George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows

+5
lelacorb
OofOof
party animal - not!
silly girl
Katiedot
9 posters

Go down

Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows Empty Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows

Post by Katiedot Mon 04 Feb 2013, 15:39

Thanks to Henway for this link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

‘Cash-in’ week for celebs: Stars pull in big $$ to sit pretty at runways

By TARA PALMERI

Last Updated: 4:27 AM, February 4, 2013

They’re not there for the fashion — they just want their dough.

Chic celebrities such as Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow and Beyoncé are paid big bucks by designers to sit front and center at runway shows during Fashion Week, industry insiders tell The Post.

“A lot of celebrities don’t like going to fashion shows. They are getting flashed in the face with photography,” said one veteran celebrity wrangler.

But the money is just too good to turn down at the Manhattan event, which starts this week.

A-list stars can rake in more than $100,000 in “talent” fees, airfare and free clothing in exchange for appearing at a 15-minute show, the sources said.

B-listers such as Jessica Biel, Alicia Keys and Emma Stone command more than $60,000, while C-listers like Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez get about $30,000.

The D-list crowd — reality stars and sitcom actresses such as “30 Rock’s” Katrina Bowden — typically ask for $3,000 to $10,000, sources said.

In the end, it can actually pay more to be less famous.

The highest-paid stars usually have to sign contracts to make sure they won’t pop up at other shows. But lesser stars don’t have to, insiders said.

That means someone like Zoe Kravitz, daughter of rocker Lenny Kravitz and actress Lisa Bonet, might be paid only $15,000 a pop. But she could make hundreds of thousands over the week by hopping around to shows, they said.

Stars’ price tags change from year to year.

Shortly after actress Eva Mendes began dating actor Ryan Gosling last year, her value skyrocketed because designers were banking on him showing up with her, a fashion exec said.

And singer/DJ Solange Knowles, Beyoncé’s sister who appeared for free last year, won’t be getting out of bed for less than $15,000 this year since she started showing up more in fashion mags, sources said.

On the flip side is George Clooney’s girlfriend, ex-pro wrestler Stacy Keibler.

She was a hot commodity at last fall’s Fashion Week, when she was paid $5,000 just to wear a pair of jeans. But insiders now say she’s not new as a “brand’’ or famous in her own right.

“It’s a competition of who gets who at the show,” explained Alice + Olivia designer Stacey Bendet, who says she makes a point of not paying stars.

“I think it’s weird to pay to have a celebrity there,” she said. “My brand is so much about every woman.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows Empty Re: Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows

Post by silly girl Mon 04 Feb 2013, 15:43

Haven't we been saying this all along. It is not so great being his gf after all. Oh and this is why I don't trust red carpets .... they are just another advertising vehicle.

Oh and I think Eve Mendez is in the same boat although I think she is a bit more bankable.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows Empty Re: Stacy Keibler got paid $5,000 to wear clothes at last year's fashion shows

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 Feb 2013, 17:04

Yep, I think it twas ever thus. Not a bad fee for wearing a pair of jeans while being paid for an appearance on something as well and/or then going on to promote a drink/club/food.

The business way of the world now....and twitter and facebook continue the trend

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 04 Feb 2013, 17:33

I agree Sillygirl that, in the end, being GF of George does little to help in changing their career trajectory, but, in Stacy's case, she was basically making a living doing red carpets and parties anyway. For her, it has raised awareness of who she is, it's just that by using who you're with to increase your "value" you also run the risk of it becoming the only thing you are. Before George she was the ex wrestler and finalist on DWTS. Now, she's always mentioned first as his girlfriend.

Have to say this article made me sad. I know it's the way of the world but it depresses me that we are dividing people into categories of celebrity and those who are on the low end are treated the way they are. I know they generally bring it on themselves but it makes me sad. Then again, being paid $5000 to wear a pair of jeans ain't bad work if you can get it!

Guess this explains why Stacy hasn't been at many shows. And, it will definitely make me even more cynical when I see some big name waxing poetic about so and so designer.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 04 Feb 2013, 21:18

[quote="OofOof"]I agree Sillygirl that, in the end, being GF of George does little to help in changing their career trajectory, but, in Stacy's case, she was basically making a living doing red carpets and parties anyway. For her, it has raised awareness of who she is, it's just that by using who you're with to increase your "value" you also run the risk of it becoming the only thing you are. Before George she was the ex wrestler and finalist on DWTS. Now, she's always mentioned first as his girlfriend.

Have to say this article made me sad. I know it's the way of the world but it depresses me that we are dividing people into categories of celebrity and those who are on the low end are treated the way they are. I know they generally bring it on themselves but it makes me sad. Then again, being paid $5000 to wear a pair of jeans ain't bad work if you can get it!

Guess this explains why Stacy hasn't been at many shows. And, it will definitely make me even more cynical when I see some big name waxing poetic about so and so designer. [/quote
5000 & once or twice a year is not much money if Stacy wants to make a good life that George needs to open his wallet, Stacy perhaps this will be fine but a woman of dignity no!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 06 Feb 2013, 17:47

Well, well, well
if you are after $5000, but to get it you have to invest multible times more (hair, make-up, personal trainers, managers, stylists, clothes, plastic surgeon you name it...) - I can´t see how you are a winner there?

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:07

Because she doesn't get $5000 just the once. She gets it over and over and over again from different fashion brands at different events over the year.

This isn't her main source of income, I assume, so this is all in addition to other money she's making.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:39

Just using SK and this alleged $5,000 as an example...

Having an agent and/or manager takes $1000-1500 off of that right off the bat. Assuming travel and accommodations are comped for the 'talent,' she still has to underwrite those costs for, say, the hairdresser or stylist. Another thousand. She doesn't have to worry about her own meals and drinks, but her traveling support probably gets a per diem. So she's down to a couple grand, and that's before Uncle Sam takes his cut.

But, that appearance gets her picture taken in the right places with the right people, and positions her for the next, better (she hopes) gig. If she does that consistently enough, she makes a nice living until either it pays off with something on a higher level, or she's no longer worth the investment to the buyers and has to do something else.

There are easier ways to make good money and have a good time in your work, but you have to not want to be famous.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:43

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Just using SK and this alleged $5,000 as an example...

Having an agent and/or manager takes $1000-1500 off of that right off the bat. Assuming travel and accommodations are comped for the 'talent,' she still has to underwrite those costs for, say, the hairdresser or stylist. Another thousand. She doesn't have to worry about her own meals and drinks, but her traveling support probably gets a per diem. So she's down to a couple grand, and that's before Uncle Sam takes his cut.

But, that appearance gets her picture taken in the right places with the right people, and positions her for the next, better (she hopes) gig. If she does that consistently enough, she makes a nice living until either it pays off with something on a higher level, or she's no longer worth the investment to the buyers and has to do something else.

There are easier ways to make good money and have a good time in your work, but you have to not want to be famous.

Of $ 5000 to Stacy does not remain in your pocket a lot of money, I know that celebrities invited to fashion shows take € 20,000 just to be there! This happens in Italy in America do not know
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 07 Feb 2013, 09:11

Well I realized she and other d to z-listed (categorisation was not my invention) do these things frequently.

We have 52 weeks in a year. Hers is as long or short as ours. If she did a gig once a week, it means 260 000 gross/year. However, some weeks she has to do more than one in this calculation (due to holidays).

Other works - sure. Let´s say 100 000 for the tv show (they are being generous) and another 200 000 for miscallenous things. Still, seems to me mother market is being stingy with the milk.

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 07 Feb 2013, 13:35

So did she double triple her income thanks to Georgieporgie ?
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 07 Feb 2013, 16:56

What they earn just for a week is more than what alot of young women spend a year of their lives working to earn. So they are lucky (IMO) and should earn it while someone is willing to pay the price.
Eva Mendes only shows up on the red carpet with Ryan when the are in the same film, and that's only happened once. But she has gotten alot more press since becoming Ryan's GF.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down