George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS

+27
Dior
cindigirl
Joanna
NotAvailable
lelacorb
very vera
Lakin460
The next mrs clooney
cupcake
janieb
Missa
m4rose
Way2Old4Dis
ktsue2002
MM
melbert
party animal - not!
Best in Category
Margaret
Bidbod
lucy
Katiedot
LornaDoone
bamboochacha
silly girl
OofOof
theminis
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who will Stacy wear at the Oscars?

Marchesa

Armani

Oscar De La Renta

Valentino

Elie Saab

Vera Wang

None of the above

Something unusual we've never heard of

She's not going

Cavalli

View results

WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 Empty Re: WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS

Post by lelacorb Sat 16 Feb 2013, 06:13

Why no Cavalli, at Bafta almost all the women wore Cavalli!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS - Page 2 Empty Re: WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS

Post by NotAvailable Sat 16 Feb 2013, 09:08

Well I am not a Stacey fan, and she prolly won't wear something like this...

But I could see her looking good in something deep royal Blue, but lighter than the dark blues. It could have the deep breast slash as long as it had the lace cover up to keep all in place and still visible. Think that would like classy and stylish also, make with some kind of dolmen sleeves maybe in lace. In blues lace looks beautiful and awesome. her coloring and hair would also look great with it.

Maybe a style of hair that was swept to one side and in several long curls or locks. Thats a lovely look I have seen on others and her hair is long enough to make that look good too. Real long curls from close to the ear point maybe. It would thicken her hair a bit or make it look thicker.

But I don't think she would even consider it, tho it would be a good color for her and a great idea for her last carpet event. The deep blue lace rocks. Cleavage looks good under it.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:50

Life's all about connections. Just taken a look at Marchesa Fall 2013 on WMA and no 4 looks lovely. Not outshining Jennifer may be a consideration too

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 16 Feb 2013, 16:42

I know why stars wear Marchesa...those "connection s Party mentioned. ..but why they choose it more than the obligatory once is beyond me! I had better prom dresses than these suckers! I think its a shame that because the designer came from a wealthy background and married Harvey W that she sells while some new designer struggles. Its the same with Stella McCartney. I think most of her designs make whoever wears them look horrible. Had she been born to a different family I doubt she would be selling. But as Party said its all about connections, sadly more than talent.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Feb 2013, 17:45

Does anyone else think like me that maybe George is too busy
in Europe this year to attend the Oscars ?

What do you all think ? Has they're been any mention of him attending ?

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Feb 2013, 17:58

I think His Nibs'll be there, Jo. Good publicity for next film, nominations, possible win, and his GF has said 'See you there' to Ryan Seacrest when discussing the Superbowl. Can't imagine him wanting to miss it...........all part of the job description

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 16 Feb 2013, 18:01

Joanna - this video might give a hint - at the 1:18 point where the interviewer asks him about his chances at the Oscars then she says "see you at the Oscars" and he says OK.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sat 16 Feb 2013, 18:14

the age gap between the two will be more prominent with the beard IMO. The Oscars will be funny when they are together... "grandfather grandfather," - Stacy

Not voting i care more about what jennifer garner is wearing ( A REAL woman)

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 16 Feb 2013, 18:30

Even though he is busy I really think he will show up for the event. Argo seems like it has a great chance of winning best picture and he would want to be there for that as it will be a huge achievement for him, grant and ben. I dont think he'll be there for any of the pre parties just for the ceremony, maybe an after party then right back to Berlin.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sat 16 Feb 2013, 18:54

The next mrs clooney wrote:Even though he is busy I really think he will show up for the event. Argo seems like it has a great chance of winning best picture and he would want to be there for that as it will be a huge achievement for him, grant and ben. I dont think he'll be there for any of the pre parties just for the ceremony, maybe an after party then right back to Berlin.

I agree TNMC... huge achievement!! I've liked Ben Affleck since Jay and Silent Bob. Ever hear of it? it's hilarious.

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Feb 2013, 20:16

Thank you Cindi, party and tnmc for your valued opinions about George and the Oscars.
Time will tell soon enough...Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 16 Feb 2013, 21:13

cindigirl wrote:Joanna - this video might give a hint - at the 1:18 point where the interviewer asks him about his chances at the Oscars then she says "see you at the Oscars" and he says OK.

Actually CindiGirl, I think he said "thank you-thank you". I didn't hear "OK".
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 16 Feb 2013, 21:22

Can't imagine him missing it when there's a good chance Argo will win. I agree with the consensus he will go to the Oscars and maybe one party then back to Berlin.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Feb 2013, 21:28

Pleasure, Jo. How are you?

Forever I have loved looking at the dresses on that Red Carpet - poor George! Hope he wears the BAFTA gear - very very smart, and probably more comfortable..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 16 Feb 2013, 21:35

And I always loved to watch the speeches.
Most of the times I zapped in after the red carpet show, how different people can be....
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 16 Feb 2013, 21:39

I am thinking he will go to. Although if they win---and it isn't a guarantee that they will--I would think he won't give the acceptance speech. This is the last award and it always seems to be rushed so I am hoping they would let BA do the talking.

Getting back on topic---she might go with someone new. Her Stylist is in London at the moment so who knows.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 16 Feb 2013, 22:59

Winning Best Picture is a big deal in Hollywood and Argo has been winning everything. I don't think the Academy is going to suddenly decide some other flick was Best Picture given that the Directors, Producers and Actors Guilds gave it Best Picture.

There are a lot of older Academy members who are not active in the industry but are still voting members so that's why there seemed to be a few years where a film was winning every other award but then didn't win a Best Picture Oscar. Of course that's my opinion based on observation of these awards for too many years to count.

I do hope George goes even if the baggage goes with him. If they win Best Picture I think it would be an achievement he'd want to be there for - many never win and for those who do it's often just a once in a lifetime event so I doubt George would miss the opportunity to be there to win the award.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 16 Feb 2013, 23:25

Hahaha, baggage, I mixed this up with luggage and thought??
Although, if he brought a suitcase it would detract from her dress, might be a good idea.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 16 Feb 2013, 23:32

I agree LornaDoone that the chances of them winning is good but I also remember when sure things have lost. Not every year but there have been upsets in the past. I am just thinking that the voters might not vote for Argo because they think it is "in the bag" so to speak.

Personally I would hope the upset would be in the Best Actor category. Not that DDL isn't great but we already know that. I would love the voters to reward someone else.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 16 Feb 2013, 23:48

Has DDL won an oscar already? Can't remember...CRS syndrome.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 17 Feb 2013, 00:52

I think Stacey will be there, and likely will wear Marchesa (spelling) so far I've really not cared for Marchesa's designs but *shrug* I voted she wouldn't be there just to be oppositional. Very Happy i'm sure she will be Smile

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 17 Feb 2013, 01:16

Yes she will be there although she might want to try a new designer.

Yes DDL has won twice before. For My Left Foot back in 1989 and There Will Be Blood in 2007 (he beat out GC that year) .

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 17 Feb 2013, 01:27

party animal - not! wrote:Forever I have loved looking at the dresses on that Red Carpet - poor George! Hope he wears the BAFTA gear - very very smart, and probably more comfortable..........
Dammit, no! He should have to wear Marchesa too!

Now wouldn't that be a showstopper!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 17 Feb 2013, 01:44

That would be wonderful and while we are at it, I think George and the rest of the men at the Oscars should be required to wear 6 inch heels!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 17 Feb 2013, 04:06

Katiedot wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:Forever I have loved looking at the dresses on that Red Carpet - poor George! Hope he wears the BAFTA gear - very very smart, and probably more comfortable..........
Dammit, no! He should have to wear Marchesa too!

Now wouldn't that be a showstopper!

And going back to my suggestion that since George has been nominated in seven different categories that he should do a remake of Tootsie and then vie for Best Actress! I think he'd look good in a dress, wig and heels, much better than Dustin that's for sure! He'd have to do something about those eyebrows tho... Very Happy

But I digress it's all about Stacy's dress. Ah heck, whatever as long as I can't see her melons and ass I'll be happy.

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 04:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : is it me or is it spell auto correct? Geez)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 17 Feb 2013, 04:27

Based on past dresses I think we are going to be melon watching for sure and probably getting a good view of her bottom as well.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Sun 17 Feb 2013, 07:57

I hope he's going so we can have more pics , and beside's that if he wins an oscar double joy for us cheers
cupcake
cupcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 17 Feb 2013, 11:14

I already voted that she was not going in the begining however with her figure it would be hard for anything to fall out; unless she puts it out. With some of the bodices I would be afaid my girls would jump out at some point.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 18 Feb 2013, 03:39

A gay male friend was telling me what the "cleanses" are really for. To help keep the back side entry as clean as possible. ugh, that was all I needed to know. I am not sure this character knows this for certain. But he claims that many of the male gays get requests to do the cleanses for that purpose. Have no idea... But it would bother the ell out of me if a man requested me to do something I feel is inherently dangerous for me, just for his "special interest" pleasure...
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 18 Feb 2013, 06:44

Well thanks JoanieJD for that um, info that I wish I had never read! :-)

Oh well, it does seem like the die is cast now with the Writer's and Editor's Guild awards this weekend for Argo.

Whether there is a gasp-inducing upset or not - George will HAVE to be there now.

Oscars is THE award everyone wants and Best Picture is a BIG DEAL so George and Stacy will be there - unless she suddenly develops a bad case of flu or that virus that's going around.

Hey not wishing anything bad on her just saying that so many celebs have been sick (and still showing up for the award shows).

But now that I think about it, even if she did get sick they'd find a way to pump her up with some drugs, strap a dress and some heels on her, primp the hair, slap on the makeup and push her out of the car onto the red carpet.

Just sayin'... Very Happy
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 18 Feb 2013, 07:20

Thanks Lorna. Ias I read the first line of your post I laughed so hard I twisted my back out! Stinker!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 19 Feb 2013, 04:15

Wow, sorry to hear that.

I've been laughing at stuff here today and laughing so much that I've been coughing up a storm (allergies are kicking in I think).

Anyway, glad I made you laugh, sorry about your back!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 19 Feb 2013, 07:39

Well, I'm sorry my info was so wow wow. I always thought it was about removing toxins from the body. But apparently thats just the type of cleanse that can be healthier, since doing it a lot. yet to do it makes one too thin, loose muscle mass after a while, they become more feminine, as hormones are effected too it seems, and a lot of them are going bald.

It sounds like it would be very hard on a woman's female organs and digestive tract too. Prolonged use of it can wipe out the natural environment inside the intestines, such as special systemic organisms that live there that help to get rid of many dangerous things. Without these we would soon get sick and die. Younger ppl can regrow back their organisms but it does take time. It also seems like a lot of women who use ti are having problems having children too. With prolonged use of it.

No man is worth that. Just saying... and sorry if its a toucharoni subject...
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 19 Feb 2013, 07:56

It wasn't the subject of cleanses but the reason your friends gave you for doing the cleanses that was so "wow wow" Joanie. Your points about cleanses, especially if you do them regularly, being unhealthy are well taken.

Having had a few colonoscopies in my life, and drinking Go Lightly in preparation for them, I must tell you, I don't know how "clean" a cleanse will get your back end if you know what I mean. Kind of don't think that's why Stacy and other models are doing them. Think it's more to lose weight but what the heck do I know!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 19 Feb 2013, 08:52

Too much information, yuck!
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 19 Feb 2013, 09:28

Back on Topic

Lela - have added Cavalli if you wish to still vote.

Thank you Katie for your assistance.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 21 Feb 2013, 05:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 21 Feb 2013, 07:15

I cant imagine spending money on frivalties, like oxygen facials. Get a good old fashioned facial and send the rest of the money to some charity.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 21 Feb 2013, 08:53

Honestly, there are days I look in the mirror and would probably run to the nearest salon if I could find one, however most days lucky if I can find the mirror - the image in my head is way better anyhoo. HA
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Thu 21 Feb 2013, 10:57

OofOof wrote:It wasn't the subject of cleanses but the reason your friends gave you for doing the cleanses that was so "wow wow" Joanie. Your points about cleanses, especially if you do them regularly, being unhealthy are well taken.

Having had a few colonoscopies in my life, and drinking Go Lightly in preparation for them, I must tell you, I don't know how "clean" a cleanse will get your back end if you know what I mean. Kind of don't think that's why Stacy and other models are doing them. Think it's more to lose weight but what the heck do I know!

Yeah. I had some of those too. But its been a few years. Since my husband passed. But they only asked me to eat my last meal followed by a 24 hr period and make it a light meal. With some fruit. That was a type I guess. 24 hrs later, hungry as a bear and empty stomach. But last I will say on the subject as its uncomfortable.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:08

Yeah, I can't imagine just spending that kind of money on a facial. There are ways to do those yourself. If you know how to use ordinary equipment and items around your house.

Steam for sweating part that softens your face(I use a plastic bag with small holes in it to cover my face and head), use a soft bristle scrub that rotates or turns, best if you have two that turn counter to each other, for gentle scrub. Can use beauty bar soaps or try your best bet on some lotion for facial scrub, a nice toning lotion afterwards and pat dry. then your fav cream or make up base lotion. I only do once a week. But I steam every day. and use the toner and cream. It really feels good too. they are paying someone to pamper them instead of doing it themselves.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:15

I've got a face steamer machine, that I sometimes put menthol in to clear up my sinuses, get a good face steam at the same time. I then usually just lather on a night repair cream - prob is I don't do that regularly enough.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 21 Feb 2013, 17:22

If somebody told me to do a massive cleanse, I will tell them, "Va pooping ."
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 22 Feb 2013, 17:25

Her stylist was on Good Morning America this morning. He talked about her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

can't find embed button

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Fri 22 Feb 2013, 18:07

Well he is certainly interesting........
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 Feb 2013, 18:32

Yep. He seems like good fun. And he's dressing SK and best friend!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Healy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 00:20

[deleted by Katiedot for breaking forum rules on libel and abuse]
Evelyn Healy
Evelyn Healy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 24 Feb 2013, 01:04

For those that are interested:

38% think that Stacy is not going to Oscars, time will tell very shortly.

Marchesa leading the way with 29% of the votes

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Feb 2013, 01:56

theminis wrote:For those that are interested:

38% think that Stacy is not going to Oscars, time will tell very shortly.

Marchesa leading the way with 29% of the votes

Didn't she tweet a photo of her Oscar ticket envelope?

I think she'll be there and more importantly, I want to see what she's wearing - and I want to see if Joan Rivers says anything about her the next day on Fashion Police! They're doing an extended hour and half show for the Oscars so more than likely Stacy will be mentioned.

I actually had no issues with her Golden Globes dress. I think that was the awards where she wore the black Armani? But it also didn't make me gasp with appreciation either.

And just an interesting thing I noticed which I never knew - a lot of the women at the Golden Globes were saying they were wearing such and such designer and then saying Atelier. For instance, Versace Atelier, I didn't understand that but looked it up. In French the word means "workshop." So I've been assuming that means that the designer himself may not have designed it but someone who works for him? If anyone here from the European side of the pond has more info on that I'd appreciate if you could let me know if that's correct.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 24 Feb 2013, 02:26

Yes, she did tweet a photo of her ticket.

Ive often wondered what the Atelier means and also when they say Armani Prive', which apparently is the same as Armani Couture.

Giorgio Armani started all the lines such as Armani Emporio, Armani Prive, Armani Jeans, Armani Exchange and many others. That's the extent of my knowledge being that hubby is a fan.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next