George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal

+7
annemarie
Katiedot
playfuldeb
Carla97
Joanna
Nicky80
party animal - not!
11 posters

Go down

Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal Empty Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 May 2014, 15:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So we can eliminate these!

I think they should have looked at Balenciaga - she seems to like their stuff a lot.

(Thank you Frenchiesfans)

Dressing George Clooney's Fiancée: 
5 Ideas for the Intellectual Bride

The impossible has finally happened—George Clooney is engaged. After numerous relationships, the world’s most elusive bachelor is finally settling down with international attorney Amal Alamuddin. A brainy brunette who holds degrees from Oxford University and NYU, the newly betrothed beauty will require a bridal look fit for Hollywood royalty with a Lake Como backdrop. The bridal collections lent themselves a sense of quiet elegance that the future Mrs. Clooney would appreciate with subtle detailing, pared-back necklines, and sweeping trains. Alberta Ferretti showed a subdued strapless dress accented with a tulle cape for chilly post-ceremony dancing outside, while Carolina Herrera and Marchesa proved that a hint of skin with an off-the-shoulder dress can be elegant and sensual. Oscar de la Rentaaccented a strapless trumpet gown with a bejeweled brooch with pearl accent for a vintage feel, but we appreciate the modernity of Vera Wang’s chantilly lace take on the shirtdress that she could wear with flats on the beach.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alberta Ferretti embroidered tulle cape, $3,980, and dress, price upon request
For information: everaftermiami.com

Carolina Herrera Carmen dress, price upon request
Carolina Herrera Madison Avenue boutique, 212.249.6552

Marchesa
Marchesa chiffon off the shoulder gown with rouched bodice and corded lace detail, $4,995

Oscar de la Renta
Oscar de la Renta ivory duchess satin trumpet gown, price upon request

Vera Wang
Vera Wang ivory chantilly lace shirtwaist gown with hand-appliqué corded lace, price upon request

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 08 May 2014, 15:51; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text and pics)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal Empty Re: Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal

Post by Nicky80 Thu 08 May 2014, 15:52

I love the second dress  cheers
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal Empty Re: Wedding dress suggestions from Vogue for Amal

Post by party animal - not! Thu 08 May 2014, 16:34

Me too, Nicky

Well, I bet every designer on the planet is trying to get this gig and sending best wishes to His Nibs as a starter.........

What was it Vera Wang said to Stacy Keibler at her show in NYC.....'say Hello to George for me, won't you'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 08 May 2014, 17:04

I'll be very surprised if the "chosen dress" 
has uncovered shoulders.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 08 May 2014, 18:05

Joanna wrote:I'll be very surprised if the "chosen dress" 
has uncovered shoulders.

Or ankles or wrists..

Ok, no I don´t like any of these.

First one, too mixture of what ever, Indian, scandinavian (headthing). Maybe I just don´t like lace.

Second, this is a snow white wedding dress. I like disney movies, cartoons, but not as a wedding theme.

Third, it looks like a dying flower, everything points down. Depressing looking gown.

Fourth, Doesn´t look like a wedding gown and top of it is too small even for a model.

Fifth, horrible, goth dress but in white.  Very Happy 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 08 May 2014, 18:55

I'd rather not think of her in a dress. I'm still hoping that it doesn't happen
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 09 May 2014, 03:35

LOL, I know what you mean, Playful!

Agree with Joanna that it's unlikely to have bare shoulders (clearly none of these dresses were made for church weddings) but the final design is going to depend on where and when the wedding is.

There's a world of difference between what you wear at a garden wedding in high summer in Como and say at a formal hotel wedding in London in September. Or even on the beach at Cabo in May. For example.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 25 May 2014, 17:13

I don't think it will be too skin showing she seems to like having her arms covered.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Sun 25 May 2014, 17:52

I think Amal would like something different then the normal white dress. I mean judging from her fashion sense she probably like something out of the ordinary.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 25 May 2014, 18:16

lionheart wrote:I think Amal would like something different then the normal white dress. I mean judging from her fashion sense she probably like something out of the ordinary.

I do hope so ! 

Personally I don't like the whole "white wedding dress" syndrome that exists in UK.
It seems so out of date for 2014, especially as the bride is 
not usually an innocent virgin !

For my second wedding I wore a pretty cotton dress from Laura Ashley 
in my favourite colours, with a casual unlined cotton jacket from M&S 
in a matching plain colour, 25 years ago this year !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sun 25 May 2014, 20:09

I am waiting to see what shoes she wears. I'm hoping she sticks with her quirky style!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 26 May 2014, 01:25

Off topic, but I'm in love with your avatar Pita! Scruffy George = Yum!
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 26 May 2014, 01:39

Can't quite see Amal in a 'meringue' look somehow.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Mon 26 May 2014, 07:55

I hate the meringue look, so old fahined
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Mon 26 May 2014, 17:31

PAN, are you talking about one of those big fluffy numbers? Good heavens she would likely never be found in one of those!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down