George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'

+27
Joanna
Katiedot
Sevens
party animal - not!
Doug Ross
Missa
annemarie
Silje
bgarabedian
fluffy
Alisonfan
hathaross
LJN2606
blubelle
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
TAC
jd68
louisvillelaura
PigPen
socimar
theminis
Way2Old4Dis
The next mrs clooney
lelacorb
Philippago
LornaDoone
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'

Post by Nicky80 Tue 09 Sep 2014, 07:17

melbert wrote:Well, gee thanks Lorna!  Losing my job AND George?????  phffffff and bumtits!

Sorry to hear you lost your job. Hope you will find a new one soon. But for sure you never lose George  love1
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'

Post by jd68 Tue 09 Sep 2014, 09:49

I doubt the photographer was right in front of them when they kissed. The right lens can zoom in from any distance.  I think they looked so happy together. George seemed almost giddy to make their first public outing together. For those that don't believe, they will never believe. And that is their right. They will be saying G&A won't make it a year, then 2 years, then 3 years, etc.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:03

Thanks for the video!!!! The woman we hear is not Amal right? Must be another woman drooling for his words LOL

Look at him... so in LOVE I love you Give Flowers Love4 so CUTE.
I can´t get enough of him showing his love for her. I hope it last forever. He deserve it.
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:22

LornaDoone wrote:Why is her head on his shoulder?  Maybe because she's in love with him.  Why the kiss?  Um, maybe just spontaneous.

It would take a hell of a lot of energy to always be looking for the nearest photographer to stage photos.

Maybe that photo was taken just as his name was announced as the receipient of the humanitarian award and she leaned over to kiss him in congratulation?

Maybe she just felt like sucking his face at that moment and photographers probably being all over the place - took the picture.

George is going to marry her in Venice.  Me I would have picked a cooler mountain area but hey, to each his own.

I can't wait till they're married so that all the naysayers can start putting down bets on how long it will be before they divorce.

Any photo where Amal or George isn't smiling will be an excuse to declare THE END IS NEAR! THEY'RE NOT SMILING IN A RANDOM PICTURE SO THERE MUST BE A PROBLEM IN THE MARRIAGE.

Please folks, get over it.  George is getting married.

Despite all my talk about wearing black and drowning my sorrows, I truly want them to be happy.

So I'll wish them the best and check out what he puts out next film wise.

Other than that - there is nothing I can do - but one thing I won't do is make something out of nothing - and that means not putting discourse in the relationship when there is none.

The bottom line folks is that HE is getting married and he's NOT marrying YOU.  The YOU being those of you who truly believe you had any chance with him - if only he met you.  If only you could get to Los Angeles and meet him.  If only he came to your hometown to film.  If only, if only whatever you used as an excuse to make yourself believe you ever had a chance with him.

Lorna, I think sometimes this site is a bit like fan fiction, ppl know damn well everything you said is true, but this is just fantasy. I look forward to the wedding, loads of gossip, loads of Ohh's and Aaahs, and plenty to talk about and digest.
We will have winners and losers, re; invites, food, singers and fashion choices, who was invited, who was left out Sad.  But I don't think any one will seriously make a comment because they feel "it should have been me!"
I can't wait to chew the wedding fat and read all the other posters comments.  I went to two weddings this summer, and could not say what I really thought about either.  Fan sites are fantasy sites, with like minded ppl.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:24

btw. it should have been me (JK)

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:25

Sevens just posted the video of his speech on the Florence thread. He does say they're getting married in Venice in a couple of weeks. And that he loves her and can't wait to be her husband. *swoon* Smile
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:41

Lorna, I couldn't agree more! But I will be taking to black sooner rather than later!!! I do wish them both every happiness and hope Georgie has made the right choice, I hope that AA will look after him in sickness & wealth. old age, headaches yatta yatta!! We would in a heart beat if George wanted us, but as Lorna has already said, trying to meet George is such a bugger!!! But, time will tell, and if George is declaring such devotions now, we can only conclude that HE really means it so lets hope AA does too. I do look good in black!!! Maybe when George has become a no-body old man we can have him back??  Zzzzz
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:46

Frankly I dont have computer now with me and the video won't play on my phone even if wifi connected. So I just know it's about the event but haven't seen it myself.
Now knowing about its content I must go back to my dorm tomorrow morning ASAP and watch it on my laptop!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:55

Maybe we should post it in this thread.
George's speech video:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 09 Sep 2014, 14:57

LornaDoone wrote:Why is her head on his shoulder?  Maybe because she's in love with him.  Why the kiss?  Um, maybe just spontaneous.

It would take a hell of a lot of energy to always be looking for the nearest photographer to stage photos.

Maybe that photo was taken just as his name was announced as the receipient of the humanitarian award and she leaned over to kiss him in congratulation?

Maybe she just felt like sucking his face at that moment and photographers probably being all over the place - took the picture.

George is going to marry her in Venice.  Me I would have picked a cooler mountain area but hey, to each his own.

I can't wait till they're married so that all the naysayers can start putting down bets on how long it will be before they divorce.

Any photo where Amal or George isn't smiling will be an excuse to declare THE END IS NEAR! THEY'RE NOT SMILING IN A RANDOM PICTURE SO THERE MUST BE A PROBLEM IN THE MARRIAGE.

Despite all my talk about wearing black and drowning my sorrows, I truly want them to be happy.

Other than that - there is nothing I can do - but one thing I won't do is make something out of nothing - and that means not putting discourse in the relationship when there is none.

The bottom line folks is that HE is getting married and he's NOT marrying YOU.  The YOU being those of you who truly believe you had any chance with him - if only he met you.  If only you could get to Los Angeles and meet him.  If only he came to your hometown to film.  If only, if only whatever you used as an excuse to make yourself believe you ever had a chance with him.
Lorna, have asked before, but this confirms it... there are women out there who live in a world of real fantasy thinking she could have been the one?!  Truly scary. And sad.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 09 Sep 2014, 15:08

Thank GOD now I can watch the video...so sweet... guess that's Amal who is overwhelmed by those words says OMG emotionally.
so happy for them especially for George showing such a romantic and honest love heart!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 09 Sep 2014, 16:54

Speak for yourself, Lorna. If I had grown up in actual England instead of New England, spoke three languages instead of one, practiced law instead of taught preschool, and weighed 90 lbs instead of exponentially more than that, I could have three-quarters on a million dollars on my left hand. I WAS SO CLOSE. Smile
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 09 Sep 2014, 17:24

Okay, full moon is having it's way with my ability to reason, so I turn to my all knowing friends at COH..  Why, oh why, did George announce where and when ( Venice in a couple of weeks) then a brief honeymoon.  And Stan then confirms ( forget which news paper.daily news ,et al) it will be in Venice, but not a date. Thought he wanted privacy.  Not be catty, folks.  Just don't understand.  Any ideas or thoughts?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 09 Sep 2014, 17:35

He was dying to shout it from the rooftops, PP! Couldn't wait - he's in love and in Italy where they met........don't think there's any hidden agenda. First public appearance together, and used the opportunity to say he loves her very much, and he can't wait to be her husband

(And maybe he's sick of all the rumours and wants Stan to have a break!)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 09 Sep 2014, 17:43

Didn't mean to imply a hidden agenda.  It's just that he's always played it so close to the vest.  Giving out the place and approx date just seems out of character. Wonder if he regretted that part after he said it.  You know, a whoops moment.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 09 Sep 2014, 17:57

Sevens wrote:Maybe we should post it in this thread.
George's speech video:

That is so special and George sounds so genuine and almost shy. 
But I think that he was he was determined to say it from the platform.

What a shame about the Italian commentary over it though.

The aria is so lovely that André Boccelli is singing....from memory I believe 
it's from the opera Andre Chenier.
 That holds special memories for me from the 80's.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 09 Sep 2014, 19:34

So.......George Clooney, whom you've barely known for a year, stands on a stage in Florence where he's receiving a humanitarian award in front of a very special audience and any number of cameras, and says..............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 09 Sep 2014, 19:40

wish I could hear any of the videos, but none will open for me.  keep getting error messages.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 09 Sep 2014, 19:45

Don't worry. It happens eventually. You seem to have to wait for the ad on the right hand side to get to the centre of the screen. Bit hit and miss for Sky - maybe overload!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:23

hathaross wrote:Thanks for the video!!!! The woman we hear is not Amal right? Must be another woman drooling for his words LOL

I can´t get enough of him showing his love for her. I hope it last forever. He deserve it.

hehe yeah that was funny to hear in the background .....hihi
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 09 Sep 2014, 23:18

party animal - not! wrote:So.......George Clooney, whom you've barely known for a year, stands on a stage in Florence where he's receiving a humanitarian award in front of a very special audience and any number of cameras, and says..............

I'd imagine that to Amal he's not "George Clooney"....but the man she loves,
and miracle upon miracle, the man who loves her.

Just a thought that passed throught my mind....
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 10 Sep 2014, 00:13

Oh, of course, Jo. I was just looking at the relationship as a timeline from an imagined perspective.

And who would have thought?....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 10 Sep 2014, 04:20

Clooney gushed about his lady while giving a speech at the event, telling the crowd, "I've met my bride-to-be in Italy and I will be married in Italy soon, in a couple of weeks. In Venice of all places! In closing, I guess what I would like to say is to my bride-to-be, Amal, that I love you very much and I can't wait to be your husband."

A guest told E! News, "She seemed so touched and overwhelmed and at that moment they looked right at each other and it was as if there was no one else in the room."
The literal words from George...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 10 Sep 2014, 04:53

Missa wrote:Speak for yourself, Lorna. If I had grown up in actual England instead of New England, spoke three languages instead of one, practiced law instead of taught preschool, and weighed 90 lbs instead of exponentially more than that, I could have three-quarters on a million dollars on my left hand. I WAS SO CLOSE. Smile

brahahahahaha!  Thanks for the laugh!  pffft three quarters on the hand?  There's a lot more where that came from!!!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Wed 10 Sep 2014, 06:51

That speach is so beautiful and genuine coming from George. He has never said that to any woman and this one is very special and does not care if he is a movie star or not. The money does help indeed. he is very sweet to say how he feels and for a man who thought he would never get married again and was against it, what a change he has made. Love has done george well and he is very happy and he is complete.god bless you george, love you, bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:20

This really is a different side of George that we have never seen before.  He's usually very guarded when commenting about his partners and usually jokes when asked questions about their relationships.  It really does seem like this is the real thing for George and he wants to shout it from the rooftops.  Im sure that many will say that its purely a PR move but all I see is a man in love who is happy to have found the right one after all these years.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 10 Sep 2014, 14:22

Yes indeed TNMC......I've experienced that feeling too.
Much later on in my life when I really didn't think I'd ever find the right person. So I can understand his feelings !
I was nearly 50 so that was a good year for me.

Won't be long now for your New Name Ceremony !!!
Can we have cake ???
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 10 Sep 2014, 14:35

From CNN

[size=32]George Clooney lets wedding details slip[/size]
By Breeanna Hare, CNN
updated 2:30 PM EDT, Tue September 9, 2014
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]It looks like George Clooney's found the one. The actor has said he plans to marry British human rights attorney Amal Alamuddin in Italy this fall. Before Alamuddin, the debonair actor had an illustrious dating history -- just take a look:

• George Clooney let a few wedding details slip over the weekend
  • The actor revealed he'll marry Amal Alamuddin in Venice, Italy, in a few weeks
  • The couple became engaged in the spring

(CNN) -- George Clooney sees no reason to keep his upcoming nuptials hush-hush.
At a celebrity charity event in Tuscany, Italy over the weekend, the 53-year-old actor spilled a few details about his impending marriage to British human rights attorney Amal Alamuddin.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Clooney rejects Daily Mail apology
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Has Clooney met his match?
According to People magazine, Clooney was receiving a humanitarian award at the black-tie gala, and said during his acceptance speech, "I met my lovely bride-to-be here in Italy, whom I will be marrying, in a couple of weeks, in Venice, of all places."
The actor was of course accompanied at the soiree, called Celebrity Fight Night, by his 36-year-old fiancee. With Clooney's documented penchant for pranks, it'll be interesting to see whether he was telling the truth about his wedding plans -- or perhaps just playing a joke on any eager paparazzi.
Since the couple became engaged in the spring, they've been largely protective of their relationship. When a Daily Mail report claimed that Clooney and his future mother-in-law were at odds, Clooney blasted the publication with a first-person piece in USA Today, and then refused to accept the Daily Mail's subsequent apology.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LJN2606 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 14:57

PigPen wrote:

Lorna, have asked before, but this confirms it... there are women out there who live in a world of real fantasy thinking she could have been the one?!  Truly scary. And sad.
WOW - really can't post how you feel on this forum. I'm not living a world of fantasy. I'm happily married with a beautiful family. I'm thinking of how his Nibs has acted in the past.

LJN2606
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 10 Sep 2014, 15:04

Can't speak for everyone, just myself.  Opposing views are interesting, until they become mean or an attack. And then they become exactly that- a personal attack, either on George, Amal or another poster. My fav expression is agree to disagree.  You're entitled to speak your mind.  Others are entitled to speak theirs.  My thought is perhaps you do not want the opposing views.  In that case...........

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 10 Sep 2014, 15:06

Nicky80 wrote:
hathaross wrote:Thanks for the video!!!! The woman we hear is not Amal right? Must be another woman drooling for his words LOL

Still can't get the videos up and running, but.... you could hear a woman's voice in the backround say OMG?  How loud was she speaking if the mic picked it up?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LJN2606 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 15:11

PigPen wrote:Can't speak for everyone, just myself.  Opposing views are interesting, until they become mean or an attack. And then they become exactly that- a personal attack, either on George, Amal or another poster. My fav expression is agree to disagree.  You're entitled to speak your mind.  Others are entitled to speak theirs.  My thought is perhaps you do not want the opposing views.  In that case...........
My response didn't posted. PigPen my post was not meant to be a personal attack - just my opinion. I'm fine hearing and reading opposing views. I think it helps to keep one's mind open. I did feel you're response to Lorna's post (which was a response to my post) as a personal attack on me; hence my response.

AND I'm very happy for George and Amal. He finally looks truly happy.

LJN2606
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 10 Sep 2014, 15:19

LJN2606 wrote:
PigPen wrote:Can't speak for everyone, just myself.  Opposing views are interesting, until they become mean or an attack. And then they become exactly that- a personal attack, either on George, Amal or another poster. My fav expression is agree to disagree.  You're entitled to speak your mind.  Others are entitled to speak theirs.  My thought is perhaps you do not want the opposing views.  In that case...........
My response didn't posted. PigPen my post was not meant to be a personal attack - just my opinion. I'm fine hearing and reading opposing views. I think it helps to keep one's mind open. I did feel you're response to Lorna's post (which was a response to my post) as a personal attack on me; hence my response.

LJN2606, you said your comment didn't post.. did you repost, as I can't find it to
read.

My reply to Lorna was in general, not to you or anyone else.  Sorry if you took it personally.  My point/question is that there are women ( maybe some men) who are taking his future plans quite personally.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LJN2606 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 15:37

PigPen wrote:
LJN2606 wrote:

LJN2606, you said your comment didn't post.. did you repost, as I can't find it to
read.

My reply to Lorna was in general, not to you or anyone else.  Sorry if you took it personally.  My point/question is that there are women ( maybe some men) who are taking his future plans quite personally.
all is good Smile thanks

LJN2606
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 10 Sep 2014, 15:42

Donnamarie et al - I don't think they'll have any problems at all being together.

If you think about it, we now know he met Amal in Italy on September 26 or thereabouts - and we all thought he was filming in Vancouver!

Houses in Italy, LA and Cabo - and I suspect a flat in New York (part of the Carlyle Hotel) and I'm willing to bet that they've already bought a house near London.....they both travel the world constantly, it's normal stuff, and her offices have just added a place in The Hague, and she has visiting lecturer jobs too - one in Chapel Hill - not a million miles from the Duke hospital! Oh, and I'm sure he has a house near his folks.......he once said he prefers land to shares.

They'll be fine. It's a way of life for them. And of course you can work from anywhere now......altho carrying all those briefs may be a little tricky!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 10 Sep 2014, 16:50

PigPen wrote:
Nicky80 wrote:

Still can't get the videos up and running, but.... you could hear a woman's voice in the backround say OMG?  How loud was she speaking if the mic picked it up?
I recorded the speech part and uploaded that to a Chinese video site. Pig Pen see if you can watch this:
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 10 Sep 2014, 18:54

Joanna wrote:Yes indeed TNMC......I've experienced that feeling too.
Much later on in my life when I really didn't think I'd ever find the right person. So I can understand his feelings !

Can we have cake ???

Cake and champagne for everyone Joanna.  Maybe we should start a poll for what my new name should be, so far I'm toying with, Should've been the next mrs clooney, or third time lucky mrs clooney Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 10 Sep 2014, 20:32

Sevens wrote:
PigPen wrote:
Nicky80 wrote:

I recorded the speech part and uploaded that to a Chinese video site. Pig Pen see if you can watch this:
Many thanks Give Flowers

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 10 Sep 2014, 21:04

This just showed up.  Don't shoot the messenger, I just copy and paste.  and not well........

[size=32]Single ladies should follow Amal Alamuddin's Cloos to bagging their very own gorgeous George [/size]
·          

• Sep 10, 2014 20:42

·          

The Mirror's Siobhan McNally has examined the facts to find out just what it takes to get a reluctant Hollywood A-lister down the aisle
Getty [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Put a ring on it: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin
I’m counting down the days to the biggest union event EVER!
No, not that boring vote thingy in Scotland, I mean the impending nuptials between George Clooney and his stunning bride-to-be Amal Alamuddin.
After all, it’s not every day a civilian gets to marry into Hollywood aristocracy.
Usually, celebrities stick to their own exclusive gene pool, thereby ensuring a long line of physically blessed but mentally unstable children.
But somehow this Brit lawyer succeeded where all others failed. Not only catching herself an A-list star, but one who’d sworn off marriage after splitting from actress Talia Balsam in 1993 because he was such a “lousy husband”.
Mind you, if being a crap hubby was a deal-breaker, half the world would remain ­unmarried.
So how did the world’s hottest human rights lawyer get the world’s hottest man to put a £400,000 ring on it?
Well, after examination of the few facts, I can at last reveal what it takes to bag yourself a Clooney.

1. Grow big hair
    Having a good head of hair is possibly the single most important thing you can do, and ideally it should be the sort that grows down.

2. Get a sexy-sounding job
    No one ever bagged an A-­lister wearing a pinny. You need to do a job an actor could see himself playing in his next movie – lawyer, doctor, drugs warlord, that sort of thing.

3. Look well groomed
    Split your time equally between work and grooming activities. If you find yourself with time to go for a walk or read a book, then you probably have hairy toes.

4. Have friends in high places
    It’s said that Amal was introduced to George by a mutual friend. Review your friends list and weed out those who think Chiltern Firehouse is still staffed by Blue Watch.

5. Go to charity balls
    Fundraising events are prime celeb­-pulling spots. For the price of a ticket to save the red­-bottomed baboon, you get to look kind and caring as well as have somewhere to wear your posh frocks.

6. Get a statement handbag
    Slim, chic Amal uses her dizzying array of designer totes to great effect – mainly the bigger the bag, the thinner she looks. However, there are limits to what an accessory can do, so don’t go lugging a holdall around.

7. Decline all invitations
    Lawyer Amal is probably the first woman to refuse Clooney’s phone number. ­Considering he’s one of the few men in the world who could legitimately say: “You don’t fancy me? Are you gay?”, this was the game­ changer.

So, even if you’re gagging for it, the way to bag an A-lister is tell him, “No, I’m sorry, I can’t come to dinner, I’ve got to discuss really important things with Kofi Annan.”
How’s he to know you’re really having coffee at nan’s?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 21:17

The next mrs clooney wrote:
Joanna wrote:Yes indeed TNMC......I've experienced that feeling too.

Can we have cake ???

Cake and champagne for everyone Joanna.  Maybe we should start a poll for what my new name should be, so far I'm toying with, Should've been the next mrs clooney, or third time lucky mrs clooney Very Happy

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 10 Sep 2014, 21:36

What an hilarious article! Love it - great find, PP!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 10 Sep 2014, 21:41

Yes tnmc....a poll would be fun.....but after the excitement of the Wedding of The Year....
I'm too old for too much fun at the same time........
I like it spread out over a comfortable space of time !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:15

The Daily Star  has an article with only 1 new line.  The rest is just regurgitation about the bann, Amal's mother not approving, etc etc and blah blah blah

The Daily Star
BEIRUT: Actor George Clooney and Lebanese human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin will be married Sept. 20.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @DailyStarLeb on Twitter | DailyStarLeb on Facebook

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:52

I have too much time on my hands this afternoon!  This is from New Age

Wednesday, September 10, 2014
You are here: Home » Entertainment
[size=32]Only 60 guests to attend Clooney-Alamuddin wedding [/size]
September 11, 2014 12:03 am·0 comments
Culture Desk
Amal Alamuddin and Gerorge Clooney.
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin will invite only 60 close family and guests at their private Island wedding ceremony in Venice, reports The Times of India.
Human rights barrister’s paternal aunt, May Salman, and her children Ramzi and Makram are apparently integral to proceedings.
The 53-year-old’s best man has still not been disclosed, but newlywed Brad Pitt, Matt Damon and Cindy Crawford’s husband Rande Gerber are all rumoured to be in contention. Other guests include Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock and Jennifer Aniston.
US President Barack Obama has not been invited as he has ‘more important things to do’. The editor of American Vogue, Brit Anna Wintour, would also be going and has been expected to feature the wedding in an upcoming edition of her magazine.
The couple is then expected to host a final banquet on October 25 at Danesfield House in Medmenham near Marlow, Buckinghamshire.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 11 Sep 2014, 19:55

We have Amal saturation now.  Does that count?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 11 Sep 2014, 19:57

I like her, so no, doesn't bother me. Smile
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 21:02

Hi guys, I moved the conversation about George future movie projects to a separate thread below. Thanks.  Thumbs up!

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 11 Sep 2014, 23:21

This could go in the 'Wedding Date and Venue' thread. Or here

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 11 Sep 2014, 23:25

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin wedding: 'They are free to marry wherever'
11 SEPTEMBER 2014
With excitement mounting ahead of Hollywood's next big wedding, the bride and groom – George Clooney and his lawyer love Amal Alamuddin – are keeping specific details of their nuptials firmly under wraps.

What is certain, however, is that everything is perfectly in place for the 'nearlyweds'. George and Amal are in possession of the required legal papers, obtained from London's Chelsea Town Hall, where they posted their wedding banns – the legal notice stating their intentions to marry.

Amal Alamuddin and George Clooney

"I believe we have given the documents to George's fiancée and now they are free to go and marry wherever they want," a source at the registry office told HELLO! Online. "That is the honest truth."

It was first reported that George and Amal would be exchanging vows in the privacy of the actor's $31million Villa Oleandra on Lake Como, Italy.
That the local council has passed two by-laws to prevent strangers from getting too close to George's home seemed to corroborate the rumours.

George Clooney's Villa Oleandra on Lake Como, Italy where the star could be hosting post-wedding celebrations

According to other sources, Amal was said to have felt that the lakeside residence was "too public" for the much-anticipated wedding of the year, prompting speculation that the pair could be marrying elsewhere and using the villa to host guests for extended celebrations following the nuptials.

One recent report suggests George could be marrying Amal – who he first met in Italyin Venice, with the Monuments Men star securing a small island off the coast of the romantic canal city to ensure the utmost privacy.

There have also been claims that the couple will officially tie the knot at the Chelsea Town Hall and continue the festivities with a lavish celebration in Italy.
Although the ceremony is expected to be intimate, the guest list could very well read like the closing credits to a Hollywood blockbuster.
Those who are said to have been invited include newlyweds Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, U2 Singer Bono, Matt Damon and Ellen Barkin, who reportedly threw Amal a hen party a few weeks ago.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 11 Sep 2014, 23:51

Well my anniversary is 14 September so George had best not put a ring on it then, lol.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next