George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Ides of March - Page 10 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
The Ides of March - Page 10 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Ides of March - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Ides of March - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Ides of March - Page 10 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Ides of March - Page 10 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Ides of March - Page 10 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Ides of March - Page 10 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Ides of March - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Ides of March

+45
davidarochelle
madsky
lovelylois
Cinderella
macs
Pari
hathaross
Ello
LornaDoone
sarah ali
pattygirl
MyGirlKylie
Natascha
NotAvailable
Clooney
lelacorb
sandwiches
Tigerina
fluffy
Lighterside
Casey
cindigirl
lolo"layla"
j
noodle
Admin
playfuldeb
laetval
bellybaby
bunny
Sabby
Atalante
ladydi
Dexterdidit
watching
Henway
blubelle
it's me
PigLove
Vi
Merlin
melbert
sisieq
lucy
Katiedot
49 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Ides of March - Page 10 Empty Re: The Ides of March

Post by laetval Fri 01 Apr 2011, 19:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GEORGE CLOONEY directed film seeks female airline employees.
"Ides of March" has a small scene set to shoot in an airport on Thursday, April 7th. Ryan Hill is looking for a few female extras to play airline emploees. “Ides of March” is a feature film directed by George Clooney.

Available Roles: -- 3 Female Airline Employees (The costumes department has uniforms and would like to do fittings for these roles on Friday, April 1st. Uniforms are size 6 or 8.)

Compensation: -- These are paid roles.

How to Apply: -- If you are available & would like to be considered for one of these roles, e-mail a recent picture or headshot to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NOTE: -- Please include “4/07 Airline Employee” in the subject line of your email. Also note in your email if you are a size 6 or 8.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Fri 01 Apr 2011, 21:04

Now they tell me!!! Just joking - don't live in Michigan - drats. Hope some Clooneyites do. Imagine getting PAID to oogle G.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 01 Apr 2011, 22:13

blubelle wrote:Imagine getting PAID to oogle G.
I won't even go there. Laughing Twisted Evil

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2011, 00:23

They wouldn't have to PAY me!! I'd pay them for that chance!!! But, I'm more like size 68 rather than 6 or 8... affraid well, maybe not THAT big...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 02 Apr 2011, 00:29

melbert wrote:They wouldn't have to PAY me!! I'd pay them for that chance!!! But, I'm more like size 68 rather than 6 or 8... affraid well, maybe not THAT big...
Well, 68 is better than 86. (hides behind computer) tongue

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2011, 00:46

hahahahaha! Any more Snickers and McDonald's Caramel Frappes and I WILL be an 86!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 04 Apr 2011, 19:30

Monday April 4, 2011. **EXCLUSIVE** George Clooney and Ryan Gosling continue work on the set of their upcoming film "The Ides of March". The pair were spotted filming at Clooney's character Governor Mike Morris' Detroit campaign headquarters. Campaign posters with Clooney's face and the word 'More' could be scene posted in the windows.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 04 Apr 2011, 20:10

But is it possible that George does not ever change your clothes, so if I could
just think what stinks ..... but ..... but I think C is old photos!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 06 Apr 2011, 18:11

Also according to Les Frenchies George scribbled on the wall of the General Store in Augusta, KY during his last visit there. There's no link from them so I don't know where it came from originally.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 06 Apr 2011, 19:51

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 07 Apr 2011, 01:11

And how much do you want to bet that someone will jackhammer that wall!!??
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 07 Apr 2011, 04:33

Found by Henway

From freep

“The Ides of March,” the behind-the-scenes political drama that brought George Clooney to metro Detroit, is wrapping filming today.

The movie spent a little more than four weeks here shooting at locations in downtown Detroit, Clawson, Bloomfield Hills and Ann Arbor. Today, the cast and crew were working at a soundstage in Farmington Hills.

In the movie, Clooney plays presidential primary candidate Gov. Mike Morris. He’s also the director, producer and co-writer of the project, which is adapted from the play “Farragut North.”

The cast includes Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti and Evan Rachel Wood.

“Ides” was approved for about $4.8 million in Michigan film incentives and expected to spend $12.5 million in the state.

Although Clooney kept a low profile during his visit here, he was described as gracious and funny by local actors who landed small parts in the movie and observers of scenes filmed at Christ Church Cranbrook in Bloomfield Hills and the University of Michigan’s Power Center for the Performing Arts
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 07 Apr 2011, 08:47

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 07 Apr 2011, 08:53

That doesn't look like Gee's writing, I bet someone just did it for a laugh! Even though it's a bumpy wall, he would be neater than that. Also on blogspot.com they said that filming stopped yesterday, so will he be heading back to LA?
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:59

In that very first pic at the top, where he's holding the monitor, he looks like a kid with a remote control for a car.....boys.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydi Thu 07 Apr 2011, 14:42

Looks pretty close to his signature to me

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 07 Apr 2011, 15:14

The 3rd pic look on his face "oh shit they're gonna be talking bout me and the young girl" you can almost see the words on his face!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Thu 07 Apr 2011, 16:26

Look at Grant, peeking through the blinds like that. We can see you, Grant Smile

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 07 Apr 2011, 16:53

Fluffy, that IS George's writing.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 07 Apr 2011, 19:44

George Clooney’s ‘Ides Of March’ final shoot day will be in Michigan, Not New York

Back in February I reported that George Clooney was going to spend the final day of principal photography on The Ides of March, which is currently filming in Detroit, in New York City.

According to the original shooting schedule, Ides was going to be in New York City on April 9 for one final scene which would be shot at Charlie Rose’s studio.

Tomorrow was going to be the final day of filming in Michigan, scheduled to take place in a studio, and then they would move to NYC before wrapping.

Well apparently they’ve decided to skip the trek to NYC and recreate the scene in Michigan. Apparently its easier to fly Charlie Rose to Michigan then to move the entire production to New York. (Of course my boyfriend blames the change on my earlier post, speculating that there would have been a huge crowd and he’s thinking Clooney didn’t want to deal with it, but I think George has bigger fish to fry then little ‘ol me!)

According to MichiganActing.com, they are looking for a stand-in for Charlie Rose for the movie on 4.9 in Michigan. One of our most reliable Michigan tipsters, @bananadoc, also told me that the shoot will take place in Farmington Hills.

Sorry New Yorkers, it looks like we won’t be seeing George Clooney around town anytime soon. As for those in Michigan, if you hear any further details about Saturday’s shoot let us know and we’ll pass it on, the good news is you all will get one more chance to see them filming!
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 08 Apr 2011, 08:42

Society Confidential: George Clooney, regular guy
Susan Whitall and Chuck Bennett

Marilyn's American Tavern owner Dean Adams was bursting with pride this week as he showed us everything George Clooney 's "Ides of March" crew installed in his restaurant, before shooting there. "They easily spent $10,000 on LED lights and wooden blinds for the windows and stuff like that,"Adams said. He and business partner Shed Amin were in the midst of remodeling when Clooney and about six others strolled in one day. Clooney walked through the kitchen and proclaimed, "We're going toshoothere." The "Ides of March" cast and crew shot at the Greektown eatery most of the day Tuesday, and Adams proclaimed Clooney "one of the nicest,most regular guys you could ever meet. He dug the place so much that they had their wrap party here."Some 300 cast and crew members enjoyed sliders, carved turkey and plenty of adult beverages at the wrap bash.The best part for Adams: "Whenever George Clooney sees me,he says, 'How you doing, Dean?' George Clooney wants to know how I'mdoing. Now you know that's cool."Marilyn's is open today for a Tigers Opening Day party.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 08 Apr 2011, 08:47

Movies Crews Roll Back Into The Midwest

George Clooney (in the tan hat) filming "The Ides of March" in Cincinnati a few weeks ago. Photo courtesy of Tana Weingartner.

Springtime in the Midwest means slightly less snow, hopefully more flowers, and movie crews rolling into town. We kicked off Changing Gears with several stories about the region’s efforts to attract movies to film here. Well, the movie buzz is back, although there are some questions about how long our film incentives may continue, given the poor economy.

Nonetheless, it’s finally warm enough to film in the Midwest again, and in several cities the cameras are already rolling.

Southern Ohioans from Oxford to Cincinnati were snapping cell phone pix of George Clooney and Ryan Gosling as they filmed “The Ides of March” in late February and early March. The movie looks at a mythical presidential campaign, and has an award winning cast, including Marisa Tomei, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Paul Giamatti.

There also have been plenty of Clooney and Gosling sightings in Ann Arbor and Detroit, where a building on Griswold Street is serving as the fictional candidate’s campaign headquarters. If you’re in Michigan, and hoping for a peak at the film’s stars, there is a complete list of filming locations over the nest few weeks here.

Fear not, Ohioans. George Clooney and his crew may have moved on, but “The Avengers” has announced it will be filming in Cleveland. Ohio’s tax credits have been credited with attracting the Marvel studios movie, the second one filmed in Cleveland since parts of Spider-Man III were shot on Euclid Avenue.

It looks like Michigan might not get as many celebrity sightings in the future. Governor Rick Snyder has proposed capping the amount of tax credits given to movie studios to film there. He said the state isn’t getting enough in return for the tax break, about 30 cents to the dollar. Supporters of the tax credit the big gain is in temporary jobs.

Illinois also got a bit of bad movie news recently. Chicago will not be playing the ever important role of Gotham City in the upcoming Batman film “The Dark Knight Rises.” It lost that honor to Pittsburgh.

However, Chicago still played host to the cast and crew of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which was filmed last summer and is scheduled to hit theaters July 1. The Fox show, The Chicago Code, has been shooting there and a new Starz TV show, “Boss,” starting Kelsey Grammar will also be filmed in the Windy City.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 08 Apr 2011, 21:33

Katiedot wrote:Also according to Les Frenchies George scribbled on the wall of the General Store in Augusta, KY during his last visit there. There's no link from them so I don't know where it came from originally.

Maybe facebook KY, maybe.

Have you seen this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ? cyclops
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:06

Filming in Detroit:

•The Ides of March, starring and directed by George Clooney, is filming at Grace & Wild Studio in Farmington Hills on Saturday.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 09 Apr 2011, 14:03

George Clooney Wraps Filming In Michigan

George Clooney wraps up principal filming on “The Ides of March” this week in Michigan, five weeks after production ended here. One of the final scenes will be with PBS talk host Charlie Rose. Then the race is on to finish assembling/editing the movie to get it into theaters on Oct. 14 — because George has to run off and make a movie this spring with Sandra Bullock.

My guess is that Clooney — a frequent guest on Rose’s weeknight show – asked Rose to “interview” his character in the film, presidential candidate Gov. Mike Morris. Clooney also is directing the film.

Then the Oscar-winning actor switches gears and shoots “Gravity” with Sandra Bullock, about the only two survivors of a space mission gone wrong struggling to return to Earth. According to People.com, Clooney agreed to replace Robert Downey Jr. for the film in December…. which would have been a month before he returned here to finish scouting for “The Ides of March.”

Clooney will spend the summer in Italy editing “Ides” with his team, says his father, Nick Clooney. Nick also confirms that “Ides” will be in theaters in October — not December, as had been reported earlier this year. The film must open this year to be eligible for Academy Awards presented next February.

I can’t wait to see it, since most of it is set here
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 09 Apr 2011, 14:08

It doesn' make sense that Ides will be out in October and Descendents out in December. Descendents was made way before Ides. Looking forward to Descendents more than Ides.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 09 Apr 2011, 15:32

I don't think it makes sense either Cindigirl. I've often wondered why some films are filmed, edited and to the screen in less than a year, and others are filmed and don't come out for two years or more. Maybe financing, maybe timing for awards consideration, I don't know. Kinda screwy though...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:53

Let's hope the campaign to promote the films isn't dragged out like Goats and Air did when he had a couple of films coming out within a short period of time. People were sick to death of see him on red carpets and at festivals with the arm candy for a 5 month period. And now that he is rarely doing interviews and no press conferences, it will be interesting to see which approach they take. I am betting that he will do press for Ides - it's in his financial best interest to sell the film and get people into the cinemas to see it. His company made Ides, he directed, re-wrote it and acts in it - he will have to promote it.

He might think Descendants will be a very hard sell (not a George Clooney film for the masses) so getting Ides out first before the reviews for Descendants comes out could be in their best interest. Ides is more a George film. Descendants will be a departure that may or may not work at the box office. I would assume that it will be out early Oct as on 21st Oct, Contagion comes out which is being pitched as a blockbuster. Directed by Soderbergh and starring Matt Damon - I doubt he wants to go directly up against his buddies if he has some choice in the matter and I would assume in this situation he would. His competition earlier in the month are a couple of remakes (Footloose & 3 Musketeers) and also a Jen Aniston film (won't that be a box office winner) so that would work more to his advantage to be the centre of attention.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 11 Apr 2011, 13:36

Well if Gee's going to be in Italy ALL summer, shall we book a hotel just for us ladies and have us a "G" spot!!?
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 11 Apr 2011, 19:48

fluffy wrote:Well if Gee's going to be in Italy ALL summer, shall we book a hotel just for us ladies and have us a "G" spot!!?

Very funny! tongue

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 14 Apr 2011, 03:44

cute one fluffy!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 14 Apr 2011, 15:48

I just hope he doesn't end up canceling himself out. Best Actor - Descendants; Best Supporting Actor - Ides of March; Best Director - Ides; Best Film - Ides and Descendants. George overload again? I hope not. But, IMO (for me anyway), there can NEVER be a George overload!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 14 Apr 2011, 16:01

If Gee is going to be up for all these films, is it worth booking our space at the Kodak theatre now!?? He's bound to get something, and maybe depending on performance, the best actor gong? Suggestions ladies??
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 14 Apr 2011, 22:37

melbert wrote:I just hope he doesn't end up canceling himself out. Best Actor - Descendants; Best Supporting Actor - Ides of March; Best Director - Ides; Best Film - Ides and Descendants. George overload again? I hope not. But, IMO (for me anyway), there can NEVER be a George overload!!!

Really never enough ? My braincells have cloonyitis, I need an antidote ! Vomit 1
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 15 Apr 2011, 03:21

melbert wrote:I just hope he doesn't end up canceling himself out. Best Actor - Descendants; Best Supporting Actor - Ides of March; Best Director - Ides; Best Film - Ides and Descendants. George overload again? I hope not.
That's a really good thought! Let's hope not!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 17 Apr 2011, 20:08

George Clooney And Me

What fun to watch a movie being made and especially a movie directed and starring George Clooney. The film, The Ides of March, is being filmed in part in Michigan. The crew was in a northwest suburb of Detroit in a city named Clawson where my sister lives. This scene is set on Fourteen Mile Road near Main Street. A medical facility, a street scene and a restaurant scene were all filmed here.

My sister caught this great close up. Since I had plans and was heading up to Frankenmuth for I concert and shopping, I was only there to watch the medical building scene and it was farther away. I could hear them calling Quiet, Roll 'em, and Cut, and see George's hands pointing and directing, but my sister got the photos later on the street scene. Michigan has watched a number of movies shot here in the past few years when the industry received a tax incentive. I'm afraid our new governor is stopping that so I suppose it will be "Goodbye, Michigan" from the film industry. Sad since so many new companies have opened up that are part of the film business.

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 20 Apr 2011, 04:47

Not sure if this was posted somewhere else

George Clooney is 'God's gift to women'

Business Courier - by Lucy May
Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 9:15am EST

Lucy May
Senior Staff Writer
Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dear George Clooney,

I know you are in Cincinnati this month to film your movie, "Ides of March." And let me stress, I am not a stalker. I am a happily married mother of two beautiful daughters who had an opportunity to study acting with you at Northern Kentucky University years ago and gave it all up to pursue the noble profession of newspaper reporting.

And I'm not at all bitter about any of that.

Besides, as handsome as you are, I wouldn't trade my husband and babies for anything.

So, George, it never would have worked out between us. (And not just because you seem to be drawn more to the "supermodel" type.) Don't give it another thought.

But I might be one of the very few people in the Greater Cincinnati region who feels this way. Radio stations have listeners calling in to announce your crews' locations throughout the week. Crowds gather everywhere you film to steal a glimpse.

And, in perhaps the most artful display of admiration you will ever encounter filming a movie anywhere, a marble gift manufacturer in Over-the-Rhine has created a large mural of a naked you that he has installed outside on his studio's walls facing Memorial Hall where he heard you'd be filming.

Look across the street, George.

Mark Schmidt, the owner of Studio Vertu, heard that you would be filming at Memorial Hall, less than 50 yards from his studio.

So, naturally, Schmidt decided to recreate Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel painting, "The Creation," substituting your head for Adam's.

"I call it, 'God's gift to women,'" Schmidt said in a news release.

The mural is printed on 33 eight-inch by eight-inch Bottocino marble tiles.

"Of course I hope he sees it," Schmidt said in the release. "And I think it would look great in his villa on Lake Como. He is welcome to have it, but I, of course, would have to install it."

Studio Vertu is located at 1208 Central Parkway, a half block south of Music Hall. The mural is on Grant Street on the side of the building.

playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 20 Apr 2011, 04:49

Another similar article, apparently this was in Cincinatti

playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 20 Apr 2011, 06:35

Hi PD

Yes, we have threads on this already somewhere. I think in the 'and the rest' section. Always happy to see pics of George on the thread though!

There was also a video from the guys who made this mural after George left town. They changed it to Ellen, if I remember rightly.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 22 Apr 2011, 08:36

Film commision: Clooney might be back
11:45 PM, Apr. 21, 2011

SHARONVILLE - We may see George Clooney shoot another movie in town - but not for awhile.

When he finished the first half of "The Ides of March" here last month, Clooney told the film commission's Kristen Erwin "he would make another movie in Cincinnati, but not back-to-back," Erwin told the Sharonville Chamber of Commerce Thursday.

The Oscar-winning actor who graduated from Augusta High School is directing the film and will star as a Democratic governor running for president. The movie crew shot here for four weeks in February and March and then shot for four weeks in Michigan, which offered them a 42 percent refundable tax credit on expenditures.

But that wasn't his original plan, said Erwin, executive director of the nonprofit Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Film Commission.

Although Clooney had rewritten the political drama to set it in Cincinnati - and his mother Nina Clooney is Kentucky Film Commission chair - he scouted here in November planning to shoot only three or four days, Erwin said.

Clooney and his production team "couldn't believe what (locations) we showed them," she said. Erwin also explained Ohio's 25 percent tax incentive for filmmakers, and 35 percent for using Ohio residents.

The November trip ended with Clooney deciding to make half of the $17-million film here. He told Erwin: "We'll figure out a way. We really want to be here."

When "The Ides of March" opens Oct. 14, moviegoers will see many area landmarks: Fountain Square, the Suspension Bridge, Memorial Hall, Covington's Riverside Drive, Miami University, Xavier University and Lunken Airport.

Most Detroit scenes were indoors, so the audience won't know they were shot 250 miles away, she said.

"They really worked hard to make Cincinnati look wonderful in the film," said Erwin, who has seen some footage.

Clooney's crew and co-stars - Ryan Gosling, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood and Philip Seymour Hoffman - also enjoyed Cincinnati chili and Graeter's ice cream served on the set.

"They loved everything Cincinnati," she said.

Erwin also asked Clooney to come home to premiere "The Ides of March." She said he told her it depends on his schedule, support from Sony Pictures and other factors.

"I asked him directly to do it here. We'd love to have the world premiere," she said.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 25 Apr 2011, 03:52

Sorry, Katie. When a topic is spread out in a ba-zillion different threads, I cant keep track. I havent even read the thread you mentioned yet.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 29 Apr 2011, 21:49

Alexandre Desplat To Score George Clooney’s ‘The Ides Of March’

While the next few months will find multiplexes dominated by jumbo bag buttery popcorn sized fare, Oscar season will quickly follow and one of the films expected to be a frontunner in the race is George Clooney‘s “Ides Of The March.”

The film is an adaptation of a political play by Beau Willimon co-written by Clooney and Grant Heslov. Loosely based on the 2004 Democratic primary run of Howard Dean, the Iowa-set story takes place just weeks before the state’s Democratic caucuses officially commence, following the exploits of a twenty-something presidential campaign spinmeister/wunderkind named Stephen Myers (Ryan Gosling) and the dirty pool he plays to get his candidate the nomination against a rival senator. Paul Giamatti will play that rival campaign manager, Marisa Tomei is a New York Times reporter and Evan Rachel Wood stars as an intern for Myers’ campaign. And if that heavyweight talent isn’t enough for you, a big name is coming on to score the film.

Film Music Reporter reveals that Alexandre Desplat will be providing the soundtrack to the film. The celebrated composer already has a very busy year with his work appearing in the upcoming films “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2,” the Chris Weitz indie “A Better Life” and of course, Terrence Malick‘s “The Tree Of Life.” And he’ll have to work fast as Clooney’s film is already slated for an October 14th release date and is pretty much a sure-fire bet for a TIFF premiere.

If you need some more Desplate in your life you won’t have to wait long. His “Tree Of Life” soundtrack hits stores on May 23rd and his ‘Deathly Hallows’ disc arrives on July 12th.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 04 May 2011, 12:54

Thought this was interesting. I'd like to have been able to compare the stage version with the film.

From washington post

Backstage: ‘Farragut North’ at Olney Theatre Center

Wednesday, May 4, 12:12 AM

Danny Yoerges doesn’t view Stephen Bellamy, the young press secretary he plays in “Farragut North,” as just a callow, amoral go-getter. That wouldn’t be enough of an acting challenge. Rather, Yoerges sees Bellamy as someone who needs love and approval, though everything that comes out of his mouth sounds like spin, and his actions are those of a callow, amoral go-getter.

In Beau Willimon’s 2008 political melodrama, running at Olney Theatre Center’s Mulitz-Gudelsky Theatre Lab through May 22, Bellamy works in the primary campaign of an insurgent presidential candidate who attracts idealistic young voters. Yet already by the age of 25, his idealism has curdled into Machiavellian machinations. So when the opposing campaign director tempts him to jump ship, he doesn’t jump ship, but he doesn’t tell his boss about the meeting, either. Those issues of loyalty vs. ambition taint his personal life, as well — a fiancee abandoned; an seduced intern abandoned; an underling browbeaten.

.The actor says he’s determined to find as much subtext as possible in a role that he concedes is “written with broad strokes, but also colorful strokes.” Yoerges, who grew up in Alexandria and studied at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts, says Bellamy is more impressionable than he seems and “is really a person who is desperate for the approval and love of those around him, and he does everything within his power in every aspect of his life in order to get that love. I think his real flaw is that he’s unable to see the reality of the world in which he’s trying to make his way. There are people who have their own needs and obligations, and they’re seasoned in the art of deceiving one another . . . and they kind of ruin him.”

The show’s director, Clay Hopper, an associate artistic director at Olney, saw Greek tragedy in “Farragut North” amid the profanity-laced dialogue. “It had all these commonalities with the classic form, even though it was steeped in the political vernacular,” says Hopper. He figures that’s why the film version, directed by George Clooney and due out this fall, has been retitled “The Ides of March.” Clooney’s company may also see the original title as too inside-baseball for folks around the country who don’t know that Farragut North is a Metro stop for many K Street lobbyists who, according to a speech in the play, try idealism for a while and then sell out.

Hopper says he noticed Yoerges’s attempt to give Bellamy soul at his first audition — which the actor attended on a whim while appearing in “All’s Well That Ends Well” at the Shakespeare Theatre Company. “He had one of those auditions where I learned something about the character I didn’t know,” recalls Hopper. “He managed to bring to it that youthful, almost naive effervescence. . . . He gives the character much more dimension than you would expect.”

The tragic “kicker” in the play, says Yoerges, is that Bellamy “accepts that he’s a bad person and he embraces it. . . . That’s the story of modern political warfare. You see these people with unbelievable amounts of potential, but they choose to focus their energies on these squabbles and ways to sling mud. . . . It’s such a waste.”

Horwitz is a freelance writer.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 04 May 2011, 13:18

A musical intermezzo: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 28 May 2011, 20:19

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 28 May 2011, 20:49

He seems so at ease,comfortable in front of crowds, thats just one of the many things so appealing about him. Wish he was attracted to a different type of woman, I might be convinced to marry the man!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 28 May 2011, 22:26

We like you the way you are Lucy! He likes that "other" type of woman and we don't want you going to the dark side.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 May 2011, 00:52

! think he's great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 04 Jun 2011, 19:35

Looks like the production company has more info about the film here

Thanks, Laetval for the link.

The Ides of March: Politics isn't for the weak. Something Stephen Myers (Ryan Gosling), the magnetic press secretary for presidential candidate Jim Morris (George Clooney), learns while campaigning in Ohio. Set against the spectacle of modern world power and politics, this intense tale of sex, ambition, loyalty, betrayal and revenge follows the young press spokesman as he falls prey to backroom politics, the treacherous manipulations of veteran operatives and the seduction of a young intern.

Based on the Off-Broadway play by one-time campaign staffer Beau Willimon, the screenplay has been written by Academy Award nominated writers George Clooney (who will also direct) and Grant Heslov. Starring with Clooney and Gosling is three-time Oscar nominee (and winner for My Cousin Vinny) Marisa Tomei, along with Paul Giamatti and Evan Rachel Wood. The film is a co-production with Exclusive Media, Smoke House Pictures and Appian Way Productions.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 04 Jun 2011, 20:18

Nice poster, would of liked RG face looking a little more over Georges shoulder, still in background but a full-frontal look. Does anyone know the name of Leo's production co.?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next