George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale

4 posters

Go down

Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale Empty Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale

Post by Nicky80 Thu 16 Oct 2014, 20:37

Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]facebook.com/oscardelarenta

Now you too can become Mrs. Clooney. OK, not at all. But you can look exactly like Amal Clooney did on her wedding day.
Today, Oscar de la Renta revealed an Amal-inspired wedding gown as part of its bridal fall 2015 collection. It's not the exact dress (Amal's gown was custom-made, after all!), but the copycat design embodies all the elegance and grace of Amal's wedding gown. The same lacy overlay, off-the-shoulder style and romantic silhouette characterize the replica design. In fact, the only noticeably missing details are the lengthy train and cathedral veil.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Courtesy VOGUE/Annie Leibovitz

"It's the most important dress in the life of a woman," Oscar de la Renta told Vogue after working with Amal. "Any girl from any walk of life dreams of that special dress, and I try to make that dream a reality for her."
Mrs. Clooney and de la Renta collaborated on the dress design together, ultimately deciding on an effortless dress with Chantilly lace and hand-embroidered embellishments. The end result? A truly regal gown, fit for a Hollywood royalty wedding.
The 36-year-old's human rights lawyer has evolved into quite the fashion icon since announcing her engagement to George Clooney back in April. She regularly sports designer confections, with Dolce & Gabbana, Giambattista Valli Couture and Alexander McQueen all being familiar labels in her enviable wardrobe. And that crisp Stella McCartney two-piece suit and hat ensemble Amal wore to her official civil ceremony? That, people, was pure sartorial perfection.

But back to Amal's designer du choix, Oscar de la Renta. Mrs. Clooney's worn several eye-catching designs by 82-year-old de la Renta (especially this fierce little frock). And the world -enowned designer is no stranger to dressing fashion icons, even dressing Jackie Kennedy, who many claim is Amal's style doppelgänger. Two bold, beautiful, intelligent women—we see the resemblance too!

As for the designer's Amal-inspired wedding gown? We're not sure if it will spurn a full-on Kate effect, but we're guessing the luxe wedding gown won't stay on racks for long.

Price and release date are yet to be announced. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[url=javascript:void(0);][/url]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale Empty Re: Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale

Post by Silje Thu 16 Oct 2014, 21:28

I like the copy better. It's simpler and prettier. Not found of the train or they way Amal had the veil.

Now she is compared to Jackie Kennedy again, "who many claim is Amal's style doppelgänger". And of course Jackie had an off-the-shoulder wedding dress. Smile

I think it was Lainey who said Amal give her Audrey Hepburn vibes or something like that.

People quoted someone who mentioned Princesse Di.

And that it just what I have been reading in the past 24 hours.

The one person she hasn't been compared to yet I think is Grace Kelly. If I remember correctly George said in an interview that Grace was the woman he dreamed about growing up and also Audrey Hepburn.

Here is Grace Kellys wedding dress. No wonder George dreamt about here, the half figure picture of her is probably the most beautiful wedding picture ever.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale Empty Re: Amal Clooney's Oscar de la Renta Wedding Dress Is for Sale

Post by Atalante Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:55

Some marketing!  Laughing
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 17 Oct 2014, 14:22

Silje, to follow-up with what you said about George admiring Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn growing up I had mentioned this point in another thread. It is very interesting that Amal exudes the same style and elegance as the actresses he so admired. And dresses similarly too. And yet for so many years George dated women who were not even remotely similar to any of these women. I could be reading too much Into this but IMO it seems telling. Maybe it's as obvious as George was never interested in having a serious long term relationships with any of his past amours. It was all about having a good time and sex. Then Amal. A completely different woman.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down