George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Poking fun at Amals shoe wear
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Sep 2024, 19:34 by benex

» Aston Martin Vanquish, una presentazione da grande cinema
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Sep 2024, 18:29 by benex

» People Mag: 13 photos of George and Brad over the years
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Sep 2024, 11:11 by annemariew

» George and Amal Clooney Light Up Wolfs Premiere Carpet in Chic Date Night Looks
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 EmptyWed 04 Sep 2024, 17:20 by benex

» Venezia Red Carpet Wolfs Streaming
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Sep 2024, 20:18 by benex

» Brad & George double date in Venice 2024 (People mag)
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Sep 2024, 20:43 by annemariew

» Amal Clooney arrive à la soirée Cartier
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Sep 2024, 19:48 by benex

» George and Brad's Wolfs salary
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Sep 2024, 17:19 by annemariew

» George arrive in Venice
Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 EmptySat 31 Aug 2024, 19:04 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married?

+28
Doug Ross
annemarie
bgarabedian
Mazy
Missa
theminis
Atalante
Silje
isogotit
Butterfly
LornaDoone
LizzyNY
Way2Old4Dis
jd68
lionheart
The next mrs clooney
Nicky80
Cece42
fava
Joanna
Picachu
party animal - not!
louisvillelaura
Sevens
Alisonfan
it's me
premiere
Katiedot
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will you be less interested in George Clooney once he's a maried man?

Yes, I find it hard to be as interested in a married man

No, I'll be as much of a fan as I always was

View results

Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married?

Post by Silje Sat 09 Aug 2014, 14:10

It's a bit of both for me Lizzy. I would prefer him to be The Last Bachelor Standing but ( sigh ) if he is going to be married I prefer it to be to a woman I like.

I never felt a kinship with any of his women. The first wife and Lisa Snowdon is probably the closest. Celine Balitran seemed cute. I prefer watching photos of him and LaCanalis.Not because I feel a kinship with her but because they look good together.  I like the photo of them in the black suits (Angie and Brad did a similar photo but I prefer the photo of G and E.) I also like the photos were she is wearing that long green/turqouise dress.

I don't feel a kinship with number 2....
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will you lose interest in George Clooney once he's married?

Post by PigPen Sat 09 Aug 2014, 14:57

LizzyNY wrote:I think for many of us the problem is not the marriage, it's the woman he chose.
 Yeah Right   Thank you !!  That says it all.  Is it that George is getting married, period, or who he has decided to take as his partner for life.

I don't care that she likes the attention, fame et al.  Hell, he needs a wife like that. Someone who will not freak out if he walks off at a party for 1/2 hr to discuss business, and leaves her to fend for herself.  Who is able to carry herself well.  She's all that and a bag of chips.  It's her career/clients that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Yes, he knows who her clients are, is marrying her anyway, blah blah blah. 

I just can't embrace, mentally the future Mrs.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 09 Aug 2014, 15:25

Playing devil's advocate here...

It seems to me that both of them are marrying a person who comes with several damn good ready-made excuses for why the union didn't last.

Yes, I am the devil.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 09 Aug 2014, 15:57

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Playing devil's advocate here...

It seems to me that both of them are marrying a person who comes with several damn good ready-made excuses for why the union didn't last.

Yes, I am the devil.
Or one of the few sane voices posting! Thumbs up!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 09 Aug 2014, 17:41

Nope. Far from it. I'm being a shit because every work and personal plan I had lined up for today has been shot to hell. Plus my carpal tunnel syndrome is acting up. Petty is as petty does.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 09 Aug 2014, 19:01

Way2Old - But "petty" is sometimes right! Sorry your day is going so badly, but the point you made is still valid - they each have an out if it doesn't work.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 09 Aug 2014, 19:16

LizzyNY wrote:I think for many of us the problem is not the marriage, it's the woman he chose.
I would have had more of a problem if he had decided to marry Stacy.  I'm glad he went for someone different than the usual wannabe actresses.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 09 Aug 2014, 19:33

The next mrs clooney wrote:
I would have had more of a problem if he had decided to marry Stacy.  I'm glad he went for someone different than the usual wannabe actresses.

I think he would have had more of a problem if he had decided to marry Stacy. Very Happy Miss Health and Fitness would have driven him crazy. But I do think we would have found someone from that part of his world easier to accept than Amal. She's just too different - or at least she seems to be. IMO, the closer they get to the wedding, the more she's looking like all the other gfs. She'll probably fit right in with the other Hollywood wives.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 10 Aug 2014, 10:21

LizzyNY wrote:

I think he would have had more of a problem if he had decided to marry Stacy. Very Happy Miss Health and Fitness would have driven him crazy. But I do think we would have found someone from that part of his world easier to accept than Amal. She's just too different - or at least she seems to be. IMO, the closer they get to the wedding, the more she's looking like all the other gfs. She'll probably fit right in with the other Hollywood wives.
She was raised in England so not sure how she is so far from that part of the world.  I dont think she is looking like any of the other girlfriends she seems very different to me which is a good thing.  People are making a lot of assumptions about what she is doing with regards to the press etc but it is just assumptions not based on fact.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 10 Aug 2014, 10:43

I'm really looking forward to how she talks when being with George. Until then we've only gotten her professional interviews. Though highly doubt she'll do many George–related interviews except for those quick red carpet ones. She is not in the showbiz after all.
PS: Her voice sounds enjoyable. Hope to know more about her from this marriage.

Last edited by Sevens on Sun 10 Aug 2014, 10:45; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 10 Aug 2014, 10:45

Totally agree TNMC - raised and educated in Britain. Maybe folks should take a second look at the IBAHRI site.........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 10 Aug 2014, 14:56

Doug Ross wrote: he could have married someone else and we would have disagreed with his choice, because many of us don't like the fact that is going to get married.
There I think you've hit the nail on the head. For years many fans have said they didn't dislike the women he dated but they did dislike what those women did for a living and why oh why oh why couldn't he find someone 'better'. Well, he has found someone better and yet, not at all surprisingly, a lot fans still aren't happy.

There isn't a perfect woman, just as George Clooney himself isn't perfect. I don't warm to Amal myself but I am grateful that she has a 'proper' job and that I can log on every day without the worry that we're going to be inundated with nude / nearly nude pictures of her.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 10 Aug 2014, 14:58

No, if he was married to me, I would absolutely try to muster as much interest as I could.  I'm not the marrying kind, but I'd do my best Smile
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 10 Aug 2014, 16:11

Anyone else of the same belief as me that they will get married before nay of the dates publicly floated?

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 10 Aug 2014, 16:32

Oh yes I think there are many red earrings swimming around at the moment.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 10 Aug 2014, 17:34

herrings?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 10 Aug 2014, 17:49

Whatever date he gets married, every year after that I will celebrate it by wearing black, from head to toe, and getting rip roaring drunk on the best champagne I can afford.

It will be my nod to the death of my fantasies!  brahahahaha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 10 Aug 2014, 18:01

fava wrote:Anyone else of the same belief as me that they will get married before nay of the dates publicly floated?
Yes.

Lana Del Rey has a concert in Atlanta Georgia for 19-20 september. She is canceling or postposting her concert in Israel on the 20 august (wrong thread but seems like other artists are doing the same thing. ) Then she has a concert in France 22-24 august. So anywhere between 25/8 -18/9 she should be available as a wedding singer. Presuming that G will use the same singer as K K K     W.

He probably wont, but just an idea.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 10 Aug 2014, 18:05

LornaDoone wrote:Whatever date he gets married, every year after that I will celebrate it by wearing black, from head to toe, and getting rip roaring drunk on the best champagne I can afford.

I'll recommend Prosecco, Italian bubbly.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 10 Aug 2014, 18:08

Mmmmm  Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 10 Aug 2014, 18:35

LizzyNY wrote:

She was raised in England so not sure how she is so far from that part of the world.  I dont think she is looking like any of the other girlfriends she seems very different to me which is a good thing.  People are making a lot of assumptions about what she is doing with regards to the press etc but it is just assumptions not based on fact.

TNMC- Just to clarify: 1. What I meant by "that part of his world" was someone from the film industry, because that would have been more familiar to us and, at the time, maybe more logical. I wasn't talking about what country she came from.

2.When I said she's looking more like the other gfs, I meant that she seems to be fitting her life into his. She's adapting. Not necessarily a bad thing. She'll have to know how to fit in and how to behave in any situation he exposes her to. I think one of the reasons he chose her is that she can handle it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 10 Aug 2014, 21:38

Silje wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:Whatever date he gets married, every year after that I will celebrate it by wearing black, from head to toe, and getting rip roaring drunk on the best champagne I can afford.

I'll recommend Prosecco, Italian bubbly.

Ok if they make it to year 2 then Prosecco it is.  I'll even pop over to Oz and bring some for theminis and we can get drunk together.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 10 Aug 2014, 22:10

That's great Lorna, bring a few bottles, it will take a few get over the disbelief!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 10 Aug 2014, 23:07

Do I sense a theme of sarcasm here?  brahahahaha!

Ok, I'll bring as many as I can get through customs!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 10 Aug 2014, 23:27

Frankly I think he's the one who should be supplying us with the booze! I wouldn't say no to a case or two of Casamigos, hint hint!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 Aug 2014, 23:31

Only if he delivers it personally...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 10 Aug 2014, 23:43

Thumbs up! 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 12 Aug 2014, 21:09

melbert wrote:Only if he delivers it personally...

Yeah Right  And as he has to travel a lot to deliver to so many international household he can take a break in my place.....I have a nice couch  Love4
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 12 Aug 2014, 22:01

LornaDoone wrote:Do I sense a theme of sarcasm here?  brahahahaha!

Ok, I'll bring as many as I can get through customs!

Yep just a wee bit
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 13 Aug 2014, 02:11

LizzyNY wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:

TNMC- Just to clarify: 1. What I meant by "that part of his world" was someone from the film industry, because that would have been more familiar to us and, at the time, maybe more logical. I wasn't talking about what country she came from.

2.When I said she's looking more like the other gfs, I meant that she seems to be fitting her life into his. She's adapting. Not necessarily a bad thing. She'll have to know how to fit in and how to behave in any situation he exposes her to. I think one of the reasons he chose her is that she can handle it.
Somewhere in one of here bio it mentions that she also specializes in entertainment law. I remember because it hit me funny. I know  I would change for him. Don't make me look for it I know it must be in her schooling information.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 13 Aug 2014, 08:24

Mazy wrote:Somewhere in one of here bio it mentions that she also specializes in entertainment law. I remember because it hit me funny. I know  I would change for him. Don't make me look for it I know it must be in her schooling information.
She doesn't specialise in entertainment law. Long before she met George she studied entertainment law in New York as an addition to her existing law degree. AFAIK, she's never practiced entertainment law.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2