George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

+53
Silje
Atalante
party animal - not!
globalchick
LornaDoone
Donnamarie
Cece42
cupcake
Carla97
Philippago
ldg
amaretti
doris day
RubyRedShoes
NewFanForever
Nicky80
Rach Clooney
Clooney
lamby
playfuldeb
MeganMorris
louisvillelaura
The next mrs clooney
theminis
Clouddancer
ispy
JJ2
catwoman
fava
phys major
jusquatoi2014
sparkie
Einstein
jd68
it's me
annemarie
fridadereval
Jenn
pattygirl
Alisonfan
lelacorb
Sevens
premiere
Doug Ross
melbert
blubelle
justpassinthrough
Missa
Picachu
LizzyNY
iamnoone
PigPen
Katiedot
57 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? Empty So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Sep 2014, 18:36

Donnamarie wrote:Do we all agree that George has found the love of his life and that the two of them are genuinely in love with each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together doing great things?  
 Nope, not agreed.

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 20:10; edited 1 time in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? Empty Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by PigPen Fri 12 Sep 2014, 18:43

Thank you Katiedot.  Whenever I say anything along those lines, I get yelled at.

Anyway, nice to have you around again.  We miss you.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? Empty Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by iamnoone Fri 12 Sep 2014, 19:20

not agreed here either.  i wish them well but I'm just not buying it.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 Sep 2014, 19:49

Not agreed here either. I think he loves her and I think she's a good fit for what he sees his life being at this time, but "love of his life"? No. I think she ticks all the boxes for what he thinks he needs in a wife right now. I hope he doesn't change his mind. I hope they don't let each other down.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 12 Sep 2014, 20:10

so can anyone describe the type of woman that he would be better suited or love of his life if it isnt Amal?
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Sep 2014, 20:28

Wow. If I could answer that question I'd be a milloinaire professional match maker!

To me they simply don't look like a couple in love. I don't have any alternatives and I really hope that I'm wrong, but this relationship doesn't feel right to me.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 20:30

Picachu wrote:so can anyone describe the type of woman that he would be better suited or love of his life if it isnt Amal?

Black, American from the midwest, 57, speaks 1.25 languages, control freak, formerly athletic but now arthritic, formerly attractive but now tolerable, sense of humor, loves movies and can write them as well as or better than he does (except for Good Night, and Good Luck), and with a grown daughter and grandchild that she would choose over him any and every time there was a choice.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 20:37

Two thumbs up, Way2. Smile
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 20:52

Oh, I was generalizing. I didn't mean me. I've never been attractive.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 20:54

I especially like the "writes movies better" line, cuz boyfriend needs some help with that lately.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 12 Sep 2014, 20:56

Missa wrote:Two thumbs up, Way2. Smile
 Yep. Smile

Of course when I joined this board I thought W2O4D was a man, pictured him as white man working in LA. I guess I couldn't have been more wrong.  Smile
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:06

I agree they just don't seem right together,  I've gotten into a lot of trouble for saying this early on, so I'm glad others feel the same way.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:08

... I thought W2O4D was a man...

Not the first time that's happened.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:09

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
... I thought W2O4D was a man...

Not the first time that's happened.
lol!
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:28

Cece42 - You're most certainly not alone! Those of us who just don't see it try to keep our mouths shut to avoid all-out war, but quite a few of us think something in this relationship is "off".

They look like they're in love, and she certainly has all the qualities he could ask for in a wife so there's no real logic behind this - just a gut feeling. I wish them all the happiness in the world and hope it's the real thing - but it feels "funny".
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:44

I guess I'm in the minority then. I feel there is a lot of love there. My biggest concern again is the distance between them and both having such demanding careers.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Fri 12 Sep 2014, 22:34

Katiedot wrote:Wow.  If I could answer that question I'd be a milloinaire professional match maker!  

To me they simply don't look like a couple in love.  I don't have any alternatives and I really hope that I'm wrong, but this relationship doesn't feel right to me.

I felt this way from the beginning and was lambasted for it.  Now it is abundantly evident that this is not the pure love story we all wanted for him and, once again, some sort of publicity driven Hollywood marriage.  For what it's worth, I hope Amal gets what she wants from George and isn't too heartbroken when George is George, whether it be paparazzi exposed or publicly discovered.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Fri 12 Sep 2014, 22:53

I don't see much difference between this relationship and the more recent ones except that he put a ring on it.  She seems to revolve her life around his despite her high powered career. I think they look great together but I wonder if marriage will change his priorities? For as long as I have followed him the woman was the one who adjusted to his schedule. Also I haven't seen photos of him with her friends but I have seen photos of her with his friends.  I think the marriage will last, IMO he would be too embarrassed if it didn't.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 12 Sep 2014, 23:16

LizzyNY wrote:Cece42 - You're most certainly not alone! Those of us who just don't see it try to keep our mouths shut to avoid all-out war, but quite a few of us think something in this relationship is "off".

They look like they're in love, and she certainly has all the qualities he could ask for in a wife so there's no real logic behind this - just a gut feeling. I wish them all the happiness in the world and hope it's the real thing - but it feels "funny".
I wish I could keep my mouth shut, maybe it's the Italian in me but I say it like I feel, just something doesn't seem right here.  I'm sure he will make every effort to make this work other wise he will look like a complete fool.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 12 Sep 2014, 23:22

everyone is entitled to their opinion and only time will tell for them. I like most really do hope they have a long and happy marriage because when its right and works its amazing Smile

and loved your answer to my question way2, just brilliant
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 23:28

I'm not trying to start an argument here, I'm really curious...

I didn't start thinking it was true love until the events of the past week or so (before I probably would have fallen into the "she ticks all the boxes/they seem to get along well" camp).  So I'm curious what it is about those same recent events that have some of you saying "Now I'm SURE it's not real."  I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right, I just think it's interesting that we've come to completely different conclusions based on the same evidence.

I also wonder if there's anything you could see that would change your mind?
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 12 Sep 2014, 23:34

lelacorb wrote:
Missa wrote:
Atalante wrote:
Missa wrote: No, i miei due master sono in materia di istruzione e di analisi del comportamento. Ma questo è né qui né là; non c'è nessun punto nel sostenere cose che non possono essere provate. George è deluso in voi, però.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Analisi del comportamento, davvero?  Rolling Eyes
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Missa, seeing your master, I'm curious to know what you think of George's behavior in recent months, after the speech I made ​​in Florence with a declaration of love that did not make sense in that context in the midst of people he barely knew, I thought this was too drunk his brain!

Sorry, Lela, I just noticed you asked me a question in this comment.  I couldn't do any proper behavior analysis without meeting a person, and it doesn't really work in the way you're thinking.  But, the theory behind behavior analysis is that a) all behavior is controlled by the environment and b) any behavior that lasts over time does so because it is being reinforced.  So, I'd venture a guess and say that something about expressing his feelings in public was reinforcing for George, whether it was just "I've never felt like this before and I want to share it!" or "She'll love this and I'll get lucky tonight!" or "This will drive the posters on COH BANANAS! Ha!".  Smile
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 13 Sep 2014, 00:55

I vote for "This will drive the posters on COH BANANAS! Ha!".
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 13 Sep 2014, 01:14

I think that if his marrriage failed,  he would be in pain, more than embarrassed.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 13 Sep 2014, 02:01

I think she's madly in love with him. I also think that he absolutely loves her being madly in love with him. And yes, she does check off all the boxes, especially after the resumes of the last few girlfriends.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 13 Sep 2014, 04:15

Missa wrote:I'm not trying to start an argument here, I'm really curious...

I didn't start thinking it was true love until the events of the past week or so (before I probably would have fallen into the "she ticks all the boxes/they seem to get along well" camp).  So I'm curious what it is about those same recent events that have some of you saying "Now I'm SURE it's not real."  I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right, I just think it's interesting that we've come to completely different conclusions based on the same evidence.

All the hugging and kissing in public doesn't change my mind, to me it only shows someone trying too hard to prove something.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Sat 13 Sep 2014, 04:20

Cece42 wrote:
Missa wrote:I also wonder if there's anything you could see that would change your mind?
All the hugging and kissing in public doesn't change my mind, to me it only shows someone trying too hard to prove something.

You hit the nail on the head!

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 13 Sep 2014, 04:50

I think some of you just cant stand the fact that George is getting marrid and the thing is too unbearable to convince yourself that's simply because of love. You're not against Amal personally.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Sat 13 Sep 2014, 04:53

Sevens wrote:I think some of you just cant stand the fact that George is getting marrid and the thing is too unbearable to convince yourself that's simply because of love. You're not against Amal personally.
Maybe, but I am excluded from that group.  I respect him as an actor and the empire he has built, but I know far too much about his personal life to want to exchange places with Amal.  GL to both of them.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 13 Sep 2014, 09:06

premiere wrote:I think she's madly in love with him. I also think that he absolutely loves her being madly in love with him. And yes, she does check off all the boxes, especially after the resumes of the last few girlfriends.
If if love look at the resumes,everything would be, but not love.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 13 Sep 2014, 09:38

justpassinthrough wrote:
Sevens wrote:I think some of you just cant stand the fact that George is getting marrid and the thing is too unbearable to convince yourself that's simply because of love. You're not against Amal personally.
Maybe, but I am excluded from that group.  I respect him as an actor and the empire he has built, but I know far too much about his personal life to want to exchange places with Amal.  GL to both of them.
That excludes me also, would love to see him with someone that is just right for him, but I just don't see Amal as that someone.  She comes across to me lately as HIS spoiled little daughter.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 13 Sep 2014, 09:51

Cece42 wrote:
justpassinthrough wrote:
That excludes me also, would love to see him with someone that is just right for him, but I just don't see Amal as that someone.  She comes across to me lately as HIS spoiled little daughter.
Well if "someone"  you feel is just right for him did show up, maybe my feelings would be just the opposite. Mad
Nobody, especially regarding George Clooney's wife, satisfies everyone.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 13 Sep 2014, 10:01

Picachu wrote:so can anyone describe the type of woman that he would be better suited or love of his life if it isnt Amal?

Bizarrely I don't think George is as bothered about looks as we might think. I imagine he thinks it's part of the job to dress up and accessorize with "arm candy".
In his heart he is most attracted to a simple woman who just makes him CHUCKLE everyday.
He would live a long and happy life, if he had no drama, and simply love and laughter as the ingredients. I unfortunately don't see this with Amal.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 13 Sep 2014, 12:26

I have no claim to understand what 'and' the right woman for George and not even think that Amal is not the right woman for him, but always wary of overturning the decisions and thoughts of men over 50 (dangerous period because often they fail aging, this also happens to women). This woman has done a complete change because he loves it, and is reciprocated 'managed to change his mind! Very well and best wishes for a happy life together, George deserves it but be careful Amal, do not suffer!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 13 Sep 2014, 14:49

Cece42 wrote:
Missa wrote:I'm not trying to start an argument here, I'm really curious...

Yeah Right

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 13 Sep 2014, 14:56

I said yesterday that I thought George had found the love of his life. Who knows? I certainly could be wrong. But it has only been in the last couple of weeks that we've seen them being publicly affectionate with each other. Some of those pics have shown a very tender side. And to hear George say very publicly that he loves Amal - that's a first. We really don't know anything about how Amal feels about the relationship. She has never given an interview or spoken publicly about him. Remember when Elisabetta was interviewed about their relationship and told how in love she was with George and how George treated her. We don't have anything with Amal. So what's left than to make guesses. Assumptions. Bottom line we know absolutely nothing about their relationship. I'm trying to look at this relationship optimistically. And wish them the best.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 13 Sep 2014, 15:12

I just wonder if all of you "Negative Nellies" carry on this way whenever one of your friends - male or female - finds themselves in love with someone you have no direct knowledge of.  Do you judge them as unfairly as you do
George and Amal?  Do you criticize the unfamiliar person as easily as you do her?  Do you doubt your friend's emotions and choices as easily and cruelly as you do George's?  Not trying to start another warring discussion, just asking as I find it so sad.  Although none of us really know George, if he were a friend, you would most probably alienate him.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Sat 13 Sep 2014, 16:29

*sigh ... haters gonna hate...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wedding Love7 Love4
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:22

Jenn, Nice gifs!Thumbs up!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:29

Nice little collection Jenn !! Very clever....I'm no hater !

I've always loved that scene from Ocean's 11 ....
"You think we need one more ? We need one more ?
Alright....we'll get one more" 
And Brads resigned attitude was just great !

Sorry....off topic...just memories !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:37

Missa wrote:I didn't start thinking it was true love until the events of the past week or so (before I probably would have fallen into the "she ticks all the boxes/they seem to get along well" camp).  So I'm curious what it is about those same recent events that have some of you saying "Now I'm SURE it's not real."  
I can't really answer that question because I haven't changed my mind: this relationship never felt right to me and it still doesn't.

What would it take to change my mind? Time, I think. As I wrote above, I hope I'm wrong and that he's truly and happily in love with Amal. Time will prove me wrong.

pattygirl wrote:I just wonder if all of you "Negative Nellies" carry on this way whenever one of your friends - male or female - finds themselves in love with someone you have no direct knowledge of. 
There's a very easy answer to this: as it's a friend of mine, I'm very able to see his/her true feelings and motivations because I know him/her well. I can't say the same for George so all I've got to go on is a gut feeling.

--------------------------------------------

For the record, I don't hate or dislike Amal - usually I'm one of the ones defending her.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:05

I agree 100% with what Katiedot said.   I don't believe I've "carried on" in any way have said from the beginning that it just didn't feel right.  something is OFF.  I never had any negative thing to say about the relationship, I wish them well, I hope I"m wrong (as Katiedot said) 

also I have absolutely no desire to be married to George Clooney I'd hate the attention, paparazzi and endless ocd analysis of every single life detail. it would absolutely drive me BATSHIT.  So whatever I say is not coming from that place.  

i actually have enormous respect for Amal as a career woman, she's accomplished some incredible things as young as she is relatively speaking.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Sat 13 Sep 2014, 21:25

For every Tom Cruise sofa moment I'll raise you a Newman/Woodward or Bacall/Bogart moment. Even a Douglas/ Zeta Jones ( though that one I continue to be mystified by)

The truth is that we don't know about what attracted George and Amal to each other. Why it was this one and not another one that made George change his mind about marriage. As the french say: "L'amour a ses raisons"... Love has its reasons. Hopefully one day he will share them with us...

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 13 Sep 2014, 22:19

I remember Brad Pitt proclaiming that Paltrow was the "love o'my life" during an awards ceremony.  I thought to myself that one ain't gonna last.  And I was right. 

He married Jennifer and now is married to skin and bones Jolie.  (Y'all complain about Amal but nobody is beating Angelina in the emaciated look - at least not in my opinion) but this proclamation of love during a public event doesn't mean that eventually the relationship won't go sour down the road.

I hope not.  I hope this is true love for BOTH of them and that Amal isn't wrapped up in the Clooney charm.

She's 36 he's 53.  When he's 73 she'll be 56.  Will she want to be changing his diapers?  Has SHE truly thought about what the next 10  or 20 years will look like?  Yes, George is quite fit and fabulous now, but if he should get sicker from his injury, will she stay with him and care for him?  Or will she resent the stellar career that she had in mind for herself and perhaps have to give up for him?

See I think SHE's dazzled by the idea of being THE GAL WHO GOT CLOONEY TO PROPOSE.  But is she really ready for what will really be her life?

I thought about this recently - at first blush I was positive about his choice.  But now I'm not so sure if SHE really realizes what marrying a man who is probably looking to slow down his life will be like when she's doesn't seem to have lived that much life that didn't involve work and a lot of study.

Just thinking out loud here. 

Wish them both the best.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 13 Sep 2014, 22:29

I think we're making a lot of assumptions about what aging is going to mean for George. Both his parents are 75+, and are mobile and active and accomplishing more than I do, frankly. George has had some health issues, but he still works at a pace that would put me in traction, and from the slate of films he has scheduled doesn't expect to slow down anytime soon. As far as taking care of him goes, that's kind of the whole point of marriage. You know, "for better and for worse, in sickness and in health" and all that jazz. And really, he's a multimillionaire. If someone needs to change his diapers, it'll be hired help.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 13 Sep 2014, 23:03

I doubt she is just charmed by George no I think they truly love each other. At their ages they should know what they want in a partner. I don't believe George would make such a commitment if he wasn't truly willing to work at it. He has grown up and I think all the other relationships have helped him reach this point.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 13 Sep 2014, 23:22

"L'amour a ses raisons" Very Happy I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 13 Sep 2014, 23:31

Totally agree Annemarie. It's so obvious to me that these two are in love and incredibly happy.

And everything we have seen and heard confirms it. They've found each other.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Sun 14 Sep 2014, 09:50

With Amal's looks, money and connections I doubt the idea of dating/marrying a Hollywood star is impressive. If she wanted the limelight she could have sought it out in her career and her romantic interests. She has chosen to keep a low profile - it's one of things I like about her.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Sun 14 Sep 2014, 15:30

George NOT MARRIED !!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He prefers to drink a tequila in Harry's Bar! Wink
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next