George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 EmptyToday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED

+49
Luca
Love hides in his hair.
Stonehenge who?
ace
Way2Old4Dis
Cece42
Pita428
Margaret
JJ2
fava
Maggy
Rach Clooney
erik23
silly willy
Rose
Lighterside
isogotit
Atalante
Missa
Katiedot
sparkie
Bidbod
Carla97
Boshkash
Pari
jd68
Sevens
playfuldeb
Mazy
justpassinthrough
Alisonfan
LornaDoone
iamnoone
annemarie
Butterfly
melbert
hathaross
lelacorb
theminis
ktsue2002
What Would He Say
babygirl2
silly girl
LizzyNY
Picachu
Joanna
party animal - not!
Nicky80
Catie
53 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED

Post by Butterfly Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:14

hathaross wrote:Every page says the same.. I guess we will have to wait.

If it´s true, I will need a hugeeee shoulder to cry  Sad  I will be happy knowing that he is happy  Rolling Eyes but there are too many years and we are used to girlfriends, not fiance´s or a wife. That changes everything!!!

Hathaross, you will always have my shoulder.... Sad I love you 
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED

Post by silly girl Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:20

I thought like Nicky this was a way to quiet the fight stories but it looks like it is true...

Gossip Cop is now a 5.....

Last edited by silly girl on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added thought)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:20

Butterfly wrote:
hathaross wrote:Every page says the same.. I guess we will have to wait.

If it´s true, I will need a hugeeee shoulder to cry  Sad  I will be happy knowing that he is happy  Rolling Eyes but there are too many years and we are used to girlfriends, not fiance´s or a wife. That changes everything!!!

Hathaross, you will always have my shoulder.... Sad I love you 

Aaaawww  Hug1 Sad Sad 
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:29

An English Traditional Song.....

All together now....1.....2.....3.....
"Why Are We Waiting ?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:32

Stan didn't deny it so maybe there is some truth to this rumor. If it is true I wish them all the best .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:35

silly girl wrote:I thought like Nicky this was a way to quiet the fight stories but it looks like it is true...

Sorry SG...what does that mean please ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:37

if its true they have my best wishes, just want to point out this is coming out within a few days of a solar eclipse (4/29) so things could take a few twists and turns.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:39

Joanna wrote:
silly girl wrote:I thought like Nicky this was a way to quiet the fight stories but it looks like it is true...

Sorry SG...what does that mean please ?

Jo, theminis posted earlier this link from Gossip cop

At the time theminis posted the link the rumor was rated on 3 (click on link) and now on 5...we getting a higher number hahaha
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:42

i knew there was a reason I woke up in a pissy mood today.  And now this confirms the reason.  I must have felt the ripples of despair in the Clooney Fan World.

Oh well, like I said, if he does decide to marry her then I hope she's ready to walk away from her career cause there is no way they can have a marriage where each is based in different parts of the world and George would be crazy to move to the UK.

Sorry nothing against the folks in the UK but your tax structure sucks.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:44

People just confirmed it

[size=32]George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged[/size]

His bachelor days are over! 

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are engaged. 

A source with knowledge of the situation confirms Clooney popped the question and tells PEOPLE, "George and Amal are trying to keep things very low-key but they also aren't really trying to hide this, it doesn't seem. I think it's like they want the people they love to know that this is real, that they plan on being together forever." 

On Thursday, the pair were spotted at Malibu hot spot Nobu with Cindy Crawford and husband Rande Gerber, who are longtime pals of Clooney's. At the dinner, Alamuddin had a conspicuous ring on her left ring finger, a different source tells PEOPLE. 

In addition, two sources say that witnesses at another L.A. restaurant, Craig's, reported seeing the pair apparently celebrating their engagement with friends on Wednesday night, with Alamuddin sporting a "huge ring," according to one. 

A rep for the actor has only said, "I don't comment on my client's personal life." 

Clooney, 52, and Alamuddin, 36, a Britishattorney who specializes in international law and human rights, were first photographed stepping out together in London in October. The two have sincebeen spotted embarking on romantic, globe-trotting jaunts. 

In March, the two went on a trip to Tanzania, where they were snapped getting cozy during a safari, and they also visited the Seychelles. 

A few days later, the couple stepped out together in New York City for dinner at a French restaurant. 

Earlier this year, a source who has worked with Clooney told PEOPLE: "He's with someone who is a very accomplished attorney. She isn't someone who is pursuing a career in acting or entertainment. She's on his level."

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added text)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:46

I still say don't waist the Kleenex until it is 100 percent positive.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:47

Ok....... then...... CRYING
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:47

I saw a tweet recently that cracked me up.

Something about a guy saying,  "I liked it so I put a ring on it. Then it got 'sick of my bullshit' and took my house. Thanks a lot for the advice, Beyoncé."

Watch out George she's a lawyer.  Make sure you've got a kick ass pre-nup!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:49

And not because I´m not happy for them, because.. I don´t know... this is so different to what we have know.... I didn´t expected at all.... we don´t know too much about her like the others ones (maybe because she really meants to him).
I need a hug  Sad Sad 
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:49

LOL Lorna.... funny HAHAHAH

I think it is time ...I moved this thread to the news section and changed the title a bit to make it more clear. If this rumor is just a rumor we can just move it back...
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:50

Lorna....I don't think the UK tax system would affect George if he didn't earn here. 
But I'm no tax expert, just a PAYE Pensioner. Lol

Hope you feel better soon gal.   flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:50

To be honest,Lorna, if they want it to work it will, They have the world at their fingertips (and I'm sure houses in many other places we know nothing about.

In any case Como is only two hours away from London.........less time than many commutes

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:54

Nick Clooney was right, he said in an interview years ago when George met the right woman she would knock him on his but or something to that affect . Dad definitely knew best.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:57

OK. It's real now. I am still a huge fan. HELL YES!!! Congrats to them both. I say lift a glass to the second ex wife of George Clooney. Joke. Kidding. Bitter grapes require a joke for easy swallowing.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:58

Nick Clooney is a very intelligent man, and knows his son better than any women. He must be thrilled.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 26 Apr 2014, 23:58

Good point pan.

Oh well it had to happen someday. 

But I'm waiting for the pictures of the ring.

Why didn't they just hire People to get the "Exclusive Photos" and save everyone the speculation?

Seems an official announcement would have been more appropriate.

(Unless George hasn't finished calling ALL of his exes to make sure they heard it from him first!) brahahahaha

Reminds me of a Doris Day and Rock Hudson movie where Rock is calling all of his old flames to tell them personally he's getting married.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:00

I have one more statement. THIS SEEMS WAY TOO RUSHED. This is totally not like him. I think this may be one case where he will end up broken hearted.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:04

I don't think its too rushed, George has dated a lot of women and at his age he should know what he wants and needs in a women. I think he finally found it and is ready to start life with her at his side.We also don't know how long he has been seeing Amal. I also know when you know you know it seems silly but its true.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:06

I still think, oh who am I kidding, my George is engaged. That is happy and sad at the same time.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:08

George is engaged, George is engaged..... it sounds so weird.... It seems that life has changed forever from this moment. Not only to them.

BTW, I need a hug  Sad 
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:10

And if it is not true... I don´t know what I´m gonnna tell to people.com !!
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:10

well again if its true I hope they are happy. but the timing seems a bit close to wynn's comments about the alleged fight over obama, along with stacey's pregnancy. I hate sounding so suspicious!

I'm sure it'll all be clear soon.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:10

Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1 

enough hugs for you hathaross  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:11

Good for him now I really wanna see the ring.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:12

I need a big hug.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:13

can i ask why people are expecting a big announcement from George saying he is engaged? He doesnt have to make any announcement, as long as family and friends know then why should he feel he need to broadcast it to anyone else.

i said earlier i thought it was rushed but then a friend reminded me of someone we knew who met her husband and within a week were engaged and 6 months married, they have just celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary.

I will add i am very happy for them both and wish them a long and happy future together and a wee George junior would be lovely Smile

Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:13

Nicky80 wrote:Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1  Hug1 

enough hugs for you hathaross  Very Happy

Aaaw so cute, thank you!! There is no nobody of my friends to give me a hug  Laughing 
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:16

sending virtual hugs, hot tea brownies & cookies to all those who are wounded/hurting by the news...including hathaross Smile

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:17

Well, if they're chatting to people at other tables in a restaurant, it wasn't likely to stay secret for long. On Cloud Nine I expect, and not bothered if it gets out eventually Maybe an official announcement is a bit too royal!! Not really his style...........

Very nice of the Gerbers to leave Cabo early.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged ???

Post by justpassinthrough Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:18

I believe everything I read on the internet.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:18

Picachu wrote:i said earlier i thought it was rushed but then a friend reminded me of someone we knew who met her husband and within a week were engaged and 6 months married, they have just celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary.

His father asked her mother to marry him on the first date and they are still married.
It´s not the usual but it may happen and have a more succesful marriage than other ones that waited years to marry
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:19

For all those who are happy and excited, please contain your excitement. We have some broken hearts here.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:23

My husband just said something that is true he said they are engaged not marred.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:26

well i hope its not a long engagement, i hate those, if you ask someone to marry you then marry, dont leave it x amount of years.

and for the ladies here who are heart broken, please try and be happy for him, he is happy and thats what matters  Hug1 
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:29

Feeling very schizophrenic right now - Want him to be happy - even happily married - but still have reservations about this.
News programs here all reporting he "may" be engaged. None of them confirming it for sure - but they must think it's reliable or they wouldn't bother reporting it. Sad 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:31

I'm waiting to go to my bed here in UK, but keep coming  back here to see if there's a definitive quote.

I'm  H A P P Y  for George if he has indeed
found his true mate.

I understand if some are upset and send you

Give Flowers   and   Hug1 and more   Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:32

I am lightly upset but if I were totally honest, I would have to say that it doesn't matter if he is engaged or not. He still represents a good place in my heart as he and his work kept me going when I was dealing with my dialysis treatments. He and I share the same birthday, and I will love him forever for being that thing that kept me from giving up during a tough time. So, I was joking before, but I am choosing to be happy for him. I still need a hug though.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:36

Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 

to everyone that hurts.....

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:37

Joanna wrote:I'm waiting to go to my bed here in UK, but keep coming  back here to see if there's a definitive quote.

I'm  H A P P Y  for George if he has indeed
found his true mate.

I understand if some are upset and send you

Give Flowers   and   Hug1 and more   Give Flowers

Same here....it is getting way too late for me....I think I will got to bed soon  Zzzzz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:39

Picachu wrote:for the ladies here who are heart broken, please try and be happy for him, he is happy and thats what matters

I am very very happy for him!!!! He has to be really in love Very Happy

I´m heart broken because I didn´t expected this to happen... we didn´t see her with him in public events, we haven´t have time to know more about her, but it makes sense now... she is not as the other ones. ( I have say before but my feelings are because I started loving him a very young age and I lived things differently (the teenagers crushes), and that feeling is still there despite the years)

I don´t know what I have but when I saw her the first time, when they were already dating, I had a strange feeling that I didn´t have with the others girlfriends.... and now I know why.

I really really happy if she is the one. George will enjoy new things, he will have a partner to share everything Smile Rolling Eyes

Last edited by hathaross on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:43; edited 3 times in total
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:39

justpassinthrough wrote:I believe everything I read on the internet.

LMAO!  funny!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:40

I imagine that the newsrooms of all the entertainment programmes are now going berserk ahead of broadcast times!! Many many photos of ex girlfriends...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:41

I´m so glad there is this "house" right now....  Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:41

i was laughing at what justpassinthrough said too lornadoone! LOLOLOL!

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:43

Me too....but wasn't sure if this was a joke or real HAHA
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next