George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics!

+31
jd68
happycat
fava
monaco
Alisonfan
Missa
isogotit
What Would He Say
PigPen
catwoman
Silje
Picachu
LornaDoone
Cece42
Mazy
hathaross
Jenn
amaretti
Joanna
lionheart
Way2Old4Dis
premiere
LizzyNY
louisvillelaura
annemarie
melbert
party animal - not!
Sevens
Katiedot
The next mrs clooney
Nicky80
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics!

Post by PigPen Wed 13 Aug 2014, 20:42

All of a sudden, a whole sh#% load of PDA shots?  Whatever.

Be prepared to jump down my throat, gang.  Reminds me of the shot where he laid a massive lip lock on Sarah Larson when they were at a black tie affair somewhere on the planet, and then played tonsil hockey with her while at a window seat restaraunt while with Rande and Cindy ? New York.

Okay, they're engaged, their hormones are up. Nice photos of his Nibs, but IMO they were planned/staged.

I'm a big girl, take your best shots, ladies!!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics! - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Kiss During Romantic Dinner in Italy—See Their PDA Pics!

Post by LizzyNY Wed 13 Aug 2014, 21:14

Pigpen - Sorry, but don't think so. Really just a bunch of shots of the same two events  - apparently on the same day. Neither one looks to me like a pro took the shots - especially the ones in the restaurant. But what do I know? Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Aug 2014, 21:20

TMZ headline

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney and fiancée Amal Alamuddin were snuggling and kissing at dinner in Lake Como, Italy last week -- and some people think she was hiding something under the table ... as in a baby!

The inevitable prego rumors were sparked by another photo of Amal getting on a boat ... where there appears to be a bump. Could just be the wind though. 

Then again, a baby might explain why Clooney -- the bachelor-for-life poster boy -- is suddenly walking down the aisle again.

Just sayin' ...

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 13 Aug 2014, 21:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 13 Aug 2014, 21:38

Way2Old4Dis wrote:One last thing:

Hey, Amal. What's with the damn shorts, girl? George finally wears a suit, and you show up looking like somebody's going to order the chicken nuggets for you at the kiddie table. We get it. You have thin legs. Now put some big girl pants on.

Yeah Right  LOL! 

All those who think the shorts was the most appropriate outfit to wear to a nice dinner with your fiance who is in a suit... please explain that to me.  Besides that it's 'her style".

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 13 Aug 2014, 21:49

For me, the second and third pictures say it all. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 13 Aug 2014, 21:53

Yes I like to cuddle him too  Hug1
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 13 Aug 2014, 21:54

Lizzy, they are nice shots. 
I can only speak for myself , obviously...in love, engaged.. if I were with a  group of people at a restaurant, and a couple began snuggling, stealing a kiss, etc,  I would feel very uncomfortable.  It's one thing if it's the 2 of you at a corner table, but I feel they were being inconsiderate of their guests.  What do you do if you're at the table.. say "awwwwwwww', look away,  play with your napkin.   No, I'm not against romance, but I'm obviously very reserved, if only in public.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 13 Aug 2014, 22:04

Pigpen - Look again. The article says they stayed behind after their guests had left. They're alone at the table. A little cuddle after a long day? Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 13 Aug 2014, 22:07

photo #4,  upper right.. man's hand.  Even not, it's still a table clearly not in a corner.  HEY DUDE- GET A ROOM.

Again, we agree to disagree Smile

PS... can't find the line where ist says they stayed behind.  A semi prude, with some  vision issues  Laughing

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 13 Aug 2014, 22:21

Shock and Horror.... the guilty know who they are!

I was sent one of these pictures in an email earlier today..... with the words "Love is all around".... I thought it was The Wedding.....  Sad

Only to find it's George having a casual supper..... WTF is the wedding going to look like.....

Upset to see no one licking the chocolate off that plate....Every celeb should have, must have a licker, chocolate licker.......I'm free...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 13 Aug 2014, 22:24

Pigpen - Sorry I can't be specific about where I saw it. Might have been in an article online - I've seen a bunch of them.

You're not a prude. Considering how they know someone's always watching them, I'm guessing they just didn't care. I agree they probably should have been more discreet, but then we wouldn't have these photos now, would we? Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 13 Aug 2014, 22:33

LizzyNY wrote:Pigpen - Sorry I can't be specific about where I saw it. Might have been in an article online - I've seen a bunch of them.

You're not a prude. Considering how they know someone's always watching them, I'm guessing they just didn't care. I agree they probably should have been more discreet, but then we wouldn't have these photos now, would we? Smile
AHEM----that's semi-prude.  Thank you very much!  LOL

I'm guessing they just didn't care-but then we wouldn't have these photos now, would we   Naw, good publicity.  Got the feeling they threw the paps a bone, to keep them off the trail, like the family balcony scene.  Esp if they just got on a private jet heading who knows where..

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 13 Aug 2014, 23:25

Pigpen - Anything's possible. I still don't think this was arranged, because they would have gotten pics of the other diners, too - unless I've missed something - which is entirely possible.  Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Wed 13 Aug 2014, 23:28

In the one photo you can see a man right next to George, so they evidently weren't alone at the table with her hanging all over him.  Engaged or not they aren't teenagers, show a little class.  He better know what he is doing, because this girl is not going to go away like all the rest.  TOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLINGY.JMO

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Wed 13 Aug 2014, 23:34

Totally agree with Way2Old4Dis.  Don't like the short shorts; she's way to skinny for them.  George looks nice.  Her hair is up and then down.  Hair must have come back after the guest all departed.

Last edited by isogotit on Wed 13 Aug 2014, 23:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posted info to wrong thread.)
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 14 Aug 2014, 00:03

Staged or not, I'm just glad to finally see George showing some actual affection (beyond his signature "hand on the knee" move) to a woman in public.  That snuggle in the second and third pictures is adorable, and at second glance, I don't know if she's grabbing his head in that photo, or running her fingers through his hair.  Can't say as I blame her.  And even if she's the initiator, we've see George's reaction to a ladyfriend initiating affection before, and it's not this.  Judging from these pictures, he's all in.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 14 Aug 2014, 00:31

Totally agree. He's leaning in just as much as her, and I believe the quote  that he'd marry her tomorrow if he could. They just look very together to me

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 14 Aug 2014, 02:52

Thanks for all the pics everybody.  George looks GREAT!!!  Looky, he's pointing right at ME!!!!  ===========>
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 14 Aug 2014, 03:05

Where did you find that avatar pic,mel?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 14 Aug 2014, 03:09

In one of the magazine pictures.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 14 Aug 2014, 03:47

Ok I've found that on Mail
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:22

Yep and judging by the cut and applique on the top you can see in other pix I'd bet that's designer............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:30

PigPen wrote:All those who think the shorts was the most appropriate outfit to wear to a nice dinner with your fiance who is in a suit... please explain that to me.  Besides that it's 'her style".
Well, firstly George isn't exactly in a suit. A suit comes with a tie and the shirt is buttoned up. What he's wearing is a relaxed look of trousers and a jacket. Secondly, what she's wearing is what's called 'city shorts' which became fashionable about six or seven years ago. These are tailored shorts in a nice fabric and are suitable to wear to the office with a jacket [some offices, anyway; I had to send home one of my team who turned up in what was actually a really lovely formal shorts-suit but we were working for a very stuffy conservative company where they barely approved of women in trousers]. I'd say the trend is about done by now as we've moved on to the dread playsuit (and now, heaven help us, dungarees!) but a pair of tailored shorts and a nice sparkly top does more or less match a man in trousers and jacket with no tie and an unbuttoned shirt. Neither is formal. Would I have worn them to dinner? No. Should she have thrown a jacket on? IMO yes.

Don't confuse city shorts with the casual things you'd wear on the beach. In case you think I'm making this up, here's Vogue explaining the dos and don'ts of shorts in the office: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The days of strict clothes rules are long, long, long gone and reflects the change in the way we dress, which is a lot more casual than ever before.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 14 Aug 2014, 13:07

Katie - I agree with everything you said. "City shorts" are on trend. Every pop star and young Hollywood starlet is wearing them. However, Amal is neither a pop star nor starlet. She is a 36 year old woman with a serious career. 

I have no problem with her sense of style. I like a lot of the clothes she wears. But what she wears in her off-time does come across to me as a woman dressing too young for her age. What Alisonfan said about being "71 from the front and 17 from the back" made me laugh, but I think that could be Amal in a few years. IMO, she could dress on trend and still be age appropriate.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 14 Aug 2014, 13:48

My daughter is a couple of years younger than Amal. She has a better body - toned and athletic, but not skinny - and has a professional career. She wouldn't be caught dead in shorts at a nice restaurant, city or not. She and her friends and colleagues think even the designer ones are for casual wear and for teens-to-mid-twenty-year-olds. Basically, if you 're going to be indoors and in an adult venue, leave the shorts in the drawer. The consensus is that they make you look like you're trying way too hard at the wrong thing.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 14 Aug 2014, 13:57

Page Six NYP today

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 14 Aug 2014, 14:52

Thanks for the comments.  I am a little confused by Amal, back in October she was hailed as the best thing to happen to GC, because she was different, most ppl citing that she didn't show her woohaa, and had a extremely serious career.  This woman was a WOMAN.
Now, we see pictures slashed jeans, almost woohaa short shorts, really nothing will convince me that a mid thirties gal in woohaa hi shorts and stacked heel is stylish, it lurches badly down the sluttish road. And we thought we were all through with that. Disappointed.
It's funny how you think someone has changed their ways, but nothing could be further from the truth.  The pictures from October were a snap shot of an Amal, we thought George had fallen for.  We may have been wrong, nothing had changed, he got to know her in her down time, as with most dating.  That is what he liked - the down time Amal - we thought it was the attractive lady with brain and commitment to work, this week with the UN fiasco, it makes me not so sure that was or is a driving force.
It could have been to hell with the brains, bring on the Eli shorts.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 14 Aug 2014, 15:00

Sorry TNMC, no matter how stylish, or in vogue one has to address questions of appropriateness.  
She is late thirties = no.
She advises U.N  = no
She is with an older man = no
She is a barrister = no
She is with a famous man and could be inappropriately photographed =no
and further papped being somewhat intimate at a classy dinner table = no

If you can't keep your hands off your man don't dress like you are for hire=no no no.
Further proof, the kissing pictures are fine, from the waist up great. Full outfit epic fail.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:01

I disagree AF. 
I know nothing about "fashion" but I know what I like to see people wearing when they're on holiday.
I find nothing offensive about Amal's clothes and consider she's an interesting dresser.

I'm beginning to think that maybe it's a cultural thing
caused by the Atlantic. LOL.
I think that there's always been a big difference between "smart casual clothes styles" where European and America folk are concerned, particularly females. 

Not being snitchy, it's just something that I've observed over the years.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:02

Alisonfan wrote:Sorry TNMC, no matter how stylish, or in vogue one has to address questions of appropriateness.  
She is late thirties = no.
She advises U.N  = no
She is with an older man = no
She is a barrister = no
She is with a famous man and could be inappropriately photographed =no
and further papped being somewhat intimate at a classy dinner table = no

If you can't keep your hands off your man don't dress like you are for hire=no no no.
Further proof, the kissing pictures are fine, from the waist up great. Full outfit epic fail.
Being in your late 30s is not exactly old!!!!  She's not in her 80s wearing shorts! she dresses fine for her age!!
How are they not appropriate?  They cover everything they should and are actually dressy shorts not beach wear so appropriate for a dinner out thats obviously not that formal judging from what George is wearing.
Does George being older mean she has to dress like and old woman?  absolutely not!
As for her career why does that have anything to do with how she dresses in her free time?  It doesn't!!  She doesn't meet with the UN wearing shorts or go into court wearing ripped jeans, she dresses appropriately when she is working!!

Wearing shorts is not a sign that you are for hire, what a disgusting comment!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:14

She's in her mid 30s and on holiday and there's no way anyone can take an 'inappropriate photograph' of her in shorts!

Whether or not you think her outfit appropriate for what looks like a relaxed dinner outside is a matter of opinion but it is in fashion and she looks fine in it.

I don't know exactly why it comes as a shock to anyone that people in respected positions such as lawyers wear casual clothes when on holiday.

I quite often don't like what Amal wears but I understand that's simply because she and I don't have the same taste in clothes and not because she's somehow wrong.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by monaco Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:37

I quite often don't like what Amal wears but I understand that's simply because she and I don't have the same taste in clothes and not because she's somehow wrong.

Katie - well said.  I'm around Amals age and IMO she sometimes dresses in clothes that are age inappropriate, but some might say I dress older than my age.  

I'm failing to see how her dress sense can upset people so much.  At the end of the day, she's happy and comfortable in what she wears and George is obviously happy too.  That's all that matters.

monaco
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:49

I think Joanna hit the nail on the head - it's probably a cultural thing. There used to be a sort of unwritten code of what was appropriate for age and event. The rules have changed (if there are any rules now) but there still comes a point when you don't look young - you look silly and like you're trying too hard. The old saying "mutton dressed as lamb" comes to mind.

I'm not saying Amal is at that point at all, but I do think her casual clothes are more for a 20-something than a woman nearing  40. Guess I'm just old fashioned.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 14 Aug 2014, 17:13

I had a different thought about the kiss this morning - no not over thinking it just popped into my head.

Perhaps right before the kiss George said something very complimentary about Amal to the group.

I know if that was the case - as much as I don't like pda's - I would have probably leaned over and kissed him too!

My point is we weren't at the dinner and we don't know the circumstances of why the kiss happened. Heck it could have just been a moment of pure lust - but I doubt it.

So I'm going with George said something really, really nice and she kissed him for being so sweet.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 14 Aug 2014, 17:31

Aha! Finally found it! - The "Chi" article (on P.1 of this thread) says they exchanged kisses and cuddles after the guests had gone home. I think they were just having a quiet moment alone after a long day. (I knew I had seen it somewhere. Very Happy )
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 14 Aug 2014, 17:35

I've decided to give the girl a break. She's not a woman who's been around the block, as far as I know, and she's marrying a man whose romances with much more, um, experienced women have been broadcast across the planet. So maybe she feels like she has to be leggier, skinnier, and lustier than her predecessors. And maybe being closer to 40 than 30 doesn't have the same ramifications on the dress code in her world that it does in mine. And I'm absolutely sure that it's my problem, and not hers, that there's no effing way I'd be happy about my 30-something daughter marrying, after a half-year courtship, a 50-something man who swore his aversion to being married practically up until the time he proposed to her -- and so my gut conclusion that something is off. It's all wasted energy on my part anyway. Nothing to do with me. So I'll use my speculation time on other things, like whether the Cardinals will make the playoffs.

Shorts. PDAs. Wedding venues. Weight issues.

Meh.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 17:51

OK I'm a bit late to ask this question but it didn't pop up in my brain until now.

What does PDA mean?

When I google it, it says "Personal digital assistant"  scratch But that makes no sense to me when I read PDA Pics....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 14 Aug 2014, 18:09

AHA...Nicky same with you as an non-English speaker I was confused by that phrase too. But I did some search secretly realizing that word means "Public Display of Affection"

Last edited by Sevens on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 18:23; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 18:12

ah thanks sevens   Give Flowers now that makes more sense.....hehe 

Would be easier if they do not call it PDA pics and instead HOT -PICS hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Thu 14 Aug 2014, 18:23

hang on, she's only 36 isnt she, hardly late 30's

Last edited by Picachu on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 18:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong number)
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 14 Aug 2014, 18:48

Okay, let's take a look at the likes of, say, Kate Moss, on holiday........she's 40. 

Admittedly a bit different from her last trip that we're aware of to Villa D'Este.

They were with friends (rather than the folks). They're very dressy shorts. A very glamorous venue, the weather is very warm. 

And her man loves legs...............picture 2 ladies. 

Chi reported his hands were on her tummy - hence the speculation............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 14 Aug 2014, 19:04

George's hands were on her tummy? Ah she probably just had indigestion! brahahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 14 Aug 2014, 19:28

Probably more upper thigh/crotch vicinity.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 14 Aug 2014, 19:39

party animal - not! wrote:Okay, let's take a look at the likes of, say, Kate Moss, on holiday........she's 40. 

Admittedly a bit different from her last trip that we're aware of to Villa D'Este.

They were with friends (rather than the folks). They're very dressy shorts. A very glamorous venue, the weather is very warm. 

Must be I'm old beyond my years.  It has nothing to do with age, but acceptance of your circumstance, for a bright lady/girl, whichever she would prefer, (hard to tell because of DRESS).  Her circumstance has changed, I think people who know they are in the public eye for the long haul - Princess Kate even Debbie Jackman or Matt's wife- give careful consideration to how they will be portrayed and how that will impact on their famous/celebrity other half.  They neatly put away the shorts, to wear at home. I often  buy dresses I would not wear in public. I wear with my husband at home.  At home my circumstances are different, more relaxed.  I don't want to to let him down, when we are lucky enough to be out together in public. (He works away six months/12)  I want him to be as proud of me, in the outside world, as I am of him.  At home I want him to think I'm still the red hot mama, out come the shorts.  I love you   I suppose it's a respect thing, for me.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 14 Aug 2014, 19:39

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Sample Wedding Food? Check Out Details About Their Dinner!
by CORINNE HELLER Wed., Aug. 13, 2014 12:15 PM PD
The wedding countdown is on for lovebirds George Clooney and fiancée Amal Alamuddin, and what better way to celebrate their upcoming nuptials than to sample some tasty eats?
The 53-year-old Oscar winner and 36-year-old human rights lawyer packed on the PDA at a recent dinner with friends in Lake Como, Italy, at a restaurant at a luxury hotel. A source told E! News that this may have been the pair's wedding menu tasting dinner.
"He's been there two or three times already in recent weeks, checking out the grounds and walking around," the source added about Clooney.
At their dinner, the two and their friends sat at a round table adorned with a white tablecloth, candles and white and red flowers. They shared a kiss, while Alamuddin also gave Clooney a neck massage and cozied up to him lovingly, another source told E! News. The two were later spotted taking a stroll by themselves (see more pics of the couple at the event).
The pair got engaged in April and in June, they were spotted touring possible wedding venues in the Lake Como area, where Clooney maintains a home. The source told E! News that Clooney and Alamuddin are likely to tie the knot in mid-September. They have already obtained a marriage license, in London, where the actor's fiancée lives and works.
—Reporting by Senta Scarborough and Michelle Falls
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 14 Aug 2014, 20:16

Alisonfan wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:Okay, let's take a look at the likes of, say, Kate Moss, on holiday........she's 40. 

Must be I'm old beyond my years.  It has nothing to do with age, but acceptance of your circumstance, for a bright lady/girl, whichever she would prefer, (hard to tell because of DRESS).  Her circumstance has changed, I think people who know they are in the public eye for the long haul - Princess Kate even Debbie Jackman or Matt's wife- give careful consideration to how they will be portrayed and how that will impact on their famous/celebrity other half.  They neatly put away the shorts, to wear at home. I often  buy dresses I would not wear in public. I wear with my husband at home.  At home my circumstances are different, more relaxed.  I don't want to to let him down, when we are lucky enough to be out together in public. (He works away six months/12)  I want him to be as proud of me, in the outside world, as I am of him.  At home I want him to think I'm still the red hot mama, out come the shorts.  I love you   I suppose it's a respect thing, for me.
Alright, that's you.  I personally respect her more for doing/wearing whatever she wants rather than following the conventional role of supporting woman. The 3 women you mention are only in the public eye because of their spouses.   Her taste in clothes is not mine, but I say she should do what she wants.  George is going to change her life enough, she doesn't need to--and shouldn't IMO-- change everything for him.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 14 Aug 2014, 20:45

Nicky80 wrote:OK I'm a bit late to ask this question but it didn't pop up in my brain until now.

What does PDA mean

When I google it, it says "Personal digital assistant"  scratch But that makes no sense to me when I read PDA Pics....
Lol.  Have to wonder what you were envisioning when reading "kiss--romantic dinner--and personal digital assistant."  Pretty x- rated!  Now the interaction between George and Amal seems pretty tame.....

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 14 Aug 2014, 20:58

Nicky80 wrote:OK I'm a bit late to ask this question but it didn't pop up in my brain until now.

What does PDA mean?

I did exactly the same thing you did Nicky and it made no sense to me either. 

Thanks for the explanation Sevens. Smile

Last edited by theminis on Fri 15 Aug 2014, 01:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to fix title)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 14 Aug 2014, 22:55

party animal - not! wrote:Totally agree. He's leaning in just as much as her, and I believe the quote  that he'd marry her tomorrow if he could. They just look very together to me
PAN, not to be sarcastic... he'd marry her tomorrow if he could...then why the hell doesn't he??

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 14 Aug 2014, 23:12

Katiedot wrote:
PigPen wrote:All those who think the shorts was the most appropriate outfit to wear to a nice dinner with your fiance who is in a suit... please explain that to me.  Besides that it's 'her style".
 Well, firstly George isn't exactly in a suit.  A suit comes with a tie and the shirt is buttoned up.  What he's wearing is a relaxed look of trousers and a jacket.  Secondly, what she's wearing is what's called 'city shorts' which became fashionable about six or seven years ago.  These are tailored shorts in a nice fabric and are suitable to wear to the office with a jacket [some offices, anyway; I had to send home one of my team who turned up in what was actually a really lovely formal shorts-suit but we were working for a very stuffy conservative company where they barely approved of women in trousers].  I'd say the trend is about done by now as we've moved on to the dread playsuit (and now, heaven help us, dungarees!) but a pair of tailored shorts and a nice sparkly top does more or less match a man in trousers and jacket with no tie and an unbuttoned shirt.  Neither is formal.  Would I have worn them to dinner? No.  Should she have thrown a jacket on? IMO yes.

Don't confuse city shorts with the casual things you'd wear on the beach.  In case you think I'm making this up, here's Vogue explaining the dos and don'ts of shorts in the office: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The days of strict clothes rules are long, long, long gone and reflects the change in the way we dress, which is a lot more casual than ever before.  
Katie et al.. I hear what you all are saying.  Girl has a right to express herself however she wants.  We all do.  My opinion- the outfit, designer/mega expensive or not, draws attention to the age difference, esp since the wt loss.  Like I said, just my opinion.  Not terribly "up" on what's hip, except that the only time I see a woman in an outfit such as this ( shorts ), it's to draw attention to herself,  ( "hey everyone.. look at ME")  Again, just my opinion... with the world watching, was this the best attire to go to dinner in?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next