George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George sells his LA home
How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Oct 2024, 19:07 by LizzyNY

» Chit Chat 2024
How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Oct 2024, 00:30 by LizzyNY

» Oct 2024 Clooney dinner Party
How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 EmptyWed 02 Oct 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» My Wolfs review
How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 EmptySat 28 Sep 2024, 16:56 by Ida

» Happy Tenth Wedding Anniversary to George and Amal
How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2024, 13:20 by Ida

» 2004 more Pranks that Alex does
How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2024, 12:13 by Ida

» https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13897139/George-Clooney-Amal-stars-Albies-charity-NYC.html
How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2024, 11:52 by annemariew

» Clooneys and family and friends in Venice
How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2024, 18:08 by party animal - not!

» George sends congratulations to Cate Blanchett on her latest success
How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 EmptySun 22 Sep 2024, 15:52 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin?

+38
jusquatoi2014
Einstein
it's me
Carolina Gal
sparkie
melbert
Vilma
lelacorb
bamboochacha
Boshkash
Cece42
fava
party animal - not!
Pita428
Mazy
Butterfly
Carla97
Missa
silly girl
LizzyNY
LornaDoone
isogotit
Nicky80
Atalante
Ballycuan
playfuldeb
Way2Old4Dis
happycat
Rose
bellybaby
Joanna
ktsue2002
Sevens
theminis
annemarie
Lighterside
What Would He Say
Katiedot
42 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin?

Genuinely happy for them

Mixed feelings. Of course I'm happy if they're happy but also feel a bit sad for myself

I know I'm supposed to be happy for them but I'm not

I'm sad

I'm disappointed

I'm heartbroken

I'm angry

I'm jealous

I'm still so surprised at the news that I don't know what I feel

I don't believe it's true

View results

How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin?

Post by Joanna Mon 01 Sep 2014, 01:13

I remember an interview with George in which he referred to loneliness feelings, both when he was in a relationship and when he was without a relationship.

I remember thinking at the time..."Great, he's just like the rest of us then !"

So I'd imagine now that he's discovered that he doesn't have that feeling of loneliness when with Amal, so that's why "she's the one" for him to spend the rest of his life with. As I've said before, I'm really happy for him.

Maybe it's something that only "second time rounders" 
can understand, because one then has something else 
to compare with.

Sorry, I hope that all makes sense ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you really feel about George Clooney getting engaged to Amal Alamuddin?

Post by PigPen Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:10

LornaDoone wrote:See now you bring up this stag party thing and it's just a reminder to me that George is going to be hard pressed not to get bored.

For a guy who's had a veritable buffet, an endless smorgasbord of choices when it comes to women he could date and of course, shtup, the idea that he's going to settle down with just one is amazing to me.

I mean, sure, I'd always hoped he would do that one day but I sometimes had my doubts that he would give up something that most men DREAM of!

Most of my male friends were more upset about George getting married than my female friends - which I found surprising.

But then one explained that to him, George was his hero.  George lived the life most guys would give a left nut to live!  And his getting married, to this guy, was seen as throwing in the towel, or giving up that dream!  He was really upset about it.

So it was interesting to me to see that not only women wanted George, men wanted to BE George.

I think it will be a miracle that this marriage lasts.

Not that George isn't a catch.  He does have some really lovely qualities.  But he will continue to have women throwing themselves at him and it takes a very confident woman to not let that affect her and/or the relationship.

I'll give you an example.  Many years ago I was backstage at a music awards show.  As I was ascending a staircase, one of the Dukes of Hazzard's actors was walking down the steps with his wife.  She was a news announcer, if I'm not mistaken.

As I walked up I glanced at both of them and said, "Hi."  He smiled and politely said hello.  She looked at me like she wanted to kill me.  And all I thought as I finished ascending the stairs was, "That marriage is not going to last."  And I was right.  They divorced just a few years later.

So it will be interesting to see what happens with this relationship.  A LOT will hinge on whether Amal has the fortitude to deal with not just the press, but the attention from other women that will still come because she's marrying THE guy!
I said this from the beginning.  He'll do the true blue bit for a while, but....he's George Clooney, good bad and otherwise. How many truly monogamous marriages exist in LA?    I mean truly monogamous.  There's a lot of temptation there for the taking.  No strings attached, except 'bragging rights" with your friends.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4