George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
The Ides of March - Page 9 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
The Ides of March - Page 9 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
The Ides of March - Page 9 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Ides of March - Page 9 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
The Ides of March - Page 9 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Ides of March - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Ides of March - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Ides of March - Page 9 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Ides of March - Page 9 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Ides of March

+45
davidarochelle
madsky
lovelylois
Cinderella
macs
Pari
hathaross
Ello
LornaDoone
sarah ali
pattygirl
MyGirlKylie
Natascha
NotAvailable
Clooney
lelacorb
sandwiches
Tigerina
fluffy
Lighterside
Casey
cindigirl
lolo"layla"
j
noodle
Admin
playfuldeb
laetval
bellybaby
bunny
Sabby
Atalante
ladydi
Dexterdidit
watching
Henway
blubelle
it's me
PigLove
Vi
Merlin
melbert
sisieq
lucy
Katiedot
49 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Ides of March - Page 9 Empty Re: The Ides of March

Post by sandwiches Wed 23 Mar 2011, 16:34

lucy wrote:They showed the above pic on TMZ last night with a who would you rather do ??? it's funny most of the men on the show chose George!

haha! That's funny! I'll take both please. I love me some Ryan. He's a good Canadian boy. Very Happy
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 23 Mar 2011, 20:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

McCreadys lunch with actor Clooney

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ACTOR AND ARTIST — Whitewater artist Ben McCrea­dy last week enjoyed lunch with George Clooney while the actor was filming a movie in Michigan. Shown above are the two after lunch. Below, is the portrait of Clooney painted by McCready.

WHITEWATER - George Clooney invited Ben, Anne and Bo McCready to have lunch with him on his movie set the other day. The Hollywood superstar had been looking forward to meeting Ben for the last few months, ever since Clooney had asked the famous Whitewater artist for permission to use several of Ben's portraits in a movie he was going to be filming.

However, Clooney was even more excited to meet Ben because he had seen a photo of the portrait Ben recently had painted of him, a commission arranged by Clooney's staff and the University of Michigan to be presented to Clooney while filming in Ann Arbor on the University of Michigan campus.

Clooney's movie, "Ides of March," already is generating huge "Oscar-buzz," which should be no surprise given the cast. The film, scheduled for release this December, is directed by Clooney, who also stars in it, along with Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Evan Rachel Wood, Marisa Tomei and Paul Giamatti.

Who else is in the movie? None other than Bo McCready, Ben and Anne's son. Bo was a paid "featured extra" and was selected by Clooney's casting director to spend an entire day of filming - seven hours - within a few feet of Clooney. Also on set that day were Gosling, Hoffman and Wood.

"The casting director said that they choose the best-looking, most photogenic people to be right up front, next to the stars in every scene," said Ben.

Whitewater residents might remember Bo for his starring roles in plays and musicals all four years of high school. Bo is quick to give credit to Anne and Lane Kuske, who directed him and hundreds of others through the years.

On Wednesday, March 16, the actor and the artist got together for lunch. Security, always heavy when Clooney is filming, had more than doubled on that particular day. There had been a couple of security breaches on set earlier that morning and extra security had been called in. By the time Ben, Anne and Bo arrived on set, everything was running behind schedule and their lunch and scheduled meeting with Clooney had been moved to a large, nearby building that had been cleared out and "locked-down" with extra security everywhere.

Everything eventually worked out even better than planned.

"We got our food along with Clooney, cast, and crew, and then we were taken to another room where, after we ate, Clooney could visit privately with us, away from everyone," Ben said.

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydi Wed 23 Mar 2011, 21:17

I like the eyes. He definitely caught George's spirit on canvas.

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 24 Mar 2011, 03:53

There had been a couple of security breaches on set earlier that morning and extra security had been called in
I wonder what happened?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 24 Mar 2011, 03:59

Sandwiches, I totally agree with you tough choice!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 24 Mar 2011, 08:57

Never Lucy!! Always Gee! Ryan's just a little boy!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 24 Mar 2011, 09:30

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 24 Mar 2011, 09:58

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Thu 24 Mar 2011, 15:53

fluffy wrote:Never Lucy!! Always Gee! Ryan's just a little boy!!

Not that little. He's of age at least. Razz

That's a good painting!
sandwiches
sandwiches

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 24 Mar 2011, 15:58

It's a good job we're all different sandwiches, more for me!! (and melbert!).
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 24 Mar 2011, 18:21

Good likeness of George, but i"m not that crazy about it. I'm guessing the guy painted it from a photo???? Why give him a photo of his hair so flat on top. I guess the portrait has to "grow" on me.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 24 Mar 2011, 19:54

George Clooney poses with extras while filming The Ides of March at Power Center in March, 2011. Taken by the man to whom Clooney handed Rose's camera, and submitted with Rose's permission by Dianne Shute--thanks, all!

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Fri 25 Mar 2011, 02:47

Aww sweet!! That photo really ages George. Wink
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 25 Mar 2011, 08:46

I think Gee looks rather sweet and not old! I like the woman who's got her hand on Gee's shoulder! Why not I would!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 25 Mar 2011, 08:48

I forgot to say in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they have a picture of Talia Akiva, she's such a sweet looking child, I can see why she got picked as Gee's daughter.
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 25 Mar 2011, 09:31

Lake Orion president hired as Clooney stand-in
Published: Thursday, March 24, 2011

0digg

By MONICA DRAKE
Of The Oakland Press

Click to enlarge
Matt Phillips, president of the Lake Orion Education Foundation, said he doesn’t think he looks like actor George Clooney, but that didn’t stop casting director Ryan Hill from hiring Phillips as Clooney’s stand-in.

“It surprised me when they called me. I said, ‘I look nothing like George Clooney,’” said Phillips. “They said, ‘Well, you’re 5’11’’ to six feet tall, similar build and you have salt and pepper hair. Your skin color is fairly close.’ So that’s what they were looking for in a stand-in.”

Clooney began shooting the movie “The Ides of March” in Ohio and came to Michigan two weeks ago to finish the movie. Phillips is Clooney’s only stand-in while in Michigan. Phillips said he heard from the crew that filming should wrap up on April 8, and Clooney told him the movie should be released in theaters by mid-October.

“Basically, I do everything George does in the scene to set it up before he’s in the scene. One day, I sat in the back of a car and rolled the window up and down, and they set the camera and the lighting up,” said Phillips.

In the movie, Phillips said Clooney’s character is Mike Morris, a governor running for president. Phillips said one of the bigger scenes was shot in an auditorium at the University of Michigan with about 1,500 extras, including students from the school.

Phillips said his wife Tiffany receives updates from a casting call website, and when she heard Clooney was looking for a stand-in, she told her husband he should try for it.

“I said I would take a chance, out of a million people who were probably submitting. So I sent my picture off to Ryan Hill Casting. He apparently does a lot of the casting for a lot of the big movies that come to town,” said Phillips. “The next day, he gave me a call and said he needed me on Friday morning at the set. Thankfully I have a flexible work schedule, so I went down, and they dressed me up like George Clooney. And away I went.”

Phillips said he has been on set for five days so far, and he will probably be on set for another six or seven days. While working, he said he’s gotten the chance to meet all the actors in the movie.

“(Clooney) is pretty busy because he’s directing the film too, but in between, he jokes with all the extras, laughing and having a good time. When it’s time to work, he all of the sudden gets serious and snaps into his lines. It’s cool to see how professional these guys are and what goes into the making of a movie,” said Phillips. “We’ve talked about sports, local restaurants, the movie incentives and what’s going on with the tax incentives and filming in Michigan. It’s almost surreal that I’m standing next to this guy who’s a mega-famous movie star, and it’s just like hanging out with one of your buddies from work or college.”

Phillips said he doesn’t know what’s going to happen with the tax incentives in Michigan, but he said he’s seen firsthand how many Michigan residents have received jobs because of them.

“Behind the scenes, just talking to all the people that are working on the movie, the sound guys and the lighting guys and the prop people, the majority are from Michigan. What they were telling me is they have only been in this business for a couple years, so they just got their break,” said Phillips. “The people here are trained to a level that they can compete with the folks in Los Angeles and New York, so they’re hiring more people who are local.”

Phillips is executive director of Victory Pharma, Inc. in Lake Orion, a pharmaceutical company.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 25 Mar 2011, 10:14

Ha! George and his harem Wink
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 25 Mar 2011, 10:23

LOL Merlin. I wonder how they decided who got to touch him! Bet there was some envy. Looks good though.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2011, 10:45

laetval wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney poses with extras while filming The Ides of March at Power Center in March, 2011. Taken by the man to whom Clooney handed Rose's camera, and submitted with Rose's permission by Dianne Shute--thanks, all!

Has to be one of the most relaxed and happy photographs ive seen of George in a long time, and lucky girl to get to put her arm around George, i would be shaking like an idiot affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 25 Mar 2011, 12:04

I don't know, I wouldn't mind being the girl (or girls) that he's leaning back into..

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2011, 14:23

he can sit on my lap anyday

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 Mar 2011, 01:30

I would rather sit in his lap...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 28 Mar 2011, 14:46

Stars shine on Erie Street

Erie Street's cool factor remains hot, with buzz around George Clooney's visit to Mezzo on Saturday night.

"There was a buzz all down the street that's for sure," a staff member at a cafe nearby said.

"We had employees here who wanted to go over and see for themselves. But we were pretty busy."

Clooney, filming in Detroit, came in for dinner and people gathered for a glimpse, said Filip Rocca, co-owner of Mezzo.

He was in a party of four and they enjoyed themselves dining in a secluded area near the kitchen. He ordered the black squid ink fettuccine with seafood.

Rocca said the party included another film star, Grant Heslov, who was in the 1994 James Cameron film True Lies.

"Heads were spinning," Rocca said of the restaurant reaction and the efforts to provide a measure of privacy. Clooney indulged fan seekers with autographs. But no pictures, please, the table requested.

Rocca said staff tried to keep people from bothering the table. One woman went up to the table three times, Rocca said.

Rocca said he didn't appreciate just how big a star Clooney is until the response the film star generated at the restaurant, on the street that night and in his email's in box, Saturday through Monday.

"My in box blew up with emails," Rocca said.

Clooney wasn't the only celebrity popping by Erie on Saturday night. Apparently, Deena Nicole, the Jersey Shore star in town for an appearance at the Boom Boom Room, stopped in at the popular Erie Street eatery Motor Burger.

Rocca said celebrities such as Chris Noth and three cast members from the Sopranos have all dropped by Mezzo, a popular restaurant and lounge he operates with Chef Michael Barlozzari.

Celebrities in the past such as Harrison Ford have trekked across the border to Windsor for a meal while working in the area.

As for Clooney, apparently he likes Mezzo and Erie Street so much he plans to return. Rocca explained Clooney told him he'll be working in the Detroit area for a while longer.

"He did say he's going to be back " to Mezzo, Rocca said.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 28 Mar 2011, 15:19

I wonder who the other two were in his party?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydi Mon 28 Mar 2011, 16:27

Me too, melbert. I find it stange George didn't take any photos. He hasn't been camera shy before.

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 28 Mar 2011, 16:35

I think I've read before that he doesn't like pictures being taken when he is eating Ladydi ...neither would I!
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydi Mon 28 Mar 2011, 16:43

Sure, I could understand that part, but in the past few stories he's stopped to take photos with fans.

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 28 Mar 2011, 16:53

I find it a bit curious...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 28 Mar 2011, 19:05

That would explain why we don't see pictures of him. Since he started filming there are tweets and reports that he had dinner here, there and everywhere, but no pics.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 28 Mar 2011, 20:34

Well, it's an Italian resto, yum, yum, yum ! cheers

And on friday he was at a birthdayparty : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ! Chez les Sinatragirls. love1
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydi Mon 28 Mar 2011, 22:50

Nancy looks good for her age. Girlfriend is still walkin' in those boots!

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 29 Mar 2011, 01:13

Atalante wrote:Well, it's an Italian resto, yum, yum, yum ! cheers

And on friday he was at a birthdayparty : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ! Chez les Sinatragirls. love1
I didn't look at all of them, but the few photos before and after the above link all say "added March 24", however no year was added. IMHO, his hair looks shorter in that photo.

If you watch the link as it opens, it jumps from the RC House to Nancy's facebook page. Is there an original link at RC House FB page? How do you know it was a birthday party? Just wondering. Very Happy

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Tue 29 Mar 2011, 01:23

It may have been added March 24th, but I think that picture is old too. He just looks different. Look at the teeth. Those are his old teeth.

I'm thinking this picture is from 2005/2006, when he was promoting Confessions and then Syriana. Somewhere around that time.

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabby Tue 29 Mar 2011, 01:28

I agree - it's an old pic. You can upload pics to FB anytime and they don't have to be new. Looks like Nancy put together an album of family and friends, that's all - and George happens to be in it.

Sabby
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabby Tue 29 Mar 2011, 01:33

She also has the same photo album with the same pic of George posted elsewhere on the web dated back to Jan 2010.

Sabby
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 29 Mar 2011, 07:06

I think they just used that old picture because it was Mrs Sinatra's 94th birthday and George was in the picture with her...
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 29 Mar 2011, 10:04

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 29 Mar 2011, 11:29

sisieq wrote:
Atalante wrote:Well, it's an Italian resto, yum, yum, yum ! cheers

I didn't look at all of them, but the few photos before and after the above link all say "added March 24", however no year was added. IMHO, his hair looks shorter in that photo.

If you watch the link as it opens, it jumps from the RC House to Nancy's facebook page. Is there an original link at RC House FB page? How do you know it was a birthday party? Just wondering. Very Happy

bounce [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 29 Mar 2011, 11:45

laetval wrote:

Well he izzzzzzzz playing ball ! Doh!

Hey George, you want a ... pogostick now ? geek
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 29 Mar 2011, 15:09

Mrs. Sinatra's birthday was Wed, March 23

03-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Mom's birthday is not until Wednesday but I wanted her page to be up for a few days.

I think RC House facebook page was just giving a shout out to Mrs. S for her birthday. They seem to like to use photos with their posts and found one with George. IMHO

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 31 Mar 2011, 16:32

Today in Detroit, hope will get more! Wake up Detroit!! Very Happy

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Thu 31 Mar 2011, 20:39

I'll vote for him.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 01 Apr 2011, 08:34

Don't you think the poster makes Gee's features look heavy, almost asleep!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 01 Apr 2011, 13:04

....kinda like a hound dog.......

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 01 Apr 2011, 15:24

bellybaby wrote:....kinda like a hound dog.......

Speaking of hound dogs - (found by a poster over on CU Forum at FreakingNews.com

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 01 Apr 2011, 15:56

Sorry ladies I have to say Wooooooooooooo cold water please!!! Lurve the package to the centre left!! Why was he doing this?? Charity perhaps? Any movie footage available? Sisieq, just what I needed on a Friday afternoon, I'll sleep tonight albeit lonesome with my wooden heart!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 01 Apr 2011, 16:01

I don't think, well I'm not sure (even after having checking in the forum) if these pics were already posted here anyway I do it though! (Pics posted from the link on fev 26 - Cincinnati)

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Fri 01 Apr 2011, 16:19

In the Elvis picture I think G's head is photo shopped onto the body. Sure do like the body. Who is the blonde in the other photos?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Fri 01 Apr 2011, 17:37

blubelle wrote:In the Elvis picture I think G's head is photo shopped onto the body. Sure do like the body. Who is the blonde in the other photos?

Definitely photoshopped. Damn funny though. Laughing

That's actress Evan Rachel Wood.

I guess they're done filming?
sandwiches
sandwiches

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 01 Apr 2011, 18:13

Those photos seem to be from the first week filming when George's nephew had his big sceen or the next day (I THINK his parents were there twice). Just "new" finds for Laet. Very Happy

"Where's Waldo" - LOL - is that him in the fifth photo in the blue baseball cap. (Couldn't resist bringing it up!)

Yes, "Elvis-George" def photoshopped, but fun.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next