George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married?

+28
Doug Ross
annemarie
bgarabedian
Mazy
Missa
theminis
Atalante
Silje
isogotit
Butterfly
LornaDoone
LizzyNY
Way2Old4Dis
jd68
lionheart
The next mrs clooney
Nicky80
Cece42
fava
Joanna
Picachu
party animal - not!
louisvillelaura
Sevens
Alisonfan
it's me
premiere
Katiedot
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will you be less interested in George Clooney once he's a maried man?

Yes, I find it hard to be as interested in a married man

No, I'll be as much of a fan as I always was

View results

Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? Empty Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married?

Post by Katiedot Fri 08 Aug 2014, 14:22

Ok ladies, 'fess up now: once our hero is a married man, will you become less interested in him? Vote above, comment below.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? Empty Re: Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married?

Post by premiere Fri 08 Aug 2014, 14:34

I voted yes, only because I've already lost interest in him. The People spread did it for me. Don't mostly lesser celebrities get their cover on People? I've read the words vulgar and tacky on the posts today, and that's what I thought when I saw the article. To me, two intelligent, supposedly sophisticated adults don't have an engagement circus. I think they are both very needy.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? Empty Re: Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married?

Post by it's me Fri 08 Aug 2014, 14:34

actually yes

I am greed
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 08 Aug 2014, 14:46

I wrote earlier, how I felt George was shifting his fan base, from what he was to a more "celebrity driven" base.
Then I went out for lunch, this says it all. 
Right next to me was a news stand on todays Daily Express Front Page, was a picture of Amal and George, something about her secret mission.(note; not I or any other UK poster bothered to buy it, we all know the secret mission was not HUMANITARIAN, just the licence I'm guessing?)  
Friend I was having coffee with, said "I'm surprised, usually you would have jumped the wall for that"
I replied "He has become George Cloondashian"  It made it worse that meant it.
So YES, already have.

Not because he is a married man, but it turns out he wasn't from my tribe after all, just pretending.
Love can bring a lot to light.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 08 Aug 2014, 15:02

As long as he's making movies, I think most members of his fan base will not lose interest in his works. I'm super excited for his upcoming films such as Tomorrowland, Hail Caesar and Money Monster.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Fri 08 Aug 2014, 15:34

That smile the eyes and his expressions - oh how can anyone resist?!  Married or not, he is one handsome guy.  Funny as all get out .... he oozes charm, class and chrasma.  So that's a triple crown of a guy in this girls book Smile

louisvillelaura
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Aug 2014, 15:43

Alison - Rubbish headline but it had the right effect......her (necessary) trip to the town hall.........notice now taken down after required 15 days and in the shredder

And as to the question. No. Of course not.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 08 Aug 2014, 15:46

And even if the way he handled this might have pissed some of you, but I think this will lead to the quiet and happy years in the rest of his life. They were pretty low profile before the relationship went public, and when the buzz calms down and they both return to work and everyone has got used to their marriage, he will get a more "profession driven" fanbase instead of the fantasy celebrity type. I first knew him as an excellent actor and haven't followed any of his exes all those years. Glad we soon won't have to argue or fight about all those women he's dated and it's time to focus on his career. Maybe that's what he wants as recently he admits more and more that he's getting older.With a new phase in his life, he may gain some very different life experience and use it in his performance or directing or writing.
The no-longer-bachelor George Clooney could become a better filmmaker.

Last edited by Sevens on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 15:53; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 08 Aug 2014, 15:46

im still a fan, i love his films and hope he makes loads more, who he marries doesnt worry me, its not my marriage and not my problem if by chance it all goes wrong.
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 08 Aug 2014, 15:48

No I'll not lose interest in George as a married man.
In fact, I'll probably be more interested in him as a married man than a single one. And I certainly will continue to enjoy the films that he makes.
But I'm very interested to see which road he will take
in the future, professionally.
I'm delighted for him that he's found his life partner.
I'm as sure as I can be, without actually knowing George personally, that he's going into this marriage with his eyes wide open and his head and his heart committed to Amal.
I find it fascinating that they have many mutual friends and contacts away from the Hollywood scene.

IMO it's not his fault that the press write such articles as was mentioned by Alisonfan. They are only out to make money by quoting his or Amal's name in their headlines.
The wise keep away from such publications and don't give them their hard earned cash.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Aug 2014, 15:55

Yep. Plus One

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 08 Aug 2014, 16:22

Interesting question.  I think his marriage may take the blame for whatever happens in the future that may have nothing to do with that relationship.  Say he becomes "less relevant" (particularly on screen).  Folks may blame that on his marriage when it may have more to do with his own career choices, and the fact that --let's face it ladies--soon he will be closer to 60 than 50 and it's hard to keep leading man status going on his previous scale at that age.  Too many much younger movie goers will not be interested in what he does.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 08 Aug 2014, 16:27

ALREADY HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 08 Aug 2014, 16:32

Yeah that's why he has much potential to be a better director. He once said Clint Eastwood was his inspiration.
As for losing interest, it's just a normal course for every actor and I just hope he would leave more legacy in the industry. Great films and performances live on forever.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 08 Aug 2014, 16:58

If he got another Oscar, he'll no doubt be a legend in film history.Apparently he is not wasting his time so does it really matter if he loses the audience in his 60s,70s or 80s? He will be remembered forever and some great people in human history didn't even get recognition when they were alive.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 08 Aug 2014, 17:18

I will not lose interest in him when he gets married.....I agree with sevens I'm excited about the new movies coming....And yes it will be interesting to see how his future will be as a married man.... Very Happy  But I will not lose interest... Love4 

But ask me again when HE IS MARRIED.... LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 08 Aug 2014, 17:30

I won't lose interest in him as I love his films and married or not he's still damn fine to look at.  I may however have to consider changing my name  Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Fri 08 Aug 2014, 17:34

He's a legend for his dating history and his good looks.  pirat I remember the late Roger Ebert mistakenly thought GNGL was a Soderbergh's movie. And I thought then George still has a long to go to prove himself as a filmmaker.

As for the question, sadly, I have already lost interest too.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Fri 08 Aug 2014, 17:51

I don't care about his marital status, I'm a fan of his movies. I find it strange that people may stop being a fan if he marries. It seems like a very juvenile decision. He was never yours, you never had a chance - why not let him be happy?
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 08 Aug 2014, 19:08

George's romantic life has always been the least original and engaging thing about him. Until now, it's basically been a continuous-loop wet dream for 19-year-old boys, writ large. So I won't be any less of a fan when (if) he changes that.

But if he starts making different choices of material because of his marriage, or using his filmmaker stardom to defend his wife's defense of war criminals and political fraud artists, well, then I'm out. And I would presume that at that point, he'd really be done, because I'm as loyal as they come; so if I ever get over him, he's beyond saving.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 08 Aug 2014, 19:43

jd68 wrote:He was never yours, you never had a chance - why not let him be happy?
Sure, but I don't think that's the point. George Clooney is a fantasy man and some people may prefer not to fantasise over a married man.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 08 Aug 2014, 20:46

I'm with Way2Old on this. I'd like to think I'll always be a fan. I think he has the potential to make great, relevant films- both in front of and behind the camera. But if he takes up Amal's causes and tries to justify the cases she has taken on he will lose my respect for him as a person. I'll probably still see his films if they are well reviewed, but it won't be the same.

Katie - I think anyone who sees George as their fantasy man can relax. They can just fantasize Amal away and go happily on dreaming. Very Happy 

LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 08 Aug 2014, 20:53

I'll be interested cause I reckon the divorce will come quicker than the engagement!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Fri 08 Aug 2014, 21:11

I voted yes.

I loved his single status, he was like a freedom icon for me, living his own life and not conforming to other people's expectations. I found this very appealing and brave.

Now everything changed over night and I am still recovering.

I am never interested in married men. Of course, I will watch his movies but my overall interest in his life will eventually fade.  Sad
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Fri 08 Aug 2014, 21:22

Already starting to lose interest.  So I voted yes. No longer do I check latest news on the web for him. Neutral

Last edited by isogotit on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 21:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
isogotit
isogotit

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 08 Aug 2014, 21:55

Butterfly wrote:I voted yes.

I loved his single status, he was like a freedom icon for me, living his own life and not conforming to other people's expectations. I found this very appealing and brave.  Sad

Butterfly - your reason for voting "yes" is the only one that makes sense to me.

The people who say they're never interested in married men confuse me. Most movie stars are married. It is very unlikely that you will ever be involved on a personal level with any of these people. You're not going to break up their marriages. So why not be a fan? What drew you to them originally that somehow changed when they put on a wedding ring? I don't get it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 08 Aug 2014, 22:04

I voted Yes too. I loved his single status too. And he was my fantasy man.

I loved ER, watched every episode. But I have never been a big fan of his film work. He hasn't been in any of my favourite movies. 

I guess he could still be my fantasy man even if he was married. Sean Penn was my fantasy man for years ( you probably shouldn't read this Lorna). Not only is he one of the best actors in his generation but he is really hot as well. And I had no problem with him being married. I really like Robin Wright and I think she is a great actress. Another favourite of mine is  Russel Crowe, another family man, never bothered me either. I think I like to see both Sean and Russel as family men. 

But George is different, he is the Freedom Icon as Butterfly put it.I find it hard to accept him as a married man. And I can't identify myself with her. It bugs me that he choose her. Why couldn't he have chosen Sandra B  or someone that  I have more "sister" feelings for.  

And the fact they are doing this engagement and marriage in such a celebrity fashion bothers me.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 08 Aug 2014, 22:44

LizzyNY wrote:I'm with Way2Old on this. I'd like to think I'll always be a fan. I think he has the potential to make great, relevant films- both in front of and behind the camera. But if he takes up Amal's causes and tries to justify the cases she has taken on he will lose my respect for him as a person. I'll probably still see his films if they are well reviewed, but it won't be the same.

Katie - I think anyone who sees George as their fantasy man can relax. They can just fantasize Amal away and go happily on dreaming. Very Happy 

I have been wondering lately if she will take some of the burden off of George.  I think he said he spends hours a day on his humanitarian efforts.  Maybe if she takes over some of those tasks it will free up more time to make movies!

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 08 Aug 2014, 23:38

Silje wrote:I voted Yes too. I loved his single status too. And he was my fantasy man.

I loved ER, watched every episode. But I have never been a big fan of his film work. He hasn't been in any of my favourite movies. 

I guess he could still be my fantasy man even if he was married. Sean Penn was my fantasy man for years ( you probably shouldn't read this Lorna). Not only is he one of the best actors in his generation but he is really hot as well. And I had no problem with him being married. I really like Robin Wright and I think she is a great actress. Another favourite of mine is  Russel Crowe, another family man, never bothered me either. I think I like to see both Sean and Russel as family men. 

But George is different, he is the Freedom Icon as Butterfly put it.I find it hard to accept him as a married man. And I can't identify myself with her. It bugs me that he choose her. Why couldn't he have chosen Sandra B  or someone that  I have more "sister" feelings for.  

And the fact they are doing this engagement and marriage in such a celebrity fashion bothers me.

And you might not want to read my response so I've covered it just in case you'd rather skip it.  :-)

Spoiler:
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 08 Aug 2014, 23:44

I certainly wouldn't put her in the same category as humanitarian, she's to busy representing war criminals and other scum.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 08 Aug 2014, 23:55

Cool Well said Cece42, ..., that marriage won't last because of that.
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 09 Aug 2014, 00:11

Atalante wrote:Cool Well said Cece42, ..., that marriage won't last beca
I don't know Atalante, he must know who she represents and is still marrying her, I hope he doesn't make excuses for her,that would make some people really go against him.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 09 Aug 2014, 00:13

I wont lose interest in him, but neither will his print go back on my bedroom wall.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 09 Aug 2014, 00:24

I started losing interest in George during the Stacy era. In fact, I only just saw Gravity last weekend on cable, and I saw Batman and Robin in the theater twice! He makes some odd decisions about his public relations, and I find him increasingly sanctimonious as he ages (one reason I am dreading Money Monster - the lecture tour by the son of a newsman on the state of journalism that will replace the press junket).  But I don't blame his relationships for any of this.  It's all George.  Maybe we're just getting to know him better because of the nature of media now as compared to when he first started.  And today's news that he might put his wedding in Vogue - we've reached full-Kardashian at this point.  

Now, Benedict Cumberbatch on the other hand.... Smile
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 09 Aug 2014, 00:35

I wasn't following Sean when he was married to Madonna. But  he certainly was a very angry young man who was drinking to much and being jealous and sexist.But I think Madonna also provoked him so this was a really crazy marriage to begin with.

I don't condone men beating their women but I think Sean might have changed a bit since then and is drinking less. I hope at least. 

But he has a big ego and he is a control-freak and he sees women as sex objects.He is very charming but also a Neanderthal.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 09 Aug 2014, 00:45

As the answer to the question in the thread title seems be moving to "Yes", what will happen to this forum
in the future ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 09 Aug 2014, 00:50

Re: Sean Penn, I think he's a misogynistic jerk too, but Charlize? She looks like she'd cut a b***h without a second thought, pardon my French.  Sean tries that nonsense on her and he might find himself short an appendage or two.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 09 Aug 2014, 00:55

Joanna wrote:As the answer to the question in the thread title seems be moving to "Yes", what will happen to this forum
in the future ?
Absolutely nothing. As long as there's someone who wants to talk about George Clooney then the forum's here for them.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 09 Aug 2014, 01:00

Joanna. I hope the Forum keeps going. I haven't lost interest in this place or in George either. He just pisses me of right now.

Missa. She did play Aileen Wournos convincingly. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 09 Aug 2014, 01:11

I hope the forum keeps going, too. I'd miss the posters here more than I'd miss George news. He'll always be in the media so I can read about him in the papers or see him on tv and in the movies., but our COH friends are irreplaceable. Give Flowers 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 09 Aug 2014, 02:18

Missa wrote:I started losing interest in George during the Stacy era. In fact, I only just saw Gravity last weekend on cable, and I saw Batman and Robin in the theater twice! He makes some odd decisions about his public relations, and I find him increasingly sanctimonious as he ages (one reason I am dreading Money Monster - the lecture tour by the son of a newsman on the state of journalism that will replace the press junket).  But I don't blame his relationships for any of this.  It's all George.  Maybe we're just getting to know him better because of the nature of media now as compared to when he first started.  And today's news that he might put his wedding in Vogue - we've reached full-Kardashian at this point.  

Now, Benedict Cumberbatch on the other hand.... Smile
I have bad impression of Benedict Cumberbatch. He was doing some work relating supporting some Tibetan terrorists who want to divide our country. And if George is hanging around with Dalai Lama and supports his causes... I will lose my interest too. Dalai Lama is actually a criminal and I know George met him once but that was arranged by others and he was just there to accept an award. Hope he won't disappoint me.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 09 Aug 2014, 03:11

LizzyNY wrote:I hope the forum keeps going, too. I'd miss the posters here more than I'd miss George news. He'll always be in the media so I can read about him in the papers or see him on tv and in the movies., but our COH friends are irreplaceable. Give Flowers 

Losing some of these LOL posts would be the worst result of everyone loses interest in George.  Maybe we can start a section for former fans to keep up with one another?Wink

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 09 Aug 2014, 07:13

LornaDoone wrote:
Silje wrote:I voted Yes too. I loved his single status too. And he was my fantasy man.

And you might not want to read my response so I've covered it just in case you'd rather skip it.  :-)

Spoiler:
I CANNOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE IN YOUR SPOILER. AS ONE WHO SO WELL KNOWS, TWICE.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 09 Aug 2014, 07:18

LizzyNY wrote:I hope the forum keeps going, too. I'd miss the posters here more than I'd miss George news. He'll always be in the media so I can read about him in the papers or see him on tv and in the movies., but our COH friends are irreplaceable. Give Flowers 
This is partly true Lizzy, so don't see as much in regular news papers and they are going out. Thought I would have to give up my George, but I cannot. Now I have to add Amal to my prayers also, what affect one affects both.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Sat 09 Aug 2014, 08:13

I will always love george, he is a beautiful man inside and out. Yes, in a way now that he will be getting hitched, the interest has died down. He is no longer a free spirt and will tamed by his wife to be. I love his as a person, he  a very special person put on earth. but married takes away from it all. I really do not like whom he is marrying but it does not matter what I like only what george wants. I will still see his movies and know he still is a beautiufl person, but marriage takes something away from me. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 09 Aug 2014, 10:59

LizzyNY wrote:
Butterfly wrote:I voted yes.

I loved his single status, he was like a freedom icon for me, living his own life and not conforming to other people's expectations. I found this very appealing and brave.   Sad

Butterfly - your reason for voting "yes" is the only one that makes sense to me.

The people who say they're never interested in married men confuse me. Most movie stars are married. It is very unlikely that you will ever be involved on a personal level with any of these people. You're not going to break up their marriages. So why not be a fan? What drew you to them originally that somehow changed when they put on a wedding ring? I don't get it.

I don't know Lizzy...I guess human feelings cannot always be explained objectively. But, you have raised a good question - what drew me to him originally? Idea  His charm and beauty.  I love you
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 09 Aug 2014, 11:14

No, I will always be interested in George now I will be interested in his new life with Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 09 Aug 2014, 11:22

Katie, I think there should have been a third box.

Has the "New Changed George" made you loose interest.

I would have had no problem with 2012/13 George getting married, at that time it would have been Stacy.  Married is not the issue for me.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 09 Aug 2014, 12:46

I think for many of us the problem is not the marriage, it's the woman he chose.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 09 Aug 2014, 13:54

Yes, but the fun thing is that we are judging her but we don't even know who she is. We are accussing her of loving the fame and all the attention but how much we know about her to tell something like that? 

For me the problem is the marriage, he could have married someone else and we would have disagreed with his choice, because many of us don't like the fact that is going to get married.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next