George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler?

+26
Best in Category
Sylvia Cheevers
playfuldeb
cindigirl
OofOof
Missa
Mazy
lelacorb
George Fan
janieb
Atalante
The next mrs clooney
MM
Lighterside
Dior
Bidbod
fava
party animal - not!
madsky
Lakin460
it's me
macs
theminis
watching
Joanna
Katiedot
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If George came out and said that he's only pretending to date Stacy, what would your reaction be?

It depends on the reason he gave

I'd be angry, he has no right to deceive me

I'd be fine with it, it's none of my business anyway

View results

Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? Empty Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler?

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Feb 2013, 10:00

This thought came idly wandering through my scatter brain and I wondered what you guys all thought.

If George came out and said that he's only pretending to date Stacy, what would your reaction be? Would you give up being a fan? Get angry then get over it? Shrug your shoulders and move on? Does it depend on why he was pretending to date her?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? Empty Re: Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler?

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 10:56

I'm a fan of George, his work and his personality.
With regard to his love life, I'm going with his Mom's attitude....
"It's his business" so have voted that way.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler? Empty Re: Would it put you off George Clooney if he said he was only pretending to date Stacy Keibler?

Post by watching Thu 28 Feb 2013, 11:15

For me it would be a question of integrity - how do you then trust anything he says or does if he has willingly participated in a deception? It's one thing to want to be private but to choose to intentionally deceive and then parade the women up and down the red carpets and release "private" photos to the press for self promotional purposes and for profit? Not sure I could get past that.

How could you be sure that if he can fake a romantic relationship that he isn't faking everything? Like the activism or all the closed door business / producing credits that he gets? Does he really write and produce films or does he pay someone to do it and he just puts his name on it and gets the credit?

If someone gets away with lying in one aspect in their life, what would stop them endeavouring to do it in other areas of their life for their own gain?
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 28 Feb 2013, 11:15

If George announced that he's been pretending to date Stacy - my first reaction would be to feel sadness for him, that regardless of the reason, he wasn't being true to himself.

Then I would change my avatar to Ben Afleck!!!! Joking - I would still be a fan
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Thu 28 Feb 2013, 11:35

well i can't say i'd be angry because i'll be "personnally" deceived (George and I are not that close unfortunately) but i'd just loose respect for him, and let him go...
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:25

to me
it depends on the reason he gave
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:36

It wouldn't surprise me if he was fauxmancing Keibler, so therefore I wouldn't be mad or upset. The lack of chemistry and public affection attest to her being nothing more than a prop.

I keep thinking of something he said in an interview a ways back about working on a prank - something really big - that would take years to pull off. Could the placement of Stacy in his public life be a part of that? He hates the press and deceiving them would likely give him great delight. Just thinking out loud here.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:37

If this were true would love to know the background of why. Bet it would be a great story.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:40

Clarifying a point - it might be inaccurate to say George hates the press. His dad was a media man. George hates the intrusive practices of the papparazzi (did I spell that right?) and the fabrications that are published to sell magazines, etc.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:58

Lakin, I've often wondered about the prank element, and thought they might both be involved. It could be as you say, or it could be there is actually some sort of commitment between them we know nothing about. (Someone said Julia Chen alluded to something on The View but clammed up).

Either way, there would be lots of smiles!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 13:04

That's an interesting theory Lakin about the long term
relationship prank ! The mind boggles...Lol

How would the two sets of parents slot into that then ?
Any ideas of the conversations they'd all have when together
around the dinner table in Como last summer ? Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 28 Feb 2013, 13:07

Do you really pull a prank on the President of the United States by inviting him to your home and introducing someone as your girlfriend as a joke? Or on a powerful man like Harvey Weinstein who give the fake girlfriend a job? Not to mention you need magazines like People and shows like ET if you want to get folks to your movies in the future. Makes no sense to me.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 13:24

As far as the parents go, maybe they are aware of an arrangement between them. I don't know, guys. I'm not claiming authority in the matter, just musing aloud Her part might only be an ancillary element of a much larger scheme. Who knows?!?!? And no, I don't think George would intentionally prank the President, but Stacy was not a central figure of this event. This wasn't Henry Higgins trying to pass off Eliza Doolittle as some royal debutante princess.

And maybe all this is much ado about nothing.....
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Thu 28 Feb 2013, 13:24

I think George would be forgiven much easier than Stacy. George pulling the wool over everyone's eyes is one thing. But Stacy? or whoever the girl is of the moment? It would be terrible for them.

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Thu 28 Feb 2013, 14:14

He would get away with it easily as he always gets away with almost everything. People just love him.

But I don't think it would be a smart thing to do and for what reason?
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Thu 28 Feb 2013, 14:39

fava wrote:Do you really pull a prank on the President of the United States by inviting him to your home and introducing someone as your girlfriend as a joke? Or on a powerful man like Harvey Weinstein who give the fake girlfriend a job? Not to mention you need magazines like People and shows like ET if you want to get folks to your movies in the future. Makes no sense to me.

Do we really know he introduced her as his girlfriend to the President. Shoot his ex-wife, Talia and others said people never even knew she was his wife and he was certainly not as well known then. This is just a guess, but I bet he introduces all of them as his date or just her name, which whether faux or real is still correct. Any man who in his thirties categorically says he is never getting married to Barbara Walters has issues obviously with labeling and commitment.

George hasn't really said anything about his girlfriends since the few public comments about Sarah a few years ago. Stan releases comments every now and then, but I haven't heard much. His fans and the gossip blogs are the ones who elevate the love connection, not sure how he is lying to anyone then.

FYI I am not saying it is a fauxmance, but I don't get the issue when he hasn't publicly said anything about the relationships, and no one knows for sure how he refers to Stacy or any of the others. I still believe it is possible she is mostly just a fun date to take to events. Some call her friends with benefits, although none of us here know if it is the benefit we are thinking of. Maybe her benefit is getting to meet powerful industry people who can help her get employed who knows.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Feb 2013, 14:47

Joanna wrote:I'm a fan of George, his work and his personality.
With regard to his love life, I'm going with his Mom's attitude....
"It's his business" so have voted that way.

Cosigned Jo...you said it perfectly...nothing to add!

@madsky...great points and I totally agree with them! No one has any idea what he says to people in the industry about any of his relationships...it's what the "press" projects...not George.

ETA: Would it be considered "fake dating" if they had an arrangement for red carpets and the like, more like a "casual girlfriend"? Or would that generally be considered a "date"? And if he wasn't feeling the "love" at that point in his life and he had all these engagements for work to attend, would anyone fault or begrudge him for not wanting to go to every industry event alone? That must get tiresome too!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:13

Lakin460 wrote:Clarifying a point - it might be inaccurate to say George hates the press. His dad was a media man. George hates the intrusive practices of the papparazzi (did I spell that right?) and the fabrications that are published to sell magazines, etc.

True that, Larkin. It is one thing to be a respectable newsman (Nick Clooney hates lies and any kind of deception. He would go to get the first hand news because he lived for the truth). Papparazzi are false people peddling any kind a story just for the money and the gossip value. Papparazzi are sell-outs, and I have absolutely no respect for them. They are way too invasive and intrusive for their own good.

Last edited by MM on Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:15; edited 1 time in total
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:14

Wouldn't bother me at all. He wouldn't be the first person in Hollywood to have a Fauxmance and he won't be the last. I would have to advise him to pick better next time though. Someone that improves his image and status and doesn't draw as much negative attention.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:29

I don't think he does at all.
Next time we will see her shopping in Europe, smiling to the paps as usual and everything will be perfect in the Clooney-world.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:31

I think some people are thinking a full out fauxmance where you are trying to deceive the press completely. I don't think it is that b&w, especially if you are dealing with George. His fauxmance would be a little more grey. As in I am not going to clarify or correct a lot about what is written or said about my relationships which is really just a date for events. If you make us this great love connection go for it, and I won't correct you as I would be doing it every minute of every day.

Now I wouldn't be upset with any celebrity who fauxmances now. I think the paps and gossip blogs are so relentless, if you thought you could have bit of peace by propagating a fake relationship go for it.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:41

madsky wrote: His fauxmance would be a little more grey. As in I am not going to clarify or correct a lot about what is written or said about my relationships which is really just a date for events. If you make us this great love connection go for it, and I won't correct you as I would be doing it every minute of every day.

Exactly!

Now I wouldn't be upset with any celebrity who fauxmances now. I think the paps and gossip blogs are so relentless, if you thought you could have bit of peace by propagating a fake relationship go for it.

Again...agree completely!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:47

Katiedot wrote:This thought came idly wandering through my scatter brain and I wondered what you guys all thought.

If George came out and said that he's only pretending to date Stacy, what would your reaction be? Would you give up being a fan? Get angry then get over it? Shrug your shoulders and move on? Does it depend on why he was pretending to date her?

Are you sure Katiedot this poll isn't too offensive for some posters ? Mmm ? Suspect pointing
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:11

Lighterside wrote: Would it be considered "fake dating" if they had an arrangement for red carpets and the like, more like a "casual girlfriend"?
By allowing everyone to think it's a genuine relationship, and acting as though she's his girlfriend then he's by default making that claim, so yes, I'd consider it fake dating.

There's lies you tell, and lies that you allow others to tell for you, but it's still lying.

I don't think we'd have Stacy claiming they live together and cook together, I don't think we'd have had all the date pictures and supermarket shopping 'candid' pictures, I don't think we'd have had all those many holiday pictures and I really don't think we'd have had the parents getting together for dinner pictures if George weren't deliberately painting a picture that this is a genuine relationship.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:34

Katie what I meant was as a general point...not with all that's gone on before this with George and Stacy.

I mean, if some celebrity, who was determined to remain single and did not want to deal with having to explain that fact to every person he dated, were to get involved with someone in his industry, who also needed a date and the attention it brings and they made an arrangement to "date" for industry events, as each other's plus one; would everyone consider that a lie as in "fake dating"? Not that this question relates to George and Stacy mind you! Just as a general question I'm interested in hearing what people think about it.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Thu 28 Feb 2013, 17:28

Katiedot wrote:
Lighterside wrote: Would it be considered "fake dating" if they had an arrangement for red carpets and the like, more like a "casual girlfriend"?
By allowing everyone to think it's a genuine relationship, and acting as though she's his girlfriend then he's by default making that claim, so yes, I'd consider it fake dating.

There's lies you tell, and lies that you allow others to tell for you, but it's still lying.

I don't think we'd have Stacy claiming they live together and cook together, I don't think we'd have had all the date pictures and supermarket shopping 'candid' pictures, I don't think we'd have had all those many holiday pictures and I really don't think we'd have had the parents getting together for dinner pictures if George weren't deliberately painting a picture that this is a genuine relationship.

Yep, poor old George is a lying liar who lies! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! For me, I don't care what the relationship is. It's his (and Stacy's) life and they can do what they want with it. It doesn't affect me in any way.
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Feb 2013, 18:07

Lighterside wrote:I mean, if some celebrity, who was determined to remain single and did not want to deal with having to explain that fact to every person he dated, were to get involved with someone in his industry, who also needed a date and the attention it brings and they made an arrangement to "date" for industry events, as each other's plus one; would everyone consider that a lie as in "fake dating"?
In general terms, yes I guess it would.

For me it would depend on how deceptive the 'couple' were being. If they were being papped out on dates and stuff then I'd consider it highly deceptive. If they were only ever seen together on the red carpet at events, then I'd still find it deceptive but I'd have less to complain about because they haven't been pretending to be anything other than what they were. Does that make sense?

I remember thinking much less of Jennifer Aniston when it came out she was fake dating Vince Vaughn (it was him, right? Her co-star in that film about a couple breaking up?) in order to get more publicity for the film. I just thought how pathetic does a person have to be to live like this just to get column inches?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Thu 28 Feb 2013, 18:52

If that is George's life to have consecutive fake romances well all the power to him and the women that get sucked into that game. As long as everyone knows what the game is and its ramifications and consequences, they are all adults. What the people think on the outside really doesn't matter, it is those two people's lives.

Although from the grand scope of HONESTY in the world it does not help that cause one iota.

Isn't so much of Hollywood an illusion anyway? Make believe? Kind of goes right along with that world. Where it will really get funny some day and blow up all over the gossip rags is when a copy of the CONTRACT gets released and every word of it is published. THAT will be the real juicy gossip, but I think that will never happen either. I think they stamp with big red letters TOP SECRET on that paperwork. And store it in a vault at Fort Knox.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Thu 28 Feb 2013, 20:53

Katiedot wrote:There's lies you tell, and lies that you allow others to tell for you, but it's still lying.

Just a few things, Stacy just referred to his house as our house a few times, she never actually said they live together exclusively. I'll admit the pictures may imply a deeper relationship, especially with her parents and shopping. By your thinking just the innuendo or assumption is deception and if only one partner is propagating the story the other is still as bad by not correcting it. I get the point, but I don't think I agree.

To clarify my idea on Stacy and George's relationship, I think they are dating just not as close as a lot on here believe.

Fake dating to sell a movie does seem pathetic to me. Fake dating to give the gossip something to write about instead of making up other outlandish things, just doesn't seem as bad to me.

Neither bothers me much. I just think fake dating to sell a movie seems so old Hollywood, I can't believe it still works that well and is sad for the stars involved, but I am really not that invested in even George's personal life. Love talking and speculating about his, but I don't honestly care. Still would see his movies if they look good to me. He won't lose my support.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 28 Feb 2013, 21:36

italianoinglesespagnolo

If George is pretending to Stacy I should still continue to be his fan but I could not help but wonder why he needs to do this, what should he hide? George if he would do this to me worth and compatirei as a poor man! He needs to do this? If your answer is yes, then, O my God really has problems in his personal life. I prefer to think that Stacy is a woman who accepts the will of George and has no pretensions, satisfied the red carpet, to be hosted in Como, to be hosted in Cabo and to be available when he wants a woman who did not agree but not to be a farce! In this case I would recommend George to a psychiatrist.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 28 Feb 2013, 21:46

lelacorb wrote:

italianoinglesespagnolo

If George is pretending to Stacy I should still continue to be his fan but I could not help but wonder why he needs to do this, what should he hide? George if he would do this to me worth and compatirei as a poor man! He needs to do this? If your answer is yes, then, O my God really has problems in his personal life. I prefer to think that Stacy is a woman who accepts the will of George and has no pretensions, satisfied the red carpet, to be hosted in Como, to be hosted in Cabo and to be available when he wants a woman who did not agree but not to be a farce! In this case I would recommend George to a psychiatrist.

Very well put Lela, what you explained above are all the reasons that I would feel sadness for him, to be part of a deception such as this.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 28 Feb 2013, 22:54

LOL Lela!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 28 Feb 2013, 23:14

If George was to come out and say that they fauxmancing to fool everyone, oh well that’s his business. However, this is all an assumption on our part for thinking. Do you remember what the assume means; to make an “ass-out of- u & me.”
That being said it’s his business. I would not believe it for a second, no way no how. I don’t believe George would do that. I think his relationship start off as normal as possible, it’s just that the feelings don’t last for him; or he will not let them last.

I thought the prank was the Casamigos video anyway.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Thu 28 Feb 2013, 23:21

Mazy, I think the opposite. I think there's contracts with each rent a chick. What is romance, what is show I don't know.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Fri 01 Mar 2013, 00:11

Rent a chick?
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 01 Mar 2013, 00:28

This is a really interesting question, as are everyone's opinions.

I voted "depends on the reason", but I can't really think of a reason that would make it OK. I know people fake-date all the time for publicity (*cough* Jennifer Aniston *cough*), but George certainly doesn't need help with that, and claims to hate attention on his personal life. Like his non-campaign Oscar campaign from last year, I would find it kind of gross to discover if he'd been faking a relationship for PR while complaining about press attention on his personal life. And if it's a prank, that's really just...not cute.

The only reason I would find remotely acceptable would be if he's actually gay. I would still be a little disappointed that he hadn't had the courage to be who he is in public, especially considering what a difference something like that would make, but it would be understandable. Not that he has to worry about my acceptance or approval, just my opinion.

I really think at the end of the day, he just doesn't like to go to red carpet events alone. Maybe it's to avoid the gay rumors - although his choice of companions make most people yell "Beard!" even louder. Maybe it's from shyness - although the women he goes with are hardly chatty Cathys during interviews, or big enough stars to take much attention off him. I wish he'd just take his mom or one of the boys and have a good night on his own. It'd probably be more fun for him.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Fri 01 Mar 2013, 02:17

The only other reason I can think of is that he might be dating, not marrying, a more private woman/women who really don't like the publicity and criticism that goes with being George's date. Hugh Jackman's wife said it was upsetting the comments about her being his beard and him being gay? Now don't blast me that he is, because there is no proof I've ever seen about that, and if he is just a nice married guy they are getting a lot of crap. I think with the never getting married perennial bachelor George it would be worse.

George is almost like a single parent dating, maybe you want to make sure it is okay with everyone before you expose them to the hounds of the press. You know he kind of thinks that way, remember his comments after Princess Diana's crash. He just hasn't found anyone worth progressing or maybe he did with Stacy who knows.

Now can you imagine the comments he would get if he brought one of the boys, especially Waldo the hairdresser.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 01 Mar 2013, 03:03

I know the comments would probably be worse if he brought one of the boys. I guess what I'm saying is that I wish he really didn't care about those comments. I've always gotten the feeling that they bother him more than he lets on, and part of the girlfriend selection process is choosing a particular type of woman that makes him look/feel as heterosexual as possible. A type which, as I noted, frequently makes him look like he's trying too hard.

George Clooney would never publicly date a woman who looks like Hugh Jackman's wife, lovely as she seems, is what I'm getting at. A woman who looks like she could be married to a plumber or a mechanic does not suit what it seems his purposes are.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 01 Mar 2013, 05:07

I know the comments would probably be worse if he brought one of the boys. I guess what I'm saying is that I wish he really didn't care about those comments. I've always gotten the feeling that they bother him more than he lets on, and part of the girlfriend selection process is choosing a particular type of woman that makes him look/feel as heterosexual as possible. A type which, as I noted, frequently makes him look like he's trying too hard.

George Clooney would never publicly date a woman who looks like Hugh Jackman's wife, lovely as she seems, is what I'm getting at. A woman who looks like she could be married to a plumber or a mechanic does not suit what it seems his purposes are.

Right on Missa! You said exactly what I was thinking!

I think it's his business who he dates and why but I would find it very sad if he really is fauxmancing all these girls just for PR purposes. I have to admit, a part of me does wonder.

Sadly, I do think he is focused primarily on appearance in his choices of partners and, as Missa said, I think he chooses the girls he does because he's pushing back against the gay rumors. And maybe a little because he's a guy and there is that element of chest thumping and ball scratching with most men when they show up with the best looking woman in the room. I actually don't think George is gay. He just gets bored faster with the one he's with!

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 01 Mar 2013, 05:32

Or perhaps, just maybe, his relationships only last on avg 2 years not because of Georges' boredom (however can really see that also being the case) but maybe because after 1-2 years together some of the women he's with start pushing for more from him....Even if you know intellectually what you are getting into by being with George, judging from past history - its one thing to know it and another to feel it -...if he's adamant that he's not going to put a ring on it, then relationship has to end.

Note Im on serious painkillers at the moment and probably talking a lot of crap, so just go with it....
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Fri 01 Mar 2013, 09:38

madsky wrote:The only other reason I can think of is that he might be dating, not marrying, a more private woman/women who really don't like the publicity and criticism that goes with being George's date. Hugh Jackman's wife said it was upsetting the comments about her being his beard and him being gay? Now don't blast me that he is, because there is no proof I've ever seen about that, and if he is just a nice married guy they are getting a lot of crap. I think with the never getting married perennial bachelor George it would be worse.

George is almost like a single parent dating, maybe you want to make sure it is okay with everyone before you expose them to the hounds of the press. You know he kind of thinks that way, remember his comments after Princess Diana's crash. He just hasn't found anyone worth progressing or maybe he did with Stacy who knows.

Now can you imagine the comments he would get if he brought one of the boys, especially Waldo the hairdresser.

Dating a more private woman?

Sounds pretty romantic if he would protect her from the media.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:49

madsky wrote:The only other reason I can think of is that he might be dating, not marrying, a more private woman/women who really don't like the publicity and criticism that goes with being George's date. Hugh Jackman's wife said it was upsetting the comments about her being his beard and him being gay? Now don't blast me that he is, because there is no proof I've ever seen about that, and if he is just a nice married guy they are getting a lot of crap. I think with the never getting married perennial bachelor George it would be worse.

I think Hugh's wife isn't thrilled about it has merit. They have been married for 16 years and they have adopted two kids. She has put her acting career predominantly on hold to support him and his career. To call him gay and her his beard could be offensive to her after all they have endured together and what she has sacrified for their family. Both have been open about her inability to conceive naturally and/or carry to term. People who call their relationship fake, she may see it as, calling them liars about their struggle to fall pregnant and I can only assume the level of loss, grief and hurt that comes with desperately wanting a family naturally but not being able to bring it to fruition.

And considering a lot of the gay rumours come from the bitchy comments of "if he was straight he would have traded her in for some hot young thing once he made it big", well that would piss me off too. I think his wife is just tired of it - especially during the spotlight of an Oscars campaign. She has denied it. He has denied it. Yet people keep stating it as God's honest truth. That would get on my nerves too. Not being called gay but basically being called a liar and a fraud.

Last edited by watching on Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:57; edited 1 time in total
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:57

Dior wrote:

Dating a more private woman?

Sounds pretty romantic if he would protect her from the media.

Not so romantic to me when he takes another woman to Cabo repeatedly and to Como for the summer and is seen holding her hand, kissing her and joking about her "wrestling" skills.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 01 Mar 2013, 13:03

And yet, although the wives prefer to take a back seat, none of these men has a pretend girlfriend or fake wife to take the heat off her.

George can date a woman and not make it a public thing - we've already seen that in the women who've come forward and claimed that they've dated him in the past 10 years that we never knew about. There's no need to cover it up with another woman.

Imagine being that 'private girlfriend for a minute and what that would really entail: imagine seeing your boyfriend kissing another woman in public, holding her hand, putting his arm around her; imagine never being able to get in a car with him, sit next to him at a restaurant, go on a boat trip with him in Italy because the fake is there in your place; imagine having a hotel room down the corridor from him (or even on another floor) and having to sneak in and out of his; always being treated as one of the hangers on in his group, never being able to have a conversation with him in public in case someone overhears; imagine never being able to tell anyone that you're dating him in case the secret gets out. Imagine never being able to go outside his home with him, just the two of you, in case someone spots you. All this for a man who treats you much like a shameful secret, will never meet your family, will never go to anything that's important to you and won't marry you? That's not a relationship, that's sexual servitude.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Fri 01 Mar 2013, 13:47

Katiedot you are assuming a committed girlfriend relationship. I was saying dating. I know a lot of people don't do that anymore, but George really does strike me as a guy who probably does.

I think he might, and for all I knew he did this with Stacy, test them out- for lack of better word, and see if they can handle his lifestyle before he subjects them to it or even if he wants to make it more public. I am sorry, I also think he has multiple girlfriends, ladies, etc. probably pretty much most of the time. He has never said he was exclusive with any of them.

Now I am not really calling George and Stacy a fauxmance, because I think he basically has very casual relationships that everyone escalates to these love relationships.

However, I do not see the point of any celebrity having a fake relationship to prove he is not gay. Which seems to be the only reason people thinks to have a fauxmance, and I was trying to come up with other reasons. Cause generally people say she is a beard and they are gay anyway. Best to me is just to say no comment. Now the only real reason I see for a fauxmance is if it sells the product a movie or something, but if you get caught with that as others said here there appears to be a lot of backlash.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 01 Mar 2013, 16:42

Yes, I was assuming a committed relationship in the above post. Have to be honest, I didn't really think about casual dating needing to be covered up by a fake girlfriend, but now you've mentioned it, it would make him look better: monogamous, rather than sleazy, right?

I've also often suspected that he may have a string of girlfriends. Maybe not so much now he's older, although Viagra has a lot to answer for, but when he was younger, definitely.

He did once say how ridiculous it was that a man as famous as him could possibly two-time a woman because he'd be found out intantly by the paparazzi but I think that's a little disingenuous. We all know he can disappear when he wants to.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 01 Mar 2013, 16:58

At his age I don't think he'd have a "pretend" girlfriend. Now a one-night stand would be believable. I don't think he could remain celebant for weeks or months at a time. In spite of the pedestal he's on he is after all just a man. And we all know how that goes! LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 01 Mar 2013, 17:22

Has George ever made a statement that they are dating? I thought George and SK have been friends before recently "going public" together. Perhaps he is just helping an old friend in her career, and she is being company for him at events. Perhaps even a friend with benefits? And no, it doesnt bother me if they are not truly dating.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 17:28

I don't think they leaves you the option to think it's just a friendship when she claims it's their house and it must be love when your boyfriend takes you to a Ravens game, et al and etc. What's being portrayed is a romantic relationship in words, actions and lack of actions (no denials, rebuttals, etc.), IMO.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 01 Mar 2013, 17:32

true, but that's SK's version, havent heard love come from George's side of camp
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next