George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6

+45
Bidbod
Lella_la_bella
lolo"layla"
MyGirlKylie
m4rose
pattygirl
it's me
Nanette
Dior
Coco
doris day
LornaDoone
Vi
Lighterside
playfuldeb
Stonehenge who?
Ello
maria4
anon.4
hathaross
bellybaby
Merlin
sandwiches
MM
fluffy
Atalante
Casey
blubelle
cindigirl
lelacorb
sisieq
Katiedot
pandabear
Henway
iamnoone
laetval
melbert
lucy
watching
bunny
socimar
Dexterdidit
Charley
emeraldcity
Natascha
49 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 Empty Re: Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 09 Jul 2011, 12:30

The funny thing I always found about the jewelry was that she rarely wore any! You would think she would have worn some on the red carpets like she did with Cavalli but she didn't! I guess they didn't make it part of the contract. She wore some at San Remo but she went to plenty of events and didn't wear it! I think she will lose most of them without George's name linked to hers she is just another ex Velina! But it looks like she got a car out of it...
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 Empty Re: Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6

Post by socimar Sat 09 Jul 2011, 13:51

Natascha wrote:On the other thread with articles about the split it just said that she lost one of her advertising campaigns. Maybe that's what she was told on the phone?

I guess slowly slowly many projects will fall through as she is no longer "the girlfriend of...". I just hope she doesn't land anything on TV in the US like her rep has said a few times (fall 2011 and 2012) because after her performance in Leverage I can't believe she would land another job here.....but you never know there are so many trashy programs on TV nowadays that it may even be possible; hope at least that its's late into the night when I am asleep!
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Sat 09 Jul 2011, 13:58

Do you have that show in Italy where they send D-celebs into the jungle?

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sat 09 Jul 2011, 14:05

Natasha,
Yes, we do and it is quite popular too. By the way, the advertising campain that Eli lost and you are talking about might be this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

San Bartolomeo al Mare. It was not just George Clooney to have said goodbye in recent days for Elisabetta Canalis. To finish - albeit in a more elegant and decidedly less "hangover" for all - is also the liasion with "DonnaOro" The Ligurian company of jewelry, based in San Bartolomeo al Mare, which, after two years of collaboration , changing testimonials.

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 09 Jul 2011, 14:36

It's kinda of sad to think that this young woman's career depends on who she is dating. Well at least she earned alot of money over the years hopefully it will be enough to get her by till the next job or man comes along. Talent at her age could see her through for awhile, but does she have any?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 09 Jul 2011, 14:52

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy, we are talking about the Untalented Miss Canalis here. It seems from the history I remember of her, all of her "jobs" were gotten because of somebody she knew. I only remember the one small print ad for that jewelry line, so maybe she didn't fulfill her obligation to them, or they re-thought it. I think she's going to start losing (if she hasn't already lost) several of her other jobs. They hired her because she was the girlfriend of... and I don't think the title ex-girlfriend of... is going to have the designers or producers or, or, or, knocking at her door. In regard to the BIG TV thing here in US, I think it's just a pipe dream. If anything, it would be some D-list reality crap. If anyone saw her performance on Leverage, she would not be hired for any kind of prime time comedy or drama. Now, we watched her antics for almost 2 years, but that's because we were hoping for glimpses of George (my reason anyway). But to watch her setting up her "shop" or any other premise they could think of for a reality show, don't think I could stomach it.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 09 Jul 2011, 14:54

She lost the jewelry advertising campaign now? So soon after the split. I think she's going to lose a lot more now. Poor lost Eli. All she had to do with George was to keep her mouth shut and maybe she'd be with him and still be in demand. IMO
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 09 Jul 2011, 15:01

The interviewer probably said "Canalis who?" It was funny though given the fact all the pics we got of her on the yacht and that other party. Oh, poor Eli!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 09 Jul 2011, 15:02

I agree with you Melbert, the has she got any talent was my sarcasm coming out. Can't help but to feel sad when I see a young woman throw her life away with/on getting by on body and looks, cause us older women know that ends then what have you got? No amount of money earned will carry you through a life built only on money and looks. Yes if she has a show I will tune in to see what it is about just like I did with SL after the split and just like SL I will lose interest in Bettabuns.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 09 Jul 2011, 15:05

Right on Lucy!!!! Thumbs up!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2011, 17:03

I saw this coming! We all saw the snide looks she gave the paps when photographed, recently, before the split. I thought, that’s what she wants us to think of her, snooty, vindictive and mean. She didn’t once think of her future or reputation of the many companies that she was/could represent/ing. All she thought about was herself, at the moment. I don’t think poor Eli! She did it to herself. And don’t tell me she didn’t get good advice on how to proceed after the relationship ended. But she chose her own way and now it looks like her own way was the wrong road to go down. IMHumbleO

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Sat 09 Jul 2011, 17:04

Funny Atalante,I would too. Sorry for some reason just saw your comment.

pandabear

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 09 Jul 2011, 17:25

On one of the other threads it said that Cavalli didn't mention her in an article about the new store. She sure was papped on his boat. I guess a lot of doors opened to her as the GFO and now not so much. I think that she believed that all the exposure(ha ha) would continue to bring her work. I don't feel sorry for her. She knew exactly what the deal was, had lots of opportunity, and it was up to her to make the contacts last.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 09 Jul 2011, 17:27

I think that George helps "open" the doors for the opportunities, but it's up to them to keep the doors open. In this case, door shut, end of story - SLAM!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 6 - Page 7 Empty Clooney's version of the split

Post by socimar Sat 09 Jul 2011, 17:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ENGLISH:
After a period of silence, even George Clooney is giving his own version of the split with Elisabetta Canalis who by the way is already enjoying herself somewhere else, by the sea, in the company of another man, but George does not seem to be affected by this.
George’s version seems to be the same old problem: marriage. The actor has said several times that after the divorce from Talia Balsam he refuses to get married and he never lied about it, Canalis knew this perfectly well. Clooney added that after the end of his marriage with Balsam he suffered a lot, he was only 28 years old, with little patience, so he ended up in therapy for some time. Because of this Trauma, Clooney had no intention to repeat the experience but Elisabetta Canalis had other plans.
The actor said that his love stories last only few years because women will start making demands and he does not want to get married and prefers his bachelor life. And that’s what happened. Canalis said goodbye and now we are speculating who will be the next one.
This we don’t know however gossips about the end of the relationship are multiple including the one very talked about the actor’s homosexuality. It seems that the help (housekeepers?) at Villa Oleandra have been telling what was happening inside the house of the Cloonalis couple. Like every couple there was an alternation of moments of total bliss and huge fights but what make us laugh is that it seems that when the two were fighting Elisabetta Canalis was hiding inside the armoires(!) This is so funny and incredible; additionally another problem was the constant presence of the actor’s friends and the liters of alcohol they were drinking during these all-boys fraternity-style evenings at Villa Oleandra, but it is well known that the life of stars is full of excesses and bizarre lifestyles.

ITALIAN:
Sembra che dopo il silenzio, anche George Clooney abbia deciso di dire la sua sulla fine della relazione con Elisabetta Canalis. Quest’ultima già pare consolarsi altrove, al mare, in compagnia di un altro uomo, ma George non sembra essere particolarmente sofferente per l’accaduto.
Stando alla sua versione, il problema sarebbe stato sempre il solito: il matrimonio. Il celebre attore ha ribadito più volte il concetto, dopo la separazione da Talia Balsam ha detto categoricamente no a tale istituzione e su questo non ha mai mentito, la Canalis lo sapeva benissimo. Clooney ha spiegato che dopo la fine del matrimonio con la Balsam ha sofferto parecchio, aveva solo 28 anni e poca pazienza, quando la storia è finita, l’attore è andato in terapia per qualche tempo. Visto il primo trauma, Clooney non intendeva ripetere l’esperienza, ma Elisabetta Canalis aveva diverse aspirazioni.
Lo stesso attore dichiara che le sue storie durano solo pochi anni, perché poi una donna vuole di più, ma lui non ci tiene affatto a sposarsi, preferisce rimanere scapolo. E così è stato, la Canalis gli ha detto addio, chi sarà la prossima donna a fare breccia nel cuore dell’attore?
Questo ancora non si sa, ma in ogni caso le voci sulla fine della relazione sono molteplici e ancora non è stata esclusa la chiacchieratissima omosessualità dell’attore. Sembra che i domestici di Villa Oleandra abbiano raccontato cosa succedeva all’interno della coppia Cloonalis. Come in ogni coppia, si alternavano momenti felici a litigi, ma la cosa che più fa sorridere è che stando a questa particolare versione dei fatti, Elisabetta Canalis quando i due litigavano, si nascondeva dentro gli armadi (!). Tutto ciò ha davvero dell’incredibile, inoltre il problema della coppia era la continua presenza degli amici dell’attore e i litri di alcol consumati nelle serate goliardiche di Villa Oleandra, ma si sa che la vita delle grandi star è costellata di eccessi e bizzarre abitudini. Secondo voi davvero la Canalis si nascondeva negli armadi?
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 09 Jul 2011, 18:05

when the two were fighting Elisabetta Canalis was hiding inside the armoires(!)

Thanks socimar for the translation. She was hiding inside a cabinet? Now, who's afraid of who. He doesn't seem like the type of bloke to make someone hide. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2011, 18:07

I take it that she was hiding to hear what was being said?? Hmmmm...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2011, 18:08

SLAM! Nunchucks

Back to top Go down

Post by maria4 Sat 09 Jul 2011, 18:18

of the women who has succeeded, with the help of George to keep the doors open?

maria4
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by maria4 Sat 09 Jul 2011, 18:34

Just finish the Venice Film Festival, George also lose interest in Italy, you know the proverb says, life is a spinning wheel, today me, tomorrow you.
To you did not reach certain phrases said in Italian television and in some newspapers, believe me you can not repeat here, but George comes out wrong, not right and not true what you say about Eli and his work has always worked for the newspaper ads, the first woman's gold, there was Damian, other advertising underwear, bags and more, she could not close in the convent for George, he knew immediately that it was not love, helped him hurt her, not had to show them that turn, could help in a different way.

maria4

Back to top Go down

Post by maria4 Sat 09 Jul 2011, 19:01

They played hide and seek, is also a game that kids do in America? Maybe he does not know it!

maria4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2011, 19:58

Is it just my imagination that he drops girls once they start posing nude when he’s with them? I think he likes his women hot at night, in bed with him, but cool in the day. In other words, it’s okay to be “hot” with him but he doesn’t want to share. He doesn’t care what they did before he came along. BUT he does care what they decide to do once they are an item. It seems all the younger girls that he gets with cannot resist the urge to get naked in public. I pray the next girl is smarter than the rest. He needs someone that is more like him. I really think he’s been looking but they haven’t passed the “test”. Who do they love, George or themselves. Obviously they don’t love George, and I wonder if they really love themselves. They just crave attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 09 Jul 2011, 20:13

Cinderella, I agree with you. I often wondered how he felt when he saw Ely naked on internet and the latest PETA photo shoot. I would think the average man would like to think his gf is naked only with him. I know he saw her naked photos on the internet before, but IMO the PETA shoot was over the top.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Sat 09 Jul 2011, 20:42

I don't believe he would allow his staff at the villa to talk to reporters.

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sat 09 Jul 2011, 21:07

Natascha wrote:I don't believe he would allow his staff at the villa to talk to reporters.

Natasha,
not to reporters but to other people they know in town definitely especially now that Eli is no longer there. The town of Laglio is a small village, everybody knows everybody for several generations and it is enough for one help to say something to a bartender, or a barber or a shopkeeper or just a friend who has a friend who has a computer that in no time is on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] clooneysopenhouse.com.

The hiding in the armoire IMHO I believe was said in a way as if Eli did not want to hear George screaming anymore and would hide in a closet until everything was quiet again.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 09 Jul 2011, 21:19

The hiding in the armoire IMHO I believe was said in a way as if Eli did not want to hear George screaming anymore and would hide in a closet until everything was quiet again..

Holy cow, what a way to live. Sounds like they were married LOL. Wonder what she did that made him scream? They must have been having a hullava intense relationship. I can't picture him screaming however, I can picture her screaming.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 09 Jul 2011, 21:36

Cindi, I can't imagine George screaming in a fight. I believe that he would be even-toned, but definitely get his point across - probably through gritted teeth!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 09 Jul 2011, 21:39

Hi Mel, do you remember the pictures of the London premiere when he and Eli started dating - the one where she is wearing that horrible pink dress that was falling off her? His teeth were grinding. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 09 Jul 2011, 21:40

I would think that he would be more embarrassed that his family would see the pics. Even his friends. Can you imagine sitting at dinner with friends or family with your "girlfriend" there, knowing that everybody has seen her 2,000 parts?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 09 Jul 2011, 21:42

I remember it well!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 09 Jul 2011, 21:44

Mel, hahahaha - I saw a video of him today when he was on Oprah and they showed a pic of him on a boat with no shirt. His parents were in the audience and he actually apoloized to them about it. LOL Very tradtional, our George.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 09 Jul 2011, 23:33

I expected her to lose some of her campaigns, but to do a 2 day "goodbye" is sad. Just move on with the new person.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2011, 00:45

melbert wrote:Cindi, I can't imagine George screaming in a fight. I believe that he would be even-toned, but definitely get his point across - probably through gritted teeth!!!

I agree! I don't think he's a screamer (LOL) I think he quietly makes his point and that's as far as it goes. But if the other party (Eli) got to screaming, sometimes you have to do whatever you have to do to get your voice heard. But, that's a terrible way to live! I discuss things and if we cannot come to an agreement, then we can agree to disagree. I do not like yelling! I don't think it accomplishes anything except to make the other person think less of you.

And the "screamer (LOL)" above, ... in bed yes that's what it made me think about when I typed in the word. LOL! Sorry about that, couldn't help it!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 Jul 2011, 00:48

You're too funny Cinderella!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 10 Jul 2011, 00:50

Oh Cinderella, you are a naughty girl but IMO not far from the truth. ROFL.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2011, 00:51

Thank you, Thank you very much.

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 10 Jul 2011, 00:52

Thank you for the chuckle. Laughing
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 10 Jul 2011, 01:40

Also don't see George as a screamer, everything I have ever read about him suggest that he avoids conflict with women, most of the time by ignoring them or through distance. Eli I could see with a hot temper, but hiding in the armoire?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 10 Jul 2011, 01:44

PS. This perfect love I've never felt before fairy tale romance is quickly developing into something completely different .
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 10 Jul 2011, 01:55

Too bad she won't be able to reinvent herself like when Cindy Crawford got dropped as the Revlon model she went on to work again and has continued. Don't think Eli has ever had a long run at anything.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 10 Jul 2011, 02:03

I don't think nudity matters much to him, although he seems to have avoided it in his films for most anyway, if the nudity bothered him so much why would most of his girlfriends be lingerie models etc. ?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 Jul 2011, 02:33

Lucy, I don't think the nudity bothers HIM, but I think that he is very considerate of his family and friends, and it would make them feel uncomfortable. I don't really think that her risque photos is what broke them up. He knew about them from the beginning.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 Jul 2011, 02:34

Oh, I could name a few things, but once again, Katie would wash my mouth out with soap and not let me post anymore!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 10 Jul 2011, 02:40

I think Eli has already lost a couple of her contracts and will continue too. I doubt she will be part of any Cavalli campaign she wasn't before George. I think it will be some d list reality show because that is all that would have her not sure it would last more then a season. I doubt he cared too much things seemed pretty much over by the time PETA came around he would have known he wasn't going to be around by the time the big posters came out. That will be interesting now she is the ex. She may time her big post split interview around that time to remind everyone why she got the PETA add. The problem is I just don't think Eli is very likable we have seen numerous pics of her snooty and pouty. Her career was never an A list one before George she just doesn't have the talent and most of her jobs came about because of who she was dating at the time. That is why I think she will try and hook up with someone with some fame she can't stay out of the spotlight and she needs the attention to continue to get work. If she any sort of talent she could do it on her own but she doesn't and clearly she isn't willing to work on herself either.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 10 Jul 2011, 02:43

Haha. She tends to go from job to job and bloke to bloke. That is why she needs someone else who gets attention so she can get work. I think she may off burnt a few bridges with San Remo and her bad attitude in general.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 Jul 2011, 03:00

I think you're absolutely right Dex!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 10 Jul 2011, 03:10

I don't believe she would be hiding from George, trying to listen in I would believe! I think she is far from a wallflower and have no doubts she did lots of the yelling but George haters conflict he would have gotten his point across and walked. I think he has a temper but it isn't a big screaming type more the simmering scary type! Eli's idea of a fairy tale was probably the fact she was living a very luxery type of lifestyle and when George gives a girl attention he really does. But he doesn't give constant attention and he likes the boys around. I really believe one of her big mistakes was not getting along with boys. Probably some of the arguments revolved around them and there hanging around. But they are a big part of George's life and i think if she tried to make him choose between him and them she would and did come off second best. I mean really what did they really have to fight about...her bad behaviour, her interviews and pap calls. I'm guessing all was not well for some time but because she got away with so much she got a false sense of security! Hence the snooty look what I have got pap shots in front of the hotel...... Any girl who wants a really long relationship with George needs to be a little less self absorbed and not so hot tempered and they really need to get the boys on side!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 10 Jul 2011, 04:24

It seems as if his circle of friends boys and their girls have had a lot of experience with his girlfriends over the years and are not easily befriended, not that I would imagine that they are rude or unfriendly, just know this will not last and already have a side. But wouldn't you think they might have their favorites? Like, Richards would be Krista, or Cindy's would be Sarah's?Grants, maybe Renee's????
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 10 Jul 2011, 04:35

She's too old for footballers, don't they usually date the ladies in their twenties? So whats left that will get her attention and jobs, actors- music stars?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 Jul 2011, 05:06

Who's that creepy guy from the Stones that Johnny Depp emulates? He'd be perfect for Eli!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next