George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated

+34
macs
NotAvailable
Missa
Pari
bamboochacha
sadDonkey
annemarie
m4rose
Duffy
Lighterside
Vi
lelacorb
Merlin
watching
Michelle meyers
Henway
sisieq
Atalante
lucy
melbert
The next mrs clooney
pattygirl
lovelylois
zizi
silly girl
cindigirl
Cinderella
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
Joanna
fluffy
dakota007
it's me
laetval
38 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 Empty Re: BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:44

Shot of George in audience...guess who's sitting next to him ????
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 5 Empty Re: BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:45

Are you kidding? Holy Mother of God, what is it with this French fry that he's so popular?

Thanks so much Joanna, now I won't have to tune in the BAFTA tonight.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:46

Joanna, don't tease us!!! Who???
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:46

Joanna wrote:Shot of George in audience...guess who's sitting next to him ????

Stacy!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:46

GUESS who's' there with George ???? He he he
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:47

groovy!!!!!

Last edited by melbert on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:48; edited 1 time in total
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:47

It's Grant !! With a beard...on his face !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:50

Games... don't you just love them.
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:52

Hate to be a bearer of bad news but it seems like the Stacy show isn't bringing George much good luck this year.

I just feel so bad for him, he's been doing so much campaigning for The Descendents to say nothing about his freezing his butt off to attend the BAFTA.

Last edited by cindigirl on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:00; edited 1 time in total
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards were held on Feb. 12 at the Royal Opera House in London, and as the last film award show before the Oscars, they are a great indication of where the big awards will go to.
Check out all of the winners and tell us, HollywoodLifers — which actors and films were most deserving?

Best Picture:

The Artist

Best Director:

Michel Hazanavicius – The Artist

Best Actor:

Jean Dujardin – The Artist

Best Actress:

Meryl Streep – The Iron Lady

Best Supporting Actress:

Octavia Spencer – The Help

Best Supporting Actor:

Christopher Plummer – Beginners

Best Adapted Screenplay:

Bridget O’Connor & Peter Straughan – Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Best Original Screenplay:

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:56

I have to agree, Cindi! He has been working hard but I think everyone is catching on to the "Oscar" date theme. I don't know... It stinks to high heaven...
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:03

Did anyone watch the show is it worth watching tonight in the US.?

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:05

I think that Joanna is watching it now LL.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:10

I know I won't be watching now that I know George lost best actor. OK, I'm a sore loser. LOL facepalm

I'll catch the highlights on tomorrow's forum. Thanks in advance to whoever posts.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:11

Maybe he was campaigning too hard this time. Don't remember him going all out years before.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:12

Hope this works: RC interview

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:22

THANKS silly girl. Thumbs up! A video to soothe my aching heart.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:28

You're welcome....I am glad it made you feel better....don't worry there is one more to go... I love you

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:30

Truly sorry, George!!!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:37

It is like a repeat of the Michal Clayton campaign - he was a front runner from the outset then in award season, he started not winning at the important peer voted award shows. Then he didn't win the Oscar.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:47

great video!
splendida forma, il ragazzo

wow!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:48

Wasn't he nominated for a BAFTA for supporting actor in Syriana but dint win? he still got the Oscar though. I'm not counting him out yet, i think he just needs to lay low until the Oscars, keep his distance for a certain wrestler and hope that the damage isn't too much to be undone. I feel really sad now. So wish he would have won.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:50

Films go internationally, so what's still the point off all those awardzzzzzzzzz ??? To me nominations are sufficient. Basketball
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:51

They've just shown the RIP tributes and included Whitney.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:18

I don't see how this is Stacey's fault people win and lose George has lost before. Not everybody likes or loves him. People also find different actors and movies appealing so those movies win and the actors win.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:24

I agree annemarie, it is not Stacy's fault, it is Jean Dujardin's "fault", he is this years best actor.

I like George's coat. He looked good!

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:29

Not worthy really good
absolutely!

well, we will see at the Oscar
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:29

Oh George lost....it isn't looking good. He won his last academy without a PR girlfriend I think he has gone a little overboard with his "non campaign" and Stacy hasn't helped things. People were talking about her behaviour at the SAGS etc so no I dont think she has helped. I think he really should have stayed single, maybe split with Stacy now. How important can she be she isn't at the bAFTA's with him. He looks good alone he had Grant and Gio with him. I do think a movie with no dialogue is more a artsy film and it's hard to put that in with films where people actually have to say lines and show emotion etc through the words. Also a lot of people haven't liked The Artist and have walked out because a lot of people do not like reading subtitles. I don't mind but I'm probably the only one in my family or group who would even bother to see it. You never know there could be an upset George is liked by the academy. So at least we will be on the edge of our seats on Oscar night.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:31

di sicuro!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:39

That's just it... A movie that has no acting lines... One does not have to talk or memorize lines... Now tell me, how is that better acting than the other movie actors.? If they wanted to compare silent films, they should have a category for silent films. Then they could compare silent actors. Since that is not the case, how can you compare oranges to apples? I think this is about something else...IMHO
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:47

I understand your feeling Cinderella....but even though there are no real lines there is a story that he had to "act" out silently. Remember when Lipton of the Actor's Studio said he loved the scene where G learns his wife has cheated on him? All the acting was in his body language and facial expressions....no words. The problem with these awards is that they are ALL "apples & oranges"....none can be compared to each other....at this point it is the voters who will vote on who they like the best....more of a popularity contest or in the case of some actors a prize for their whole career....trust me Martin Scorsese should have won years ago but he won for a movie, that was good but not his best...IMO. I have a friend who can vote (or her husband can), I think I mentioned her before....she hated the Artist and loved the Descendants...so at this point it is anyone's guess....

Remember the old adage "it ain't over til it's over"......

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:47

I guess it's about courage
and homage
too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:47

Jean Dujardin - movie guild/union voters new hearthrob. Pathetic, yet probably true.

He looks great slutless.

Oscar Night - he should (always) bring his mother. flower

bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:58

Once again George, we simply love you... and yes, we are with you, no matter what I love you Oh you looked splendid on the Red Carpets... You really did! YAY!!! cheers

Well... it does look like you've taken the outcome heroically and was kind of accepting of it already... As always, wishing you the BESTEST, whatever is, for you...

Thanks folks... a quick "Hi all" I love you ... and yes, lots of love too,
Hug1
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 00:06

Joanna wrote:

Best Picture:
The Artist

Best Director:

Best Actor:
Jean Dujardin – The Artist

Best Actress:
Meryl Streep – The Iron Lady

Best Supporting Actress:
Octavia Spencer – The Help

Best Supporting Actor:
Christopher Plummer – Beginners

Best Adapted Screenplay:
Bridget O’Connor & Peter Straughan – Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Best Original Screenplay:

A great night for film. Cool Loved all the results, would have liked Viola to have gotten Best Actress instead of Meryl but nevertheless, good results and lovely acceptances speeches all round. Disappointed for Gary Oldman but congrats to Jean Dujardin and The Artist taking home 7 awards. Looks like it's the year of The Artist.

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 13 Feb 2012, 00:18

lots of love for you too
Pari

yep, he was splendid indeed Very Happy

ciao! Hello! Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 13 Feb 2012, 00:34

I think it was Lainey who noted in her coverage of the Oscar nominees' luncheon that Jean Dujardin and Viola Davis got the biggest rounds of applause, which she took as a sign George and Brad should be nervous. Jean does seem to be on an upswing lately. I think George still has a decent shot at Best Actor, but I think Scorsese will get director and The Artist best picture. That's solely based on the fact that Hugo and The Artist are basically tributes to old Hollywood, and the Academy are suckers for that stuff. Same reason I'm pretty sure Woody Allen will take the screenwriting award for Midnight in Paris. I don't know about how predictive the BAFTAs are for the Oscars, but the overlap of voters between SAG and the Academy doesn't bode very well for Georgie.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 13 Feb 2012, 00:38

cindigirl wrote:Hate to be a bearer of bad news but it seems like the Stacy show isn't bringing George much good luck this year.

I just feel so bad for him, he's been doing so much campaigning for The Descendents to say nothing about his freezing his butt off to attend the BAFTA.

Stacy has nothing to do with it. If George were to act in The Artist, he might have won. Hey it's an original movie in 2012 so a lesson for Georgieporgie, get to be original. Ha ! Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 13 Feb 2012, 00:43

Thank you It's me!! Hug1
YUP!! Wasn't he!! Saw some pictures on the web, and I just did stare and stare as he did look awesome somehow Smile He has taken it in his stride and very well indeed... Nice treat beginning Monday Very Happy
Ciao! I love you

Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 00:58

Cinderella wrote:That's just it... A movie that has no acting lines... One does not have to talk or memorize lines... Now tell me, how is that better acting than the other movie actors.? If they wanted to compare silent films, they should have a category for silent films. Then they could compare silent actors. Since that is not the case, how can you compare oranges to apples? I think this is about something else...IMHO

I've been saying that about the silent film Artist with no lines etc being compared to the all round film Descendants and wondered if it's just the "novelty" factor of something different and "out of the box" that has made it a winner, so far ?
I feel disappointed, but we've been hearing George say over and over this time that awards don't really matter, it's the film that counts. I wondered if at his time of life and film making experience, losing an award won't be as important as being nominated and knowing that their film IS good and authentic.

On a lighter note, there was a shot of Alexander saying something closely to George, just after the winner was announced, I think for best film, and they were both applauding. Whatever he said to George made him laugh like a drain.
In my imagination, maybe he said " I should have made the ******* film in black and white and saved some money"

Cheer up ladies. As my Grandmother used to say "Worse things happen at sea"

Good night
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Mon 13 Feb 2012, 01:32

Naw - voting today is like a fad - what's/who's in the now gets the win, not the talent.

BSC = bull s**hit crap!!!!!!!
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 13 Feb 2012, 04:45

Well, even tho he say it doesn't matter, I still feel it inside for him. Feel such disappointment on his behalf. I know there are other actors who have great ratings too, and directors who were great. Films that were great. But like some of you, I don't really see silent films being truly comparable to full and complete acting roles. Less is required and the style of the old silent films were not always complete in showing all the emotion as they depended a lot on script that printed across the screen. That always bothered me about silent films and i never watch them because the script moves too fast. Can't get all that the story is about so why would i watch that? They just never ever seemed all that interesting to me. Like Charlie Chaplin, but many of his movies I have never watched. Valentino too.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 13 Feb 2012, 05:05

I watched both the Grammy's and the Baftas and dvr'ed them both
going back and forth bounce

There was a red carpet before. It was short but sweet
he was laughing when jean won so he might not have felt too bad( I hope) but, yes, him and Alexander were joking around about something.

I am curious? Does anyone know if this was live or not?
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 11:03

The TV coverage of the award show on BBC wasn't live as the results were coming in on the BBC news beforehand, as I reported, before the show coverage started.
It was about an hour behind for editing out the minor categories purposes.
I think the actual awards took about 2 hours.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Mon 13 Feb 2012, 15:43

I've looked at the red carpet pictures really fast (my boss thinks i'm working... ) but George and Brad Pitt seemed to be the only ones with coats ? What's up with that ?
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 13 Feb 2012, 15:52

macs wrote:I've looked at the red carpet pictures really fast (my boss thinks i'm working... ) but George and Brad Pitt seemed to be the only ones with coats ? What's up with that ?

Don't forget George and Brad are from California and I suspect their blood is a little thinner than the hale and hearty Europeans who are in the midst of a horrific winter whose blood is probably as tick as molassas. lol
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 13 Feb 2012, 15:52

George preferred walking on red carpet with Colin?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 13 Feb 2012, 15:54

that fantastic man!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 16:43

Lots of folks had coats & scarves.
Brad & George looked like traditional English funeral directors in
their black coats, so maybe they hired them for the night
from Moss Bros !!!

Colin & George's bear hug picture here. It happened after Colin's wife
had a kiss from him first.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 13 Feb 2012, 16:48

ROFL Joanna
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next