George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated

+34
macs
NotAvailable
Missa
Pari
bamboochacha
sadDonkey
annemarie
m4rose
Duffy
Lighterside
Vi
lelacorb
Merlin
watching
Michelle meyers
Henway
sisieq
Atalante
lucy
melbert
The next mrs clooney
pattygirl
lovelylois
zizi
silly girl
cindigirl
Cinderella
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
Joanna
fluffy
dakota007
it's me
laetval
38 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 Empty Re: BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated

Post by Joanna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 22:32

Thanks mel. Good comment.

I take good pictures, maybe I can give him some lessons ?

BAFTA article on previous page in case it's missed.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 7 Empty Re: BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated

Post by it's me Mon 13 Feb 2012, 23:25

poor girls, you are right G!!!

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 14 Feb 2012, 00:04

Anxala wrote:Shame that some people on here seem to be so insecure about their beliefs that they feel the need to berate others for daring to have a sense of humour and a laugh. Not to mention telling others what they can and can't make a joke about.
Hope you will post same in SK thread. Thanks!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 14 Feb 2012, 00:06

silly girl wrote:Since he is wearing it in the Popsugar photo's I have a theory...I think he didn't wear a coat to London but when he landed he realized it was freezing so bought one....now he has a brand new dress coat....I think it is nice, very sharp...just my theory...
LOL, he's worn that coat before. He's a world traveler, I'm sure his assistant checks out the weather before he leaves.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 14 Feb 2012, 00:34

oops, I guess I never noticed his coats, it looked so new....

Although to the point they make in the video of women dressing for fashion and not comfort....not me, I hate being cold....I would have worn a stylish wrap and long sleeves.... Wink

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 14 Feb 2012, 02:08

George's comment on Whitney Houston from the BAFTA red carpet:

George Clooney, Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Jones pay tribute to Whitney Houston at the BAFTAS Stars remember late singer at last night's awards ceremony (February 12)

Talking to Absolute Radio at the ceremony in London, The Descendents' leading man George Clooney described the singer, who passed away on Saturday (February 11) at the age of 48 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, as "unbelievably sad".

"She'll be remembered as one of the greats who changed music, and certainly changed the singing that took place starting in the mid 80s," he said, before adding: It's going to take a while to figure out what actually happened. Everyone will suspect certain things, but the truth of the matter is what it really is, is unbelievably sad."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 14 Feb 2012, 04:39

Regarding the coat comments. If George is on his way back to Los Angeles (or already here) that damn coat will come in handy cause it's frickin freezing here right now.

Cold winds blowing and my ass is turning blue!

Just thought I'd share!

Oh, okay for those of you who will take exception. Technically it's not FREEZING temperatures but it's in the low 40's and with the wind that's blowing it's feels like it's freezing! affraid
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Tue 14 Feb 2012, 04:53

I'm in michigan. it gets down to below zero sometimes. well, last winter. ( knock on wood , not this winter)
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 14 Feb 2012, 05:18

Wow blue ass cold...that is cold! If George is still "not campaigning" I'm sure we will see him around soon.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Tue 14 Feb 2012, 14:09

From Lainey Gossip Yesterday - Did not see it posted anywhere - about George and BAFTA

All the handsome men...
February 13, 2012
Posted at 5:55 PM
Posted by Lainey

Brad Pitt and George Clooney both came without dates. The Jolie stayed back with the children in Berlin and George, perhaps sensing that Stacy’s not helping against Jean Dujardin, decided to go it alone. He’s better alone. When he’s alone, he can be with his boys. He can hug Colin Firth and hold his hand. He can make a charge these final 8 days...

Or...

Has he conceded?

I don’t think George has conceded. I don’t think you go to those lengths, to Q&A after Q&A, to screening after screening, holding everyone’s baby and hugging everyone’s grandmother, just to concede when it’s this close.

But if he loses, what do you say at the post mortem? Does he finally admit that the old girlfriend strategy didn’t work? Does he put that move away for good? I’m not saying he’s done. But Jean Dujardin, by way of Harvey Weinstein, is playing him at his own game.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 14 Feb 2012, 14:58

Lainey shut up Gunslinger
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Feb 2012, 16:20

Obviously, if he doesn't win it's still a great achievement to be nominated, again and again.
He's already predicted a win for Jean Dujardin.
Not in my book though, for reasons which I've stated before.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Tue 14 Feb 2012, 16:33

Joanna wrote:Obviously, if he doesn't win it's still a great achievement to be nominated, again and again.

exactly, he's been nominated for most of his last jobs, and he'll get nominated again. Not everybody can't say the same. I'd say he's doing mighty fine.
And as long as the envelope is not open, he's still got a chance (all those Dujardin's wins have some good, George now almost looks like the underdog - and I love the underdogs, I always go for them)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 14 Feb 2012, 16:54

Hey, been away for a while and am trying to catch up. While away I got to see IOM again. It is a really good film. I guess the public doesn't like political films. The only fault I find with it is that he stole certain shots from other movies. The last scene in which Gosling stares into space is very similar to the last scene in MC. I wonder if he did it on purpose.

As for TD, people who saw this and The Artist seem to favor Dujardin. It was mentioned that Dujardin has won every award so far. He did win the GG in another category. I hope G wins. He sure is trying but I don't think if he loses it will be easy for him no matter what he says or does. Also people who don't follow him are basically unaware of the gf. They just see him as dating bimbos.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:14

You're right Bluebelle, most people don't know or care about who he dates...they just see that they don't last long. Not sure where I saw this, here or somewhere else or who said it but there was a comparison to Gary Oldman...who is on his 4th much younger wife. The reason GO is not getting the same flack I think is because a) he married her and b) he is very low key about not only his personal life but his professional life as well. He was never painted as a playboy....

If GC doesn't win it is will be because of the fickleness of the voters...

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:23

well
I can't surely understand only by a vid
but this

doesn't seem to me so well done

guess what they did was a big homage to the whole cinema's story
but incongruous in many ways
old in a modern Neutral way

nothing similar to the G's Fail Safe
IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:25

macs wrote:
Joanna wrote:Obviously, if he doesn't win it's still a great achievement to be nominated, again and again.

exactly, he's been nominated for most of his last jobs, and he'll get nominated again. Not everybody can't say the same. I'd say he's doing mighty fine.
And as long as the envelope is not open, he's still got a chance (all those Dujardin's wins have some good, George now almost looks like the underdog - and I love the underdogs, I always go for them)

I always vote for the Underdog becuase i have felt that way myself in my life at times
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:30

Thanks for the video it's me. I still don't see anything outstanding about this film other than the fact that it's "different." Don't know what the BAFTA voters were thinking.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:32

I adored The Artist. I thought it was a beautiful love story in which through love overcame tragedy ( if you HAVE seen it you know what I am talking about)

Although! I do truly hope george does win at something.....
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:54

tell us more MM
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Feb 2012, 18:29

I've not noticed any sub titles in any of the clips I've seen.
Are there any Michelle ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Tue 14 Feb 2012, 18:51

Silent films put up somewhat most of what they say up in big letters, easy to read letters.

Has anyone seen The Artist besides me?
i understand some of of us are in different countries but anyone in the states on here have you seen it yet?

Just interested in other opinions of it?
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Feb 2012, 19:18

Ah thanks Michelle
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Tue 14 Feb 2012, 20:08

Michelle meyers wrote:Has anyone seen The Artist besides me?

Yes I did and commented in another thread but can't remember which one.
I've seen 7 of the 9 nominated movies and The Artist is my second favorite movie so far, right after Tree of Life.
Jean Dujardin is great, he can express with his face more than others with words. Aren't movies about storytelling? The Artist proves you can do that without using words. JD played a man who was in love with himself, a man who didn't want to accept changes, a man who was too pride to accept sb's help, a man who still was generous although broke... Dujardin's excellent acting performance and the suprising elements make the movie brilliant.
If for some inexplicable reason George should win then I know the Oscars are a popularity contest or an ass kisser competition. Don't get me wrong. The Descendants is a good movie and George is great in it BUT it is not the best movie of the year and George is not the best actor of the year.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 14 Feb 2012, 21:05

well
how ends the story?

anyway he already said
sometimes they gave the O
to great artists
the 'wrong' time

later
and not for the real successful film

anyway
Shailene Woodley was there too
ANY PIC WITH G????
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Feb 2012, 21:23

Not seen any I M
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 14 Feb 2012, 22:26

isn't it strange...?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Wed 15 Feb 2012, 01:01

sadDonkey wrote:
Michelle meyers wrote:Has anyone seen The Artist besides me?
I've seen 7 of the 9 nominated movies and The Artist is my second favorite movie so far, right after Tree of Life.
Jean Dujardin is great, he can express with his face more than others with words. Aren't movies about storytelling? The Artist proves you can do that without using words. JD played a man who was in love with himself, a man who didn't want to accept changes, a man who was too pride to accept sb's help, a man who still was generous although broke... Dujardin's excellent acting performance and the suprising elements make the movie brilliant.
If for some inexplicable reason George should win then I know the Oscars are a popularity contest or an ass kisser competition. Don't get me wrong. The Descendants is a good movie and George is great in it BUT it is not the best movie of the year and George is not the best actor of the year.
I am not sure if this is the right thread for the discussion, but I am just presenting my opinion (point of view) to Michelle.
I say :The Artist is a beautiful story. We can view this movie as a tribute to the greatness of cinema. I think it is an amazing film and I wouldn’t be upset if it takes home the Academy Award for the best Picture.
As SadDonkey very accurately described Jean D (I will just add also his little dog) being a truly unforgettable character on screen.
However, I have to agree with you again SadDonkey - The Tree of Life winning the award would be even more justified.
This is such a wide thoughtful theme that it's impossible to describe it in few words.
I remember reading somewhere: “Malick is responsible for one of the most important movies of our time”, and I agree.
It doesn’t mean that I didn’t enjoy TD and George’s acting.

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:43

Pictures of Shailene Woodley on R C at BAFTA's.
She's looking lovely with her hair up for a change.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 15 Feb 2012, 11:16

Anxala wrote:
Joanna wrote:True cindi, true.

Thought it apt, for one day only though lol!
I think it's both appropriate and very funny. Cool I also thought your comment re Clooney looking like a funeral director very funny. He did. Shame that some people on here seem to be so insecure about their beliefs that they feel the need to berate others for daring to have a sense of humour and a laugh. Not to mention telling others what they can and can't make a joke about.

Sorry I offended you Anxala... and my heartfelt apologies also to those who felt the same... Sometimes I take my Mamma psyche too much to heart I guess, that I kind of yell and scream when I see danger regardless of how I come across doing that... Although, I can vouch strong for my beliefs and belief system... I wouldn't put that down to my "insecurity" surely:) And yes, I do respect+appreciate different views / thoughts / analysis / thought processes ... I'd love for it to continue flowing also... Smile

Thank you for your understand folks and for putting this way behind... I would not have brought it up, had I not felt the need to apologise... I don't like them wrong feelings lurking around in any home/house Smile Loving thanks for bringing out what you felt I love you

Thanks also to you Sisieq, for your kindness... no worries about the red marks though... I guess it is all so part of our sisterhood / brotherhood / everything of being here... I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 15 Feb 2012, 13:17

I have to say, I do feel sorry for George not winning these last awards...you can be your absolute best in a picture, and still not win. And as much as he gracefully accepts defeat, it's still gotta hurt. He wouldn't be going through all this trouble of campaigning if he didn't really want it. Crying or Very sad Still hope for the Oscars!!!

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 15 Feb 2012, 13:53

Have you seen the set of pics that Shailene has done that's kinda kinky in a lesbian sort of way (no offence intended), but I do hope that she doesn't hit that slippery slope already. I don't have the link but it was under a heading of "what would George think?" She's a pretty girl, I would have thought with this film under her belt, any such "adverse" publicity might do more harm than good?? Shailene, love, listen to us dear, don't do it!!! scratch
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 15 Feb 2012, 15:45

Fluffy, I think you mean this one? Drew Barrymore did the photo shoot.

Shailene Woodley: 'Vs. Magazine' Photoshoot!

Shailene Woodley strips down to her bra in this photoshoot for Vs. Magazine, shot by Drew Barrymore!

Here’s what the 20-year-old actress, who was interviewed by Drew, had to share:

On Drew building her confidence: “You are so good at building confidence in me and then I just keep giving you more and in turn you give more and it’s this beautiful cycle and I can honestly say that you and Alexander Payne [the director of The Descendants and Sideways] are pretty much the only two people I have ever worked with who give you that sort of confidence.”

On different modes of expression: “We have lost touch with black and white and silent films and simple long shots. Right now everything is CGI and 3D, which has its place.
And I think everything has its place, but I think it’s exciting to see magazines and films with a different approach because I think people have missed that art and that expression of uniqueness, because everything has been the same for so long.”

For more from Shai, visit vsmagazinelive.com.

Also pictured inside: Shailene at the Jason Wu and Honor fashion shows for NY Fashion week, plus Shai at eBay Celebrity and Brad Pitt‘s Make It Right Celebrate Pop-Up Gallery Exhibition on Wednesday (February Cool.

When I saw it, I thought, OMFE, don't let Shailene go that route...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 15 Feb 2012, 16:04

You're right Mel. IMO it's too early in her career to take that route. Miley Cyrus likes to do shoots like that but not until her career was in full swing. Although not in the same context but her bikini scenes in The Descendents were more revealing than that bra.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 15 Feb 2012, 16:09

Here's an article from The Daily Mail. Looks like she's taking the route of other starlets.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 15 Feb 2012, 16:17

I was just going to say that cindi, about her bikini scenes in TD.
I didn't think the set of pictures looked "kinky or lesbian" but just a colourful photo shoot by Drew Barrymore, using photogenic models.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 15 Feb 2012, 16:53

IMO the photos look like two different people, but I know they are all of her. Just shows what make-up and lighting can do.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 15 Feb 2012, 18:27

Did she need the money OR trying to break out in adult roles? I hope she knows that it will come if she holds onto her cards. She's got a full deck and doesn't need a gimmick.

Shailene, you are a beautiful young lady and you have nothing to prove! Your acting ability is tops and will only get better with age. Choose your jobs carefully because not everyone is going to have your best interest at heart. JMHO
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 15 Feb 2012, 19:07

From her quotes it looks as if it could have a "confidence boost"
for her, which wouldn't be a bad thing in the long run IMO
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 17 Feb 2012, 16:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 17 Feb 2012, 16:29

FUNNY PICS! Smile

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 17 Feb 2012, 16:33

Thanks for the funny pics laetval.

Can you believe The Descendents is STILL playing in my local theater in NJ? Tempted to go see it again. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 17 Feb 2012, 16:42

George at 0:44

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 17 Feb 2012, 17:30

cindigirl wrote:Can you believe The Descendents is STILL playing in my local theater in NJ? Tempted to go see it again. LOL
Go and see it! You can make up for me not being able to see it yet. Hope it's still playing in Germany in March.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 17 Feb 2012, 18:04

Good to see you back Katie. Sorry you haven't even seen it yet. I have a birthday party to go to on Saturday but I may give in to temptation Sunday. LOL

Still impatiently waiting for it to come out on DVD. It was projected to be out mid-March.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 17 Feb 2012, 18:10

Thanks for the pictures and videos.

Can never get enough of George. clown
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 17 Feb 2012, 18:14

Ok, I've got to ask. Is he wearing lifts? If his foot was all the way inside the shoe then surely it wouldn't bend where it has in this shot would it?

From the way his trousers are draping, it looks as though his foot is going straight up, the way a woman's does when she's in heels and also the way a man's would if he had lifts inside his shoe. Am I dreaming?

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Fri 17 Feb 2012, 18:16

New Descendants DVD release date Mar 13, 2012

Hmmm george in heals that would explain the empty toe point of the shoe.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 17 Feb 2012, 18:29

Really, really wierd the way his shoe is bent. Could be lifts, very soft leather shoes or he fractured a couple of toes with this move. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 17 Feb 2012, 19:55

The 'funny pics" are good, thanks.

Number 1...."This Hokey-Kokey is a good way to keep warm"
Number 5.... "Phew...One of you boys farted ?"
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next