George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is?

+9
Donnamarie
premiere
LornaDoone
janieb
kat19
mel01
Alisonfan
bgarabedian
Nicky80
13 posters

Go down

George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? Empty George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is?

Post by Nicky80 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 19:48

George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is?

New reports are going around that George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's marriage will most likely crumble since everything has been set-up as a PR stunt from the beginning.

Several tabloids and publications have discussed the possibility of the newlywed's impending divorce, citing their very different lifestyles as a possible culprit.  The public however has a different perception about the buzzed about marriage.

For starters, many believe that Amal Alamuddin's career is not all noteworthy as how the interwebs claim it to be.

"I have legal background and trust me, NOBODY knew who she was until this P.R. stunt occurred...check out her law firm, she is listed as another junior, alongside all the junior associates. My belief is her QC takes her along as his 2nd on cases because of the wonderful P.R. SHE NOW affords the firm..thanks to Georgie. She is of course smart and well educated but nowhere near to the brilliant level she is being awarded," user OxfordGrad commented on a Celeb Dirty Laundry article.

"I don't know about anything in this article, but i don't believe Georgie thought this through. If this arrangement was to make him be seen in a better light, it didn't work. She was paraded around like a prop & made out to have had a 'royal' wedding. She is a junior barrister who comes off more as a promotional model for her law firm. Her initials are A.A. - something which George is said to desperately be in need of enrolling in," user MemyselfandI said.

What do you think of the latest George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin divorce rumors?  Sound off below!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? Empty Re: George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is?

Post by Nicky80 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 19:52

Ok so they made an article because "user Oxfordgrad and MemyselfandI" said that on the Celeb Dirty Laundry comment section. And they call him Georgie Evil or Very Mad

You would think comments like that get ignored and not used for another article....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is? Empty Re: George Clooney Amal Alamuddin Marriage A Big PR Stunt; Mrs. Clooney A Fake And Not The Person The Public Thinks She Is?

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Mar 2015, 21:34

What a sorry article.  And using anoymous commenters (Oxfordgrad and MemyselfandI) for the bulk of their story is pitiful.  And consider the source of this article.
Celeb Dirty Laundry.  But unfortunately lots of people will read this trash and believe it.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 18 Mar 2015, 03:12

Very Happy As soon as I saw the title of this thread I knew where it came from and wondered why someone was posting an article from Celeb Dirty Laundry. This is their bread and butter - idiot articles about the marriage being a PR sham and the impending inevitable divorce. Anonymous sources and quotes that sound like they were made by a jealous little girl or our friend from IMDb. - They're good for a laugh, but that's about all

Donnamarie - Anyone who follows the site for more than a day or two will realize that they're making it all up and really don't have a clue.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Mar 2015, 03:33

Oh yeah, this is the IMDb nutjob commenting. She must be so happy right now! Oh well.

Who the hell are 'Youth health mag'?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 18 Mar 2015, 04:13

Katiedot wrote:Oh yeah, this is the IMDb nutjob commenting.  She must be so happy right now!  Oh well.  

Who the hell are 'Youth health mag'?
Well if you go by their *cough* extensive *bullshit* archives Looks like a blog magazine that has been up for about 2 days.

Find it fascinating that the post listed above was done by Edelweiss Snow like THAT'S a real name!  Ha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Wed 18 Mar 2015, 05:21

I do not understand this article. George seems very happy with amal, but it could be a pr stunt. who knows. only george himself. why put yourself through all this for publicity. he has enough just because he is george. well time will tell, he only know, and if he is happy with this marriage, then good luck to him but if it is a pr stunt, than he is living a false marriage. love you george, bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 18 Mar 2015, 11:26

bgarabedian wrote:I do not understand this article. George seems very happy with amal, but it could be a pr stunt. who knows. only george himself. why put yourself through all this for publicity. he has enough just because he is george. well time will tell, he only know, and if he is happy with this marriage, then good luck to him but if it is a pr stunt, than he is living a false marriage. love you george, bg

If false marriage, then this is life sentence.  He must stay, SAVE FACE no matter what! to death do they part. To prove everyone wrong NOT a pr stunt.  Venice circus made sure of it, no going back made otherwise impossible.

If real, it will last maybe forever, who knows?

BG you see him on set with Amal or without?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Wed 18 Mar 2015, 16:48

I don't believe the marriage is a pr stunt...George would never have to sink to being fake like that.

Speaking of random public comments on online articles, I came across one comment on a Daily Mail article where the poster said something like this: "Amal is a friend of a friend, met her a few times, and she is as smug and superior as they come."
True or not? I guess we'll never know. But then there are more important things I wish God would shine a light on - like what the hell happened to flight MH370

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 18 Mar 2015, 17:06

I don't think George does smug and superior in an ostentatious way with anyone who he chooses to be close to. IMO.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Wed 18 Mar 2015, 22:03

mel01 wrote:I don't believe the marriage is a pr stunt...George would never have to sink to being fake like that.

Speaking of random public comments on online articles, I came across one comment on a Daily Mail article where the poster said something like this: "Amal is a friend of a friend, met her a few times, and she is as smug and superior as they come."
True or not? I guess we'll never know. But then there are more important things I wish God would shine a light on - like what the hell happened to flight MH370

I've come across tweets from different random people on twitter who've commented that they've met her before or known her before she was involved with George, and that she's absolutely lovely. So it's all just heresay and unreliable anyway. You can't really judge someone's character off of what one random anonymous person who says she is a "friend of a friend" says about her online. Who knows if it's even real. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Can't say either way.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Wed 18 Mar 2015, 22:55

It is so sad that crap like this even gets TO be published let alone believed.  George and Amal seem very well matched to me and I am very happy that they have found each other.
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 19 Mar 2015, 01:25

Anoymous commenters on media sites can say whatever they want. Why should anyone believe assertions they make about anyone when there is no way they can be held accountable.  These people are not legitimate sources.  The fact that Celeb Dirty Laundry would print an obviously untrue story and use two anoymous commenters as the backbone for their story is ludicrous, laughable and totally irresponsible.  But it is also read and believed by many who visit their site.  I think it is so wrong but I'm old school.  I think getting away with this kind of abusive and irresponsible news reporting is reprehensible.

I know on the face of it this story is considered George Clooney "news" but I personally don't even think we should post it. it is such crap.  Along with a number of other stories that I've seen about George and Amal on Google.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 19 Mar 2015, 04:02

Well I will use an example from my work.

There is a gal that is the most obnoxious pain in the ass as they come.  She gets nasty with people she thinks are beneath her.  She says nasty things to them, berates them, causes disturbances constantly.

BUT she NEVER does it in front of the vice president who sits two cubicles away from her.  I see it because I'm there all the time. He travels a lot and is in a lot of meetings daily, so he doesn't see it.  I get complaints about her constantly. 

Other managers have gone to human resources about her behavior but the VP won't fire her because she's ALWAYS Miss Sweetness and Light around him.  To the point that he just cannot believe all the comments about her.  See if he DID believe it then he would have to admit she has duped him for at least three years.

His EGO would NEVER allow him to acknowledge what she's really like.

If Amal is a bitch on wheels around everyone else but George never sees it he'll defend her to the end... until he sees it.

It happened with Sarah when he found out she had been skimming the staff tips and that she called his parents and hinted she might be pregnant.

He hit the roof cause then he knew that she had been lying to him.

So if Amal is like that - Mrs. Sweetness around George but Mrs. Hyde to everyone else and George gets wind of it and actually see it - especially if it's someone who's worked for him for a long time, no amount of pre-nup is going to stop him from kicking her to the curb.

They'll do the "we decided mutually to split, our schedules just became too unmanageable, we're still friends" bit but there would be no going back.

So I don't know who the real Amal is... but if there's any truth to her treating others badly - watch out baby - she'll be back to schlepping through London with no photogs following her, no free clothes from designers being thrown at her and no private jets to get her from point A to point B in no time.  

Of course, her high profile could get her another high-wealth hubby in no time if that were the case. 

And of course, this is all my opinion.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:02

I do not think George would marry just to marry someone who is intelligent and has an oxford degree. He had waited a long time between marriages and after 20 years he thinks he has the perfect match. Only time will tell, and I hope he is truly happy and he seems to be. Only he knows and that is all that matters. l heard she is a snob to people and feels very superior to everyone, but no one knows the truth, for none of us has met her and even if we did, she would not be that way in public. Only george would know and maybe he does not care. only my opinion. bg

bgarabedian

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 19 Mar 2015, 12:11

If George is anything like the image we've had of him all these years I think he would care a great deal. He has the reputation of being a great guy who is kind and considerate to those around him. Being a diva goes against everything he has always stood for and I think he's been around the block enough times to know one when he sees one.

I think LornaDoone is right. If he finds out Amal's pulling that kind of shit she'll regret it. He might not kick her out, but he will kick her ass! (IMO)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 19 Mar 2015, 13:45

um.... figuratively speaking Lizzy, figuratively.  George is not one to slap around anyone.

The fact of the matter is that there are too many women who have become very adept at being one way in front of a man and then being a bitch to everyone else.

And as to being a snob, sometimes people are mislabeled, if for instance, they're distracted and ignore someone not because they are ignoring them but because they are wrapped up in their own thoughts.

But if someone is actively snobby to others, that's a different story.

Like I said, I don't know her and have never met her so I can only make my comments as opinions based on the years of following George and seeing personally how he acts around his fans.

There is obviously a public and a private George. 

But when you get friend after friend, and person after person who have worked with him and have had only compliments about how he treats people, which for the most part is with respect.  When you hear comments about how he eats with the crew and doesn't hang out in his dressing room being Mr. Aloof; when you hear about him playing pranks on set (too often though shaking your head at his silliness) you get a picture of someone who is kind, is fun loving, is down-to-earth and is inclusive on his sets.

When his friends speak highly of him and, more importantly, when you see he has kept the same friends for years and not "moved on" once he became very famous; when you hear about when he goes home he remembers friends and hangs out with them on his parent's front porch, this isn't a picture of a guy who acts like a snob or of someone who is unkind to others. 

So this picture and opinion I have of George, and that I think many share,  would tend to make me believe that if Amal is being unkind and snobby to others and George gets wind of it, he would first try to make her see that her behavior is not acceptable.

If it were to continue, I don't think George's integrity would allow him to continue in a marriage to her.  The observations I made above are on what I base my comment. 

I certainly hope that these reports of her behavior are untrue because it would be quite disappointing to George to find out she was not who she seemed and it would be hurtful to find you had married a person who had lied to you about who they were.

I say, give her some time to find her footing.  Being in a glaring media spotlight is not easy.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 19 Mar 2015, 14:06

LorneD, everything you say about George is so true.  Absolutely he is a terrific person.  What bothers me is that you question Amal's behavior based on opinions of people who you don't even know cause all they have are usernames on some site.  They don't know Amal.  When they claim they met her or know someone who did why should that be believed on the face of it.  I would question the motivation for their comments. Thing is we don't even get to question them. Their comments are nothing more than hearsay.

I form my opinion of Amal from those who will actually put a name to their observations of her.  And every single "named" person who has talked of Amal has only positive things to say.  These people include acquaintances, people who have worked with her, her friends and George's friends and family.  IMO that's good enough for me.

The idea that she behaves one way with some people and another way with others is a desperate attempt to find fault with her even if it can't be substantiated.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 19 Mar 2015, 16:00

I'm at a point where I don't really trust anything I read online. Anyone can set up a website and say whatever they want about anything. I doubt very much that they check out their sources or verify their statements - that is if a source even exists, and the blogger isn't making the whole thing up themselves.

What bothers me most is that this crap gets picked up by other media. Instead of doing their own reporting, they are more and more often pulling things from the internet without the traditional fact checking they used to do as a matter of course. It makes me wonder if there's anywhere to get straight-up, non-opinionated, verified fact.

As far as Amal is concerned, I have no idea what she is really like. I hope she is everything George thinks she is . And Lorna, yes, I was speaking figuratively. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 19 Mar 2015, 17:59

Lizzy your second paragraph says it all.  These media sites don't check the reporting they pick up from a source to determine if it's factual or not.  George basically said the same thing last summer when he was blasting the media for their irresponsibility. And what Celeb Dirty Laundry did in using anoymous comments to create their story is about as low as you can get.  Going any lower would be to just make up a story as they sit in front of their computers. Creative writing at its worst.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 20 Mar 2015, 05:15

As I said in my post I don't know Amal BUT if any of her behavior is true then my opinion is what I believe George would do based on observations and years of commentary from friends and co-workers about George.

My comments about Amal are based only as supposition, they are "if it's true" scenarios.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 20 Mar 2015, 06:52

LornaDoone wrote: It happened with Sarah when he found out she had been skimming the staff tips and that she called his parents and hinted she might be pregnant. He hit the roof cause then he knew that she had been lying to him.
I'd just like to point out that this story is just that: a story.  Published by an online gossip site if I remember rightly?  The calling his parents story came from a blind item by Lainey (who has no more idea of what goes on in George's house than you or I do, and sometimes less) and I've a vague idea the stealing story came from a Clooney fan site.  None of this is reported fact and I'm uncomfortable seeing it related here as though it were fact.

LornaDoone wrote:So if Amal is like that - Mrs. Sweetness around George but Mrs. Hyde to everyone else and George gets wind of it and actually see it
George is one of the most sought-after men in the world by 'professional' (if I can call them that) gold diggers.  This man will have had an alert system set up years and year ago to weed out the users.  If Amal's mean to anyone then he'll have known about it long before the engagement ring was even bought.  

He's very alert to what goes on around him.  

I know that some fans like to cast George in the role of the 'injured innocent', where he's blindly led by the nose by a calculating, evil woman and completely unaware that he's been caught in her evil wiles because he's totally blinded to her bad behaviour.  IMO George Clooney is a man of the world with 50+ years of experience of dealing with blood sucking women out for all they can get.  He's no innocent and he's no fool.

Marriage is hard enough even when two people are compatible, love each other and have shared interests, values and ideals.  There's no need for us to create issues.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 20 Mar 2015, 13:52

Katie....Amen to your last four paragraphs !

Coolio   
 I don't know much about the "Sarah
period," but I'd guess that what you've written 
is correct too.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 21 Mar 2015, 02:22

I thought the Sarah info came from her friend so maybe that was incorrect.

But I have to disagree about George being able to  "weed out the gold-diggers" George is a man and his head is as easily turned as the next one.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 21 Mar 2015, 13:21

LornaDoone wrote:I thought the Sarah info came from her friend so maybe that was incorrect.

But I have to disagree about George being able to  "weed out the gold-diggers" George is a man and his head is as easily turned as the next one.
Are you sure it's his head?
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 21 Mar 2015, 13:46

I'm going to stand by Katidot's view on George.  He's a pretty seasoned guy and while he may have been gullible in some ways when he was younger he's pretty seasoned and no fool after all these years.  I don't think he's blindly led my anyone when it comes to important issues or circumstances.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 21 Mar 2015, 15:29

I'm going to sign on with Katie, too. He didn't marry any of the other women he was involved with. He ran like crazy as soon as any of them mentioned settling down. Obviously he sees something in Amal that he didn't see in the others. If he wasn't sure that this relationship is different from the others  he wouldn't have married her. Hopefully, she's worthy of his trust.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 21 Mar 2015, 15:31

Still think there is more here than meets the eye.  But I may stand alone in this thought.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 21 Mar 2015, 16:35

Personally I can't take that article seriously.
It's based on anonymous comments isn't it ?

Are we going to do that in future, believe comments written by anyone on any web site ?
Not me.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 22 Mar 2015, 07:19

No Joanna, I don't think anyone here believes those comments as you can see from reading what people here have replied in response to this nonsense.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down