George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) EmptyToday at 14:00 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention)

+3
Joanna
silly girl
lelacorb
7 posters

Go down

The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) Empty The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention)

Post by lelacorb Wed 28 Nov 2012, 21:00

The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts
Why you aren't likely to see really short skirts on women over 40.

BY: CYNTHIA NELLISNOVEMBER 28, 2012LEAVE A COMMENTPRINT

SOURCE: GETTY IMAGES
Sure, it looks good on the red carpet. But can you even sit? Stacy Keibler and Heidi Klum prove my point about why more women over 40 don't wear sexy miniskirts.
SHARE THIS STORY
nd in celebrity red carpet dressing? Sexy mini skirts and dresses.

How do I know it's a major trend? Even America's sweetheart Taylor Swift has gone the micro miniskirt route.

I'm seeing short skirts on women – mostly 20-somethings – everywhere. Mile-long legs are the new erogenous zone.

I've always felt that younger gals keep searching for fashion trends their moms can't wear. Low-rise jeans? Started out with just girls, but hotter moms found they could pull them off. Same with leggings, skinny jeans, knit caps, tattoos, etc.

The one thing that has always been harder to pull off over 40 is miniskirts.

Now, you may think it's because shows like "What Not to Wear" say things like "No miniskirts over 35." And, perhaps that's part of the problem.

But I have another theory: It's not that we don't have the legs or guts to pull off short shirts. Many of us (myself not included) do.

No, I think the real reason that women over don't wear sexy mini skirts is because we're older and wiser. We're smart enough now to know if you can't even sit comfortably in a skirt, you should probably skip it.

Just look at Heidi Klum and Stacy Keibler trying to sit in these microminis. Awkward, at best.

How do you know if your skirt is too short? If you try to use your clutch to cover your private areas.

Just sayin'….http://style.lifegoesstrong.com/article/real-reason-we-dont-wear-sexy-miniskirts

look pic at link
from twitter Einstein Clooney ‏@EinsteinClooney
How do you know if your skirt is too short? If you try to use your clutch to cover your private areas. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) Empty Re: The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention)

Post by silly girl Wed 28 Nov 2012, 21:34

Ok now that is funny....thx Wink

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention) Empty Re: The Real Reason We Don't Wear Sexy Miniskirts ( Stacy mention)

Post by Joanna Thu 29 Nov 2012, 00:00

When I wore mini skirts in the 70's I remember how rough the cinema seats felt on our thighs in the summer months
with no tights on ! Lol
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 29 Nov 2012, 01:53

Pretty funny stuff Joanna. (-: Hadn't seen those photos. The dresses they both wore to the AMA awards show were way too short even for them! They looked like they were trying too hard.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Thu 29 Nov 2012, 04:57

Stacy needed to be sitting with her legs off to one side or the other (like Heidi),NOT with her legs straight in front of her. That was a bit too much!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Thu 29 Nov 2012, 05:51

I wore them before my 20s and that was only because someone else had bought them for me. I din't care for them really. I was not one to show off my azz, tho I was a mere 98 lbs and only 5 ft 2. It just didn't ever feel comfortable. Embarassed
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 29 Nov 2012, 10:28

Neither of them has legs to wear mini skirts so short any more (klum, keipler).

Interesting people can always dress what suits them and get attention.

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down