George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three

+54
ladydi
playfuldeb
Snoopy
bamboochacha
Elo
socimar
Wolfgang Gunnerson
anon.4
noodle
JJ
Casey
Natascha
fava
madsky
premiere
pattygirl
fluffy
Dior
cooksie
Merlin
pandabear
blubelle
Pari
bellybaby
adgran
lolo"layla"
MyGirlKylie
m4rose
sadDonkey
Henway
doris day
davidarochelle
lucy
cindigirl
MM
LornaDoone
lula-mae
Missa
Lighterside
Katiedot
Jade
watching
zizi
Charley
lovelylois
phys major
laetval
Joanna
Cinderella
melbert
it's me
sisieq
Dexterdidit
lelacorb
58 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 04 Dec 2011, 05:18

It looks like a girls trip I wonder if it's to do with her new gig. She talked about going to germany a few times for WWE. Unless George is staying in and Stacy is out drinking!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three - Page 5 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part three

Post by zizi Sun 04 Dec 2011, 06:03

Dexterdidit wrote:It looks like a girls trip I wonder if it's to do with her new gig. She talked about going to germany a few times for WWE. Unless George is staying in and Stacy is out drinking!
That would be fun for him. lol!
I don't think he is there. Maybe after few days with her in Cabo he needs few weeks of rest. He should build up his strength for Christmas time with Stacy. Doh!

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sun 04 Dec 2011, 06:14

melbert wrote:I agree Lolo! They let almost anybody walk the carpet and then use them as seat fillers inside the theater. She doesn't need to be there with George. He's a big boy now, and he needs to put on his big boy underwear and cowboy up!!!!

Mel, I wish he would listen to you. Hello! 10 out of 10

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 04 Dec 2011, 07:51

The woman with Stacy works in PR so it could be her flack. That would make me think it is a work trip.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Dec 2011, 09:24

your funny Davida... LOL
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 04 Dec 2011, 12:59

sisieq wrote:Is it just me or is she getting a sh*t load of press. Just like a fireworks show with the "big show" announcing the finale?

Missa wrote:You know, I had the same thought. Coupled with the "not many chances to wear long gowns" comment in that fashion article, sounds like the end is near, right?

Dexterdidit wrote:That she was getting in all the evening gowns she could because she knew she wouldn't be around for awards season
We can only hope you're all right, but remember how we predicted the end of Elisabetta month after month after month after month because of something she said or did that we thought would mean the end? And in fact that relationship carried on for well over a year after the fans starting shouting that it was over.

Let's not do this all over again, shall we?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 04 Dec 2011, 13:04

I think George is suposed to be on his way to Australia now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 04 Dec 2011, 13:12

Stacy Keibler at The Barbara Day Gala in Munich. This gala was organganized by Mon Cherie (Ferrero) for a good cause, to collect money for UNICEF.

LINK

The headline: "George likes me the way I am" Who would have thought this? The girlfriend of George Clooney chatted, on her first visit to Germany, quite openly about her relationship with the Hollywoodbeau. Stacy Keibler told BUNTE.de how she pictures/sees their common future.
Article(the lines about her): Stacy Keibler belonged with her low-cut, tight-fitting evening dress to the visual highlights at Mon Cherie's Barbara Day on saturday night. Of course, everybody wanted to know where George is: "He is at home". Does George like high heels and evening gowns? "He likes me the way I am. Doesn't matter whether I wear high heels or not." And how do you picture the future with Clooney? "I don't look far ahead, I live day by day. I am very happy."

If you want to know what Barbara Day is...
LINK

Last edited by sadDonkey on Sun 04 Dec 2011, 16:58; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : adding translated articlelines)

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Dec 2011, 13:25

doing wot?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Dec 2011, 15:51

Katiedot wrote:We can only hope you're all right, but remember how we predicted the end of Elisabetta month after month after month after month because of something she said or did that we thought would mean the end? And in fact that relationship carried on for well over a year after the fans starting shouting that it was over.

Let's not do this all over again, shall we?

I agree Katie, by resenting Stacy we only breed disappointment and possibly bitterness toward the relationship. I say take it at face value and accept it for what it is for now. For myself I just hope she's making him relatively happy.
lip smack
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 04 Dec 2011, 16:21

I think Stacy will be around for as long as she decides to stay around. He has said in an interview that I read on one of the COH threads that the girls are lovely and as long as they don't demand too much than they can stick around. She is only 32 and that is young she could be around for another year or so until she wants more in life. Right now dating George is very intoxicating and helps her career and she is going to stick it out. I think he lets her talk about their relationship because he wants people to know he likes her, without having him having to do it.
Obviously, substance isn't an important fact on how he picks his temporary mate or their transgressions.
So has Bette Davis said in the movie Now Voyager, "Fasten your seat belts, it is going to be a bumpy ride." : Seesaw of good and e

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 04 Dec 2011, 16:21

sadDonkey wrote:Stacy Keibler at The Barbara Day Gala in Munich. This gala was organganized by Mon Cherie (Ferrero) for a good cause, to collect money for UNICEF.

LINK

The headline says: "George likes me the way I am" Who would have thought this? The girlfriend of George Clooney chatted, on her first visit to Germany, quite openly about her relationship with the Hollywoodbeau. Stacy Keibler told BUNTE.de how she pictures/sees their common future.

If you want to know what Barbara Day is...
LINK

Do you know who is the testimonial for Ferrero in Germany?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 04 Dec 2011, 16:41

Yes, lelacorb, it's a German actor called Jan Josef Liefers, he presents Ferrero Rocher since ages and the Germans seem to love Rocher and he is one of their favorite actors.
Very Happy
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 04 Dec 2011, 17:13

... and Nutella is presented by the national football (soccer) team.

Oh... and Giotto is presented by Elisabetta Canalis (I see Lelacorb Wink )

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 04 Dec 2011, 20:21

sadDonkey wrote:
... and Nutella is presented by the national football (soccer) team.

Oh... and Giotto is presented by Elisabetta Canalis (I see Lelacorb Wink )
It will only be coincidence that Stacy has crossed the ocean to a party UNICEF organized by Ferrero?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 04 Dec 2011, 20:45

They probably sent an invitation to Clooney house addressed to girlfriend and Stacy showed up. He is frequently changing girlfriends and they haven't considered that. They probably got mixed up. LOL

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 04 Dec 2011, 20:46

Katiedot wrote:I think George is suposed to be on his way to Australia now.
I think its Dec 12 - next week.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Sun 04 Dec 2011, 20:48

He sure does like her the way she is!
I'm sure he likes them all the way they are. That's probably why they're all as sophisticated as she is.
Someone should tell that poor girl that if it wasn't for her ways of getting undressed so easily in public and famewhoring he would never have noticed her.

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 04 Dec 2011, 20:57

She's there for work. I'm sure her PR person investigated and found a charity event for her to attend for more PR and interviews. Rolling Eyes

Charley found some info for that video game she hosts -

Four teaser trailers for Modern Warfare 3 were released on Call of Duty's official YouTube channel. Each one revealed a different location: New York, London, Paris, and BERLIN.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sun 04 Dec 2011, 21:00

cindigirl wrote:
I agree Katie, by resenting Stacy we only breed disappointment and possibly bitterness toward the relationship. I say take it at face value and accept it for what it is for now. For myself I just hope she's making him relatively happy.
lip smack

Cindigirl I think you are one of the posters with the most optimistic attitude towards her. Which is great, in the way I admire you for that. I am sure that like you said, she probably makes him relatively happy otherwise he wouldn’t be with her. Even if some of us agree that she is just his PR gf. still IMO final acceptance of her comes from G. himself, not from anybody else. But I have to disagree with "by resenting Stacy we only breed disappointment and possibly bitterness toward the relationship “. She is the one who works very hard almost every day to build those feelings towards her in public opinion. (Not that she cares about it). In just 4 months how many interviews she gave?. Magazines, TV programs are full of S.K. Just because she is G. gf. she talks about everything . IMO most of the time she doesn’t know what she is talking about at all. She talks about fashion, style ?? LOL.Let’s be honest after her few official appearances we know that’s one thing she will never have. She can wear pearls and a thousand-dollar dresses; it doesn’t mean a damn. Because you can’t wear class. You can’t buy it and you can’t fake it.
In the same interview she is making money by selling bunch of products and using it to her full advantage her relationship with G. And before the interview she gives her opinion about his movies, she tells everybody where they are going to spend the holidays, about his surgery, how he is recovering ,plans for Christmas, she tweets about how he loves her, she talks on his behalf. Before, we had to wait long time for any confirmations of his activities from Stan. Now, it looks like he is not needed for providing this info. anymore. Like I said before IMO: she is just interested in what the relationship can give her, she is emotionally needy, wildly ambitious, and thoroughly egocentric and very manipulating
We would have to have an absurdly naive view of love and Hollywood relationships to believe that G. and S.K. are a real couple.
But I think that she will last much longer than we think even if I don’t completely understand why G. needs her for Oscars or any other important public events. I don’t see how she could hurt his reputation if he will break up with her if he chose to. Any agreement can be broken, that is what he has lawyers for. I also don’t buy the story that he needs her to protect himself from EC. Doesn’t make any sense to me. Hello!

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 04 Dec 2011, 21:11

Very good comment, Zizi Hello!

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 04 Dec 2011, 21:23

@zizi

thoughtfully said.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Dec 2011, 23:00

[quote="zizi"]
cindigirl wrote:
lip smack

Perhaps I was transferring my feelings on everyone else. I didn't mean to disagree with everyone. For me it is easier to accept his current relationship. I hated Eli so much and it made me so unhappy to see him with her that it's easier for me to accept this current girlfriend. This is just my feelings on this mess.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Dec 2011, 23:09

alleluia zizi!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Dec 2011, 23:18

ok
so
why not coming here

mm? super cool

you can come Friday
why not? Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 05 Dec 2011, 01:33

Wrestling for attention: George Clooney's girlfriend Stacy Keibler grabs limelight in low cut black gown with thigh-high split
By MIKE LARKIN
Last updated at 1:04 AM on 5th December 2011
Comments (0)

It is amazing what dating an A-list star can do for your profile.
Former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler is now one of the hottest properties on the red carpet since hooking up with Hollywood hunk George Clooney.
And the former wrestler is clearly grabbing her chance at stardom with both hands after stunning fellow stars at a prestigious charity event in Munich, Germany yesterday.

A turnbuckle for the books: George Clooney's girlfriend Stacy Keibler defied her WWE roots to be the star of the carpet at a charity event in Munich yesterday

Wonderful from every (Kurt) angle: Stacey looked classy in her black number
The savvy star outstyled her glamour rivals into submission by donning a figure-hugging black dress at the Mon Cherie Barbara Day event.

The silky outfit showed off the beautiful blonde's assets to the full, and laid bare exactly what silver fox George sees in the 32-year-old.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She actually looks really lovely here. See, Stacy, it's not hard!
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 05 Dec 2011, 01:38

Thanks for the article. The gown looks like 2 different dresses. Personally I don't like that look.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Mon 05 Dec 2011, 01:54

What is wrong with her knee in the first pic.???
The front of her dress has an additional peace of fabric which looks like an apron. Didn't Eli wore a dress with that fanny apron front on DWTS event with Ch. Bono???

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 05 Dec 2011, 02:00

zizi wrote:What is wrong with her knee in the first pic.???
The front of her dress has an additional peace of fabric which looks like an apron. Didn't Eli wore a dress with that fanny apron front on DWTS event with Ch. Bono???
A poster over on CU thinks she may have had reconstruction surgery and maybe a rod.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 05 Dec 2011, 02:02

LOL, is she auditioning for Awards Season! Question

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Mon 05 Dec 2011, 02:23

IMO, every story written on just her, the press kind of implies that she was a nobody before she dated Clooney and her dating him is the ONLY reason she is being noticed now. Interesting.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Mon 05 Dec 2011, 02:49

Just 4 observations

I did like the gown, kick me.

I have been to Munich it is great city, but why fly over to Germany for a charity event, there were plenty of them going on in the U.S.,especially this time of year and this weekend. Americans barely know her and they know her as Clooney's girlfriend now, I am sure she is not that well known in Germany. A little strange to go all the way there for attention purposes.

If it was such an important charity event for her and George is her boyfriend, where was he? Usually you see significant others or spouses or boyfriends or girlfriends escort their intended to such important events. He goes to a football game right after surgery, but does not go to a UNICEF event for her. Hmmmm. Not like he had to stay home and watch the kids. Nothing to tweet this weekend about love.

In the last few weeks,do you notice the gossip sites and magazines have something on her every weekend, This is part of her job description. To get a photo in every weekend. She is already on Just Jared. George is going to give her a great end of the year review. A see a very big bonus.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 05 Dec 2011, 02:54

Just Jared (similar pics)Stacy Keibler: Mon Cheri Barbara Day!

Stacy Keibler hits the red carpet at Mon Cheri Barbara Day, held on Saturday (December 3) in Munich, Germany.

The 32-year-old actress, who wore Herve L. Leroux, checked out a celebration of Barbara Day, where cherry branches are placed in water before they bloom on Christmas Eve, promising happiness and joy for the coming year…especially in love.

“I can’t get over how beautiful Munich is. They are already decked out for the holidays!” Stacy wrote on her Twitter account while in Germany.
FYI: Stacy accessorized with Giuseppe Zanotti Design shoes, a Swarovski clutch, and 80 carat Chopard earrings!

davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 05 Dec 2011, 03:00

lovelylois wrote:
If it was such an important charity event for her and George is her boyfriend, where was he? Usually you see significant others or spouses or boyfriends or girlfriends escort their intended to such important events. He goes to a football game right after surgery, but does not go to a UNICEF event for her. Hmmmm. Not like he had to stay home and watch the kids. Nothing to tweet this weekend about love.

She also tweeted earlier today, in response to a question, that both her new movies are coming out at the beginning of the year. Shall we take bets on whether George will be accompanying her to her premieres? Very Happy Not a snowball's chance...
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Mon 05 Dec 2011, 03:37

Well we knew Cray Cray would have something because EC had that big fight with her boy toy and made the wires so it is only logical in the fight for press Cracy would need to be papped doing something!
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Dec 2011, 04:39

zizi wrote: She is the one who works very hard almost every day to build those feelings towards her in public opinion.
Not really true. Some fans of George's have chosen to take everything she says or does negatively. This happens with every girlfriend he dates and IMO says more about the fans than it does about George's girlfriend of the moment.

zizi wrote: In just 4 months how many interviews she gave?. Magazines, TV programs are full of S.K. Just because she is G. gf. she talks about everything .
Do you really not understand the nature of fame? Since dating George she's temporarily shot up to an A-list celebrity. She'll drop to B-list the moment he finishes with her, and then - unless she does anything worthwhile on her own - she'll slide back to the D-list where she came from. But for the time being she's famous.

Let's be clear on this: paparazzi don't take your photo if they can't sell it. Magazines don't write about you if they know nobody will read it. Gossip sites don't feature you if their readers aren't interested. Manufactureers don't pay you to sell their products if no one will buy from you. Like it or not, she is a celebrity now.

This is something we have to accept and just wait for it to pass. Complaining that she's getting press coverage is like complaining snow is cold; yes that's true but it's never going to change because that's the nature of things.

Now, if you want to reply and say that she doesn't deserve this fame then I totally agree with you, but you and I don't get to decide who is famous and who isn't. The media know that she sells their product and that's why they'll feature her.

zizi wrote: IMO most of the time she doesn’t know what she is talking about at all. She talks about fashion, style ?? LOL.Let’s be honest after her few official appearances we know that’s one thing she will never have.
And yet from the people who know about fashion and who write about fashion, she's getting generally good responses about the clothes she's worn on the red carpet. I say generally because there have been misfires as well as hits but she gets a lot of acknowledgement from the fashion industry for her style.

I think the best thing we can say is that her sense of style is not the same as yours. Doesn't make you wrong; doesn't make her wrong. It's simply that some posters here won't ever like what she wears so it's worthwhile reading what the fashion experts say about her dress and mostly it's positive.

zizi wrote: In the same interview she is making money by selling bunch of products and using it to her full advantage her relationship with G. And before the interview she gives her opinion about his movies, she tells everybody where they are going to spend the holidays, about his surgery, how he is recovering ,plans for Christmas, she tweets about how he loves her, she talks on his behalf.
But why are you making this your problem? And you are making it your problem because George is clearly fine with it, so then why does it bother you?

He's perfectly capable of looking out for himself and he's well aware of what he's dealing with. He's a 50-year old womaniser who's been around this particular block many times. We've seen it time and time again that when someone behaves in a way that he doesn't like, he simply walks away. For as long as he's with Stacy, you would be right to assume that he doesn't have a problem with her.

zizi wrote: Like I said before IMO: she is just interested in what the relationship can give her, she is emotionally needy, wildly ambitious, and thoroughly egocentric and very manipulating
Again you seem to be saying that George is a naive, stupid, inexperienced little boy who's too dumb to figure out a woman. Is that really what you think of him?

George holds all the power in this relationship, not Stacy. He dates women like her because he knows exactly what he's getting into. He doesn't want a serious relationship so he's better off with someone he knows he can control; someone who will let him do what he wants when he wants and will be grateful for every little thing he gives her.

Stacy will put up with him for as long as he wants her because she wants the fame and lifestyle that being George Clooney's girlfriend brings her. Make no mistake: Stacy is George's choice and not the other way round and as long as she remembers not to bite the hand that feeds, she'll be with him.

zizi wrote: We would have to have an absurdly naive view of love and Hollywood relationships to believe that G. and S.K. are a real couple.
Then you'd also have to think that George is a nasty, manipulative, lying little shit to have such a fake romance. Is that what you think of him?

One of the reasons I'm a fan and have been for such a long time is because George is generally (again generally, not every single time) honest, straightforward and pretty much 'what you see is what you get'.

If it turned out that he was faking relationships, lying about these women then I - like most of his long term fans I suspect - would be gone.

I think we're trying to put waaaaaaay too much into his relationship with Stacy. She's a nice enough girl, pretty and I assume good in bed. She seems to make George happy enough and she seems happy with what George offers her. That's all there is to it IMO.

There's no great mystery that we have to unravel. This relationship is good for the time being and when it stops being good, then George will walk. Why is that so difficult to accept?

zizi wrote: even if I don’t completely understand why G. needs her for Oscars or any other important public events.
There you've made the exact argument for why this probably isn't a PR showmance.

zizi wrote: I don’t see how she could hurt his reputation if he will break up with her if he chose to.
You're right; she can't. So, logically, if he doesn't break up with her it's because he doesn't want to break up with her, right?

zizi wrote: I also don’t buy the story that he needs her to protect himself from EC. Doesn’t make any sense to me. Hello!
Nope, me neither. That theory, IMO is a fiction created by some fans who get a little bit obsessed by his girlfriends and ascribe every aspect of his behaviour in relation to his girlfriends.

m4rose wrote:IMO, every story written on just her, the press kind of implies that she was a nobody before she dated Clooney and her dating him is the ONLY reason she is being noticed now. Interesting.
Yep, that IS the only reason she's being noticed now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 05 Dec 2011, 06:05

A charity event in the US would get more celebs then this one in Germany. If Stacy hadn't gone we probably wouldn't even heard about it. But she shows up and get's lots of attention would have gotten even more if George showed up but we all know George doesn't do his girlfriends gigs. Just like we know he won't show up at any of her premieres if the movies she has done actually has any. Stacy needs to enjoy this while she can cause it will be over and then she will be back to being the D lister she is. But she has made plenty of money out of it and has work at the moment so she is doing well. Even going on all those shows to talk about purses was a genius move we all know she was there to talk about her and George as the purses barely even got mentioned.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 05 Dec 2011, 06:34

Think she is trying to appear smarter.....

StacyKeiblerStacy Keibler
About to start the book UNBROKEN. Who else has read it? Thoughts? It's been highly recommended, so I hope its good Smile
16 hours ago FavoriteRetweetReply

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
by Laura Hillenbrand

Book Description (from Amazon)
On a May afternoon in 1943, an Army Air Forces bomber crashed into the Pacific Ocean and disappeared, leaving only a spray of debris and a slick of oil, gasoline, and blood. Then, on the ocean surface, a face appeared. It was that of a young lieutenant, the plane’s bombardier, who was struggling to a life raft and pulling himself aboard. So began one of the most extraordinary odysseys of the Second World War.

The lieutenant’s name was Louis Zamperini. In boyhood, he’d been a cunning and incorrigible delinquent, breaking into houses, brawling, and fleeing his home to ride the rails. As a teenager, he had channeled his defiance into running, discovering a prodigious talent that had carried him to the Berlin Olympics and within sight of the four-minute mile. But when war had come, the athlete had become an airman, embarking on a journey that led to his doomed flight, a tiny raft, and a drift into the unknown.

Ahead of Zamperini lay thousands of miles of open ocean, leaping sharks, a foundering raft, thirst and starvation, enemy aircraft, and, beyond, a trial even greater. Driven to the limits of endurance, Zamperini would answer desperation with ingenuity; suffering with hope, resolve, and humor; brutality with rebellion. His fate, whether triumph or tragedy, would be suspended on the fraying wire of his will.

In her long-awaited new book, Laura Hillenbrand writes with the same rich and vivid narrative voice she displayed in Seabiscuit. Telling an unforgettable story of a man’s journey into extremity, Unbroken is a testament to the resilience of the human mind, body, and spirit.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 05 Dec 2011, 06:35

I think she looks good here. Better than the George red carpets. All his women all look better on the red carpet without him. Maybe he is an attractiveness and style black hole. Stand next to him and it all gets sucked away. (I guess that is fair if he sucks their style away on the red carpet. Off the red carpet, the women are the only ones doing any sucking.)

This is just another paycheck for Stacy. She would be the biggest mainsteam name at the event and that ensures that she gets coverage. The celeb attendees (big name) at last year's event was Liz Hurley and Peaches Geldolf. I think that sets the tone and explains more than I can ever write. I would assume that she has lined up an endorsement, magazine cover or another party that she will attend (and collect cash from) to make it worth her while to fly all that way.

Or she is trying to appear charity minded - much like you know who.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Mon 05 Dec 2011, 07:31

Thanks for your comment Katie. I didn’t think that it will bring me such a detail analysis. If you don’t mind I would like to respond.

First of all in the very beginning of my comment I said clearly that Stacy is with George because it is his decision, that nobody else could force him into this relationship if he didn’t want that. Which is obvious that he knows exactly with whom he is dealing and he is Ok with it.
Not once I said that: “ he is stupid, naive, nasty , manipulative, lying little shit or that he is not able to look after himself”, these words are yours not mine.
My comments were about Stacy and the way I see her and were also in regards to other posters who wrote their opinion about her.
I agree with you that :” the best thing we can say is that her sense of style is not the same as yours. Doesn't make you wrong; doesn't make her wrong.”.
If I remember correctly many posters also didn’t like her style just like some of the critics, but I wasn’t aware that I am not allowed to say it.
Yes it is true that I made a comment about her selling bunch of products because now she has an opportunity to do it, due to her involvement with G.
And no it is not my problem, and I am not making it my problem. It has nothing to do with me personally. I was just stating the obvious. Just like all other information which she gave out about their whereabouts etc., she said it not I, it is a public knowledge.
I am sure that you heard those inf. before I commented on this. And again I didn’t say anything about George’s inability to control her talking or if he didn’t approve of this.
Also I didn't say that he has a fake romance: I said that this relationship is not real in the sense that will end up in a serious commitment.
That is exactly what you also said many times.
And for the last explanation: my comment that IMO if he didn’t want to take her to Oscars or anywhere else, he wouldn’t, because I do not agree with some of the posters who thought that by not “showing her off” he would get bad PR which could have an influence on his nomination for Oscars.

Generally I do not think that I said anything new which has not been said before on this forum, I guess I was just the right person to get slammed for it.
Thank you.

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 05 Dec 2011, 08:00

Well said zizi, I agree with you!!

And I would like to add that I don't think CrayCray is getting the negative comments because of being the girlfriend.
She is being critisized for her behaviour, her false smile and the things she did to earn her money in the past, showing her everything everywhere, which to me is not very far away from prostitution, she just sells her body on another level.
And of course this is annoying to women who really work hard to earn their money and spend it to see the films of their idol.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Dec 2011, 08:41

zizi wrote: Thanks for your comment Katie. I didn’t think that it will bring me such a detail analysis. If you don’t mind I would like to respond.
Of course you can respond, that's the point of this forum. Please also accept that I may respond too. I'm not "slamming you" but I am disagreeing with some of the points you made, while agreeing with you on others. I'm sorry if you've taken this badly but that is how a forum works.

zizi wrote:If I remember correctly many posters also didn’t like her style just like some of the critics, but I wasn’t aware that I am not allowed to say it.
Please let me know who told you that you can't say it.

zizi wrote:Also I didn't say that he has a fake romance: I said that this relationship is not real in the sense that will end up in a serious commitment.
In that case my apologies, that's not how I read your statement.

zizi wrote:Generally I do not think that I said anything new which has not been said before on this forum, I guess I was just the right person to get slammed for it.
I am sorry if you think you're somehow being 'slammed' just because I disagreed with some of the points you made - and agreed with you on some other points.

I think you would agree that this forum would be very boring if everyone thought the exact same thing, right? So it does happen that people do disagree with other posters. That's not slamming, that's simply a discussion.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Dec 2011, 08:50

Dior wrote:She is being critisized for her behaviour, her false smile and the things she did to earn her money in the past, showing her everything everywhere, which to me is not very far away from prostitution, she just sells her body on another level.
Yep, I get that. She's exactly the same as every girlfriend George has had in the past 10 years. What I don't get is why this always comes as a surprise to his fans.

The man isn't perfect and one of his imperfections is his lousy taste in women.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Mon 05 Dec 2011, 09:16

Missa wrote:
She also tweeted earlier today, in response to a question, that both her new movies are coming out at the beginning of the year. Shall we take bets on whether George will be accompanying her to her premieres? Not a snowball's chance....

I hope he will go !
I can’t wait to see what kind of dress and make up he will be wearing when he will escort his leading lady for HER big event!

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 05 Dec 2011, 09:24

Katiedot wrote:
Dior wrote:She is being critisized for her behaviour, her false smile and the things she did to earn her money in the past, showing her everything everywhere, which to me is not very far away from prostitution, she just sells her body on another level.
Yep, I get that. She's exactly the same as every girlfriend George has had in the past 10 years. What I don't get is why this always comes as a surprise to his fans.

The man isn't perfect and one of his imperfections is his lousy taste in women.

A surprise? Why?
Don't think people are that stupid!
I would assume they are disappointed because the actor they love and follow and wish him only the best is still running away from a serious relationship like a beaten dog.
He is breaking the hearts of his fans.

Last edited by Dior on Mon 05 Dec 2011, 09:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad hand wrote wrong words)
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 05 Dec 2011, 10:19

zizi wrote:
cindigirl wrote:
lip smack

Cindigirl I think you are one of the posters with the most optimistic attitude towards her. Which is great, in the way I admire you for that. I am sure that like you said, she probably makes him relatively happy otherwise he wouldn’t be with her. Even if some of us agree that she is just his PR gf. still IMO final acceptance of her comes from G. himself, not from anybody else. But I have to disagree with "by resenting Stacy we only breed disappointment and possibly bitterness toward the relationship “. She is the one who works very hard almost every day to build those feelings towards her in public opinion. (Not that she cares about it). In just 4 months how many interviews she gave?. Magazines, TV programs are full of S.K. Just because she is G. gf. she talks about everything . IMO most of the time she doesn’t know what she is talking about at all. She talks about fashion, style ?? LOL.Let’s be honest after her few official appearances we know that’s one thing she will never have. She can wear pearls and a thousand-dollar dresses; it doesn’t mean a damn. Because you can’t wear class. You can’t buy it and you can’t fake it.
In the same interview she is making money by selling bunch of products and using it to her full advantage her relationship with G. And before the interview she gives her opinion about his movies, she tells everybody where they are going to spend the holidays, about his surgery, how he is recovering ,plans for Christmas, she tweets about how he loves her, she talks on his behalf. Before, we had to wait long time for any confirmations of his activities from Stan. Now, it looks like he is not needed for providing this info. anymore. Like I said before IMO: she is just interested in what the relationship can give her, she is emotionally needy, wildly ambitious, and thoroughly egocentric and very manipulating
We would have to have an absurdly naive view of love and Hollywood relationships to believe that G. and S.K. are a real couple.
But I think that she will last much longer than we think even if I don’t completely understand why G. needs her for Oscars or any other important public events. I don’t see how she could hurt his reputation if he will break up with her if he chose to. Any agreement can be broken, that is what he has lawyers for. I also don’t buy the story that he needs her to protect himself from EC. Doesn’t make any sense to me. Hello!

Zizi I agree with you, this report (if George does not get tired of doing the figure of the fool) will go on the lot because Stacy is building day after day just for herself, to enjoy the fame for a long time. It is not a relationship but a maximum of bed. If you love a person and I know that talking about her private life from bothering him I do not speak! Stacy seems to me that is building a lasting relationship because it does not seem to expect and seems to accept the limits of this relationship (no marriage or children) because its purpose is another. Stacy is clever is George that seems dumb.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Dec 2011, 10:35

Dior wrote:I would assume they are disappointed because the actor they love and follow and wish him only the best
Are they really wishing the best for him? Or are they projecting their own expectations onto him?

His words and behaviour make it quite clear that a long term relationship isn't what he wants. He doesn't seem to think it's best for him.

Is it really possible that he can't know for himself what's best and the fans know better than him?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 05 Dec 2011, 10:43

Katie George definitely knows what he wants from this relationship! The disappointment of people in this forum is due to the fact that George wants very little from women we are woman and in love we give away much more!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 05 Dec 2011, 11:21

Katiedot wrote:
Dior wrote:I would assume they are disappointed because the actor they love and follow and wish him only the best
Are they really wishing the best for him? Or are they projecting their own expectations onto him?

His words and behaviour make it quite clear that a long term relationship isn't what he wants. He doesn't seem to think it's best for him.

Is it really possible that he can't know for himself what's best and the fans know better than him?

Omg, Katie!!!!
If you wish the best for somebody IT IS COMING FROM YOUR HEART and don't we all wish to love and to be loved???
This has nothing to do with projection or expectations, I was talking about FEELINGS and about LOVE.
Please don't turn around my words the way they fit into your context.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Mon 05 Dec 2011, 12:36

I don't think anyone said that his fans knew better than him what's best for him, we're just saying that he is ridiculous hanging out with what he believe is best for him.
It remind me when I was a teenager, I loved my pink lipstcik and my pink eyeshaddow, I though I was irresitible with them. My mother kept telling me how ridiculous I was but I wouldn't listen and keep wearing them. Now when I looked at pictures of myself with that make up plastered on my face all I ask my mother is why the hell did you let me step out of the house looking so ridiculous!
Considering that he's still behaving like a teenagerI hope for him he won't wake up in ten years and find out how ridiculous he looked with Stacy.

If he doens't want a long and serious relationship it's his problem, I couldn't care less, for myself the only thing that really bothers me with his girlfriends is the fame and the light he gives them while dating them.
They clearly don't deserve it and don't have the talent required to get it by themselves.
If he wants to spend his life or 6 months with Stacy, so be it but please for the love of god just try to make her STFU and make her stop pretending to be a sweet girl or a classy lady on red carpets when not that long ago all she knew was wrestling half naked.

I know he likes to bring light to desperate causes, but let's face it he has more chances to save the world from famine than to make Stacy Keibler look like a lady!

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next