George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

+42
Atalante
noodle
madsky
macs
Merlin
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
bunny
OofOof
laetval
Astras
lovelylois
The next mrs clooney
socimar
Maggy
adgran
pattygirl
Henway
Lighterside
annemarie
watching
theminis
phys major
fluffy
MyGirlKylie
bellybaby
Michelle meyers
it's me
Lakin460
cindigirl
lucy
Pari
EEOsandy
lelacorb
barla
m4rose
fava
melbert
Joanna
silly girl
Katiedot
party animal - not!
46 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner Empty Re: George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Post by party animal - not! Mon 09 Apr 2012, 20:50

George Clooney and girlfriend to attend White House Correspondents Dinner, April 28th, 2012

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner Empty George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Post by party animal - not! Mon 09 Apr 2012, 20:53

Oops, Katie. Sorry! Not sure this is in the right place

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner Empty Re: George Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Post by Katiedot Mon 09 Apr 2012, 21:23

No worries, Party Animal. I've made it a new thread. Here's the text:

Clooney to attend White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

April 9, 2012, 2:46 pmby Emily Goodin

George Clooney is returning to Washington — this time for the annual White House Correspondents' Association Dinner.

The actor and his girlfriend, Stacy Keibler, will be the guests of Time magazine, The Hill has learned. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta will also be a guest of the magazine.

Meanwhile, actress Rashida Jones will be the guest of Fortune.

The dinner, which takes place Saturday, April 28th, has become a mixing bowl of Washington power-players and A-list celebrities.

Clooney, in particular, has been a recent visitor to D.C. Last month, he was arrested while protesting at the Sudanese Embassy, capping a trip to the capitol that included his testifying before the Senate and attending a White House state dinner for British Prime Minister David Cameron.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 09 Apr 2012, 22:02

The White House Correspndents Dinner is run by a different news organization each year. Reuters is in charge this year and I know one of the point people in charge. Not sure I am comfortable asking about the attendees but when it is over I will try to fish for info on who was there....she is very excited about it....it is a very big deal in news circles.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 09 Apr 2012, 22:30

....and give your contact a new smart phone too ???? lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 09 Apr 2012, 23:12

Oooolalalalalala, Joanna, you're now French???? Love the Georges Clounet!!!

I wonder if they'll let George speak?? Maybe he'll announce that he's running for some office!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 10 Apr 2012, 03:45

Usually the president gives a humorous speech or shows a funny video. News organizations compete for the biggest celebrity "get" they can invite to attend. George and Stacy would be a huge get. I think George has gone before--does anyone recall that. I don 't think the celebs actually give speeches--my impression is they just sit at the table of the news organization that invited them.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Tue 10 Apr 2012, 04:22

The question now is, playing devils advocate, if GTC was planning his escape, er his decision to part ways with SK, would it now be off because this article has committed him to taking her to the dinner? How does one gracefully get out of this if he chose not to take her? These are the questions I ask.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Tue 10 Apr 2012, 06:26

... the point is that, apparently, GC and his entourage have not yet decided to break the contract .... otherwise this could be an opportunity to do so! probably after the first public disastrous outings and disastrous campaign for the Oscars, there was an improvement in the performance of SK and the play (it seems to me that SK has signed a contract with a PR agency very important) has decided to extend the accompaniment to the end of GC public appearances .... and the WHCD is certainly one of them .... Unless we'll denied and also appear to see real PDA, not reported in the papers ..... not even know if they are together in these days???!!!!
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 10 Apr 2012, 21:30

I hope that if Stacyreally go to this dinner she is quiet and smile all night ..... if Stacy talks albout( face creams, cleansing) George's in the role of the idiot!! I do not ever!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Tue 10 Apr 2012, 21:48

I think George also attended in 2006.

EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Tue 10 Apr 2012, 21:58

lelacorb wrote:I hope that if Stacyreally go to this dinner she is quiet and smile all night ..... if Stacy talks albout( face creams, cleansing) George's in the role of the idiot!! I do not ever!

...anyway, she can always show off his talents .... headbang headbang Beaten Beaten Cheerleader Cheerleader
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 11 Apr 2012, 06:55

It feels so strong... that for some reason, George may not be at this Dinner...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 11 Apr 2012, 14:56

She must be presentable and know how to get along in social gatherings, besides it's not the WH dinner that he attended, this will be more entertaining, than sitting around with Mrs. Obama & co. discussing world events. No matter what we think about SK, IMO she seems to be able to handle George's public social life better than EC.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 11 Apr 2012, 15:04

She'll be fine. She's handled everything really well so far - and she's had quite a lot of practice, and I don't think it's easy to sidestep inane questions in the furore of flashing lights and a million microphones. Good training, and clearly GTC has every confidence in her. Which actually must be very empowering. They support each other really well. It works.

(To be honest, as a former PR person, I'm impressed)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Wed 11 Apr 2012, 15:33

She reminds me of a giant golden retriever puppy....always happy and adaptive to situations.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 11 Apr 2012, 16:39

woof, woof, wiggle, wiggle, slobber, slobber!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 11 Apr 2012, 16:54

melbert wrote:woof, woof, wiggle, wiggle, slobber, slobber!!!!!!

Mel, are you losing it? But it's true, George goes woof, woof - Stacy goes wiggle, wiggle and we go slobber, slobber.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 11 Apr 2012, 17:42

Actually I was referring to m4rose's description of a giant golden retriever puppy for Stacy, i.e. the woof, wiggle, slobber, but I LOVE your interpretation CindiGirl!!!! George woofing, Stacy wiggling and us SLOBBERING!!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Apr 2012, 19:42

2012 WHCA DINNER NEWS

Late-night comic Jimmy Kimmel to headline
White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

WASHINGTON - The White House Correspondents’ Association is pleased to announce that Jimmy Kimmel, host of the ABC late-night talk show “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” will headline the WHCA's 98th annual dinner on Saturday, April 28, 2012.

"Jimmy's humor is sophisticated and edgy while appealing to a wide audience," said Caren Bohan, a Reuters journalist and president of the White House Correspondents' Association. "We are thrilled that Jimmy has accepted our invitation to be the featured comedian at our annual dinner."

The WHCA dinner is traditionally attended by the President and First Lady as well as many other senior government officials and members of the press corps.
Proceeds from the dinner go toward scholarships and awards aimed at supporting aspiring journalists and recognizing excellence in the profession.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Apr 2012, 19:49

2012 DINNER - SAVE THE DATE!
April 28, 2012

LIVE

C-SPAN's coverage included celebrity arrivals,
the awards presentations, scholarships,
and the after dinner speeches.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 23:57

Thanks, Joanna!

I agree with previous posters that Stacy ought to do just fine at this dinner. There will be several celebrity attendees, including Reese Witherspoon, Dakota Fanning, several from the cast of Modern Family, Viola Davis, Paul Rudd, Steven Spielberg w/Kate Capshaw and Claire Danes to name a few. Stacy will fit right in...it's like a night at an awards show plus President and First Lady. I see why George is taking her. There will be enough fluff to enable her to fit in. IMO
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 13 Apr 2012, 23:58

Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Apr 2012, 00:23

Where will the dinner be held ? I couldn't find out on the web sites.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 14 Apr 2012, 00:24

my house! Wanna come?

I think it's usually at some hotel's convention room or something. It was at the Washington Hilton last year. I wonder why Paris wasn't there????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:55

George and Time magazine are getting quite cosy, aren't they?

It's traditional for reporters and editors attending the annual black-tie affair at the Washington Hilton to invite politicos and/or Hollywood celebs. (We hear George Clooney will be sitting at TIME mag’s table).

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 15 Apr 2012, 13:47

Melbert, you sending the jet? I'll come but not if Stacey's invited.
George and Time have had an on going romance since 2008 or longer?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 15 Apr 2012, 17:11

I'll stop by and pick everyone up and we'll just muscle our way in! Let them try and stop us!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Apr 2012, 21:24

YESSSSSS!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 18 Apr 2012, 00:05

Sorry everyone but I think my friend might not be attending...even though she helped in planning. She has had some bad news....she has been sick and thought she was getting better but it is more grave than we thought. We are all devastated. Not sure what she is doing with work but in the scheme of things the dinner is not that important anymore. Please keep her in your prayers...we are hoping for a miracle.

thanks

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Wed 18 Apr 2012, 00:16

Silly Girl, I am so sorry

I will pray for a miracle
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Apr 2012, 00:35

Silly Girl so sorry to hear about your friend.
Keep strong and take care flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 00:48

our thoughts and prayers with you and your friend. keep us posted, k?
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 18 Apr 2012, 01:08

So sorry about your friend SillyGirl. My prayers for that miracle!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Wed 18 Apr 2012, 01:56

Prayers and positive thoughts headed your way SillyGirl!!!
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:26

Thanks everyone....it is nice that I have COH to tell stuff too....she is actually my sister's sister in law and one of the most incredible people I know. The funny part is that she feels basically fine....here's hoping her meeting with the surgeon goes well. thanks again.....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:54

@silly girl, so sorry to hear. Prayers for a good outcome.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 18 Apr 2012, 13:06

we all are praying for her! Hug1 Give hearts

Last edited by it's me on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 13:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong smiley)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 18 Apr 2012, 13:36

Sorry to hear about your friend, silly girl. thoughts and prayers for you and her.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 18 Apr 2012, 14:07

Hope all goes well Sillygirl, thinking of you. I love you
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 18 Apr 2012, 14:34

Deleted by Katiedot due to complaints and also because you're breaking the house rules. Please check them again before posting: unless you have legally acceptable proof that someone is a hooker, keep the name calling on your side of the screen.
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 19 Apr 2012, 05:14

Sillygirl - from my lips to Gods ears, all the very best to you and your friend xo
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 19 Apr 2012, 11:18

silly girl...I've PM'd you today
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 19 Apr 2012, 13:31

No one is going to bat an eye at Stacy attending the dinner. This is the event that in the past featured guests that were the "stars" of current political scandals (Fawn Hall, Donna Rice), Larry Flynt (the publisher of Hustler magazine)Perez Hilton and Ozzy Ozbourne. This year the Cuban guy from Dancing with the Stars is invited. The various news organization like to get big stars or someone topical or shocking.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 19 Apr 2012, 14:04

phys major wrote:George is going to be like the guy at a wedding who brings his hooker girlfriend, and everyone is talking behind his back!!! Can you imagine the comments!!
"I wonder if she can bend over for me" "Do you think we can get her to sit under the table?" You know do a Monica L!!!" You know damn well everyone of the guys that are going to be there have goggled her!
The women are going to have a field day!!!! I wish they were doing a reality show on this it would be Hysterical !!!!!

Wow that's offensive. Would you ok someone talking about one of your family or friends in such crude terms? No matter what your personal opinion of her is, it is just simply demeaning when you imply (and you are implying it with the comments you believe other attendees would say about her) that all she is good for is being used and being passed around for other people's sexual gratification.

She is not a hooker. She is not a stripper. She is not a porn star. She has never been even remotely involved in those industries. And even if she had been, she is still a human being who is worthy of expecting to be treated with respect and being afforded a reasonable amount of dignity whether she is at an event or walking down the street.

Some of the comments lately seem to have gone past snarky commentary and gone straight to bullying and degrading her. I don't think that is acceptable and/or within the spirit of this forum. Maybe we all need to take a step back and re-assess. It has gone a bit too nasty and vicious here recently.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 19 Apr 2012, 14:15

Thank you watching it is getting to be really disrespectful .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 19 Apr 2012, 14:23

watching wrote:
phys major wrote:George is going to be like the guy at a wedding who brings his hooker girlfriend, and everyone is talking behind his back!!! Can you imagine the comments!!
"I wonder if she can bend over for me" "Do you think we can get her to sit under the table?" You know do a Monica L!!!" You know damn well everyone of the guys that are going to be there have goggled her!
The women are going to have a field day!!!! I wish they were doing a reality show on this it would be Hysterical !!!!!

Wow that's offensive. Would you ok someone talking about one of your family or friends in such crude terms? No matter what your personal opinion of her is, it is just simply demeaning when you imply (and you are implying it with the comments you believe other attendees would say about her) that all she is good for is being used and being passed around for other people's sexual gratification.

She is not a hooker. She is not a stripper. She is not a porn star. She has never been even remotely involved in those industries. And even if she had been, she is still a human being who is worthy of expecting to be treated with respect and being afforded a reasonable amount of dignity whether she is at an event or walking down the street.

Some of the comments lately seem to have gone past snarky commentary and gone straight to bullying and degrading her. I don't think that is acceptable and/or within the spirit of this forum. Maybe we all need to take a step back and re-assess. It has gone a bit too nasty and vicious here recently.

Thank you watching...I said something very similar the other day and I'm sorry to say that this has been gathering steam lately. It seems that with some people, any woman who is dating George loses that modicum of civility and common respect when being spoken of which is usually afforded to people whom you don't know personally.

By virtue of them dating him, some people seem to feel that it gives them license to speak about them as if they are "less than human" in some way. And then those very same people lament about the poor women of Sudan in the next thread! Something is very wrong when you can tear a woman apart for no other reason than just being in front of the camera or dating a celebrity.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 19 Apr 2012, 14:25

watching wrote:She is not a hooker. She is not a stripper. She is not a porn star. She has never been even remotely involved in those industries. And even if she had been, she is still a human being who is worthy of expecting to be treated with respect and being afforded a reasonable amount of dignity whether she is at an event or walking down the street.

Good for you watching. She is none of the above but simply a pretty girl who is lucky to have George as arm candy and IMO she seems to make him happy when she's with him.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Thu 19 Apr 2012, 15:20

cindigirl wrote:
watching wrote:She is not a hooker. She is not a stripper. She is not a porn star. She has never been even remotely involved in those industries. And even if she had been, she is still a human being who is worthy of expecting to be treated with respect and being afforded a reasonable amount of dignity whether she is at an event or walking down the street.

Good for you watching. She is none of the above but simply a pretty girl who is lucky to have George as arm candy and IMO she seems to make him happy when she's with him.

WAIT one minute!Umm... not saying she is those things, BUT please this woman has made money off of her ASS-sets. No she may have not been poked in it but she sure has stuck it out there. So where do you draw the line? What makes her better then a hooker, stripper or porn star? She sells her self just like those other 3 titles. Not going to debat this or come back to this, just do not understand why she is being held at a highr leave of respect.

To each their own.
Stacy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hahahaha funny look at those photos and which under those titles have less clothing on... that is amusing. Change of SUBJECT...... Rain it is raining here.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 19 Apr 2012, 15:44

Henway wrote:Change of SUBJECT...... Rain it is raining here.

Wow Hen, nice pictures. Actually I've seen pics of female celebrities with less clothing (or no clothing) on.

And, rain, you got rain??? We haven't had rain here in north central New Jersey in a month and a half. We're crumbling into dust and wild fires. Where's the indian rain dancer when you need him? LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next