George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE

+25
theminis
marysunshine
socimar
fava
Atalante
Butterfly
lelacorb
Piglet
catwoman
Duffy
Carla97
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
Lighterside
party animal - not!
Katiedot
pippilotta
jd68
Pari
LizzyNY
melbert
Sevens
Catie
silly girl
LornaDoone
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE Empty Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE

Post by Catie Fri 21 Mar 2014, 02:57

Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family –

[article removed at the writer's request - see link for the story]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 12:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed the story on author's request)
Catie
Catie
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:12

Holy sheet.  Fascinating.  Of course, I don't agree with her characterization of George but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion and this person is definitely NOT a fan of his girlfriend's family.

But then again, this person may have their own agenda so it would mean doing a lot of research to see if what is being said is true.

The religion part was very interesting as I had never heard of this religion. I will definitely do some more research on it
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney’s Anti-Israel Druze Arab Chick; My Encounter w Her & Alamuddin Family – EXCLUSIVE

Post by silly girl Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:15

Even if it isn't true it could be harmful to her career and all the work she has been doing. I agree this person seems to have an agenda but a whiff of scandal could put her job in jeopardy.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Catie Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:20

Lornadoone, I haven't heard of it either, I'd be curious what you find.

Didn't someone on another post here say they hope she had nothing she wouldn't want exposed...maybe this is it...
Catie
Catie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:26

Anti-Israel? Hey, Hollywood is run by Jewish.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:35

I can't read all the religion part just because I don't understand them...
From what I skip read, this person didn't make any direct communications with Amal in person.
One can be very different from their family, after all.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:40

She was there.

"Clooney’s future girlfriend was there, too, and she was in her late teens at the time (I was in my mid-20s)."
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:44

melbert wrote:She was there.

"Clooney’s future girlfriend was there, too, and she was in her late teens at the time (I was in my mid-20s)."
I know this part, but did the author talk to her? I don't think Amal knows her and you can't learn even judge someone in their "late teens" from a wedding event. I hate the vicious tags she used on Amal.
George Clooney is dating the 36-year-old Amal Alamuddin, not 16. Laughing
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Catie Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:49

From the above article:

The Lebanese legal book she authored is extremely anti-Israel and pro-Palestinian. Alamuddin, who was Clooney’s date to the Obama White House last month, is not Muslim. She’s Druze, which is an offshoot of Islam.
Catie
Catie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:59

Repeated posts. 

Last edited by Sevens on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 04:18; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 04:00

She is just a co-writer of that book.
What's wrong with that? Anti-Israel is a general sense for Arab.
I'm anti-Japanese if you name it, because almost every Chinese does.

Last edited by Sevens on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 09:56; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 21 Mar 2014, 04:17

If she really shares her family's anti-Israel sentiments and tries to influence George in that direction it will make for some very interesting conversations when he gets home, since quite a few of his good friends are Jewish - Richar Kind (who is an observant Jew) and Grant Heslov to name just two. If I'm not mistaken, his business partner and good buddy Rande Gerber is Jewish, too.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 21 Mar 2014, 04:19

Remember that time? --- "Do you believe in God? = NO!"

Smile
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 04:29

Amal's nationality is British I believe? So it's an American-British relationship I guess. None of Israel's bussiness.
Don't forget they've been together with George's friends known that for months. The Cabo parties, the MM screening etc.Grant Heslov and Rande Gerber were around too.
I don't see there's any problems among them. Amal seemed to get along quite well with Grant's wife.

Last edited by Sevens on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:51; edited 2 times in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 04:34

Pari wrote:Remember that time? --- "Do you believe in God? = NO!"

Smile
Neither do I. Maybe science, yes. Very Happy 
My mom believes in some non-religious fate mater she imagined by herself.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Mar 2014, 04:35

Pari whether George believes in God or not is not the point.

If this writer's comments are correct and Amal is very anti-Israeli like her family is being depicted she felt during that wedding dinner, then it could be an issue for George and his career.

Hollywood IS run by Jewish people and having a girlfriend who may be virulently anti-Semitic could actually do his career more harm than any crotch baring former girlfriend could have.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Mar 2014, 04:36

Sevens wrote:Amal's nationality is British I believe? So it's an American-British relationship I guess. None of Israel's bussiness.
Don't forget they've been together with George's friends known that for months. The Cabo parties, the MM screening etc.Grant Heslov and Rande Gerber were around too.
I don't see there's any problems among them. Amal seemed get along quite well with Grant's wife.

Yes but they may not have known her family history.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 05:15

This author has his own agenda. My husband is from Lebanon and I have been to Lebanon several times. I have yet to encounter a Lebanese that refers to himself as Arab - he/she always states Lebanese. If people would take the time to fully understand the Palestinian/Israel conflict if would be clear why most Lebanese are in favor of the creation of the state of Palestine - which does not equate to the destruction of Israel. I don't see George with anyone is antisemitic or discriminates.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 21 Mar 2014, 05:55

LornaDoone wrote:Pari whether George believes in God or not is not the point.

If this writer's comments are correct and Amal is very anti-Israeli like her family is being depicted she felt during that wedding dinner, then it could be an issue for George and his career.

Hollywood IS run by Jewish people and having a girlfriend who may be virulently anti-Semitic could actually do his career more harm than any crotch baring former girlfriend could have.

Oh NO! I think I missed writing it right, had to leave for something urgent that time... and have got back now Smile

George may OR may not believe in God, Lorna... he may be a "seeker" just as we have many today... with questions... with answers that he has derived... I am not even attesting the article... ALL I was trying to say is that George may have NOT wanted to hurt Amal OR her belief-system when he said that...

NO, I have yet to respond to my IMDb friends who are calling this a "faithless" relationship Smile Maybe, they have arrived at some of the same conclusions...

Ooooooooooops... the electricity just went OFF! Very Happy
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pippilotta Fri 21 Mar 2014, 06:29

I agree with jd68. THW isealean-palaseanien conflict is very complicated. Usually,I like to talk to person before I make my decision. But the author of the article referred to a book of AA. So, of one want to know of AA is anti.semitic, he of she must read the chapterwritten by AA. That's time consuming. I am afraid but I don't habe the time. Traveling too much. Maybe I find a scientific discussion about that.
In fact, an ant-semitic girlfriend would cause issues. Let's hope that the media will great that in a serious Männer.
I apologize for the typing errors.Right now I am traveling an habe only my phone.
pippilotta
pippilotta
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 06:33

Oh my god!  This is one of the most biased hate pieces I've come across in a very long time. Yes, the author has an agenda and it's hardly subtle.  What a nasty piece of work.  Innuendo, exaggerations and throwing dirt by association.

The irony, which the author will sadly never understand, is that there's no difference between the (sometimes) irrational Arabic hatred of Israel which she claims in her article that she was subjected to and the Jewish hatred of Arabs which she is now displaying in her writing.  Both sides have reason to hate and both sides have more reason to rise above that hatred but absolutely don't want to and would rather go on hating, each blaming the other side.  

LornaDoone wrote:The religion part was very interesting as I had never heard of this religion.  I will definitely do some more research on it
Druze is a long and complicated story (and massively involved in the seemingly endless civil war that raged through Lebanon a while back.  Pretty much all sides, Christian, Muslim and others come out of it looking really bad).

Sevens wrote:From what I skip read, this person didn't make any direct communications with Amal in person.
Exactly.  This person met the family more than 25 years ago at ONE event and has decided that based on that that she's qualified to judge every single member of that family now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pippilotta Fri 21 Mar 2014, 07:07

But she referred to a book written b AA other s. Asuming that she read the book, there might be some issues. But she can also have her own agenda. difficult to say with such few informations.
pippilotta
pippilotta
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 07:25

I'm not saying anything about Amal's personal beliefs because I don't know them.  It wouldn't surprise me if she was at least somewhat anti-Israel because that's a fairly common opinion in the Middle East but unless she says something herself, I wouldn't accuse her of an anti-Israel agenda. The author, however, definitely has an agenda.  She wants to paint Amal as an anti-Israel Jew-hating Arab with links to terrorists who practices a strange religion that can't be trusted.

What I'm not sure of is who she's attacking here: "liberal George Clooney, the Obama superfan" or the "Jew-hating Arab."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 21 Mar 2014, 09:14

Such a well-balanced thoughtful article - NOT!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 09:27

party animal - not! wrote:Such a well-balanced thoughtful article - NOT!
So it's one of the American "not jokes"? I learned from the film "Borat!" about this. So is your name,pan. Very Happy 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:14

I think people would be wise to wait and see if this is the opinion/rant from one individual, who endured a traumatic experience at a wedding 20+ years ago, which is obviously coloring her opinions, or if it becomes a "choir" of voices, all with the same opinion of Amal's politics and that of her family.

Like Katie said, it's no surprise if Amal, who is an Arab afterall, is sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinian people.  I am too and I'm not an Arab!  They deserve to be a country of their own, just as the Israelis do but that doesn't make me an anti-Semite.  

As an American, I believe in fairness and justice and every group of people deserves self determination.  And that belief in the right to self determination of any group, no matter the continent you live on, applies to the Palestine/Israel conflict as well, even if that opinion isn't popular for some in America.  The reason there has been no resolution to the problems between Palestine and Israel is obviously very, very complicated and has been forged from injustice on BOTH sides, over thousands of years, so it's hard to overcome the hatred and distrust between them.  But we must do what we can to bring about peace in the region for everyone's sake!

But as I said, if this one, single opinion of Amal and her politics becomes a "choir" then I agree with Lorna, it will most definitely have an impact on George and his career, whether he likes it or not.  The neocons in this country have problems with his political views now, not to mention some of them still harping on the off handed comment he made about Heston, which to this day, they still can't let go of though he apologized for it long ago.  So this would just be the confirmation they need to hate him and anyone associated with him and boycott his movies.  And again, as Lorna pointed out Hollywood is most definitely pro-Israel for the most part and those who control what does and doesn't get made and how it gets distributed, might have something to say about the pairing, if the accusations of anti-Semitism turn out to be true.  It will rub off on him by association, regardless of his own political beliefs on the subject.

Last edited by Lighterside on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:19; edited 1 time in total
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:18

Lighterside wrote: The neocons in this country have problems with his political views now, not to mention some of them still harping on the off handed comment he made about Heston, which to this day, they still can't let go of though he apologized for it long ago.  So this would just be the confirmation they need to hate him and anyone associated with him and boycott his movies.  And again, as Lorna pointed out Hollywood is most definitely pro-Israel for the most part and those who control what does and doesn't get made might have something to say about the pairing, if the accusations of anti-Semitism turn out to be true.  It will rub off on him by association, regardless of his own political beliefs on the subject.
I have a suspicion that this is exactly the author's intent. While this was clearly a swipe at Amal, I think the main aim is at Obama. A kind of 'look what sort of people support him' comment.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:20

I think you're right about that Katie but I don't like to jump to conclusions, without facts.  Enough people in this country do that already! Look at the way they're jumping on our President for his method of outreach to young people in this country to explain and get them enrolled into Obamacare. Every chance they have to denigrate our President is a good day for the right wing neocons and they'll have a field day with this one I fear!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:24

I agree that the article sounds very biased and bigoted.
I thought it was a compliment to the author that as a young Jewish person she was invited to an Arabian wedding by her friend.

Maybe Ms Alamuddin is the "wild card" of her family
and is living her own separate life. It explains why she has so much knowledge and input into Middle Eastern issues, work wise.
It's very fascinating though.... and I don't mean from a "gossipy" point of view. East meeting West and hopefully helping to establish a better understanding and acceptance along the way.

Last edited by Joanna on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:33; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:30

Let's go with the assumption this is not true about AA. I would hope because of the work she has done she is an enlightened person who harbors no ill will towards anyone. I too feel for the Palestinians and wish they could all just live together peacefully as human beings. That being said when the first rumor last fall came out GC specifically denied it because he didn't want to harm her ability to try cases in court. Meaning the distraction could harm her professionally. If her employers feel that this could become a bigger issue, even if not true, there could be a backlash from their clients. So even if this is not harmful to GC per se....it could be harmful to her.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:43

I agree Silly girl...it is in our Constitution that a person is INNOCENT until proven guilty and I think everyone would be wise to take a breathe and adopt a wait and see attitude! It's a little difficult to be making assumptions about a person you've never had a conversation with, so patience and tolerance are virtues best applied in this case.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 21 Mar 2014, 13:10

Wow. Just... wow.

There must be some Middle Eastern, Zionist/Pro-Palestinian equivalent of the pot/kettle paradigm.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 13:45

Hopefully they can separate G out of this.

I´ve only met one Lebanese in my life, client in his 40s, very moderate muslim, western clothes, had drinks, lived like anyone here.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Fri 21 Mar 2014, 13:52

Guess the author shouldn't hold her breath for an invitation to Como this summer, or another Alamuddin wedding in the future.

That article says much more about the author than it ever does about the subject.

Duffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 21 Mar 2014, 13:58

I think the author brings new meaning to "holding a grudge" and might do herself some good if she remembered how to be forgiving. Twenty years is a long time to let hate eat you up inside and hurts her more than the object of her scorn.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 14:15

LornaDoone wrote:Holy sheet.  Fascinating.  Of course, I don't agree with her characterization of George but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion and this person is definitely NOT a fan of his girlfriend's family.

But then again, this person may have their own agenda so it would mean doing a lot of research to see if what is being said is true.

The religion part was very interesting as I had never heard of this religion.  I will definitely do some more research on it

Do you mean Druze? First time I heard about it was when Syria conflict broke out. Lots of them in Syria. It´s just a branch of Shia Islam.
I don´t know what´s the big deal about sunni or shia muslims, but that is connected to shias.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Mar 2014, 14:24

Here's a true story...

I have a very good friend who is Jewish.  

She was traveling in Egypt and met a very nice man.  She spent a lot of time going back and forth to see him.  She fell in love.  She thought he felt the same.

They married and he moved here to the US.

A year later the first Gulf War started.

The man she thought she knew became someone completely different.  Even to the point one day that she said he was ranting about the war and made a comment that "Jews were pigs."

This from the man she married knowing full well she was Jewish.  His hatred of Jewish people, Israel and the US became very clear.  It came to a head one day when he got into a fight with her father and pulled a gun on him.

Luckily, she was able to divorce him and get away from him very quickly after that.

The moral of the story?  

You don't WHAT someone really thinks and believes until you've spent a LOT of time with them.  Because eventually, little by little, they will reveal themselves to you.

So although we can't know whether the 16 year old Amal shared her family's views or not; we also don't know the 36 year old Amal's thoughts about Israel and Jewish people in general. But I will say this - usually - where there's smoke, there's fire.

No matter the case, it would behoove George to take this relationship very slowly.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 21 Mar 2014, 14:42

Lorna, I've had a similar experience but with family involved.  One of my aunts was in the Peace Corp and stationed in Iran, before the Shah was deposed.  She met and married a man, whom she thought was of the same mind and heart or at least on the same page on political/world views, as she was but after the marriage and her first child was born, realized that was not the case.  He worked as a translator for the film industry and translated films into Farsi.   His father was a minister in the Shah's cabinet and of course their lives were radically impacted by the events that occurred in 1979 when the Iranian Revolution happened.  

They came back to the States but the marriage couldn't survive the deep seated hatred and resentment expressed towards America every time some of his family members visited.  Some thought we didn't do enough to help the Shah and others thought we supported a despot and were the cause of all their problems.  They themselves were split politically.  And of course they tried to impose their customs on the rest of the females in our family whenever there were dinners shared, such as expecting us to remain in the kitchen, wanting us to keep our heads covered and keep our thoughts/opinions to ourselves, which was NEVER going to happen....hahaha ah hello, have you met me?   

Needless to say, that was cause for much dissention/infighting at family gatherings not to mention the indigestion!  You never know what's truly inside someone's head or heart, until the chips are down and they're finally honest and reveal who they are.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Fri 21 Mar 2014, 15:35

LornaDoone wrote:Pari whether George believes in God or not is not the point.

great comment, Lorna
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Piglet Fri 21 Mar 2014, 16:40

I find it hard to believe that if Amal is truely anti-Semitic she'd be George's girlfriend for long. I'd be very disappointed if he looked past that.

A controversial girlfriend wouldn't do much for his hope for joyful, happy, peaceful relationships either.

Piglet
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 16:57

I don't care if his girlfriend is anti-something or not, I just want to see his films.
It won't have much impact on international markets because 80% of moviegoers don't know his present   girlfriend at all.
Large groups of people just see movies for fun and having some relaxation, they don't have to read every gossip piece.

Last edited by Sevens on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 03:17; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 21 Mar 2014, 17:08

If Amal was anti-Semitic, I believe that George would never have gone out with her! George is anti-racist and I do not think I can bear to share his life with a person racist. A speech is an anti-Semite and another being Arab and being against Israel. I recommend a trip to Israel to see for yourself how they are treated the Arabs in refugee camps. Amal may also be born in England and have English passport but will be Arabic throughout his life and his name is proof of that.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 21 Mar 2014, 17:18

I think the only one who believes Amal is racist is the lady who wrote the rant in the first place.  Wink 
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 21 Mar 2014, 18:04

^^ Yep, that.

George Clooney would not tolerate an anti-Semite or any other type of racist in his circle. He would not have a racist in the company of his parents, who taught him his values. And even if it could be proven that a person's family held views counter to what he believes, I think he would have the awareness to separate the person from the family's history.

I had read in the past about the Alamuddin family, but didn't make the connection with Amal until I read this article. If she's as intelligent as her record suggests, then she's taken advantage of her many global opportunities to expand her world political and cultural views beyond any xenophobia she may have been taught or exposed to as a child. (If anything in this article can be taken as true.)

That said, if this now-isolated bit of culture and religion bashing takes hold enough to get people's attention, I'm predicting they'll end the relationship before it's run its natural course.* Neither of them needs this kind of hassle.

* Leaving George with the tragic but convenient ever-after excuse, "I tried. See what it got me?" Just kidding.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 21 Mar 2014, 19:10

That was my point to sharing a little family history about my Uncle's family.  On the one hand, you had family members who were pro-Western and wanted to retain the Western culture and lifestyle they had adapted to quite nicely and on the other, religious zealots, who blamed that very Western culture and the Shah for what they viewed as corrupting the moral fiber of their society.   The only thing they seemed to agree on was that America was responsible for their displeasure!

I think you would be hard pressed to find any family to be so single minded as to think as one without any dissent, politically or religiously.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Mar 2014, 21:03

As I said, we don't know what Amal believes. And I do agree that a racist would not be tolerated, but again, it takes quite a while to really get to know someone so I'm just saying George should proceed with caution.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Fri 21 Mar 2014, 21:30

Wow, what a story! I just read the article. I found it very informative, it gave me context about her origins and I heard about the Druze religion for the first time in my life.

I think everybody is entitled to their own opinion. The author expressed her views the way she felt and understood it. It might be biased because she is conservative, but then we would need someone from the liberal camp to investigate so many details, go very deep into story to find the opposite arguments. I'm sure we will read such arguments soon, as the media interest is high.
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 21 Mar 2014, 21:32

Aha a very wealthy girl, ..., well has she told G.C. that the evidence he has against Bashir should simply be given to a state that supports the ICC. There's no need for Obama/USA to join the ICC. Very Happy Very Happy 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 22 Mar 2014, 10:53

Atalante wrote:Aha a very wealthy girl, ..., well has she told G.C. that the evidence he has against Bashir should simply be given to a state that supports the ICC. There's no need for Obama/USA to join the ICC. Very Happy Very Happy 

Atalante, what did you mean by this?
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pippilotta Sat 22 Mar 2014, 14:18

I have good friends and much appreciated collegues in Israel as well as in different arabic countries. All of them have mostly moderate views on the israelian-palastian conflict. But they have often complained of the radicalists on both sides who have been trying to prevent a friendly solution. I asked them if they know the Alamuddin family. This family is well known. They told me that some (!) members are known for radical anti-semitic thinking. So, as child AA could have been influenced by this way of thinking. But that is absolutely no proove for a lasting anti-semitic thinking.
For me it is not possible to decide about this question without talking directly to a person (which is not possible in this case). So, IMO, GC and his / her friends are the only persons who can check that.
What we can do here is to collect the different puzzle pieces and try to bring them together logically. And such a puzzle piece can be the guest list of the White House event. AA wasn't on the list. A few days around this event Dalai Lama visited Obama. There was no official list, neither an official announcementl, just to avoid a conflict with China.
The relationship between Obama and Netanjahu has been (slightly) disturbed. For sure, nobody was interested to amplify this due to the visit of a member of the known Alamuddin family, esp. if she might have expressed anti-semitic things previously. Such thoughts could have been the reason for the official guest list: no AA and, to make this more acceptable, no wives of Matt and Grant, just GCs parents, GC, Matt, Grant and the political members.
pippilotta
pippilotta
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next