George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

+53
Silje
Atalante
party animal - not!
globalchick
LornaDoone
Donnamarie
Cece42
cupcake
Carla97
Philippago
ldg
amaretti
doris day
RubyRedShoes
NewFanForever
Nicky80
Rach Clooney
Clooney
lamby
playfuldeb
MeganMorris
louisvillelaura
The next mrs clooney
theminis
Clouddancer
ispy
JJ2
catwoman
fava
phys major
jusquatoi2014
sparkie
Einstein
jd68
it's me
annemarie
fridadereval
Jenn
pattygirl
Alisonfan
lelacorb
Sevens
premiere
Doug Ross
melbert
blubelle
justpassinthrough
Missa
Picachu
LizzyNY
iamnoone
PigPen
Katiedot
57 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 Empty Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Katiedot Mon 15 Sep 2014, 18:59

phys major wrote:..It seems you have no  Evidence Nor others and that doesn't keep any of you from voicing your inaccuracies..
There you're mistaken. When we don't have evidence to support statements we use words like 'I think' or 'I believe' to indicate we're sharing out opinions and not stating facts. You, on the other hand, seem unable to tell opinion from fact.

If you BELIEVE that George is playing silly buggers, you're more than welcome to say so, sharing your OPINIONS on what you THINK is going on. However if you insist on making claims of hard fact then you're either going to have to back up those claims with evidence or keep quiet.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt? - Page 3 Empty Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Doug Ross Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:28

PigPen wrote:Hey gang.... having a brain cramp.  Does anyone recall on which thread there were comments about his Nibbs living /spending more time in England after the wedding?  I 've wracked what's left of my brain, and come up empty.  I know there were comments from Nicky and Lizzy to name a few.  Thanks

Try on the thread of Downton Abbey, too.

Anyway, I think that we'll have more news about when they first meet when he does some press conference or soon if he covers his marriage.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:32

I've seen a few posters mention that he's established residency in the UK too, but did we ever get confirmation on that? I remember talking about it around the time of the banns posting when there was a bunch of stuff flying around about the process they'd have to go through to marry. Do we think they're living in the UK during the week and Italy on weekends, since most of the Como pics we get are from the weekends?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:42

I think the residency thing in the banns was misleading: on the banns it said it was for residents, but as George isn't British (as ar as I know, anyway) he doesnt fall under the regulations of the banns. Had they married in the UK then he may have had to prove temporary residency, which I think was four weeks. That's my reading anyway.

I can't see him claiming residency in the UK because that might open him up to tax demands and her majesty's inland revenue are remarkably voracious and tenacious.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:44

That's what I thought. He'd honestly be a fool to ever claim residency there because of the taxes, but I'm sure there are creative ways around that which would allow him to spend lots of time there anyway.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 15 Sep 2014, 21:30

Well I learnt a new expression, something  is too pat.

I just don't feel the love in this relationship. I agree with a lot that other posters have said (Katie,Lorna, W2O4D). And I am sure he is going to marry her. He got a lot invested in this. And he might stay married to her for the rest of his life. I think maybee the idea of being married but not really living together much could work for both of them.

Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 15 Sep 2014, 21:53

Way2Old4Dis wrote:You know, I think they both want it to be love, and sometimes that's all that's needed. But, besides it being too pat, as someone perfectly stated, it has way too much of a 'The Bachelor' vibe to it for me. I hope that after the extended vacation, the exotic trips, the lavish dinners, and celebrity galas, they don't one day a year or two from now look at each other over stacks of legal briefs and screenplays and conflicting schedules and go, "Who are you and what the fuck did I do?"

Sometimes I think we share the same brain. This is what I was thinking except you said it way better than I could. I wonder if this is how she sees the rest of her life with him. Will he have to wine and dine her forever? If he does wake up one day and wonder what the hell he did, will he have the cojones to get out or will he stay to save face (his and hers)? Somehow I can't see him being the one to end this, no matter how miserable he might be. If this doesn't work out I think she'll be the one to walk away. Just MO.

For the time being I hope it's as real as it can get and they have a long, happy life together and prove us all wrong!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 15 Sep 2014, 21:57

And I asked Santa for new computer skills. sarcasm

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Sep 2014, 22:13

too pat is too much ?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 15 Sep 2014, 22:15

it's me wrote:too pat is too much ?
too perfect. no flaws

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 15 Sep 2014, 22:15

PigPen - Smartass! And I was trying to be nice! Very Happy 

I really do hope this is everything he wants it to be and that it makes him happy. If it means they are crazy in love with PDAs all over the place forever, or if it means they see each other once a year for ten minutes - I don't care as long as it doesn't fuck up his life!

PS: re: computer skills - "God helps those who help themselves" - lazybones - TAKE A COURSE! lol! (This from someone whose skills are way worse than yours!)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Sep 2014, 22:22

oh thanks PP
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 15 Sep 2014, 22:24

Ask me about Microsoft office, and I'm all in.  Copy and paste an article.....#$&*(() 
Blocked mind set.   

Back to being on topic. George is wonderful. Amal is wonderful.  Their kids will be perfectly attractive,and of course... brilliant.   Lying   (not my real opinion)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Mon 15 Sep 2014, 22:52

PigPen wrote:

Back to being on topic. George is wonderful. Amal is wonderful.  Their kids will be perfectly attractive,and of course... brilliant.   Lying   (not my real opinion)
LOL!

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Mon 15 Sep 2014, 22:54

LizzyNY wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:You know, I think they both want it to be love, and sometimes that's all that's needed. But, besides it being too pat, as someone perfectly stated, it has way too much of a 'The Bachelor' vibe to it for me. I hope that after the extended vacation, the exotic trips, the lavish dinners, and celebrity galas, they don't one day a year or two from now look at each other over stacks of legal briefs and screenplays and conflicting schedules and go, "Who are you and what the fuck did I do?"

Sometimes I think we share the same brain. This is what I was thinking except you said it way better than I could. I wonder if this is how she sees the rest of her life with him. Will he have to wine and dine her forever? If he does wake up one day and wonder what the hell he did, will he have the cojones to get out or will he stay to save face (his and hers)? Somehow I can't see him being the one to end this, no matter how miserable he might be. If this doesn't work out I think she'll be the one to walk away. Just MO.

For the time being I hope it's as real as it can get and they have a long, happy life together and prove us all wrong!

Perfectly said...The Bachelor!

George will never divorce but rather be like the other open Hollywood marriages.  With Amal's experience and knowledge, she surely knows that is what is a possibility, if the fuzzy glasses clear.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 15 Sep 2014, 23:02

justpassinthrough - I think she knows it better than most considering her parents live apart, so it's something she's lived with and is used to.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Mon 15 Sep 2014, 23:07

Is there such a thing as true love? I think it is a matter of luck.
Some people are lucky enough to find a person they end up growing old with but many others end up growing apart. Doesn't mean it wasn't true love when it happened or that they didn't care deeply about each other at the beginning.

Such is life I guess....sorry for the jaded outlook.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Mon 15 Sep 2014, 23:08

agree with katiedot too pat (and the rest of what she said) and liked what you said too way2 sometimes thats all is needed to convince your self want it to be love.

my radar is pinging on this because I remember the first pics of them in 10/2013 (or first public pics i saw *)  it just seemed to be they came out suddenly after stacys announcement of her boyfriend taking her on world trip bond style with splashy pics lavish this n' that i mean I'm happy for stacy (and happy for george & amal if they make it work but....)

this all just feels like a knee jerk reaction to being tweaked in the press "ha NOW I have a boyfriend that knows how to celebrate a birthday see?"
it didn't feel that specific in the beginning from the beginning it felt like a reaction to stacys new relationship but just in past week or so i read a threaad someone mentioned that george didn't show up or do something for her last birthday (before 10/2013) then it just sent off bells. 

I'm probably just being a paranoid git, I'll say this over & over if I'm wrong and they are happy & adore each other yay! Truly wish them the best.  

those that are convinced this is true love enjoy the party & pics really (i mean it)  I just don't buy it.

Edit-holy moly what a molyglot of run on sentences fractured sentences & rambling!  I'm at work on break will try to edit later to make a bit more sense Razz

Last edited by iamnoone on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 23:16; edited 1 time in total

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Mon 15 Sep 2014, 23:15

LizzyNY wrote:justpassinthrough - I think she knows it better than most considering her parents live apart, so it's something she's lived with and is used to.
Thanks for the insight.  

That must be really hard for all parties involved.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 15 Sep 2014, 23:20

How anyone can think this is too perfect I'll never understand. 
No one has a perfect relationship just as there are no perfect people. To be fair to them both neither has spoken about their relationship. Yes they met and quickly got engaged that does not make it perfect all relationships take work and dedication. I think that George was single until he decided he no longer wanted or needed to be once he met Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 15 Sep 2014, 23:57

Re the 'are they living in the UK some of the time and Como the rest of the time' thing, my answer is to that it 'yes, I think they're commuting between the two. Not difficult - an hour and a half plane ride away.

To get a marriage licence in the UK which involves posting the banns publicly, you both have to have been resident in the UK for four weeks....which they both were.......and probably together!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 16 Sep 2014, 00:21

Annemarie you and I share the same optimistic outlook for the two of them. Everything you've responded to in defense of this relationship I absolutely agree with. I think though we are in the minority on this site. Oh well. Only time will tell.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 16 Sep 2014, 03:03

PAN, 

Is the residency requirement filled by simply having a UK address, or does one actually have to spend four consecutive weeks there?  Could he have just purchased a house and have that count?  I ask because there are some wealthy politicians (and others I imagine) in the US who buy homes in the two states that don't have a state income taxes to avoid paying them, and don't actually ever live in those homes.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Tue 16 Sep 2014, 03:29

Missa wrote:PAN, 

Is the residency requirement filled by simply having a UK address, or does one actually have to spend four consecutive weeks there?  Could he have just purchased a house and have that count?  I ask because there are some wealthy politicians (and others I imagine) in the US who buy homes in the two states that don't have a state income taxes to avoid paying them, and don't actually ever live in those homes.
Hi Missa,

Not Pan, but I had a friend who had a home in Connecticut, while he lived in New York (City).  To avoid the high taxes in NY and NYC, he claimed residency in CT to avoid state taxes.  He was very wealthy so he had a caretaker live in the CT residence and his tax-related and government-type mail went to CT.  

Hope that helps.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 16 Sep 2014, 03:32

Thanks, JPT, I thought that was how it worked here in the states.  I was wondering if a similar arrangement is enough to establish residency for the UK as well. If so, simple enough for him to just buy a house and pay a housekeeper to live there.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ2 Tue 16 Sep 2014, 04:54

I don't comment to much........but I think he was really in love with Celine. You could see it on his face, in his eyes and when he looked at her. I don't see that with Amal.

She's nice looking but not a beauty. Plus if she's such a great catch why single so long....I'm sure she must have had relationships before or maybe she was too wrapped up in her career. Who knows. Before anybody blasts me I know a woman doesn't need to be married or have a man in her life to be complete. I just think its odd. Maybe he wanted her to move in with him like he has with so many other gf's and they family said "not unless you marry". Could happen.

Only time will tell but I think it will probably go the way of many Hollywood marriage. It'll cost to much to divorce, so they have separate lives siting working commitments as the reason nobody sees photos of them together except for a big event.

For someone who has always been so private about his private life, I think its out of character for him.  I will be curious to see if she resumes her career after the wedding. Right now I think he's just caught up in the momentum of it all. I would guess that she probably wanted to get married asap instead of a longer engagement in case he changed his mind - track record with women - or the newness wares off and they found that they don't really have that much in common expect for humanitarian issues.

He always said the first few months of any relationship was good but then the "honeymoon period would be over".

JJ2
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 16 Sep 2014, 11:51

Sorry, just have to interject how much the "if she's such a great catch why is she still single" idea irks me when it comes to any woman. As though a woman's life goal should be only to get married as soon as possible to the first guy who shows any interest. That's some seriously old fashioned thinking. Maybe she hasn't met anyone yet with whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life? Also, couldn't we use the same "if he's so great" logic on George?
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 16 Sep 2014, 12:02

Missa, my understanding is that you need proof of residency i e I imagine a bill or something, for the duration.

I think it's becoming more stringent in the UK (not sure how they're doing that), because there are so many scam marriages now here arranged for illegal immigrants, they're starting to clamp down.......

And as for paying tax, as a UK citizen if you are out of the country for a certain number of days per year - the majority of that year - then you don't pay tax for that year. I think it's something like 45 days allowance to be in the UK, but that could be wrong - very wrong!

Would hate to be a tax man!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 16 Sep 2014, 12:17

Missa wrote:Sorry, just have to interject how much the "if she's such a great catch why is she still single" idea irks me when it comes to any woman. As though a woman's life goal should be only to get married as soon as possible to the first guy who shows any interest. That's some seriously old fashioned thinking. Maybe she hasn't met anyone yet with whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life? Also, couldn't we use the same "if he's so great" logic on George?
So agree she may have wanted to have her career set before she married or just hadn't met anyone she wanted to marry. Not every woman thinks marriage is what you have to do first in life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 16 Sep 2014, 12:32

Or maybe at some point there was someone she thought she would marry or a relationship that might lead to marriage and it did not work out.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 16 Sep 2014, 13:22

I have been thinking and I think that Celine and Amal are the women George has really been in love with. He adored Celine but she came into his life at the time he was over marriage and not gonna do it no matter how much he loved her. Amal came into his life at a time when he was ready to commit and work at a relationship , the man has matured aging does that to some. I think he loved his wife he just wasn't ready for marriage. As for the others he dated they were fun and fit into his never get married style of life. The other thing is that neither Celine or Amal are a part of the Hollywood life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:06

.......and Amal is older, wiser, has a huge career, is much travelled and won't be giving up her career and moving lock, stock and barrel to join him for his career half a world away

It must have been an amazing time for Celine, who had been at the start of her law studies, to be swept off her feet like that..........but she did give everything up for him

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:20

I believe Amal has also been swept off her feet and is enjoying her time in the limelight.  George did say at one time he tried to win someone back but he failed, I do believe it might have been Celine.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 16 Sep 2014, 18:32

... None of which matters now. They're in countdown mode with each other.

For better or worse, in sickness and health, for richer or filthy richier. Whatever. Love has raisins.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Sep 2014, 18:41

Love has raisins.   Way 2, please explain.  Never heard this phrase before.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 16 Sep 2014, 18:59

PigPen, it's not a real phrase. It's a silly -- and obviously failed -- joke, a play on the "L'amour a ses raisons" from somewhere up in the thread (or another one; I can't remember). Just me being goofy. Pay me no mind.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Sep 2014, 19:01

Le cœur a ses raisons is a French language Québécois téléroman which heavily parodies American soap operas, often involving great exaggeration to ridiculous proportions

No, babe.. you are on the money.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Tue 16 Sep 2014, 19:40

L'amour a ses raisons is an italian movie with Robert De Niro.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Sep 2014, 19:42

oopsie    Like my definition better as it applies to Way's posting... LOL

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Wed 17 Sep 2014, 02:22

I like love has raisins better too.  sweeter, concentrated even if a bit wrinkly in spots Wink

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 17 Sep 2014, 02:27

I kind of want a Tshirt with "Love has raisins" on the front. Maybe in French, to really confuse people.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Wed 17 Sep 2014, 02:43

Missa wrote:I kind of want a Tshirt with "Love has raisins" on the front. Maybe in French, to really confuse people.
Love it! "L'amour a ses raisins".  Maybe we should send this as a wedding gift to George.  Laughing

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 17 Sep 2014, 04:10

party animal - not! wrote:Missa, my understanding is that you need proof of residency i e I imagine a bill or something, for the duration.

I think it's becoming more stringent in the UK (not sure how they're doing that), because there are so many scam marriages now here arranged for illegal immigrants, they're starting to clamp down.......

And as for paying tax, as a UK citizen if you are out of the country for a certain number of days per year - the majority of that year - then you don't pay tax for that year. I think it's something like 45 days allowance to be in the UK, but that could be wrong - very wrong!

Would hate to be a tax man!

OMG!  Pan I think you've got it!  George wants to become a UK citizen and needed to marry someone so he could get his green card!

Yup!  That's what I'm going to keep thinking for better or worse!  HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by ispy Wed 17 Sep 2014, 09:14

No no, he marry a beautiful woman above him in every way. He say so too.

ispy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 17 Sep 2014, 21:32

Hi ispy I was being sarcastic.  :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Clouddancer Tue 23 Sep 2014, 00:38

True Love? I'd say not as much as mutual respect and affection. Its like one of those pictures you played with as a child, which invited you to find the errors. It all feels staged somehow, don't ask me to explain it better then that because I couldn't. Its like a well written play and all the actors are hitting their marks and saying their lines with the right amount of affection
and emotion. Still, as you watch it, its nice and fun, and all so romantic but it isn't real, but you don't mind cause its lovely to watch. You know something's off you just cant figure out how off and what exactly it is that's tickling your off button. I do however wish them the best and hope its a long, happy, fulfilling relationship and that regret is never a word they use regarding each other. Sometimes the best marriages are those based in mutual respect and affection. Hot fantasy love fades and when it does you'd better have something to stand on, or it all falls apart. Just an opinion which means absolutely nothing to involved parties. Smile

Clouddancer
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 23 Sep 2014, 15:35

Clouddancer - Well said. I think you put into words the feelings of a lot of us who just can't buy the fairy tale but can't explain why. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Wed 24 Sep 2014, 02:31

agree with every word you said Clouddancer.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 02:53

iamnoone wrote:agree with every word you said Clouddancer.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Wed 24 Sep 2014, 03:40

Cece42 wrote:
iamnoone wrote:agree with every word you said Clouddancer.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME THREE!!!!!!

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next