George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Ides of March EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
The Ides of March EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Ides of March EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Ides of March EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Ides of March EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Ides of March EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Ides of March EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Ides of March EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Ides of March EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Ides of March

+45
davidarochelle
madsky
lovelylois
Cinderella
macs
Pari
hathaross
Ello
LornaDoone
sarah ali
pattygirl
MyGirlKylie
Natascha
NotAvailable
Clooney
lelacorb
sandwiches
Tigerina
fluffy
Lighterside
Casey
cindigirl
lolo"layla"
j
noodle
Admin
playfuldeb
laetval
bellybaby
bunny
Sabby
Atalante
ladydi
Dexterdidit
watching
Henway
blubelle
it's me
PigLove
Vi
Merlin
melbert
sisieq
lucy
Katiedot
49 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Ides of March Empty The Ides of March

Post by Katiedot Sat 11 Dec 2010, 03:32

Thank you Laetval

From .On location vacations

George Clooney set to start filming ‘The Ides of March’ in Cincinnati in January

As we’ve previously announced, George Clooney plans to shoot his next film, The Ides of March, in Ohio and Michigan, and though we learned last week that he was scouting locations specifically in Grand Rapids, we now also know where exactly in Ohio the movie will be filmed.

According to WCPO, the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Film Commission held its annual fundraiser Saturday night in Cincinnati and announced that George Clooney had selected the city as one of the film’s locations.

Clooney was in town Nov. 12 scouting the area for the film and apparently liked what he saw. According to members of the commission, filming is set to begin in January with Clooney directing and starring along with Paul Giamatti, Ryan Gosling, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood.

The shoot will be somewhat of a homecoming for Clooney who grew up in Kentucky and Ohio and is a graduate of Augusta, Kentucky High School which is located about an hour outside of Cincinnati. His father, Nick Clooney, also worked at several Cincinnati television station throughout the 1960s and 70s
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Ides of March Empty Re: The Ides of March

Post by Katiedot Sat 11 Dec 2010, 03:35

Also from Laetval

From Up and comers
9 December 2010

Max Minghella joins George Clooney’s “Ides of March”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a mug shot? - Katiedot

More casting developments for the cast of “The Social Network”. Max Minghella has signed on to George Clooney’s directorial venture “The Ides of March”, starring Ryan Gosling as a Presidential campaign press spokesman who falls victim to the harsh realities of politics. It’s based on the Broadway play “Farragut North”, which in turn is loosely based on the real 2004 Presidential campaign of Howard Dean. The film, filming early next year, will also star Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, and Clooney.

Minghella, the 25-year-old son of late Academy Award-winning director Anthony Minghella, previously played Clooney’s son in “Syriana” and recently completed work on alien invasion thriller “The Darkest Hour”.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 11 Dec 2010, 03:37

Whoa! He played George's son in Syriana???
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 11 Dec 2010, 13:43

Looks like a mug shot to me.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 12 Dec 2010, 12:45

Found this pic of him in Syriana.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Ides of March Empty George Clooney to write and star in movie based on Howard Dean

Post by Katiedot Wed 15 Dec 2010, 11:06

From The Examiner

14 December 2010

In the highly competitive movie business, a story about a presidential primary loser doesn’t exactly sound like something that would end up on the big screen.

Somehow it’s destined to, though. There’s a movie coming out on the wacky hero of the Hollywood Left, Howard Dean,

In 2008 Beau Willimon wrote a play based on Dean’s 2004 Democratic primary campaign. In case you’ve forgotten, that was the one with the Iowa meltdown.

Willimon is not your run of the mill playwright. He was a press aide for the Dean 2004 campaign and worked on campaigns for Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer and Bill Bradley.

Along came George Clooney, who attached himself to the project and co-wrote the movie adaptation.

The flick quickly picked up financing from Exclusive Media Group and Cross Creek Pictures, and Sony is set to distribute it.

Sony will release the movie titled “The Ides of March” in a limited theatrical run in December 2011, just in time to qualify for Oscar noms. The wide release of the film is scheduled to take place in January 2012.

The cast is perfect Oscar bait. Clooney plays the Dean character, Governor Morris. Ryan Gosling plays Stephen Meyers, campaign consultant for the upstart governor who is running for the Democratic Party’s nomination. Paul Giamatti plays a rival candidate’s strategist. Marisa Tomei plays a New York Times reporter. Evan Rachel Wood plays an intern in the Morris campaign. And Philip Seymour Hoffman is reportedly being cast as Morris’s lead strategist a la Joe Trippi.

Everything is in place except the movie itself, which is yet to be shot.

Does George really want to reenact the “I Have a Scream” speech?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 15 Dec 2010, 15:02

lucy wrote:Looks like a mug shot to me.

Surprised Yes it does!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 15 Dec 2010, 15:10

Actually Katiedot was the one who asked the question, does this look like a mug shot to you? Its in very small print under the photo.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 15 Dec 2010, 15:21

OOPS! Thanks for the clarification. Yes, to both of you. Wink

sisieq

Back to top Go down

The Ides of March Empty Casting Call for Detroit Only

Post by sisieq Fri 17 Dec 2010, 04:49

More info at link -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney’s upcoming movie, “The Ides of March” is looking for extras in the Detroit area according to MichiganActing.com.

The tentative start date is March 1, and what’s interesting about the casting call is that it is specifically for Detroit residents,

sisieq

Back to top Go down

The Ides of March Empty Stand Ins needed

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Dec 2010, 02:58

I'm a bit late with this, but I've been away a couple of days.

on location vacations

Stand-Ins needed for George Clooney, Ryan Gosling and more for ‘Ides of March’ shooting in Detroit this spring
by Christine on December 18, 2010

As a follow-up to Thursday’s announcement that they were looking for extras for George Clooney’s next film, The Ides of March, which begins shooting in Detroit in March, the production company is also searching for stand-ins for the film’s lead actors: Evan Rachel Wood, George Clooney, Jeffrey Wright, Marisa Tomei, Max Minghella, Paul Giamatti, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and Ryan Gosling.

Here are the details:
Casting Stand-ins for several of “The Ides of March” cast members. Looking for people who are the same height, body proportions, have the same skin color, hair color and length as one of the actors below. You must be available to work all 5 weeks (M-F) beginning March 7th, 2011. Stand-in casting is open to Michigan residents 18 and older only.

Compensation:
These are paid roles.

How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying as an extra for this film please send your headshots and resume to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NOTE: Please include “IoM Stand-In for [Cast Member Name]” in the subject line of your email. Example… “IoM Stand-In for Ryan Gosling”.

The Ides of March will also be filming in Ohio in February.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 22 Dec 2010, 02:09

I don't fit any of those descriptions to be a stand-in, but I could go there and be a stand-by - George!! Move over Angel, I'm his new assistant!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Dec 2010, 13:06

From M live

George Clooney apparently passes on Grand Rapids for 'Ides of March,' needs paid extras for Detroit shoot

Published: Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sorry, Grand Rapidians - it looks like one of Hollywood's superstars won't be making a movie here. With the news that he's looking for extras for a shoot in Detroit, George Clooney has apparently passed on G.R. for his upcoming film "The Ides of March."

Clooney visited G.R. in November, and word on the street has it that his producers came three times, scoping out possible locations. But it was a longshot - he apparently wanted to film partly in his hometown of Cincinnati, and geographically speaking, Detroit is closer for any additional locations needed.

Right now, the casting call is for a March shoot. Paid extras and volunteers for crowd scenes are needed. All the information can be found here and stand-ins are also needed. (Also: PLEASE don't email me your resume, etc. I'm just the reporter.)

Clooney will direct and star in "Ides," along with Evan Rachel Wood, Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Max Minghella, Jeffery Wright and Marisa Tomei.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 31 Dec 2010, 19:37

11 for '11: Top film picks for the upcoming year

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11. The Ides of March George Clooney wrote, directed and co-stars in this political drama about a young staff member for a U.S. presidential candidate who loses his innocence on the campaign trail. Another great cast — Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Paul Giamatti, Philip Seymour Hoffman — make this one sound like a must-see. (December)

Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 31 Dec 2010, 20:28

I wonder if he's going to "get in trouble" for the writing part again like in Leatherheads? Since it's not his original screenplay, can he take the credit for "writing" it?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 01 Jan 2011, 06:37

I'm hoping for another GNGL,or CODM, I'd love to see him have another big success,but only if he finds himself a new girlfriend, one with some class, and a little modesty.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 01 Jan 2011, 14:16

Right on Lucy!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 02 Jan 2011, 11:28

Film in 2011

WHO, WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN NEW YEAR
JANUARY 2, 2011

Lights, camera, Clooney?

Definitely a person to watch in 2011 is Oscar-winning actor George Clooney, who could shoot part of his "Ides of March" movie here early this year.

The Augusta High School graduate created quite a buzz in November scouting locations in Cincinnati and at Miami University in Oxford.

Clooney will direct and play a Democratic governor running for president.

Clooney and longtime writing partner Grant Heslov adapted the script from Beau Willimon's "Farragut North" play about a presidential campaign. Willimon was a press aide for Howard Dean's 2004 presidential campaign.

Ryan Gosling ("The Notebook") will star as the aggressive first-time campaign staffer caught up in dirty tricks.

Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright and Max Minghella also have roles, says the Internet Movie Database ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Multiple reports say Clooney could shoot in Cincinnati and Michigan as early as February. A casting call has been posted for extras needed in Detroit in March.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sun 02 Jan 2011, 11:47

It must be great to write a script - especially when you're not alone - when you can talk with someone and work together like George and Grant.

I don't know how to write/adapt a script but in my association it's a wonderful work.
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Sun 02 Jan 2011, 16:27

Vi, I totally agree. Movie-making seems like a huge, amazing venture, and the screenwriting part interests me the most. If you're teamed up with the right person, it could be a blast!
PigLove
PigLove
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Jan 2011, 16:33

I really think that George and Grant can be genius together. Maybe they'll never be Joel and Ethan, but putting their heads together can reap huge enjoyment for us!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 02 Jan 2011, 19:29

If this movie turns out really good, George might get a 3-be for nominations - Best Director, Best Support actor and for Decendants - Best Actor.

OOPS! Make it a 4-be - best screen adaptation. king

Last edited by sisieq on Sun 02 Jan 2011, 19:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added second paragraph.)

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Jan 2011, 19:35

Fingers and toes crossed for our George?!?!?! Maybe even our eyes!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 03 Jan 2011, 01:35

lucy wrote:I'm hoping for another GNGL,or CODM, I'd love to see him have another big success,but only if he finds himself a new
woman
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 07 Jan 2011, 07:29

George Clooney to film new movie at Memorial Hall, Lunken Airport

George Clooney's "Ides of March" movie, scheduled to start filming here next month, will be art imitating life.

Clooney, who directs and stars in the film about a Democratic governor campaigning in presidential primaries, has personally scouted two locations here often used by national candidates: Lunken Airport and Memorial Hall.

"Memorial Hall is being used (for the film), but I don't have an exact date yet," said Ray Henry, Memorial Hall Society operations director.

The historic 102-year-old Elm Street auditorium was the scene of John McCain's 2008 Republican rally when WLW-AM's Bill Cunningham made national headlines for referring to the Democratic front-runner by his full name, Barack Hussein Obama.

"He (Clooney) really loved the building. He said, 'I'll see you soon. This is a great spot,' " Henry said of Clooney's visit.

Shooting will start in February, and go into March, says Jacquie Loughery, president and CEO of Dare to Dream Casting on Pete Rose Way, downtown.

Clooney, 49, the Oscar-winning actor who grew up in Mason and Augusta, will be directing his fourth movie - and filming his first in his hometown area. He could not be reached for comment.

An open casting call for extras and small roles will come "very soon," says Loughery, who cast "Cornhole: The Movie" and "The Black Dove," both shot here.

"There will be many extras needed," Loughery said.

Shortly after Thanksgiving, Clooney scouted Lunken Airport, used by candidates Obama, McCain, Sarah Palin, George H.W. Bush, Dan Quayle, Ted Kennedy, John Kasich and others.

"It looks like they're going to use it. We're still negotiating. Nothing in ink yet," said Fred Anderton, airport manager.

Anderton said he expects scenes to be shot in the terminal lobby and behind the terminal.

Clooney's production team also has talked to at least one Lunken hangar owner about renting space as a sound stage, Anderton said.

A Lunken hangar was used last year after the Reds-Cardinals' Opening Day game to shoot a Wheaties TV commercial starring Reds pitcher Francisco Cordero and St. Louis slugger Albert Pujols, he said.

Many extras would be needed if Clooney films campaign rallies here.

The 1979 Augusta High School graduate will play a Howard Dean-type governor based on Beau Willimon's "Farragut North" play about a presidential campaign.

Willimon was a press aide for Dean's 2004 presidential campaign. Clooney and his longtime writing partner, Grant Heslov, wrote the screenplay with Willimon.

Ryan Gosling ("The Notebook") stars as the aggressive first-time campaign staffer who gets caught up in dirty tricks.

Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright and Max Minghella will co-star, says the International Movie Database ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Giamatti plays a rival campaign manager, Tomei appears as a New York Times reporter and Wood plays a campaign intern, according to reports.

Part of "Ides of March" also will be shot in Michigan, which has approved a state film financial incentive for the production. A casting call has been posted for extras who will be needed in Detroit in March.

Clooney earned an Academy Award nomination in 2006 for directing "Good Night, And Good Luck," the year he won his Oscar for best supporting actor in "Syriana." He also directed "Leatherheads" and "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind."
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:40

Ohio Film Office Approve Clooney Incentives – And Quits

Now I know why the Ohio Film Office in Columbus never got back to me this week on whether George Clooney will receive a tax incentive for shooting “Ides of March” here, as he’s getting from the Michigan film office… The entire Ohio Film Office staff resigned today under pressure from new Gov. John Kasich.

So here’s the good news and bad news: The Ohio Film Office approved a 25% film tax credit for non-resident wages and all production expenditures made within the state, as well as 35% for all Ohio-resident wages. It was the final act by director Jeremy Henthorn. Clooney’s company ”will be in Cincinnati prepping and shooting for five to six weeks in February and March, says Katie Sabatino, public information officer for the Ohio Develolpment Department, which oversees the Ohio Film Office.

So the film is a go — even if the Ohio Film Office no longer exists.

Here’s what Henthorn tells me in an email: “The Director of Development, Lisa Patt-McDaniel and I approved this project. If there was a good way to go out for us, I think that this film was it. We worked with this project for a long time and I could not be happier to see this project come to the Cincinnati area.” (If you want to be an extra, use this link to email a digital photo of yourself, name, phone numbers and email address to be alerted to casting calls from Dare To Dream Productions.)

This is how he explains his termination:

“I have been informed that due to the administration transition, myself and the staff of the Ohio Film Office will no longer be needed. Because of this, I and Ohio Film Office Production Coordinator Jason Kovak have tendered our resignations effective January 7th. I am not aware of what this means for the future of the Ohio Film Office, but I can say that the Motion Picture Tax Credit is still active with available funds and all approved and outstanding credits will remain active.

Even though I will no longer be employed as Director, I will do as much as I can to assist any of you with questions or concerns that may come up in the near future… The Film Office has several pieces of business that the new administration was made aware were important and significant to the future of film in the state of Ohio. I have not spoken to anyone in the new administration to see if the list we provided has been reviewed or considered.

I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to work with each of you in various capacities. I have met many wonderful people along the way and am very proud of the infrastructure and production increase Ohio has seen in the past year. I am proud of the Ohio Film Office and the Department of Development’s part in that success. With that being said, I am a filmmaker and the opportunity to get back into the creative side of the business is incredibly exciting and long overdue. Best, Jeremy Henthorn”
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 08 Jan 2011, 21:37

Probably a different political party was elected. Happens all the time. Not saying this is the case this particular time, but alot of appointed jobs are "thank yous".

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 11 Jan 2011, 07:35

Clooney film to use 'hundreds of extras'

More than two dozen Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky locations will be used by George Clooney's "Ides of March" film crew next month, the regional film commission director said Monday.

And the film will need "hundreds of extras" while shooting three or four weeks in February and March, said Kristen Erwin, Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Film Commission executive director.

In her first announcement about the film, Erwin said Clooney's production designers started scouting here in October, a month before Clooney himself was seen touring Cincinnati and Oxford.

No start date for filming has been set, she said. Smokehouse Pictures, Clooney's company with longtime partner Grant Heslov, first must open a production office here, she said.

Erwin would not discuss potential locations for the film, which Clooney directs and stars in as a Howard Dean-style Democratic governor running in the presidential primaries.

Memorial Hall and Lunken Airport managers said last week that they had been approached about scenes being shot in both places, frequent stops for many national candidates.

"There are very obvious locations. They will be prominent around the city," Erwin said.

A casting call for hundreds of extras and some small roles will be announced "very soon" by Dare to Dream Casting based Downtown, said Jacquie Loughery, its president and CEO. Those interested should e-mail [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Erwin encouraged area residents and businesses to co-operate with the Oscar-winning actor from Augusta High School and his staff so more filmmakers might be lured here by Ohio's movie production tax incentives. "Ides of March" will be the first major movie to film mostly in Cincinnati since "Traffic" in 2000.

"We want George Clooney and his team to feel we are a film-friendly city, and to understand how excited we are to welcome back one of our own," she said.

"This is the best marketing tool we could hope for. If they have a good experience, they'll go back to Hollywood and tell others about the great opportunity (here)," she said.

The film also will star Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Producers in recent weeks have been assembling crews, finalizing hotel room reservations and meeting with city officials, Erwin said.

Under Ohio's 2009 film incentives, Clooney will receive a 25 percent tax credit for non-resident wages and production spending in Ohio, and a 35 percent tax break for all Ohio-resident wages.

"A lot of Ohioans will be hired" for extras, production office staff, set crew, drivers, makeup and hair because of the tax breaks, Erwin said.

Crew and cast expenditures for hotel rooms and meals "will be wonderful for Cincinnati," Erwin said. By contrast, "Traffic" starring Michael Douglas shot here only 10 days, she said.

Erwin said the resignation of the entire Ohio Film Office staff last week, at the request of new Gov. John Kasich, will not impact Clooney's production.

"It's business as usual in Cincinnati," she said. Erwin said she "hopes the new administration sees the importance of these types of jobs and dollars in the state of Ohio and keeps incentives moving forward."
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 14 Jan 2011, 12:21

From South Bend Tribune

Bless them - is anyone else thinking that it may take more than a chocolate gift basket and free stay in an inn to get him to change his mind?

ST. JOSEPH — It doesn't appear actor George Clooney will be filming any of his upcoming film, "The Ides of March," in St. Joseph, which he visited in November while scouting out possible locations.

According to The Associated Press, Clooney has decided to film in several locations around Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.

Clooney was spotted on Silver Beach, which prompted city officials in St. Joseph to post signs in the city to try to entice the actor into coming back.

City Manager Frank Walsh wrote a letter to Clooney requesting he come back for a visit. The city, partnering with The Boulevard Inn and Kilwin's Chocolates, offered him a weekend stay and free dining at The Bistro, with a chocolate gift basket.

The film, an adaptation of the Broadway play "Farragut North," includes a star-filled cast of Ryan Gosling, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood. Shooting is scheduled to begin in February.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Fri 14 Jan 2011, 16:11

I'd give him more than chocolate if he would film where I live. Hahaha!
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 14 Jan 2011, 18:27

George Clooney may spend a few days in Ann Arbor shooting 'The Ides of March'

Actor/director George Clooney reportedly hopes to do "a few days" of filming in Ann Arbor for his newest film project, "The Ides of March," according to Kay Seaser, the film liaison for the Ann Arbor Area Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Clooney scouted a few sites on the University of Michigan campus in November, and U-M Film Office director Lee Doyle wrote in an e-mail, "We are working with his people to make it work, but nothing is locked in yet."
Two locations scouted by Clooney and his team were the Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre and The Walgreen Drama Center.
According to several news reports, filming will primarily take place in Cincinnati and Detroit beginning in February.
Clooney will both direct and star in "Ides," which is a screen adaptation of an off-Broadway play called "Farragut North," by Beau Willimon. The story is loosely based on the rise and fall of Howard Dean during the 2004 Democratic primaries, and focuses on a wunderkind press secretary whose tryst with a teenage staffer has unforeseen consequences.
The roster of stars linked to the film includes Ryan Gosling, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Evan Rachel Wood. Plus, Leonardo DiCaprio is one of the film's producers.
A call for Detroit-area extras was posted on MichiganActing.com in mid-December (and the notice states that extras will be needed in March).
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 19 Jan 2011, 11:17

Found by Henway, thanks!

I guess it was a slow news day? Can you imagine any other time when a headline "Director enthusiastic about his own film" would be a valid story? Even in the world of entertainment 'news' this is soft!

From The Star

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ryan Gosling : Clooney enthusiastic over Ides

George Clooney is "infectiously enthusiastic" about his latest film, The Ides Of March, Ryan Gosling has revealed.

The Golden Globes-nominated actor will star in the political drama alongside George, who is also directing and co-producing.

"George has so much enthusiasm, he's just so enthusiastic about this film, and there's nothing he hasn't thought of - it's very infectious," Ryan said.

He added: "I'm a huge fan of George and Grant Heslov, his partner, who did my favourite TV show Unscripted."

Ryan, who can currently be seen starring in Blue Valentine with Michelle Williams, plays "a press spokesman who falls prey to backroom politics" in the film, based on the Broadway play Farragut North.

"It's an ensemble piece, but my character is the one that takes the downward spiral. He's an idealist who soon discovers the dirty pull of politics," said Ryan.

Filming kicks off in mid-February, but George has already given Ryan some advice on preparing for his role.

"He basically told me to go and campaign because we're about to make a campaign movie. I have to 'campaign' Blue Valentine as much as I can so I'm taking all the press as research," he added.

Golden Globe winner Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood also appear in The Ides Of March.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Wed 19 Jan 2011, 22:21

Good find Laetval, Its ok KD we understand.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 19 Jan 2011, 22:29

I find this story good! I would be enthusiastic working for George and he, of course, would be very enthusiastic having me work for him!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 20 Jan 2011, 08:48

Twitter search is saying that George was in Downtown Detroit today (19th). So, there since at least the 17th. We'll see where/if Piers says what city George's remote is from.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Thu 20 Jan 2011, 16:12

I think they already taped the Piers interview, didn't we see him coming out of the studio in NYC? It's in the Piers thread.
PigLove
PigLove

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Thu 20 Jan 2011, 16:29

Piers interviewed Howard Stern the other night and Stern commented that Piers interviews were taped. He was wondering how Piers would edit his interview.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 20 Jan 2011, 18:42

LOL, I know. I had posted over there that I had seen the commercial. Now I was wondering what city George did his remote from. Hello! Hug1

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Thu 20 Jan 2011, 22:21

HE (George) remoted from California.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 20 Jan 2011, 22:33

Henway wrote:HE (George) remoted from California.

Thank you!!!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Jan 2011, 00:46

".suebanaa @piersmorgan & Clooney in the same room together? volcanoes will be erupting!! the world can't handle that level of hotness on 1 show!
6:20 AM Jan 13th via web Retweeted by piersmorgan and 5 others"

"@lilyroseallen You'll change your mind. They always do. Right, must dash - Clooney awaits.
Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:04:42 PM via web in reply to lilyroseallen"

"What a day - Howard Stern at lunchtime, George Clooney at teatime. Both remarkable, revealing and fascinating. Need a celebratory drink...
Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:46:36 PM via web"

Doesn't this kind of sound like Piers had him right there? I don't know, I guess we'll have to wait til tomorrow, or until they release the video.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Fri 21 Jan 2011, 02:19

They released a clip today, and he's on a big screen (somewhat Orwellian), and his dad is in the studio with Piers.
PigLove
PigLove

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Jan 2011, 02:23

PigLove - I know, I know. Don't I feel like an igit!! I just saw it too. I think Piers' tweets were a tad bit misleading (in my defense!!!) Embarassed
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Fri 21 Jan 2011, 02:45

Mel, I've been confused by the whole thing! Like, I thought the picture of him coming out of the studio was when he was WITH Piers.

Totally out of it.
PigLove
PigLove

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 21 Jan 2011, 03:00

He does have a way with confusing us, doesn't he?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Fri 21 Jan 2011, 05:44

Yeah, but I bet we* sometimes scare the crap out of him, so call it even. Wink

*His adoring if slightly deranged fans.
PigLove
PigLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Jan 2011, 05:47

Hey, less of the adoring. No, wait ...
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 27 Jan 2011, 20:32

Weblink for Extras Casting

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 27 Jan 2011, 20:37

HE likes confusing us!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 28 Jan 2011, 10:47

From the casting link, filming starts in Ohio on 14th February 2011 then in Michigan from 7th March for an eight week shoot in total. So he is in Detroit now for pre-production?

Last edited by watching on Fri 28 Jan 2011, 10:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next