George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 EmptyToday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013

+26
playfuldeb
Picachu
Atalante
isogotit
Carla97
cupcake
party animal - not!
kmoo
Rachel
What Would He Say
Boshkash
Butterfly
Maggy
Nicky80
amaretti
it's me
Juliette Hardy
mosaic
melbert
theminis
Mazy
Missa
Joanna
LornaDoone
silly girl
30 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013

Post by ... Mon 04 Nov 2013, 22:25

Profuse apologies for sidetracking.

Yes, BAFTA Los Angeles is located at Melrose Ave, West Hollywood.
Awards event at Beverly Hills Hilton Hotel.

Another link:

MAHWAH, N.J., Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ Jaguar Cars announced today that they will elevate their presence in Hollywood by joining with the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles (BAFTA LA) as the official 2013 title sponsor of the BAFTA LA JAGUAR BRITANNIA AWARDS . The Jaguar Britannia Awards , taking place November 9 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, celebrates the achievements of those who have made an outstanding contribution to excellence in the international entertainment industry. Honors are given for excellence in film, directing and comedy, as well as for worldwide contribution to entertainment and for use of the moving image for humanitarian causes.

The 2013 Jaguar Britannia Awards will be hosted by award winning actor and comedian, Rob Brydon. BAFTA LA will honor Sir Ben Kingsley with the "Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment"; George Clooney with the "Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film"; Kathryn Bigelow with the "John Schlesinger Britannia Award for Excellence in Directing"; Idris Elba with the "Britannia Humanitarian Award"; Sacha Baron Cohen with the "Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy"; and Benedict Cumberbatch with the "Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year."

"This partnership with BAFTA LA and Jaguar aims to highlight the increasing appreciation for British innovation in everything from the entertainment and fashion worlds to luxury goods and automobiles," said Jeff Curry, Brand Vice President, Jaguar North America. "We look forward to partnering with BAFTA LA to promote British excellence in the entertainment industry on both sides of the Atlantic and to celebrate the tremendous talent of the evening's remarkable honorees."

Jaguar will be showcasing its presence at the Jaguar Britannia Awards through several activations taking place throughout the famed Beverly Hilton's grounds. The brand's own star of the night will be the recently launched 2014 Jaguar F-TYPE, a return to the company's heart: a two-seat, convertible sports car and a continuation of a sporting bloodline that stretches back more than 75 years. A series of F-TYPE cars including, in true British fashion, several which are to be Union Jack emblazoned, will be on display. Assuring the evening's honorees arrive in style, sleek Jaguar XJ sedans will chauffeur them to the event....
Read more about Jaguar Cars to Become Title Sponsor of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles' 2013 BAFTA LA JAGUAR BRITANNIA AWARDS' - BWWGeeksWorld by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Tapped for BAFTA L.A.'s Brittania Award 2013

Post by Boshkash Tue 05 Nov 2013, 07:28

Don't get me wrong but many times you girls proven to be the ones caring about his private life more than his work not others, and it's annoying really to have every topic taken to his private issues..

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 05 Nov 2013, 13:39

Boshkash wrote:Don't get me wrong but many times you girls proven to be  the ones caring about his private life more than his work not others, and it's annoying really to have every topic taken to his private issues..
I'm not sure what you mean as I love George the complete person whatever that be. He is an extremely talented film maker but there is so much more that makes the person than just his talents. If he stopped being a film maker tomorrow I would still love the person. He is very intelligent, humble, kind hearted and in my opinion one of the most dedicate humanitarians around. All these things plus so much more is what makes him even better at his craft. I don't see how you can dissect and separate these qualities from his career. So he will always have my love and respect no matter what stage of his life he is in at any given time. So yes I am interested in his private life and take a great interest in his humanitarian efforts.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Tue 05 Nov 2013, 16:30

I believe George manages to keep the things which are important for him to be kept private, private. I agree with Mazy, he is our George, the complete person. That's why we are on this forum and we just want to see him happy. Happy with his great work, happy as a great humanitarian and hopeful happy in his private life. I'm sure everyone on here (I hope so) respects George and we don't judge him, just sometimes have our opinions on what's going on around him.
I believe he doesn't care about the tabloids except when it gets to much - like his latest denial - seems that "MJ crap" quoting George or Stan - must have really annoyed him. Bricks sometimes its too much even for a gentleman like George. (sorry, think boshkash should have made a new thread for this - wrong thread)
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 18:11

I agree with Mazy too. I think we all like George the filmaker and George the private person. It makes the person complete and it is hard to seperate that.
And I like to read or discuss things about his private life as others myabe have a different view then I have and gives me sometimes a better picture about him. Of course as long it stays on the topic. Sorry for being off topic.  Embarassed 

But one more thing, I think if we have threads about his work like MM were we mostly stay on topic and post mainly about his work. and if we get distracted the moderators in this forum remind us   Very Happy  So I don't think it is that bad but this is just how I think.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Tue 05 Nov 2013, 20:51

oh I meant this :
"But one more thing, I think if we have threads about his work like MM were we mostly stay on topic and post mainly about his work. and if we get distracted the moderators in this forum remind us Very Happy So I don't think it is that bad but this is just how I think."

sorry for the misunderstanding.

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 05 Nov 2013, 21:30

Boshkash and all - yes we do get distracted on some threads, I myself guilty of that too. I also get frustrated to see almost every thread regardless of topic somehow wind its way back to Georges love life, or the women in his life - frustrated because we have a million threads on that topic alone.

So yes please everyone note that if one of us Mods (or Katie) reminds you to stay on topic we are not being rude merely trying to keep the topic coherent and relevant.

Thanks
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 09:28

Three days left and then we see new pics of George...Countdown is running cheers Can't wait bounce 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 15:06

Nicky80 wrote:Three days left and then we see new pics of George...Countdown is running    cheers   Can't wait   bounce 
Yes I am "assuming the channel is BBCA, I don't get that one. If anyone knows another in US please let me know.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Thu 07 Nov 2013, 06:49

"The Britannia Awards will be held this Saturday, November 9, 2013 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. BBC America airs the ceremony on Sunday, November 10 at 9PM EST."

This is taken from the Gold derby site..

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 07 Nov 2013, 10:10

thank you very much Very Happy
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by kmoo Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:58

I have not posted before but been reading for a while.

For any of you in the UK, the awards are on Sky Showcase on Monday at 8pm

Last edited by kmoo on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 13:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Error)
kmoo
kmoo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 Nov 2013, 13:11

Oh, thank you kmoo! I have been wondering.........pity I don't have Sky!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 07 Nov 2013, 19:36

Welcome Kmoo, thanks for the information.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 08 Nov 2013, 03:36

Boshkash wrote:"The Britannia Awards will be held this Saturday, November 9, 2013 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. BBC America airs the ceremony on Sunday, November 10 at 9PM EST."

This is taken from  the Gold derby site..
Boo! At the Bev Hilton and I'll be miles and miles away in Orange county!!

Oh well, Bev Hilton is one of the worst places to try to see stars - I think they actually get out of their cars inside the driveway so you can't see much of anything. If I remember correctly.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 08 Nov 2013, 03:41

Damn you Lorna! You were our only hope! See how you are!!?? hahahaha
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 08 Nov 2013, 03:46

Well I plan to be at Monuments Men IF they have an LA premiere. They might not though. Sometimes they do them in NYC.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 08 Nov 2013, 05:01

Don't forget you are picking me up first, yes I know that makes it a round trip but that's why they invented booze.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 06:28

LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:59

Like a Star @ heaven 

Last edited by Ocean on Fri 08 Nov 2013, 13:15; edited 1 time in total

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:50

obviously!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 08 Nov 2013, 13:16

I saw a tweet earlier that someone said they were invited to a private Gravity screening with GC. He couldn't go so I am not sure if GC went.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 19:29

Only one more day.... cheers Ok because of the time difference it is two days for me until I see the pics but still cheers 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 08 Nov 2013, 19:41

Yay, looking forward to those pictures too!

Am I scratch
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 09 Nov 2013, 21:31

This is happening today!Very Happy 

Does anybody know when it starts? Probably in few hours from now, considering the time difference between Europe and USA.

I will be sleeping while the American part of this forum will post new photos of Our Hero, arriving in all his glory...

cheers 

Congratulations George!cheers 

The Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film goes to a “unique individual, upon whose work is stamped the indelible mark of authorship and commitment, and who has lifted the craft to new heights.” I must add also: He has lifted the standards of male's beauty to new hights Love letter 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 09 Nov 2013, 21:34

oh damn
it's already today!!

yummy pic tomorrow !!! Yahooooo 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 09 Nov 2013, 21:35

in what? 2/3 hours???
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 09 Nov 2013, 21:43

In 3,20 hours from now, it will be 5 pm in LA.

I don't know when the guests will be arriving....I presume from 5 ....

But I am not sure. I was not able to find that info on the web.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 09 Nov 2013, 21:47

3 are too much for me
I will see him tomorrow morning Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 09 Nov 2013, 22:03

Me too Smile  Good night It's me Hello!
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Sat 09 Nov 2013, 22:14

great, new pics of george tomorrow morning Cool Very Happy 
cupcake
cupcake

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 09 Nov 2013, 22:23

yeah!!!!!!!! Thumbs up! congratulation George!!!!!!!! Yahooooo 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 09 Nov 2013, 22:37

Me too can't wait wake up tomorrow LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 09 Nov 2013, 22:42

Hopefully he is wearing a different shirt. Please no stripes. I have seen him to many times in that shirt. I would prefer shirtless but I guess I'm not lucky with that Very Happy 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 09 Nov 2013, 23:03

black
grey
white?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 10 Nov 2013, 00:17

Nude ?
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 10 Nov 2013, 00:30

If you are thinking him going Nude Yep Id be all for that WWHS
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 10 Nov 2013, 00:35

Wish I was his table mate -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 10 Nov 2013, 00:48

Dear Mr. Teta,

I was wondering if you had any job vacancies........maybe within the next couple of hours?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Sun 10 Nov 2013, 00:57

Man that Cohen doesn't belong there at all!! I am ashamed for him..

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 10 Nov 2013, 01:17

party animal - not! wrote:Dear Mr. Teta,

I was wondering if you had any job vacancies........maybe within the next couple of hours?
Now wouldn't that be wonderful PAN?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 10 Nov 2013, 01:38

Former career credential: event manager. Very happy to alter the place settings!

I see from someone's twitter that Julia Roberts is one of the presenters......just to cross different threads for a mo, I think the rollout of different actors for August O C is a)clever and subtle, but b) may be absolutely necessary given all the many diaries involved!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 10 Nov 2013, 03:05

Wire Image...arrivals: The Tux is back!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 10 Nov 2013, 03:09

Tweet...

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 Nov 2013, 03:12

Is that a new tux? It looks darker and maybe better fitting?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 10 Nov 2013, 03:19

I think so........joked about Marc Malkin's tie by the look of it.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 10 Nov 2013, 03:36

Thanks Ladies lovely photos
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 10 Nov 2013, 03:37

Bit fuzzy

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sun 10 Nov 2013, 03:50

Great photos on the red carpet.
The Getty site has a lot too, but we can't post the link here, right?

I think he looks great.  
Exquisite tuxedo!! Wink 
Very suave, poised & charming.
Seasoned finesse.

Hope he enjoys the occasion, ....and then has a few days to relax a little more.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 10 Nov 2013, 05:59

Deeeeeelish!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next