George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner

+34
doris day
OofOof
pattygirl
kat2030
MyGirlKylie
Joanna
it's me
Katiedot
macs
socimar
premiere
cindigirl
phys major
Michelle meyers
davidarochelle
bellybaby
madsky
party animal - not!
Pari
watching
Natascha
lelacorb
Astras
barla
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
LornaDoone
fava
melbert
silly girl
lovelylois
annemarie
Lakin460
The next mrs clooney
38 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner Empty Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 29 Apr 2012, 03:54

Thought we should start a new thread for this one since it's bound to get lots of attention and speculation. Stacy MIA despite getting a dress and being wished "safe travels" yesterday. so what's the real reason behind her absence?? Can't wait to hear everyone's theories Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner Empty Re: Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner

Post by Lakin460 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 03:57

No theory yet, but I did take notice that Renee Zellweger was supposed to be at the dinner and wouldn't it be interesting if George hooked up with an old flame?  Just having a bit of speculative fun.....
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner Empty Re: Stacy No Show for White House Correspondents Dinner

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:04

there were also rumors about him and Charleze Theron being an item at one point. She was also there. Plenty for George to chose from Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:05

I would think that if he said she was working and she wasn't that would be found out. The press would have a field day with him lying so she probably was working. I would have thought she would have tweeted something about not going having to work that would to me stop the questions.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:09

But why announce to the world via Twitter that you were having fitting for your dress to attend the event? and why did one of the people she was working with wish her happy travels via twitter yesterday?? something smells really fishy!!!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:10

Maybe , they had a fight and she didn't go that's possible.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:11

Well, time will tell, eh? Normally nothing breaks over the weekend. It's not until the workweek resumes that the news gets current again. I still don't buy the 'she's working' bit. Not saying they've broken up, just don't think the whole truth is out.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:12

Probably fought now they will makeup when he gets home. And we will see them out to dinner.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:13

I think she really did miss her flight. It is about 5 hour flight from LA to DC. If she missed her flight and they couldn't get her on the next flight and she had to wait for awhile for the next flight, she might have been cutting it real close. Even though she is George CLooney's girlfriend ,doesn't mean she gets onto the next flight out. If she needs two hours to get ready with the hair and makeup, she might not have had the time to wing the whole thing. You know she has a red carpet image to maintain. She should have gone late last night and then slept in the next morning. Also, I am surprised she didn't tweet about missing the flight and feeling bad about it. She tweets everything else. Watch this is going to appear on her twitter tomorrow.

Last edited by lovelylois on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:16; edited 1 time in total

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:15

Why would he say she was working if she missed the flight. All he had to say then was she missed the flight if it's the truth . Now there are two stories out she missed the flight from a source and George saying she is working and can't make it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:17

Because saying she missed the flight opens up a can of worms. Why did she miss the flight? Saying that raises a whole lot of suspicions, IMO.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:19

I think the fact that she announced she was going to be there and then doesn't show up, despite what reasons are given, opens up a can of worms. Twitter is already a buzz with why she was MIA.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:19

Yes but two different stories are out and that will raise questions how did George not know she missed her flight and why did the other person not know she was working. You know like which is the truth it seems like only one thing should have been said not two different stories.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:24

Yep, I get it. Missed the post about the two different stories when I posted about 'can of worms. Your point is well taken. There's a contradiction out there now.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:34

Actually, by her not being there causes more problems for them in the gossip world. He will get more negative gossip because she didn't show up, oppose to if she did come to the dinner.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:39

That's why with the two stories I think they had some kind of disagreement and he left. She needed to explain why she wasn't there and put out that she missed her flight, if they weren't speaking to each other he didn't know what reason was put out and said she was working. Well that's my theory anyway lol. Now they will makeup and we will see them out somewhere.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:41

Maybe she missed her flight because she was working late yesterday? I know LL missed her flight yesterday but made it today in time for that brunch....

I am sure they will come up with a plausible explanation....and be seen together soon....

(don't be mad just trying not jump the gun too much...)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:43

WHO said she missed her flight? Did I miss something? I've read back 3 times already. The only story I saw was that George said "she's working".
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:47

Melbert someone said they read that she missed her flight. I

Last edited by annemarie on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:49; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:48

I think it is just supposition...also someone tweeted that she "must have missed her flight" at least that is the only thing I saw about that...although like I said she could have because she was working and then what he said would be true....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:50

He didn't just say she was working--according to the source George said she got a job on a pilot. Do that many of you seriously think George was lying about her working? Plans change all the time. It was never stated that I recall that he was the source of "she missed her flight" --that may just be a rumor or a guess.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:53

It was mentioned that she missed her flight no one said he said it .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:55

That's what threw me the missed flight and George saying she was working so I thought maybe they got their reasons crossed. I'm sure there will be plenty more events for her to attend.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:56

My understanding is that she has a "guest appearance" on Danny Masterson's new show. It's not HER pilot. They supposedly "live" recorded last night, but that earlier tweet about her having "safe travels" was done earlier in the day. I want to know the truth - I CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! lol
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:58

and now that tweet is GONE!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 29 Apr 2012, 04:59

I was just about to go to bed...Melbert you make me laugh (and spit on my computer) thanks I love you

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:00

glad I'm not the only one who has a wet keyboard and screen!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:03

It would have been better if she just tweeted she wasn't going to make it because of work . She knew everyone was expecting her to be there and she made a big deal about the dress.

Last edited by annemarie on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:08; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:06

I found it!!! I found it!!!!!! TNMC had put it in one of her posts on the WHCD thread!!!! Yay!!!!

Jessica Luza
‏ @jessluza

Nice meeting you! Safe travels! RT @StacyKeibler: Excited to work on set today with my friend @dannymasterson & his new show @menatworkTBS.
3:14 PM - 27 Apr 12 via TweetCaster for iOS ·
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:13

Whether she missed the flight or was working is really irrelevant IMO.

She's going to get to meet the President and First Lady next month when George hosts them at home so the fact that she missed the dinner really isn't a big deal. Mountain out of molehill IMO. Sometimes when I come on here I feel like I've fallen into a life-size game of "Clue."

She missed the plane, she was working, the butler did it! Why or why don't we know the truth! Why doesn't George get on Twitter and tell us ALL the details of his life? Why do we give a shit? Wah, wah, wah!

Ok, JMO. Brahahaha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:16

Well just checked just Jared and he doesn't mention George or Stacey.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:24

These stories are suspicious because I saw her on live feed video from zap2it, a link from popsugar's page. She was standing head and shoulders above everyone else, and no, there was no mistaking her because George was standing right beside her. He was talking animated to someone. It was very dark in their area. her hair was done up on her head in some fashion, but really didn't look too well done. Also saw them sitting at a table after dinner was over, a couple of times during president Obama's speech and during Jimmy's. Wonder what the heck is up with this? PR time?

She also looked upset or pissed. had a pout when standing next to him on the floor.

Oh yeah, I did notice that when she got up and left with some others, that George got right up and followed, like he didn't trust her to "keep quiet", if you know what I mean about paps.

Last edited by JoanieJD on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:28; edited 1 time in total
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:27

Well George told the reporter she was working and couldn't make it . The live feed also said she was not there. They say he was seated up front with Spielberg so I don't know. There are no pictures of her only George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:30

Yeah but these are stories. I SAW her there. on live feed. Possibly the reporters are making stuff up because they couldn't get close enough to ask him anything. Or he didn't tell them anything as usual.

Trust me ladies. She was there. Time will tell how they work this one. I am betting its some excuse to let her come to the dinner at his house without paying for it. And remember that the 2 dinner dates he has held two seats for are supposed to be his dinner dates. His and Obama's. So, possibly, coming up with an excuse to have her oust the two dinner dates from that coveted position. Who knows? lol This is indeed a strange thing.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:38

She wouldn't have to pay as his guest or hostess she would be there if he wants her there.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:40

from Politico
[b]George Clooney hits White House Correspondents' Dinner sans girlfriend/b]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Actor George Clooney attended the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday night without his girlfriend.

Where was Stacy Keibler? The actress was expected to attend, having tweeted about getting fitted for her dress.

"She couldn't make it. She's working," Clooney told POLITICO, explaining that Keibler just landed a pilot for a television show. (Indeed, she tweeted Friday about landing a role on the forthcoming TBS sitcom "Men at Work."

The actor, sipping on red wine, was seated at the very front of the Washington Hilton's ballroom at the TIME table along with Steven Spielberg.

Asked if he was bummed about not sitting next to Michelle Obama again, Clooney looked up at the first lady — who was chatting with comedian Jimmy Kimmel — and remarked, "She's got a pretty nice date."

Sofia Vergara tweeted a photo of her (sort of) with Clooney:

Last edited by lovelylois on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:43; edited 1 time in total

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:42

She wasn't there none of us saw her the press didn't see her if she was there someone would have said something. And George said she had a new pilot and was working. Why would he lie if she's there with him.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 29 Apr 2012, 05:43

We will see...
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 29 Apr 2012, 06:17

Well, now, George can completely focus on matters at hand with the president, and not worry about anything else.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Sun 29 Apr 2012, 06:43

...landing a role for a TV pilot it's not exactly as playing Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the wind ... why GC has not wanted SK to go to WCHD with him (that's why she seemed so unhappy during last dinner?) I do not think we'll never know ..... if it is not yet expires the contract, we will see that to appease the gossip, this time they'll have to flight to Cabo, or return to the butcher store..... Cool Cool Cool
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 29 Apr 2012, 06:57

Even *I* think this is fishy. Laughing
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 29 Apr 2012, 07:42

Some photos of the dinner ...... I do not think Stacy miss him!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:14

I think that George's story is true, Stacy couldn't make it because she had to work.
I'm pretty sure there is not only one flight and not only one airline that flies from LA to DC, also, she could have taken a private plane.

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:29

Natascha wrote:I think that George's story is true, Stacy couldn't make it because she had to work.
I'm pretty sure there is not only one flight and not only one airline that flies from LA to DC, also, she could have taken a private plane.
I am very skeptical .......... April 20 Stacy twitterRaccordo 4 wknd 4 my dress next dinner of the corresponding control. Butt kicks' @ @ barrysbootcamp control, # back2reality from vacation, check
Apr. 26 hours 18.00Stacy Keibler @ StacyKeibler
Excited to work on the set today with my friend @ dannymasterson and his new show @ MenAtWorkTBS. You guys will love this show! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I ask but to let you know Hollywood just days before for a job? She had already dressed for the evening! I know that the recording rooms long before securing commitments because they are always very crowded! A Los Angeles recording studios to work on Saturdays? Generally, no! I do not add up.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:32

I'm not one who believes there is a contract, and I don't get this either something just does not seem right.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:37

Now this is a crazy theory so hold onto your hats...

Maybe the producers of the tv show liked her performance and decided, based on what she brought to the table, to offer her a recurring role on the show. She may have interacted well with the other cast and the producers/writers decided to expand her role.

Or the network liked her appeal/ability and have offered her the opportunity to test for a role in a pilot - that someone else failed on or dropped out of or can’t do due to contract issues. That “I’m so grateful” tweet on the 22nd April (days after the dress tweet) may have been in relation to finding out at a pilot she was hired for was going to be made to go into consideration to getting aired. These things do happen. And she does have tv experience and is able to hold her own within he confines of her 'talent" - being perky, physical and looking hot. Streep isn't in any way threatened.

If that is the case, bravo to Stacy for not making the suits wait around until after she went cross country to play arm candy. Her and her management would need to negotiate and lock the deal down in the first instance – hence the possibility of working on a Saturday. She may be stuck in meetings with her agents, publicity people, lawyers, etc - working out the deal and what is expected of her and what she can expect from the network. I wouldn’t think that she would be shooting on a Saturday – it would be before the behind the scenes stuff/business side of things. You know the saying – 10% show, 90% business. Pilot season is in full swing - she may need to start working next week therefore she needs all the time she can get to learn about her character, do any research which may be necessary for the role and go to gym at least 17 times (last bit was a joke).

She wouldn't have been bragging about her dress fitting earlier in the week if she saw this coming. We do know that she has been auditioning. Maybe she just got lucky - right look, right time with the right amount of PR that comes her way due to the bf. She also may have known earlier in the week about a role in a pilot - hence the "I'm so grateful" tweet and the more recent "don't wish for it, work for it" tweets.

Also, would there be any reason for G or S announce that she wouldn't be able to attend the event? How would they do that? By way of press release or a "source" leaking it? What other option was there? She wasn't the drawcard - George was. She was there as his plus one. If an announcement was made, she would have been made out to grandstanding and that her appearance at the event was pivotal. Not turning up, it starts talk of a split. There really was no way to win once it was announced she was to attend and she tweeted about her dress a week ago.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:52

I don't know anything about PR but, couldn't she have tweeted sorry can't make it tonight working sure it will be a great evening . That to me would have at least shut down the questions. She obviously wanted everyone to know she was going and had her dress. If she had, then everyone would have known she wasn't going to be there and the press wouldn't have been expecting her and Clooney and questioning where she was. I don't know like I said I know nothing about pr.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 29 Apr 2012, 13:05

annemarie wrote:I don't know anything about PR but, couldn't she have tweeted sorry can't make it tonight working sure it will be a great evening . That to me would have at least shut down the questions. She obviously wanted everyone to know she was going and had her dress.

I don't know what it is that you are trying to say dear Annemarie... and just WHY would you be battling this so hard?? Are you confused about something?? I thought George's statement was clear... that Stacy had work, so she couldn't be there... That made George a "Gentleman" I thought... Very Happy Besides, what would George say when a Correspondant asked him about Stacy amidst so many people or at dinner, "Wait let me check her tweet" Wink ?? and just WHY should George have to rely on Stacy's Tweets at all, especially when they feel like some game or may even make NO difference to his world!!!??

Huh... OK... since you "don't know anything about PR" and yet feel her tweet would've "shut down questions"??? Very Happy .... so WHY did Stacy not tweet, since you wanted her to?? Very Happy

Last edited by Pari on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 13:10; edited 2 times in total
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 13:07

I'm not battling just wondering out loud that's all it just seems odd to me.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 29 Apr 2012, 13:15

annemarie wrote:I'm not battling just wondering out loud that's all it just seems odd to me.

Just odd enough for a "wondering" battle then... I love you

Last edited by Pari on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 13:35; edited 3 times in total
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next