George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
A wedding date and venue (?) - Page 10 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
A wedding date and venue (?) - Page 10 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
A wedding date and venue (?) - Page 10 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
A wedding date and venue (?) - Page 10 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
A wedding date and venue (?) - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
A wedding date and venue (?) - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
A wedding date and venue (?) - Page 10 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
A wedding date and venue (?) - Page 10 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
A wedding date and venue (?) - Page 10 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

A wedding date and venue (?)

+36
Cece42
doris day
it's me
/
Boshkash
Joanna
LornaDoone
sparkie
amaretti
Sevens
Donnamarie
fridadereval
jd68
fava
Rainy
Picachu
Way2Old4Dis
Doug Ross
Carolina Gal
annemarie
Mazy
Silje
socimar
Alisonfan
Katiedot
lelacorb
Missa
PigPen
Pita428
melbert
theminis
LizzyNY
hathaross
Nicky80
The next mrs clooney
party animal - not!
40 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A wedding date and venue (?) - Page 10 Empty Re: A wedding date and venue (?)

Post by melbert Thu 25 Sep 2014, 19:40

That will be the civil ceremony to make it legal, if any of the articles are to be believed.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganMorris Thu 25 Sep 2014, 19:43

Sevens wrote:
MeganMorris wrote:
Sevens wrote:Sometimes I think it's funny...nobody here ever criticizes any photos of Angelina for loving the attention. Sure she is a star and supposed to. Amal shouldn't act like she likes any camera towards her face.
Brad&Angelina and their family are more high-profile in their daily life and just getting married quietly once makes them the moral models for George? Amal isn't a star and she doesnt need all the entertainment buzz around her.George is quite good at disappearing and hiding this relationship. He shows up at an elegant event and expresses his love for her. Then disappears again. How could you tell they're not wanting to get married?
Should they just hide forever and get married secretly and suddenly? Brad&Angelina have been together for ten years so people wont be surprised anytime they get married. George and Amal are in sort of fresh crazy love phase of their relationship and they're just doing what normal couples are doing. There're always more couples in this world want to have a dream wedding in their life.

I finally was accepted in the forum and can post.
I'm a fan of Angelina and George. They're my favorite of many years.
Angelina like George is hardly seen. You only see her when they caught her in airports like LA, sometimes leaving of going to some place, or a premieres and her UNHCR work.

Angelina would have had a small wedding no matter if it was in the beginning of the relationship or now. She would never wasted that much money in a wedding, she would rather give it to the ones that need it. That's why she sells the pics, if the media will get a profit out of them  at least some of the money will go to people that need it. She and Pitt have a foundation that funds many charities, many of these charities were created long before she got together with Pitt. Like the Maddox Jolie Pitt foundation created in 2003
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wished that George would done something smaller and hadn't told the world about the wedding place etc but it's his wedding and Amal's and they should have the wedding they want. I just wish him tha they have a wonderful day and a happy life together.

I think she has had more than one wedding and it's Amal's first one so maybe they're thinking differently.
lmao
Her 2 other weddings were even smaller, she didn't even had a wedding dress. lol She was very young. I think she was 18 in the first one and 23 in the 2nd. She has said herself she was too young and shouldn't have done it, but the good thing is that her ex husbands are still her friends, they still love her and say the best things of her.

She was still growing up and trying to find who she was etc Her 2nd marriage ended because she finally found herself and what she wanted.  She was 25. She had just adopted Maddox, was with the UNHCR for a year (she started talking with them by the end of 2000 and traveling with them in Fev 2001, she was 24)

Angelina would never waste a lot of money in a wedding. That's is not what she is about.

Sorry about the brief Angelina story. lol

Getting back to George. This is his forum.

I thought George was not about that either, but maybe it's not him but Amal. It's her wedding too.

It doesn't matter if I like it or not.  It's their wedding and they should do as they feel like it. Hope is a wonderful day and they have  long happy future together.

I'm looking forward to see the pics and of George talking about the wedding.

MeganMorris
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 19:44

In another report the wedding is Saturday and brunch is sunday. Which actually makes sense Wedding on Monday makes no sense at all.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 25 Sep 2014, 19:44

Here are my two cents. I think George is doing the big wedding for her. I think Lebanese weddings have a reputation for being  big weddings. This is probably what Amal and her family want. I think the Family has more influence on this wedding because of her Lebanese background.  

So if George is not going to Lebanon to marry her then he better give her a Royal Wedding in Venice. Very Romeo and Julia. Something the  Family can be proud of. I think they expect a lavish wedding. And I would not be surprised if the family has paid for a big part of it and that they want that to be known. Look what a fancy wedding we are giving our daughter!

George might also do the big wedding for PR-reasons. But honestly I don't think this big spectacle is really his thing. Maybee that is why he sounded a bit sarcastic saying he was getting married in Venice. I still think he is getting married in Venice. Lying to a whole auditorium who just gave him an award would be tacky.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 19:46

I just think like in most weddings the bride and her family have most of the say. George is happy to give her what she wants if it makes her happy like every groom.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 25 Sep 2014, 19:49

melbert wrote:That will be the civil ceremony to make it legal, if any of the articles are to be believed.
So, Saturday and Sunday are big parties... and if the wedding night is a bust, he doesn't sign on the dotted line Monday?   Sweet.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 19:54

Welcome MeganMorris. I'm new too, almost a month. Dive into the conversation and enjoy. There's a lot going on here.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 25 Sep 2014, 20:00

LornaDoone wrote:Jolie's been married three times now.

That Johnny Miller guy (who I think is on a TV show here in the US called Sherlock) and then Billy Bob Thorton (whose blood she wore around her neck in a vial) and now Brad.

I actually think that vial thing was cool Lorna. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 25 Sep 2014, 20:36

PigPen wrote:
So, Saturday and Sunday are big parties... and if the wedding night is a bust, he doesn't sign on the dotted line Monday?   Sweet.
Pigpen - That's my girl! Never give up - It ain't over til the fat lady sings! lol!

Megan Morris - Welcome! don't let us scare you off - we bark, but we don't bite! Hello!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 25 Sep 2014, 20:40

From the Guardian an hour ago

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 25 Sep 2014, 20:41

Lizz NY, I'm just saying......................

I could be real mean ( re: fat lady) and ask if Amal's mother is singing at the wedding!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 25 Sep 2014, 20:46

PP - You have a cruel streak! LOL. I love the way your mind works. Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 25 Sep 2014, 20:47

party animal - not! wrote:From the Guardian an hour ago

Having a big wedding ( for lack of a better term.) Saturday, then another party Sunday, Then making the union legal Monday.  Crap, this is weird even by Hollywood/Clooney standards.  WTF?  And some of you ask why I think this whole thing is off by several beats. Writer\'s block Exploded badcomputer

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 25 Sep 2014, 20:49

LizzyNY wrote:PP - You have a cruel streak! LOL. I love the way your mind works. Thumbs up!
It's the Sicilian in me .

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:02

PigPen wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:PP - You have a cruel streak! LOL. I love the way your mind works. Thumbs up!
It's the Sicilian in me .

I would never have guessed you were Sicilian. I was more picturing you with blond Miss Piggy curls. (Then again I thought W2O4D was a man so I don't guess very well.) Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:18

PigPen - Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks the timeline is weird. I always thought you got married first and THEN celebrated the fact that you were married - not the other way around. But, hey, what the hell do I know? Maybe that's just how it's done in circles I'll never travel in. scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:21

CBS report a couple of hours ago

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:24

A city official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media, said city police requested the closure to prevent crowds from gathering and creating a safety risk. The official said such closures have taken place previously for both public and private events.

anonymity Oh puh-lease!

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:24

Not trying to prove I'm crazy.. though God knows there is enough evidence.. just a thought to explain the reversal of order.  Maybe, just maybe Saturday is what's been called a "commitment ceremony" for those people who feel they don't need the piece of paper to be married, and the Monday bit is hox.  Wasn't there a big rumor/story that they were going the civil thing last week?  all the press were there... Maybe there won't be a license.  Think Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell,together over 25 yrs but no license. One of the actresses on NCIS did it .  Huge wedding-no civil license.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:24

Another article quoting AP.

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:25

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Wedding Prompts City Closures In Venice
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Truth rating: 10
Amal Alamuddin associated press George Clooney
By Erica Tempesta | 3:10 pm, September 25th, 2014

George Clooney’s upcoming wedding to Amal Alamuddin has prompted Venice officials to close certain areas of the city as a safety precaution.
City officials have ordered the closure of the walkway facing Venice’s Grand Canal on Monday to keep crowds from gathering near the nuptials.
The city order cites “the George Clooney wedding” as the reason for the 2-hour closure of the walkways, which offer access to the 16th-century Cavalli Palace.
Clooney announced during a charity event in Florence earlier this month that he would be marrying Alamuddin in Venice, although he never revealed the official date.
A city official told the Associated Press that “police requested the closure to prevent crowds from gathering and creating a safety risk.”
The official also noted that similar closures have previously taken place for both public and private events, and that only city offices would be affected.
What do you think of Clooney’s wedding shutting down parts of Venice?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:29

HA! Some of you thought I'd lost it several days ago when I said the Canal was going to be closing for this fiasco..  And I still think Clooney is going to drive the boat himself.  before you start saying it's the police, not George doing this...  Bull feathers. bet he asked for it the same way he asked for the security restriction around the villa.  Go Georgie!!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:31

But, it's NOT the canal, it's the walkway, like I said.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:33

Same difference basically.  Attention getting under the disguise of public safety.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:36

PigPen wrote:Not trying to prove I'm crazy.. though God knows there is enough evidence.. just a thought to explain the reversal of order.  Maybe, just maybe Saturday is what's been called a "commitment ceremony" for those people who feel they don't need the piece of paper to be married, and the Monday bit is hox.  Wasn't there a big rumor/story that they were going the civil thing last week?  all the press were there... Maybe there won't be a license.  Think Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell,together over 25 yrs but no license. One of the actresses on NCIS did it .  Huge wedding-no civil license.

Why bother with the "wedding cermony" if you are not getting legally married? I definitely think they are getting legally married.

But is it going to be one or two ceremonies? Why would they close off that place on Monday if it was just a formal paper signing?
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:39

Because it will be a public appearance of the couple and people will go nutso!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:53

It's for a couple of hours, not unusual and apparently happens lots when there's crowding on the Rialto Bridge.

Blown up by the press of course...really really unfortunate. I'm sure they never imagined this would happen. I'd be really really embarrassed if it were me

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 22:03

Rather the press will go crazy I don't think George or Amal expected this much craziness over their wedding. If it often happens it's not a big deal but of course the press are making it one.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 25 Sep 2014, 22:27

Shutting down the walkway doesn't sound like a big deal to me. They go in, sign the papers and leave. Shouldn't take too long, They're not closing down the other side of the canal, so I'm sure tourists and the paps will get a good view if the police don't move them along.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Sep 2014, 23:45

a bit of fuss
I know

but nothing like this

look

(sorry I tried but was not able to post the image)

first day of letting them there AGAIN! there was
an accident

a scandal  Evil or Very Mad

btw
sorry to go somehow ot but you all know the Isola del Giglio mess
right?

no one by now was really capable to stop this madness

they say there is no another way

to me there is
no such big boat there!!!!

doesn't is seem fake?

sadly no

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 26 Sep 2014, 00:00

The Costa Concordia? Is she in Venice? Or is that some other big cruise ship?
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 26 Sep 2014, 00:10

a video

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 26 Sep 2014, 00:11

many many many others
look at the vid

scaring
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 26 Sep 2014, 01:59

ET's Ultimate George Clooney Wedding Guide
4:12 PM PDT, September 25, 2014

ET went on the ground in Italy to give you a guide to this weekend's three-day wedding extravaganza for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin.
This morning ET cameras went inside the Hotel Cipriani, which George booked exclusively for his wedding guests for the weekend. So what makes this spot so special?
"When he comes, he also brings his friends," said the hotel's general manager Giampaolo Ottazzi. "He's a very good friend of ours. He's been coming here for 15 years, because here he finds the right privacy."
One of the most special places in the hotel is said to be the bar, which features drinks that George helped create.
One of their cocktails, called the Buona Notte or Good Night, makes use of Casamigos tequila -- a brand made by George and friend Rande Gerber. They also have a drink called Nina's Passion, which is named after George's mom.
The wedding will reportedly take place at the Ca' Farsetti palace in Venice on Saturday. George is expected to have a small ceremony of only 60 guests. While the official guest list remains a mystery, rumors abound that Rande Gerber's wife Cindy Crawford will be there, as well as Julia Roberts, and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, with Brad rumored to be a possible best man.
George, 53, and Amal, 36, became engaged in April after first meeting in September 2013.
Watch the video for more.

Last edited by Sevens on Fri 26 Sep 2014, 02:06; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 26 Sep 2014, 02:02

Okay so let me see if I understand the millions of articles. There will be 2 days of partying in Venice with Amal in a wedding dress, but the actual legal part wont be done till Monday. Don't most people have the civil ceremony first then the reception, unless of course George/Amal already did the legal bit and no-one knows yet?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 26 Sep 2014, 02:07

It's reported(?) that the wedding ceremony will be Saturday and the civil marriage ceremony on Monday.  Yes, TheMinis, USUALLY it's the civil/religious ceremonies and then the reception.  However, with the legal civil ceremony on Monday, that will give George time to either get really drunked up or sobered up and decide if he wants to make it legal.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 26 Sep 2014, 02:27

I don't understand either. Who officiates at the Saturday ceremony when she walks down the aisle and this is all for show? They say their vows but don't get pronounced husband and wife???
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Fri 26 Sep 2014, 02:32

somebody still thinks they care how they say their vows or if they are or not husband and wife in all this mess? i believe that  its not their problem! somebody who wants all thi circus around dont care so much about WHY they are there.imo.the kardashians were classy dukes of privacy comparing to this

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 26 Sep 2014, 04:39

theminis wrote:Okay so let me see if I understand the millions of articles.  There will be 2 days of partying in Venice with Amal in a wedding dress, but the actual legal part wont be done till Monday.  Don't most people have the civil ceremony first then the reception, unless of course George/Amal already did the legal bit and no-one knows yet?  

Theminis - PigPen and I have been trying to figure this out for days. Seems to me to be ass-backwards, but what do I know. I guess if your wedding is an over-the-top extravaganza you can do whatever you want. Maybe that's how they do it in Lebanon? Just a thought.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 26 Sep 2014, 05:54

Ymight be posted somewhere else but Grant and Lysa Heslov have arrived in Venice
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 26 Sep 2014, 05:57

in Venice is legally only in 2 places
daytime
in front of an official officiant

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 08:03

Picachu wrote:Ymight be posted somewhere else but Grant and Lysa Heslov have arrived in Venice

Thanks picachu, I opened a new thread below

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 26 Sep 2014, 09:43

melbert wrote:It's reported(?) that the wedding ceremony will be Saturday and the civil marriage ceremony on Monday.  Yes, TheMinis, USUALLY it's the civil/religious ceremonies and then the reception.  However, with the legal civil ceremony on Monday, that will give George time to either get really drunked up or sobered up and decide if he wants to make it legal.

Thanks Mel, wonder if his Irish ancestry is the reason he is doing it backwards - not trying to be offensive so chill out peeps or complain
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 26 Sep 2014, 10:29

Themi, I still think it's because they want to marry on the anniversary of when they met.........on the other hand you could be right!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 26 Sep 2014, 10:31

Well theres a first time for everything PAN !
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 26 Sep 2014, 10:37

In the first article it said Friday casual party Saturday wedding and reception. I think the brunch was Sunday. Now it is three days of parties and then the wedding. We will see how it goes.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Fri 26 Sep 2014, 11:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VENEZIA - Per il matrimonio di George Clooney il Comune ha emesso un'ordinanza di interdizione al traffico perdonale nel tratto della riva del Carbon da calle Cavalli a calle del Carbon, compresa calle Corner Pisconia o Loredan dalle 12 alle 14 o fino a cessate esigenze di lunedì 29 settembre.

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Fri 26 Sep 2014, 11:10

so this is venice newspaper.they will close some canals on monday morning;thats it

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 26 Sep 2014, 11:10

I am glad George wasn't being sarcastic when he said the  wedding was in Venice. They probably have it so locked down the press won't be getting much of anything.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 26 Sep 2014, 11:41

Thanks Doris!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next