George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress)

+40
stuckonlife
Silje
justpassinthrough
it's me
melbert
NewFanForever
Cece42
amaretti
playfuldeb
Alisonfan
PigPen
iamnoone
Picachu
Doug Ross
silly willy
louisvillelaura
Joanna
LornaDoone
Way2Old4Dis
Jenn
LizzyNY
Missa
party animal - not!
socimar
Donnamarie
Atalante
hathaross
annemarie
RubyRedShoes
/
globalchick
Katiedot
cupcake
The next mrs clooney
Rainy
Sevens
kat19
MeganMorris
theminis
Nicky80
44 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 Empty Re: First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress)

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Oct 2014, 16:28

Mm, well he probably had loads to tell Sandy Bullock on the Gravity red carpet NYC as well

I remember reading somewhere from someone legal, that the whole thing was nonstop from the minute that they met, and as a freelance barrister she could have taken time off whilst keeping an eye on things. They are definitely both high achieving workaholics who are really used to juggling their diaries anyway..

Pic somewhere of Richard Kind, Amy Sacco and John Lambros at the afterparty

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress) - Page 5 Empty Re: First wedding picture (The Dress, The Dress, The Dress)

Post by Sevens Thu 02 Oct 2014, 16:39

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
PEOPLE scans are here! thanks gc.us
Vanity Fair.it
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Oct 2014, 17:32

Amal's mom did all the talking her father isn't quoted as saying anything. I think he may be the quiet one and the mom the talker.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Oct 2014, 17:44

george-clooney us seem to have the new Omega ad in amongst everything too.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 02 Oct 2014, 17:46

Well Baria is a broadcast journalist. PAN, what's a freelance lawyer. She is with a law firm.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Oct 2014, 17:49

All barristers in the UK are self employed, Donnamarie. Yes, she's with a chambers, and that's where her office is, where her PA/Secretary and colleagues are but she's not employed by them

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 02 Oct 2014, 18:39

Thanks Sevens for the People visuals. It just looks like it was one hell of a wedding. A lot of thought and attention to detail was spent on this wedding weekend. Amal has such great style sense in clothes and I think it lends to all the arrangements for the ceremony and the parties. I am so impressed by the beauty and elegance in look but the down to earth simplicity of the actual events. Down to the guest list where only close friends and family involved. And I do believe wherever George is he brings happiness. It's contagious. I'm oozing sentimentality right now. Oh well. Can't help it.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 02 Oct 2014, 19:32

Gee, all the exclusives have ALL the same pictures.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Oct 2014, 20:59

Mel - I'm wondering how, if they gave exclusive rights to People/Hello, everyone else is claiming exclusives. Can one outlet sell the shots to all the others after they pay George for the rights? Does he get a one-time payout and then the mags get the rest of the profits? I'm very confused about how this works. scratch scratch scratch Does anyone know?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 02 Oct 2014, 21:19

annemarie wrote:Amal's mom did all the talking her father isn't quoted as saying anything. I think he may be the quiet one and the mom the talker.
No he talked about how this was a good thing considering what happened in Middle East.And he likeed it being grand but simple and intimate. And he made a toast in Sunday night dinner. Maybe you have missed the news among all the threads.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 02 Oct 2014, 21:31

Good speech.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 02 Oct 2014, 21:47

I love the words spoken by Nick Clooney....so genuine and from the heart.

Once again.....Thanks for all the lovely pictures that have been posted here and elsewhere on COH.
Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Oct 2014, 22:33

Yeah Right Thanks so much to everyone! The best overage of George's wedding is right here on COH!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 03 Oct 2014, 04:24

Read the Emotional Speech George Clooney's Dad Gave at His Wedding
Charming. Witty. Gracious.

Three words commonly used to describe George Clooney could just as easily describe his father Nick, who delivered a heartfelt speech at George's wedding to Amal Alamuddin on Saturday at the Aman Canal Grande in Venice.

One of four speakers at the ceremony, the journalist and former TV news anchor kicked things off by going over a checklist for the evening: "The loveliest, most intriguing city on the planet. CHECK. A glittering assembly of accomplished people. CHECK. A beautiful bride. CHECK. A nervous groom. CHECK."

Keep up with George Clooney in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

As the bride and groom looked on, surrounded by family and friends, including famous pals Matt Damon and John Krasinski, the elder Clooney continued, "We are deep in the age of irony. ... We cherish our guilty pleasure of skepticism."

"Then here comes George, the crown prince of irony, getting down on one basketball-battered knee and asking the savvy Amal to marry him. And if you think that's crazy, Amal said 'YES!' "

"In their tidal wave of generosity," the proud dad continued, "Amal and George present us with one more gift. Hope. No, it's more than hope. Hope is too ephemeral. ... It is belief that in this place and at this moment, love is alive and well."

• Reporting by ELIZABETH LEONARD
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 03 Oct 2014, 14:39

So is this guy soooooooooooo lucky or is George sooooooooooo generous and accesible? Just envy him Mad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Fri 03 Oct 2014, 14:55

Just popping in to say that this seemed to be a wonderful, wonderful heart pulsing-ly romantic event. Ms Alamuddin is transcendently beautiful. I smile every time I see any of these pictures.  Wishing them so much happiness!
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 03 Oct 2014, 15:09

Sevens, you mean Amal's cousin? Maybe. Hey, he even got to walk Einstein. I'm envious of that! Looking at the collage you put up I look at Nina and she looks sooooo happy. I think George got oh so lucky meeting this woman who stole his heart and in turn has made his parents so proud and happy for their son. IMO George finding someone to love besides his career is the one thing Nick and Nina wanted for George. I'm sure there were times when they thought George would never find that kind of happiness.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 04 Oct 2014, 19:19

Sorry folks, People magazine have asked us not to post their 'exclusive' pictures here. This means I've had to remove some people's posts from this thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 05 Oct 2014, 23:49

Thanks for all the pictures and information.

I have Hola magazine and I will get People. Worth to get Vanity Fair Italy?
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 19:49

sevens, I moved your post to the thread below as we had it now twice in two different threads. Thanks for the find

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5