George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

+53
Silje
Atalante
party animal - not!
globalchick
LornaDoone
Donnamarie
Cece42
cupcake
Carla97
Philippago
ldg
amaretti
doris day
RubyRedShoes
NewFanForever
Nicky80
Rach Clooney
Clooney
lamby
playfuldeb
MeganMorris
louisvillelaura
The next mrs clooney
theminis
Clouddancer
ispy
JJ2
catwoman
fava
phys major
jusquatoi2014
sparkie
Einstein
jd68
it's me
annemarie
fridadereval
Jenn
pattygirl
Alisonfan
lelacorb
Sevens
premiere
Doug Ross
melbert
blubelle
justpassinthrough
Missa
Picachu
LizzyNY
iamnoone
PigPen
Katiedot
57 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 Empty Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Nov 2014, 04:26

I don't know why limelight-hogger came out "fame lady of negotiable affection" in the second paragraph, second line. I wrote "limelight-hogger. Your words." My damn IPad is making s*** up.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 10 Empty Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 23 Nov 2014, 04:34

Donnamarie, the internet seeps through selective keyboards and turns certain special users into clairvoyant geniuses.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 04:47

nah, that's just katie  there are certain words she doesn't like used and that's why they come out differently.

w h o r e is one of those words.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 04:48

LornaDoone wrote:nah, that's just katie  there are certain words she doesn't like used and that's why they come out differently.

w h o r e is one of those words.
I think it's funnier to say lady of negotiable affection.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:20

LornaDoone wrote:Celine wasn't in haute couture cause George was still starting out.  There's a difference between making a couple of million a year as a TV actor and being a producer / director / writer and being worth over $100 million dollars.

And chick I too give you credit for that imagination of yours.  Fascinating.

All of George's gals have garnered negative comments.  SSDD.  I'm not so pleased about some of her clients.  But I'd rather he be with a smart lawyer, than an ass/crotch baring actress whose woo hoo you can see all over the internet.
I do love your language: woo hoo. Well Amal's woo hoo was in everyone's face when she wore that verrrrrrrrry short white dress with the little red roses. A high profile lawyer making THAT kind of choice ???  sarcasm ROTFL
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:38

LornaDoone wrote:Celine wasn't in haute couture cause George was still starting out.  There's a difference between making a couple of million a year as a TV actor and being a producer / director / writer and being worth over $100 million dollars.
No. George was already worth millions by the time he was with Celine. And any fashion house would have lent her anything she wanted. Also remember Celine began working as a model while she was in the US also. Celine wasn't in haute couture all the time because she was a helluva lot more down to earth than Amal.  

Amal is a showoff with a love of designer labels and luxury who seems obsessed with her appearance. Celine was naturally stunningly beautiful and sexy - as well as having law student intellect.

It's funny - I always thought George would hate an anorexic, high maintenance woman like Amal. Amal reminds me of JLO in some ways - didn't JLO have a million dollar engagement ring too? That level of preening about their appearance and self obsession. Amal seemed much more natural before she hooked up with George. Access to his money and the limelight have brought out the worst in her. 

Also when people quit smoking they notoriously gain weight. Yet Amal hasn't. That is very very odd. Looking at the pictures of Amal in the Greek trip thread I believe that she has become an anorexic. Because if you are eating normally or reasonably healthily it is NOT easy to stay THAT thin to the point where you don't even have muscle tone any more. 

That look is only achieved and maintained with extreme dieting. Amal does not look healthy at all but scarily thin. To go from a woman with Stacey's incredible body to an anorexic-looking woman like Amal is unbelievable for a man who is 'supposed' to be red blooded. It's like chalk and cheese. But it makes sense if you hold the view that George is with Amal for reasons other than that he finds her attractive. And Amal doesn't really look the sexy type. Someone here said once they think Amal is assexual. That would make sense. I don't think there is much passion in this relationship that's for sure. The "relationship" serves another purpose for George IMO.

Last edited by globalchick on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:45; edited 1 time in total

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:44

Laughing Chalk and cheese. Wel the dress just has to fit. So when is this Award Season starting ? The first date is ... ?
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:49

Check it out on the web, Atalante. Just like the rest of us.....

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:54

What should I google ? Awards ? Laughing Which awards again ! Pfff sarcasmpointing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 23 Nov 2014, 13:32

Is this old thread still active.  Gosh we must be bored.

Award season has already started but GC probably wont show up until the Golden Globes which is Jan 11. 

Skinny women can be sexy. I think Angelina Jolie is really hot and I completely understand why Brad fell for her.  Jen Aniston is a very cute girl but in my opinion not sexy at all.

Stacy Keibler has a really nice body and looks very healthy and fit but I don't think she is sexy and I didn't really see any chemistry between her and G. He had chemistry with Elisabetta and Celine and some of the others. 

Amal is very elegant and ladylike but she is not sexy in my opinion.  But it has nothing to do with her being skinny.  I think sex appeal comes from the inside. I don't see any real chemistry between G and A which is why I never believed the love story.  And the fact that every time they go out together there is always "sourches"saying how much in love they look, make me believe even less and the same thing with the "staged"PDAs.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 23 Nov 2014, 13:37

So Atalante has been banned from the forum.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 23 Nov 2014, 13:42

I've seen chemistry between George and Amal
in many of the pictures.

Maybe it's an age thing in the observer ?
I mean me of course. Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 23 Nov 2014, 14:47

So...

The scenario the haters are bemoaning is that George has married a woman in whom he sees more than, or something other than, a sexy body, and Amal gets an older-and-still-sexy-but-now-settled-down George Fucking Clooney.

Cry me a river for both of them.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 23 Nov 2014, 15:30

Precisely Way 2 ......Precisely !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 23 Nov 2014, 15:41

globalchick wrote:
No. George was already worth millions by the time he was with Celine. And any fashion house would have lent her anything she wanted. Also remember Celine began working as a model while she was in the US also. Celine wasn't in haute couture all the time because she was a helluva lot more down to earth than Amal.  

Amal is a showoff with a love of designer labels and luxury who seems obsessed with her appearance. Celine was naturally stunningly beautiful and sexy - as well as having law student intellect.

It's funny - I always thought George would hate an anorexic, high maintenance woman like Amal. Amal reminds me of JLO in some ways - didn't JLO have a million dollar engagement ring too? That level of preening about their appearance and self obsession. Amal seemed much more natural before she hooked up with George. Access to his money and the limelight have brought out the worst in her. 

Also when people quit smoking they notoriously gain weight. Yet Amal hasn't. That is very very odd. Looking at the pictures of Amal in the Greek trip thread I believe that she has become an anorexic. Because if you are eating normally or reasonably healthily it is NOT easy to stay THAT thin to the point where you don't even have muscle tone any more. 

That look is only achieved and maintained with extreme dieting. Amal does not look healthy at all but scarily thin. To go from a woman with Stacey's incredible body to an anorexic-looking woman like Amal is unbelievable for a man who is 'supposed' to be red blooded. It's like chalk and cheese. But it makes sense if you hold the view that George is with Amal for reasons other than that he finds her attractive. And Amal doesn't really look the sexy type. Someone here said once they think Amal is assexual. That would make sense. I don't think there is much passion in this relationship that's for sure. The "relationship" serves another purpose for George IMO.
Wasn't Celine way before the days of "who are you wearing?"  The fashion industry in the last 15 years has done a good job of revitalizing and making themselves more relevant--to the extent that the awards shows are more about the red carpet and the fashion than the awards!  It wasn't always that way--there was no
red carpet" coverage when I was a kid and though an actress would know who designed the dress, they were not constantly asked who designed everything, including the jewelry, or extensive post-sawrd fashion critiques.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Nov 2014, 16:02

Why is Celine even being discussed here. There are always some who want to compare George's girlfriends. George's relationship with Celine was years ago and has nothing to do with his relationship to Amal. There is no way to compare these two women. Tho there are some posters who keep saying Celine was the right girl for George and she was the only one he ever loved. Wonder what George would day about that. To nitpick and say that oh well Celine never dressed in haute couture and Amal does and that makes Amal a shallow, gold digging woman is simply absurd!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 23 Nov 2014, 16:16

Since we are discussing whether it is real love or not I think it is pretty natural to compare with his other relationships.  If we knew him personally it would be easier of course but now all we have to go on are stories and pics.

And I don't understand why the people on this board who are so convinced that this is real love feel so threatened by other posters who have a different opinion.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 23 Nov 2014, 16:22

Is there some reason posts from this thread keep coming up in my junk e-mail file? Is someone trying to tell us something?  Very Happy Weird!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Nov 2014, 16:37

Silje, I don't feel threatened at all it is just ridiculous to argue who is the better woman for George. I trust that George would not have married any woman if he wasn't really in love with them. And I have seen absolutely no evidence that he isn't in love with Amal. You obviously feel differently but to use Celine to compare real love with just an act with Amal to me is just silly. And I'm sure George was in love with Celine many years ago. I don't think George would decide at this point to lead a phony life with Amal. He has been a pretty genuine person up until now. Can't see him contradicting himself.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 23 Nov 2014, 17:31

Oh well, only God knows that I never was a fan of Stacy, but I think she was sexy.

Also I agree with globalchick, Amal seems to be a little too obsessed with her looks.

I mean, be real, who goes to a private party wearing contour make up on her nose?
Please!!
It wasn't a shooting for a cosmetic ad or a million dollar model job, was it?
Just imagine you sit next to a person in a golden dress with a multicolour painted nose, at a private party, hahaha.
We have things like that only for carnival.

Please, could she use rainbow colours for the next time, that would be impressive!

Very Happy
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 17:42

But Dior you forget that even for a private party she knows she will be photographed so I don't see it being an issue that she was wearing makeup.

A lot of people contour their noses whether they are going to be photographed or not.

If she went out with no makeup or didn't contour it I'm sure someone would comment negatively about that too.

Interestingly, I didn't notice any of that looking at the photos.  I guess I'm not so observant (and don't care much anyway)  about her looks cause I think she looks fine.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 23 Nov 2014, 18:20

No Lorna, I didn't forget anything.

And if the make up is pasted on so thick that you can see it on pictures it is definitely too much.

Also one of my friends is an actress with a nose as big as Amal's and she never uses contour make up, not even for her portrait shootings. She is very pretty and nobody comments on her nose, people oversee it because she wears it with DIGNITY and her natural beauty.

Please do not come up with the pressure of good looks for Amal, she is not in model or acting business and her natural looks (from what I have seen on past pictures) are much more pretty than the actual fashion beauty queen attempts. Not her league.

Sometimes less is more.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:23

Ah on that I can agree. 

Less is more is a good thing if you're confident enough in yourself.

I would guess that Amal is not unaware of comments about her since she became Mrs. Clooney.

Takes a strong willed person to not let it affect you.  I doubt I could do it. 

As to on too thick - well maybe she just needs some extra training on how to apply makeup for an evening out where you might get papped (or a better makeup person if someone else applied it.)

Glad that your friend wears her look proudly. That we should all be so comfortable in our own skin.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:45

Can I ask in what picture is she wearing contour make-up on her nose and how do we know this?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:50

Also other posters have used fame***** in their posts so I don't understand why my posting of the word got changed? Was it Katidot who changed it or was that a joke? I don't use that word but wanted to use it in my post earlier to quote someone else exactly.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:58

limelight-hogger  (one word) 

Fame lady of negotiable affection  (two words)

Fame w hore ( three words)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Nov 2014, 20:06

Silje I don't understand your post?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 20:13

Perhaps she's pointing out ways to get around the forum filter?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 23 Nov 2014, 20:38

Lorna is right of course. If you spell "fame w hore"as one word then auto correct on this board changes it to" limelight-hogger."

If you spell "fame w hore" as two words then auto correct changes it to "Fame lady of negotiable affection".

If you spell "fame w hore" as tree words or more "fame w h o r e" then you outsmart the system.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Nov 2014, 22:04

Ahhh. Ok I get it. Thanks. I've been informed. I don't plan on using the word again necessarily but you never know. So I appreciate the trickery.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 30 Nov 2014, 16:54

Don't buy the gossip thing either - just filled a few more column inches.

Heard a comment in a break in a seminar from someone in the legal profession who said it can often be a tricky place for levels of nastiness sometimes (hardly surprising in such a competitive high achieving profession) but that they not heard a bad word said about her anywhere. And if you worked for Kofi Annan, Mr Google etc etc then she's obviously pretty impresssive.

And she works in an area which His Nibs is so very interested in too.

Who knows whether the lightening bolt struck, but the evidence we have from, say, Bill Murray (who says she's very funny too which means they must make each other laugh) and interestingly John Lambros in his wedding speech for the boys, makes me wonder whether Our Hero feared that she might turn him down......(George Eliot quote)

Sorry. Entirely possible this should be in the Is it the Real Thing etc thread...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 30 Nov 2014, 22:29

This is the first thread I've read upon re-entering COH, and I see that things have not really changed that much. People voicing their opinions is good, opens up avenues of options. But shouldn't we be respected for who we are rather than all the comments about someone being wrong? Flat out words by posters "no, you're wrong". Sorry, but opinions are not wrong. They are opinions. And the mean things said about people who dared to disagree just blows me away. One of the reasons I stopped posting here.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 30 Nov 2014, 22:48

You seem to gloss over the fact that posters who are stating "opinion" and who protest the most about their posts being picked on are often using their opinions to spread hate speak. 

I think you should go to the rules thread and see katie's comments. 

You are free to post here and state opinions but there is a line that has been crossed, and as katie stated she wants no situation where she may have to defend herself or this site for libel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 22:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link to katie's recent post and comments in the rules thread)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 01 Dec 2014, 01:23

I haven't seen this infamous "contoured nose" photo, but I would guess if you can see the marks, it was the new makeup designed for HD.  Other women have had the same issues, where in the wrong lighting (which oddly enough, seems to be a camera flash), you can see every swipe of the brush on their faces.  Angelina Jolie had the same thing happen at one of the Maleficient premiers last spring. So it might not really a problem with Amal not understanding how to apply makeup, but with the type of makeup used.

And if you don't think it's true love, then you'd have to assume that either they've also swindled their family and friends, or that all of the people close to them, including Nick and Nina, are in on it and lying as well.  Neither of those scenarios seems likely to me. I mean, the guy just spent roughly four consecutive weeks (give or take a few days) in London to be near her so she could work. Name the last woman for whom he did anything remotely like that.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 01 Dec 2014, 02:17

Yep

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 01 Dec 2014, 03:00

... Name the last woman for whom he did anything remotely like that....

Probably Nina.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 01 Dec 2014, 03:06

Missa, I haven't seen this infamous photo of Amal and the supposed "contoured nose" either. I guess with all the public pictures taken of Amal during the wedding weekend you think we would have seen evidence of this but I didn't see it. Lots of official wedding shots. Her nose looked like it always looks.

I think that those people who don't believe in this relationship will never change their minds. Even if George and Amal are still together in five years, ten years those same people will say that they are just staying together for appearances' sake.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 05:10

I don't think anyone is a liar about what they think of Amal, it's easier to say she's sweet and funny and so on and so on.  Can you imagine if someone did say they didn't really like her it would be front page news.  I do believe this forum has become an Amal lovefest, if any one of us disagree with you we are the haters, and you can ban anyone.  No one knows Amal, so everyone has their own OPINION, like or dislike her they are only their opinions

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 06:13

Cece42, you know what you just wrote is not correct. If anyone disagrees with someones opinion about Amal you are not a hater. Thos relates to 2/3 Posters on this Forum who have been banned as well and they didn't just share opinions. And we all know that.

Don't turn the Facts around just so you can say something negative about the Forum.

If you have a negative opinion about Amal there will always be others who try to refute your opinion. That's normal in a Forum and has nothing to do with haters.

Thank you.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 01 Dec 2014, 08:31

Cece42 wrote:I don't think anyone is a liar about what they think of Amal, it's easier to say she's sweet and funny and so on and so on.  Can you imagine if someone did say they didn't really like her it would be front page news.  I do believe this forum has become an Amal lovefest, if any one of us disagree with you we are the haters, and you can ban anyone.  No one knows Amal, so everyone has their own OPINION, like or dislike her they are only their opinions

Again you're missing the point of those who were banned.

Multiple user names / accounts from one person so three people were banned but they were only one.  We suspect she has MORE user names accounts and it's just a matter of time before SHE outs herself with her repetitious commentary.

Negative opinion is one thing.  As we've said over and over hate speak will not be tolerated.

You have an opinion post it but then don't whine if some or none do not agree with you.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 01 Dec 2014, 15:24

playfuldeb wrote:opinions are not wrong. They are opinions.
No, I'm sorry to disagree with you here, but of course opinions can be wrong. It can be my opinion that the earth is flat and the moon is made of green cheese but that opinion would be wrong. It says this very clearly in the rules of this forum and for that reason I advise posters not to be so sensitive about their opinions; they can be wrong (lord knows, I've been wrong plenty of times) and posters can disagree with another poster's opinion.

Four posters have been removed from this site (well actually I think it was one poster, plus another poster and two of her sock puppet accounts) not for writing their opinions but for breaking the rules of this forum repeatedly. Both accounts have been on this site for several years and have hundreds of posts so it's not as though they didn't have ample opportunity to share their opinions over the years until eventually I lost patience with them.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 01 Dec 2014, 18:52

Posters with multiple names.  Can't decide if that's scary or sadly pathetic ( with regards to the individuals). Anyway, thanks for your efforts Katie and team.  Not sure I want to know how you figured it out...but thanks.  If you ever decide on a career change, MI5 or the CIA may be good options!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 19:06

OK I chose the CIA because CIA sounds much cooler then M15...the word M15 reminds me of a Russian rocket lol!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 02 Dec 2014, 03:21

If I'm going for government agency I'd want NSA.  They're the really scary ones so I'd want to be on their good side.

But getting back on topic....

It'd take a lot of energy to keep up a publicity stunt.  At least it would been exhausting for me.  So hoping this is just real love. Or real lust?  Or maybe just real attraction and admiration?

I'll take any of those rather than believe it would be all PR.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by / Thu 04 Dec 2014, 21:54

According to this website, where you can search the meaning of your first name, it's real love for them! You can fill out both of their names and see if it's a match. Don't judge too quickly because I searched the meaning of my own name and strangely enough, it's very accurate! Try it yourself! Smile LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Compatibility of names :

GEORGE and AMAL = Excitement!