George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

+43
lamby
EEOsandy
barla
Henway
silly girl
laetval
George Fan
Merlin
playfuldeb
dakota007
The next mrs clooney
Joanna
Lella_la_bella
ladydi
Atalante
Natascha
marina
pattygirl
doris day
Dior
melbert
cindigirl
it's me
elymania
lucy
blubelle
lovelylois
cooksie
sadDonkey
bellybaby
davidarochelle
Pari
Katiedot
zizi
sisieq
pandabear
Dexterdidit
socimar
watching
lolo"layla"
lelacorb
Cinderella
MM
47 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by George Fan Tue 21 Feb 2012, 05:11

The Italian women commenters about Eli's current love life choices continue to be scathing in remarks about her:

A woman with a bit 'of a brain with a tattoo (referring to his Santa Claus being crucified) like that should not even look at him (unless she is at his level).

That's their theory at least. Like attracts like.

They were very incensed about his lack of dignity and zero sense of history with martyrs with the photo in front of the Colosseum.

These sparks with him I don't see dying down anytime soon. They mainly speak about HER, disappointed with her lack of class. Many keep referring to that 'hero to zero' thought about her.

One commenter even said everyone knows about his past history and WHAT is Canalis thinking? Very scary stuff... they didn't like her downplaying his vulgarity as him just being an "artist." They're not stupid.

In Italy no one gives a good account of who Steve-O, real name Stephen Glover!
It 'almost human being as freaked out, stoned, stoned in the world ... no its not pr autoiografia is titled "Professional Idiot, "the professional idiot.
Son of a U.S. sub-culture of the early 90s Steve was born into a wealthy family who travels the world with his father, a prominent international manager, the culture of "skaters" nihilistic punk-inclined -self-harm.
Since a very young age (15 years) has only one aspiration: to get drunk, take drugs and partying like his idol, then Tommy Lee, drummer of Motley Crue.
The result is an amazing life as a super-doped lasted over 20 years in which becomes a clown Steve-o professional who tries his best in a mini-circus and on cruise ships constantly doped up (it's the statement "at age 24 I realized to be, literally, a cocaine-addicted clown") ... the rest is history!
From a toxicological point Steve-O has admitted to having consumed: Cocaine, crack, PCP, methamphetamine, marijuana, hashisc, ketamine, opium, oxycodone, alcohol (a whole bottle at a time) and in his career as a stuntman farts , mouse droppings, elephant, camel, hippopotamus, human sweat, live goldfish, locks of hair, pubic hair, spray paint ... in one of "stunt" private (movie) was made ​​vodka injected intravenously by a private nurse.

Everywhere you turn, disgust. THEN he's kissing her. Ew[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] One commenter said he had to stay away from a web site for a day because of that image.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 21 Feb 2012, 05:55

They may not like him but Eli is getting lot's of press and really this sort of stuff could keep the two of them going just to show everyone!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:55

what is into his mind?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:55

George Fan wrote:Great coverage of the 7th Annual Los Angeles-Italia Film, Fashion And Art Festival, and quite the red carpet photo taking as well. Elisabetta's friend from Britain, Victoria Hervey, was there, and Joan Collins is looking simply great.

George Fan, yes that would be @thebritishlady in twitter right? She is a friend of EC and Vale and they occasionally go out together. Why was she there without EC? I know it was a free entrance but I thought she would go with EC on Thursday. Also Maddy Corvaglia who is currently spending some time with her in-law in San Francisco was supposed to be there (EC had asked her in a twitter and she said yes) but now she was twitting that she is about to return to Italy, she may still be go to LA on Thursday...who knows??

They were very incensed about his lack of dignity and zero sense of history with martyrs with the photo in front of the Colosseum.

I am so glad you found this comment made in an Italian blog because that is the first thing that popped in my mind when Lelacorb posted the pic on this blog. As you know I was attacked because according to her people have the right to "relieve" themselves or that he might have a case of dermatitis; however the only thing that came into my mind was that he was doing that in front of a now-memorial to the thousands of martyrs that were killed and FYI, St. Paul and St. Peter died there and St. Peter is the patron saint of Rome (see Vatican) and this will not go down well in Italy.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Tue 21 Feb 2012, 14:00

Let's face it Socimar, the man is disgusting, but she likes that apparently, or is blind to it and accepts it for now, thinks he's different around her than his Jackass movies, or she can change him, or they are two rebellious souls on the planet, or she is desperate for attention/love/continued fame or is still up to her manipulative ways (of him). I am not in her head. A head scratcher for the majority of people watching this train wreck. I can read a crazy person when I see one and I see it in his eyes.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Feb 2012, 15:19

The man suffers (suffered?) from a mental illness as well as drug addiction. That doesn't make him a bad person with no good qualities at all.

Is it possible to consider that in between the crazy shit he does, he can be a decent, kind, loving person too?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 21 Feb 2012, 17:23

socimar wrote:
George Fan wrote:Great coverage of the 7th Annual Los Angeles-Italia Film, Fashion And Art Festival, and quite the red carpet photo taking as well. Elisabetta's friend from Britain, Victoria Hervey, was there, and Joan Collins is looking simply great.

George Fan, yes that would be @thebritishlady in twitter right? She is a friend of EC and Vale and they occasionally go out together. Why was she there without EC? I know it was a free entrance but I thought she would go with EC on Thursday. Also Maddy Corvaglia who is currently spending some time with her in-law in San Francisco was supposed to be there (EC had asked her in a twitter and she said yes) but now she was twitting that she is about to return to Italy, she may still be go to LA on Thursday...who knows??

I am so glad you found this comment made in an Italian blog because that is the first thing that popped in my mind when Lelacorb posted the pic on this blog. As you know I was attacked because according to her people have the right to "relieve" themselves or that he might have a case of dermatitis; however the only thing that came into my mind was that he was doing that in front of a now-memorial to the thousands of martyrs that were killed and FYI, St. Paul and St. Peter died there and St. Peter is the patron saint of Rome (see Vatican) and this will not go down well in Italy.

You don't understand i take the piss you!!!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 21 Feb 2012, 17:31

The Colosseum is an amphitheater where performances were held, perhaps worse than those of Steve-o, it is not a church, and there is nothing sacred! Look The gladiator with Russell Crowe.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 21 Feb 2012, 18:03

I seriously don't understand why we must butcher two persons who seem to be loving it... to be together and enjoying one another's company I mean... So yes, they could be a bundle of everything / something some of us detest... BUT, it must be real strange then for so many on other boards to say that they SEE / FEEL a sweet partnership... na? Smile (The ratings on Daily Mail feels good too... IF that means anything that is, Ha!) Whatever...

BUT, it still quizzes me... as to WHY we must throw so much muck in here on a couple in partnership, on George's Board?? Would he like it?? What are we trying to say / do / achieve / accomplish here...??? scratch

OK... so I understand that some of you might want to help Elisabetta and Steve... by posting more information about one another... but that must be plain reads na?? I love you

Yes, I said that completely in love... not to ... hmmmmm ... OK... Hug1
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Tue 21 Feb 2012, 18:31

This thread is on What Elisabetta Canalis did next. She is associating with a man who shows indecent behavior constantly who rescues dogs. Her choices reflect who she is. Nothing to it more than that. She can live her life any way she wants to. But she is in denial to say the indecency is just for show. You can't be a part time indecent person.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Feb 2012, 18:40

So because he does some indecent things that makes him an irredeemably bad person who can have no good qualities whatsoever?

I just think that's too simplistic a view. Human beings are complicated. Sometimes good people do bad things and bad people do good things.

It's been mentioned before that he has (or had) a mental illness and while that's never a get out of jail free card, it does explain some of the craziness in his life. I don't know what demons drive him but I feel umcomfortable to see a human being written off as being somehow worthless.

What his problems have to do with Elisabetta isn't obvious to me. She is what she is and hasn't changed in the past two months. She wasn't a better person when she was dating George (assuming that George is somehow better than Steve) just because she was dating George so she can't be a worse person now that she's dating Steve (assuming that Steve is somehow a step down from George).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 21 Feb 2012, 18:46

I'd love to know just who isn't indecent George Fan Smile At some point in our lives... we might have been / lived indecent... not so much in the physical... but in the mind, spiritual, emotional... ?? Aren't we all being indecent in making such a fuss about a couple who feels happy about themselves??

Yes, we've got to warn one another of danger or the possibility of it... that is our duty / responsibility... and IF there is something that either of them ought to know and we know for sure that they must know... then we can always let them know Very Happy Other than that... Oh Goodness... there are so many things people do in so many other parts of the globe, that is far beyond the indecent dear George Fan... really... Tolerance... and Aid... Hopefully we can give them a lot more of that Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 21 Feb 2012, 18:50

Ooooops sorry folks (George Fan in particular)... didn't mean to hammer in anything or anyone... My note seems to have landed together with Katie's... Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Tue 21 Feb 2012, 19:06

I'm not indecent. I think people give Steve a pass cause he rescues dogs or is in rehab. He is STILL indecent. Another example for you to ponder with his MOUTH. Just last September at a Charlie Sheen Roast he said the last time this many nobodies got roasted, at least the Great White was playing. It is reference to a fire in 2003 in Rhode Island where 100 people burned to death including many firefighters. COMPLETE stupidity, insensitivity, and yes INDECENCY on his part. If he stopped doing stupid stuff, then maybe I wouldn't view him as indecent. Until such time my opinion stands. You only have to look to the Roman Colosseum to see he is still stupid.

I will say sure none of us is perfect but if you stay the same and don't get better everyone is entitled to call you as they see you. That is my point with this DUDE!!

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 21 Feb 2012, 20:24

lelacorb wrote:The Colosseum is an amphitheater where performances were held, perhaps worse than those of Steve-o, it is not a church, and there is nothing sacred! Look The gladiator with Russell Crowe.

Lelacord,
I understand that killing christians is worse than what Steve-O might have in mind, it is not a church BUT IT IS SACRED. Read the book "Roma ex Ethnica Sacra". Sometimes I really wonder if you are really Italian.

Pope Pius V (1566–1572) is said to have recommended that pilgrims gather sand from the arena of the Colosseum to serve as a relic, on the grounds that it was impregnated with the blood of martyrs. This seems to have been a minority view until it was popularised nearly a century later by Fioravante Martinelli (1599 – 1667), who placed the Colosseum at the head of a list of places sacred to the martyrs in his 1653 book Roma ex ethnica sacra.

or in more modern terminology:

The Colosseum, threatened with demolition by Sixtus V for town-planning reasons, it was declared a sacred monument dedicated to the Passion of Christ by Benedict XIV, placing a cross on a pedestal, as a symbol of the sufferings of all Christian martyrs. This cross is still the starting point for the Stations of the Cross on Good Friday. Since then, it has become an object of worship for Christians and was protected from further destruction and ruin; in fact, Popes after that restored and consolidated it.

For a tourist today, seeing the Colosseum means, as Charles Dickens wrote, "seeing the ghost of old Rome floating over the places its people walk in".

Last edited by socimar on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 20:42; edited 1 time in total
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 21 Feb 2012, 20:32

socimar wrote:

lelacorb wrote:You don't understand i take the piss you!!!

Lela, I knew that your goal was to piss me off. When I saw the picture of Steve-O that you posted I knew you were waiting for me to react, I even told Katiedot about it. You provoke and then attack, you are certainly not a nice person.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 21 Feb 2012, 20:48

Bicker, Bicker, Bicker...It's getting more & more like watching
an old married couple here lately !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 21 Feb 2012, 22:22

Today the Los Angeles-Italia Festival finally updated their website and removed the picture of Elisabetta in all the pages and revised the presentation of the new master of ceremony who is here below with Joan Collins (better late than never, the red carpet was on the 19th). I guess we'll never know what happened.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ITALIAN ENTREPRENEUR GIANLUCA MECH TO SERVE AD MASTER OF CEREMONY AT LOS ANGELES, ITALIA 2012. ON SUNDAY FEB 19 AT 6.30PM TO OPEN THE RED CARPET OF THE 7TH ANNUAL FILM, FASHION AND ART FEST
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Tue 21 Feb 2012, 22:39

With that Los Angeles Italia Film Festival, it's hard to understand the change in plans as Canalis was supposed to be something BIG there with the Sunday event, but it still shows on the Official Program as attending the Thursday film. Her clear as mud communication to the world leaves everyone clueless as usual cause she is in control remember? I do see the Italian entrepreneur guy showed up. Maybe he needed the paycheck and she didn't. We would know what happened if Elisabetta was open. She is not. She is top secret.

The press doesn't get stories right half the time as one website they referred to called Starpulse said she and Steve-O visited the parents over the weekend. I don't think that happened unless new "pictures" surface thereafter. With celebrities, life has to always be cloak and dagger you know. Keeps the tale quite suspenseful and the commenters on the blogs going each day. ha ha.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 21 Feb 2012, 22:50

George Fan, until last night the front page of the LA-Italia website showed pictures of Elisabetta Canalis and Gianluca Mech together and introducing them as the master of ceremony (MOC) and to the left and at the bottom of same page they kept repeating the introductions as the MOC giving the time and day of the Red Carpet event. Only today they changed everything, they removed her picture and changed the introduction.

She might still show up on Thursday because they are presenting Italian comedies and it is a tradition that either the actress or actor or director should be present. She acted in the film they will show at 2:30 pm so it does not cost her anything to show up. She lives practically down (or up??) the street.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 21 Feb 2012, 23:53

We all have good and bad sides. While what he does for a living is gross he can and does have a good side. Rescuing dogs is a good thing and shows he does have a good heart. I do think Eli has stepped down a little boyfriend wise I have never seen George behave the way Steve has on any red carpet and while George may do very stupid things behind closed doors he is smart enough not to do it in public. Steve has had drug and alcohol issues and got help, George admits to alcohol issues too. I think it is hard for any man to follow after George and Eli seems happy and Steve seems happy. So it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks Eli clearly doesn't care about the stunts or his awful tattoos she sees something else. We might not get it but then why should they care?

Last edited by Dexterdidit on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 23:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : words)
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 00:05

Dexterdidit wrote:We all have good and bad sides. While what he does for a living is gross he can and does have a good side. Rescuing dogs is a good thing and shows he does have a good heart. I do think Eli has stepped down a little boyfriend wise I have never seen George behave the way Steve has on any red carpet and while George may do very stupid things behind closed doors he is smart enough not to do it in public. Steve has had drug and alcohol issues and got help, George admits to alcohol issues too. I think it is hard for any man to follow after George and Eli seems happy and Steve seems happy. So it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks Eli clearly doesn't care about the stunts or his awful tattoos she sees something else. We might not get it but then why should they care?

You are absolutely right in all you say. It also shows Eli has no standards by which to hook up with a guy. Eating your vomit, poo cocktails, urinating on red carpets for any ordinary gal plus obscene tattoos would turn the stomach of most women. Someone earlier commented about low self esteem, that is why I think this is working now and she is settling so far below a decent man. Where this will explode from what I have seen in the past with Canalis is with the jealousy over other women. That hasn't surfaced yet. She is incredibly jealous over the slightest attention by another woman to her partner. At the Golden Globes with Clooney if looks could kill with minor smooches by George's female friends, her eyes were like daggers. Stay tuned. You are only seeing the infatuation stage.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:05

Katiedot wrote:So because he does some indecent things that makes him an irredeemably bad person who can have no good qualities whatsoever?

I just think that's too simplistic a view. Human beings are complicated. Sometimes good people do bad things and bad people do good things.

It's been mentioned before that he has (or had) a mental illness and while that's never a get out of jail free card, it does explain some of the craziness in his life. I don't know what demons drive him but I feel umcomfortable to see a human being written off as being somehow worthless.

Katiedot, maybe he can be redeemed especially after his rehabs and hospitalization; however Bipolar Disorder is a genetic disease that is not curable, so he still has it. It is treatable generally with Lithium but a lot of artists stop taking it because it lowers their creativity. Lithium lowers the mania and ups the depression so you become a "boring normal person" which is not good if you are artist and you want to be creative so a lot of them stop taking the meds at one point or another. He claims to be clean and healthy (see article below) but I think he is referring to alcohol and drugs, I only hope he doesn't stop taking his meds .

: Pacific Coast News
“...... We can’t help but wonder if Elisabetta, 33, knows what she’s getting into. The couple has “Dancing with the Stars” in common –Elisabetta was on last season, and Steve in 2009. Neither lasted very long, and strangely, stuntman Steve was injured on the show. Elisabetta might be surprised to learn her MTV beau graduated from Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Clown School. He’s been institutionalized for both drugs and bipolar disorder and he set himself on fire on the Howard Stern show. The good news is he claims to be clean and healthy now and hopefully he will stay that way.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:37

Yes, I agree it's something he has for life but if it's under control (whether through medication or other methods) then I'd probably use the past tense. It's like saying George had malaria which can, and has, come back but I wouldn't say he has malaria right now.

Anyway, whether you want to think of SteveO as having a mental illness or having had a mental illness, it doesn't make him a bad person IMO.

Now, I'm really wondering what happened with this Italian film festival and Elisabetta's no show.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:55

Katiedot I completely agree with you and dislike when people use mental illness in respect to being a bad person or doing bad things. Just because he has or had mental illness does not mean that he is not a nice person. He may actually have more insight because of his struggles. People will do many things for money and Steve o has made a lot of money by being disgusting on camera. The money reinforces the behavior and he probably feels he has to keep up these antics for his image. If he was photographed planting flowers people would soon not want to talk about him but when he pees on a red carpet the attention will continue. Obviously Eli sees something in him that is attractive to her and after all it is her that has to date him not us.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 04:18

With Steve in this discussion on mental health I would separate bad person from bad behavior. Whether it is for his job or not, his bad behavior does not cease. I know many people with bipolar disorder that with the proper meds function quite well. If you like that bad behavior, as many do, as there is an audience for it, to each their own. The audience is mostly 15 year olds. The Beavis and Butthead types. Great point that throwing lots of money at it just feeds it more. He and others who associate with him as he continues in this direction will be subject to much negativity about growing up. Not his fans though. They enjoy this style. The disgust factor is when he doesn't even realize like urinating in public in front of children is shameful and you just can't get through to him to see that. It's almost like sociopathic. If you are close to someone like that and don't see it you are extremely naive.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Feb 2012, 04:29

I think sociopathic is a little extreme. He does things to shock; it's like Lady Gaga and her silly clothes or Madonna's old antics or even that stupid singer who turned up at the Grammys with a pope lookalike.

Elisabetta is dating him and I think she knows better than most people what the man is really like behind the public image.

I also wouldn't take her public statements as the pure 100% unvarnished truth any more than what George says in interviews or on TV is always the truth.

She's dating the man, seems to like him, and so naturally downplays his past antics.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 22 Feb 2012, 06:08

They look more in love than in any photos with George. The only photo I ever thought there might be something real going on with her and George was the 4th of July 2010 boat pics. Have you ever had a loved one suffer with mental illness, bi-polar, or depression, they are human beings just like all of us, their behavior can be crazy if their meds are off, or if they are low/high, but IMO some of his past behavior was for the attention/fame/money, doesn't mean he is stupid, maybe emotionally immature.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 22 Feb 2012, 06:18

socimar wrote:
socimar wrote:

lelacorb wrote:You don't understand i take the piss you!!!

Lela, I knew that your goal was to piss me off. When I saw the picture of Steve-O that you posted I knew you were waiting for me to react, I even told Katiedot about it. You provoke and then attack, you are certainly not a nice person.
I'll get you around when you tell lies!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by anon.4 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 07:38

Yes, Steve O's antics are disgusting to anyone who is over 13-15 yrs old, but to say he is a step-down from GC, who's to say? Meadow voiced part of what I thought, "George may do very stupid things behind closed doors he is smart enough not to do it in public." He has admitted to taking a sh!t in his friends kitty litter box as a practical joke, which IMHO is pretty disgusting, and down right mean-spirited.

GC has perfected this persona of the Old Hollywood Gentleman, when men were men and women were women. For the most part, he dresses right, takes the right action, and is known for being very charming, and this persona has earned him the mantle of the King of Hollywood. But, there are some very dichotomous aspects of GC. He's humanitarian efforts in Sudan are commendable and have brought more attention to a nation/situation that needs it, yet he continues to pimp his ass to Nespresso for a very large ($60 million or so) paycheck, while claiming that has nothing to do Nestle. Nestle owns Nespresso, and is essentially paying for his endorsement, while being dogged by WHO violations for selling baby formula in developing countries, and emptying aquifers in Central and South American countries for their bottled water, among other activities.

He looks great in a tux, and has good manners, so most assume he is a wonderful date or boyfriend, but some of the remarks he has made about his dates on the red carpet are backhanded compliments at best, and many come across as passive-aggressive put downs. Such as referring to EC at a movie premiere as "some Italian woman who picked me up". He didn't even have the courtesy or respect to introduce her, and in most interviews doesn't even refer to them by their names, but as her/she/girl, claiming he wants his privacy. Sure don't talk about your dates, day to day life, but the whole world already knows your current GF's name, so using her name once or twice in an interviews isn't giving up your privacy. GC puts on the front of a good boyfriend, but it seems many times he is more going through the motions, without a true mental/emotional connection w/ his current GF. When EC said he was controlling, I believed it. He also seems to be the type who would be emotionally distant and gives the cold-shoulder and/or silent treatment, instead of fighting or resolving disagreements.

GC is notorious for his practical jokes, some of which seem petty and childish when you hear about them. The jokes aren't done in public, just heard about 2nd hand w/ lots of laughter. Doesn't mean the person on the receiving end enjoyed the joke, but went along w/ it so not to seem like a spoil sport. Even w/ his sexiest man alive/leading man image, he's been dogged w/ questions about his sexuality, especially in regards to BDSM, and being Bi or Gay.

I suspect that behind closed doors GC and Steve O have much in common. Steve O. is more open from his stunts to admitting his substance abuse issues and mental illness. As Katiedot stated "Elisabetta is dating him and I think she knows better than most people what the man is really like behind the public image. ", this statement applies to GC also, and I believe that despite his bad behavior, when it comes to the emotional aspect of a relationship Steve O. is probably ahead of GC. The man behind the GC persona, none of us know who or what he is, and I sometimes think he doesn't know or remember who he is, but knows the image he has to maintain, and perhaps has lost himself in it.

anon.4
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:41

he doesn't know or remember who he is, but knows the image he has to maintain, and perhaps has lost himself in it

hope no
really hope NO!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:56

Really good points, anon, I agree. If you look at that pic of Eli and Steve in the restaurant, where he's wearing a jacket, and white shirt, he actually looks like a decent guy. And deep down he probably is. For whatever reason, he needed/needs attention, and so gets it by doing the unthinkable. I remember when Jackass came out several years ago, and actually watched a few episodes - it was like watching a car wreck - too horrible to watch, yet you couldn't take your eyes off of it.

It's just a shame he hasn't grown up by now, and moved on to something more positive. I'm sure he knows that he and Eli aren't going to get positive reviews as a couple, so he pushes the envelope again (the Coliseum) and gives validity to what people are saying.

I don't know. Once a jackass, always a jackass?

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 13:55

Excellent discussion on the Princess and her Jackass and former boyfriend GC. I think Steve similar to Elisabetta literally thrives on public attention good or bad. Without it they seem to wither. It is just both their nature. It is funny Canalis calling George controlling when she is highly controlling herself. Just she met her match with Clooney with his level of fame, power, and money and SHE was the one ordered around like a puppy dog to Hawaii, New York, red carpets, etc. I don't know where Steve will be in ten years, twenty years out, hopefully staying clean and sober. But he won't be bungee launching himself in port a pottys. You can put a tux on a demented person but that doesn't make them any less demented.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 22 Feb 2012, 15:05

Nobody can explain better that Steve-O himself how tough it is the road to recovery. This is a blog that he wrote when he admitted himself to a Mental Institution for treatment (the second time, the first time being when he was forced to due to his suicide attempt):

Sobriety wasn't working for Steve-O from Jackass these past couple of months, so he's decided to take it to the next level by entering a treatment facility. He's blogged about his situation for his fans. You have to give the guys credit for trying to turn his life around. Must be tough!

"Hello Everyone,

After seeing "Dr. Drew's Celebrity Addiction Special" on VH1 News, I figured it was time to put something out there for you all. I expected my part on that show to be much harder to watch than it wound up being. It made me want to explain a little bit of what I've been going through since I got clean, to help some of you understand how much damage drugs and alcohol have really done to me.

I've now been clean for 115 days, and I'm, again, in a mental institution. I did so much cocaine, ketamine, pcp, nitrous oxide, and all sorts of other drugs, that, quite simply, my brain is fucked up.

As you can probably tell by the way I'm writing this, my cognitive skills are alright, but, I frequently suffer from horrible mood swings and severe depression. Those of you who have followed my warped mind's trail on the Internet for a significant amount of time have, I'm sure, been very aware of those attributes, but, I just want you all to know that four fucking months (almost) of not touching a damn thing that a psychiatrist didn't perscribe to me hasn't changed that shit. The medication that is prescribed to me doesn't do the trick every day, let's just put it that way. I'm back in the looney bin trying to get that shit right. The bottom line is that doing drugs fucked my ass up and I'm going to be paying for it for a long time, probably for the rest of my life. Everyone's going to make their own decisions in life, but nobody needs to make the same mistakes I made. I love you all,

Steve-O"

It is a very touching letter to his fans, I only hope that Elisabetta, famous for her temper is there to help him when he needs her.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 22 Feb 2012, 15:32

Anon.4, my understanding is that George does Nespresso, Norwegian banks and Mercedes ads to fund the mammoth costs of the Satellite Sentinel Project. Saw the figure of millions somewhere....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 16:19

Today's nice attractive woman and her criteria for a man: mental institution background, takes drugs, performs disgusting stunts, demeaning words like Yeah Bitch thinking that's funny. But he makes her laugh. Who says good guys don't finish last? No wonder so many good guys remain single or don't re-marry. Women. Who can figure them out? Maybe they just like bad boys. A cubic equation with boobs to solve. LOL.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:34

Socimar he does not ahve to take drugs the rst of his life to manage his mental illness, also there are so many other options than Lithium these days to help. People can "receover" from various forms of mental illness and lead regular functioning lives. His mental illness has no bearing on whether someone should date him or not. I work in the mental health field and I am appalled at the stigma many of you have about mental illness. I think you may have been watching to many movies. There are various types of bi-polar disorder all that have different features and impact a person differently. if we don't know the type Steve has them we really cant comment on whether he can recover from it or not. It should also be noted that there are actually treatments that can stop mental illness. the mental illness should not even be brought up when questioning him as a person. People are nto bad and disgusting because they have mental illness.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:52

party animal - not! wrote:Anon.4, my understanding is that George does Nespresso, Norwegian banks and Mercedes ads to fund the mammoth costs of the Satellite Sentinel Project. Saw the figure of millions somewhere....

yep

@ Steve O
let's let him the time
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 22 Feb 2012, 19:54

The next mrs clooney wrote:Socimar he does not ahve to take drugs the rst of his life to manage his mental illness, also there are so many other options than Lithium these days to help. People can "receover" from various forms of mental illness and lead regular functioning lives. His mental illness has no bearing on whether someone should date him or not. I work in the mental health field and I am appalled at the stigma many of you have about mental illness. I think you may have been watching to many movies. There are various types of bi-polar disorder all that have different features and impact a person differently. if we don't know the type Steve has them we really cant comment on whether he can recover from it or not. It should also be noted that there are actually treatments that can stop mental illness. the mental illness should not even be brought up when questioning him as a person. People are nto bad and disgusting because they have mental illness.

I do not put a stigma on anybody who has a mental illness. I also worked in a lab for many years and we ran essays for the Mental Health Institute at the NIH in Bethesda and I have marched with Tipper Gore against stigma on mental illnesses. What I said above, was that when and if he replapses, I hope she is there to support him and not throw another Balmain handgag at his face like she did with Mehcad!
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 21:19

It serves Mehcad right and getting a Balenciaga bag thrown at him. He was too "sticky." One must take time in life to enjoy a good soap opera. George Clooney needs to sign her back up for Oscar night quickly. I don't think Stacy does high drama near as well.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 22 Feb 2012, 23:13

George Fan wrote:It serves Mehcad right and getting a Balenciaga bag thrown at him. He was too "sticky." One must take time in life to enjoy a good soap opera. George Clooney needs to sign her back up for Oscar night quickly. I don't think Stacy does high drama near as well.

Sorry it was indeed a Balenciaga bag not Balmain, these designers, too many of them!!

-------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20