George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014

+45
hathaross
The next mrs clooney
benex
Philippago
cupcake
fluffy
amaretti
isogotit
Picachu
Boshkash
MeganMorris
JMK
Xylo
Cece42
Jenn
pandabear
Hebe
premiere
Doug Ross
Sevens
LizzyNY
/
fava
Donnamarie
bgarabedian
jd68
errmm
globalchick
Atalante
melbert
Joanna
fridadereval
lelacorb
Silje
PigPen
theminis
LornaDoone
jusquatoi2014
Missa
Way2Old4Dis
Nicky80
annemarie
Alisonfan
Katiedot
party animal - not!
49 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014

Post by annemarie Tue 28 Oct 2014, 10:23

The Hotel is near the Alamuddins and George and Amals new home so I would think they knew the owner and the hotel. People keep going on that the wedding was four days the wedding was one day Saturday. Friday was the rehearsal and batchelor parties. Sunday a brunch and dinner, Monday thie civil wedding. This wedding lasted as long as most weddings these days the only thing different was that there was a civil ceremony on Monday.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: London post-wedding party for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 25 October 2014

Post by fava Tue 28 Oct 2014, 11:33

Philippago wrote:great sadness that this display of wealth, days and days of celebrations champagne and foie gras and holiday endless. Everything to attract media attention in view of its go into politics, a script that takes 30 days for an unseemly spectacle and really inadequate to the crisis that millions of people suffer, this will make its effect in Hollywood, but in people arouses great sadness. But he probably does not care about the common people, and this script is aimed at a different target

Aren't you the one who posted a document that Elisabetta wanted donations to charity instead of gifts?  Since she is so generous, did she donate the money for her wedding photo spreads to charity? Never heard that was the case.  It was my understanding that she organized parts of her day so her dress would be exclusively revealed in magazine photos.  She is no stranger to attracing media attention.

Not sure what your objection is if all this hoopla earned money for charity through the money he got for photos. I may not necessarily agree with this pimping out of one's personal life, but you seem to approve of it for EC, but not for George. That is hypocritical.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 28 Oct 2014, 12:33

Philippago - Do you live in Venice? Were you inconvenienced by the wedding? If you are concerned about the common people, keep in mind the amount of money that poured into Venice during those four days - not just the money paid to the hotels and restaurants by George, but the press as well. Everyone made money from his wedding - waiters, vaporetto drivers, maids, shop owners and the city of Venice itself - the "common people", as you call them. If he had a small, unpublicized wedding somewhere else none of those people would have made a cent.

He also reminded the world that Venice is a lovely setting for a wedding. I'll bet there will be a huge uptick in tourism for the city. That can only boost the economy and benefit the people who live and work there. I think most Venetians would feel what they gained was worth four days of inconvenience.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 28 Oct 2014, 12:48

fava wrote:
Philippago wrote:great sadness that this display of wealth, days and days of celebrations champagne and foie gras and holiday endless. Everything to attract media attention in view of its go into politics, a script that takes 30 days for an unseemly spectacle and really inadequate to the crisis that millions of people suffer, this will make its effect in Hollywood, but in people arouses great sadness. But he probably does not care about the common people, and this script is aimed at a different target

Aren't you the one who posted a document that Elisabetta wanted donations to charity instead of gifts?  Since she is so generous, did she donate the money for her wedding photo spreads to charity? Never heard that was the case.  It was my understanding that she organized parts of her day so her dress would be exclusively revealed in magazine photos.  She is no stranger to attracing media attention.

Not sure what your objection is if all this hoopla earned money for charity through the money he got for photos. I may not necessarily agree with this pimping out of one's personal life, but you seem to approve of it for EC, but not for George. That is hypocritical.

Fava, I have to check, i think i seen on here and else where Elisabetta did/has donated that money to "of all things"  Midldle East Charity either was Gaza or Syria.  Remember she visit those regions before her wedding early in spring or summer.

Elisabetta, like Stacy has a good heart.  George always pick women who at the end of the day all had good hearts  Very Happy

Last edited by Alisonfan on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 12:50; edited 1 time in total

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 28 Oct 2014, 12:48

I have yet to visit Italy. It will be my next European vacation (don't know when though). Anyway, Venice was never near the top of my list of cities I was planning to visit but after experiencing George's wedding through all the beautiful pictures it will be a city I will definitely be visiting. I think George's wedding has probably provided " boatloads" of publicity for the tourism trade in Italy.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 28 Oct 2014, 12:54

lelacorb wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Michael Jackson, trans o beautiful woman?  Vote please.

This is unfair remark, not nice.  She is caught off guard by camera. BUT still looks very glamourous.

I think she is thinking "how will I teach George all about Putin in ten minutes, before we arrive" joking.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 28 Oct 2014, 13:12

Alisonfan, I was put off by lelacorb's post too. Every camera shot in the car was caught off guard. People don't usually smile while riding in their cars. In fact if the two of them had been smiling there would probably have been negative comments of how Amal is always on for the camera. Just can't win.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 28 Oct 2014, 15:31

Donnamarie wrote: devo ancora visitare l'Italia. Sarà la mia prossima vacanza europea (non so quando però). In ogni caso, a Venezia non è mai stato vicino alla parte superiore della mia lista delle città avevo intenzione di visitare, ma dopo aver sperimentato matrimonio di George attraverso tutte le belle immagini che sarà una città sicuramente visiterò. Penso matrimonio di George ha probabilmente fornito "sbarchi" di pubblicità per il commercio turismo in Italia.
You're exaggerating, George has great potential and may one day lead America, but in Venice and Italy do not need George Clooney to attract tourism and be known in the world, since they invented the airplane, which is full of tourists Americans!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 28 Oct 2014, 15:35

Donnamarie wrote: Alisonfan, Sono Stato Messo Fuori dal posto di lelacorb Troppo. OGNI Colpo macchina fotografica in macchina has been Colto di sorpresa. La gente di solito non sorridono Durante la Guida Nelle Loro automatico. Infatti se i Due Di Loro erano STATI lì un sorridere probabilmente sarebbe stato I Commenti Negativi di venire Amal E Semper per la Fotocamera. Basta non puo Vincere.

Even a blind man would not be caught off guard by hundreds of photographers crowding the roadside!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 28 Oct 2014, 16:05

Lelacorb, I agree, Venice doesn't need George to promote tourism but I think his wedding probably had a very positive impact on business there. And his wedding did bring in extra income for the city.

So, since there were hundreds of photographers outside the car on Saturday night George and Amal should have been smiling for them? If there had been many fans outside the car waving at them I would say it would have been the friendly thing to do to wave and smile back. But that was not the case.

So we will agree to disagree then.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 28 Oct 2014, 16:27

MAlisonfan wrote:
fava wrote:

Fava, I have to check, i think i seen on here and else where Elisabetta did/has donated that money to "of all things"  Midldle East Charity either was Gaza or Syria.  Remember she visit those regions before her wedding early in spring or summer.

Elisabetta, like Stacy has a good heart.  George always pick women who at the end of the day all had good hearts  Very Happy
My recollection is they asked for donations in lieu of gifts.  I don't remember anything about profits from the sale of exclusive wedding photos.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 28 Oct 2014, 16:56

This true I read the same they asked donations nothing I have read mentioned what the money from the sale of the pictures went.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 28 Oct 2014, 18:19

lelacorb wrote:
Donnamarie wrote: devo ancora visitare l'Italia. Sarà la mia prossima vacanza europea (non so quando però). In ogni caso, a Venezia non è mai stato vicino alla parte superiore della mia lista delle città avevo intenzione di visitare, ma dopo aver sperimentato matrimonio di George attraverso tutte le belle immagini che sarà una città sicuramente visiterò. Penso matrimonio di George ha probabilmente fornito "sbarchi" di pubblicità per il commercio turismo in Italia.
You're exaggerating, George has great potential and may one day lead America, but in Venice and Italy do not need George Clooney to attract tourism and be known in the world, since they invented the airplane, which is full of tourists Americans!
Since Italy's economy is struggling any boost to it Im sure is very welcome.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 28 Oct 2014, 18:21

Michael Jackson, trans o beautiful woman?  Vote please.
What a disgusting comment!!  You should be ashamed of yourself!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 28 Oct 2014, 18:35

Donnamarie wrote: Lelacorb, sono d'accordo, Venezia non ha bisogno di George per promuovere il turismo, ma penso che il suo matrimonio probabilmente ha avuto un impatto molto positivo sulla affari. E il suo matrimonio ha portato in reddito extra per la città. Quindi, dal momento che ci sono stati centinaia di fotografi fuori l'auto nella notte di Sabato George e Amal avrebbe dovuto essere sorridente per loro? Se ci fossero stati molti fan al di fuori della macchina salutando loro direi che sarebbe stata la cosa più amichevole per fare sventolare e ricambiare il sorriso. Ma questo non era il caso. Quindi dovremo essere in disaccordo, allora.

Disagree only on the sentence: Every room in the car shot was caught off guard. The whole world knew that they would go there, where is the surprise?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 28 Oct 2014, 18:40

Il prossimo mrs Clooney wrote:
Michael Jackson, trans o bella donna? Voto per favore.
Che un commento disgustoso !! Dovresti vergognarti di te stesso !!
Assolutamente
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 28 Oct 2014, 18:48

Any paparazzi can tell you that even when people know they're being photographed, there are going to be bad pictures of them when they're blinking, talking, eating or otherwise making faces mostly unconsciously.

George looked miserable as sin in the back of the car so it would have been really odd if she'd been sitting there smiling and waving.

They were both acting unhappy to see the press. I don't know why George pulls this shit, but he does. We used to see it a lot with Elisabetta and to some extent with Stacy: when they were papped by themselves they'd smile and pose for cameras, but when papped during 'private moments' with George, he'd look grim and they'd try to match that mood.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 28 Oct 2014, 19:00

Well, I think they both expected the photographers, but probably not to the extent of a frenzy starting at the gates, so to speak, of their home, and following their every gesture in a chauffeured car. The leaked pictures, the interviews, and especially the rumor (ridiculous, IMO) that Brad and Angelina would be there just added to the furor. I don't think they can be faulted for this one.

You'll notice that in many of the pictures, each of them is actually seated behind the front seat's raised headrest. Not only do I think they were unpleasantly surprised, but it explains why they are sitting so far apart.

It would seem they managed to sneak out without being seen. At least, we don't have any pictures of their departure. George has been known to have a second car waiting for him at some venues. Maybe the fiasco of the arrival made him bring in reinforcement.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippago Wed 29 Oct 2014, 08:05

Venezia  welcomes everyone, even a Donnamarie unaware of the story, keep in mind that what you see is all true, it's not a hologram or a scenario of plastic film, which already existed before the discovery of America .  Laughing

" .....For urban characteristics and its artistic heritage, Venice is universally considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world and ranks, along with its lagoon, between the Italian heritage sites by UNESCO This factor has contributed to make the third Italian city (after Rome and Milan), with the highest flow of tourism largely from outside Italy..."
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Wed 29 Oct 2014, 08:35

Lela, I am afraid that every word you say is reflecting on your own image/mentality, are you that obsessed with people looks because you are a beauty queen, or because it reminds you of your troubles?

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 29 Oct 2014, 13:28

Philippago wrote:Venezia  welcomes everyone, even a Donnamarie unaware of the story, keep in mind that what you see is all true, it's not a hologram or a scenario of plastic film, which already existed before the discovery of America .  Laughing

" .....For urban characteristics and its artistic heritage, Venice is universally considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world and ranks, along with its lagoon, between the Italian heritage sites by UNESCO This factor has contributed to make the third Italian city (after Rome and Milan), with the highest flow of tourism largely from outside Italy..."
So no aassurances from you that this money was donated to charity?  Isn't that what what goodwill ambassadors do (like Angelina) because they are such great humanitarians?

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 29 Oct 2014, 15:12

The next mrs clooney wrote:
lelacorb wrote:
Since Italy's economy is struggling any boost to it Im sure is very welcome.
but this is absolutely another matter not what we were doing!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 29 Oct 2014, 15:32

Boshkash wrote:Lela, I am afraid that every word you say is reflecting on your own image/mentality, are you that obsessed with people looks because you are a beauty queen, or because it reminds you of your troubles?
I problems? not a single one, sorry! is a serene woman, I have a husband with whom I still enjoy it, two children I am proud of, a beautiful house where I live stably and other rentals, travel a lot, I have a job that I really like and I do not get bored, I do not have leaders that is to say, I'm fine financially and in health. Oh I forgot I do not think I'm beautiful and I never thought but I have a nice body and, despite not having more than 30 years, I can afford to wear whatever I like. You wanted to find an anger in me, well, you got the wrong person. If you do not like what I write, I can not do anything, I write what I think, you do not you agree? I'll survive!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 29 Oct 2014, 16:01

Lovely now can we get back on topic?  Thanks.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Wed 29 Oct 2014, 19:07

Sneak peek at George Clooney's dinner plate from his wedding reception at Danesfield House LINK

A leaked menu from the Clooneys’ Saturday night dinner revealed the couple enjoyed delights such as foie gras and smoked salmon during the five-course meal.
Guests were given a choice of main dishes including fillet of beef or sea bass, with a lemon and elderflower sorbet between courses.
The menu, headed ‘To celebrate the Marriage of Amal and George’, also gave the A-list Hollywood actor a chance to tuck into traditional English speciality sticky toffee pudding for dessert.
A delicate starter list included smoked salmon served with Irish soda bread and topped with a quail’s egg.
And for the ethical Hollywood diner, a woodland mushroom risotto was offered as an alternative to a meaty main course.
Danesfield House has a long history of fine dining, with chef Adam Simmonds taking its restaurant to Michelin-stardom and up to 12th best in the country during his tenure, which ended last year.
But the restaurant at the luxury spa learned it had lost the coveted star in Michelin's 2015 guide when the list was revealed last month.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 29 Oct 2014, 22:02

LornaDoone wrote:Lovely now can we get back on topic?  Thanks.
a question has always need 'for an answer! for education, only out of politeness.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 29 Oct 2014, 22:11

lelacorb wrote:
a question has always need 'for an answer! for education, only out of politeness.

So, that was a "No"...?

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 30 Oct 2014, 01:40

brahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:50

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
lelacorb wrote:

So, that was a "No"...?
Yes, that was a "no" even to those who, if not d 'agreement with what you write, asking you if you have problems deserves a "fuck you" but it would not be a complete answer and educated!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippago Thu 30 Oct 2014, 09:05

fava wrote:
Philippago wrote:Venezia  welcomes everyone, even a Donnamarie unaware of the story, keep in mind that what you see is all true, it's not a hologram or a scenario of plastic film, which already existed before the discovery of America .  Laughing

So no aassurances from you that this money was donated to charity?  Isn't that what what goodwill ambassadors do (like Angelina) because they are such great humanitarians
maybe the google translator does not translate well, but I hope this guy has written an idiot like that. I hope he is not comparing the great humanitarian efforts of the wonderful Jolie with this wedding-show-business
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 10:40

From the other post-wedding thingy :-)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 30 Oct 2014, 11:54

I'm completely lost here. What the hell are we talking about? Somebody please clarify the point of this conversation now.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 30 Oct 2014, 13:59

Pictures from Saturday night in Marlow????

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />" />

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 30 Oct 2014, 14:11

Donnamarie sometimes you've just got to skip over some of the stuff and hope the mods will come on and ask politely for the conversation to get back on track.

I know it's like trying to row a boat upstream sometimes but we keep trying.

So this was about the post wedding party for the folks who couldn't fit or get to the wedding in Venice.  Right?  I think that's what this thread is about.

Lovely pictures of the room if that was the room?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 30 Oct 2014, 14:24

Stunning room. Never would have thought you were inside a tent. I saw these pictures on some other media site too. The candlelight and beautiful detailing gave the room a very enchanted look.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Thu 30 Oct 2014, 14:32

who is that in the car? looks like an older photo of Amal?

louisvillelaura
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 30 Oct 2014, 14:36

It gets really confusing when people keep off-topic arguments going on and on. If you really can't let it go and move on, could you please take your fight private and leave the rest of us out of it? Send a PM to the person you're mad at. The rest of us aren't interested.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 30 Oct 2014, 15:01

Yeah, this is the kind of crap I've missed the past couple of weeks.  LOL LOL LOL.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 30 Oct 2014, 15:13

If I wanted to maintain my guests' privacy as asked and required, yet still promote the services and abilities of my business, these are exactly the photos I would 'leak.'

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 30 Oct 2014, 16:05

louisvillelaura, That picture of Amal and I think her cousin is an old one. The images that Alisonfan posted from photobucket have a number of older pics of Amal before George.

Sorry guys. I think I was in the mix of going off topic. Sometimes when we are trying to prove a point it gets way off the subject of the thread. Think it started when Amal was being compared to Michael Jackson. But then I was completely lost early this morning. So even I was fed up.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 30 Oct 2014, 16:29

They can do some amazing things with tents. You would think it was an actual building the way some can be designed.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 30 Oct 2014, 18:28

annemarie wrote:They can do some amazing things with tents. You would think it was an actual building the way some can be designed.

Yes they can look amazing when you have the money of course.

I've read somewhere that a marquee is a called a tent in America, but it really
makes me smile when I imagine a tent, as we know them, being used like that
for a posh do !!
Tents here in UK....think Glastonbury in the mud ! lol!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 30 Oct 2014, 18:32

George in a mud fight???????????  Bring it on !!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Fri 31 Oct 2014, 05:48

Oh wow! I ask a simple question for you Lela, and I receive a lecture about your happy life and a curse for asking it!! So it is ok for you to say what you want even if it is insulting, disrespectful, very personal and snarky, but no one has any right to question you about the reasons behind your behavior? So much for fairness MRS!!
Sorry for going off topic, but it is really difficult to let that sort of reply go..

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 31 Oct 2014, 06:25

And again, can we get this thread back on topic.  If you can't we'll lock it until this damn back and forth stops.

Thanks.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:39

Paris Match : http://www.parismatch.com/People/Cinema/Amal-Clooney-une-femme-de-pouvoir-642428

---->Google translation

International lawyer, she is not the wife of the actor and the Greek government defends against the British Museum. 

At the end of October, the English countryside is tinged with autumnal colors; red, green, yellow trees and groves stand out against the gray sky threatening. Front of the huge stone fireplace Hotel Danesfield House, three ladies chatting without interruption; Servers in black suit never stop to fill their cups of steaming Earl Grey. "I can not wait for tonight, we'll finally know what it feels like to kiss George Clooney! "Launches one of them. Check the eve of Beirut and Dubai, they are part of the hundreds of guests who wanted Alamuddin parents present their famous son. Former Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri, the current Minister of the Interior, a Druze emir and the Ambassador of Lebanon to the United Kingdom are the "party". A month after luxury wedding Venetian, the American actor is presented in good Lebanese society and its highest dignitaries in a borrowed scenery romanticism of the Bronte sisters. 

We think we see Jane Eyre in every corner of this house lined in Stormwind, on the lawns of the park that borders the River Thames and in the halls of the reception hall. A few hours before the party, while a handful of journalists killing time swallowing cucumber sandwiches, cheddar, fills the lobby of cousins, aunts and friends of Amal. All will pass into the hands of hairdressers and makeup artists engaged for the event. "Blonde, blonde, I want to be blonde. Can you do me a coloring? "Insists a brown of a certain age. Strict dress code and protocol when meeting a prince of Hollywood. A man seems particularly busy, running around shod with studded loafers, sunglasses on his nose despite the English clouds. This is the "wedding planner" Commander in Chief supposed to start at 20 o'clock sharp festive battle. On his orders, orchids are arranged in vases, a grand piano found its place under the tent where dinner will be served designed by chef Billy Reid (fillet of lamb and duck breast, your choice), rug red is held in the lobby and dozens of magnums of champagne are put in charge. 

Everything is ready when the pair Clooney appears. "I was in the lobby when George arrived, says Joumana Saab, a cousin. I was the first to embrace it! "It tells a" happy and relaxed evening "in which the actor welcomed everyone, holding serve wine itself. So much so, to the chagrin of some, he was not allowed to photograph ... "In a speech, he said to come from a dispersed between Kentucky and Ireland family. He said he thought he knew what a great family but did not expect to learn even more by meeting the huge Alamuddin! "

After dinner, George and Amal "have spun English," according to Joumana, leaving their guests to enjoy the dance. They did not reappear the next day, preferring to remain head to head in the property they just purchased a few kilometers. On an island in the river, their remains inspired by the Renaissance style - estimated at 14 million - is surrounded by weeping willows. This is where, on their return from Venice, they spent thirteen days cloistered honeymoon. In the village, walkers tell the surveys have lunch in a dressing gown in the open garden on the banks. Two spaniels follow everywhere, but no cook or housekeeper in charge of comfort. A ride, George dons a hat English hunter and he is picking up the droppings left by their dogs.   Very Happy  love1 love1 love1
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 31 Oct 2014, 14:54

That article is so funny Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 19:45

"After dinner, George and Amal "have spun English," according to Joumana, leaving their guests to enjoy the Dance"

What does "have spun English" mean? I googled "spun" but I don't understand that word in combination with ENGLISH...what does it mean?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 20:19

Amal Alamuddin's Aunts Were "Fangirling Over" George Clooney at Wedding Bash

That sly silver fox! George Clooney worked his world-famous charms on his new in-laws -- especially the female ones! -- during his second wedding celebration with new wife Amal Alamuddin in Buckinghamshire, England, on Oct. 25.

The bonus bash, hosted by the bride's parents mom Baria and dad Ramzi, was largely attended by Alamuddin's side of the family -- and they were totally sweet on their new family member.

"A group of women were fangirling over him," one source tells Us of Alamuddin's aunts. "One started singing 'Georgie Porgie, puddin' and pie. Kissed the girls and made them cry.'" Later, that woman "raved about getting a peck from George."

As previously reported by Us, the newlyweds were feted at the luxurious Danesfield House Hotel in the UK. Guests at the intimate affair were treated to a cocktail reception and a three course meal created by the hotel's executive chef Billy Reid. Alamuddin, 36, went Hollywood glam for the occasion, wearing a gold dress and black fur trim coat.

The night before the party, the Clooneys had the Alamuddin family at their countryside residence for a home-cooked meal. Earlier Friday, Oct. 24, Baria gushed to several family members about meeting her new son-in-law. "I can't wait for you to meet him," she was overheard saying. "It has been such a lovely month."

The A-list actor, 53, and Alamuddin wed in Venice, Italy, on Sept. 27. The couple tied the knot before their famous friends, including Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber, Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, and more.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Oct 2014, 21:13

Nicky - English is my native language and I've never hard the expression "have spun English" either. Unless it's a UK expression, I think Google translation has struck again. They really need to hire some editors.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next