George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

+42
janieb
EEOsandy
Natascha
m4rose
noodle
doris day
Lighterside
melbert
theminis
madsky
lovelylois
Dior
Aly
George Fan
fluffy
Seth Gecko
Bidbod
Joanna
watching
macs
socimar
barla
Cinderella
bellybaby
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
The next mrs clooney
lucy
it's me
Maggy
Missa
party animal - not!
phys major
annemarie
Lakin460
tzizz
davidarochelle
cindigirl
silly girl
lelacorb
Henway
Katiedot
46 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

Post by macs Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:25

Joanna wrote:
Link to clearer pictures....handholding too... Coolio

oooooOOOOooooo Sofa bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thumbs up!

Anybody knows who's the second guy left from george (first guy is Ben ?). He sort of reminded me of Miguel Ferrer (though I'm pretty sure he's not)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is Grant Heslov not supposed to be here ? Because he does not seem to go out as much as the other (even less than George...)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

Post by socimar Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:41

barla wrote:an advice, Stacy ... never wear a hat to dinner, even if you hide the hair regrowth ..... when the dinner took place ... it is clear that the "famous twitter was a misunderstanding" ....but...why???... confused confused

Barla,
IMHO, the "famous twitter", Louisa Gabriel, is a professional blogger and has her own website called "Beyond the Superficial" at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
In her latest story, called "The Cinderella Syndrome" written on Weds. June 13, 2012 she wrote about George Clooney as being her Prince Charming. This is part of the text:

Okay, so I am going to admit something to you now, as they say that acknowledging your problem is the first step on the road to recovery, I have Cinderella Syndrome. Now don't worry and start planning an intervention, my case is a very mild one and my symptoms are well controlled by a daily dose of reality. I dream of my Prince Charming, aka, George Clooney, saving me from my life, whisking me off to his villa in Italy to live happily ever after. Wait a minute! Is this really a syndrome or is it just a wonderful day dream that allows me to take a brief step away from the monotony of every day life? After all do I really think George Clooney is going to whisk me away? No! Do I need George Clooney to pay my bills? No! (although it would be nice). Does my current and future happiness depend on George Clooney? No! Daydreaming about George Clooney aside, do I think that there is my own personal prince charming out there waiting for me somewhere? Yes! Do I need him to pay my bills? No! Does my current and future happiness depend on him? No!

This just to let you know that she reads this blog because it is the COH and we write about George all the time. So she either made a mistake about Stacey (thought it was her but was not) or was making a joke which snowballed because everybody in this blog started to write about it, downloading information checking the news left and right,...so she deleted that twitter message first, then when someone brought up the fact that she is also corresponding with Vale and Eli, she blocked the account. Unfortunately for her some of us only "minimized" her twitter page and did not exit it so we still have it, others were able to get the Stacy message because it was still in ther clipboard. These computers!!!
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:47

socimar wrote:
lelacorb wrote:I've never seen before George got into the car before a GF ... now he does this!

Sometime when one door opens in the street (therefore dangerous) it is better for both people to get inside the car from the opposite (and safe) door; in this case the man goes in first so he can slide all the way to the right and the woman can just sit down in the seat near the door. He was being a gentleman.
Socimar he went up from the sidewalk, so no danger!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 18 Jun 2012, 13:02

Thanks for that info Socimar....I saw her blog but didn't read the whole article.

The cynic in me says has me not trusting these photos...maybe I don't trust him....but it seems strange that with all the talk this weekend of his not being affectionate with her (and it isn't just here on the COH) he decided to show a bit more PDA in public. Like I said just being a cynic and playing Devils Advocate. Oh and if we are going for body language ---- she doesn't look as relaxed as she did when she went shopping....but again my perception.

(I think that is his cousin the actor Miguel Ferrer...)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 13:30

Seems as if George is telling some tale or other and has everyone's attention except Ben's.

.....or is he serenading his One True Love
with a rendition of O Sole Mio ? Love3 oopsie lol!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 18 Jun 2012, 13:40

After the restaurant "Gatto nero" restaurant "Villa d'Este" in Cernobbio, then "La barchetta" inBellagio same places where the paparazzi stationed throughout the summer because not only frequented by George, but last week at the "Villa d'Este" there were 'Bruce Springsteen with his wife, De Niro arrives every summer and often Mary Streep, just to name a few!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 18 Jun 2012, 13:47

It looks to me like the PDA is just friendly, a hand on a shoulder either means shut up I'm talking or there there, agreement! I think the hand hold is G making a point resting his hand on her chair and Stace putting her hand on his, again a "shut up dear" kinda moment! What's with the hat! how rude, also didn't someone comment that Liz used to have her phone on the dinner table? Georgie! shame on you too!! Very bad manners! G does seem to own the conversation but Stace doesn't look at ease at all......great!! ok sorry everyone!!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Mon 18 Jun 2012, 13:56

I agree the Stacy wearing the hat at the table is out of place. Proper manners says you take your hat OFF while dining. George showing PDA anywhere? Are you guys kidding? That's not in his blood from what I have seen all these years....

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:14

Point of etiquette. Ladies don't have to take their hats off at mealtimes or indoors. Men should. If this was true the Queen and all Royals would be taking their hats off and putting them on again when they get up from the table, plus every single guest wearing a hat at weddings! And possibly every bride

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:24

...another fedora..... coffee is not enough Never really see the point in wearing a hat at nite to begin with...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:27

fluffy wrote:It looks to me like the PDA is just friendly, a hand on a shoulder either means shut up I'm talking or there there, agreement! I think the hand hold is G making a point resting his hand on her chair and Stace putting her hand on his, again a "shut up dear" kinda moment! What's with the hat! how rude, also didn't someone comment that Liz used to have her phone on the dinner table? Georgie! shame on you too!! Very bad manners! G does seem to own the conversation but Stace doesn't look at ease at all......great!! ok sorry everyone!!!!

Really fluffy ? How do you read that ?

And what's with the "Georgie bad manners' ?? I'm confused

I like SK's style because it's different and original and shows she has complete confidence in herself.... IMO anyway.
Surely we should be celebrating that as
"Open Minded Sisters of the Free World" ?

And she's always modestly dressed in all the holiday pictures....
compared to last year's beach shots it's a welcome change lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:30

I have got to say NOW I believe the LOVE STORY!!!!! He can't keep his hands off her...LOL
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:31

party animal - not! wrote:Point of etiquette. Ladies don't have to take their hats off at mealtimes or indoors. Men should. If this was true the Queen and all Royals would be taking their hats off and putting them on again when they get up from the table, plus every single guest wearing a hat at weddings! And possibly every bride

I was thinking the same thing p a n....

She's at a casual holiday meal....outdoors too !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:33

phys major wrote:I have got to say NOW I believe the LOVE STORY!!!!! He can't keep his hands off her...LOL

Oh my word.... a convert at last....not.... LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:33

Well... looks like the Italian bunch was/is enamored of me... lol!

Now back to the serious photos... I have to say she's not pregnant... unless she drinks wine while pregnant... I don't know if that's acceptable or not, personally I wouldn't... I think in Europe it's okay??? I don't know so please explain... ??? Would not want to offend anyone though...
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:37

Firstly, Stacy enough with the fedora. If you are trying to make out that you are trying to be incognito and not be recognized by the paps the we really don't believe it.
Secondly, glad to see George more relaxed maybe the wine in front of him had something to do with this.
thirdly, how do we know that this photo op wasn't set up by her PR team to quash all the chatter on COH that George is miserable with her. If they read this site and saw Barla's post about how George treated her during the last dinner seems appropriate that they would try to at least look like they like each other at this dinner.
As for the tweet, I think we need to let it go and stop stalking this poor person online. Maybe she thought it was Stacy on the plane or maybe she was making it up, doesn't really matter since Stacy is obviously still in Italy. Beginning to feel bad for the poor girl, having to lock down her account because her name is being splashed all over this site. How many times have we seen tweets saying they have seen George etc when really it's not George. The stalking is really adolescent!!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:53

C'mon Stace! Grab that hunk and give him a liplock in public. You've done more to discredit him as a ladies man and lover by this 'sterile' public persona than anybody. No wonder people don't believe it's real. Grab his ass! Better yet, George, grab hers! Sheesh! Surely if it's damage control you're trying to do, at least do it well.....go big or go home!!!!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 18 Jun 2012, 14:56

@NMC How do you know she's not the one stalking??? My mother always told me to stay out of something I knew nothing about. Now, if you know more, please come clean... Laughing
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:05

Cinderella wrote:@NMC How do you know she's not the one stalking??? My mother always told me to stay out of something I knew nothing about. Now, if you know more, please come clean... Laughing

Not sure what you mean Cinderella?? who is she stalking?? Since the tweet was copied to this site it seems from everyone's responses that they went to her twitter account, blog accounts etc and started reading and posting her personal info. Geez even Socimar admitted to reading her personal history and started publishing things on this site about it. I would be freaked out if it were me having my name splashed everywhere and strangers checking me out on line. She obviously knew people were checking her info and didn't like it, why else would she lock it down. Just my opinion nothing more nothing less.

Mystery Tweeter, if you are reading this site the stalkers are harmless, I think!!!!!!!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:06

Lakin460 wrote:C'mon Stace! Grab that hunk and give him a liplock in public. You've done more to discredit him as a ladies man and lover by this 'sterile' public persona than anybody. No wonder people don't believe it's real. Grab his ass! Better yet, George, grab hers! Sheesh! Surely if it's damage control you're trying to do, at least do it well.....go big or go home!!!!

Lakin you are cracking me up Lots of happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:12

Grabbing GTC in public clearly didn't get La Canalis anywhere for very long! And I seem to remember GTCs hand on SK's butt in a lot of premiere pix.

Think they're very sweet together. We can imagine the rest

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:13

i am totally agreeing with you Seth G,it's not like EC or girls before her was his wife. she was only his girlfriend .there is no shame .

i don't know i am going to compare between SK and EC cuz Elisabetta was the latest EX ,but isn't G spoiling her with more luxury and special things more than he did with EC "stylist ,luxury dinners, ........."?

they look happy and in love!
holding hands.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] watch your hands in public MR Clooney

Last edited by Aly on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:24; edited 1 time in total
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:15

lol! lol! lol! I love the "mystery tweeter" reference! That's too funny!!! Just giving you a hard time, NMC!... lol!
Strange things happening lately and I cannot help but laugh about it... Everyone wants to say George and Stacy are not together when we all know they are... And now this Italian lady giving false testimony over the internet. As someone here stated, she knows Stacy then she knew it wasn't Stacy on that plane... Why the false testimony??? Weird Inquiring minds want to know!!! Smile
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:16

The next mrs clooney wrote:
Cinderella wrote:@NMC How do you know she's not the one stalking??? My mother always told me to stay out of something I knew nothing about. Now, if you know more, please come clean... Laughing

Not sure what you mean Cinderella?? who is she stalking?? Since the tweet was copied to this site it seems from everyone's responses that they went to her twitter account, blog accounts etc and started reading and posting her personal info. Geez even Socimar admitted to reading her personal history and started publishing things on this site about it. I would be freaked out if it were me having my name splashed everywhere and strangers checking me out on line. She obviously knew people were checking her info and didn't like it, why else would she lock it down. Just my opinion nothing more nothing less.

Mystery Tweeter, if you are reading this site the stalkers are harmless, I think!!!!!!!!

The whole point of being on Twitter is to have people "FOLLOW", aka, stalk you. I'm not going to give anyone who posts all their crap on twitter, including Cray Cray, slack for feeling stalked, or freaked out. If you don't want people finding out your business, then don't put it out for the whole world to see. What a Face

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:21

Cinderella wrote: lol! lol! lol! I love the "mystery tweeter" reference! That's too funny!!! Just giving you a hard time, NMC!... lol!
Strange things happening lately and I cannot help but laugh about it... Everyone wants to say George and Stacy are not together when we all know they are... And now this Italian lady giving false testimony over the internet. As someone here stated, she knows Stacy then she knew it wasn't Stacy on that plane... Why the false testimony??? Weird Inquiring minds want to know!!! Smile

trust me I'd love to know as much as anyone else. Thought my head was going to explode on Saturday from all the drama and excitement affraid
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:23

bellybaby wrote:

The whole point of being on Twitter is to have people "FOLLOW", aka, stalk you. I'm not going to give anyone who posts all their crap on twitter, including Cray Cray, slack for feeling stalked, or freaked out. If you don't want people finding out your business, then don't put it out for the whole world to see. What a Face

Nice attitude!!!!!!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:26

True bellybaby...I don't understand tweeters really confused
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:30

bellybaby wrote:

Nice attitude!!!!!!!

Keepin it real...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 18 Jun 2012, 15:57

Thanks to all for the pics, missed the bike ride, have to say DUCK SK while driving under low bridges.
Think George might be experiencing any pain from back injury? Could be part of the not looking happy all the time. How many of you when dining out with groups spend the entire time with your mate? I love my husband of 30 years, but enjoy the company of others while in social gatherings, yes my honeymoon ended many years ago! Given up trying to decide when, or if , how much GTC loves his GF of the moment. But he wouldn't be with her(whoever she is) if he didn't want to be.
Think the whole hat obsession with SK has to do with her attempt to accommodate her large forehead and hairline. She probably thinks it looks good and feels comfortable with the hat. This opinion comes from having fine thin hair and living with it.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 18 Jun 2012, 16:03

I do not know when they were at dinner Saturday night or Sunday night but there were 28 degrees (an incredibly hot) seems to me that Stacy is dressed heavier than all the other guests!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 18 Jun 2012, 16:04

Joanna wrote:
phys major wrote:I have got to say NOW I believe the LOVE STORY!!!!! He can't keep his hands off her...LOL

Oh my word.... a convert at last....not.... LOL

This isn't the first time I have seen men do this, they keep a women around for sex and companionship until the real love of there life comes along..He needs to show distance from his women, so other women, understand that his is just not into her.... Yes, he has to show some sort of affection once in awhile to get laid!!!! According to SK they have been friends for a long time if it were true love or she was the ONE he would have proposed already for fear of loosing her...It's all BS get ready for the next one..She'll be along soon..
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 18 Jun 2012, 16:14

phys major wrote:According to SK they have been friends for a long time if it were true love or she was the ONE he would have proposed already for fear of loosing her...It's all BS get ready for the next one..She'll be along soon..

A whole new take on this relationship! It's refreshing - thanks phys major.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Jun 2012, 16:30

I think that is Miguel Ferrer and his second wife. He and GTC are very close.

I wonder if friends GTC and SK met one day and Wham! that was it.......a bit like Matt and Lucia Damon. It wouldn't surprise me. They probably don't stop talking, loads in common, and the required physical attributes.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Mon 18 Jun 2012, 16:34

party animal - not! wrote:I think that is Miguel Ferrer and his second wife. He and GTC are very close.

I wonder if friends GTC and SK met one day and Wham! that was it.......a bit like Matt and Lucia Damon. It wouldn't surprise me. They probably don't stop talking, loads in common, and the required physical attributes.........

Ah ! So i'm not the only one seeing him ! Yeah the guy definitly reminds me of Migel (but wasn't sure - and don't know his wife so can't tell)
anyway, the more Clooneys the better !
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 18 Jun 2012, 16:42

Thanks to whoever gave me the greenie. lip smack

Just my thought but I think if he ever met "the one" he would keep her well away from the spotlight just out of respect for her.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 18 Jun 2012, 16:56

Jojo, I don't know what pics you were looking at but they're not the same. Stace's top was rather low! I thought you were an "older" COH poster, so you should recognise bad manners, the phone on the table, the hat, it's not a wedding! Someone else posted you were "pro" Stace so I can quite understand your protestations. But at the end of the day, Stace will slip away just like the rest! bom
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 17:07

From Hat Wearing Etiquette for Women

Wearing hats at an upscale restaurant is acceptable especially for fancy luncheons and High Teas. Indeed many ladies get together for High Teas where hat wearing is mandatory and is a fun event. Some advise that the hat should be part of your street clothes – a nice dress for example.
In theaters and concerts women are permitted to wear hats. Hats should be removed if they obstruct the view of another patron.

Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Mon 18 Jun 2012, 17:09

Lots of different pics here on Lainey.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George & Stacy by candlelight
June 18, 2012 Posted at 11:25 AM
Lainey Posted by Lainey

Stacy Keibler spent part of her first weekend as the mistress of Villa di Clooney in Lake Como at dinner with friends, by candlelight, seated next to her boyfriend with his arm around her or his hands in her lap entwined in her fingers. Very romantic. Very SOLID. The two dined with friends and looked super relaxed. OF COURSE the locals all have something to say about it: “We’ve never seen him so happy! He is in LOVE!” The follow-up question to that, naturally, would be - more or less in love than when he was with Elisabetta or Sarah or Lisa? We never do get the answer to that one, do we?

Still, Stacy is in such good standing and has performed so beautifully it’s inevitable the proposal rumours will ensue, and not even by her own encouragement. In fact, if I were her, I’d be pissed if one of those low-grade tabloids started suggesting it. George is so skittish he needs to be approached gently, and with a plan. I’m not sure it’s part of Stacy’s plan to accelerate the relationship...yet. She’s shown herself to be a lot more strategic than we’ve given her credit for.

More importantly though...

Who manages the guest schedule at Villa di Clooney? All summer there’s usually a steady rotation of visitors. I would be happy to do this job.

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 18 Jun 2012, 17:12

Ok I am still feeling bad about blowing the cover on the tweeter.....but I agree that the whole reason for twitter is to let the world hear your voice. I have a twitter account which I started when I was unemployed so that I could network. If it is locked then no one can find me...the reason I copied her tweet is that she didn't seem like some of the crazy tweeters who tweet anything even false sightings. I thought she was legit. I will try not to copy the person's name again....

As to the dinner....I notice GC is taking BW's photo...could it be they are celebrating his anniversary? Didn't BW get married at the villa two years ago?

-----------

didn't want to make a new post....I swear I am not stalking the woman who tweeted but I did look her up just to see if she opened her account again and well----she did. Apparently someone took her phone drunk tweeted, then locked her out of her own account....

Myst solved...oh and no more stalking.... Wink

Last edited by silly girl on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 18:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 17:19

In case a confirmation is needed -

Hats in Restaurants
A woman may wear a hat in a restaurant during the day. Actually, up until mid-century, a woman would not consider going outside in public without a hat. Therefore, she would, almost, never consider taking her topper off in a restaurant. See movies from the 1940s for reference.

In the evening, a woman may wear a hat in a restaurant if she is wearing street clothes. (Women are not in “street clothes” when they are dressed for a cocktail party or a formal (black tie) event. Jog suits are not "street clothes" for anyone over 40 or 50 and no hat in the world will help.)
Because so many sites get this wrong, I want to reemphasize this point with a quote from Gary Warth at VillageHatShop.com, "Women should not remove hats that go with dinner suits or dinner dresses throughout the evening."
The rules of etiquette confuse people because men must remove their hats in a restaurant or at a table. On the other hand, only Ronald McDonald would consider a hamburger joint to be a restaurant, so that would be a gray area.

Read more at Suite101: How to Wear a Hat - Women's Hat Etiquette at Restaurants, Parties | Suite101.com [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 18 Jun 2012, 18:01

Bidbod,
Welcome. I haven't seen your posts before and they are very appreciated.

Barla,
Why isn't appropriate to wear a hat at dinner? Oops, have done so many times before, and not just if I'm having a bad hair day.

I'm glad G is touching SK, he's really is a good actor when he wants to be. I just wish that what the paps report were true. LOL

davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 18 Jun 2012, 18:40

Seth,
Yes I am very skeptical, having worked in Hollywood. Still I am wondering if Hello Mag added that "dig" on G because they knew that they were lying on reporting the "love match." To what extent do paps write what celebs and their publicists want? Personally I would not care how many girls slept in the same bed, went to the same restaurant, etc. I focus on how my man feels about ME.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 18 Jun 2012, 19:56

Lakin460,
Thanks for letting me know I am allowed to wear hats in restaurants. Like SK they are very flattering on me, help on windy days with my hair blowing, and really emphasize my eyes. I stand out anyway, so a little more attention from wearing a hat is no big deal. So a "shout out" of thanks to SK for making hats even more popular, especially when she popularizes styles that also look good on me.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 20:02

fluffy wrote:Jojo, I don't know what pics you were looking at but they're not the same. Stace's top was rather low! I thought you were an "older" COH poster, so you should recognise bad manners, the phone on the table, the hat, it's not a wedding! Someone else posted you were "pro" Stace so I can quite understand your protestations. But at the end of the day, Stace will slip away just like the rest! bom

You are a funny fluffy Sofa bounce

No offence meant flower

Yes, I'm a second cousin thrice removed on my grand mother's side, of SK
and I'm very very old Laughing out loud
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 18 Jun 2012, 20:05

New theory about G&SK's longevity. Many gay men find G appealing and a few write hopeful blogs. A known girl at his side, and not a "revolving door" in public, lessens comparisons to famed womanizer Warren Beatty (rumored to be a poor and selfish lover, unlike G's reputation.) Now can you imagine the rumors if G&SK broke up? Every female visitor to Lake Como, married to one of his friends or an employee, would be subject to massive pap attention. But just who were the "mysterious brunettes" that the paps keep referring to on the boat rides? I'll bet they haven't been able to photograph EVERY girl G has kissed.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Jun 2012, 20:07

Grant could have gone home he and his wife have kids, so maybe he only came for the week.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 20:08

an oldie but a goodie, Jo! Thumbs up!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Mon 18 Jun 2012, 20:11

Thanks for the welcome, Davida-Rochelle, I'vebeen here since cookie aisle days - I lurk always and post seldomly.

I haven't really mustered up any interest for Stacy; I loved the craziness of Bette! But, saying that, I do think, we as women treat each other unfairly. I disagree with those throwing up vulgar wrestling images of her. She was in her early twenties! In her late twenties and into her thirties she behaved with such decorum that Hollywood Tuna complained about her being covered up all the time and this was before George. Against her, I think visually she makes George look 'dainty', a complete turn off in a man for me, imo, but hey, who knows. If it isn't just for show and it works for him, then it can only be good. BUT, I loved, loved, loved the idea of an Italian romance. Sorry that Bette was a holiday romance gone wrong and gone wrong too long! Going back to lurking now.....

Last edited by Bidbod on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 20:35; edited 1 time in total

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 18 Jun 2012, 20:12

Joanna,
Just curious as always but WHY are you so pro-SK? WHY do you think that she is such a fab match for G?

Again, I'm very glad that SK popularizes hats, although she could switch off more often. Then she might get a hat modeling/promotion contract.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 18 Jun 2012, 20:21

silly girl wrote:Ok I am still feeling bad about blowing the cover on the tweeter.....but I agree that the whole reason for twitter is to let the world hear your voice. I have a twitter account which I started when I was unemployed so that I could network. If it is locked then no one can find me...the reason I copied her tweet is that she didn't seem like some of the crazy tweeters who tweet anything even false sightings. I thought she was legit. I will try not to copy the person's name again....

As to the dinner....I notice GC is taking BW's photo...could it be they are celebrating his anniversary? Didn't BW get married at the villa two years ago?

-----------

didn't want to make a new post....I swear I am not stalking the woman who tweeted but I did look her up just to see if she opened her account again and well----she did. Apparently someone took her phone drunk tweeted, then locked her out of her own account....

Myst solved...oh and no more stalking.... Wink

Thanks fro solving the mystery Silly Girl. Have to say I'm kind of disappointed that it was just someone messing around. The mystery was exciting while it lasted and much more exciting than talking about whether you should or shouldn't wear hats to dinner. I guess we need the drama to spice up the monotony is Stacy Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next