George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated

+34
macs
NotAvailable
Missa
Pari
bamboochacha
sadDonkey
annemarie
m4rose
Duffy
Lighterside
Vi
lelacorb
Merlin
watching
Michelle meyers
Henway
sisieq
Atalante
lucy
melbert
The next mrs clooney
pattygirl
lovelylois
zizi
silly girl
cindigirl
Cinderella
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
Joanna
fluffy
dakota007
it's me
laetval
38 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 Empty Re: BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:30

Duffy wrote:I think Viola Davis summed it up nicely by saying that the BAFTAs are all about the craft of film-making, and not so much a personality contest. So not too many questions on who people were wearing tonight.

The actual awards show is being televised on the BBC here in the UK at 9pm, but I believe that, like in previous years, it is on a tape delay. The results are expected to start rolling in at about 8pm, and it sounds like the BBC will announce the winners as they come through, and not wait until the 9pm taped show.

Yes more interesting without the dress talk IMO

BBC NEWS 24 will be stating results from around 8pm, so they said
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated - Page 4 Empty Re: BAFTA - The Descendants & The Ides of March nominated

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:34

I saw George many times wandering around the red carpet chatting to many interviewers so maybe they'll all come up later on internet.
he also was also looking for people to chat to, not anxious to go into the building
too soon !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:42

Quite right Joanna, he seemed to be one of the last to go inside. Guess it makes a difference when he's on his own and doesn't have to be concerned about making sure his date is taken care of inside. Didn't see Stan anywhere - did he not make the trip over?

He also mentioned that he'll be heading back home early tomorrow, so not much time in London. Doesn't plan on coming back for the Olympics as he'll be working instead. Sad

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:44

headbang He just looks so much better without someone on his arm.....more relaxed, free to speak with people, happier.....oh why oh why George will you not learn? Thanks for all the pictures!!!

Last edited by m4rose on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hadn't finished my thought before I hit the button. My bad.)
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:05

back home early tomorrow?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:07

Yes.... in time for Valentine's Day ??? lol!

I'm watching BBC News for a result and will put it here asap....

Good Luck GTC !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:10

Christopher Plummer WON YAY !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:17

Tinker Tailor won outstanding British film YAY
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:21

Octavia Spencer won supporting actress
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:21

Yay!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:40

Still Waiting !!!!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:49

The Artist wins best Original Screenplay
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:51

Good job Joanna thanks - keep us outcasts in America posted. LOL

By the way, what time is it in UK right now please?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:53

8:53pm Sunday
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:56

Thanks Cindy - 5 hours ahead of US.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:57

Yes, and You're welcome!

Come on George!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:58

Still WAITING...grrrrrrrr

8.59 pm
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:59

I hate waiting.... Grrrr
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:00

SENNA won documentary
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:03

I'm impatient too. If this is anything like the GG awards they're going to wait until almost the last minute to announce best actor. Their way of securing that people watch the whole show and commercial ads.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:04

lol!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:06

All Together Now....Start singing...."Why are we waiting..."

NO ads on BBC !!!!! LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:09

Razz "Why are we waiting..." Razz
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:14

I'm multi tasking here...recording the actual show on another channel, been watching 24 news BBC with banners going across for Breaking News for latest results, eating cheese & biscuits with a cup of tea and typing here. PHEW....
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:14

beh?!?!?!?
e allora????
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:15

and the honorary BAFTA goes to Joanna, our Queen of the BAFTA information!!! queen
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:15

Thanks Joanna! cheers
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:16

Joanna we appreciate all your hard work.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:16

Meryl Streep BAFTA WINNER !!!! YAY
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:17

Drum roll............................
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:17

Not long now....Hopefully...I'm getting tense !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:19

Here... I'll include a commercial to ease your mind.

The next time you have rough hands, remember Gold Bond... It works wonders...

Ps: My Dad used that.
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:20

Thanks Joanna for your updates! And, Duffy, too!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By METRO WEB REPORTER - 12th February, 2012

George Clooney says Baftas 'much bigger deal' than ten years ago
Eight-time nominee George Clooney has hailed the impact the British Academy of Film and Television Arts has had on independent filmmaking over the last decade.

Clooney said the Baftas were a 'fun thing' that had become 'a much bigger deal in the last ten years or so'.

'It makes a big difference now and it helps films, particularly smaller films like We Need to Talk About Kevin,' Clooney told the BBC on the red carpet outside the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, London.

'If they get awards nominations they continue to get to make films like that.'

Clooney, 50, is up for two awards in tonight's ceremony, for leading actor for his role in The Descendants and for best adapted screenplay for political thriller The Ides of March.

Although he has never won a Bafta despite being nominated eight times, the Oscar-winning actor said he was 'proud' to be recognised for his work, particularly off-camera.

'It's my second time here with a nomination for writing so I'm very proud; I'm happy to be here,' Clooney explained.

On his role in The Descendants, for which he has also received a best actor nomination for the Oscars, Clooney said it was director Alexander Payne who attracted him to the role.

'I wanted to work with [Payne] more than anything and then he handed me a really good screenplay so I thought it would be fun to do,' Clooney added.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:20

Hope we don't have a power cut scaredsilly
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:22

Artist wins best director
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:23

OH S H I T .....gone to Jean Du Gardin
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:24

blowup Big Mistake IMO blowup
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:24

hope not the Oscar too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:24

Man... Sorry George! Breaks my heart! Sad
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:26

That's so wrong!!! Very disappointed with the BAFTA's for that.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:26

vabbè
come here baby
I'm sending you loads of Hug1 big big big bears hugs!
and loads of lip smack
and Give hearts
and Give Flowers2

better?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:26

As much as this is a GC site I am really surprised it didn't go to Gary Oldman...especially when I heard one of the commentators mention that he is French (which I thought wasn't necessary to say)....I thought for sure they would pick Oldman....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:28

the 'big' game is still open....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:29

Oh bad luck George....but we still love you Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:34

I'm sorry George... Crying or Very sad
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:36

Joanna, pour yourself a LARGE glass of wine and take a breath! Great job!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:38

Joanna wrote:OH S H I T .....gone to Jean Du Gardin

Sorry, I think I'm missing a bit here. Jean Du whatever won best director or best actor?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:40

Joanna wrote:Oh bad luck George....but we still love you Give Flowers

oh YES!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:42

Sorry cindi....Best Actor

I'm now watching the actual show I recorded. At least the tension has lifted and I can relax & enjoy it !
Camera goes to George occasionally & Stephen Fry, who's presenting on stage, and famously gay, embarrassed Brad in the audience. LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:44

CindiGirl,
The Artist won film
Jean won actor
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next