George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Open Letter to George Clooney
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 EmptyToday at 13:53 by Theodor

» Let's Convince George to run for President!
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024, 15:27 by LizzyNY

» An open letter to George Clooney
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 22:48 by LizzyNY

» Chit Chat 2022
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 12:45 by Ida

» joe-biden-drops-out-2024-election-presidential-race-7555388
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 01:00 by annemariew

» Topical piece about George and his politics
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Jul 2024, 19:42 by annemariew

» George calls for Joe Biden to drop out
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2024, 20:44 by LizzyNY

» Lifetime Achievements
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2024, 13:23 by Odysseus

» Biden at George fundraiser instead of Zelensky
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 EmptySun 07 Jul 2024, 13:28 by LizzyNY

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED

+49
Luca
Love hides in his hair.
Stonehenge who?
ace
Way2Old4Dis
Cece42
Pita428
Margaret
JJ2
fava
Maggy
Rach Clooney
erik23
silly willy
Rose
Lighterside
isogotit
Atalante
Missa
Katiedot
sparkie
Bidbod
Carla97
Boshkash
Pari
jd68
Sevens
playfuldeb
Mazy
justpassinthrough
Alisonfan
LornaDoone
iamnoone
annemarie
Butterfly
melbert
hathaross
lelacorb
theminis
ktsue2002
What Would He Say
babygirl2
silly girl
LizzyNY
Picachu
Joanna
party animal - not!
Nicky80
Catie
53 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 14:48

Thanks Melbert for sharing  cheers 

What was the joke at the end about something flying over NY?? I didn't understand that word.....
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged - CONFIRMED

Post by melbert Sun 27 Apr 2014, 14:51

There is a saying here that when you know something will NEVER happen, you say "yeah, when pigs fly".  So she said "pigs have been spotted flying over NY".

Last edited by melbert on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 14:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed the actual wording...)
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Sun 27 Apr 2014, 14:51

Do I say wow, or rebound, or congratulations. Not sure if I'm happy for them or not because I m really not feeling her with GC.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Sun 27 Apr 2014, 14:53

HA! Could she be pregnant??

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 14:53

melbert wrote:There is a saying here that when you know something will NEVER happen, you say "yeah, when pigs fly".  So she said "we'll be looking for pigs flying over NY".
ah pigs she said...ok thanks for explaining  Hug1
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 15:06

sparkie wrote:
playfuldeb wrote:I wonder if this has anything to do with the comments made by Tina Fey at that awards show she hosted. About George's past GFs.

I wonder if this isnt a mutual convenience ploy for each of them. She can use him to further her career and he can use her to further his political activism efforts?

Bingo!!!!

Sorry gals, going to disagree here. George doesn't need to marry someone to help him further his political activism efforts. She might see a bump in her career but really, if George asked her to marry him it's for one simple fact -- he's in love with her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

See I think George is much more traditional when it comes to marriage than most people think. That is, that for HIM, when he decided to get married again, it would be to someone who he not only trusted but also someone who he felt he could be happy with for the rest of his life.

Amal seems to fit the ticket. I just hope she tones down her anti-Israel stance. More diplomacy on her part will definitely be in order so as to not cause issues for George.

JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 15:10

yep agree....And even though they only date since few month in public I can imagine they know each other much longer to build that trust and comfort.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 27 Apr 2014, 15:22

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 

I have read a lot on here today and my deepest wish is not so much for George and Amal, I'm sure their phones are red hot today with congratulations ect;

My deepest wish is;

"Nothing changes here on COH" Do you hear me Ms Katie....

We as the COH community are bigger than any "engagement"  doh...

George is the rope that binds us, but it is all our unique opinions that keeps me coming back time and again.

We ALL bring something to the table, we agree, we disagree, sometimes tipsy, sometimes sad ..... Always human, not what you would expect from Virtual friends!

George, well he is George, we will, I hope, be here if the camel dung hits the fan, or if a beautiful baby Nina/Mohammed comes his lucky way.

Always here, Always friends, Always fans....WITH STRONG BLOODY OPINIONS XXX
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 15:33

I just hope she tones down her anti-Israel stance.  More diplomacy on her part will definitely be in order so as to not cause issues for George.

JMO

US media tends to view anyone that is for an independent Palestine as anti-Israel. One does not equal the other. Being Lebanese she most likely has a very good understanding of the situation as Lebanon was and continues to be effected by the conflict.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Apr 2014, 15:41

I've been trying for weeks to figure out what it is about her that bothers me. Now, thanks to Lorna  Give Flowers  , I think I know what it is. It isn't so much her stance on Israel/Palestine, even though I don't aree with her, but a feeling that George may become much more involved in her world and spend less time working in films, especially acting. He's been talking about moving more behind the camera for a long time. This could be the start of a career move that takes him behind the scenes with much less public exposure. He deserves a happy private life, but I'd miss him a lot. Sad

WWHS has worked her mind reading magic again! Very Happy  I will keep coming here for all the reasons she said, even if George doesn't give us a lot to talk about. There are many other things that bring us together that are even more important.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 27 Apr 2014, 15:47

Thanks Lizzy.... x

BTW did you feel my hangover today, it was big enough to photograph, if only I could hold the camera steady.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 15:47

I don't think it will change much. 

George will continue doing his work he loves movies. He will still give us a lot to talk about just as an engaged man (if it's true)  cheers And COH will always be the way it is.....Everyone relax  Cool
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Apr 2014, 15:57

WWHS - Woke up with a doozy of a headache this morning. If that was you, thanks a lot! sarcasm 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 27 Apr 2014, 16:04

LizzyNY wrote:I've been trying for weeks to figure out what it is about her that bothers me. Now, thanks to Lorna  Give Flowers  , I think I know what it is. It isn't so much her stance on Israel/Palestine, even though I don't aree with her, but a feeling that George may become much more involved in her world and spend less time working in films, especially acting. He's been talking about moving more behind the camera for a long time. This could be the start of a career move that takes him behind the scenes with much less public exposure. He deserves a happy private life, but I'd miss him a lot. Sad

WWHS has worked her mind reading magic again! Very Happy  I will keep coming here for all the reasons she said, even if George doesn't give us a lot to talk about. There are many other things that bring us together that are even more important.
Well I don't think his professional move can be affected much by his personal status. We've seen a lot of couples in Hollywood even in every business support each other's career over the years. A healthy marriage can be a major boost for his career too, if they work it out very well. Very Happy
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 27 Apr 2014, 16:22

Well having been around for more years than I care to think about, I am happy to see that he finally took our advice after years and years of reading it on every George forum and found someone who can't be viewed naked from every angle on the internet!

Seriously, all kidding aside...isn't this what everyone always wanted for him from the beginning?  I know I've read that at least 1000 times on these forums over the years. It's nice to know that he's found someone to love and cherish, who will be there through thick and thin and have his back and best interest at heart and not focused on the next photo op.

Cheers to them for a long and happy marriage!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 27 Apr 2014, 16:33

@ Lighter.... well put, yes it is what we all want for him and he so deserves it....

But truth to tell, any lawyer just not this Lawyer, any beauty with brains just not this one, and God forgive me I DON"T KNOW WHY!!!

But decision made, I'm right behind him, just a little crestfallen and very apprehensive and I DON"T KNOW WHY!!!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 16:41

Lighterside wrote:Well having been around for more years than I care to think about, I am happy to see that he finally took our advice after years and years of reading it on every George forum and found someone who can't be viewed naked from every angle on the internet!

Seriously, all kidding aside...isn't this what everyone always wanted for him from the beginning?  I know I've read that at least 1000 times on these forums over the years. It's nice to know that he's found someone to love and cherish, who will be there through thick and thin and have his back and best interest at heart and not focused on the next photo op.

Cheers to them for a long and happy marriage!

I am still a bit hurt that he is doing in such a close fashion. However, I hate her right now (Well not really. I don't hate anyone), but give me some time, she will grow on me.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 16:42

well here comes the badly written articles with hackneyed, cliched phrases " the girl that tamed george clooney" tamed? *pffffffffffffffffffffffft* i detest articles like that. neither tamed anyone. apparently they found they had a lot in common, and loved each other.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Sun 27 Apr 2014, 16:44

I admire George actor, so don t care if he gets married, but for me this marriage is arranged. I doubt a confirmed bachelor would change his mind. I think this is part of an agreement to stifle the rumors that he is homosexual. Rock Hudson has already done this in the past.
the rumors are getting stronger about his sexual condition and I think he has intention of entering politics. Amal would be the perfect wife for a politician. And of course she would also gain much from it. She's a lawyer, lawyers are very smart.

Rose
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 16:48

I stand to correct myself, they didn't use the word "girl" thank goodness, they honored her work at least by calling her the british lawyer.....

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 17:02

Angie30 wrote:I admire George actor, so don t care if he gets married, but for me this marriage is arranged. I doubt a confirmed bachelor would change his mind. I think this is part of an agreement to stifle the rumors that he is homosexual. Rock Hudson has already done this in the past.
the rumors are getting stronger  about his sexual condition and I think he has intention of entering politics. Amal would be the perfect wife for a politician. And of course she would also gain much from it. She's a lawyer, lawyers are very smart.

No way in an arranged marriage would pick Amal if he was thinking of entering politics down the road. She is associated with too many hot button issues a politician would avoid.

I think they are just in love. Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Apr 2014, 17:08

Angie30 - Gay? Hardly. (Maybe bi) He doesn't give a damn what the world thinks. If he did he'd have "arranged" a marriage a long time ago.

Politics? Never. It's really not his thing. And a pro-Palestinian wife could hardly be called an asset for an American politician. Way too controversial.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Sun 27 Apr 2014, 17:33

isogotit wrote:Do I say wow, or rebound, or congratulations. Not sure if I'm happy for them or not because I m really not feeling her with GC.

Perhaps we're not feeling her, like isogotit wrote, because we haven't seen her with him. They're not flaunting it. They've done a great job keeping this relationship private.

If the rumors are true, I suspect we'll see ALOT more of her…which makes me happy. We need to see more of George, and she's gorgeous. But I think he's stepping out of the movie biz. He makes a fortune selling coffee -- here in Germany he does!

silly willy

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Apr 2014, 17:37

I will never understand why there has to be some other reason than these two people being in love. They aren't children they are adults who have lived and I think they know what they want and have found it in each other. George has said he never thought about marriage, I think Amal changed that and also getting older.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:04

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit NBCNews.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:08

Thanks PAN, Melbert posted the video too on page 4  Very Happy . I like the last sentence about the flying pigs over NY......So they still have to be convinced  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:11

Those damn pigs flying over New York again! HA!

Hell also froze over!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:15

LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by erik23 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:16

Today I woke up with this news, but can anyone tell me if it is true that getting married? the truth is that I was very surprised. How about you you think that is true or just a rumor ........ more

erik23

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:20

erik23 this hasn't been denied by George nor his PR firm so it's pretty much a done deal.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by erik23 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:23

I think it's a rumor. are more likely to get married and I nicky80, before george, nicky80 places the dress, my life .... I love you

erik23

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:27

Oops, sorry, Nicki, I think I was really surprised that they had some different footage of Amal.......

Note to self: must concentrate

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:29

I'm sure this is real they are engaged. George would have denied it by now if it weren't true.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:30

oh boy....you are funny Erik  Razz 

PAN: it is not possible to concentrate at the moment... Give Flowers We need few more days LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by erik23 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:52

you are too funny, Nicky80 except when you translate my bad German

erik23

Back to top Go down

Post by erik23 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 18:54

but I love you like

erik23

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 19:17

what would he say wrote:Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 

I have read a lot on here today and my deepest wish is not so much for George and Amal, I'm sure their phones are red hot today with congratulations ect;

My deepest wish is;

"Nothing changes here on COH" Do you hear me Ms Katie....

We as the COH community are bigger than any "engagement"  doh...

George is the rope that binds us, but it is all our unique opinions that keeps me coming back time and again.

We ALL bring something to the table, we agree, we disagree, sometimes tipsy, sometimes sad ..... Always human, not what you would expect from Virtual friends!

George, well he is George, we will, I hope, be here if the camel dung hits the fan, or if a beautiful baby Nina/Mohammed comes his lucky way.

Always here, Always friends, Always fans....WITH STRONG BLOODY OPINIONS XXX

Good post WWHS. But I´m afraid things will change, not today but inevitably… He is engaged to be married to his better half. Life of a married man is different to a bachelor. Let alone the most known one.

Maybe less interactive site for him for privacy and protect the family. Time will tell.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach Clooney Sun 27 Apr 2014, 19:44

Does anyone know if the news has been confirmed yet?
Rach Clooney
Rach Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 19:47

No, not officially confirmed yet. Just the media confirmed it but nobody from George camp
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 20:43

Well one thing is for sure, the paps are probably circling trying to be the first ones to get a picture of Amal with a ring on it! HA!

That's why I think it would be best for George to just sell the pictures and use the money for the Satellite or for some other charitable event.

That way she won't get stalked by paps trying to take that big money shot of the ring!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Apr 2014, 20:51

Lorna - What you say makes sense, but I think that would only keep the paps away for a little while. They'll want all the photos they can get of her, and especially of the two of them together at least until after the honeymoon. The payoff for the wedding pictures alone would be ginormous! Those are the ones he'd better make a deal for ahead of time, imo.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 20:55

Seems like a good idea Lizzy. But I get the feeling George is going to want this to be private.

She's probably the one that will want a "wedding" with all the trimmings. Her first and hopefully only wedding so I'm sure she'll want all the traditions of her family's beliefs represented.

George will go along just to please her. JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:03

Lorna - You're probably right about her wanting a wedding. Can't say I blame her. Considering George and Talia got married in Vegas, he might want a real wedding this time,too. If not for her, for his folks. I think they'd enjoy seeing him walk down the aisle.

Wonder what knd of ceremony they'll have, her being Druse and him Catholic? Should be interesting.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:05

It will be whatever she wants. George is agnostic.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:11

PS - If it's true that he got her a "doorknob" of an engagement ring, it could be a sign that he's going to go all out for the wedding.

I know he's agnostic, but old habits die hard, especially religious traditions. He had a strong Catholic upbringing and even if he doesn't actively practice Catholicism, his family does. I'm not saying they will, but they might have some influence on what type of ceremony they have.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:12

Well, he has a cousin who officiates, doesn't he?

But it's either going to be HUGE. Or really really tiny.......can you imagine how many hundreds of people they both know?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:15

Pan - Which cousin is that?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:19

I think it's one of the Ferrer brothers, Gabriel, who's married to Debbie Boone.......but don't hold me to that.

My guess would be a really small wedding and an absolutely massive party!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:23

It's a shame that Nick no longer writes his columns.
That one would be a Special One.

I can still remember the one he wrote about
 his sister Rosemary's funeral, it was beautiful.  Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:26

LizzyNY wrote:Angie30 - Gay? Hardly. (Maybe bi) He doesn't give a damn what the world thinks. If he did he'd have "arranged" a marriage a long time ago.

Politics? Never. It's really not his thing. And a pro-Palestinian wife could hardly be called an asset for an American politician. Way too controversial.

disagree. I guess now he decided to marry, to smother these rumors for personal and political issues. He has admitted he is interested in politics, he likes the subject ,have friendship with President Obama, what other Hollywood actor attended the White House so often?It may not even be thinking about now occupy a political office, but it should already be thinking about the future and he is no longer young. Amal Alamudin is a lawyer in international law, she is very involved in politics and social and international issues, this marriage will benefit both parties.

It's just my humble opinion, just hope he doesn t abandon the career of actor and director.

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next