George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'

+27
Joanna
Katiedot
Sevens
party animal - not!
Doug Ross
Missa
annemarie
Silje
bgarabedian
fluffy
Alisonfan
hathaross
LJN2606
blubelle
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
TAC
jd68
louisvillelaura
PigPen
socimar
theminis
Way2Old4Dis
The next mrs clooney
lelacorb
Philippago
LornaDoone
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  Empty George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Sep 2014, 01:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 08 Sep 2014, 06:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit title: deleted "Gossip Cop confirms" and replaced it with George Clooney)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  Empty Re: George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'

Post by melbert Mon 08 Sep 2014, 01:51

George Clooney: I’m Marrying Amal Alamuddin In Venice!

Truth rating: 10
Amal Alamuddin George Clooney
By Daniel Gates | 6:50 pm, September 7th, 2014

George Clooney will marry Amal Alamuddin in Venice, the actor revealed on Sunday.
The couple attended the Celebrity Fight Night charity event in Florence, Italy, where Clooney received a humanitarian award and let slip some wedding details during his acceptance speech.
He’s quoted as telling the crowd, “I met my lovely bride-to-be here in Italy, whom I will be marrying, in a couple of weeks, in Venice, of all places.”
No official wedding date has been confirmed.
Celebrity Fight Night is a star-studded affair held in support of the Andrea Bocelli Foundation and the Muhammed Ali Parkinson Center.
Alamuddin wore a strapless Dolce & Gabanna dress to the event.
She and Clooney announced their engagement in April.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'  Empty Re: George Clooney: 'I'm getting married in Venice'

Post by LornaDoone Mon 08 Sep 2014, 03:03

Ah Venice all those lovely canals, all that stinky air.  Been there, gagged there, done that.

LAST place I'd want to get married.  But hey, to each his own.  He lives in a beautiful mountain city but decides to pick the canal place.

I literally could not eat when I was there due to the stench of the canals.  Maybe they've cleaned them up?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 06:20

Ok so the papas will be all over the place. He makes it easy...Can't wait for sneaky pictures hehehe  alien
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippago Mon 08 Sep 2014, 10:45

"I'm an honorary citizen of your country for a dozen years, I have enjoyed every moment spent here and I can confirm that in a couple of weeks I'm getting married in Italy, precisely in Venice." Clooney was sitting at the table of honor with his girlfriend Amal, Andrea Bocelli, as well as the wife of the President of the Council, Agnes Renzi ...
for us, you can get married wherever you want, but why not to your country ??!!!

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 08 Sep 2014, 13:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nicky80: deleted pictures as they had getty watermarks in the pictures. Due to copyright can't post it.)
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippago Mon 08 Sep 2014, 10:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 08 Sep 2014, 10:59

Nicky80 wrote:Ok so the papas will be all over the place. He makes it easy...Can't wait for sneaky pictures hehehe  alien
Nicky not be as' hopeful to see the wedding photos! Venice is not only e'costruita on 100 islands connected by bridges (just close the access bridge and no paps will 'take pictures) but getting married in Venice does not always mean getting married in the city' but often it means to get married in the numerous islands
surrounding the lagoon which can be rented for weddings where the e'vietato access to those who do not e'invitato. In Venice there are daily lavish weddings of billionaires often foreigners and no one sees anything. I am convinced that we will see the photos to us but only and exclusively perche'George want to show them to us! I do not think most 'the man who defended his privacy but it seems to me become the man that showcases private life (just my feeling!)
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 08 Sep 2014, 11:56

George and Amal seem to want to stop the craziness why not tell everything is in place. Either security will be so tight we won't see anything, or they will travel to and from the wedding and we will get pictures while the main events are kept private.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:05

Here is my thought: why not get some official PR photos at the wedding just like what Brad&Angelina did! Come on, we wont be satisfied with paps photos of them getting onboard/off the boat...that would be boring and nothing different from the ordinary paps shots.
What we need is their wedding dressed photos of kissing/hugging/walking the aisle...to mark the BIG DAY.

Last edited by Sevens on Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:07; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:07

If he even confermed that she's dressing Oscar De la renta at the wedding, he confermed all the rumors about the wedding, just to take fan of journalists and paps, I think. It' one of his joke, like the fake marriage of Brad and Angie on lake Como.
Or he confermd the rumors because he thinks that the paps will never find them. And we know how good is He in disappearing.
He's not so stupid to reveal every details about the marriage.

Last edited by Doug Ross on Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:21; edited 2 times in total

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:10

or maybe he is lying to throw the media off.  Have them all start camping out in Venice so they won't disturb the actual event somewhere else.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:14

LornaDoone wrote:Ah Venice all those lovely canals, all that stinky air.  Been there, gagged there, done that.

LAST place I'd want to get married.  But hey, to each his own.  He lives in a beautiful mountain city but decides to pick the canal place.

I literally could not eat when I was there due to the stench of the canals.  Maybe they've cleaned them up?

That's how I feel about New Orleans. Never figured out why a city with open canals was ever considered a good idea

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:19

The next mrs clooney wrote:or maybe he is lying to throw the media off.  Have them all start camping out in Venice so they won't disturb the actual event somewhere else.
 Exactly.
Or he never said anything about marriage and venice at the ceremony.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:48

Great photos Phillipago, thank you

Have always wanted to see Venice, not so sure after Lornas description.

Lelacorb, so are you saying that with Venice being so spread out it would easy to have the wedding without press being aware?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:58

Why does he have to lie in his speech? In front of so many prestigious celebrities? He could have said nothing about the wedding or slipped it to the red carpet media, but he refused to do the interview.
IMO using the acceptance speech in a prestigious charity event as part of your private life rumor games with the media couldn't show enough respect for this award and the charity organization.
Therefore I believe George is telling the truth, as he is happy to share the news with the world and set the record straight in a way. They could rent an island in Venice and only the exclusive media will get the access.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Mon 08 Sep 2014, 13:03

LornaDoone wrote:Ah Venice all those lovely canals, all that stinky air.  Been there, gagged there, done that.

LornaDoone,

I think Venice is the most beautiful place in the world.  I used to live close by and it's true that in the summer with million of tourists that leave trash behind it can look dirty but I am sure they have cleaned up for the wedding.  The canals are not in a gated lagoon, there are three openings to the open sea (Lido, Malamocco and Chioggia) which during high water they have to close their floodgates:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have traveled the world and could not think of a better place to be married.  Good for George and Amal who have picked this most beautiful and historical site:

socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Mon 08 Sep 2014, 13:09

This is the Danieli Hotel in Venice.  Do you think the wedding party will be there?  Its interiors are just magnificent:
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 08 Sep 2014, 13:18

Thanks Socimar, opulent would be an understatement...I still wonder if the wedding will be held at Como, he loves it there so why not? Though considering he has mentioned Venice I've been googling lots of beautiful locations which are plentiful.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 08 Sep 2014, 13:20

I'm guessing one of the islands.....
Far From the Madding Crowd...for Amal & George.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 08 Sep 2014, 14:06

Sevens wrote:Why does he have to lie in his speech? In front of so many prestigious celebrities? He could have said nothing about the wedding or slipped it to the red carpet media, but he refused to do the interview.
IMO using the acceptance speech in a prestigious charity event as part of your private life rumor games with the media couldn't show enough respect for this award and the charity organization.
Therefore I believe George is telling the truth, as he is happy to share the news with the world and set the record straight in a way. They could rent an island in Venice and only the exclusive media will get the access.

I believe that he said that he will marry in Italy in a couple of weeks. 
But I don't think that he's revealed so many details, like the dress, and the honeymoon and the right place.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Sep 2014, 14:18

I am perfectly sure it's all completely sorted and secure by now where ever it is.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 08 Sep 2014, 15:59

That place is way too gilded and Old Europe for my taste. But, hey, maybe so are George and Amal.

I would hope they'd go more subdued.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 08 Sep 2014, 16:18

Way2Old4Dis wrote:That place is way too gilded and Old Europe for my taste. But, hey, maybe so are George and Amal.

I would hope they'd go more subdued.
After giving her a 7 carat rock.. you were expecting a reception at McDonald's. LOL

All of it is over the top, if in fact this is the route to be taken.  Stay tuned, it's only going to get more so.  Rolling Eyes

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 08 Sep 2014, 16:21

theminis wrote:Great photos Phillipago, thank you

Have always wanted to see Venice, not so sure after Lornas description.

Lelacorb, so are you saying that with Venice being so spread out it would easy to have the wedding without press being aware?
you Therminis, the palaces of Venice can be isolated by closing access to the bridges, the gardens are internal to the buildings and then hidden if George does not want to, we will not have wedding photos. A word of advice, if you have the chance to 'go to Venice, possibly in September or November and you will realize by itself that there is no other city' in the world cosi'bella and charming, avoid the months of July and August 'cause you trouble walking between the narrow streets. The smell I've never heard and a town 'that I've attended a lot, but' I smelled musty to Venice in Las Vegas!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Mon 08 Sep 2014, 16:32

is anyone still holding out hope that he's not getting married?  that is it just a mean joke to all the wanna-be Mrs. Clooney's?  oh the insanity Wink

louisvillelaura
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 08 Sep 2014, 16:45

louisvillelaura wrote:is anyone still holding out hope that he's not getting married?  that is it just a mean joke to all the wanna-be Mrs. Clooney's?  oh the insanity Wink

Not a chance louisvillelaura....not a chance.

Never mind, cheer up and enjoy his happiness.  flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 08 Sep 2014, 17:06

louisvillelaura wrote:is anyone still holding out hope that he's not getting married?  that is it just a mean joke to all the wanna-be Mrs. Clooney's?  oh the insanity Wink
louisvillelaura, you mean there is someone among us that actually believed she would be his real life wife? that's scary.   As for getting married, hell yeah he is.  i just think there is something amiss about the couple.  Just my opinion.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 17:34

I believe that he said that he will marry in Italy in a couple of weeks. 
But I don't think that he's revealed so many details, like the dress, and the honeymoon and the right place.

I'm with you. I think he was said he's getting married soon but never the details. The red flag is the quote that he was getting married in a couple weeks was reported - only later did all these other details come out. Why get married and only have a 3-day honeymoon? While they have spent most of the summer together it just seems odd. But we will never be privy to the reasons why they do the things they do. May their wedding day be just as they wish.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TAC Mon 08 Sep 2014, 17:39

September 21st is international day of peace, on a sunday!

Just thought it might be a little symbolic also.

Last edited by TAC on Mon 08 Sep 2014, 17:57; edited 1 time in total

TAC
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 08 Sep 2014, 17:52

Was reading Hello Mag online. They said that what George said has caused some confusion about where he's getting married. "I met my lovely bride-to-be here in Italy, whom I will be marrying in a couple of weeks, in Venice of all places." He was referring to Venice as where he Amal, not marrying her. They still think he's getting married in Como. Not that I believe anything Hello writes but it you read the quote correctly it does refer to where he met Amal.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 08 Sep 2014, 18:00

It could make sense, Donna.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 19:12

I think you may be right Donnamarie. It doesn't make sense that he would give out the location.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 08 Sep 2014, 19:15

PigPen wrote:
louisvillelaura, you mean there is someone among us that actually believed she would be his real life wife? that's scary.   As for getting married, hell yeah he is.  i just think there is something amiss about the couple.  Just my opinion.
Just re-read my post, and I did not express my thought clearly.  My question is, is there a poster at COH who thinks/thought she would be the bride. Not questioning Amal.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 08 Sep 2014, 19:16

And did he really call her "lovely,"  or is that a translated version of what he actually said?  That's kind of an awkward choice of words for a fiancee, IMO.

Is this a sudden diversion from the previous party line, or the first time he's clearing it up in person? Like, was the September first meeting story from his friends or team, or just from the mags?

Maybe he's tired of hearing that he's rushing into things, because he's known her for more than a year.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 08 Sep 2014, 19:22

PigPen, you're saying that he is gay? lol!

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 08 Sep 2014, 19:23

Huh????? Where did you read that in my comment?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 08 Sep 2014, 20:32

Why are people so concerned about the length of time they have been together. His parents were engaged only what weeks  after meeting and they are still together. You don't have to spend years together to have a solid and long marriage. I am proof of that married nine months after we met and have been married 30 years. I know it sounds crazy but sometimes you just know when the person is the right one.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 08 Sep 2014, 21:40

Not so odd, really. You said yourself they have spent most of the summer together, so maybe they see it as a pre-wedding honeymoon. Then 3 days to relax after the wedding and back to work - for him, anyway. He's got a lot of projects coming up.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 08 Sep 2014, 22:59

PigPen wrote:Huh????? Where did you read that in my comment?
I don't know.. The way you wrote "she", in your past comment, make me think that you thought he would have married a man someday. 
But I misunderstood, sorry Give Flowers

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 08 Sep 2014, 23:14

jd68 wrote:

Why get married and only have a 3-day honeymoon? While they have spent most of the summer together it just seems odd. But we will never be privy to the reasons why they do the things they do. May their wedding day be just as they wish.
 My earlier post was a reply to jd68 - don't know why her quote didn't show up - so hope now it makes sense (pre-wedding honeymoon, 3 day rest after wedding, back to work.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 09 Sep 2014, 00:08

Donnamarie wrote:Was reading Hello Mag online.  They said that what George said has caused some confusion about where he's getting married.  "I met my lovely bride-to-be here in Italy, whom I will be marrying in a couple of weeks, in Venice of all places."  He was referring to Venice as where he Amal, not marrying her.  They still think he's getting married in Como.  Not that I believe anything Hello writes but it you read the quote correctly it does refer to where he met Amal.

That makes so much more sense!  Translating English to Italian to English, they probably lost a few commas along the way, changing the whole meaning.  I really couldn't understand him giving out specifics like that unprompted.  And now that everyone is running with it, why bother correcting it?  The paps will be camped out in Venice and they'll be enjoying a quiet ceremony with their family...elsewhere.  Smile
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 09 Sep 2014, 00:17

Bad translation good for them though  lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 09 Sep 2014, 00:45

I think they look great together.  Just wish I had her work schedule. Her resume is very high profile and yet she has more free time than most folks.  Lucky girl!
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 09 Sep 2014, 00:59

I think it just seems like she has a bunch of free time, because we only ever see her in Italy. Thinking back on the summer, I can probably count on one hand the number different times we've seen her/them out , and often it was multiple photos over the same weekend. There were entire weeks where we didn't see either of them. She could very easily have been working like mad during those times.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 09 Sep 2014, 01:31

Totally agree, and let's not forget she's self employed so she has total control, but has to be there to see her clients at any time - never mind books and articles. Remember that recent article? 

She's off to Greece this week too, isn't she?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LJN2606 Tue 09 Sep 2014, 02:10

I'm still holding out hope Very Happy .

Did everyone check out the pics from the charity event? Why is her head on his shoulder? Why the kiss as the photographer is there? A bit staged IMO

LJN2606
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 09 Sep 2014, 03:06

Come on, LJN2606. Really?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 09 Sep 2014, 03:33

Why is her head on his shoulder?  Maybe because she's in love with him.  Why the kiss?  Um, maybe just spontaneous.

It would take a hell of a lot of energy to always be looking for the nearest photographer to stage photos.

Maybe that photo was taken just as his name was announced as the receipient of the humanitarian award and she leaned over to kiss him in congratulation?

Maybe she just felt like sucking his face at that moment and photographers probably being all over the place - took the picture.

George is going to marry her in Venice.  Me I would have picked a cooler mountain area but hey, to each his own.

I can't wait till they're married so that all the naysayers can start putting down bets on how long it will be before they divorce.

Any photo where Amal or George isn't smiling will be an excuse to declare THE END IS NEAR! THEY'RE NOT SMILING IN A RANDOM PICTURE SO THERE MUST BE A PROBLEM IN THE MARRIAGE.

Please folks, get over it.  George is getting married.

Despite all my talk about wearing black and drowning my sorrows, I truly want them to be happy.

So I'll wish them the best and check out what he puts out next film wise.

Other than that - there is nothing I can do - but one thing I won't do is make something out of nothing - and that means not putting discourse in the relationship when there is none.

The bottom line folks is that HE is getting married and he's NOT marrying YOU.  The YOU being those of you who truly believe you had any chance with him - if only he met you.  If only you could get to Los Angeles and meet him.  If only he came to your hometown to film.  If only, if only whatever you used as an excuse to make yourself believe you ever had a chance with him.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 09 Sep 2014, 03:44

Well, gee thanks Lorna!  Losing my job AND George?????  phffffff and bumtits!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 09 Sep 2014, 03:49

melbert wrote:Well, gee thanks Lorna!  Losing my job AND George?????  phffffff and bumtits!

I'm trying to picture bumtits but I get the feeling I don't want to know.  :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next