George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress)

+40
stuckonlife
Silje
justpassinthrough
it's me
melbert
NewFanForever
Cece42
amaretti
playfuldeb
Alisonfan
PigPen
iamnoone
Picachu
Doug Ross
silly willy
louisvillelaura
Joanna
LornaDoone
Way2Old4Dis
Jenn
LizzyNY
Missa
party animal - not!
socimar
Donnamarie
Atalante
hathaross
annemarie
RubyRedShoes
/
globalchick
Katiedot
cupcake
The next mrs clooney
Rainy
Sevens
kat19
MeganMorris
theminis
Nicky80
44 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 Empty Re: First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress)

Post by Joanna Tue 30 Sep 2014, 14:49

Thank you Nicky and Everyone for this Wonderful Thread. Such a a surprise as I thought we'd have to wait ages for these gorgeous pictures !
The Dress is Fabulous. They both look so right together.

I'm so pleased it's Oscar de la Renta as I have been wearing his perfume Oscar since around 1985 !
I wonder if Amal wore it on her wedding day too.
I know I did !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 2 Empty Re: First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress)

Post by annemarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 15:01

Amen LornaDoone

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 15:04

After giggling, I second that Annemarie and LorneDoone.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Tue 30 Sep 2014, 15:11

the dress is absolutely perfect!  she looks like every bride should... stunning. it IS the most beautiful day of a girl's life afterall.  Having George by your side... well, as we say in Kentucky... you done good girl... now, bless your heart enjoy the honeymoon then let the rest of us start pretending we were you Wink

louisvillelaura
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 30 Sep 2014, 15:13

YAY Lorna! Welcome back. Missed your common sense the last couple of days. Hello!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 30 Sep 2014, 15:17

"We have a home there. We knew that was where we wanted to get married."

Love that !!! Very Happy Love2  Now everything is from both I love you

Last edited by hathaross on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:01; edited 1 time in total
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 30 Sep 2014, 15:50

To finish off his look, Clooney wore customized cufflinks, a gift from his bride, with "George" inscribed in Arabic.
I love this part. What else has she given him? That stylish blue tight shirt? He wears that really well. And I also suspect that dark blue scarf was from Amal.
And whats an Arabic word "George" like and how to pronounce that?

Last edited by Sevens on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 15:58; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Sep 2014, 15:53

Well, when we hear that they're both in Dolce and Gabanna we know who's really doing the dressing.......thought that ever since scarf time.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:04

could you elaborate that a bit pan? Didnt join the forum at that time and not very clear about his timeline during the winter except his works on Tomorrowland and MM.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:31

Sevens wrote:Jesus...you guys can buy those magazines in your city but we dont have them on sale here so I have to buy them via the Internet.
At least I managed to buy three issues of Esquire with him on cover. They're nice...and not expensive at all.
But I read somewhere that the digital copy will have more photos.

silly willy

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:36

Oh, understand, Sevens. It was reported (whether or not correctly. Not sure) that they both wore D and G on the red carpet in Florence.

And His Nibs had scarves on during the MM red carpets.....and I always wondered who'd bought them......someone commented that they liked it - and I think he said it was Prada

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:47

I said at the time of MM premier that I though she'd
given the scarf to him because it was a chilly night.
Hope she's a "caring wife" to him.

Btw....Those who are or were bemused by
George seemingly becoming more "open" publicly,
I believe that being in love does that to a person.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:57

They did wear D&G in Florence the fashion blog confirmed this. The earrings were also D&G.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 30 Sep 2014, 17:09

LizzyNY wrote:YAY Lorna! Welcome back. Missed your common sense the last couple of days. Hello!

Was off in a drunken stupor.  brahahahaha

No seriously my business has picked up considerably and have been having meeting and working on websites and contacting folks so George and Amal's wedding had to take a back seat to all that.

It is so disappointing that they had to pick this weekend when I was my busiest to have this damn wedding!  It's the reason I couldn't attend too - like Brad and Ben Affleck - work was too important!  hahahaha

I'm still busy but popping in every once in a while.

Thanks for the comment.  

Ok gotta get back to it.  

Loving all the pictures.  Thanks to all who posted links, posted pictures, found the goodies and also thanks to Katie, Nicky, theminis who all kept up with an mountain of picture links and also to Sevens who also posts the pictures so beautifully!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 18:11

Don't you all think she bought that zip up sweater that he wore so much during the winter, during all the MM promotions and while filming Tomorrowland. He even wore it to Africa. He's wearing it in the photo with Amal in her black/white dress sitting together. He usually wears zip up sweatshirts to keep himself warm. I'm sure she got hi. The Yulia (sp?) t-shirt.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Sep 2014, 18:31

Ha! In the drawing it's got modern slim cut trousers but I guess George went for the old fashioned baggy look! Sorry you must think I'm obsessed by his trousers! I'm not, I promise, it's just than when he's wearing such outdated clothes I can't help but notice.

===============================================
I've moved the posts about where they might live to here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Sep 2014, 18:33

Thank you Katie!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 30 Sep 2014, 18:59

Joanna wrote:I said at the time of MM premier that I though she'd
given the scarf to him because it was a chilly night.
Hope she's a "caring wife" to him.

Btw....Those who are or were bemused by
George seemingly becoming more "open" publicly,
I believe that being in love does that to a person.
I think the coolest thing in their before-engagement relationship is that he managed to sneak her on the red carpet without any media attention! And I like the moment when she spotted him at the other side on the red carpet, she couldn't keep her eyes off his back!
I knew they were dating when I saw that deleted photo from Lysa on the White House bus. They were just sitting at the back seats, laughing so naturally and effortlessly. They seemed to have soul connections And most importantly, Nina and Nick at the front seats seemed not surprised at all. Finally the move that Lysa deleted all the Amal photos made me think their relationship was pretty serious and. he just didnt want to admit the relationship by some casual snaps. He didnt want to deny it either because that wouldnt respect Amal enough. So he just asked Lysa to take the photos down:"We're not ready yet. We should find a better way to introduce her to the world." Then mid March Amal got the classy People coverage introduction. Bravo George!

Last edited by Sevens on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:11; edited 3 times in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:00

I think he is most comfortable in that cut of pants. i have to admit I don't like slim super slim leg trousers on men.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:01

The Vogue article is wonderful. Thank you, Jenn!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:02

Yes they did it on their own terms and had a nice quiet courtship.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:11

I don't like the Helo cover. They seem too photoshopped.
People cover is wonderful instead, the article is so sweet.

I can't wait to see him at the GG.. "I wanna thank my wife, you make me a happy man, you make my life better. I won't never thank you enough, I love you"

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:17

Actually he just met her last year... that award has little to do with Amal. But I assume George would thank her for making his life better since their first date. Cant wait for the affectionate speech.

Last edited by Sevens on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:18; edited 2 times in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:18

Yes well if he does say that at the GGs, Doug Ross, there will be certain posters on this forum who will rip him apart for gushing about his wife at a public event. The guy can't win here sometimes. I agree. I like the People cover better. More natural. I like that they are looking at each other.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:22

Wonder which Omega watch he is wearing at the wedding. It has to be an Omega right?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:27

Didn't someone here say the boys gave him a watch as a wedding gift?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:44

Donnamarie wrote:Didn't someone here say the boys gave him a watch as a wedding gift?

They gave him a watch years ago as a birthday gift (he showed off the engraving during an interview once).  Not sure if they gave another for the wedding.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:49

Sevens, are those pics you mentioned today from the White House bus on this forum. I never saw those.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:58

she looks absolutely stunning, what a beautiful dress, i love lace, so wish i had her figure to pull off something like that and yes our George is very handsome.
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Tue 30 Sep 2014, 20:00

I actually really liked the dress.  Very classy, and looks wonderful on her.  

(side note- do I need a new monitor?  whats with the all pink hue on the forum???)

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 30 Sep 2014, 20:24

All wedding gowns are beautiful.  All brides are beautiful.  Sentimental me.
But.............. I don't see $380,000 beautiful here.  Lovely gown, but not worth the price tag.  IMO.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 30 Sep 2014, 20:29

Donnamarie wrote:Sevens, are those pics you mentioned today from the White House bus on this forum. I never saw those.

Here is the pic and the thread to it Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 30 Sep 2014, 20:39

The dress a total triumph.  If it had just been the wedding, what a wedding! 
one day, one evening.  Perfect.
BUT

The 4 day wedding, unfortunately too l-o-n-g to be "special or intimate".

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 30 Sep 2014, 21:06

Alisonfan - I don't know where you are, but here we do pretty much the sqme thing. Bachelor/bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception, brunch the next day for whoever is still around. The only difference here was the glamour factor and the media attention.

I think they both look wonderful. Love the People photo.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Tue 30 Sep 2014, 21:43

Joanna wrote:Thank you Nicky and Everyone for this Wonderful Thread. Such a a surprise as I thought we'd have to wait ages for these gorgeous pictures !
The Dress is Fabulous. They both look so right together.

I'm so pleased it's Oscar de la Renta as I have been wearing his perfume Oscar since around 1985 !
I wonder if Amal wore it on her wedding day too.
I know I did !
Yes, yes, yes! I couldn't agree more. The dress is so lovely, like her. My goodness, radiant.

silly willy

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 30 Sep 2014, 22:05

There's a great article in the NY Post Living section called "George and Amal Set a New Standard for Hollywood Weddings".  Can't post, so if someone else can ... Embarassed Embarassed
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 30 Sep 2014, 22:49

hathaross wrote:I LOVE the dress.

In my mind I pictured a dress like that, like her style, elegant and clasic.

I can´t wait to buy yhe magazines Very Happy Very Happy Hello tomorrow and People when?
If anyone buy Cogue, please tell me if it has other different photos because I have to order the magazine by internet.
I want to have everything Razz

And maybe someone is subscribed to People´s online and let us see the extra photos Smile
Where did you buy it? I'd like to buy it, too.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 22:51

It was intimate because there were 100 guests. And weddings here have at least three days of events or more if you want. They got to spend quality time with their guests instead of one day.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 30 Sep 2014, 23:34

Doug Ross wrote:

I can´t wait to buy yhe magazines Very Happy Very Happy Hello tomorrow and People when?
If anyone buy Cogue, please tell me if it has other different photos because I have to order the magazine by internet.

And maybe someone is subscribed to People´s online and let us see the extra photos Smile

It´s a web from my coutrny which sells international magazine as well the ones of the country.
Sometimes I have bought magazines from ebay too.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 30 Sep 2014, 23:37

Doug Ross wrote:I don't like the Helo cover. They seem too photoshopped.
People cover is wonderful instead, the article is so sweet.

I can't wait to see him at the GG.. "I wanna thank my wife, you make me a happy man, you make my life better. I won't never thank you enough, I love you"

They are too photoshopped on Hello. Always!! I don´t understand why, they could remove something but that is too much, the magazine always do it.

I can´t wait either to see them on awards shows, his thanks to her, George on shows talking about his new life Very Happy D

Last edited by hathaross on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 23:46; edited 1 time in total
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 30 Sep 2014, 23:39

Multiple celebrations are also the norm with destination weddings like this one. The majority of guest traveled considerable distance to attend, and so they wanted to make it worth their guests' time. You wouldn't want to fly from Kentucky to Venice for a five hour event only to get back on a plane and head home.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:05

hathaross wrote:
Doug Ross wrote:

It´s a web from my coutrny which sells international magazine as well the ones of the country.
Sometimes I have bought magazines from ebay too.
If it's an Italian web, could you please send me the link on mp?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:12

She looks less than thrilled in the pic on the front of Hello Magazine
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Oct 2014, 04:18

PigPen wrote:But.............. I don't see $380,000 beautiful here.  Lovely gown, but not worth the price tag.  IMO.
Metres and metres of hand-made lace don't come cheap even when you're buying direct from the nuns making the stuff (or am I thinking of Belgian lace?) let alone when it's couture.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 01 Oct 2014, 04:26

I think the wedding gown is gorgeous . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 01 Oct 2014, 04:29

Back in 1992 i had a floor length dress custom made in French chantilly lace, cost me 5000 aussie dollars, so not surprised at the alleged price of Amals wedding dress
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 01 Oct 2014, 04:32

So now we've at least five news outlets reporting the exclusives:
09/30 VANITY FAIR (IT) MAGAZINE WEDDING EXCLUSIVE
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vanity Fair Italy has the exclusive national marriage of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin . For this special edition of the weekly magazine Condé Nast will be on newsstands Thursday, October 2, instead of Wednesday, as usual. The magazine will contain all the original shots in fact the most beautiful ceremony and the party of the Hollywood star.
09/30 WOMAN’S DAY (AU) EXCLUSIVE WEDDING DETAILS
It was the most highly anticipated wedding of the year, and Woman’s Day was lucky enough to score an invite to George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin’s magical Italian nuptials!
Now, we’re delighted to bring our readers the ONLY photos from inside Mr and Mrs Clooney’s ceremony – in a very special edition of Woman’s Day out on Thursday.
In this souvenir issue of Woman’s Day, on sale Thursday, October 2, we share with you all the intimate and breathtaking moments from the couple’s picture-perfect day. From the guests to the Amal’s amazing dress, we’ve got all the details and EXCLUSIVE pics from the star-studded event.
George and Amal tied the knot at one of the world’s most expensive hotels, the seven-star Aman Canal Grande in Venice on Saturday, September 27.
See the full exclusive wedding album, including the first pictures of Amal’s stunning designer wedding gown, ONLY in Woman’s Day, on sale Thursday.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 01 Oct 2014, 04:36

Well i shall buy it tomorrow
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 01 Oct 2014, 04:53

theminis wrote:Well i shall buy it tomorrow
Feel free to share the scans! Very Happy
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 01 Oct 2014, 05:46

Sevens wrote:So now we've at least five news outlets reporting the exclusives:
09/30 VANITY FAIR (IT) MAGAZINE WEDDING EXCLUSIVE
Vanity Fair Italy has the exclusive national marriage of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin . For this special edition of the weekly magazine Condé Nast will be on newsstands Thursday, October 2, instead of Wednesday, as usual. The magazine will contain all the original shots in fact the most beautiful ceremony and the party of the Hollywood star.
09/30 WOMAN’S DAY (AU) EXCLUSIVE WEDDING DETAILS
It was the most highly anticipated wedding of the year, and Woman’s Day was lucky enough to score an invite to George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin’s magical Italian nuptials!
Now, we’re delighted to bring our readers the ONLY photos from inside Mr and Mrs Clooney’s ceremony – in a very special edition of Woman’s Day out on Thursday.
In this souvenir issue of Woman’s Day, on sale Thursday, October 2, we share with you all the intimate and breathtaking moments from the couple’s picture-perfect day. From the guests to the Amal’s amazing dress, we’ve got all the details and EXCLUSIVE pics from the star-studded event.
George and Amal tied the knot at one of the world’s most expensive hotels, the seven-star Aman Canal Grande in Venice on Saturday, September 27.
See the full exclusive wedding album, including the first pictures of Amal’s stunning designer wedding gown, ONLY in Woman’s Day, on sale Thursday.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next