George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler

+57
Snoopy
annemarie
Barbara Garabedian
Letisia Ponce
j
Katarina
hathaross
NotAvailable
playfuldeb
janieb
graceanna
Clooney
pandabear
Stonehenge who?
m4rose
maria4
Sabby
Pari
adgran
lovelylois
bunny
melbert
fava
Coco
lamby
anon.4
blubelle
Lighterside
premiere
lelacorb
socimar
Bidbod
bellybaby
watching
Merlin
LornaDoone
Charley
sisieq
Nanette
iamnoone
laetval
Ello
lolo"layla"
Natascha
Casey
Katiedot
marina
Dexterdidit
lucy
it's me
Henway
MyGirlKylie
sandwiches
cindigirl
sarah ali
fluffy
pattygirl
61 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 Empty Re: George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler

Post by melbert Sat 17 Sep 2011, 17:45

Maybe it's that George and Stacy have been "together" for some time, but since he was still officially with Eli, they couldn't be public. So G&E split in June and the managers tell G&S in July that they can meet again and blossom their romance. Love4
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler  - Page 21 Empty Re: George Clooney’s got a new piece: former WWE star Stacy Keibler

Post by sisieq Sat 17 Sep 2011, 18:02

that story posted by Laetval from music room is an exact re-hash of an interview she gave recently wasn't it? Those comments (undiva-like, able to get on with the boys, play beer pong, can dress up or down, female version of him) were exactly what she said her selling points were. It looks like all this 'reporter' has done is change the words "she said" into "he said".
Yes!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 17 Sep 2011, 18:05

Thanks sis, I was beginning to wonder if I dreamed it!

@Melbert: nice try, but no cigar. If he and Stacy had hooked up earlier then he wouldn't have needed his management to call her because they were already together.

Maybe she agreed to sign the NDA in July?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 17 Sep 2011, 18:10

Ok Katie, I was being a bit snarky, but if the managers make it look like their meeting again for the first time, instead of it going on while he was still officially with Eli, then he doesn't look as much the cad?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 17 Sep 2011, 20:08

I don't think any one will really ever know when they got together unless they both say.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 17 Sep 2011, 21:00

Sources say the pair met again in July this year, thanks to a meeting engineered by the actor's managers and romance soon blossomed.
Isn't this a flip-flop for SK? Didn't she say they were friends and traveled in the same circles. (Not her exact words). So now its just at an Oscar Party?

Keibler first met Clooney in 2006 at an Oscars party

FYI fom article: Keibler, who wrestled under the name Miss Hancock

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 17 Sep 2011, 21:33

managers?
are they (really they) who 'organize' his life?

tell me it's not like that
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 17 Sep 2011, 22:21

I don't think its a flip she said the first time she met him was at a oscar event and he said something about her dancing on DWTS and she was shocked he actually watched it. Those wonderful sources who don't give their names said they traveled in same circles and she is a friend of Cindys so they probably have been around each other.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 17 Sep 2011, 22:25

I don't think its a flip she said the first time she met him was at a oscar event and he said something about her dancing on DWTS and she was shocked he actually watched it. Those wonderful sources who don't give their names said they traveled in same circles and she is a friend of Cindys so they probably have been around each other.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 17 Sep 2011, 22:27

sorry double post

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 17 Sep 2011, 22:38

annemarie wrote:I don't think its a flip she said the first time she met him was at a oscar event and he said something about her dancing on DWTS and she was shocked he actually watched it. Those wonderful sources who don't give their names said they traveled in same circles and she is a friend of Cindys so they probably have been around each other.
Thanks for the clarification!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2011, 23:01

Found this clip of Stacy dancing

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 17 Sep 2011, 23:24

That was good, thanks for the reminder calypso.
Still think it's to much of a coincidence the timing of GC-EC break-up and EC going on DWTS, then GC hookup with one of the DWTS hot dancers. George is getting payback on bettabuns and probably having a hell of a time doing it.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 03:52

I have to break my silence to say this is not even close to samba!!! It maybe has 20 to 30% of samba elements, other than that this is not samba. The rhythm and most of the moves were way far far from being samba. That's all folks, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 18 Sep 2011, 03:58

Hi LouisLane! I'm not trying to argue, but the judges sure thought it was a perfect samba. I can honestly say that when it comes to dancing, I don't know shit from shinola, but they gave her all 10s.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 18 Sep 2011, 04:02

Would have to agree with you LL if you are thinking of the way people samba from Brazil. But for the US and not a trained dancer that is considered good.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Sun 18 Sep 2011, 04:03

Thank you LouisLane - I've thought this SO MANY times when I see clips from either the US or Oz versions of DWTS (I don't watch the full show). I don't recognize any of the dances that they do, be it samba, cha cha, waltz or foxtrot. Yes, they all, as you say have 20 to 30% of the elements, but none of them are an authentic ballroom or Latin American dance. The only ones that are are the jive and rock & roll. Yes I know they have to sex it up (and that's why Stacy got 10s), but it grates when you know how truly elegant real ballroom is and how truly sensual real LA dancing is. That's my rant over too!
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 18 Sep 2011, 04:06

I wonder if that makes the professionals feel a little "icky", not really able to teach the celebrity the full proper ways?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 04:08

Hi Melbert! Yeah, it sure proves these judges know nothing!!!!! at least not about samba. They only had one step ( not so terrible done) from samba. All the other steps were a mix of salsa with Axe (another Brazilian style) + hip hop, that was all. What a joke!

When I have a chance I will post a video of real samba. By the way, there are different samba styles and the one danced in balroom dance is called samba de gafieira.

ps: Yeah, she was majoring in dance from one University, after attending and leaving mass communications ( at least that was written on wikipedia and all over the internet before her "A-list relationship" was officially public- cough!).

Last edited by LouisLane on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 04:11; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 18 Sep 2011, 04:09

Thanks for the lesson!! See, we learn tons of stuff on here!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 18 Sep 2011, 04:30

Melbert in the time they have to work-teach they do a hell of a job. This is not professional ballroom competition, although most of the pro. dancers have won in competitions many times. This is just a way to get dancing back on TV and to get ratings you have to have "Stars" and I'm all for it I love watching people dance to a real band with real musicians. You want real ballroom your watching the wrong channel.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 04:41

I finally found a couple of videos:
Videos 1 and 2 are about the samba de gafieira, which is the samba danced in ballroom dance:

3. If you want more cultural info about Carnaval in Rio, check this video (it's a bit long , but I think it is interesting). Pay attention to the dancer in the marks :4'39" and 7'09'', that's how "carnaval samba" is danced

Sorry katie if I went off topic, but I had to make my point.

Last edited by LouisLane on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 04:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by marina Sun 18 Sep 2011, 05:17

@ Stacy Keibler:
Samba????? Samba????? Hahahahahahahahahaha

@Thank you LouisLane!
It's painful to see how people take the most important things from another people culture and screw all!
Since when, our traditional Gafieira become that idiot movement that they are doing???
I really hope that the judges in the new season learnt something about ballroom samba, bc if Elisabetta Canalis is thinking that she can do something like this with my culture, I personally will kick her tanned butt!

marina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by marina Sun 18 Sep 2011, 05:25

Actress Paola Oliveira dancing ballroom samba - gafieira- DWTS brazilian version

marina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 18 Sep 2011, 06:09

They do watered down versions so they can teach the celebs. I also think they do routines around what a celeb can and can't do. So some dances are clearly better then others especially in the beginning. I know on aussie DWTS if there isn't enough of the moves that are supposed to be their they say something and they get marked down for it. If you are doing the cha cha then the judges expect to see cha cha moves and don't like it if you go too far away. Don't know how the US judges are but ours do tell celebs when they really suck, they have even reduced one or two to tears! We did actually have a show on over here for a couple of years which was a ballroom style dancing competition for pro or semi pro dances. That was good and it showed real dancing. Not sure how Eli is going to go I just have flashbacks of San Remo where she trained for 3 weeks and was still pretty bad but Belen was really good and had the harder dances! I don't think HeVal is going to expect anything but her best and he would be working her like a dog. Eli may surprise us!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:30

I agree with you Dexterdidit, when you question Eli's chances on DWTS. The clips I've seen of her doing the Velina and San Remo, show her doing steps and movements, but not what I perceive as "dancing".

Back to Stacy: I've seen several youtube clips of her now, doing wrestling, dancing and interviews, and I must say she comes across as a lovely person. She's obviously capable, and also friendly, warm and humble.
I have this heretic thought... maybe she's too good for George ?
He treats women like chewing gum; chews until the the juices are gone, and then, spit them out. I hope she guards her heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:17

Video of Stacy, a lady there's nothing else to say!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:21

I can't say anything that is a part of her job and it paid her bills. She could have done a lot worse. Wrestling is a show to entertain.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:24

I think from what I have seen Stacey is a nice young woman. I don't think any woman is too good for George they all know what they are getting with him it is their choice to be with him.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 18 Sep 2011, 14:23

Well that wrestling vid was funny. not a classy job ( american velina ) but her acting skills and timing was much better than betta's while working as a velina. Of course Stacy didn't have to speak but there is alot of physical movement and she did that very well. Was surprised at all the sexual innuendo, but I've never watched women wrestlers so it's a form of entertainment I'm not familiar with.

Marina, and LL sorry you both are so offended but it's for entertainment so they make exceptions to make it work.
Dex the US judges do the same if their are not the right amount of dance moves-steps in routine, but they also take into account was the routine fun to watch etc

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 17:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removing the long space at the end of the post)
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Sep 2011, 14:33

oahhhhhhhhhh

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooongpost!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 18 Sep 2011, 16:06

The tissue is a dancer in TV shows, the wrestler is a fake wrestler in the ring. You tell me what they have in common the ring with a television studio? the same difference that there is (for me to understand) between Manhattan and the Bronx!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Sep 2011, 16:37

both fake ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 18 Sep 2011, 17:00

Wrestling is BORING, BORING, BORING and BORING ! Vomit 1
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 18 Sep 2011, 17:17

WOW!!! Those were great dance clips, thanks very much for posting Give Flowers

I watched some of Stacy's videos (where she speaks), and yes, she does come across as so full of warmth and happiness... feels like a very sweet person Smile Well, I guess, if I understood Italian, I might say the same of Elisabetta as well, from her videos back home Smile Don't know... they seem like sisters in so many ways Smile
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarina Sun 18 Sep 2011, 18:42

Watching the dance video, she really seems like nice, happy, talented person, but every time I see her wrestling I think she is an idiot! It's embarrassing just to watch it, and she did it for 6-7 years..... Weird
Katarina
Katarina
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 18:48

Thanks melbert and Charley for noticing the differences.

Marina, thanks for bringing the Brazilian version of DWTS, they stayed truth (as I expected) to samba de gafieira.

Dex and Lucy, i don't know these judges. But do they have dance background? were they coreographers in any stage of their lives? if yes to both, were they especifically involved to ballroom dance? Thanks if you can answer these questions.

One thing is make a show for entertainment, another thing is to deceive the audience. I did not see the judges making any remarks on the types of "samba" steps they made, not one name. You know what? Worse than that, they even said they brought the Brazilian energy Say wha? (or something like that, I was so shocked that I dont' remember and I refuse to see it again). they were unable to dance any of the basic steps (maybe they did one). Sure, most of the ballroom dance styles are influenced by one and two other styles, but the judges don't even bring up the history when dancers mix them up to back up their judgments and grades. How knowledgeable are they?

If you are really interested in ballroom dance, google the names of the different styles, you will find explanation about history and types of steps.

Was surprised at all the sexual innuendo, but I've never watched women wrestlers so it's a form of entertainment I'm not familiar with.
Thanks for noticing that and pointed that out Lucy. The lingerie wrestling has a lot of sexual connotation to it, no wonder the audience is full of horny dudes. As Ted said before, cray cray and Eli have more in common than we know...

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 18 Sep 2011, 20:14

LL yes to all your questions regrading american judges.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 18 Sep 2011, 21:51

My opinion - the American DWTS is all about SEX. So many of these dances (thanks for the videos (and I did a little of my own looking)) are so sensual and complicated and seem very difficult in so many ways. However, in DWTS, the celebs only have a few days to learn them. I think the pros try to teach them the basic steps (per the judges requirements), but then it's all about the show. Sex it up for the audience to be impressed, wear tight and/or skimpy outfits to distract from their lack of dancing skills. Now that I made that statement, I need to also say that, in my opinion, there have been some outstanding celebs who worked really hard with their pros and at least made it look like it was the real thing.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Sep 2011, 22:49

ciao Katarina
nice pics!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Sun 18 Sep 2011, 23:14

I just finished watching the video of the pillow fight....George what the hell are you thinking. Sorry but between Eli and Stacy, Sarah seems so pure. Yikes, George needs to hire someone to find him a woman, or fire the one who is helping him now. Is this woman, (Stacy) not embarrassed, I am.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Sep 2011, 23:17

boh
he lost his brain
maybe
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 18 Sep 2011, 23:55

Here is Stacy doing the Cha Cha. However, I think its weird music for this dance - IMHO

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 19 Sep 2011, 01:22

I don't know about US judges but yes at least two of ours have been professional ballroom dances and even professional judges. One is a guy who has danced in musicals etc for years and Paul Mercurio actually judged for sometime. They do talk about the entertainment value but the steps being true are more important at least over here. We have the sexy factor too but also a comedy factor. There was a guy called Grant Denyer and he started out bad but he tried and was funny he ended up doing one of the best dances of the competition to a pulp fiction song I think. They rarely give out 10's over here and can be very harsh. I noticed over on the DWTS forum there is a lot of support for HeVal he is known because of Maks and they are really looking forward to the brotherly competition. I think Eli has done well to get him he has a really good reputation!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 01:36

Lucy: Unfortunately, that was not what I saw on the video. They made no technical comments about the samba ballroom steps. The judges made it looked like the "star" and her dancer did it right. Now you know they didn't AT ALL! If I ever watch DWTS, I will doubt their opinions.

ps: I am droppping the topic since I already made apoint. Lol. See you ladies!

Last edited by LouisLane on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 01:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo+ added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 02:16

There have been questions asked re: the American Judges. First, only one judge is actually American, Carrie Ann Inaba who was born in Hawaii. She's listed as being an actor, dancer, and singer. As far as I can tell from readings, she was a backup dancer and a dancer in music videos. Bruno Tonioli is listed as a choreagrapher. He also was a show dancer, Neither of them had ballroom dancing experience listed, so the type of dancing performed on DWTS would be in their perview as it is primarily "show" type dancing, very athletic and showy. Len Goodman, however, is a retired professional ballroom dancer, a dance competition judge and also runs a dance school in Dartford, Kent. They all are qualified to judge the caliber of dance that is performed on DWTS as it is none of it truly classic work. Even the waltz, when performed hasn't got the quality which comes with months and months of practice. They all try THEIR best within the time alloted, within the perimeters set for them by the producers. They are ultimately there to entertain, and truly the TV audiences really wouldn't want to see true ballroom sambas, cha chas, rumbas, waltzs, meringaes(spelled wrong), etc. They want it jazzed up, sexy, and very athletic. It is geared toward those who watch it faithfully and they love it, right down to the last step.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Mon 19 Sep 2011, 02:46

If the audience wouldn't or doesn't want to see true ballroom and LA dancing - which I agree with BTW - then why, oh why, do the producers of DWTS call the routines samba, cha cha, waltz etc? Why not just say, "Here is Stacy Keibler and (her partner's name) dancing TO (name of song)? While I agree with LouisLane that they do not dance the real dances, I do think most are good dancers - some are awful and some are fabulous - but why try to deny that what they do is anything other than stage dancing? The training of non-professional dancers would still be the same, the complexity of the dances would be just the same, and the resultant routine would be the same. Just don't call it what it isn't. Call it what it is.
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 20 Sep 2011, 09:11

I'm creating a new thread for Stacy as this one's too long. Please don't post any more comments here!

Thanks!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21