George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney

+6
Donnamarie
zzz
Nicky80
melbert
party animal - not!
Way2Old4Dis
10 posters

Go down

Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney Empty Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 06:34

OK I posted this thread before but it disappeared. If we have now two by accident I#m sorry. Can't find the other one so here it is again

Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney

On the heels of the 2011 documentary Gloria – In Her Own Words, HBO is revisiting the life and career of feminist icon Gloria Steinem with Ms., a miniseries that would star Oscar winner Marisa Tomei as the journalist and social activist. George Clooney, his producing partner Grant Heslov and Bruce Cohen executive produce the project, now in development, which is toplined/exec produced by Tomei and Kathy Najimy. The mini takes a look at the creation of Ms. Magazine in 1971 through the eyes of the the woman who co-founded and ran it,  Steinem (Tomei), and her best friend, member of the US House of Representatives Bella Abzug (Najimy). The project also will reflect on those whose lives Ms. changed during the world-altering early days of the Women’s Movement. Steinem serves as consultant.

Ms. expands HBO’s relation with Tomei, who just inked a first-look development deal with the pay cable network to develop, produce and possibly star in projects.
Tomei, repped by Untitled Entertainment, CAA and Jackoway Tyerman, can be seen in Ira Sachs’ Love Is Strange, which was nominated for 4 Independent Spirit Awards, as well as The Rewrite, opposite Hugh Grant. She is in production on Love, The Coopers alongside Diane Keaton and Olivia Wilde, and has a cameo role in Judd Apatow’s upcoming film, Trainwreck.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney Empty Re: Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney

Post by Katiedot Tue 24 Feb 2015, 06:40

Found the other thread. Deleted it. Cool

Sounds like an interesting project - and one that's far from George's usual 'boys only' territory.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney Empty Re: Marisa Tomei To Play Gloria Steinem In HBO Mini Produced By George Clooney

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 24 Feb 2015, 12:15

Just what I was thinking. Of course, George had always had good business sense, and this is where the business is now. And  I think it's part of his personal reassessment after the past year, when he apparently felt he'd "lost (his) touch."

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 24 Feb 2015, 14:03

I think unless acting roles are perfectly suited for George he will be much happier and more personally fulfilled  directing and producing in the future.  He does have a really good business sense and I think he'd really like to continue to hone his directing skills and build the next chapter in his career on behind the camera projects.
Just the way I see it.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 19:20

Katiedot wrote:Found the other thread.  Deleted it.  Cool

Sounds like an interesting project - and one that's far from George's usual 'boys only' territory.  

Thanks Katie.

I think too it is a great project as it is different what he has done before. I think it is important to do something different in your carreer. If you always do the same you get boring one day in Hollywood. Maybe he felt this way too.

It is great that he is open for new different things.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 24 Feb 2015, 19:29

I agree Nicky - a bit of new territory for George.  A female centered story is a nice change for G but it will center on something near and dear to him - jounalism.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 24 Feb 2015, 23:35

And not any old female in Steinem, but a full blooded feminist. Marisa Tomei was the demon journalist at the heart of 'The Ides of March' wasn't she?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 25 Feb 2015, 02:26

Yes.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 25 Feb 2015, 04:12

It seems that he's comfortable producing these kind of stories (remember August: Orange County?) but not so much in directing/being in them.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 25 Feb 2015, 04:15

Tomei gave a solid performance as the reporter in Ides. She is a terrific actress. But I don't see her in too many roles so it will be great to see her take on such a challenging character as Steinem!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 06:22

Katiedot wrote:It seems that he's comfortable producing these kind of stories (remember August: Orange County?) but not so much in directing/being in them.

Maybe it is an "Image conflict". Don't mean it in the bad way. George has a curtain kind of movie Image maybe he is still figuring out how to combine it with stories like this??? (Just thinking out loud now)
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz Wed 25 Feb 2015, 08:20

Hello. This should be great to see. Gloria Steinem is a wonderful role model for feminism.

zzz
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 25 Feb 2015, 15:49

Donnamarie wrote:I think unless acting roles are perfectly suited for George he will be much happier and more personally fulfilled  directing and producing in the future.  He does have a really good business sense and I think he'd really like to continue to hone his directing skills and build the next chapter in his career on behind the camera projects.
Just the way I see it.
Totally agree, Donnamarie. He's been saying for quite a while that he's moving away from acting into production and the business side of the business. Not only does he find it more creative, but on a personal level he doesn't have to worry about putting on a few extra pounds or getting a few wrinkles. He's been a "star" for so long, maybe it's time he relaxed a little and stopped worrying about how he looks on screen.

I'm glad to see Marisa Tomei has a bunch of projects coming up. She's really talented and doesn't get enough exposure.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 25 Feb 2015, 18:02

That's how I feel LizzyNY. Tomei is very talented and she hasn't been seen in that many films.  And she's pretty versatile in that she can do comedy and drama equally well.  Will be interesting to see who will direct.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 25 Feb 2015, 20:37

Katiedot wrote:Found the other thread.  Deleted it.  Cool

Maybe it's because he's married now and that has uncovered 
new creative territories for him ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 27 Feb 2015, 00:23

Ooh, I like Marisa Tomei, but I don't like her for this part AT ALL. Hope George's usually great instincts for casting PAN out.

Katie, I'm not sure if you noticed, but you called his last female-centered movie "August: ORANGE County", which made me giggle as that would have been a VERY different movie that would probably have starred most of his exes. Smile (as in Orange County, CA, better known as The O.C.)
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Feb 2015, 05:04

hahahahahaaa! You know, I looked at it for ages wondering why it seemed wrong! Thanks!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 27 Feb 2015, 15:34

Missa - I'm curious. Why don't you like her for this part? She's certainly a good enough actress, and she even looks like Steinem did when she was younger. Is it the kind of thing George meant when he said he couldn't play Murrow - that people just didn't think of him that way?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down