George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner

+34
doris day
OofOof
pattygirl
kat2030
MyGirlKylie
Joanna
it's me
Katiedot
macs
socimar
premiere
cindigirl
phys major
Michelle meyers
davidarochelle
bellybaby
madsky
party animal - not!
Pari
watching
Natascha
lelacorb
Astras
barla
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
LornaDoone
fava
melbert
silly girl
lovelylois
annemarie
Lakin460
The next mrs clooney
38 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 Empty Re: Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner

Post by annemarie Tue 01 May 2012, 13:18

Now I don't know much about Hollywood other than what I read, but what is the big mystery she calls it a special project, the makeup artist calls it a special project and George says it's a pilot. If it was a secret George let the cat out of the bag so why not just say I was filming my pilot.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner - Page 5 Empty Re: Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner

Post by Lakin460 Tue 01 May 2012, 16:56

the following is a post by someone on Celebitchy after the article about George flying solo at the dinner. I thought the points he/she made were noteworthy, especially about the timeline of the tweets and how quickly you actually get on set after being hired.
Guest says:
April 30, 2012 at 5:38 pm

1) It is rare for a TV show to shoot on a weekend.

2) Pilot season was also in March and while a fair number of cable shows air and film in different months from traditional network shows, they usually tend to follow the traditional pilot season because otherwise actors that a show wants to cast may get locked into other pilot projects and are unavailable.

3) What is this ‘project’ and why is it so hush hush? Just because something is a pilot or a new project does not mean it has to be kept a secret. Far from it, there are numerous sites that report on pilots in development and their cast members. No mention of Stacy Keibler being involved in anything that I have heard about. And, while she Tweeted copious detail about Men at Work which was a guest spot, the new ‘project’ merits no such detail at all, just vagueness.

4) Rarely does someone get cast in a role and then begin filming all in about a week’s time unless it is a student film project. And, about a week ago, Stacy was Tweeting about her dress for the White House Correspondents’ Dinner with no mention of a scheduling conflict and no mention of a new project she had been cast in until after the Dinner was over.

Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 01 May 2012, 17:06

Exactly, why the secrecy , I think George said pilot maybe thinking no one would notice or he had to think quick . But Stacy couldn't say pilot because if it never came up she would be seen as having lied. The makeup artist said what Stacey told him to say. Now, this is all conjecture on my part.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 01 May 2012, 17:16

Maybe Stacy had to be the dogsitter, no ? pity1
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 01 May 2012, 17:20

Atalante wrote:Maybe Stacy had to be the dogsitter, no ? pity1

Lol......

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 01 May 2012, 17:28

Well if their pr people check sites they no the story is not being bought. So they will either announce a split or make an appearance. Or Stacy will tweet Einsteins picture.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 01 May 2012, 18:24

Could it possibly be that there is a press embargo on this information?

E g if someone like Simon Cowell wanted to give SK a presenting job, it would all be very hush-hush until the Big Reveal.

It may be nothing to do with Men At Work at all............

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 01 May 2012, 18:55

Ok, here's another post from Celebitchy that appeared today -

The Original Mia says:
April 30, 2012 at 11:28 pm @Guest, search Twitter for James Lesure & @michaelcassidy. They filmed in studio on Saturday night. Several people went to the filming and tweeted about it. Maybe Stacy was there. Maybe she wasn’t, but that’s what my search found.

Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 01 May 2012, 19:02

Seriously, its not that deep, although I am enjoying playing detective. In their position they had to know this was gonna get noticed all she had to do was tweet.They tried to close the door on break up rumors and now they just blow it open again.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 May 2012, 19:14

I've heard from the BBC that it's "Hamlet on Ice" !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 01 May 2012, 19:22

Or 'The Ravens' - a reworking of that Alfred Hitchcock masterpiece 'The Birds' starring.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 01 May 2012, 19:30

LOL.....

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 01 May 2012, 19:32

Or she had another job - the pilot, as mentioned by George - which did take up her time on Saturday and we're just getting confused by the guest role she had in that other TV show?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 01 May 2012, 19:41

Exactly, Katie. She's got something else in the pipeline. And it's embargoed info

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 01 May 2012, 19:46

That would be great for her hopefully it will help get her career moving. I would actually like to see one of George's girlfriends make a success of their acting. Although I like my mystery writing lol, I like Stacy she seems a nice enough lady I hope they last a while. Now having said that, I also liked Sarah and look how long that lasted.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 01 May 2012, 20:22

Are you sure it isn't a play for more projects for SK now that the gossip sites are hinting at a breakup? Either way it would be great publicity for a show and a way for SK to prove she can really act. Who cares if people tune in hoping for a "train wreck?" And G could fairly as a gentleman create distance.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by adgran Tue 01 May 2012, 20:44

Bear with me - it all ties in with this. Just came from seeing Hunger Games. The long tv promo before movie trailers was for Men At Work. 4 youngish guys out to score with women seems to be the premise. There were 6-8 young women in the promo - all but 1 playing stupid or shallow women. Stacy was not in the promo.

So either Stacy came late as guest star to Men At Work or this is not the "pilot" George referred to or they didn't think her name, face or ability in the role would garner any more viewers than any of the other women. Last I looked, Stacy's "people" hadn't even posted her guest Men At Work on her imdb page - that was this morning before I went out to movie so it might be there now. You'd think her PR people would want any work she got on that page asap.

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 May 2012, 20:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here are the guest stars set to appear this summer on TBS's Men at Work:

Stacy Keibler will play Keri, a gorgeous girl who hooks up with Milo and Gibbs at a bar and offers them an interesting proposition.

Keibler recently starred in Hallmark's Fixing Pete.

In addition, she has guest-starred on such series as
How I Met Your Mother, Chuck, Psych, NTSF:SD:SUV,
George Lopez, What About Brian and October Road.

The former Ravens cheerleader also made it to
the finals on Dancing with the Stars.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 01 May 2012, 21:04

Thanks Joanna for the snyopsis of the show. Hope I don't sound snarky but this show sounds like a low budget version of How I Met Your Mother.

Still I wish her success with it.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 01 May 2012, 21:23

Then that isn't a pilot is it? That would be old news on an already exisitng program?
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 01 May 2012, 21:26

Nope, that's not the pilot or special project she and George talked about. The men at work show she talked about, saying I think she had a great time working on it or something to that effect she tweeted it. One of the guys on the show said she was great to work with and wished her happy travels that was on Friday.

Last edited by annemarie on Tue 01 May 2012, 21:32; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 01 May 2012, 21:29

I agree....this is something really new....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 22:09

annemarie wrote:Seriously, its not that deep, although I am enjoying playing detective. In their position they had to know this was gonna get noticed all she had to do was tweet.They tried to close the door on break up rumors and now they just blow it open again.
On the other hand, had she tweeted in advance of the WHCD, it would have generated just as must 'how come, why not, what's going on?' gossip. And that would have been just as distracting. Could be that's why nothing was said, so as not to make her absence a story in advance of the event actually taking place. In some ways, they couldn't really win. Of course, had she not tweeted like an idiot about the dress fitting etc in the first place, then none of this would have happened.

They really have such a peculiar way of protecting what they comically refer to as their private lives. Same old same old.

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 01 May 2012, 22:47

It would have happened without the dress tweet it had been announced that they were going to attend. So either way questions would arise.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 01 May 2012, 23:20

Yep, its the stiuations that create the stories. Our suppositions do not make stories or headlines. We just react to them. Quarrel 1 Letting off steam Eeek!
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Tue 01 May 2012, 23:35

I think it would have been a non issue if she had tweeted before the event that she was working.
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Wed 02 May 2012, 00:06

I looked up Men at Work and they are airing the pilot on May 24. Not always the case, but this one is airing. Sat. isn't their normal shooting day, but if they decided to reshoot for some reason, and if she was there working.

This could be the pilot George was talking about, and he didn't lose his television vocabulary. They are still saying she is a guest star. But George knows very well that can change. In the pilot of ER Juliana Marguiles was originally a 3 episode guest spot, and look what happened to her.

Not comparing this show to ER more like the Men at Work movie with Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez where they play garbage men.

Career is a great and very well used reason to break up too.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Wed 02 May 2012, 00:06

Well, it's obvious *something* happened/came up very suddenly. It's certainly none of our business, but yes...a tweet saying "darn, I can't make it to Washington because...(fill in the blank) sad face" would have at least pre-empted the wagging tongues. G seemed to be having a lovely time though! Personally I would have hated to have missed it, regardless of the reason.
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 02 May 2012, 01:08

What I find odd is that no press has circulated as to what the new project is, if it is a pilot. You would think they would jump onto the press of being the show that she chose over G and the President and use it to their advantage - if she had secured the job. You can't buy press coverage like that yuet there seems to be nothing floating in cyberspace about the project, what network, who is producing or the general premise. Or even who she may be working with.

So I am assuming if there is a pilot, she hasn't gotten the role yet. She just tested for it on the weekend after the Men at Work guest spot as someone saw potential.

Also if it'sa Men at Work recurring gig that she landed, that will impact on her summer plans in Italy as they are shooting and airing over the summer where she would need to be stateside for filming and for promtional duties.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 02 May 2012, 01:36

It's true you would expect someone some gossip to talk about it. If it is a recurring role why not just say that instead of calling it a new project. It's not a secret everyone knows she was on the show. I wonder if anyone on twitter has asked her what the project is.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 02 May 2012, 10:52

Pilot shoot over and maybe awaiting reaction from producers / network to find out if they may get picked up??? So, 4 day shoot to create pilot. Would explain why she was working on the weekend if they had a deadline.

Kristina Duff‏@KristinaDuff
Thank you for being a light in my life! love u all! @auddimakeup @BretMardock @wendyjdiazhttp://via.me/-xy2944
2 hours ago

in reply to

Bret Mardock‏@BretMardock
I had so much fun working with @KristinaDuff @auddimakeup @wendyjdiaz on @StacyKeibler new pilot! Everyone ROCKED! Thanks for everything!
5:11 PM - 2 May 12

Shoulf this info go here or should we start a new thread about the pilot??
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 02 May 2012, 11:13

Now it's on the net that she filmed a pilot that she will star in. Good for her hope it works out. But, the whole thing was handled strange. If they were trying to create buzz for Stacy all they created was speculation about her and George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Wed 02 May 2012, 12:32

Playing devil's advocate here, since a good percentage of pilots and shows never make it to air this is the perfect excuse. Kind of bummed we may never get to know for real, enjoying the speculation.

Still several things are strange. Once again a makeup artist trying to verify her projects. Wasn't it a makeup artist before who verified a shoot before? Must be her go to people to leak news. These are all makeup artist that work with Brecken Meyer and his productions, (he is the producer/creator of Men at Work).

Now I suppose they could have liked her work on Men at Work, and then she got the pilot. Just seems a bit fast to star in a pilot that shoots that quickly, when last week she was talking about her fitting, and on Friday she's wished happy travels from someone working with her on Men at Work.

Finally, I don't get the secrecy with her on her projects. Why doesn't she try to create the buzz about her new projects. Most actors I know would be jumping for joy if they had the opportunity to star in a pilot. She sounds more excited by her cleanses. ...Long day of work on my new project, but time flies when you are having fun. Really! Still seems odd for a woman who sounds like a high schooler about a dress fitting.

Just saying, I think she needs to hire some people here to handle her p.r. we might get her "pilot" picked up.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 02 May 2012, 12:50

Totally agree with you madsky it is still weird. Yes it was a makeup artist that verified the shoot how many make up artists do you need for a pilot. Why all the vagueness about the pilot even the tentative name not given. Stacy must have been amazing since she is the star, that they had to shoot on a weekend especially the weekend she was to be in Washington with George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 02 May 2012, 13:46

annemarie wrote:Now it's on the net that she filmed a pilot that she will star in. Good for her hope it works out. But, the whole thing was handled strange. If they were trying to create buzz for Stacy all they created was speculation about her and George.

Ok, I'll just start this with a Twisted Evil ....

If she's "starring" in her own pilot...I personally think the only way it will actually be picked up, is if it's another reality hosting, gaming type show. Or maybe it's a reality show on the next WWE star, etc. But a regular sitcom? That includes having some kind of acting talent? And if she's the Star, will the cast members then be E or F list celebs??

Sorry, don't mean to offend any of her supporters, but, it is what it is, and she is what she is.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 02 May 2012, 13:52

I have to admit I like her, but from what I have read about her acting skills I doubt she can carry a show.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Wed 02 May 2012, 14:34

I was just talking to an old friend of mine, whose husband is the Washington bureau chief for a major newspaper and they were at the dinner. She said, that George was the bell of the ball, he was laughing and relaxed. Why I put this on the Stacy thread, she thought he was very approachable because Stacy wasn't there. All types of women were coming up to him and taking pictures and talking to him. She thought if Stacy had been there it would have been less so. He seemed to be enjoying his solo act.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 02 May 2012, 14:44

Good for him!!!! Superdupercool
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 02 May 2012, 15:46

Astras wrote:Well, it's obvious *something* happened/came up very suddenly. It's certainly none of our business, but yes...a tweet saying "darn, I can't make it to Washington because...(fill in the blank) sad face" would have at least pre-empted the wagging tongues. G seemed to be having a lovely time though! Personally I would have hated to have missed it, regardless of the reason.

Last tweet by Stacy ..... what does that mean?
loving this........

[youtube]