George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties

+16
Philippago
Carla97
Mazy
Maggy
LornaDoone
bgarabedian
Margou
melbert
Picachu
annemarie
Joanna
fava
jd68
Katiedot
Nicky80
party animal - not!
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties Empty Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 May 2014, 08:52

This from the paper that first broke us the news that Gorge was in Dubai

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you Frenchiesfans

google translation

Someone told me ...

The marriage of George Clooney and Amal Alameddine prepares to (very) fast and we know a little more about the event that is likely to have direct first place in the top 50 people last fifteen years .
A reliable and very close to the family 's lawyer says a source XXL ceremony in the presence of showbiz , is scheduled Sept. 12 in Italy, but not on the shores of Lake Como, famous paparazzi and the public . It will be followed by a reception in Lebanon. Yes , Lebanon ! Nothing however disproportionate , according to the same source , which insists that the actor has decided to visit the homeland of his future half and meet all its " mohicannne " tribe. George is already gone down to business : his secretaries are in contact with Lebanese companies specialized in VIP close protection , and recently a pro 3D took pictures of the road and the Chouf Mir Amine Palace in Beiteddine . Contacted, the hotel management has declined to comment .
One question remains : What is Matt Damon, Brad Pitt and other ... accompany him in Lebanon? One can only dream ...

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 18 May 2014, 11:55; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added text / edit title)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties Empty Re: Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties

Post by Nicky80 Tue 13 May 2014, 09:17

Ok I don't understand...according to the source the wedding should be on the 12th September in Italy (but not lake Como) and the reception in Lebanon? 

Isn't a reception just getting together and having drinks?
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties Empty Re: Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties

Post by Katiedot Tue 13 May 2014, 09:28

Isn't a wedding just getting together and having drinks?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 13 May 2014, 09:32

Here is the link to the hotel mentioned

Not bad! Wouldn't be at all surprised......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Tue 13 May 2014, 10:07

I would be shocked it the wedding was in Lebanon. She was born there but her life appears to be in London. Most of her family isn't even there. Plus, as someone that has family in Lebanon, you never know what is going to happen in that part of the world. Problems can arise with Israel at the drop of a hat - not to mention the conflict in neighboring Syria which could spill over. We once had tickets to Beirut but had to change our plans when the airport was bombed by Israel - no flights in or out when there are no runways.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 13 May 2014, 13:32

Even the article does not say the wedding will be in Lebanon--just a reception. Which does not even have to be the same day as the wedding and may not even be true.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 13 May 2014, 13:37

Katiedot wrote:Isn't a wedding just getting together and having drinks?  
LOL yes kind of...but I was wondering why you have a wedding on one country and the reception in another country. But ok....I'm fine with it as long as I see pictures hehehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 13 May 2014, 14:06

A lot of couples here in UK now get married abroad...Cyprus, Cuba, Bahamas etc with just themselves or close family....they then have a honeymoon there.
Afterwards, when they're back home, they have a big party/reception/get together for everyone else. 

Maybe that's the type of thing the article 
is referring to ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 13 May 2014, 19:50

I think this is all a smoke screen so no one will know when the wedding is taking place. There will probably be plenty more places for the event until it actually happens.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Tue 13 May 2014, 20:17

we will actually get sick of hearing it
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 13 May 2014, 21:11

Picachu wrote:we will actually get sick of hearing it

Yes we will.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 14 May 2014, 01:24

I keep offering my back yard but no one has called me yet.

It's 866-Lornas-BackYard

Yea figure out the damn numbers on your own!

And the call is only $20 a minute. CHEEP!

brahahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 14 May 2014, 01:30

I've got a pleasent back garden, surrounded by trees with a westerly view for sunsets....and Owls at night.

Oh....no hot tub though.
BumTits !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 14 May 2014, 02:20

Well, Joanna, we could get one of those blow up kiddy pools, and then you could feed everybody beans, so then we could have a Jacuzzi.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Margou Wed 14 May 2014, 07:25

12.9. is the birthday from Elisabetta Canalis...i don´t like her but i think he was in the first time really smitten....so really this date and Italy?

Margou
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Wed 14 May 2014, 07:48

Looks like she is the head of this marriage. He seems to do whatever she wants and I hope George will not be a follower but a leader. First Italy, then lebanon & who knows where else. He has the money to pay for everyone who will fly out there and he wants his wedding day to be extra special which he has the right to. I wish him all the happiness & love and a beautiful future ahead. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 14 May 2014, 08:23

melbert wrote:Well, Joanna, we could get one of those blow up kiddy pools, and then you could feed everybody beans, so then we could have a Jacuzzi.

Good idea Mel  Thumbs up! 

Wherever and whenever their wedding day is, I just hope a few
photos are released for George's loyal fans to share.

After all, it's a special time for his faithful fans too  Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 14 May 2014, 15:08

Oh yea right he still so smitten with Eli that he picks her birthday to have his wedding.  

Give me a break.  If he did pick her birthday it would be to spite her.  

Delusional please step to the right of the moving walkway......
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 14 May 2014, 16:54

"Delusional please step to the right of the moving walkway......"

Funny Lorna  Yahooooo 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties Empty Wedding in Lebanon?

Post by Maggy Wed 14 May 2014, 18:05

Nicky80 wrote:"Delusional please step to the right of the moving walkway......"

Funny Lorna  Yahooooo 

You ladies are too much!  Laughing
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 14 May 2014, 18:10

Photos posted are in a different thread - deleted.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Margou Thu 15 May 2014, 03:57

Lorna, the reason why i rarely write is, i could much understand when i read but writing? What i will say, i would find it insensitive and i don`t think he is insensitive.

And i don`t think he is now smitten with Elisabetta, i have written "in the first time"...not now and i don`t think he is smitten with Stacy and I`m very happy he is in love with Amal, because i like her from the first Moment.

I couldn`t say more than, sorry for my bad English. My schooldays are 32 years over, and i mustn`t speak English in my real life so my only practice is to read here and other sides and i read here very long, before i wrote the first time....and i think it is better, for now i only read here and write only two word phrases.

Margou
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 15 May 2014, 04:24

English is working fine. :-)

I may have read your intent incorrectly so thank you for clarifying.

Frankly, I doubt George thinks much at all about his ex girlfriends. Most guys are clueless about birthdays and such so I guess my point was that if the date of their wedding is being theorized as falling on the same day, I doubt it would have been intentional.

Thanks for commenting. I know writing in a non-native language is more difficult that reading it.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 15 May 2014, 04:27

Margou wrote:Lorna, the reason why i rarely write is, i could much understand when i read but writing? What i will say, i would find it insensitive and i don`t think he is insensitive.

And i don`t think he is now smitten with Elisabetta, i have written "in the first time"...not now and i don`t think he is smitten with Stacy and I`m very happy he is in love with Amal, because i like her from the first Moment.

I couldn`t say more than, sorry for my bad English. My schooldays are 32 years over, and i mustn`t speak English in my real life so my only practice is to read here and other sides and i read here very long, before i wrote the first time....and i think it is better, for now i only read here and write only two word phrases.

Do not worry you wrote that very well.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 15 May 2014, 07:01

Margou....your English is Brilliant !   Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 15 May 2014, 07:57

Lebanon is a bit comme ci comme ça. My suggestion is Yemen. Sana'a is a beautiful city full of culture. Honeymoon destination Socotra also close by. Amal speaks the language and I bet G has learned a lot already.

Bono and Lady Gaga could come and perform "we are the world", I don´t think they have performed there before.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippago Thu 15 May 2014, 12:54

Lorna, thou hast thou not dick to do but to cancel my photos, it seems, but found something better to spend your time, you're obsessed! What happens if I put themes too? Italy-US war?

Lorna, tu  non c'hai un cazzo da fare che cancellare le mie foto, a quanto pare, ma trovati qualcosa di meglio per passare il tempo, sei ossessionata! cosa temi succeda se le metto anch'io ? una guerra Italia-Usa?
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippago Thu 15 May 2014, 13:56

Do not know if GC still feels something for Elisabetta, so much to do a tribute to her by getting married on the day of his birthday, but if he is getting married in Italy and 12 September ... something maybe try again, or perhaps sympathy or resentment as she left him, but who knows maybe it can happen that George asks Elisabetta to be a witness at his wedding, after all it is very pleasant to have around a beautiful girl.
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 15 May 2014, 14:53

It is very pleasant to have around a beautiful girl - so George will have Amal - I think we will see pink pigs flying all over Como if Elisabetta attends the wedding of George.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 15 May 2014, 15:56

It has been said that they met in Sept and want to marry on the anniversary of that day. If it is the 12 then that could be the date. Nothing to do with Eli at all.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 15 May 2014, 18:54

It´s possible. His mother said differently so that´s odd. But I actually believe more on this Sept thing. Personally I remember it very well. Loeb thing as I was trading HLF and my dear colleague moved to dubai, and I swear to god there were thread about Dubai here at the time of him parting.

Poor chap.

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 15 May 2014, 18:56

Some time between Venice and Vancouver then...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Wedding in Lebanon? - September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties Empty September 12 wedding - two venues, three parties

Post by party animal - not! Sun 18 May 2014, 02:07

And the latest story........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 18 May 2014, 02:25

I read somewhere before it would be Sep. 12, a Friday?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 18 May 2014, 04:12

Yes, it’s really happening! George Clooney sets September date for wedding to human rights lawyer
A close friend says that the couple aim to get married on September 12

They will tell friends and family to fly to Italy and then Lebanon in September

Impatient Clooney set a date to marry a week after popping the question

By Mail On Sunday Reporter

Published: 18:56 EST, 17 May 2014 | Updated: 20:34 EST, 17 May 2014

George Clooney has set a date for his wedding to beautiful human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin – just a week after popping the question.

According to a close friend of Amal, she is poised to send out save the date cards warning friends and family they will need to fly to Italy and then to Lebanon in September.

‘September 12 is the date they are aiming for,’ said the friend of Lebanese born, British raised Amal, 35.

Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney's fiancee, is seen carrying on with her day to day life despite being engaged to the most eligible bachelor in the world

Director and actor George Clooney arrives at Omega's dinner party in Shanghai

It's on: The couple look set to get married on September 12, according to a close friend of Amal Alamuddin

‘Everyone thinks they will marry in Lake Como where George owns a beautiful home but Amal feels that is too public.

'They are looking to host a small wedding in an Italian village where they can control the photographers. But they haven’t decided yet.

'They will then have big parties for her relatives in Lebanon and London.’

George, 53, wooed Amal after meeting her last September – so the wedding will fall on their one year anniversary.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 18 May 2014, 08:12

But sept isn't when they met is it so can't be a 1 year anniversary but then don't believe everything you read
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 18 May 2014, 09:27

We don't really know when they met do we ?

Hope the wedding is soon and I hope they will allow 
a few official pictures, like any other couple.
(I didn't say "normal" couple !)
I love a wedding !

Obviously George will know that if a few pictures are promised then the Paps will keep away...and Gio is an expert at that excercise.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 18 May 2014, 09:31

No true Joanna but Nina did say they had met her a year ago so that's earlier than September
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 18 May 2014, 09:42

I don't mind when they met....I'm just pleased that 
they did meet.  flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 18 May 2014, 09:58

I agree Picachu they definitely met pre September and no doubt on his radar for a long time before that too.

As to weddings, highly unlikely that George will want it to turn into a media circus so no doubt more than likely they will keep it as private as possible until the day arrives.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 18 May 2014, 10:25

me too, im glad they met, its nice to see a couple in love and happy
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 18 May 2014, 11:56

Merged threads and adjust thread title
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 18 May 2014, 13:03

I think if Amal wants privacy she needs to shut her friends up.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 18 May 2014, 13:14

Yep. It is either a very leaky boat, or we should have a new thread entitled Red Herrings...................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LJN2606 Sun 18 May 2014, 15:07

I wonder why the rush to get married. His one year anniversary with Eli was a huge party and we see how that ended. If you believe all the reports of his past girlfriends, he was smitten with ALL of them. Krista was the only one who really understood George, blah, blah, blah.

You really can't get to know someone in 7 months - IMO. Yes, you can fall in love and want to spend all your time with that person, but after the hormones calm down then you start REALLY getting to know someone. Again - this is my opinion.

LJN2606
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 18 May 2014, 15:12

I think they both realize that they want to be married so why wait. I think they are old enough to know what they want and have in each other.. His parents got engaged on the first date and they are still together and happy. A long engagement or dating history doesn't mean a marriage will last.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 18 May 2014, 15:52

Philippago wrote:Lorna, thou hast thou not dick to do but to cancel my photos, it seems, but found something better to spend your time, you're obsessed! What happens if I put themes too? Italy-US war?

Lorna, tu  non c'hai un cazzo da fare che cancellare le mie foto, a quanto pare, ma trovati qualcosa di meglio per passare il tempo, sei ossessionata! cosa temi succeda se le metto anch'io ? una guerra Italia-Usa?

As I said the photos you posted were already posted in the appropriate thread.

They were duplicates. Post in the correct thread and thou won't be deleted.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 18 May 2014, 15:54

Philippago wrote:Do not know if GC still feels something for Elisabetta, so much to do a tribute to her by getting married on the day of his birthday, but if he is getting married in Italy and 12 September ... something maybe try again, or perhaps sympathy or resentment as she left him, but who knows maybe it can happen that George asks Elisabetta to be a witness at his wedding, after all it is very pleasant to have around a beautiful girl.

Ah yes, history re-invented.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 18 May 2014, 15:57

LornaDoone wrote:
Philippago wrote:Do not know if GC still feels something for Elisabetta, so much to do a tribute to her by getting married on the day of his birthday, but if he is getting married in Italy and 12 September ... something maybe try again, or perhaps sympathy or resentment as she left him, but who knows maybe it can happen that George asks Elisabetta to be a witness at his wedding, after all it is very pleasant to have around a beautiful girl.

Ah yes, history re-invented.

Yes she left after he dumped her.

New readers here don't want them to get the wrong impression but really now this is going into 4 years ago. She's moved on with several men he's now on his second (or third if you believe Ms. "Boo") iteration of woman and yet you continue to think he's going to get back together with her.

Please when she gets the wedding invitation, please post it here. It will be nice to see what it looks like.

brahahahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 18 May 2014, 16:00

Now to get back on topic.

I think having a reception in two different cities isn't that strange considering the cost of transporting folks to destination weddings/receptions. And also the cost to the participants if not in money but definitely in time. So I wouldn't be surprised it there were two receptions.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next