ex. Could that be why?
They're all exes.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next