George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyToday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

+46
anon.4
dakota007
madsky
maria4
LornaDoone
Lella_la_bella
m4rose
dolcevita
zizi
noodle
sadDonkey
Dior
Wolfgang Gunnerson
Natascha
Charley
Casey
it's me
fadelite
Lighterside
elymania
annemarie
lolo"layla"
Cinderella
blubelle
janieb
Katiedot
doris day
davidarochelle
watching
pandabear
Henway
lovelylois
lucy
MyGirlKylie
Atalante
sandwiches
MM
cindigirl
pattygirl
lelacorb
socimar
bellybaby
melbert
Dexterdidit
sisieq
Ello
50 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by zizi Tue 29 Nov 2011, 04:04

Melbert, don't you think that we saw it all already.? lol!
Dex, you are right those shoes and jeans look hilarious. Laughing

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 29 Nov 2011, 04:34

Maybe she took them from George cause they look like a guys jean and those shoes she is wearing seems more for teenage boys. So by tweet she should be back in the US soon.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 29 Nov 2011, 05:23

She looked pretty good from the bottom of the jacket up, the rest belongs on a much younger person. Yes I'm an old fuddy-duddy, I'm not that bad but it looks like two separate outfits.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The article in the link above is more or less the same as previous comments already listed here; however this journalist has an additional info regarding Canalis’ private life:

Elisabetta Canalis, with Peta in Milan, against furs and declaring that she is single.
November 29, 2011 – written by Viola

TRANSLATION:
She (Canalis) was finally asked a question on her private life, actually love life:
For weeks now it seemed that Canalis had started a love relationship with the American “hot bod” Mehcad Brooks, but instead she stated that she is single even if she hasn’t used this exact word: “at this moment there is nobody in my life who can be jealous of anything…my dogs, perhaps, but they are not jealous!

ITALIAN:
Ma le è stata rivolta, infine, anche una domanda sulla sua vita privata, anzi, sentimentale: da settimane sembrava che la Canalis avesse intrecciato una relazione d’amore con il fustacchione americano Mehcad Brooks, ma invece si è professata single, anche se non ha usato proprio questi termini:
Non c’è nessuno in questo momento della mia vita che possa essere geloso di niente… I miei cani, forse, che non son gelosi!
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 29 Nov 2011, 14:56

Elisabetta Canalis has presented a poster of herself naked in Piazza Duomo in Milano, in support of the campaign against furs: “Better naked than with Furs”.
Already some other celebrities like Kim Basinger, Charlize Theron, Eva Mendes has given their support to this very powerful organization.

Elisabetta has been immediately surrounded by paps and curious people. She has tried to explain the profound reasons of her presence but her fans seem more interested to get her autograph or a picture with her without really understanding the Peta campain. Elisabetta was able however to tell them: “This is not an attack to those who already own furs but a way to draw the attention to those who, especially in winter, plan to buy furs for themselves or give them to others as a gift”.

So what to do if one already owns a fur? Elisabetta said: “I suggest to donate it to the homeless and myself, when I realized that I was owning clothing with animal fur I have gave them away”.

The bloggers in this site are critizing her for suggesting to donate the furs to the homeless (my translation is in parenthesis):

1. hai ragione Sara, infatti è importante il look per un senzatetto.... cioè ...... ahahaahahaha
(you are right Sara, for the homeless the “look” is so important,…I mean… ahahahahah)
2. BRAVA ELI MA X ME LO FA SL X PUBLICITA' XHE' NN DOVEVA INDOSSARE IL GIUBBOTTO DI PELLE
 (Brava Eli but you are doing this campain only for publicity otherwise you shouldn’t have worn the leather jacket)
3. Ma #$%$ Canalis, lo fai solo per i soldi, e avresti fatto la campagna pubblicitaria in favore delle pellicce se ti avessero pagato, i soldi fanno miracoli.

(But #$%$ Canalis you are doing it only for money and you would have done a campaign for furs if they had paid you, money makes miracles.)
Poteva almeno indossare le mutande!

(she could at least have worn underpants.)
5. Donare pelliccie ai senzatetto??? Dio che deficente!!!!!....

(Give away furs to the homeless, OMG how stupid can she be?)
6. Cioè .ma vi immaginate un senzatetto con una pelliccia da 10000 euro addosso mentre vaga per i vicoli della città?Genio!!

(But, can you imagine a homeless wearing a 10,000 Euro fur while he wanders through the dirty alleys of the city? Genius!)

The last one is my favorite!

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Tue 29 Nov 2011, 15:09

zizi wrote:Melbert, don't you think that we saw it all already.? lol!

Those jeans and high-top sneakers do not belong on a 33 year old woman. If she had tapering jeans (solid blue and in top condition), along with short boots with a medium heel, the look would have been totally stunning.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 29 Nov 2011, 17:01

Maybe she was trying to look like the homeless so she can have one of those donated furs to keep warm on the streets of LA.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by elymania Tue 29 Nov 2011, 19:09

a short video here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

elymania
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 29 Nov 2011, 20:42

socimar wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The article in the link above is more or less the same as previous comments already listed here; however this journalist has an additional info regarding Canalis’ private life:

Elisabetta Canalis, with Peta in Milan, against furs and declaring that she is single.
November 29, 2011 – written by Viola

TRANSLATION:
She (Canalis) was finally asked a question on her private life, actually love life:
For weeks now it seemed that Canalis had started a love relationship with the American “hot bod” Mehcad Brooks, but instead she stated that she is single even if she hasn’t used this exact word: “at this moment there is nobody in my life who can be jealous of anything…my dogs, perhaps, but they are not jealous!

ITALIAN:
Ma le è stata rivolta, infine, anche una domanda sulla sua vita privata, anzi, sentimentale: da settimane sembrava che la Canalis avesse intrecciato una relazione d’amore con il fustacchione americano Mehcad Brooks, ma invece si è professata single, anche se non ha usato proprio questi termini:
Non c’è nessuno in questo momento della mia vita che possa essere geloso di niente… I miei cani, forse, che non

son gelosi!

You know what I've always appreciated in Ely?
His sincerity, uncomfortable but not always appreciated sincerity!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 29 Nov 2011, 20:58

MM wrote:

Those jeans and high-top sneakers do not belong on a 33 year old woman. If she had tapering jeans (solid blue and in top condition), along with short boots with a medium heel, the look would have been totally stunning.

According to Italian newspapers the jeans are by DSquared2, which I believe is a man's label for Dolce & Gabbana.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 29 Nov 2011, 21:00

but she didn't have that for her ex man who only 17 yrs older than her and she called him" father" to hurt him .not much sincerity here i guess.

Last edited by lolo on Tue 29 Nov 2011, 21:34; edited 1 time in total

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 29 Nov 2011, 21:09

...and please tell me this is not a fur!! It was sent by an Italian blogger and she said it was fur worn by Canalis at the London premiere of one of Clooney's movies.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yep, found the article:

Stand aside, George: It may be Clooney's premiere but all eyes are on his young Italian girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis
By LIZZIE SMITH
Last updated at 10:26 AM on 16th October 2009

With premieres for three of his films, this year's London Film Festival was always going to be all about George Clooney.
But as the Oscar winning actor arrived for the first night of The Men Who Stare At Goats last night he was upstaged - by his own girlfriend.
TV presenter Elisabetta Canalis, a pin-up in her native Italy, shed her black fur coat to reveal a dusky pink satin strapless dress by Issa, which had been designed especially for her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Italy's popular TV presenter and Clooney's 17 years junior, Canalis strode the red carpet in a strapless pale pink satin Issa dress under black fur coat savoring all the attention. She briefly slid her coat off for the photogs to show off her flirty custom made dress while Clooney stood aside.

She accessorized with silver Giuseppe Zanotti pumps and a matching bow clutch. Her dark brown shoulder length hair was styled in structured retro waves. She wore red lip color, charcoal eye shadow and multiple coats of mascara.

Last edited by socimar on Tue 29 Nov 2011, 21:17; edited 2 times in total
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 29 Nov 2011, 21:32

yes it is fur and she do wear shoes and bags made from animals skin ,she lies !and that jeans looks funny and wrong on her so what it is made by a designer u should pick the clothes that makes you look good no matter it have designer name or no that's too shallow ,u can wear some cheap clothes that fits u so well and be better than 500 $ outfit from famous designer store IMO . we choose our clothes to look more beautiful and elegant and not only u wear outfit just for have designer name that's so insecure and less self confidence .

p.s that dress and fur looking so funny on her at the chest area .[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 29 Nov 2011, 23:47

Some of us pointed it out to PETA but all they said they hoped people would learn and not wear it again. Her remark about the homeless is just stupid and she needs to do a lot more to get her message across if it's something she really believes in. I don't think she is that committed she loves the attention and I don't see her giving up her expensive handbags and shoes either. I wonder how Cavalli feels? He uses fur in his designs...
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 30 Nov 2011, 00:29

Her PR people are working overtime. She is all over the blogsphere.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Wed 30 Nov 2011, 02:44

I have never really liked her, but have to admit that she surprised me.
Her actions may not be classy or honest but she doesn't give up without a fight. I don't know, if it is her PR or her persistence to build some kind of a career or combination of the two, but people still talk about her. Question

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 30 Nov 2011, 04:44

I think it's both. Eli has decided she wants a career in the US but I'm not so sure the US really want her there yet. We will have too see what these two jobs she has in TV are coming up. Not that I think they will be great since she is the only one involved in one of them at this stage. Still won't be surprised if she shows up on reality tv again.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 30 Nov 2011, 06:13

lolo wrote:

but she didn't have that for her ex man who only 17 yrs older than her and she called him" father" to hurt him .not much sincerity here i guess.
and if she was sincere?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 30 Nov 2011, 06:34

socimar wrote:
MM wrote:

According to Italian newspapers the jeans are by DSquared2, which I believe is a man's label for Dolce & Gabbana.

Socimar Dolce e Gabbana are italian designers ( Stefano Dolce and Domenico Gabbana), Dsquared are canadian are designers ( Dan and Dean Caten, they are twins)
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 30 Nov 2011, 11:59

lelacorb wrote:
lolo wrote:

and if she was sincere?

u are making a joke alright ! how a woman accept man she see like her father which she not young enough to be his daughter "unless it's 1% of boys become father in high school " to have relationship with .if she really saw him like a father why didn't she break up with him in just two months?
why the whole two years ? or she was in coma!

another lie from her that she say that kids and marriage never was something she talked about ,how is that u can count how many magazine interview she give about kids and matrimony, as matter of fact she say that it have nothing to do with the break up "sincerity huh" but the break up was after short time since she had interview about she will be married and that she can't have a boyfriend who tells her that he will never marry or have kids . elisabetta would never left george ,he left her and that made her go crazy and mad .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 30 Nov 2011, 12:32

lelacorb wrote: Socimar Dolce e Gabbana are italian designers ( Stefano Dolce and Domenico Gabbana), Dsquared are canadian are designers ( Dan and Dean Caten, they are twins)

Lela, you are right, I don't know why I wrote D&G because I know Eli attended a fashion show in Milan for them. Dean and Dan Catenacci (Caten for the US), both born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada from parents who were from Naples, Italy.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 30 Nov 2011, 12:42

zizi wrote:I have never really liked her, but have to admit that she surprised me.
Her actions may not be classy or honest but she doesn't give up without a fight. I don't know, if it is her PR or her persistence to build some kind of a career or combination of the two, but people still talk about her. Question

When someone is VERY stubborn in Italy we say "like a Sardinian ass (donkey)" and her being Sardinian she is determined to succeed. Her new PR (Janine Leigh) is making beaucoup money and she will work night and day to help her. She was with her in Milan holding her hand, is Eli her only client that she stays with her the whole time (was with her in Miami too) like a Siamese twin?. It looks that way. Eli is also the greatest manipulator and this was said by Valeria Micchetti, Eli's best friend. I think the story with Mehcad will not end well (if it is not ended yet) especially after Eli's encounter with that man in the street that D-listed wrote about. From a video where Eli is interviewed in Milan she says that she will probably start working on a TV show in February which she cannot talk about because she does not know much about it and looking into the camera she repeated "really,.. almost nothing about it", so it must be her PR that is working on something that IMHO at this moment is probably only at the "meetings" stage.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 30 Nov 2011, 13:25

lolo wrote:
lelacorb wrote:
lolo wrote:

and if she was sincere?

u are making a joke alright ! how a woman accept man she see like her father which she not young enough to be his daughter "unless it's 1% of boys become father in high school " to have relationship with .if she really saw him like a father why didn't she break up with him in just two months?
why the whole two years ? or she was in coma!

another lie from her that she say that kids and marriage never was something she talked about ,how is that u can count how many magazine interview she give about kids and matrimony, as matter of fact she say that it have nothing to do with the break up "sincerity huh" but the break up was after short time since she had interview about she will be married and that she can't have a boyfriend who tells her that he will never marry or have kids . elisabetta would never left george ,he left her and that made her go crazy and mad .

Because maybe some considerations to arrive at the end of a relationship when you think back to what did not work! Misses the age difference in the interview and talked about important lessons in the book that he gave her, she talks about George as a key figure in his life might be like a father but also said it was the man who has emphasized her femininity more (he does a father). You know there are reports that when they finish leave nothing, just a distant memory that will fade with time and relationships that leave something lasting that will change as a person, you say that before you know it was very shallow with respect to certain issues (policy , humanitarian issues) is in this context that speaks of the father figure but adds: our relationship was more of a father / daughter relationship is different from a father / daughter! The linguistic differences between Italian and English is often not possible to understand the true meaning, happens to me all day reading this forum.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 30 Nov 2011, 14:17

it was very shallow with respect to certain issues (policy , humanitarian issues) is in this context that speaks of the father figure but adds: our relationship was more of a father / daughter relationship is different from a father / daughter! The linguistic differences between Italian and English is often not possible to understand the true meaning, happens to me all day reading this forum.

oh so we all now just lost in translation !i think that elisabetta want to build career in the states and she knows who will read her words she was shallow and mean to think she can hurt GC and then add two lines of good things about him to perceive that she is nice person which she is not and it did affect her bad ,why there's no big hit for her till now ? all we hear some 'z' tv shows and things that is not for someone in the showbiz since 1999 .

elisabetta canalis is not Sophia Lauren .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 30 Nov 2011, 16:09

Buy the book and read it if you understand Italian, then we'll talk! Ely is not and never will be Sophia Loren, but why is? I do not know if you have luck or not in the U.S. but, I repeat, why is? You have not understood that we were talking about something else!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 30 Nov 2011, 17:11

To answer the question above "What Elisabetta Canalis did next"...

Ummmm... got drunk and screwed someone else? lol!

Just kidding... Trying to lighten the mood!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 30 Nov 2011, 18:51

Maybe a little, or perhaps more than you think .... but it is our problem?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 30 Nov 2011, 19:03

Have to say betta is one determined women, when she wants something she sets out to get it and doesn't give up easily. Wanted to meet George, well it happened, wanted to live in LA, has and keeps trying to make it permanent. They way she answered the question about marriage to an american to get green card was smart IMO, think after her time as GF of and DWTS , she's finally understanding why some women don't respect her or think her accomplishments are not that impressive. She may not of got everything she wanted from George, but I think she got her chance to fullfill her dream, life in LA. What some consider a dream, I just don't get.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 30 Nov 2011, 19:36

Lelacorb: "...and if she was sincere?..."

Just to dwell on this a little more Lelacorb... Smile I find that there are 2 streams if I can call it that... Love for Dads (Fathers) / Brothers fall in the DIVINE... while Love for Uncles / Cousins "CAN" fall in the SPOUSAL... that is... one can marry / wed / have sexual relationship with an Uncle / Cousin... and NOT with a Dad / Brother... Because then, such a relationship would have crushed out the DIVINE part to it... ie., making a Dad / Father relationship into a SPOUSAL one, will mean, changing it's face... making it an INCEST... socially, that is a "sin"... basically, away from the norm...

One can be friends to both of the above sets of people... A Friend can be like an Uncle / Cousin... (and vice versa)... AND that can open another realm to it... an area / sphere... where a sexual attraction can exist... Simillarly, A Friend can take the place of Dad / Father / Brother... (and vice versa)... AND can hold onto the DIVINITY of it... become part of it's reverancial state... You understand why Priests are called Fathers / Brothers right? Smile... and not Uncles / Cousins in Church... (OUCH!) And you understand why the "abuse" victims caused an uproar because their belief system was asaulted / shattered... etc... Basically the spiritual force that WORKS a relationship has a specific say... in the way it can sway... Very Happy

NOW, coming to George and Elisabetta... I would love to get a translation of what was finally written in the book... IF you want to colour the "Father" part with the humanitarian effort etc... or mix it up with the "mentor" OR "support" portion... Well... then you might like to evaluate WHO / WHERE, A MENTOR will be??? A mentor, will again fall in the "Friend" category... that equation is very simillar... again IF there is a "sexual" involvement, then it gets treated in the same realm as that of a FRIEND, we saw above... NOT as the "Dad / Father" on it's own...

So... if Elisabetta found George to be a "Father"... and their's was a "Father / Daughter" relationship... something that she could not talk about until the time she did... THEN... everything she said about her relationship with George, in the past... can be termed as FALSE! A LIE! And that would also mean, that her "sexual relationship" / "spousal relationship" with George was FALSE, a LIE! Can you imagine the impact on everything that went on for the last two years (or whatever time period that was) then???

IF you believe that she was trying to work her conscience... and FREE IT... and so admit something she wanted to all along... then... she very clearly has CLOSED HER RELATIONSHIP with George as a SPOUSAL PARTNER... as we, the readers were given to understand earlier... IF her relationship with him was purely PARENTAL... then yes, she must be like Shailene and Amara, who George seems to have already adopted as his children... and who he feels very strongly about, as children, as we can see from interviews...

So, IF that is the case... why should there be a FEAR of Elisabetta "returning" into George's life??? As his daughter??? Or as his anything??? scratch WHAT then does Elisabetta really want??? And where is the problem??? Why haven't we closed the chapter??? And hasn't George and Elisabetta really moved on already??? scratch
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Wed 30 Nov 2011, 19:38

lucy wrote:Have to say betta is one determined women, when she wants something she sets out to get it and doesn't give up easily. Wanted to meet George, well it happened, wanted to live in LA, has and keeps trying to make it permanent. They way she answered the question about marriage to an american to get green card was smart IMO, think after her time as GF of and DWTS , she's finally understanding why some women don't respect her or think her accomplishments are not that impressive. She may not of got everything she wanted from George, but I think she got her chance to fullfill her dream, life in LA. What some consider a dream, I just don't get.

Lucy, this is what I thought, in the way I admire her guts if not her strategy. But ambition requires also practicality, I don't know how strong she is in that respect ?

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 30 Nov 2011, 19:54

Bluebelle: "Her PR people are working overtime. She is all over the blogsphere.."

Strange world we live in... na? Smile A woman in her nakedness, with BRANDs strewn about her, will/can have $$$ thrown in on her "beauty"! While a woman walking the streets, naked in her state of poverty, will be guffawed and jeered, with spittal showered all over... calling her "ugly, dirty, useless mucky" ;-) hahahhahhaaa... whatever... WE make all the rules somewhere Very Happy

Any BODY can rush out of their social set up... scream and shout... wave and pout... and CALL for attention... IF they do land up becoming "famous" anywhere... just because they managed to GET the attention they sought... it only proves that those who HELPED THEM GET IT... "saw" the clothes that that famous Emperor said he was wearing... in that Aesop fable...

Some can call her "determined"... while some can call her just about anything else... BUT then you see... WE are the ones growing her... WE are the ones making her "important / RELEVANT"... so she can simply turn around one fine day, and show us just how much of our lives we have wasted watching her... Very Happy ... calling us the "Fools" hahahhahahaaa

Dear Bluebelle, I was just taking your quote as reference... not trying to point out anything to you in specific... just mulling out loud, no offence meant to you or anyone at all... Hug1
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 30 Nov 2011, 20:14

Pari wrote:Lelacorb: "...and if she was sincere?..."

Just to dwell on this a little more Lelacorb... Smile I find that there are 2 streams if I can call it that... Love for Dads (Fathers) / Brothers fall in the DIVINE... while Love for Uncles / Cousins "CAN" fall in the SPOUSAL... that is... one can marry / wed / have sexual relationship with an Uncle / Cousin... and NOT with a Dad / Brother... Because then, such a relationship would have crushed out the DIVINE part to it... ie., making a Dad / Father relationship into a SPOUSAL one, will mean, changing it's face... making it an INCEST... socially, that is a "sin"... basically, away from the norm...

One can be friends to both of the above sets of people... A Friend can be like an Uncle / Cousin... (and vice versa)... AND that can open another realm to it... an area / sphere... where a sexual attraction can exist... Simillarly, A Friend can take the place of Dad / Father / Brother... (and vice versa)... AND can hold onto the DIVINITY of it... become part of it's reverancial state... You understand why Priests are called Fathers / Brothers right? Smile... and not Uncles / Cousins in Church... (OUCH!) And you understand why the "abuse" victims caused an uproar because their belief system was asaulted / shattered... etc... Basically the spiritual force that WORKS a relationship has a specific say... in the way it can sway... Very Happy

NOW, coming to George and Elisabetta... I would love to get a translation of what was finally written in the book... IF you want to colour the "Father" part with the humanitarian effort etc... or mix it up with the "mentor" OR "support" portion... Well... then you might like to evaluate WHO / WHERE, A MENTOR will be??? A mentor, will again fall in the "Friend" category... that equation is very simillar... again IF there is a "sexual" involvement, then it gets treated in the same realm as that of a FRIEND, we saw above... NOT as the "Dad / Father" on it's own...

So... if Elisabetta found George to be a "Father"... and their's was a "Father / Daughter" relationship... something that she could not talk about until the time she did... THEN... everything she said about her relationship with George, in the past... can be termed as FALSE! A LIE! And that would also mean, that her "sexual relationship" / "spousal relationship" with George was FALSE, a LIE! Can you imagine the impact on everything that went on for the last two years (or whatever time period that was) then???

IF you believe that she was trying to work her conscience... and FREE IT... and so admit something she wanted to all along... then... she very clearly has CLOSED HER RELATIONSHIP with George as a SPOUSAL PARTNER... as we, the readers were given to understand earlier... IF her relationship with him was purely PARENTAL... then yes, she must be like Shailene and Amara, who George seems to have already adopted as his children... and who he feels very strongly about, as children, as we can see from interviews...

So, IF that is the case... why should there be a FEAR of Elisabetta "returning" into George's life??? As his daughter??? Or as his anything??? scratch WHAT then does Elisabetta really want??? And where is the problem??? Why haven't we closed the chapter??? And hasn't George and Elisabetta really moved on already??? scratch

I did not understand what you meant everything but the first part seems to me excessive and pathological. Years ago I had a relationship important for my life. He was 18 years older than me and was an intelligent, cultured and very well known. I loved it so much and gave me especially in culture, worldview and life (he had lived more than me and had much more experience .... it is normal). When our story is over so I have thought that ours was at times been a father-daughter relationship, when I explained some things when he tried to make me understand that life was not as simple as I saw it when he tried to protect me. Surely there was love in our relationship, sex, affection (and still is when I see my heart is still strong) but also a father-daughter relationship. Because there are no mother-child relationship between a mature woman and a man (not necessarily younger) who do not want to grow and today depends on yesterday depended on his wife as his mother?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 30 Nov 2011, 20:38

Good points Lelacorb! I marked you GREEN! Smile

As I said... I would love to read what finally got written Smile Anyways... I accept that it is about "translation / expression" then Smile I have to counter though... that just as a "Father" / "Dad" can exist in a man... so also the same can exist in a woman... and just as a "Mother" / "Mom" can exist in a woman, so also the same can exist in a man... that might make it a bit pathological Very Happy I wish I could draw it out on a black board someplace... ;-)

"Mother" + "Father" LIVES in every MAN + WOMAN
"Adult" + "Child" LIVES in every MAN + WOMAN

BUT, a SPOUSAL relationship / partnership... cannot be defined as PARENTAL / "Father-daughter" / "Mother-son" ... the SPOUSAL is also DIVINE... but a SPOUSAL relationship does NOT take place between the "Father" + ["Child" / "Daughter"]... ie., "Mother" + ["Child" / "Son"]... A SPOUSAL relationship takes place between "Adults"...

SPOUSAL /+ SEXUAL relationship = "Father / Mother" in anyone with "Adult" in anyone
SPOUSAL /+ SEXUAL relationship = "Adult" in anyone with "Adult" in anyone
OK... this is a long list of combinations Smile

I hope that was easier to understand Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 30 Nov 2011, 21:10

Italian bloggers are not all happy about the Peta campaign made by Eli in Piazza del Duomo in Milan. They think it is a publicity stunt and several have started to resent it. I am just pasting one:

lia - 30 novembre 2011 ore 17:45:
Io critico più la PETA,alla fine lei pensa al suo tornaconto,pubblicità,fotografie sui giornali e in rete,insomma quello di cui vive,dato che non fa altro e non sa fare altro.Che impatto ha una pseudo-showgirl nuda contro le pellicce,quando si è spogliata in tutte le salse?Le campagne di sensibilizzazione in genere vanno fatte con personaggi credibili,seriamente impegnati,non così.Ha ragione Ele,che protesta è quella?

I am critizing more Peta, after all she (Canalis) is taking advantage of the publicity, photos on newspapers and TV, that’s all she lives for since she can’t do anything else. What kind of impact do you expect from a naked pseudo-showgirl in the campaign against furs when she has been naked several times before for different reasons. This kind of campaigns should be made by credible people who are seriously committed, not the way she did. Ele (another blogger) is right, what kind of protest was that?

I wish Peta would just do that, hire someone credible.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 30 Nov 2011, 22:50

so other ppl from the press see her reality , that's interesting and refreshing.

she is learning from stacy and now on whosay lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

never saw her using it before ! LOL!

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:33

“I suggest to donate it to the homeless and myself, when I realized that I was owning clothing with animal fur I have gave them away”.

So that is the current position? That she owned clothing with fur and that she gave them away.

Yet back in May when she was doing the first round of PETA press, she stated that after watching a documentary when she was a child, she swore that she would never wear fur and that she has never worn it in her life (even though there are pap shots of her in fur). Quote - “I was a kid, a little girl, and was watching TV at home and they showed a documentary. And in the documentary I saw how they killed little animals, like electrocuting them, drowning them, bludgeoning them. I was shocked because I was a little girl, but by that moment I thought that I would never, never, never wear fur in my life,”

Again, make up your mind and stick to one story. Then you can at least try to appear to have some credibility on the issue.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:47

We said it when she first did it, it was more for herself then PETA. You don't collect exotic leather handbags and shoes and have a problem with animals being killed for fashion. Some of us wrote to PETA and they just want the attention they couldn't care less. Eli seems to have trouble remembering what she said. Besides we all saw her wear fur to the premier with George maybe that is one that she gave away to the homeless!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:51

Dexterdidit wrote:We said it when she first did it, it was more for herself then PETA. You don't collect exotic leather handbags and shoes and have a problem with animals being killed for fashion. Some of us wrote to PETA and they just want the attention they couldn't care less. Eli seems to have trouble remembering what she said. Besides we all saw her wear fur to the premier with George maybe that is one that she gave away to the homeless!

Yes I have said it before that Canalis should write down what she says because months down the road she does not remember anything and she comes up with a different version(s). I also know people who contacted Peta regarding her but they replied that it is a "learning process". Right, Peta! We all know now that this organization is more interested in people WILLING to bare it all to draw public attention to their cause and people like Canalis are enjoying every minute of their stardom in the different streets or piazzas of the world, newspapers, TV, etc. Publicity, GOOD or BAD is still publicity.

While in Milan for Peta she bought a Prada handbag made of deer, now that's wildlife, right?
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 01 Dec 2011, 13:09

SOCIM cut down every year in northern Italy deer and chamois to keep the balance of alpine fauna so when the population of deer and chamois grows too is the same forest ranger to shoot them down. The deer and chamois are delicious eaten with polenta (a dish popular in the Dolomites).
A speech is to breed an animal to skin him alive for the sole purpose of his fur is another animal that is eaten and its skin used to make bags or shoes. PETA is opposed to Milan only to animals kept in cages and tight skinned alive or killed with sticks or with the power not to damage the fur and used only for that purpose.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 01 Dec 2011, 13:53

This article appeared on: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the title says ELISABETTA NOW DANCES NAKED
“I fight against furs”

I won’t translate what has been written already, Peta approaching her, their proposal to appear naked, she accepting right away, etc.. but there are a couple of things in this interview that are new:

Sarà anche vegetariana, allora...
«Purtroppo no. Mangio la carne, ma solo “cage free”. In America faccio la spesa in una catena, “All foods”, che ha solo cibo controllato.

So you must be vegetarian then.. “Unfortunately no. I eat meat but only “cage free meat”. In America I go shopping in a chain grocery called “All foods” (she means WHOLE FOODS) that only sells organic controlled food.

Ha partecipato alla versione americana di “Ballando con le stelle”, da cui però è stata eliminata quasi subito.
«E’ stata un’esperienza bellissima. Pensavo fosse un semplice show televisivo e invece c’era una competizione fortissima. Io mi allenavo per 6 ore al giorno tutti i giorni, ho perso un sacco di chili. E’ vero che sono stata eliminata, ma ero arrivata terza alla gara di ballo. Poi sono andata in ballottaggio con un personaggio molto popolare, Chaz Bono, il figlio di Cher, cosa dovevo fare? Se fossi stata una spettatrice staunitense, anch’io non avrei votato per me».

You were a contestant in the American version of DWTS, but you have been eliminated right away. “It was a beautiful experience. I was expecting a simple TV show but instead it was a very hard competition. I was rehearsing 6 hours per day, every day, I lost a lot of weight. It is true that I was eliminated but I arrived third in the second dance. Then at the votes I lost to Chaz Bono, the son of Cher, what could I do? If I were an american viewer, I wouldn’t have voted for me either.”

Ora che progetti ha?
«A febbraio dovrei partecipare a un altro show. La tv è il mio amore, finché sarà possibile la farò. Questo è uno dei momenti più belli della mia vita, tanto dal punto di vista personale che professionale (interrotto il legame con George Clloney, oggi pare fidanzata con il modello e attore Mehcad Brooks, ndr). Intanto frequento dei corsi di recitazione che per noi stranieri sono difficili il doppio. Devo imparare un copione di 45 minuti e poi recitarlo sul palco. E’ terribile! Però mi aiuta molto: quando vado in tv sono molto più sciolta».

What kind of projects do you have now? “I February I should be in another show. Television is my love, as long as it is possible I will work for it. This is one of the best periods of my life, personally and professionally (after the split from George Clooney, now it looks like she is dating Mehcad Brooks). In the meantime I am taking acting courses that for us, foreigners, are double difficult. I have to learn a script in 45 minutes and then recite it on stage. It is terrible but very helpful: when I go on TV I am more comfortable.

Vive più in America o in Italia?
«Domani (cioè oggi), parto per Los Angeles. Ho una casa nuova. Per me è un vecchio sogno che si realizza. Sono felice».

Do you live more in America than in Italy? “ Tomorrow (actually today) I will return to Los Angeles. I have a new home. For me it is an old dream that has become reality. I am happy”. 

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 01 Dec 2011, 14:00

lelacorb wrote:SOCIM cut down every year in northern Italy deer and chamois to keep the balance of alpine fauna so when the population of deer and chamois grows too is the same forest ranger to shoot them down. The deer and chamois are delicious eaten with polenta (a dish popular in the Dolomites).
A speech is to breed an animal to skin him alive for the sole purpose of his fur is another animal that is eaten and its skin used to make bags or shoes. PETA is opposed to Milan only to animals kept in cages and tight skinned alive or killed with sticks or with the power not to damage the fur and used only for that purpose.

Deer and chamois are delicious eaten with polenta, I know because my mother was from Madonna di Campiglio in the Brenta Dolomites but I never did because venison meat has a "wild" taste that I don't like; however the bag of Eli was of "cervo" which is actually translated in English into "Buck", do you eat buck?

-------

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20