George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 EmptyToday at 19:09 by party animal - not!

» George in Tuscany
George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015

+27
catwoman
benex
Doug Ross
janieb
premiere
LornaDoone
annemarie
blubelle
Way2Old4Dis
Silje
party animal - not!
lelacorb
Joanna
Donnamarie
PigPen
melbert
Alisonfan
Sevens
/
Katiedot
amaretti
kat19
hathaross
Hebe
LizzyNY
fava
Nicky80
31 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015

Post by fava Wed 06 May 2015, 19:29

Way2Old4Dis wrote:So, despite having the entire world of couture designers available to her and probably eager to serve her, Amal "wanted" to wear a dress by a man who was disgraced by an anti-Semitic rant? I'm going to vote 'no' on that one.

Alcohol and drugs do many, many bad things to the mind, but they do not implant a new belief system. The guy said anti-Semitic things because they were there, in his private beliefs, and came out with the drugs and drink. I'm not saying he shouldn't be given the chance to perform his life's work. But I am saying that the "I was drunk and high" apology is disingenuous and not to be accepted.

And that Amal was used by Anna W to reboot this guy's career.

I hope a newsworthy dress (that she will probably never wear again) for a big fashion night was worth it.

And please don't tell me that this couldn't be true because George either wouldn't allow it, or wouldn't marry someone who would do it. Amal is a grown-ass woman, has a good sense of the world because of the opportunities that she grew up with, and knows exactly what the fuck she's doing.

Agree Way2. I was surprised by her choice because I figure she has to know that there are people who accuse her of being anti-Israel and Galliano might be controversial. 

Do you think ant-semitism is excused easier than a rant about something else--say anti-woman, anti-black or anti-gay?  My husband and I were talking over the weekend and he said they he believes he will see a female president in his lifetime but will not live to see a Jewish one (husband is Jewish by the way).

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015

Post by catwoman Wed 06 May 2015, 19:53

This dress Amal are using is concrete proof that a good dress, beautiful and good fit, can turn a broomstick in an attractive body. I'm worried about George, he is frighteningly old, it's amazing how aged after this marriage and also seems to be always drunk.
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SideEyeSally Wed 06 May 2015, 20:05

Way2Old4Dis and fava, I too share your take on the selection of the dress and the controversial designer. Anna seems to be the puppet-master in the revamping of his career. I would hope that Amal went into this arrangement with eyes wide open - and that the ramifications were worth it. No one wants to feel "used". Comments on Celebitchy raise similar questions...including that of rumored recent breast augmentation. Perception surrounding her being anti-Israel continue. Even more so, thanks to the biggest night of fashion.

SideEyeSally
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 06 May 2015, 20:15

Yes Donnamarie, I've just read the whole article.
It's quite a fascinating read and I must agree
that we are all capable of making errors.
But if true remorse is within the heart and actions,
then forgiveness is the right way to go.
We're straying slightly off topic here aren't we ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 06 May 2015, 20:17

Breast augmentation?! Really? Someone needs to look at the Florence pix

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 06 May 2015, 20:17

Thank you Way2 and fava.  You expressed my thoughts and feelings better than I could have.  Alcohol and drugs release inhibitions and often the rants that emanate express true feelings.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 06 May 2015, 20:44

Way2Old4Dis wrote:So, despite having the entire world of couture designers available to her and probably eager to serve her, Amal "wanted" to wear a dress by a man who was disgraced by an anti-Semitic rant? I'm going to vote 'no' on that one.

Alcohol and drugs do many, many bad things to the mind, but they do not implant a new belief system. The guy said anti-Semitic things because they were there, in his private beliefs, and came out with the drugs and drink. I'm not saying he shouldn't be given the chance to perform his life's work. But I am saying that the "I was drunk and high" apology is disingenuous and not to be accepted.

And that Amal was used by Anna W to reboot this guy's career.

I hope a newsworthy dress (that she will probably never wear again) for a big fashion night was worth it.

And please don't tell me that this couldn't be true because George either wouldn't allow it, or wouldn't marry someone who would do it. Amal is a grown-ass woman, has a good sense of the world because of the opportunities that she grew up with, and knows exactly what the fuck she's doing.

agree on that. It is all Business and they have to Play that game.....

annemarie wrote:I think giving him another chance was fine whether it was or Amal or not someone would have worn the dress. I don't think either George or Amal were used they chose to give the designer a chance and help him others are also as he is designing for Mason Martinggela. Sorry about the spelling.

I disagree on that. Somebody who is a racist shouldn't give another chance like that. They never change. They are not worth it.
I'm white and have blue eyes but once I was in London in a Cinema. And while we were waiting for the movie to start I spoke to my friend in German "whispering" like anyone else. An older white english man in front of us stood up came to us, sit right next to me and had his face in my face saying "I don't know where you come from but here we speak english". I could not believe it. Let me tell you that i was so pissed that even security came as I was ready to beat the shit out of him.
Racist don't deserve another chance. They are little Hitlers....I don't care about they excuses.....There are mistakes in life you can do and deserve another chance and then there are others it is not about a second chance it is just about career, fame, Money.......but the marketing is so good that People really believe he is sorry and deserve another chance..... Evil or Very Mad

Doug Ross wrote:I think we should separate work from personal life.
What a person does in his life only concerns him and the people who know him. His life shouldn't affect his work.

He's a racist but what we have to judge is his work, his dresses, not his thoughts, he's a stylish..
If I buy one of his dresses, I buy his creation not his ideas. When I'm wearing it, I'm not defending his racial thoughts or comments, I'm just wearing a dress that I like. His works are a thing, his thought another. Unless he's discriminating some races with his dresses, I don't see anything bad about buying one of them. 

(I'm sorry if my english is bad.)
100% disagree. If you buy his dress you support a racist with money. You give him money. And with that money he does what? Drink again and take drugs to be anti-Semitic and blame it on the drugs and alcohol again?
Before I spent money on anyone who is a racist I rather buy a Jay Z / Kayne West CD and sent it to the fucker as a gift with a note "welcome back asshole".

OK, I better stop commenting on that. It makes my blood boil. Whatever you guys opinions are on that I respect that and i respect Amal's choice too but for me the designer can go to hell and and visit Hitler.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 06 May 2015, 20:50

I hear what everyone is saying.. and I agree, a racist is a racist is a racist.  But  in celebrityland... it's different rules, apparently.  If this was a major issue for the group at the Met gala... would Amal been allowed to even consider wearing this bozo's design.  . It would have been brought to Amal's attention (one would hope) ' wearing this designer could damage or kill your career... don't even go to his salon"

Being that we're discussing it more than anyone else..........???????????????????

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 06 May 2015, 20:52

I'll make two points and then I'll shut up. One is that Anna Wintour seems to have taken Amal under her wing as far as how to get the most media mileage out of her wardrobe. If she suggested Galliano I doubt that Amal would object if she liked the gown.

The other thing is, I don't think Galliano's anti-semitism would bother her a heck of a lot. She grew up surrounded by anti-Israel sentiment, which usually has anti-semitism as a component. If he doesn't like Jews, who cares? She's just wearing the dress.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Wed 06 May 2015, 21:03

I've worked with many people who have had serious drugs/alcohol problems who have said and done some dreadful things while under the influence of noxious substances that they would not have done under normal circumstances. What they did had far reaching consequences for them and it was extremely hard for them to become 'clean'. Fortunately many were able to make positive changes and with help were able to lead productive lives. I think everyone needs to have a second chance if they face their problems and do what they can to make amends. I believe that Galliano should also get a second chance too.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 06 May 2015, 21:05

UPigPen wrote:I hear what everyone is saying.. and I agree, a racist is a racist is a racist.  But  in celebrityland... it's different rules, apparently.  If this was a major issue for the group at the Met gala... would Amal been allowed to even consider wearing this bozo's design.  . It would have been brought to Amal's attention (one would hope) ' wearing this designer could damage or kill your career... don't even go to his salon"

Being that we're discussing it more than anyone else..........???????????????????
Anna is in charge of the event (at least I think I heard that), so I would assume she makes the rules.  She also apparently chose Amal's dress.  I think that is why some are saying she used Amal for her own agenda.  

There are different rules in "celebrity land". --I think they are stricter not looser in matters of being publicly associated with something like anti-semitism.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 06 May 2015, 21:17

I just read all these comments and I am stunned how easy it is for some to pass judgement so easily.  Did anyone read the article that I mentioned earlier that PAN posted. If you read it and still feel the same way fine.  This man didn't take a person's life.  He said hateful and vile things about Jewish people.  He has apologized. Read the article. It's long but definitely worth it.  The world is not black and white.  It is gray and most people deserve a second chance when they have done wrong.  Especially if they have seen and acknowledged the wrong they have done.

If anything I will say Amal was brave to wear his dress.
She is a smart woman and knew what the reaction might be. She was willing to take a chance on Galliano. Other famous women have too. 

For anyone to assume Amal has anti-Semitic views is reckless and without any merit.  For what it's worth my husband and children are Jewish.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 06 May 2015, 21:26

Donnamarie wrote:I just read all these comments and I am stunned how easy it is for some to pass judgement so easily.  

You do the same, your judgement is that he deserves another chance. Which is fine and I respect your judgement. And my judgement differ from yours.

We all do easy judgements. That belongs to our daily lifes to make decisions.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 06 May 2015, 22:59

He is working for a different  company so basically he is being given a second chance by the margiela company. Hebe thank you, I have had people who have had alcohol and drug problems in my family and I know that these things can cause the best people to do and say horrendous things. For those who think oh I drink and have never done this the difference is you are not an alcoholic or addicted the mind set is jut totally different.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 06 May 2015, 23:20

Donnamarie - I wish I were more articulate so I could explain why Amal wearing that dress bothers me. The thing is, I believe Galliano does deserve a chance to re-establish his career. I think we're all too politically correct and quick to punish someone who makes a mistake.

That being said, I still wish she hadn't made that choice. Just as I wish she made some different choices in her professional life. To me it shows a kind of indifference to, or a disconnect from, the feelings of people not as fortunate as herself. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining myself well. It's difficult to put my thoughts about this into words.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 06 May 2015, 23:27

Way2, this time I disagree with you. 
Fave, I was just thinking about him and Lars Von Trier.

Nicky please, buying one of his dress I'm not financing any racial campaign..

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 07 May 2015, 01:53

Hebe wrote:I've worked with many people who have had serious drugs/alcohol problems who have said and done some dreadful things while under the influence of noxious substances that they would not have done under normal circumstances. What they did had far reaching consequences for them and it was extremely hard for them to become 'clean'. Fortunately many were able to make positive changes and with help were able to lead productive lives. I think everyone needs to have a second chance if they face their problems and do what they can to make amends. I believe that Galliano should also get a second chance too.

Really appreciate your insight Hebe.  Thanks for sharing.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 07 May 2015, 02:34

Donnamarie wrote:For anyone to assume Amal has anti-Semitic views is reckless and without any merit.  For what it's worth my husband and children are Jewish.
She grew up around it with her mother, Baria, being very anti-Semitic.  Baria has many interviews online where she has spoken her feeling about Israel and Jewish people.  So, there is merit there.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 07 May 2015, 03:02

She grew up with her mother that does not mean her views are the same as her  mothers, she is an intelligent and educated woman. My daughter has grown up with me and we certainly don't have the same opinions or  feelings on many things.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 07 May 2015, 03:22

Ok, we're going off topic here.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Thu 07 May 2015, 03:24

Melbert,

To have a vehement opposition to Israel's policies against the Palestinian people does not make you "anti-Semitic". People need to make this distinction clear. It is not racist or anti-Semitic to criticize the Israeli government. I haven't seen Baria or Amal throw slurs or make anti-Semitic statements against Jewish people. I have seen them make legitimate arguments against Israel's policies. Those are two VERY different things.

criticism of a regime or country's policies is absolutely valid. Just because you hold a different view on that dispute doesn't mean the person on the other side of it is hateful and anti-Semitic. To call Baria anti-Semitic for having sympathy for Palestine or disagreeing with Israel is completely reckless and unfounded. To disagree with a governing body doesn't mean you hate their people.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 07 May 2015, 04:58

Holy fucking good golly. It's ONE dress people. She's not walking with a placard saying Fuck All Jewish People. Geesh!

okay we have anything else to say about the GALA?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 07 May 2015, 06:34

Hehe Lorna.....You know women, we like to talk about Dresses no matter what Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Well at least the designer got the Attention/discussion he wanted. Wink

I'm so happy George does't wear Dresses lol! At least he had a nice white tie
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Thu 07 May 2015, 09:01

note : Cate Blanchett In Maison Margiela Couture 2015 Oscars - created by John Galliano
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 07 May 2015, 13:52

I am not going to excuse John’s behaviour ….not in the least…..However, I think nobody can understand the pressures he was under at Dior… These houses know how to turn on the screws….demanding more and more collections….AND that you be available for PR crap……So he drank……show me a creative individual who doesn’t go to bed at night hoping that the “talent/creativity” won’t have flown out the window by morning.…So you sleep in fear, and wake up with a hang over and a head full of colours and explosions and shapes…..If your truly as creative as John and the late Lee….You re-create everything in your day…..the restaurant you sit in…..the shoes the person next to you is wearing……the inside of the car you get a lift in, it never stops…..It’s exhausting!…..and exciting….yet overnight you go to bed in fear….

The fear is poverty…..every top designer has at some stage lost IT ALL…..if not once several times over…

So lets look at the mess that was the Met Gala….and Amal”s dress.

The theme was “China”, apart from some overdone embroidery….where was China….

Here is where you see John almost back on form…..John may not even have meant it, but the bodice of Amal’s gown echoed the Terracotta Army of China, (sorry I forgot how to post pics maybe one of our mods will do for me)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So you say that was easy, copy or interpret a Terracotta soldier vest…..NOT so easy…..from what I can see the bodice is a work of architecture, made in leather pieces and and rivets same as the Terracotta Army, John had to find a tannery to come up with a shade of red that flattered Amal, echoed the word “terracotta” so not too red…..and the process goes on and on, matching cloth to leather hue, third and fourth fabric…shade of gold for the rivets width and size of rivet….it never ends…. I hope this helps you all understand, and this is just one dress....not six collections at Dior...

Did I like it ? yes and no, I feel he ran out of time with the skirt, or maybe it was changed by Anna or Amal….it was too good an opportunity to miss for so much more, the skirt does jar with the explosive creativity of the bodice….I feel sure he could or did come up with so much more….maybe we will one day see what he had in his minds eye….”cos this is Galliano light…..

As for the rest of the MET, did they not read the invite CHINA CHINA CHINA!!!!!!

All those designer…so little creativity….where were the Chinese fans, the 2 foot curling nails, the Kites, the Red was there but what happened to the Water, Metal, and Wood????
How did NOBODY arrive carried in a Chinese Sedan Chair…..why did nobody make a dress totally of Chinese knotting (sorry Sienna but two tassels hanging from your ears don’t cut it)….The Beijing Opera (well SJP, kinda gave it a go)… lanterns, panda’s, tigers, and look what we ended up with a bit of a dragon embroidered on dresses worn with no nickers….

The Met for me this year was confused and a bit trashy….

And John did a good job.....

Last edited by What Would He Say on Thu 07 May 2015, 13:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong link)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 07 May 2015, 14:38

Wow WWHsay....that was a very enlightening 
peice of writing. Thank You.
I just saw the dress as a dress and really 
liked it.

Going back to the article and interview with Galliano.
It is worth a study by anyone who is 
seriously interested in him.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 07 May 2015, 14:52

Yes WWHS, what wonderful knowledge you have on the subject.  Thanks for sharing with us.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 07 May 2015, 15:07

WWHS - You sound really familiar with the fashion industry and I agree with everything you said about the Galliano dress and the GALA. I expected more of a Chinese influence on the fashion, but only a few gowns seemed to fit the theme. Galliano's design was one of them. I loved the bodice but thought the skirt seemed a little unfinished - maybe it needed pressing or hemming or something, but it didn't quite match the quality of the bodice. Still, it was a masterful piece of work.

I understand what you said about pressure, but we all deal with that and the anxiety that goes with it. It may explain bad behavior but it can't excuse it. Does Galliano deserve a second chance? Sure he does. Everyone does. Hopefully it's appreciated.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 07 May 2015, 15:24

I think in a way it was good that a lot of these people didn't try to do china, what they could have come up with would probably have been down right insulting. I don't understand how designers can't research the history and come up with ideas that are respectful yet interesting. I think Galliano did a good job considering what some of the others came up with even phillip lim didn't seem to try. And what was the nude dresses, o.k j los was a dragon I understand that Kims was a copy of something Cher wore I don't know what Beyonce was supposed to be.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 07 May 2015, 16:33

annemarie I felt the same way about the nude dresses - J Lo, Beyoncé and Kim.  But they definitely got lots of attention.

Regarding Amal's dress Galliano created a similar dress which can be seen on the Amal fashion blog.  It's similar in structure but far more dramatic.  The bodice is different. The bodice of Amal's dress was just stunning.  I think in person you would see much more of what's going on in the layers in the body of the dress.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 07 May 2015, 16:37

Joanna wrote:Wow WWHsay....that was a very enlightening 
peice of writing. Thank You.
I just saw the dress as a dress and really 
liked it.

Going back to the article and interview with Galliano.
It is worth a study by anyone who is 
seriously interested in him.

Hi Darling Jo....No read about Lee McQueen first.... Then you will get an insight into the pressure....Lee hung himself in February (just before fashion week, and the day before his own Mothers funeral) 2010.....

As John is still alive (God knows how) you won't get the insight....I think there was a book about Lee published recently that I heard told it like it is....but I will try to get the name of it for you.....

Yep most people just saw the dress as a dress, I hope John told Anna and Amal his inspiration, sometimes designer are not even aware themselves....as George would say it's a kind of Alchemy....

I think this crosses all arts look at Blurred Lines and Marvin Gay.....sometimes it comes out of your head and you are unaware where the inspiration came from......
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 07 May 2015, 16:42

I don't know what Beyonce was supposed to be.

The center of attention.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 07 May 2015, 16:55

LizzyNY wrote:WWHS - You sound really familiar with the fashion industry and I agree with everything you said about the Galliano dress and the GALA. I expected more of a Chinese influence on the fashion, but only a few gowns seemed to fit the theme. Galliano's design was one of them. I loved the bodice but thought the skirt seemed a little unfinished - maybe it needed pressing or hemming or something, but it didn't quite match the quality of the bodice. Still, it was a masterful piece of work.

I understand what you said about pressure, but we all deal with that and the anxiety that goes with it. It may explain bad behavior but it can't excuse it. Does Galliano deserve a second chance? Sure he does. Everyone does. Hopefully it's appreciated.

Hi Lizzy....in all honesty only a limited second chance.....you see that was not his first outburst, there was a similar incident a year before......but yet again(then) the pressure was enormous....

Everybody thinks the fashion industry is all lovies, like acting.....some are like Anna, and even the pressure on young designers is huge just to be able to rub shoulders and act as if you belong inside The Set....Some feel they have to be "better" than someone....

If he blows it this time....it's gone....

Last edited by What Would He Say on Thu 07 May 2015, 17:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 07 May 2015, 17:04

Donnamarie wrote:annemarie I felt the same way about the nude dresses - J Lo, Beyoncé and Kim.  But they definitely got lots of attention.

Regarding Amal's dress Galliano created a similar dress which can be seen on the Amal fashion blog.  It's similar in structure but far more dramatic.  The bodice is different. The bodice of Amal's dress was just stunning.  I think in person you would see much more of what's going on in the layers in the body of the dress.

Donnamarie.....very perceptive of you that's what makes me think the bottom was hurried....or changed with no time to be re-crative.  I think the bodice was only half the story here....I can feel it in my waters, this could have gone much further and even though it was a knock out dress....It had the ability to be much more.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 07 May 2015, 17:11

I feel sorry for Beyonce, Kim and J-lo.....Any ONE would have been good .......but turning up like the 3 degrees (there was a 4th Bradley Coopers GF)  was overkill....

Cooper GF, did a nice thing, had the invitation graphic embroidered on her gown.....but it does look as if at  "designer level" they only just discovered the mesh used on Strictly Come Dancing or US Dancing with the Stars......and not in a good way.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 07 May 2015, 18:04

WWHS, love your description of the half naked ladies as the 3 degrees.  They should have all posed together, backs and heads toward the camera.  The Bad Asses. Beyoncé then could have broke into song.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 May 2015, 18:18

Thank you WWHS. So it was leather. Wow, what a combination...you know, I wondered if it might have been made so that the bottom half of the skirt could be taken off.......can't imagine who might have wanted to do that!..........just a thought.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 May 2015, 18:23

Another shot from the event

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 07 May 2015, 20:11

Would having that dress in two pieces have been easier for her to move in I mean leather is heavy in itself. Her bag was designed to look like the top of her gown.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 07 May 2015, 20:13

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
I don't know what Beyonce was supposed to be.

The center of attention.

She tried but Rihanna took it away from her that coat was amazing.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 07 May 2015, 20:46

party animal - not! wrote:Thank you WWHS. So it was leather. Wow, what a combination...you know, I wondered if it might have been made so that the bottom half of the skirt could be taken off.......can't imagine who might have wanted to do that!..........just a thought.......

It hasn't been confirmed....I'm going by eye, fluidity and Galliano (himself I would hope for) indicate's leather...jmo at best....but I think the best interpretation of the Terracotta Army would be leather.... But HE may not have been conscience that was what he was interpreting.....Also have a look at this video, he talks of a visit to Italy and taking inspiration from Italian renaissance armoury.....So not the first time....The bias cut dress(inspired by Mr Dior's love of gardening) would have been fine for Gala too, see all the Chinese knotting at the back...

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 07 May 2015, 20:49

This is hard to watch....it explains better than I ever could....

Jo, this is for you...as you have an interest....

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 07 May 2015, 21:04

Anna Wintour "Adores" Kanye West, Says George Clooney "Gets a Pass" at the Met Gala

Fresh off the 2015 Met Gala, Anna Wintour is ready to open up not only about the ensembles she saw but also the people who attended!
Appearing on Late Night With Seth Meyers, the Vogue editor-in-chief talked gowns, suits and Kanye West. "I adore Kanye," she said.
This is not a drill. Fashion's most iconic woman "adores" the "Only One" rapper, and now that he has officially entered that industry, we can only picture their relationship blossoming! We digress...
"The wonderful thing about Kanye is he likes to talk and basically likes to talk about anything sort of like Karl Lagerfeld," she said. (Try not to stumble over Kanye and Karl being named in the same sentence.)
The gushing continued. "[Kanye's] brilliant," she said. "I like to listen, so we have a very close relationship."
It's "the perfect match," host Seth Meyers joked.

As fashion connoisseurs know, the Met Gala has a changing dress code. Last year's event was white tie, but this year Wintour decided to make it "Chinese white tie," which left many confused. She dished that many called her team to explain, "in detail," what it meant exactly.
Her answer? "White tie with a touch of China." That clears it up!
But she had a sense of humor about her choice, joking, "I made it up."
Although she didn't go into too much detail about outfits she didn't like, she did name specific stars she thought looked great including Anne HathawayDwyane WadeJustin Bieber and George Clooney.
The late night talk show host had to pause on Clooney, however, because by the end of the night he wasn't even wearing tie at all! It turns out he doesn't have to.

"First of all, he has Amal [Clooney] on his arm, and he's George Clooney," she clarified. "He doesn't have to wear anything."
"That's just a freebie," Meyers quipped.
To find out what else she had to say about the Met Gala, including the "handsome sandwich" she was part of, watch the video!
(E! and NBC are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 07 May 2015, 21:10

Anna Wintour got jokes! Watch her LOL 'Late Night' appearance

When The Devil Wears Prada is a thinly-veiled “tribute” to you, being funny doesn’t seem like something that’s in your wheelhouse.
Well, much to our surprise, Anna Wintour successfully cracked that infamously icy veneer Thursday evening, when she stopped by Late Night with Seth Meyers and brought out her bag of Met Gala jokes.
First of all, Anna, who chairs the annual star-studded event, admitted that she plucked this year’s theme, “China: Through the Looking Glass” out of thin air!
Actually, I just thought all the men looked so incredibly handsome including you, of course, Seth, last year in their white tie and tails that I made it up. I mean “Chinese White Tie” – it sounds great.
Then, the Vogue editor-in-chief brought more funny when Meyers called her out for sitting in the middle of the “handsome sandwich” that is George Clooney and Bradley Cooper. After all, the woman who admitted to having “a little influence” over the seating chart, is definitely NOT stupid.
Usually I spend a lot of time walking around the tables saying hello to everybody. You may have noticed this time I did not leave my seat.

Yeah, we wouldn’t have either! And it turns out, Mrs. Wintour is a BIG fan of Clooney’s, offering this flattering fashion critique.

He has Amal on his arm, and he’s George Clooney. He doesn’t have to wear anything.

But, when it comes to Met Gala after parties, Anna lets the stars have their fun alone, because she has more important things to attend to.

I retire with George Clooney.

Get it, girl!

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Mon 25 May 2015, 06:36

I just found this picture of George and Amal with Eddie Redmayne and his wife Hannah at the met ball...

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 25 May 2015, 07:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 25 May 2015, 10:23

Nice Picture thanks Kat Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Fri 31 Jul 2015, 00:01

Here's video of them leaving the Met Gala....I don't think this was ever posted here.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 25 Feb 2016, 12:59

So now there's a documentary about the evening which would explain why Anna Wintour wanted cell phones banned..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 25 Feb 2016, 14:05

The trailer looks great! I never thought of making a docu about such an event. Could be interesting for every event planner... Wink
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next