George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS

+27
Dior
cindigirl
Joanna
NotAvailable
lelacorb
very vera
Lakin460
The next mrs clooney
cupcake
janieb
Missa
m4rose
Way2Old4Dis
ktsue2002
MM
melbert
party animal - not!
Best in Category
Margaret
Bidbod
lucy
Katiedot
LornaDoone
bamboochacha
silly girl
OofOof
theminis
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who will Stacy wear at the Oscars?

Marchesa

Armani

Oscar De La Renta

Valentino

Elie Saab

Vera Wang

None of the above

Something unusual we've never heard of

She's not going

Cavalli

View results

WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS Empty WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS

Post by theminis Fri 01 Feb 2013, 00:47

Following on from something Oof posted in another thread, for those that are interested you can make a guess as to what Stacy will be wearing if/when she goes to the Oscars with George.

I will go first.

Armani
Something red/white possibly strapless

Over to you.....

Last edited by theminis on Tue 19 Feb 2013, 09:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Cavalli to Poll option)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS Empty Re: WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS

Post by OofOof Fri 01 Feb 2013, 01:08

Way to go theminis! Was too tired to start another topic.

I'm going with Marchesa because she's now working for Georgina's hubby and that seems to be the way Hollywood works. Hope it's Armani as her last dress was so much nicer than any of the Marchesa dresses she's worn.

I just don't like much of what they do on anyone. They all look like the prom dresses of my high school years and that is NOT a complement!!!! Ha ha! I checked out their new line and it's all feathers and tulle. God help her if she has to choose from their line for the Oscars!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS Empty Re: WHO/WHAT WILL STACY WEAR TO THE OSCARS

Post by silly girl Fri 01 Feb 2013, 01:15

I thought so too OofOof but she wore Marchesa last year. I do agree that she wore Armani for the GG so won't do that again. I am going to go old school and think Oscar del Renta or Elie Saab.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Fri 01 Feb 2013, 02:04

I think it depends on which female in clooney's life she is wanting to emulate. Last year was it not Ms Jolie with the rose on the hip thing. Very Happy
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 01 Feb 2013, 03:30

I think even though she wore Marchesa last year she'll do it again this year because of Harvey. That job is important to her and the only reason Georgina has so many actresses wearing her designs is because of Harvey.

If she doesn't wear Harvey's wife, think she might go with Armani again because of George's affiliation with them. She is a pleaser and that would please him and them.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 01 Feb 2013, 03:46

I liked her Armani dress hated her Oscar's dress from last year. Not sure but just hope it's not something plunging that will need tape. Too much potential for mishaps on the red carpet.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 01 Feb 2013, 04:00

yeah...I don't know how women do those dresses. I checked out Marchesa for this year and almost all of them are those gawd awful see through contraptions that, in my opinion, are just plain ugly. She had several tops which are see through and the boobs are covered by a pattern but if you turned wrong or quickly, seems like one of the girls would escape from the coverage!

It just seems like all those cleavage bearing, side boob bearing, cut out things would be hard to wear!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Fri 01 Feb 2013, 04:33

I think she should wear wrestling bright blue glittered short shorts under an open front animal print skirt, red,white and blue sparkley go-go boots, an orange feather boa, with designer rhinestones glued to the side of her eyes. And...a bright red wrestling cape if it's a cold day.

It's about time that girl feels comfortable with herself and what she is wearing outside of her norm. Very Happy
bamboochacha
bamboochacha

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 01 Feb 2013, 04:35

bamboochacha wrote:I think she should wear wrestling bright blue glittered short shorts under an open front animal print skirt, red,white and blue sparkley go-go boots, an orange feather boa, with designer rhinestones glued to the side of her eyes. And...a bright red wrestling cape if it's a cold day.

It's about time that girl feels comfortable with herself and what she is wearing outside of her norm. Very Happy

You discussing Stacy or Lady Gaga? Braahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 01 Feb 2013, 04:35

I've just added a poll to the original question (because I love polls!!)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 01 Feb 2013, 04:36

I just voted in the poll - first one so it's at 100%

I picked "she's not going" cause it's wishful thinking!!!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Fri 01 Feb 2013, 04:40

LornaDoone wrote:
bamboochacha wrote:I think she should wear wrestling bright blue glittered short shorts under an open front animal print skirt, red,white and blue sparkley go-go boots, an orange feather boa, with designer rhinestones glued to the side of her eyes. And...a bright red wrestling cape if it's a cold day.

stacey.
bamboochacha
bamboochacha

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 05:20

A really expensive dress.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 01 Feb 2013, 06:12

Lorna you're a hoot! I think we should do a poll as to whether or not George will pull a George and go to the Oscars with her but then a few weeks later split from her.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Fri 01 Feb 2013, 07:39

I hope not Marchesa. That was too much 'try' last year. She doesn't need a stand alone statement dress but one that compliments them as a couple and what makes her look like part of a comfortable couple. She doesn't suit frills and frou frou and fuss. Classic lines. The red Valentino for GG last year was for me one of her better looks. The Armani this year was fine as well. Or the red Versace she wore for the Met Ball after parties with Torrie and ARod. I'd like to see her pull off just once, a polished, classy, tailored look. Will they be topping up their tan before the Oscars, or will it be badly applied fake bake, body glitter and bad hair? Question

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Fri 01 Feb 2013, 07:40

I totally agree with bamboochacha, stacy should wear one of her wrestling outfits. Those outfits suit her. Laughing
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Fri 01 Feb 2013, 07:56

Voted armani
it´s like pay one get two deal.
Color: I bet it´s blue Very Happy

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:45

Yep. Armani Prive has alot of midnight blue stuff in the new Paris collection, and can't see much in Marchesa except a pretty turquoise job.

Anyone any idea how all this works? Do the stylists run around trying to make sure they don't all end up with the same dress? In this instance maybe there's some consideration to be low key and not upstage Jennifer Garner..........get me on a plane somebody and take me thro the process!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:50

One stylist (long time ago) told me that she went to the designers (say Armani) and her contact there would already know which Armania outfit each celebrity was wearing or offered to avoid clash. In other cases, the stylist was approached by contact from designer(s) and offered what is considered the must have dress from their collection (depending on whether star is A or D list etc). This was a very long time ago so don't know if it still works that way...
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:07

Mm, I thought it must be something like that just to deal with the 'non-clashing' dilemmas and hystrionics. Vital stuff, eh?

I think it's quite impressive that SK got the Armani dress hot off the catwalk of his new collection in Paris. She must have connections somewhere, I think...........

Btw, Cate Blanchett's dress for the Aussie Academy Awards was pretty amazing. (Loose connection here: Monuments Men)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:36

I agree, Cate Blanchett is consistently stylish.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 01 Feb 2013, 14:04

bamboochacha wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:

stacey.
Or Hulk Hogan? hahahaha
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 01 Feb 2013, 16:38

I hope that Stacy does not wear anything like that trashy beige low-cut front-and-back dress that she wore that one time. I felt so embarrassed for George, Nick and Nina to have to see Stacy's assets.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Fri 01 Feb 2013, 17:48

Regardless of what she wears, if she attends with Mr. Clooney, she will have the best accessory of all, Mr. Clooney to sit beside her. She could have a bag over her head, and still be the luckiest woman in the room. And of course, since I live vicariously through her (sometimes), I am completely jealous! LOL
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 01 Feb 2013, 19:22

I know absolutely nothing about designers or their signature styles, but last Oscar night SK looked like she was trying waaaay too effing hard, and needs to tone it down several notches this year. Something subdued but still a standout in elegance. She's dating a modern classic, FFS; anything else clashes.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 02 Feb 2013, 02:12

I still think it's Marchesa, sadly, because she's working for Harvey now and from what I've read, the only reason so many stars wear Marchesa is because they're sucking up to Harvey.

If it's not Marchesa, then I'd go with Armani because she does have an in with them--George.

I too hope it's subtle and not too try hard but if it's Marchesa, Georgina whatever her name is doesn't know what subtlety is.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 02 Feb 2013, 02:15

Wow! Just looked at the Poll and more people think she's not going than anything else. So, is that just wishful thinking or do y'all really think that?

Guess I'm too much of a cynic and realist. George doesn't seem to like going to events like the Oscars alone. Even if they were on their way to splitsville, I seriously don't think it will be before the Oscars.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 02 Feb 2013, 02:24

It's wishful thinking, or a hope that George isn't going.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Sat 02 Feb 2013, 02:27

The year George won for Syriana, did he take someone or did he go alone? I've slept since then and don't remember. Either that or I have eaten too many jelly beans and I am in a sugar coma.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 02 Feb 2013, 02:38

Good God Rose I can't believe I may know this one...it means I've spent way too much time on this site reading all the good stuff you've collected. I think I remember seeing pictures of him after winning Syriana in the car with Krista (her name?), holding his statue and looking quite happy.

Now...return to your jelly beans and happy coma!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 02 Feb 2013, 02:39

Oops! Meant to also say that several people on this site wrote or quoted paps saying he went alone and hid Krista away from the cameras.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Feb 2013, 03:21

Reportedly Krista cried in her beer at a bar, cuz' he didn't take her, but then picked her up afterwards.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 02 Feb 2013, 04:18

melbert wrote:Reportedly Krista cried in her beer at a bar, cuz' he didn't take her, but then picked her up afterwards.

Yea, I remember that. He hides her for the awards then picks her up afterward and still gets papped. Should have just taken her! HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 02 Feb 2013, 04:21

As to Stacy if she told Ryan Seacrest on the radio yesterday that she'd see him the I guess she'll be there.

Argo having won all these pre-Oscar awards looks like the one to beat so I can't see George NOT showing up. And if he goes, she'll go - as much as we "I and me" hope she wouldn't.

Oh well, Oscars is the last big show isn't it? Then George will be in Europe for months so maybe we'll get relief from the Stacy Pap Show!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 02 Feb 2013, 04:48

Think your wish will be fulfilled Lorna, after the Oscars. She hasn't really been papped much in the past few months, without George around, so when he goes back to Europe, I don't think we'll see much of her, unless she goes with him.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 03 Feb 2013, 18:24

Ooops, just noticed that this was in the wrong part of the forum, so i've moved it to the Girls girls Girls section in case anyone was wondering.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 03 Feb 2013, 18:38

LornaDoone wrote:
melbert wrote:Reportedly Krista cried in her beer at a bar, cuz' he didn't take her, but then picked her up afterwards.

Yea, I remember that. He hides her for the awards then picks her up afterward and still gets papped. Should have just taken her! HA!

Yeah, I think his official date was Stan - that's who was sitting next to him when he won, anyway. And he gave William Hurt, who was in Syriana but nominated in the same category for something else, a big fat kiss before going up to get the trophy. Never seen that much public affection for a girlfriend. Very Happy

As for the dress, I voted "she's not going", because if I've learned anything from Oprah, it's that you have to put out into the universe what you want to get back. Wink Since she almost certainly is going, and it will hopefully be her last hurrah as "girlfriend of", I'm hoping for something in blue, or plum maybe. Those shades work nicely with her coloring, and I'm not a big fan of red dresses on a red carpet.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Sun 03 Feb 2013, 19:33

I voted Oscar de La Renta. I did like the red dress she wore to last years GG's. I also like the look she had for the Carousel Ball she went to without George.
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 03 Feb 2013, 20:10

Janie, I believe she went to that ball as George's date. The ball was in honor of him.

I'd love to see her in Oscar! I love so much of what they do but I don't know if it fits her personality. I know Charlize T is a Dior girl but Oscar would fit her style more than Stacy. Not sure what designer I'd say fits with Stacy. She's still fine tuning her style sense so it's kind of fun to watch. Thinking back to that dress from her first public outing with George to now, she's come a long way!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Sun 03 Feb 2013, 21:40

I would say Armani since George knows him, an in the last years some of his girlifriends wore Armani , about the color l'm not sure purple , black , or even yellow
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 03 Feb 2013, 23:02

She'll be wearing PJ's because she will be watching it from the couch like the rest of us lol!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 03 Feb 2013, 23:46

Yep, maybe, but they will be Armani PJ's!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 03 Feb 2013, 23:58

The next mrs clooney wrote:She'll be wearing PJ's because she will be watching it from the couch like the rest of us lol!

At least in that case the rat's nest hair would be appropriate. Smile
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 04 Feb 2013, 02:11

Me thinks there's going to be some sad COH members on the Oscars day Not worthy
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 04 Feb 2013, 06:54

The only reason any of us care, is cause she'll be wearing GTC on the red carpet. If she isn't than I couldn't care less what she wears. Wish he had a GF I at least hated or liked, but I just don't feel anything.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:46

OofOof wrote:I still think it's Marchesa, sadly, because she's working for Harvey now and from what I've read, the only reason so many stars wear Marchesa is because they're sucking up to Harvey.

If it's not Marchesa, then I'd go with Armani because she does have an in with them--George.

I too hope it's subtle and not too try hard but if it's Marchesa, Georgina whatever her name is doesn't know what subtlety is.

I voted Marchesa, too, for all the same reasons. Ditto for me!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 16 Feb 2013, 03:22

Here is a link to ET online with 5 possible Marchesa monstrosities someone--Stacy-- may pick for the Oscars. Don't know how to link photos.

Since the fashion house debuted in 2004, Marchesa's glamorous gowns have been red carpet staples and catapulted countless women onto the Best Dressed List.

Now that their Fall 2013 collection has been unveiled, everyone is wondering which women will rock Marchesa at this year's Academy Awards.

In 2012, Stacy Keibler made a memorable showing in this fresh off the runway Marchesa gown, so who snag one of this year's styles? To find that out, you'll have to tune in to The Oscars on February 24 -- but ETonline has scoured the selects from last week's runway show and found the 5 gowns that are most likely to be snatched up by Hollywood's A-List!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sat 16 Feb 2013, 04:55

there should be a vote for who cares!! LOL Laughing

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 16 Feb 2013, 05:39

OofOof wrote:Here is a link to ET online with 5 possible Marchesa monstrosities someone--Stacy-- may pick for the Oscars. Don't know how to link photos.

Since the fashion house debuted in 2004, Marchesa's glamorous gowns have been red carpet staples and catapulted countless women onto the Best Dressed List.

Now that their Fall 2013 collection has been unveiled, everyone is wondering which women will rock Marchesa at this year's Academy Awards.

In 2012, Stacy Keibler made a memorable showing in this fresh off the runway Marchesa gown, so who snag one of this year's styles? To find that out, you'll have to tune in to The Oscars on February 24 -- but ETonline has scoured the selects from last week's runway show and found the 5 gowns that are most likely to be snatched up by Hollywood's A-List!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What's with the droopy strapless gowns with one attached armband? hee hee

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 16 Feb 2013, 05:46

Thought that was pretty funny too. Almost all her dresses include that.

Georgina should count her lucky stars she's got her hubby to ensure her success because how anyone could say that she is talented is beyond me! Funny how her brand was established the same year she started dating Weinstein.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next