George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 14 EmptyToday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 14 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 14 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 14 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 14 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 14 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 14 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin and her work

+61
melbert
Jenn
LornaDoone
Mazy
Sevens
Nicky80
fridadereval
Doug Ross
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
/
Alisonfan
Silje
LizzyNY
JMK
party animal - not!
Hebe
globalchick
lamby
pandabear
Dior
iamnoone
monaco
happycat
Catie
LJN2606
bamboochacha
bgarabedian
The next mrs clooney
isogotit
Margaret
premiere
Picachu
phys major
PigPen
Atalante
sparkie
Missa
ispy
jusquatoi2014
ace
bellybaby
silly willy
playfuldeb
Pita428
What Would He Say
lelacorb
chiki
cupcake
Pari
Maggy
madsky
NewFanForever
Lighterside
Carla97
theminis
Love hides in his hair.
catwoman
fava
Butterfly
silly girl
65 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Amal Alamuddin and her work - Page 14 Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin and her work

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Sep 2014, 19:49

PigPen wrote:I'm confused again ( what else is new), and maybe I'm splitting hairs.. is she a lawyer or barrister?  We bantered that around, on another thread, but I'm lost.
 It's the same thing.  All barristers are lawyers.  Not all lawyers are barristers. The same way that all paediatricians are doctors but not all doctors are paediatricians.

In the UK we separate our lawyers into different roles. I can't be bothered to go and google the differences right now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 12 Sep 2014, 19:55

Thanks Katie.  Looking that up will give me something to do while the laundry dries.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Tue 14 Oct 2014, 18:08

did anyone see the pics of amal standing in line with her suitcase?  she has lost even more weight and appears at least to me to be seriously anorexic and dangerously thin.  I do not think it is the camera angle either!!

this is from that daily mail article

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Tue 14 Oct 2014, 18:11

btw I am not meaning to nitpik I love it that she is back to work using that brilliant mind of hers, my post was concern for her welfare which is silly of me she has her husband mom & dad and others to help & support her but my goodness Sad

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by / Tue 14 Oct 2014, 18:34

There are other pictures of her wearing those pants and her legs look equally thin in them. She already was that skinny I think.

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Tue 14 Oct 2014, 18:44

I agree there are numerous pics of her in those but if you look at pictures of her even a year ago she is NOT *that* thin?  I mean I know i need my eyes checked but.........................

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 14 Oct 2014, 19:03

She does look thinner than she did last summer but she doesn't look thinner than she has this past spring and summer. The pants are not as fitted and the sweater is loose so it doesn't define her figure as much. When she wears styles that are fitted they define her figure and, I think, are more complimentary to her body. The dress she wore today for meetings was more flattering to her figure.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 14 Oct 2014, 19:12

I'm not judging her. If she is healthy and comfortable at her weight, fine. But I do think she has been steadily losing weight and has become extremely thin. Her arms look like matchsticks and her collarbones protrude. I won't pretend to know why she's become so thin, but I do hope now that things are getting back to "normal" for her, she will put some weight on.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Tue 14 Oct 2014, 19:38

I saw the picture of her standing in line at the airport.  She is relatively thin (or thinner).  At least she doesn't have to work out like so many of the ex's.  I'm not judging her either.

Last edited by isogotit on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 19:54; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Tue 14 Oct 2014, 20:23

well you got me there Donnamarie I am TERRIBLE at dressing myself and wouldn't know how clothing is how to fit to save my life so may its how the trousers are fit, cut & hang.  I dunno.  and maybe its true now that all the hoohah over the wedding is over her life will settle into a normal pattern.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Oct 2014, 20:46

I think most brides loose some weight before their
wedding due to nerves, excitement etc etc.
Amal would be no exception I'd imagine, especially
with all the media coverage, which I for one
enjoyed immensely !

Sofa bounce
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 15 Oct 2014, 01:03

TMZ led with a story about her tonight One of their "reporters" said she'd better not gain any weight or George will dump her. This from a woman, no less. What idiots!

She was the lead story on The Insider and ET tonight, too. If George isn't careful she'll be a bigger star than he is! Very Happy  The US media is in love with her. Too bad they can't get their facts straight. They didn't know that she's been working on this for three years and thought maybe she got involved because the Elgin Marbles are one of George's causes. IMO, it's the other way around.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:48

Voilà, there you have it. Will the Queen be impressed, ... Laughing

The Belgian television news showed something far more interesting: the unemployment rate in Greece, the poverty, ... .
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 05 Nov 2014, 20:09

Press Statement by A Clooney and M Wassouf - Mr Mohamed Fahmy

05.11.14 |
Amal Clooney, Mark Wassouf

Amal Clooney and Mark Wassouf, counsel for Mr. Mohamed Fahmy, a journalist currently imprisoned in Egypt, have issued a statement calling for Mr. Fahmy’s conviction to be overturned and for him to be released.
An English version of the press statement is available here; and an Arabic version is available here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Statement:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 05 Nov 2014, 20:19

They've been waiting on the Egyptian courts for months to make a ruling on this, but obviously his health is now a cause for concern.

Staggering that Egypt can hold three Al Jazeera journalists for so long without any decision being made..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Thu 06 Nov 2014, 03:13

You know one thing that is already becoming clear is that Amal's increased profile is NOT making her more effective professionally. After Amal's little publicity tour in Greece in which she mainly promoted herself and what she was wearing, the situation is still the same. The marbles are in England and they aren't going to be given back. And I bet this little press release is a further waste of time. 

I can see Amal being completely ineffective except in getting publicity for herself in her highly publicised mini royal tours. The only thing that will change is sales of the fashion she is wearing. Jolie has achieved nothing either except publicity for herself. Someone at one of the refugee camps she went to said that Jolie arrived got photographed with them for the publicity for herself and left straight after by private jet to her castle in France but for the refugees nothing ever changed. But these celebrity "humanitarians " only want the PR and glory out if it. The real people on the ground making a difference are lowly paid aid workers not the celebrities who get the glory and the money.

Note that Amal is distancing herself from the shifty characters she has represented in the past.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Thu 06 Nov 2014, 04:31

Yes, I do agree this statement about her work and another publicity stunt to show off her fashion and she talks big about those marbles being moved, but I can see other qualified people doing this and she just seems to me, about being on the cameras and showing off her fashion.She was not that important when she was without george, now she is in demand and well known. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:07

Hope AC changed the person who wrote her speech in Greece, you to remember "Horseman has his head blah blah". It was wrong statue, ha ha ha. AC quick to respond she did not write it! If nothing had been said. She would have taken credit.
So again she just to sign on the dotted line AND take the credit for someone else's work, unless it goes wrong. Then embarrassingly quickly shrug it off. Very thick skin behavior.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:07

Amal Clooney calls on Egypt to release journalist Mohamed Fahmy
Al-Jazeera journalist’s lawyer says he needs urgent treatment for Hepatitis C and a shoulder injury exacerbated by time in jail

Amal Clooney has called on the Egyptian government to release her client Mohamed Fahmy on medical grounds, after she disclosed that the jailed al-Jazeera journalist is suffering from Hepatitis C.
In a statement released through her London-based chambers, the prominent rights lawyer said Fahmy was imprisoned on spurious grounds, and needed urgent treatment for both Hepatitis C and a shoulder injury that has been exacerbated by his time in jail.
“Mr Fahmy’s trial was fundamentally unfair and his imprisonment a travesty of justice,” Clooney said in a text co-authored with Mark Wassouf, another barrister at Doughty Street chambers. “Egypt’s Supreme Court should overturn his conviction and release him when it hears his appeal. And in the meantime the authorities should grant him temporary release so that he can receive the medical treatment that he so urgently needs.”

Fahmy has been jailed since last December along with two al-Jazeera colleagues, the Australian ex-BBC correspondent Peter Greste and local producer Baher Mohamed. In June the three were convicted of aiding terrorists, doctoring footage, and conspiring against Egypt’s national security, charges observers said were clearly politicised. The trio worked for al-Jazeera English, whose affiliation with the Qatari-owned al-Jazeera Arabic network – a network whose clear antipathy for the current Egyptian government severely riled the authorities in Cairo – was the most prominent factor in their arrest and conviction.
Fahmy has enlisted Clooney as his international counsel after becoming dissatisfied with the quality of legal support offered by al-Jazeera. In Egypt itself, he is also represented by his own lawyer, Negad el-Boraie.
Al-Jazeera has separately been accused of taking measures that worsen the trio’s plight, such as threatening to sue the Egyptian government in the weeks before the trio’s verdict was due, an unhelpful move to which Clooney seemed to allude in her comments. “Al-Jazeera English – Mr Fahmy’s employer when he was arrested – should take positive steps to assist him in his bid for freedom and refrain from taking any action that might undermine his cause,” Clooney said.
Clooney has previously worked in Egypt as a researcher for the International Bar Association Human Rights Initiative (IBAHRI), compiling a report on flaws in Egypt’s judicial System.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 06 Nov 2014, 19:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:12

Like I said, she's making a complete fool of herself. It will blow up in her face !
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:33

No one really cares about another Muslim in jail. Everyone's had enough of hearing about them, people are sick of hearing about terrorists, ISIS etc. If Amal is going to make that her focus she will find she gets nowhere fast. 

This case will be another failure for her like the Greek marbles. She will get nowhere. I wonder if she will go on another one of her "royal tours" to Egypt, changing her outfit 3 times a day and bringing along a makeup artist and hairdresser?  Rolling Eyes 

Also I note she has a sidekick who "coauthored" the report. I bet he did all the work while HER name goes first and she takes the credit?

By the way check out the Doughty chambers website where Amal is about 1 of 100 junior counsel. Some of them look pretty hardcore. They know Amal has just spent the best part of a year on vacation. I'm sure some of them take a dim view of her attention seeking trip in Greece. I bet they are smiling to her face but stabbing her in the back. Their pictures are there and some of the women are attractive - a lot prettier than Amal. I can't imagine they think much of their ostentatious showoffy Lebanese coworker. I've mentioned before on this site that I know a few lawyers - including a human rights lawyer - and they found Amal's antics in Venice to be offputting and over the top. I'm sure her colleagues feel the same.

I bet things will get very tense soon at "work". Mind you I bet she is hardly ever there - she hasn't been for the last year she's been in the US and on an endless vacation with George. And soon she will require another "extended leave of absence" to attend the Golden Globes, Oscars, Emmy's etc etc. Her co-workers will be rolling their eyes. Amal is rapidly losing the respect of her peers I'm sure.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:41

I'm confused. This is a statement released purely for the press? Is this standard operating procedure in the UK? Was it released in answer to questions from the press? It seems to be a statement of the obvious; of course his attorneys think he "should be" released and "should" receive care.

But what legal purpose does it serve? This isn't a case where public opinion makes a difference in the court's decision. I don't get it.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:51

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I'm confused. This is a statement released purely for the press? Is this standard operating procedure in the UK? Was it released in answer to questions from the press? It seems to be a statement of the obvious; of course his attorneys think he "should be" released and "should" receive care.

But what legal purpose does it serve? This isn't a case where public opinion makes a difference in the court's decision. I don't get it.
The purpose is to use Amal's name - the CLOONEY name - to get publicity in the newspapers and media about the case in the hope that that will put "pressure" on the Egyptian government who will decide to release him because they are "embarrassed".

After all what has George achieved in the Sudan? From what I gather - he has achieved nothing. One of his Sudan cohorts said that he can "bring attention" to the Sudan. That if George doesn't get involved no one will think or care about it AT ALL. Of course the celebrity in question also gets good PR for themselves. Ask Angelina Jolie.

But Way2Old4Dis you have made a pertinent point. Amal has shifted from being a lawyer to using the Clooney name to become a "celebrity lawyer" that gets media attention for humanitarian issues. And that, my dear, is what i have been saying all along. And that is why they had the whole 4 day wedding spectacle and sold all the photos. To make her a "media star". 

Amal doesn't seem to be in the lawyer business any more but has shifted into the PR business. As we saw from her Greek Marbles trip. It's now become about using the Clooney name and wearing designer dresses to get publicity and about issuing media releases IMO.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again - I think that Amal is getting shallower by the minute. I bet she spends more time reading Vogue and Harper's Bazaar than reading the latest law journals. When she's not having tea at the Savoy of course.  Laughing

Unfortunately Amal is rapidly developing a very inflated view of her own self importance which sadly George also has. And the people they surround themselves with are feeding it IMO. 

The below 2 quotes posted by Siljie in the London post wedding party thread are scary. Especially that person who went up to George and said "do something about the Rohingya Muslims". As though George will wave a magic wand or is so ALL POWERFUL that he can change their fate. 

Those in our table agreed that George and Amal with their popularity have a unique opportunity to take up world issues especially on human rights that otherwise would remain hidden from public knowledge.  The British diplomat in Iraq of Women in the UN agreed that it would be a welcome path for the newly weds — Amal and George — as advocates of what is good and human for the world. While it is true that George has already taken up some human rights issues as well, we hope Amal will take the lead for this initiative  they could take up as a couple.

The handsome actor gallantly took her hand and kissed it as she poured her heart to please, please do something about the genocide against the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar.  I did not know what the topic of conversation was all about but I was surprised that she had decided to talk directly about the issue that was haunting her for months now — how to save the Rohingya Muslims.

Last edited by globalchick on Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:24; edited 2 times in total

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:53

No one really cares about another Muslim in jail. Everyone's had enough of hearing about them, people are sick of hearing about terrorists, ISIS etc. If Amal is going to make that her focus she will find she gets nowhere fast. 

Saying "Muslim" and "terrorists and ISIS" in the same breath, as if they are interchangeable or permanently linked, is appallingly bigoted.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:01

"No one really cares about another Muslim in jail."  Wow global, racist much?

It's comments like this that gives us a clear picture of your agenda.

Your obsession with George and your quite obvious envy of Amal is truly bringing out the worst in you.

You marginalize yourself with comments like and if there were any chance comments you make would be taken seriously you destroy it every time you type a phrase.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:03

After all what has George achieved in the Sudan? From what I gather - he has achieved nothing. One of his Sudan cohorts said that he can "bring attention" to the Sudan. That if George doesn't get involved no one will think of care about it AT ALL.

Talk to the groups and individuals who have received ongoing assistance that would not have come otherwise had it not been for George's involvement.

Talk to the heads of state who were persuaded to act in a legislative capacity in support of establishing the new nation of South Sudan as a result of George's personal informational visits and campaigning.

Talk to the government leaders who have been assisted with military intelligence from the SSP, without which even more innocents would have been killed.

I get that you're not impressed with George and Amal. We all do. But you don't do yourself any favors when you spew these kinds of statements to back your case against them.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:09

Way2Old4Dis wrote:

Saying "Muslim" and "terrorists and ISIS" in the same breath, as if they are interchangeable or permanently linked, is appallingly bigoted.
Perhaps I should clarify. This is not MY view but reflects the weariness that many people feel about constantly seeing these stories in the news.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:10

I take it all these 'constructive' comments are being addressed to Mark Wassouff as well? No?

Lorna, the statement was released by Doughty Street Chambers via the International Bar Association.......and the Guardian's legal editor is continuing his coverage of this case.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:13

I rarely read globalchick's comments. I did this morning and your first sentence is "No one really cares about another Muslim in jail. Everyone's tired of hearing about themselves..." I have no respect for someone making bigoted comments like that. You want to prove your points about George and Amal then use facts. Your comments are BS!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:16

Alisonfan wrote:

Hope AC changed the person who wrote her speech in Greece, you to remember "Horseman has his head blah blah".  It was wrong statue, ha ha ha.  AC quick to respond she did not write it!  

I didn't know anything about this story.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:16

globalchick wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:

Perhaps I should clarify. This is not MY view but reflects the weariness that many people feel about constantly seeing these stories in the news.

So you're just speaking very forcefully on behalf of many people with whom you don't agree?

Sure.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:18

LornaDoone wrote:Your obsession with George and your quite obvious envy of Amal is truly bringing out the worst in you.

Lorna I am afraid that YOU are the one with nearly 6000 posts on George. 

It is clear to everyone that YOU are the one obsessed with George not me who has less than 100 posts. 

And no I am most definitely not envious of Amal. I would not want to look like her at all, and would not want to be with George as he is too old for me.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:31

Lorna doesn't need defending, but I'll just point out that not only does she comment in many, if not most, of the threads, and that she's a moderator, which sometimes requires her to post even when she doesn't have a comment on the subject of the thread.

You, on the other hand, have posts that read like a cut-and-paste diatribe on one subject.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:44

globalchick wants attention and she is getting it. Obviously her making a statement about Muslims the way she did she knew we would respond the way we have. She makes so many sensational comments and we do play into her hand. We shouldn't.

I have no respect for anything she says here.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 06 Nov 2014, 13:56

I agree with you, and in most circumstances I would ignore someone so blatantly trolling for contention.

But globalchick has shown herself to be a racist, and I make it a point to call racists on their bullshit. Staying quiet allows people like her to fester. Racists are like pus-filled abscesses; you have to lance their nastiness to make them go away.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Thu 06 Nov 2014, 14:16

Ridiculous.

"Nobody really cares about another Buddhist in jail. "

And nobody would call me a racist for that sentence.

You can also fill in a lot of other words, for example American, man from Texas etc.

"Nobody really cares about another man from Texas in jail.....people are sick of hearing about Dallas Oil Company.."

Will you call me a racist now?

I dare you Very Happy
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 06 Nov 2014, 14:21

Again, don't take half the statement and try to make an argument out of it. Nice try, though.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 06 Nov 2014, 14:27

globalchick wrote:

And no I am most definitely not envious of Amal. I would not want to look like her at all, and would not want to be with George as he is too old for me.
globalchick -  Just how old are you? You wouldn't want to be Amal because of her looks? What about all the things she's accomplished in her life? They don't count because you don't think she's pretty?
     You don't want to be with George because he's too old for you? He's too smart for you, too, so even if he was free you wouldn't have to worry about him beating a path to your door.

The way you belabor the points you make - saying the same things over and over and over again- as if you can make them true by repetition; the things you state as fact - in absolutes - using words like "everyone", "nobody" - your statements that Amal is now the focus of jealousy and disdain from every corner when it's really only your assumption (perhaps reflecting your feelings?) - All this and more tell me that you are either very young or very immature.

If you feel so strongly that these two people are undeserving of their popularity and the approval they get on this site, then I don't understand why you post here. It's unlikely you'll find many here who will agree with you. There are plenty of other sites where you can find like-minded posters who will happily join you in bashing everything George related.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 06 Nov 2014, 14:32

Dior wrote:Ridiculous.

"Nobody really cares about another Buddhist in jail. "

And nobody would call me a racist for that sentence.

You can also fill in a lot of other words, for example American, man from Texas etc.

"Nobody really cares about another man from Texas in jail.....people are sick of hearing about Dallas Oil Company.."

Will you call me a racist now?

I dare you Very Happy

Dior - I'm confused. Is this a joke? Are you defending globalchick? I don't get it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 06 Nov 2014, 14:59

I think there is a George-bashing site. Maybe globalchick just uses this site as a warm-up before posting there.

It's quite obvious she has no regard for George. She certainly is not a fan. She's here to get attention.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 06 Nov 2014, 15:59

I think when someone writes in their post "everyone" and "many people"
and "I bet" and "I'm sure" over & over again, it shows a a distinct lack of insight and perception about the way people think !

How do they "know" what people think ?
How much do they "bet" on what they are "sure" of ?

Oh yes of course.....a crystal ball has come out of the cupboard of a certain poster, who writes more than one paragraph saying the same thing over and over again and who now appears to be a racist.   Vomit 1
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Thu 06 Nov 2014, 16:42

Joanna, you just need to read the comments of other people, then you would know what they think, not?

She was referring to what people were posting on other websites and their opinions and she made that clear in her comments.

I also read millions of negative comments, it kept me busy while I was in bed with influenza.

And yes, I am defending globalchick, not only because I find her comments interesting and there might be more truth in them then you want to know.

I think it is a shame, when so many adult people go together and a attack one person for having a different opinion.
To accuse her being a racist is cruel and I don't know if her racism got lost in translation for me, I thought, she wrote that she didn't mean it that way.

If you don't like her and her opinion, you could ignore her and leave up the rest to the mods instead of jumping on her altogether.

When I see somebody is getting mobbed, I must help, at last try to help, because now I am the mean girl too.

You bunch of Princesses!

Pah!
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 06 Nov 2014, 16:52

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I'm confused. This is a statement released purely for the press? Is this standard operating procedure in the UK? Was it released in answer to questions from the press? It seems to be a statement of the obvious; of course his attorneys think he "should be" released and "should" receive care.

I think it is because there is no more or other reference in the press or online regarding Amal.  So this will bridge the void, less we forget her.
As she is relatively new to celebrity world she could be forgotten, much quicker if not to be constant press releases.
This will do for this week.  
The twitter stuff on other thread, will not cut it to online.  Especially, as from a PR ppl.  No picture - no proof.
Again, just trying to look like complete relationship. This kind of stuff makes me more suspicious, not less.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 06 Nov 2014, 17:05

LOL LOL Doir.....I'm far from a Princess. Shocked
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 06 Nov 2014, 17:19

".......and who now appears to be a racist."

Apologies if this offends.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 06 Nov 2014, 17:56

..........and back to the trousers and their fit. Take a look at the BBC Global interview of her with Jon Sopel about Yulia Tymoshenko. Same trousers.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Thu 06 Nov 2014, 20:26

I am not a GEorge or Amal hater I am still questioning this whole marriage.  Sorry don't mean to offend anyone.  As far as her work I believe she was just working in this firm a year ago.  My sister is an affluent attorney and works on many high profile projects.  She doesn't follow George nor has she ever heard of Amal.  She thought it was quite strange that Amal would bring a hairstylist and makeup artist with her, and that she was wearing and advertising for Oscar De Larentis.  As far as the pictures of Amal looking at the statues she laughed and said this was laughable and is sure people working for this firm think she is nothing more but advertising for firm.   When I told her she was George Clooney's new wife she rolled her eyes and said figures.  If you look at those pics in the museum they were not taken by the papparazi.  I am pretty sure the museum would not let them in when this important meeting was taking place.  
    As far as comparing her to Jackie O, please, now that is laughable.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 06 Nov 2014, 20:34

LizzyNY wrote:TMZ led with a story about her tonight One of their "reporters" said she'd better not gain any weight or George will dump her. This from a woman, no less. What idiots!

She was the lead story on The Insider and ET tonight, too. If George isn't careful she'll be a bigger star than he is! Very Happy  The US media is in love with her. Too bad they can't get their facts straight. They didn't know that she's been working on this for three years and thought maybe she got involved because the Elgin Marbles are one of George's causes. IMO, it's the other way around.
Hey Lizzy... doing some back reading to catch up.   I don't think it's Amal, the person, the American media is in love with.  My opinion...  they're crazy about the woman who snagged the big fish.  If he had  married a female troll.. I'm willing to bet she'd get the same amt of attention from American media.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 21:15

globalchick wrote:No one really cares about another Muslim in jail. Everyone's had enough of hearing about them, people are sick of hearing about terrorists, ISIS etc. If Amal is going to make that her focus she will find she gets nowhere fast. 

I think you expressed yourself really badly with that sentence. I agree with the Posts above that it sounds very racists against muslims. And if you feel we all misunderstood your post then in future it is best to think twice before you write it and explain it better what you like to express.  It is not the readers responsibility to think how you mean it, it is the writers responsibility how you express yourself and how you want to be understood.

And on another note....this case is not about "free muslims out of Jail " or about muslims at all. One of them is not even muslim. Peter Greste one of the prisoners is Australian. It is about journalists and free press.........Those men are journalists and have been jailed because what they reported to the world. If governments start to put journalists into jail because of what they Report on TV or newspapers then this is trouble and against free press. So if Amal can bring attention to it then it is great. I think Amal is aware that she can not save the world and fix every problem but she can bring attention to a case and speak up. Like George.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 06 Nov 2014, 21:31

Great post, Nicky

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content